Author Topic: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty  (Read 156812 times)

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || How Aurora Makes Friends.
« Reply #645 on: July 13, 2016, 05:30:50 AM »
Nice Voidcritter game between Aurora and Tevin. Glad she win. Hoping JR grows up and becomes her friend. Sad to see her having only one child friend to play with. Looking forward for next update.

Sent from my Micromax A94 using Tapatalk

Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #646 on: July 13, 2016, 05:53:01 AM »
Mitch is everywhere these days, I was so happy to see him  ;D

Is the puppet theatre going to over take watching TV/movies? The Grims seem to enjoy it more. Did you stop pollination at some point that ended with Aurora having only one child friend?

I hope JR doesn't let Aurora boss him around when he ages up.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #647 on: July 13, 2016, 01:31:26 PM »
Hahaha, this was such a funny update!
Poor Aurora with only a single child friend--but at least he shares her love of gaming!

Alistair is getting chubby?
He looked fine in the earlier image when Artie caught the red-tailed black shark, but his face suddenly looked a little rounder in the last shot.
Where are they going?!
Glad I wasn't the only one to notice his face changed.  Actually his bottom half is good.  It's just the chest up that seems to be effected by the sudden rounding. And you'll see soon where they're going!

Mitch is everywhere these days, I was so happy to see him  ;D

Is the puppet theatre going to over take watching TV/movies? The Grims seem to enjoy it more. Did you stop pollination at some point that ended with Aurora having only one child friend?

I hope JR doesn't let Aurora boss him around when he ages up.
  I'm glad you enjoyed the chance to see him.   And the puppet show requires a child so it's only temporary entertainment until JR becomes a teenager but he has aspirations to get done real quick first!   

As for pollination.  My last pollinator was Markus and I didn't think to move in some random townie to do it before Scarlet got pregnant.  I knew that Markus/Reid's line was going to join with Scarlet so I didn't really look to do that.  Everyone else is a Grim and it wouldn't work!  And my house is very full now.  So no pollinating.  Plus I got lucky last time with the twins and the game moved in new families with children (like Tevin) so I still have a few days left in Aurora's childhood.  Just have to check the parks (that seems to help spawn kids).   

And we'll see how JR reacts to Aurora soon.  Though I will say one thing.  He has a secret weapon.  Which You'll see as soon as I get my act together.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #648 on: July 13, 2016, 03:43:30 PM »
Ooooh, secret weapon!  :o

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #649 on: July 14, 2016, 10:48:07 PM »
Larger Text Version

Rachel - What are we doing here?
Alistair - Wait isn't this the place you told us about?
Artie - Because everyone else has done a restaurant update why not us. Let's eat.
Ash - What about our birthdays?
Artie - Fine.  I want Scarlet to stop fussing over the baby and watching him is boring.  Let's get some food photos and have a good time.
Aria - Unbelievable.

Artie - Ow. My back!
Air - Don't worry old man.  I can get us a table.

Alistair - Yeah I'd like a table for six please.
Hostess - Excuse me?
Alistair - A table for six.  You know.  the one you have in the back.
Hostess - You seem familiar..
Alistair - I get that a lot.  Now about that table.

Hostess - Here you go.  Enjoy your meal and your waitress will be right out to get your orders.
Alistair - Thanks.  So why do you guys offer warmers if it's always the same temperature?
Hostess - I don't know.
Artie - I know where I'm going to sit.
Rachel - Not if I get there first.

Ash - You doing okay there Scarlet?
Scarlet - Maybe?
Ash - First time out with all of us, isn't it?
Scarlet - Yeah.  I mean we all live together but we don't you know do a lot of stuff together. 
Alistair - We don't bite.. usually.
Ash - I get it.
Artie - I can't even say some of these words..

Aria - I know you're probably worried about the little one.  But there's no need to be concerned.  The daycare system is very reliable and we'll be back before he starves.
Scarlet - That's not helping.
Aria - It should.  Just start coloring your placemat and you'll feel some stress melt away.
Scarlet- Ehh..
Aria - Trust me.  I'm a doctor.

Waitress - I just wanted to come out and see how everyone is doing.
Rachel - We're good.. just coloring.
Waitress - Well your food will be here soon.
Ash - Uh huh.. thanks.

Ash - *takes a deep breath* wow this all smells nice.
Aria - I didn't finish coloring yet.. but sure.
Artie - Now guys.. don't forget to take pictures before you eat it all or you'll have to eat it twice.

Artie - So what do you guys think of this food, huh?
Scarlet - I think the flavors are amazing.  When we go home I'm going to try and make it myself.
Artie - That's what I was hoping for!

