Author Topic: Re: With a Twist-McCloud Kids Gotta Skill, Dec. 16  (Read 134022 times)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: With a Twist-Tastes Like Chicken Aug. 19
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2016, 02:23:30 PM »
I vote blossom please.  How cute was that?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2016, 02:42:38 PM »
Dear Friends and responders,  Please forgive me for not posting but it really is going to be worth the wait!  I've taken time to do the week of extra boosts from Jasmine so will shortly have tons of updates.  Is romance in the air?  Tragedy?  Success?  Oh, so much to share~~!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Tastes Like Chicken Aug. 19
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2016, 04:01:55 PM »
Oh oh oh, how exciting! Runs out to buy lots of popcorn and butter in anticipation.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2016, 02:52:58 PM »
I'm excited! I've been doing the same thing, playing my dynasty file furiously while I can get the triple boosts. Can't wait to see what happens with yours!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2016, 05:24:25 PM »
@Joria and @FrancescaFiori

Awww, I've been trying to finish the Baby Boomer challenge but I just realized that the boost week ends tomorrow (I wonder what time?).
I can't wait to see what's been happening with both your households, I really can't!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-First Date Aug. 29
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2016, 05:11:27 PM »
The unfortunate thing with taking a break from the actual writing is you are so far ahead in the story it is difficult to go back.  Rather like re-watching an episode of a favorite tv series.  (Been catching up on Once Upon A Time!)  So, I have a ton of chapters and random things that have gone on and even a folder full of un-irfaned screenies.  My apologies if the writing and such is a bit disjointed or boring.  Here we go!................................................................

***********************************************************************************************

Ais:  Uh, h'lo Waylon.  Ummm you mind if I join you?  There's a show I thought I'd catch.

Waylon:  No, Aislyn that would be fine.  Uhh, I'm kind of in the middle of this sports event though.  Will your show be one when this is over?  (Thinks to self:  Oh, brother!  I never catch a break.  Now I have this GIRL hanging around.  Never get to watch baseball in peace with her here.)

Ais:  Sure.  It's just a re-run anyway.

Waylon:  (Great.  Now we're going to have run on comments on how cute the pitcher is or why don't they wear nicer clothes and why are they always chewin' stuff.)

Ais:  Oh!  Is this the game between the Pirates and the Pilots?  I heard this one was going to be intense!  They've got a new first baseman and.......

Waylon:  (Great!  Just what I thought!  A non-stop commentary on the merits of wearing pink or something!  Give me patience!  Can't be rude to the heir.)

Ais:  WHOA!  Did you see that catch?  I never thought Johnson would get it!  One more out and it's game over!  Run, stupid!  Run!  Slide home!

Ais:  That was one terrific game!  I didn't think the Pilots had a chance.  I mean, they aren't exactly at the top of their league or anything.

Waylon:  Yeah!  Intense!  Well, now they have Bruschinsky to come up to bat they actually might have a chance.  Waddya think?  Pennant  maybe?

Ais:  I don't see why not.  They got the players, they got the heart and it looks like they got game!

Waylon:  (Hmmmm.  Maybe she's not too bad for a girl.)

Ais:  (He really is kinda cute.......for a jock.  Now if he only has a brain.  Definitely has a nice body and not too hard on the eyes........hmmm)

Waylon:  (She actually is kinda cute........for a girl.  Not that I have anything against girls.  I just always thought she was just kind of a kid.  Like a little sister.  She sure cleans up nice.  I love that little hat..............hmm)

It didn't seem like an auspicious beginning.  Waylon just was too into his whole sports thing and Aislynn didn't really seem to know what to do with herself.  The whole thing of suddenly being a young adult was a bit overwhelming.  Her Dad has sat her down and had "the talk" with her, the one about dynasties, and her Mom had sat her down and had the "other talk", the one about love and babies and all.  It was pretty confusing.  Suddenly the whole world rested on her shoulders and she wasn't too sure she could carry the weight.  What was that old guys name?  Atlas?  Yeah, it was like that.  Or like that king, Sisyphus.  Too much of a task for one young adult to handle all at once.  Where was the dancing and playing and just having fun?  She wasn't too sure she wanted to live forever anyway, not if it meant losing everyone she loved.  Uncle Don was getting pretty long in the tooth and Mom had been complaining about her back.  Trying to find "the One" who she would love and be a Soul Mate with was daunting all by itself.  Rez was so cute, and Waylon wasn't too bad either.  Decisions, decisions.  And what about all the guys from the club?  It's not like she had a short gene pool to choose from.  Just, why did it have to be now?  As it turns out, her Watcher had ideas of her own.

