Author Topic: Re: With a Twist-McCloud Kids Gotta Skill, Dec. 16  (Read 133089 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: Re: With a Twist-Another Good Day Nov. 13
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2016, 05:04:28 AM »
Aww, what a great update! I loved the conversation between Dax and Braylon. I agree with Caterina about feeling sad for all the fatherless children, so it's great when some of them get the opportunity to really meet and get to know their dads. :)

And the party on the bluffs looked like a lot of fun! I really don't take my sims out to enjoy themselves nearly enough. It's always right back to the grindstone, hey?

I certainly don't mind the minutiae of their lives - it's what makes sims storytelling interesting. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Another Good Day Nov. 13
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2016, 07:13:03 PM »
@Caterina : For some reason Dax has really run into only one of his kids, where Don knew them all and was always having them over to the house.  As a Watcher I kind of fell behind on this one and didn't keep track of the names of his kids, mostly boys.  Bad Watcher!

@FrancescaFiori :  The more I looked at the ruins on the bluff the more I thought it was either a wonderful villa or one of the "baths" as in Roman style baths like in England.  I've started a remodel of it with that in mind so that will be a fun, and probably frustrating, build for me.  Wish it was a wee bit bigger of a lot.  Now the very idea of a  natural, hot, mineral spring scared the bejabbers out of me.  Hello, folks!  That's an indication of active volcanic stuff going on below.  Scarey.

@Whirligig :  It was fun to just let them go play!  Something I'd love to be able to do myself.  Like you, mine are always so busy skilling or what not they rarely have time for fun.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Bridget Nov. 17
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2016, 02:15:44 PM »
Yesterday, after hours of pondering how I was going to make the following interesting, and still more time writing it all up, I somehow lost the entire post right at the very end.  How I did it I don't know but it was very disheartening and really made me quite angry at myself and my own limitations.  Pretty much the whole day was ruined and try though I might I just can't seem to get the magic back.  So, without further ado I am simply going to present to you Miss Bridget McCloud.

"Ahhhh, Nooboo you are here at last!  Everyone has been waiting for you."

Of course, the rest of the family got into the act as well.  Daddy Waylon seemed like he was definitely going to dote on this little girl.

Waylon was proud as punch.  It seemed like he was figuring he had done it all himself, totally forgetting all the misery his wife had gone through in carrying and bringing the child into the world.  Men. (scoffs)

Grandpa Kieran was delighted as well.  Here was the next step in breaking the family curse.  Little Bridget had a lot ahead of her but for now she could just be cuddled and loved.  So far three generations of McClouds.

Kieran congratulated his daughter on a job well done.  For her part, she was happy the hard part was over.......or was it?

Later that same day the family sat down and discussed plans for the future.  It seems everyone had ideas as to how to raised Bree, (her nickname), and what she would do and become.  Funny how parents can plot all these things but how often does it happen as they wish?

For now let's just leave the new Momma taking care of her little one and move on from this brief update to wait and see what tomorrow might bring.

*********************************************************************************************************

Sorry this is so short and rather truncated.  I simply could not bring myself to try and write the entire thing out again after the amount of time and effort I had put into it before.  I felt we just needed to keep going and eventually catch up with what the family is doing.  Little Bridget is an angel baby at this point but I know there will be a lot of adventures ahead for her.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Bridget Nov. 17
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2016, 03:39:46 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your post but I'm glad you still had your charming photos!

Welcome to the world, lucky Bree!
You have a family that loves you and a wonderful, caring Watcher!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2016, 08:55:51 PM »
Welcome Bridget! A charming chapter despite your very frustrating difficulties!

I particularly like Waylon all dressed up, rocking the baby. Somebody get that poor man a burp cloth or that dapper vest ensemble is a goner!

Looking forward to Bree's adventures!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2016, 06:45:04 AM »
Oooh, so sorry you lost your post! :( How wonderful for our little heir to finally join us - welcome, to the family Bree! And yes, I know all to well what it's like for sim parents (and watchers) to plan what their childrens' lives will be only for them to take their adventures in their own direction. I look forward to seeing where Bree's adventures take her! :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-First Visit to San M, Nov. 18
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2016, 06:34:02 PM »
@oshizu, @FrancescaFiori, @Whirligig :  Thank you for your kind words and support.  I doubt it would have hit as hard as it did if we weren't in the doldrums part of our local weather.  Nothing but grey skies day after day.  Very depressing!  Those who live or have lived in Britain can relate as our weather is very similar.  All I want to do is sleep away the grey days.