Alistair - Rachel.. you look like you're going to eat foam.
Rachel - I think it is.  It's so exciting and unique. Don't you think?
Alistair - No. Bacon is better.  Bacon is always better.. even with petals.
Ash - *laughing*

Artie - Wanna try some gray stuff?  It's delicious.
Scarlet - Uhh..
Artie - Don't believe me. Ask the dishes! *starts cackling, been waiting to use that line for weeks*
Alistair - You are so weird.
Aria - Yes.. we're fine.  Don't mind him.

Artie - Did you get a picture this time Rachel?
Rachel - Yes.. do I really have to eat this again.
Aria - Oy.  We'll be here  awhile.  Time to color another placemat.

Scarlet - Don't you think it's time to go home and see how the kids are doing?
Artie - No.. we haven't even gotten entrees yet.
Scarlet - But.. I want to go home.
Aria - Are you okay Scarlet?
Scarlet - I miss my baby?  and He's probably hungry by now.
Aria - He's fine!  Stop your fussing. You barely had your boob back in your shirt before we left the house. 
Ash - Oh that's such a pretty flower.  Don't you think it's a pretty flower, Rach?
Rachel - I'm just coloring. 

Alistair - Oh! Look it's smoking!
Artie - I think I ordered a rotten egg.

A picture to show that the family nose is very much in place..
Artie - Okay.. we ready to go?
Ash - Think we can sneak away without paying?
Aria - How are you my son? 
Rachel - Actually they make you pay regardless.
Air - How do you know that?

Of course after the restaurants was boring getting to work time.. until this.   And I thought about ending the chapter here..

.. but he turned out so adorable I really couldn't bring myself to do that to you guys...again/this time.  Meet Jaxon Reid Goth as a child!

Daily - Formal - Athletic

Sleep - Party - Swim

Minor project I've been wanting to do and what better time to show it off then now.  As you can see.. he has a lot of Heath in him, don't you think?

Next Update

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Visiting Shimuzu (14 Jul)
« Reply #650 on: July 14, 2016, 11:01:47 PM »
Haha, I loved the shot of the Grim nose in profile! It's really nice to see the household in their formal wear!
Is Ash the shy, embarrassed Grim?

Somehow, I'd completely forgotten that Scarlet's family name would be Goth because of Yuki Behr.
JR is completely adorable--those big eyes, those pretty lips, and Scarlet's facial shape but with Heath's cheeks!
What is the age difference between Aurora and JR?  8-9 days?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #651 on: July 15, 2016, 05:31:47 PM »
Jaxon is totally adorable.  By the way, my great-grandson of adorable smartness is named Jaxon.  The parts about playing the Void critters just made me happy all over.  Reminds me of me with my Magic the Gathering cards and game play.  Played with my son, (Colonel in the Army retired now), and then my grand kids and great-grandkids.  Wish the Void critters were for more than just little kids.  Be nice if teens could play.  That's quite a collection Miss Adorable has!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #652 on: July 16, 2016, 04:47:11 PM »
Is it aging to admit that I remember that JR storyline? Even if I was only about 4 or 5 at the time? I remember we used to sit in the lounge as a family and watch shows like Dallas and Dynasty. Not that it was really to my tastes at that time lol but it was nice to sit with my parents and share some family time.

I'm trying to figure out why the name Jaxon Reid sounds so familiar to me. I'm sure it's some pop culture reference that I'm incorrectly thinking of (although, if it's a South African pop culture reference, pointing it out to y'all isn't really going to help me get an answer lol).

@oshizu are you with me on the Great Sim Ship Auraxon? It would kinda suck if he was turned into another pollinator, although, it might be a good thing for the story to have some new kids around.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #653 on: July 16, 2016, 05:09:57 PM »
Haha, I loved the shot of the Grim nose in profile! It's really nice to see the household in their formal wear!
Is Ash the shy, embarrassed Grim?

Somehow, I'd completely forgotten that Scarlet's family name would be Goth because of Yuki Behr.
JR is completely adorable--those big eyes, those pretty lips, and Scarlet's facial shape but with Heath's cheeks!
What is the age difference between Aurora and JR?  8-9 days?
Ash just always seems to look embarassed doesn't he?  Or maybe that smile means more than we think it does?!
As for the age difference, I think Aurora ages up something like 2 days after JR came out of the bassinet.  I would have to check the game really quick but Origin is being a .. pain.