Waylon:  Now how am I gonna say this?  I think I was kind of a jerk earlier.  Maybe she didn't notice.  Do I apologize or...........?  Come on, stupid, just start typing........ok.......here goes.............Dear Aislyn.............

Ais:  Oh.....Waylon.........fancy seein' you here.  (Strikes a sexy pose)

Waylon:  (gulp)  Uh.....hi Ais.  Yeah.  Uh......I was uh.....just............uh.....thinking about you.  Yeah, I was just thinking about you.  I really enjoyed watching that game with you earlier and.............

Ais:  Oh?  I thought maybe you were a bit bored.  I had fun watching it with you too.

Waylon: (gulps again)  Errrrr.  Yeah.  No!  I mean no!  I wasn't bored!  Just intense.  Yeah.  It was intense.  Good game.  Yeah.  Good game.   Uhhh.....I like your outfit

Ais:  Oh?  This old thing?  I'm glad you like it.

Waylon:  Yeah.....it's cute.  Good color for you.  Uhh,  say.....you busy or anything?

Ais:  Me?  No.  I'm not busy at the moment.  Why?

Waylon:  Well, I thought maybe we could do something together or something?

Ais:  Why, Waylon Lothario!  Are you asking me for a date or something?

Waylon: Well.........yeah.  I guess so.  I mean, we have a lot in common and I think you're pretty cute and smart and.....oh..............maybe you don't want to?

Ais:  Oh, no.  I'd love to go out with you.  I uh.......well, you're kinda cute yourself.

Way:  We really don't know much about each other.  Maybe we could..........I dunno...go somewhere and just talk?

Ais:  Ok.

Way:  Soooo, maybe a hug for frienship's sake?

Ais:  (Ohhh......he really is sweet.....and so strong.....)  (whispers)...I really do like you Way.

Way: (She really does feel so good in my arms.  So tiny and delicate.  I could really take care of her if she'd let me).....(whispers)....I really do like you Ais.

Don:  Hey there you two!  What you up to?

(In unison):  Nothing!

Way:  Uh,  Ais and I were gonna go out for a bit Dad.  That ok?

Don:  Oh sure!  You kids have fun! 

Don:  Don't do anything I wouldn't do.  You'll both be back when?.....

Ais:  It won't be too long Uncle Don..  We're just going to talk....right Waylon?

Way:  Yeah.  Not too long.

Don:  (Yeah, right.  Chip off the old block there and he knows it.)  Ok.  Well, don't stay out too long.  You know folks will worry.

together:  We won't!

Way:  Let's go Ais. See ya, Dad.

Will this be the start of something good?  Only time will tell.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »
Awwww! I love it! So many sims love stories are total whirlwinds. It's really sweet to see these two kind of take it slow. Doesn't hurt that they're both adorable. I'm imagining very, very cute children. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-First Date Aug. 29
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2016, 05:39:43 PM »
Aislyn and Waylon are too adorable together. I love their watching a baseball game together!
Sorry, Don, but stay away! Waylon's not going to grow up to be a player!
Do they find love? And what does Rez think of all this?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-What A Wonderful Night, Sept. 2
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2016, 04:32:32 PM »
Finally done with my massive landscaping project I did for JudeSims and can get back to my dynasty.  Updates galore coming soon!  Thanks for reading and responding.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-It Was A Dark, Dark, Night...Sept.2
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2016, 08:04:36 PM »
What a rocky start to a romance!  First, Mr. I'm-Such-A-Jock-I-Don't-Need-Girls makes horrible, rude faces, (thankfully unseen by the girl next to him), then he's all "Babe!", when she turns on the heat.  As for our heiress, really?  Are there no other men in town?  Ok, most of them ARE related to your honorary Uncle Don, and they are ALL very attractive, but what about the Brat Pack?  All the buds in your personal flower garden of a club?  Looks are pretty cool all the way around, stats/traits not so bad.  So why do you have to focus on the jock?  Whatever happened to the smexy Rez? Ok, so he's got the Lazy trait.  That's not really a handicap for someone who basically is going to be a nooboo maker.  Really, he looks like he would be quite interested in that position!  Didn't he follow you around whenever he was here?  You couldn't get rid of the guy sometimes.