*******************************************************************************************************

She's here!  The heir has finally arrived and so we are three generations in to removing the curse laid on the McCloud family.  Definitely a time for celebration and having a bit of fun.  Aislyn made sure Bridget was well fed, dry, and content as the entire family had decided on a bit of family fun and exploration.  The new city of San Misyuno was finally open and ready for tourists.  Sending little Bree off to a competent day care, the family descended on what they hoped would be one of their favorite spots, the park.

As it turned out, Airynn was feeling particularly weary and not really in the mood for fishing or treasure hunting, so she opted to stay behind in the lovely wedding garden.  The family had all determined who needed what skills they could mentor the new children with and piano was going to be Airynn's job.  Unfortunately, she was a few points short.  Since there was a really fine piano in the wedding garden, Airynn just sat down and began playing.

It was lovely and warm there.  Fragrant with all the beautiful flowering plants blooming near by, and with the sounds of the city muted to form a harmony with her music, it was just what the doctor ordered for her.

Rez, Waylon and Dax all had run off to try their luck at the fishing holes, while Aislyn studied the stars in the telescope.  She would mentor the children in logic so this was a great spot to hone her skill and maybe work on another collection for the family.  Kieran, on the other hand, had heard there was some interesting new foods he could taste, and possibly learn the recipes for, so off he went to the small food court that was near by.  It was his first experience with chop sticks but he somehow managed to learn just how to hold them.

Getting the food to his mouth was no problem, keeping from going up in flames might be another matter.  This stuff was HOT!  Not just hot, but dragon's breath hot.  As a chef he had tasted spicy hot foods before but this stuff would definitely be a ten on any scale.

They were all having a good time but there was so much more to explore.  First stop was the museum where absolutely nothing was happening!  No food stalls open, and really, they all could paint at home.  Next stop was the Spice District.  Kieran was hoping he could pick up some of the exotic spices he had tasted in the food he had eaten that day, but unfortunately no one had a stall open.  More disappointment?  Time to get a frosty beverage and plan what they were going to do next.  So far the day had been less of an adventure than they had hoped it would be.  Stepping up to the bar, they introduced themselves to their first San Misyuno native.

Rez and Airynn had discovered something else to do.  To their joy, they found it wasn't just a juice bar but a karaoke bar!  Rez decided it was time to serenade Airynn with some soulful love songs.

Meanwhile Dax had found an adorable young woman to try his wiles on.  She was cute and pert and a local girl.  Someone brand new!  Maybe he would make another conquest?

After some polite banter, Dax knew this young lady was not going to be swayed by his beguiling ways.  And really, that karaoke machine looked very promising.  He offered to serenade her and she was quite willing to listen.  Karaoke was definitely her thing, older men....not so much.

Looking over his shoulder, Waylon could see his brother singing his heart out to his lady.  He never realized Rez had such a romantic streak in him.  That was actually looking like fun.  If he only had the courage......naaah...he was the strong, silent type.  Best leave the singing to Rez.

Hearing all the comments Waylon was making, and being encouraged to give it a shot by the bartender and Aislyn, Kieran found a booth of his own to try his vocalizing in.

Oh yeah!  He looked good!  He knew he was going to crush this gig.  Or so he hoped.

Rock on Kieran!  You've got it babe!  It looks like Elvis McCloud is in the building!

The soulful sounds of the blues was pouring out of Rez who threw his whole heart and soul into the song.  Unfortunately, staying on pitch was just not his forte, at least not yet.  Still, we gotta give them all props for the effort.

A long day of fun, some good fishing and a few angelfish in hand, it had been a great day.  Time to mosey on home.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-First Visit to San M, Nov. 18
« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »
Seeing how much fun the McClouds had with karaoke, I wonder if their Watcher will buy them a home karaoke machine.
Singing is a banned club activity for my sims--I just couldn't take hearing their singing all the time, lol. They were constantly singing.

I'm eager to know when Kieran finally gets his hands on spices at the Spice Festival. Be sure to arrive at the Spice Festival right after it opens.
My sims arrive 90 minutes later. They could see the Swag Stall there but it never opened.

Dax--don't give up on Miko. She's a Serial Romantic and no way she wouldn't be interested in someone who looks as good as Dax! lol

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Cowabunga, Nov. 18
« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2016, 09:26:42 PM »
@oshizu :  Nope.  No karaoke machine unless Kieran can steal or transform something into one.  It's a no buy game, remember?  They really do get into the singing.  My Sims singing never gets to me because I play with sound off.  The canned theme music annoys me a lot and besides, I usually have my dh sitting next to me doing stuff.  I suppose I could wear my headset.

