Author Topic: Re: With a Twist-McCloud Kids Gotta Skill, Dec. 16  (Read 133074 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-The Big Question Sept. 3
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2016, 09:19:23 PM »
Thank you so much.  It is more interesting to me as well.  I like watching how the characters develop, especially since it isn't always my doing!  I should tell you, at the moment there are several more sappy romantic moments about to occur.  ;)

***********************************************************************************************

SMOOOOOCHHH!

Rez:  Whoa!  Where'd that come from?

Air:  Is it ok?  I mean.....did I offend you?  Not do it right?  Darn it I messed up didn't I?  I'm sorry.....I.....I....

Rez:  No.  No.  Didn't offend me at all.  At you absolutely did it right.  I was just surprised.  I mean your parents and everyone are right there and.....

Air:  I embarrassed you, didn't I?  I'm really sorry.  I.....I guess I just got carried away.  I'll just go......I guess I thought we.......never mind....

Rez:  Airynn.....honey.....you didn't do anything wrong.  Please, don't apologize.  And I thought we......well......you know.  I guess I thought you wanted to take things really slow and all.  I mean, we don't even know where we stand here.  You must know how much I care for you.

Air:  So....you're not upset with me?  Everything is ok?

Rez:  Of course I'm not upset.  Who could be upset when the beautiful woman you love just hauls off and kisses you like that?

Air:  Love?  Did you say, "love"?

Rez:  Yes, love.  C'mere and I'll show you what I mean.

Air:  Ohhhh.

Rez:  I love you so much it almost hurts.  Sometimes I think I just can't breathe because my heart is so full you take my breath away.  I love you, I love you, I love you.  You feel so good in my arms.  I never want to let you go.

Air:  Oh Rez, I love you.  I had hoped you loved me too. 

Rez:  Someday I want you to be mine, all the way mine.  For now, will you be my girlfriend?  Just between us for now?

Air:  Of course I will!  I was hoping you would ask.

Rez:  Yippeee!

Air: Hehehe.  If you want it just between us you'd better calm down.

Rez:  Well, maybe we could tell them  Just the family.  Do you think we should tell them?

Air: I'd love to, but this is Way and Aislyn's special moment.  You know he finally got up the nerve to propose didn't you?  Poor guy is sweating bullets because he's about to ask the folks if it's ok.

Rez: Uhhhh, will I have to do that?  I mean later? I mean......they're great folks and all but that's pretty scary.

Air:  You know, I think they sort of had you two in mind for us two anyway.  I doubt you'll have to tell them.  When the time is right, I'll let them know.  Ok?  Feel better now?

Rez:  Perfect!  You are absolutely perfect.  Sure.....we'll just wait and see how things work out.  Let Waylon and Aislyn have their moment in the limelight. 

************************************************************************************************

Ais:  Mom!  Dad!  You'll never believe this!

Kieran:  What? That your sister is kissing Rez right behind us?  We know.  We're........

Ais:  No!  Not that.  Oh.....you don't mind?

Kieran:  Well, it's been pretty obvious how they feel about each other for some time now.  So what's your big news?

Way:  Actually, sir, there's something really important I need to ask you.  A moment please?

Kieran:  Waylon, anything you have to ask or say can be done right here, right now.  No secrets in our family, except maybe what someone is getting for a gift.  Now, what is it?

Way:  Uhmmmm,  well you see Sir.......

Kieran:  This sounds serious.  Sir with a capital S.  Ok, I'm listening.

Way:  Well......you know you have an amazing daughter and......well I've grown quite fond of her.......and.....I am asking for your permission ...............

Kieran:  Oh.  You want to marry Aislyn.  Why didn't you just spit it out.  Of course it's ok.  We've been waiting for you to get around to it.  Ask her already then?

Way:  heheheh.....uh.....yes sir I did.  She said yes if it's ok with you.

Kieran:  And probably even if it isn't ok....All right Waylon.  Relax.  Dina and I give you both our blessing.  Right honey?

Dina:  Absolutely right.  You were SO BAD stringing poor Waylon along!  Shame on you.

Kieran:  It's a father's privilege my love.  About time, eh?

Dina:  Just as we had hoped sweetheart.  I'm delighted, but you behave now.