"Look, Watcher, I have my reasons!"

"Oh yeah?  Name them then because I'm completely baffled."

"Ok, eye candy wise, he's pretty cute.  I'd give him a 9 because he's a bit too muscle bound for my taste, but not so much so I can't enjoy those gorgeous eyes.  Plus, Don mentored him in both Painting and Body Building and he's already a level 9 in both.  That means he has a really good choice of careers.  You said you wanted a treadmill, so he can get one if he goes Pro-Athlete, right?  You said you wanted a nice bed, and he can get one if he joins Painting career.  Plus, despite being a bit overly focused on sports and his body, he's really a very nice guy.  I think all that jock stuff is because he's a bit shy with girls.  And finally, I LIKE him.  YOU said I needed to have a spouse who will provide me with nooboos for the dynasty and I chose him!  End of story!"

Well, I guess I'd been told, so I quietly followed them around to see what would happen.  How many trips to the gym, you ask?  Too many for this couch potatoes liking, but it seemed to work.  Pretty soon, Waylon was the one following her around, and from what else I saw, that's probably a good thing.  Then finally, one dark, dark, night.................

Way:  Soooo, this is it.

Ais:  Yep.  Pretty cool actually.

Way:  Yep.  Much prettier in day time.  Sorry I couldn't take you here then.

Ais:  Oh, that's ok.  You had training and all.  And it IS pretty. Just look at that fountain!  And the flowers and all.

Way:  (whispers), Not half as pretty as you.  I......uh......I .......

Ais: (whispers), It's ok.  I do too.  I know what you're trying to say.  It's ok for strong men to care.  I......well......I love you too.

Way:  You are the most amazing woman I have ever known, not that I've known that many.  You're smart, you're beautiful, intuitive and......well.....you put up with me.  Not many women would.

Ais:  Me?  You think I'm smart and beautiful?  I......I don't know what to say.  I've never considered myself particularly beautiful. 

Way:  Look, I brought you here for a reason.  Beside it being a beautiful and romantic spot, no one is ever here.  I needed to talk with you, let you know I care about you, and maybe explain a little.  See, my Dad, is leaving everything up to me.  He wants me to watch out for my brothers and sisters and take care of Don's Kidz Klub, do well in everything I do and find a good wife.  I think he really wants one of us to be the man you marry, and that's ok with me.  Just not if it's anyone else but me.  That's a lot of pressure, and a lot of hope, and I guess I've been kind of scared and acted like a jerk.  Could......could you.....?

Ais:  I didn't know you had all that on your shoulders.  I know how something like that feels.  I mean, I'm a dynasty heir for goodness sake.

Way:  So it's ok?  You could maybe ........

Ais:  Dope.  Of course I could.....I do......uh, I think its time we stopped talking.....

Ahhhhh.  There it is.  True love's kiss.  Magic.

Way:  So it's official?  You'll be my girlfriend?

Ais:  Does this silly squeal and hopping around answer you?  Of course I will!

Way:  Let's try this kissing thing one more time.  Just to make sure we got it right.

Ais:  No problemo!  Oh, Waylon,  you are mmmmmmmph........

Way: Less talking, more kissing......

Way:  Aislynn McCloud, will you do me the great honor of becoming my wife?  I promise I will love you all the days of my life, provide you with love and laughter, and always be there for you.  Will you have me?

Ais:  Ohhh.  Oh....I......I'm speechless.

Ais:  Oh, what a beautiful ring!  How did you?......I mean you've been so busy.....when did you have time.....?

Way:  Are you saying yes then?

Ais:  Yes?  Of course yes!!  Oh, it's a perfect fit.  How did you know?

Way:  Your sister.

Ais:  My sister?  Oh, you wonderful man!  You are absolutely perfect!

Way:  Whoa!  Good thing I work out!  Not that you're heavy.  I could hold you in my arms forever.