For my learn-about-San-M game, my Sims lived right there in the Spice District so they got there right on time.  Just had to step outside the house.  But my idc game they have to travel.  Fortunately, they were all ready to go when they got an invite from someone to go there with him so they all did, just as it was setting up.  The booth was there but the owner was kind of behind the booth and it took forever before he actually was willing to sell.  My bad because Kieran went over and introduced himself and I actually had to send him away and then back again before he could buy spices.

*******************************************************************************************************

There she stood in all her bovine beauty, wondering if she was going to be left alone once again or would there be a kindly soul who would come and play with her.  She had her cake all baked and ready for visitors, although it was not yet on display, but here she was, mooing mournfully and alone with no one to keep her company except the ghost next door.

Finally He arrived.  Dax.  Her best friend and the family gardener.  Joyfully she offered her freshly baked cake to him.  Would he take her up on it today?  He had once before, causing her much amusement.

"Dude!  Dax, don't do it man.  She'll eat you alive if you take her cake."

"But it looks so good, and she's been so lonely.  I think she just wants to share."

"Man, I'm tellin' ya.  You take the cake and you pay the price and I don't want to have to deal with the smelly goo after."

Reaching out trustingly, Dax took the cake firmly in hand.

"Hey there, my beauty.  Is this for me?  Really?  It sure does look yummy.  Baked it yourself did you?"

With a snap of her jaws and a raucous cackle, Cowabunga slurped up her treat.  One, soft hearted Dax.  She drooled and snickered as her udders filled up with essence of Dax.  Aaaah, it was good to have a friend again.

Of course, children, we all know cows can't digest people very well.  So shortly after a big burp and a significant swallow, up Dax came.  Cowabunga gagged and hurled and choked and spasmed.  Opening wide she struggled even harder.  The ghost next door was definitely not amused but rather disgusted at this display.  Rex, meanwhile just shook his head disgustedly.  He just couldn't believe Dax could have been that gullible.

"Oooofff!  Yuck!  Cowabunga!  That wasn't nice"

"Dude, I told you.  I warned you about that but did you listen?  Noooo.  You had to go and grab the cake.  Now look at you.  Gross!"

Cowabunga just smiled and said, "Sorry Dax.  Just kidding."  Somehow, neither Dax nor the ghost next door found it at all amusing.

"Cowabunga you and I are going to have words if this keeps up.  Well, old girl, at least you've got a full udder of essence of happiness.  But no more swallowing me, ok?  I'm too old for this."

"Ok, Dax.  No more cake."

"Ok.  A few more squeezes and you're done and I get to go take a shower.  Now, you be good.  I heard it was your portrait night.  You're lookin' fine so smile and behave."

"I heard Dax ate the cake again, Rez."

"Yep.  He just won't learn.  Some day it will be the end of him.  He's too old to mess around like that.  He's already had two warnings you know."

"Yeah, I know.  Been a bit worried about him.  He seemed a little slower today on our trip."

With Cowabunga well fed and looking smug, and her portrait well on it's way to being a masterpiece, this Watcher will leave you now with this cautionary tale.  It's not always a good idea to take the cake.  (reaches for her plate and fork)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: With a Twist-First Visit to San M, Nov. 18
« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »
Hilarious! Oh, Cowabunga. How I adore you. I'm so impressed with Cowabunga's longevity. I can't keep a cowplant alive more than a sim week, even if I'm really trying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Farewell Dear Dax-Nov. 19
« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »
@FrancescaFiori :  Thank you.  I kept on killing off cowplants as well but have been determined to keep a better eye on Cowabunga.  So far so good.

This next update is a bit long, and while normally it would be sad, I was so completely amused by what was and wasn't going on I had to keep a lot of the screenshots.  The following is actually about half of what I took.  Even dh was laughing.

*************************************************************************************************************

The moon was shining down softly on the pregnant young woman.  She was talking softly to her friend, Cowabunga the cow plant who appeared to be smiling and nodding and listening intently to her.  It was a lovely and touching scene and Dax knew it just had to be memorialized for eternity.  He was aging up so fast and maybe this would be his lasting legacy for the family he was so fond of.

Although Airynn had already gone into the house to rest, he knew he had captured the scene well.  He stood back for a better perspective, and then, brush in hand once again took up the painting with a joyful heart.  He was confident this was going to be a masterpiece, worthy of being hung in the home of his dearest friends.