Ais:  That really wasn't very nice of you Daddy.  But I forgive you because this was the most amazingly beautiful and romantic proposal ever!  You should have seen this place!  All fountains and flowers and statues and......

Kieran:  And no one else there, and the moon light and.....

Dina:  And almost as romantic as someone in a towel proposing in a gym. hahaha

Ais:  Yeah!  And he got down on one knee and gave me this most beautiful ring!  Wait.....you've been there?

Kieran:  A time or two with your Mom.  And the towel proposal was too romantic!  I couldn't wait a minute longer.  Didn't want to lose you.

Dina:  Come on Waylon, let's go in.  Let's all go in.  We've got plans to make I believe.

Aislyn:  Mom, this is awesome.  It's too much.  I'm a little overwhelmed.  Feel kind of dizzy and.....

Dina:  Don't you worry about a thing, sweetheart.  We have lots of time and lots of options.  Waylon, why don't you sit down, honey?  You look like you're about to drop.
You two have made us so happy.  Now, just relax and we'll work out all the details.  Any idea where?

Aislyn:  Well, how about the park?  Where you and Daddy spoke your vows?  Or, maybe just our backyard.  Or what about.......

Dina:  Honey, let's you and me go sit down somewhere quiet and we'll talk all about it.  Give the boys a chance to chat and catch their breath.

Aislyn:  Ok, Mom.  Remember that dress we saw in............................

Ahhh, the joys of new romance.  Where will the wedding be?  What will everyone where?  Dina and Don both have bubbling life lines.  Will there be an unwanted guest?  Guess we'll find out next time.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-It Was A Dark, Dark, Night...Sept.2
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2016, 10:38:47 PM »
Good for you, Airynn, stake your claim while letting your sister have her moment.

Haha, Kieran, you dawg, you!
Awww noooo! No bubbling life lines for the parents of the bride and groom! Noooo!
After all the first generation have gone through, that would just be too sad.  :'(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Re: With a Twist-The Big Question Sept. 3
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2016, 01:18:16 PM »
Now I can't wait to see "that dress".

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Re: With a Twist-The Big Question Sept. 3
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2016, 06:08:58 PM »
Awww! A big night for both sisters. It warms the heart! So sorry to hear about the bubbling life bars, though. I can't wait for the wedding, but I sure hope Grim stays away!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-I Do Sept. 5
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2016, 06:22:57 PM »
Thank you all for reading, and a special big thanks and hugs to those of you who post.  Even a "nice story", or "can't stand this one", is appreciated because it lets me know you are interested and helps me improve.  So without further ado, I think the wedding is about to start....................

The day dawned bright and sunny.  Not too hot, not too cold.  A balmy 70 degrees Siminheight with a light breeze to keep things fresh.  There was the hustle and bustle and nervous fluttering around to make sure nothing was forgotten and everything was in order and all correct.  Menus were checked, flowers checked, everything that needed placing was placed.  Kieran was busy setting up his supplies and equipment and soon was busy chopping and stirring.  This was going to be a culinary extravaganza with cakes and the most exquisite dishes prepared and set out in plentiful array.  No one, young or old, would be forgotten or go home hungry.

Dina, polished up the glasses and made sure everything was in place at the bar.  It was her first daughter's wedding and she was going to make sure the juice was flowing.  Nothing was to go wrong!  They may have to watch part of the ceremony from their stations but that was ok.  They could see just fine where they were, and the knowledge they were giving all their love and expertise to the family filled them with a sense of accomplishment to add just a touch of spice to their joy.

This was it.  The Big Day.  Aislyn McCloud and Waylon Capriciosa were getting married!  The first gold medal party for the heir, (if all goes well).  Aislyn looked around with a little trepidation.  Would every one arrive on time?  Did Airynn have her bouquet and Rez the rings?

Way:  Hon, it's ok.  Everything is ready.  Now, just relax and let me look at my beautiful wife to be.

Ais:  Oh, Rez, look!  They all came.  All your brothers and sisters, all my friends from my club!  This is amazing!

