Author Topic: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge [Completed]  (Read 81051 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Sanada Apocalypse: Dearth in a Verdant Dystopia (new Apr 29)
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 09:42:08 PM »
Jade is really rocking the whole Apocalypse spouse thing. Someone said that watching the kids network after trying for baby increases twins, but since you can't have a tv (can you?), that's probably not terribly helpful.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 09:46:51 PM »
@LivvieLove   Thank you for reading and your enthusiastic encouragement!  ;D
                       I've never played this townie before but her traits work perfectly with the role she needs to play!

@Shewolf13   *cries on your shoulder   Lol, thanks for commiserating about the dresser. So far, I can live with the first son's hair and clothing, hah!
                      You mentioned that Jade makes cute kids and I hope she works that magic with Satoru! I've yet to see an unattractive child but looks-challenged teens/adults are known to happen
                      (trying to express the thought without sounding as superficial as I am...)

@KRae           Awww, thanks! I'm so impatient to reach the point of having teenage kids again, so I need to be careful.
                      By the way, what is your secret? How do your sims always produce such gorgeous offspring?

@reggikko     Yes, Jade is definitely a good fit as chef founder's spouse in terms of her traits and career. She's no help at all with mentoring, though. Maybe later.
                     I've been doing the Kids Network superstitiously lately in other games but, you're right, I can't have a TV here without clearing eSport Gamer first.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 09:58:26 PM »
Can I just say how much I love Jade and Satoru together? They're so adorable! Welcome to the newest addition of course! Man this challenge seems pretty rough. I'm sending you good juju and vibes Oshizu!

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 08:08:00 AM »
Wow, how odd that Satoru was so sick constantly.  My sims still haven't gotten sick.  I'm kind of disappointed.  I bought the expansion, but until Cameron grows up and starts his career, I haven't really gotten to experience a single bit of it yet.  I would have thought they'd at least get ill now and then, but no.  On the other hand, I doubt I am missing more than a negative moodlet and a rash, so... eh.

I had the same issue with Matt and his work uniform the other day.  He finished the aspiration on the computer in his workout clothes.  When it was time to work he changed into every day instead of a work uniform.  When he returned (promoted) he was still in his every day outfit.  I don't know if you noticed or not.  It was when he was saying he needed a vacation, just before they went to Granite Falls.

Congrats on Tatsuya.  He's cute, even though you didn't change him!  He could have aged up much worse, that's for sure, and he has Cameron's hair!

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 02:15:14 PM »
lol...I have no idea why I'm getting so many multiples right now. It really gave my Careers Legacy a jump...and not in a good way! I had no need for 8 family members!

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2016, 02:48:08 PM »
Wow, I've just caught up with this; what a gorgeous boy Tats is :)   It's really upsetting to see Satoru so sick and not being able to help  :'(   Must be my nurse side coming out  :)

Did you try the idea of the "multiple" tries for baby?  i.e. waiting until she shows the little toy icon, and then doing it again?  (I feel certain that you did!!)

Sounds like you got the nooboo crying glitch that I did; my latest never made a sound and then I got the message it would be taken away.   My poor mum had to spend the whole three days watching the crib :) 

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 03:15:18 PM »
@LivvieLove  Thanks so much for the positive energy! I'm trying to shift my writing style so the readers don't get such a strong sense of what a pain this challenge is for me, lol!

@wfgodot     You don't want the Behrens to be sick! Satoru was constantly sick for 2.5 days and had trouble getting anything done--I kept having to send him to bed or to meditate.
                     If I could disable that feature, I would!  We'll see how cute Tats is when he ages to a teen, hehe.
                     I was looking at the third son of my failed dynasty this morning--he has deepset, double-lidded eyes like your Behren boys. XD  And yes, we're lucky Tats doesn't have to wear one of those hats!

@JudesSims  It must be exhausting to micromanage such large households in each of your games!  Still, having two or three Gen2 kids at once would certainly make a starting Apocalypse Challenge
                     a little easlier for Gen1.