Jaxon is totally adorable.  By the way, my great-grandson of adorable smartness is named Jaxon.  The parts about playing the Void critters just made me happy all over.  Reminds me of me with my Magic the Gathering cards and game play.  Played with my son, (Colonel in the Army retired now), and then my grand kids and great-grandkids.  Wish the Void critters were for more than just little kids.  Be nice if teens could play.  That's quite a collection Miss Adorable has!
  There's a mod for that that I saw today but I can't use it because gameplay mod.  Doubt the team would let us.  However, maybe enough people will complain that they will update it.   And yes.. Aurora now has every one of the normal and foil versions.  I put pictures on the Kids Room Stuff Pack thread. 

Is it aging to admit that I remember that JR storyline? Even if I was only about 4 or 5 at the time? I remember we used to sit in the lounge as a family and watch shows like Dallas and Dynasty. Not that it was really to my tastes at that time lol but it was nice to sit with my parents and share some family time.

I'm trying to figure out why the name Jaxon Reid sounds so familiar to me. I'm sure it's some pop culture reference that I'm incorrectly thinking of (although, if it's a South African pop culture reference, pointing it out to y'all isn't really going to help me get an answer lol).

@oshizu are you with me on the Great Sim Ship Auraxon? It would kinda suck if he was turned into another pollinator, although, it might be a good thing for the story to have some new kids around.
Yeah in the states that episode was like the summer of 80 and I wasn't born until right before people found out the real answer.  I know the episode because as I said it was a major thing in the tv world and I think it was a trivia question at least twice sometime in my life.

Jaxon was actually the name of Reid's father from the beginning of the dynasty.  If it has a reference beyond that I'm not sure!  So maybe it's only over there and Artie gets pop culture references from all over the world and never shares with me!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #654 on: July 17, 2016, 02:56:36 AM »
Enjoying you story, Ricalynn.

Regarding the who shot JR from Dallas storyline.

The Simpsons also did an episode (well 2) called Who Shot Mr Burns which was inspired by/a parody of the 'Who Shot JR' storyline from Dallas.

The original broadcast of it included real life action in it as well as the animation, and was used as a finale to one season/opening to the next season. Replays of the broadcast eliminated the real life action and brought it all into the one episode.

It was a spoof of the detective/mystery genre as well, with Lisa playing the role of the Detective who eventually showed the red herrings and worked out who the shooter was.

There were 4 or 5 suspects and the ending to the episode was done with each of the suspects being the one to shoot Mr Burns. They did that to prevent any chance that the cast would be able to tell people who the culprit was before it hit the airwaves.

As to who it was, well I'm not telling, you'll have to watch the episode to find out, lol.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #655 on: July 17, 2016, 07:14:18 AM »
Yeah, here is SA, those episodes showed only in the mid to late 80's. Hmm... Maybe I'm just thinking about his dad then? I did try to google it but nothing concrete came up, which made me think that if it isn't related to your story, then it must just be a name that sounds similar or something...

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #656 on: July 17, 2016, 07:35:02 AM »
JR is adorable, I see Scarlet's eye shape but the rest is all heath. Unless that changes when he's a teen/adult. I would have thought Scarlet and the twins would have had more interactions with each other in the house.

I think they had to have some sort of security when the tapes of the episode revealing JR's shooter arrived in the UK, I guess there is no need now when things are leaked all over the internet.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #657 on: July 17, 2016, 07:43:30 AM »
@Nettlejuice although, some producers and directors have been sneaky lately with filming multiple endings :-) the only thing that makes me want to do is watch ALL of them lol

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #658 on: July 17, 2016, 02:49:17 PM »
JR is adorable, I see Scarlet's eye shape but the rest is all heath. Unless that changes when he's a teen/adult. I would have thought Scarlet and the twins would have had more interactions with each other in the house.

I think they had to have some sort of security when the tapes of the episode revealing JR's shooter arrived in the UK, I guess there is no need now when things are leaked all over the internet.
Scarlet and the twins had plenty of interaction but she did everything with each Grim like on an individual basis.  This was literally her first outing with ALL of the family, leaving a newborn in the hands of a daycare service/ Aurora to boot.   But like she said they don't do a lot of stuff together.  Scarlet always wants to chat with Ash (I think she has a crush) but never anyone else other than Heath and his siblings.  Even all that time spent fishing, this was the first time she was truly alone with the Grims and she looked nervous the whole time. LOL

Curveball

« Reply #659 on: July 29, 2016, 11:17:16 AM »
I'm halfway through this thing right now and I just got to your "joke" with Artie's death  :o. Well played, madam, well played. I shall return when I'm finished with the story but I just wanted to tip my hat to you now while it's clear in my mind  ;D

While I'm here, is it possible to score a link to the genetic colorful skintones thing, I'm really out of touch with where the CC distribution points are in the fandom at the moment >_>

anything