Waylon and Aislynn, we are gathered here in the sight of all your family and friends to see you joined together in loving matrimony.  To be faithful and loving to each other for all your days. It will be your duty and joy to bring in the next generation, to nurture and care for each other and your children, and to further the cause of this dynasty.  Forever breaking the curse laid down on your ancestors so many centuries ago.  Are you both prepared for this difficult, yet rewarding challenge?

Waylon and Aislynn:  We are.

Ais:  (Watcher, will you just shut up and let us get on with it?)

W:  No need to get grumpy about it.  I just wanted to officiate.

Ais:  Waylon, you are my heart, my life, my soul mate.  I will love you and cherish each moment with you.  I promise to be the best wife I can be, to bear your children, to soothe your hurts, to fill your heart with love and to support you in all you choose to do and be.  You have filled my heart with joy and I am so grateful and happy that you chose me. 

Way:  Aislyn, the day you said "yes" I thought I was the happiest man on earth.  Now, today, as we promise our love and unity to one another, my joy knows no end.  I promise I will always love you and be faithful to you.  I will care for you and our children, support you in all your endeavors, give to you all the love a man could possibly have.  Thank you for choosing me when so many others were there to choose from.  I love you, and with this ring, pledge all I am, and all I could ever be to you.

And somewhere on a mountain top in a land far away, three witches all dressed appropriately in black, gave a cheer and tossed handfuls of confetti into the bubbling cauldron where they had watched it all happen.

Ais:  I love you my darling Waylon.

Way:  I love you my precious wife.

Dina:  Congratulations, darlings!  I'm so happy I could cry. 

Don:  Dina, you DID cry.  Ok, everybody, let's get this party started!

Kieran:  Beautiful ceremony, sweetie.  Foods ready if you want to call your guests to their meal?  Give them more energy for dancing.  Get it while it's hot.

Ais:  Ok, Dad, right after this number.  I'm too excited to eat just yet.

Dina:  So, Rez, what do you think of all this?

Rez:  Oh, it was really beautiful.  Aislyn looked gorgeous and everything was so nice.  A bit overwhelming for me though.  Are weddings always like this?  I mean, doesn't anyone ever just get married?  Privately?

Dina:  Oh sure they do.  But this was the wedding of a watched, dynasty heir.  Had to be a pretty big deal.  Ummmm, I saw you and Airynn the other night.  You two making any plans we should know about?

Rez:  Uhhhh, no.  Not yet anyway.  Didn't want to spoil Aislyn's moment you know.  I don't know.  It just seems so MUCH.

Dina:  Well, you have lots of time to think things through.  By the way, I made a pretty delicious Dina Special you know.  Maybe you should go get one and help reach another part of this wedding goal.  Gold medal time you know.

Ais:  Cake time, Waylon!  My Dad's special.

Way:  Looks great!  Ok, how do we do this?

Ais:  We just have to be careful we don't poke one another or get it on my dress.

Way:  Or ruin your hair or make up, right?

Ais:  Right!  Say ahhh.

Way: Ahhhh.....

Christopher:  Hey, Uncle Kieran!  Check out these moves!

Marley:  Oh, Chris you always have to show off.  Nice moves though.

Air:  You always were the best dancer in the group.

Chris:  Yeah!  I've been practicing.  Hoping to join that all male dance group.  You know the ones with no shirts and bow ties?

Marley:  Never happen but you're good enough I think.

Don:  He learned it from the best.  Check this out!  Oh, yeah.  The old man still has what it takes!

Later that day, it was time to take a break.  Aislyn finally had a chance to sit down with a plate of deliciousness her Dad had fixed for them.

Ais:  Wow!  I never knew getting married could be so exhausting!

Kieran:  It is that.  Have I mentioned how totally gorgeous you are today?  You really made me so proud.  Full of grace and composure no matter what.

Ais:  Thanks, Dad.  I sure didn't feel composed!  By the way, the food was outstanding!  Thank you for doing this for us.  I wouldn't want anyone else's cooking at my wedding.

Don:  So how are you doing Liz?  Life line ok?

Eliza:  Oh, bubbling away of course, just like you and Dina.  We were part of the originals and if it wasn't for that blasted ambrosia Kieran would be in the same boat, or worse, dead and gone!

Don:  It's the athletics for us three.  That's what keeps us goin'.  Soooo, don't let the kids know I had to stop dancin' and sit down.  I'd never hear the end of it.