Way:  I love you my princess.  My perfect, tiny, adorable, beautiful, wife to be.  I love you with all my heart.

Ais:  Oh, Waylon.......my Waylon.......I love you.

Way:  Should we go home now? Tell everybody?

Ais:  You betcha!  Oh, Sis must be gnawing her nails off waiting to hear what happened!

Way:  What about your Mom and Dad?  Will it be ok with them?

Ais:  They already love you, just like me.  Well, not JUST like me but they will be delighted.  Besides, I can handle them.  (smooches)  Let's go, big guy!

Airynn:  So you did it?  You said yes?  Don't you just love the ring?

Ais:  Yes, I said yes!  Duh!  You know how much I've wanted him.  The ring is magnificent.  Did you help pick it out?

Air:  Nope.  It was all Waylon.  I went along and tried it on for size but he wanted something as "beautiful as Aislyn".

Ais:  Thank you, Sis.  I'm so happy.  I know you will be soon, too.

Ok, ok.  So I'm a hopeless romantic and thought a little trip down romance fiction might be nice.  All those books with hunky men and half dressed, windblown women just inspired me I guess.  Somehow reading "Wintersmith" again just brought out the romantic in me.  Crivens!  Till next time!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-It Was A Dark, Dark, Night...Sept.2
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2016, 10:04:10 PM »
Awwww, what a romantic proposal! I like that Waylon is shy but I didn't realize he was the oldest son. He and Rez weren't twins, then?
*sits back in anticipation for another glorious wedding ceremony a la Joria

The Watcher really planned well with Waylon's skills, too.
Bed or treadmill? Oh right, I keep forgetting that you are playing a No-Buy ID and can't just buy a high-quality bed or treadmill!

Waylon and Aislyn are just adorable together...it bears repeating!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2016, 12:28:32 PM »
What a beautiful location!  It was the perfect spot for the proposal.  I really liked how Air helped Waylon with the ring and how excited she was for her sister.  I'm looking forward to the wedding too...and the nooboos.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2016, 02:00:27 PM »
@oshizu :  No, Rez and Waylon were born close together but from different Mom's, both who lived at Partihaus.  That made things a bit tense with the friends for sure!  Rez Rosa and Waylon Capriciosa, (or however you spell it).  The last child Don had is Harrison Rosa who is still a child at this point, so three times with Jade. His third child is Cornelius Core who was the best looking of the original 3 but traits weren't quite as good with the gloomy trait in there.  In order it was Waylon Capriciosa, Rez Rosa, Cornelius Core, Marley Behr, Christopher Pancakes, Donell Rosa, Eden Lee, and Harrison Rosa.  All of his kids were fairly good looking with Marley being the least attractive.  A trip to the wardrobe would do her up well though.  Whenever I use Don he always has good looking kids but they always have this "Hapsburg chin", a longer, pointier one that juts out a bit too much when seen in side view.

@Catarina :  Thank you.  That setting is from the Lost Gardens of Healing, a Maxis build.  It really is a romantic and lovely place and has the Wishing Well, rest rooms and a picnic/grill area so is a good place to take a date.  I've never seen other Sims there so the romantic interactions don't get interrupted.

I have a question for you readers.  Am I dragging this out a bit too much?  Most writers take one screenshot, write a little bit and move on to the next thing the Sims are doing or need to accomplish. If I actually wrote books it would take ten or more to finish a series, and that can be boring.  I get really involved in what they are doing but don't want my Sim obsession to become a bore for you guys and it could make this story go on forever. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2016, 04:57:27 PM »
Aww. Ais and Way are the sweetest. I really loved the proposal.

I really like the way you are pacing your story. It's not boring to me one bit. I think you really take time to fill out your characters and let us get to know and love them, too. You set up you scenes nicely, too, particularly the last two, and I think that makes for a very nice story. No need to change your style on my account. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2016, 05:22:53 PM »
@Joria
I also love the way your story unfolds slowly and find the growing relationships between your characters really fascinating. So cute how Waylon was a jock like Don but really shy around girls.
It's great that different players have different approaches to storytelling.
I'm always excited to notice that you've posted an update, Joria! I am never, ever bored with your stories, your sims, and your house tours!