It had been a very long day.  First tending the garden, then a whirlwind trip to San Misyuno, and finally that draining experience with Cowabunga.  He didn't blame her.  It was just in her rather jocular nature to tease him like that.  And really, once the goo was all washed off, it wasn't so bad after all.  Still, he was exhausted.  It had been a very long day.  Grabbing a plate of Kieran's excellent food from the kitchen, he went to the lounge for some R&R with the brothers, Waylon and Rez.  They had all decided on a midnight nosh and movie time.  They hadn't seen that new movie yet, the one about the lost dog finding his way home.  He had barely settled down when he suddenly felt very, very strange, and as if from a long distance, he heard music.  Music it seemed only he could hear, strange, haunting, chilling music.

"Uh, guys?  Do any of you hear that?"

"Shhhh.....the little dog is running down some streets he doesn't recognize."

"He's lost.  Oh no!  Poor little puppy."

"Guys?  I don't feel so good.  Guys?  Wait.....what's that light?.....Uhhhh..."

Dax sank slowly down to the floor.  Around him a dim, yet colorful glow could be seen, as if his living aura was wavering and trying to come loose.  Waylon excitedly cheered the dog on while Rez, totally immersed in the story, could hardly breathe as the pup ran farther and farther away from the little girl who loved him so much.

"Guys.  Really.  I.....uh.....I....don' feel so great.  Guys?  Uh, 's ok I just lay down here for a bit?"

"What is that dog doing?  C'mon fella!  Stop running.  You're getting more and more lost!"

"I dunno, Waylon I think he's going to be in big trouble soon."

Oblivious to the plight of their long time friend and companion, Rez and Waylon continued to discuss the show, debating what would come next and what the little dog should do.

"The way I see it he should be ok for the night.  I mean, he's in a nice city and I'm sure there are going to be some kind folks who will take him in and give him a hot meal and a warm place to sleep for the night."

"I dunno, Way.  Seems to me most city people are pretty cold hearted.  And don't forget there are a lot of troublemakers out on the streets late at night.  The way I see it he's in even more danger, not to mention he must be totally exhausted by now."

Dax lay there silently, feeling his life force slip away and wishing with all his heart they would notice, or at least just shut up.  Meanwhile, unseen by the two young men, Aislyn had come into the room, hoping to join them in their movie night.  Instead she was greeted with the horrifying sight of her good friend lying there, dead, at their feet.

"OH NO!  NO!  Please say it isn't so!"

"C'mon little guy!  Come on!  You can do it!  Run!  Run for your life!  Way, you see the mummies?"

"It's ok, honey.  The little dog will be just fine.  Yeah, Rez I see them.  He's gotta make it, he just has to."

Devastated at the loss to the family, Aislyn began to sob hysterically.

"My poor friend.  Oh, my dear, dear friend.  I am going to miss you so much."

"Honey, it's ok.  He'll make it home just fine.  This is a kid's movie and no way the director's would let it end up in tragedy."

"I can't watch!  He's gonna die, I just know it.  So far from hooooommmme."

"Geez, Rez, I'm not sure I can watch more of this.  It's even makin' me tear up."

(background sounds of heartfelt hysterical sobbing)

"I know Sis.  This part always gets to me too.  I saw it in the trailer and I couldn't help it, I just choked up.  Hitting me pretty hard right now too."

"Uhhhh, Rez?  Rez?  Ummmm, Dax is lookin' kind of weird.  You suppose he's ok?

"Rez.  I think there might be somethin' wrong with Dax."

"Just tired. Had a long day.  Now here comes the best part......RUN LITTLE GUY!  You can do it!  RUN!"

"See?  I told you he'd make it.  He's home!"

"Uhhhh, Rez?  We got company, and not the kind I want to see."

"Huh?  Company?  Oh, hi Grim.  What brings you here at this hour?"

"Uh oh.  Way?  It's Dax?  I never even noticed.  OMG. Way I feel so terrible."

"Dax, old friend.  Rest in peace.  Grim, please be gentle with this soul.  He was a good friend."

"I'm sorry Dax.  We'll miss you."

"Come with me Dax.  We've a long journey ahead of us."

"Farewell, Dax.  Till we meet again."

And with a swoop and a swish of his scythe, the Grim Reaper performed his duty and harvested the soul of our friend, the irresistible Dax.

"Ok, then.  Think I'll get a snack.  That movie made me a bit peckish."

"Thank you, Grim.  You were very kind."

"All in a day's work.  Sure does get tiring some times though.  I just ache all the way into my bones.  Wait.  All I've got is bones....heheheh"

And so ends another eventful day in the life of Clan McCloud.  Or does it?.......