Ais:  Dad when did you find the time to dye your hair?  I must say it looks great.  You don't look a day over 30 now.

Kieran:  While you all were dancin' I stepped out for a few and did the job.  I hate to look any older than I feel.

Don:  Vanity, vanity!  I think I look great as a silver fox.

Eliza:  I think so too, Don.

Don:  Say, here comes that girl friend of yours, Ais.  Poor thing.  She got the insane trait and now is always acting angry.  Her parents kicked her out too so she's homeless as well.  Nice of you to invite her.  At least she'll have a good meal.

Ais:  She's fine, Uncle Don.  She doesn't realize anything is wrong, gets to eat all she wants from folks grilling, and she just sleeps in the tent.  Really, it's almost like having a home.

The day finally was winding down to a close and this Watcher has had enough excitement for one day.  Before I go I will leave you with two more snapshots.  The first is the wedding party enjoying their second slice of cake.  Hilarious faces they made!

During the party while no one noticed Kieran's trip to the mirror, they also didn't notice little Donell Rosa aging up.  You certainly can tell who his mother was!  Just look at those eyebrows.  If anyone needs a trip to the dresser it's this boy. 

And with that, we'll let the newlyweds go off to their honeymoon while we take a deep breath till the next time we visit.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Re: With a Twist-I Do Sept. 5
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2016, 07:31:06 PM »
I loved the dress!  What an attractive couple.  That was a great picture of Don showing off his moves in that navy pin-stripe suit.  He has never looked so handsome.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2016, 09:45:13 PM »
Oh, such a beautiful wedding. I agree about the dress! A refreshingly original choice, and it suited Aislyn perfectly. I loved their vows, too. So sweet and sincere.
Don is a very fetching silver fox, and Christopher is a perfect candidate for The Dancers!
Best of all, no uninvited guests in black hoods. What a perfect day!
Also loved the cake-eating blooper shot. Too funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-I Do Sept. 5
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2016, 01:18:55 AM »
What a lovely wedding! Aislynn in "that dress" was breath-taking and Waylon in his tux looked very handsome as well.
I enjoyed reading about all the love the parents poured into the wedding.
Haha, Don still feels the need to show 'what he's got." Christopher actually resembles the redhead Carlos in my story, haha.

You write such great vows, Joria! I'm so happy that all the elders got to enjoy the wedding from start to finish!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »
@Caterina, FrancescaFiori and oshizu:  Thank you, my friends.  I was so nervous doing this wedding.  Every second I expected a grim visitor but all went well and it was a really happy time. 

That dress is usually seen all black and rather ghastly looking.  I used it for my 3 witches dresses as well, since the only witch dress is a Halloween costume thing and not appropriate at all for Pratchett witches. I've also seen it in Ally3772's story, Finding Happiness and it was really lovely.  What made me choose it was I was looking at some old family photos and it was definitely the kind of dress my Irish grandmother would have worn, except hers would have had a bustle.  She wore her hair that way and actually looked a lot like Aislyn.   I wish there were more outfits that were sort of period pieces.  Oh for the versatility of Sims3!

Don absolutely stole my heart away that day!  He started out wearing a red jacket kind of thing, very nice but not outstanding.  Then later I saw him in the pin stripe.  My Sims definitely had a mind of their own!  I think it was the handsomest I'd ever seen him.

More on it's way!  I've been sorting through the tons of screenies I've taken but I'll post what happens next soon.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Deep Woods Sept. 6
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2016, 09:15:17 PM »
The wedding had finally drawn to a close.  All the food had been eaten and all the drinks drunk.  Everyone was delighted in Aislyn's second Gold Medal event.  Only three more to go, and as popular as she has been, that shouldn't be a problem at all.  At home, things were slowly going back to normal.

Ais:  Mom!  Mom, I love you so much!  Listen, I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you and all your achievements, and to thank you for the best wedding ever!  It could not have been any nicer and it was all your doing.

Dina:  You're welcome my love.  It wasn't all me.  If you had not come up with all the ideas and that beautiful dress it would not have happened so well.  All your Dad and I did was fill out your dreams.

