Author Topic: Sims 4 - Saving Sims to Library  (Read 121741 times)

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Sims 4 - Saving Sims to Library
« on: April 06, 2016, 02:26:41 AM »
I apologize in advance, because I'm sure this is basic stuff that's been covered, but I did some searching, and I can't find an answer, and I can't figure out what to search for.

Basically, I want to know how (if possible), I can take families I have played for a while and save them to my library, so I can start a new game file and import that family that I've already prepared.

There is nothing, as far as I know, wrong with my game. I simply don't know how to do it. I did it in Sims 3, but can't figure it out in Sims 4.

I don't care if I bring the lot with them. I just want to know if I can mess with a family for a while (i.e., get them some skills and maybe some household inventory and so forth), and then start a new game file with this juiced up family.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Sims 4 - Saving Sims to Library - How To
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 10:58:03 AM »
Hey ^^

From Manage Households - Select family, take them into CAS (click the pencil icon in lower right). Then click the folder in the upper right corner to save to the My Library tab.

In-game - Click on a mirror, dresser or closet and select Change Sim.

Your Sims will then be saved to the Tray Folder.
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Summers

• Occult
Re: Saving Sims to Library
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 12:21:21 PM »
I know how to do.

1. Go to CAS, then save your household to your library.
2. Go back to Main menu, then click '+' icon on top right and start a new CAS.
3. There will be a random sim in CAS. Just open the library in CAS, then you will see your saved family on right side of your library.
4. Download the family and it will ask 'merge' or 'replace'. Select 'Replace', then the random sim will be gone and only your family will be left in CAS.
5. And then, just click 'ok'. then you can start a NEW Fresh game with your saved family. :)

If you start a new game with your saved family, then they will lose all money, the records of all collections, all relationships except for the family tree, and home lot. The Sims 4 doesn't allow to save the family with home lot. Only Sim Family can be saved, and you need to save your home lot separately. 

For me, I moved my current family into the new game, I got the exact money my family had in the previous game by money cheat, then, I placed the saved home lot in the new game, then let them move back in the home lot with freerealestate cheat.

And the rest of their specs like job, aspirations and skills are all safe. :)

--- When the household is saved to the library and/or gallery they loose all family and individual inventory.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Re: Saving Sims to Library
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 06:10:17 PM »
Thanks for your help, both of you!

anything