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Re: With a Twist-Farewell Dear Dax-Nov. 19
« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2016, 11:15:29 PM »
Very funny and sad!  Poor dog...err Dax.  It's a good thing the movie ended or the guys would have missed the reaping altogether.  I really like your living room.  It looks very home-y.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Dem Bones-Nov.20
« Reply #267 on: November 20, 2016, 07:39:01 PM »
@Caterina :  Thank you for the compliment.  I really like that living room myself, but I am a big fan of pink or red so you'll see it a lot in my builds. 

The great thing is I didn't stage this at all.  Yeah, I had Dax go get a snack and come to watch a movie with the boys since all their fun meter was in the red.  I never expected those faces and how intent they remained on the movie while poor Dax bit the dust.  Dax life line had been bubbling away so I expected him to die soon but not THAT soon.  I'm very grateful that I play with the pause button as my best friend or I would have missed the whole thing.

And now, for the next part of that day. (chuckles)

************************************************************************************************

While Aislyn was terribly saddened by the death of her dear friend, Dax, she really couldn't blame Grim.  After all, it was his job and he was good at it.  She had known and befriended Grim a long time ago when she was just a child, spending many happy hours with him playing chess and working out at the gym together.  So it wasn't unusual for them to strike up a friendly conversation.  Aislyn filled Grim in on the birth of her child and how she finally got her final promotion and Grim told her about his day.  He was pretty worn out as it turned out.  With the arrival on an entirely new and full city his job was getting a bit overwhelming.  To the point he was actually considering taking in an apprentice.  Maybe split the territories up.  Even Newcrest had had an influx of folks since the new restaurants were built.  It was just getting to be too much for one, tired and aching Grim Reaper to handle.

"You know Grim, what you need is a nice aromatherapy massage.  Maybe that would ease your achey bones.  Who knows?"

"You mean, like go to a spa?  Tried that.  Everyone screamed and ran away.  Never did get a massage.  The sauna was nice though."

"Awwww, c'mere big boy.  You need a hug."

"Wow!  You ARE tense!"

"You know, Aislyn, you are one of my few good friends.  I guess it's easy to not be afraid of me when you're immortal."

"I guess.  But really, I like you for yourself.  You were always sweet to me.  Now, how about I give you that massage you missed?"

"Really?  Man that would be so awesome."

"It's right this way.  Come on.  Any particular incense you like?"

"Well, I am partial to the scent of lilies, but anything you have would be great."

"Ok, now just relax and let my magic fingers do their job.  Pretty tight over there isn't it?"

"mmrrrmmphff"

"Ok, we're just going to adjust those ribs a wee bit.  They can get pretty achy carrying heavy things around and that scythe looks like it weighs a ton."

(contented sighing)

"And now for the finale to really get the spirit flowing and perk you up! Feel good?"

"(contented sighing) Feels, absolutely wonderful.  Haven't been this relaxed in eons."

"Ta da!  I'll bet you feel a ton better."

"I do, I do.  Say, how about I return the favor?"

"Grim, you just made my day!  I would so love a massage from you."

"Now where did you put that massage oil?"

"Over there on the table.  To your right."

"Ok, now just relax.  Ready?"

"mmmhmmm"

(Grim singing)  "Hello, darkness my old friend.......how's this feel?  Not too rough?  Sorry for the boniness.  Let's loosen up those shoulders......I've come to talk to you again....(humming)"

"Because a vision softly creeping.......comfy?  This ok?"

"Dang!  Just got a call.  Ok, this is the last bit.  Back scratch!"

"Ahhhhhh"

"Ok, gotta jet!  See ya and thanks!"

(Sighs)  "Thanks, old friend.  That was the best massage ever!  Have a good one!  (cough, cough).  Man I wish he didn't have to use that smoke so much."

And with this long day finally over, we leave our Aislyn in her jammies, relaxed and ready for bed.  And so am I.

"Good night, all!"

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Re: With a Twist-Dem Bones-Nov.20
« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2016, 01:15:12 PM »
Awww. Nice to see Grim get a little TLC. He really is very hard-working.

I couldn't stop laughing at the simultaneous tragedies of lost doggie on TV and actual sim dying in the room. Priorities, guys! I suppose Dax wasn't technically alone when he went, but I think I'd be a little offended if I were him. Did it at least minimize the sad moodlets?

Anyway, great chapters, beautifully told! Love this family!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Dem Bones-Nov.20
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »
When did the boys finally notice that Dax was dying? When Grim arrived or when the movie ended?
Sims will cross from one end of a lot to another, go upstairs or downstairs, and so forth to witness a death, so it's crazy that the boys were so into their movie?
Did they not get sad moodlets?

Awww, Aislyn and Grim exchanging massages. I agree that he does need a helper; he takes forever to reach anywhere in San Myshuno.
Loved these two updates!

anything