Ais:  Mom Way and I still haven't had a honeymoon.  Maybe we should go inside and toss around a few ideas?  I'm a bit concerned about leaving you guys, especially you, and what's worse, I still have to complete my Outdoor Enthusiast and max herbalism.  I don't even have all the ingredients yet!  What if I let the dynasty down?

Dina:  Not a problem.  You're not going to fail and you should have a honeymoon.  Inside we go!

Kieran:  Look, Kitten, you and Waylon need some time alone to really cement your relationship.  This is the fun time.  All your needs are met and there is really nothing to do except love one another.

Ais:  Dad, there are dynasty things to do as well.  I don't want to fail as so many others have.

Don:  She has a point but there might be a way to do both.

Dina:  Well I'm all ears.  What's your idea, Don?

Rez:  As long as it doesn't include a lot of people and a lot of work.  Speaking of work, if it means going anywhere I'm kind of stuck here.  I can't afford to miss any work yet and I don't have much in the way of vacation time.

Ais:  If I can work on my herbalism and last aspiration at the same time I can have fun and be with my hubby I'm all for it.

Way:  Me too.  I'm in for whatever it takes.

Don:  Camping in Deep Woods.  We have plenty of tents, there are extra beds, pretty much everything we need.  Heck, we can even take our showers with us since they're portable, and actually, with the new facilities built at the Cabin in the Woods we shouldn't have any problem. 

Way:  Sounds like a plan, Dad!  We guys can catch some fish, maybe finish up that collection, while Mom relaxes or studies and the gals can go find stuff for Ais.

Dina:  Should we wake up Liz?  Naaah.  Let her sleep.  The gathering will end when we leave and she'll just go home anyway.  Never saw her crash like that before.

With the plan made, the family packed up everything they could possibly need and off they went.  It was a temptation to just take the big lodge at the campgrounds but this was not a time for living posh.  The forestry cabin in Deep Woods would do just nicely, and besides, wasn't this where the path to the hermit's house was?  Having all this in mind, Aislyn lost no time in starting to gather the rest of the ingredients she needed.

Before you could say "butterfly", Aislyn had a pot of herbal brew going.  The piney air was now scented with herbs and other, less savory things, all guaranteed to work.  Bottle after bottle was quickly prepared and stored in everyone's back pack.  Hopefully, no mosquito bites this time around! 

Meanwhile, the men had met a fairly interesting character.  Kieran knew what was going to be facing him soon so he tucked away this guys name and phone number just in case.  After all, there were three bubbling life lines.  This guy Loved the Outdoors, and gardening and his only worrisome trait was Goofball.  Definitely a possibility.

Aislyn worked diligently harvesting and brewing for a good part of the day.  Eventually, hot on the trail of some morels she had yet to acquire, she discovered the vine covered entrance to what looked like a cave, or maybe a trail leading deep into the mountainside itself.  It looked pretty creepy and scary, but having had the experience of the Grotto, she believed wonders awaited her.  Maybe even the long lost trail to the hermit's house.

Parting the thorny vines with care, Aislyn stepped inside the dark hole. Hoping for the best, fearing for the worst, she bravely entered deep into the mountain.

After what seemed like a long journey filled with webs and other assorted nastiness, she finally stepped out.  She had done it!  That WAS the path to the hermit and there was the cozy cottage itself.  Looking around she saw the hermit's garden patch.  Alas, not everything was ripe for the picking but that didn't deter her in the least.  There were bugs to be found, (and eaten), fish to be caught and nights of love to spend cozily ensconced in the tent she and Waylon would share. Quickly, she called forth her family.  They all had things they could do. Dina opted to set up the tents and start preparing that night's dinner while everyone else headed for the river for some fishing.  After all, it was a vacation, wasn't it?

Kieran:  Aislyn!  Where is that liniment you brewed?  I'm getting attacked by a huge swarm of mosquitoes.

Ais:  Here, Dad!  Catch!

With everyone slathered up with insect repellent, the hearty crew was finally able to get in some serious fishing.  It was Waylon's first time but he definitely had a knack for it. 

Kieran:  I got one!  It's a whopper!  Ooooh, it's fish for dinner for sure!

Ais:  Me too!  Oh, I hope it's a blue crawfish!  I haven't had any gumbo in a long time.

Kieran:  Yep.  Another whopper. hahahaha

Ais:  What you gonna cook up with that, Daddy?  Glue?

Kieran: Hey, just consider it mermaid's hair the way you used to when you were little.  And don't mock.  Seaweed is very nourishing you know.

The night drew on.  As the full moon rose over the tree tops, it seemed to lay a blessing of peace and quietude upon the land. The air was fresh, scented with all the good growing things you only find in a secluded wilderness such as this.  The soaring pines were like the spires of a graceful cathedral, murmuring softly in the breeze.

Aislyn was starting to get drowsy.  A good sign for someone who had to spend five nights in a tent.  Off she went to the hermit's cottage. Cozy and warm inside, Aislyn soon drifted off to sleep, dreaming, perhaps, of the loved one who slept by her side.

The next morning, bright and early, Aislyn made the acquaintance of the hermit.  She was a nice old lady, and not as formidable as others have said.  They chatted awhile and finally agreed to spend sometime pleasantly cloud gazing while they got to know one another.

Meanwhile, Dina had been busy in the kitchen fixing a scrumptious breakfast for them all.  While the guys packed up the tents and gear, the three ladies had a chance to relax and share all they knew.  Dina spoke of cooking and mixology, and the hermit gave sage advice about the growing of herbs and brewing them into healthful and helpful potions and lotions.  Too soon the time arrived when they had to return to the Deep Woods.  There were still a few things Aislyn needed there and maybe there would be time to catch a few more fish as well.

Back in the Deep Woods forestry center, Kieran took some time to be alone with Dina.  While she was cheerful, it was after all, part of her nature, he was all too aware their time was now short.  He wanted every chance he could have to be with her and let her know how very much he loved her.  Taking her by the hand, he poured his heart out.

Kieran: Dina......I.....

Dina:  Hush now.  I know.  It's ok.  I knew what I was getting into and I don't regret one single second of it.  I have never felt so loved, nor have I ever loved so well.  We've had happy times and we have a wonderful family.  Smile, my love and just keep loving me.

Kieran:  I will.  Oh, I certainly will. All the days of my life.  You have always understood me and given me such joy.  Hey, we have time yet,  let's have some fun!

And so they did.  Their time at camp was over then, and back home everyone high fived and was delighted to be back.  Vacations are fun, but oh dear heavens they could be exhausting! A mad dash would have to be made for the bathroom, but in the meantime, they could just enjoy the moment.

While the kids availed themselves of the facilities, Kieran and Dina, lovers to the max, found a different way to celebrate their homecoming. Setting those tents back up in the back yard had proved too tempting for these lovers.

Sadly, when they finally went  inside the house, they got some sad news.  Their good friend Eliza Pancakes had passed on while they were gone.  She must have known it was her time so didn't even try to come with them.  Rest in peace, good friend.  You are with your Bob at last.

It had been a good vacation and not too shabby for a pre-honey moon, honey moon.  While Aislyn didn't quite complete her list of things she needed for her herbalism, at the very least they completed their first collection.  Proudly mounted in the locked room that only Kieran could enter, was all the mounted fish they had caught as a family.

Author's Note:   As time goes on you might notice a lot of shelves on different walls.  I guess it's kind of a personal cheat but being as ocd as I am I simply could not have a bunch of stuff all over the floors.  So shelves, originally obtained via the Connections ploy, were duplicated to keep things neat.  This wall is part of what will be the museum and is the ambrosia room, therefor, locked.  To the extreme right you might just see some of the Potions of Youth stored there.  Till next time, my friends, happy Simming!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Deep Woods Sept. 6
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2016, 09:54:33 PM »
Awww, I think I now have a +2 Happy (from Vacation) moodlet!
Your sim family is really great and you made their trip seem so fun and relaxing!

Rest in Peace, Eliza! This family would no doubt award you with the Helper of the Year Award!

P.S. I don't see why duplicating reward items you "earned" would be considered a personal cheat. You earned them!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Re: With a Twist-Deep Woods Sept. 6
« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2016, 07:28:01 PM »
What a lovely pre-honeymoon and family vacation! Productive, too! Your fish collection is gorgeous.

Love that Kieran and Dina can still shake up a tent when they want to. Those two are so sweet. :)

I agree on the shelves. You duplicate away! I can't stand stuff on the floors, either.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist -Happy Times Sept. 8
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2016, 06:41:39 PM »
Thank you, both.  While duplicating ANYTHING I earned is not a rule breaker as far as the challenge goes, I just felt, since I was trying for No Buy, it was a bit cheaty.  I just hate "mess".  Clutter I can handle but stuff on the floor drives me batty.

****************************************************************************************************

It seems like the days were going to be filled with sunshine, love and laughter.  While our dear friend and helper, Eliza Pancakes had passed, still the memories we shared with her lingered on.  She was always there to butt in help, with a smile on her face and an eager willingness that was one of her trade marks.  Like in these photos......

Oh yes, happy times remembered well.  Kieran in his swim trunks, Don and Liz, busy with the watering can while Dina sprayed for bugs.  I have to say they did a great job managing that garden.   

Shortly after this, Kieran finally took Don's advice.  We all could see how strong and handsome Don was, and he urgently encouraged Kieran to follow in his footsteps.  Just because they could no longer run for hours on end didn't mean there wasn't ways to stay fit and strong!  I had to hide my smiles when I took this shot.  Kieran looked pretty nervous about that back flip Don talked him into.

A Watcher's life is often so full of these little moments.  It's what makes the job worthwhile.  Like, watching the joy on the faces of Dina and Airynn as they looked at some of the wedding proofs the photographer sent them.  Truly a beautiful sight. Even Cowabunga was smiling!

Later, that evening........

Air:  We got the proofs of the wedding pictures today.  They were so awesome!  Aislyn and Waylon both looked so happy and in love.

Rez:  Yeah, it was a great wedding.  Have you heard from them?

Air:  A few postcards and texts.  I imagine they are just having a great time in Sunlit Tides.  Warm sun, gorgeous beaches, blue, blue water.  What could be better?  I wonder what they are doing right now?

Rez:  Oh, probably the usual.  Relaxing.  Getting a tan.  You know.

Way:  Ok, coast is clear.  I don't think anyone saw us.  Stop giggling!  Someone will hear and want to know what's going on.

Ais:  I can't help it.  THAT was definitely an adventure I won't write home about.  It just made me laugh imagining what the folks would think.

Way:  Well, let's just keep it our little secret, ok?

Ais:  Ok.  You really surprised me.  I didn't think you were such a daredevil when it came to having fun.  More your brother's style.

Way:  Where do you think I got it from?  I AM Don Lothario's son after all. 

Ais:  Ewwww.  TMI!

Way:  Sooooo, you wanna go again?

Ais:  Shameless!  You are totally shameless!  Of course! 

Way:  Rowrrrrrrr.....

********************************************************************************************

Rez:  I imagine they are having a good time.  But, you know my brother.  He can be kind of a stick in the mud some times.

Air:  Yeah, I guess.  I don't really know him that well.

Rez:  Good.  I'd much rather you got to know me that well.

Air:  Oh?  And how well is that, exactly?

Rez:  This well......

Air:  I could like getting to know you that well, or maybe even better.

Dina:  You think the kids are ok, hon?

Kieran:  Yeah, they're fine.  That romantic "date" spot the Watcher built is cozy and romantic but not too cozy, if you get what I mean.

Dina:  And so far away from the tents!  I'll finish up dinner, you wanna mix me up a Simsopolitan?

Kieran:  Comin' right up!

Sometimes it's good to just have some Happy Times.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Happy Times Sept. 8
« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2016, 03:39:00 PM »
Thank you, both.  While duplicating ANYTHING I earned is not a rule breaker as far as the challenge goes, I just felt, since I was trying for No Buy, it was a bit cheaty.  I just hate "mess".  Clutter I can handle but stuff on the floor drives me batty.

What a hard additional rule you've set for your dynasty!

Ahhh, young romance! Are we witness the creation of the next generation?
It's pretty hilarious how the different couples really have no idea what the others are up to!
What gorgeous twins you have!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Re: With a Twist-Happy Times Sept. 8
« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2016, 07:25:17 PM »
What a sweet honeymoon, and a lovely little date spot. You couldn't have designed it better if you'd had free use of buy mode!