@tjtemple     Thank you for reading. There's no way to cure any illness right now so, yes, it's completely upsetting. Because of your work, I'm sure it would upset you even more!
                     Since they can't use pregnancy tests, they usually repeat woohoo until she throws up (poor wife, that really sounds awful of me, doesn't it?). My sim gives birth in a few more sim hours, so we'll see.
                     Everyone was actually sleeping on Speed 3 so I almost missed the message. I didn't have the no-crying glitch; couldn't you just feed whenever you change the diaper? The intervals are the same.
                     My new thing is not feeding a baby the first time until its diaper needs changing. After that, both tasks can be done at the same time. 
                     So a no-crying glitch would be okay with me as long as I could still see the diaper stink.  (I abuse not only mothers but also babies...)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Apocalypse: Dearth in a Verdant Dystopia (new Apr 30)
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 10:45:21 PM »
Week 02/Day 09: Lookin’ Good in the Neighborhood (Apr 30)

Day 09 (Mon)

Satoru: Monday morning begins with the whole household giving our best!
First, mama Jade discusses “Cognitive Focusing Methods” with Tatsuya so that our boy leaves for school with a four-hour Focused +1 moodlet.
Next, I offer “Mental Relaxation Tips” to Jade, sending her off to work at 9 with an eight-hour Happy +2 moodlet.

As for me, I work from 3 p.m. to midnight today, so I have six hours to fish, prepare for work, and possibly make some friends to introduce to the family.
I’m taking it easy this afternoon, though, so I won’t be too tired to try for baby when I get back from work tonight.
I’m thrilled to fish up a treasure chest, only to find an apple inside—what a buzzkill!
Since I’m standing right next to an apple tree, couldn’t this fishing spot offer something a bit rarer? Sheesh!
Oh, I did fish up a cowplant berry the other day, which wasn’t in a treasure chest! Now that’s a real find!

By the way, Watchette has been talking with @Shewolf13 about our lack of neighbors recently.
Wolfie remarked that townies may move into empty houses in the neighborhood of the active household.
So Watchette is hoping for the best and drops three houses into our hood.
The choice of houses actually adds nothing at all to the challenge itself, except perhaps more incentive to unlock Oracle (so we could move sims into these homes),
then unlock Diamond Agent (so that we could actually visit them).

This large and lovely home—“Bahama Breeze” by Kulthero777—is located on the 50x40 lot next door, though it was designed for a 40x30 lot.
The house faces a small path between our two lots, not the wider street where cars and trams travel.

Named “Steampunk Inspired Villa” by iitatti, this stunning house sits on the 40x30 Avarice Acres lot, which is diagonal to our lot.

Watchette loves Brasil, so this charming house is a personal favorite which, however, she’s never actually used in a game.
Its creator Audryce named it “Bahia Beachhouse.”

After I complete my daily tasks, our total cash reserve is $802.
When I check our mail, there's a bill for $722. No way!!!! I rush home to pay it!
Mwahaha, the mob receives only $80 from us this week and our funds have been reduced to zero again.
Yay! The paychecks that Jade and I bring home later today will be ours to spend!

W: I’m not great at math, but I wonder if there’s a way we could guesstimate our bill, based on our lot’s worth listed in the Build mode’s Info panel, minus its $3,000 lot value.

Satoru: By the way, I made a game-changing discovery a few minutes ago!!!
Like many others, I store my crystals, fossils, and other such collections in a Buyers Beware Chest.
Just now, I discovered that I can also store all my fish, both fresh and foul, in that unassuming little chest!
This is probably old news to all of you.
But if you recall, I’d been consuming precious floor space by leaving caught fish on the floor of a doorless room.
Buyer Beware Chest, I love you! (Was I the only one who didn’t know about the fish?)

Tatsuya: I come home from school just as Dad leaves for work!
No one’s home, so I ponder moves for a Focused mood then start on my homework.
Mom gets home before I’m done and helps me finish it up.
I’m a Whiz Kid, so I need to keep leveling my Mental skill, but I’m going to do something else until Dad can mentor me.

Jade: I got promoted today to Level 5 Regional Manager.
Thanks to my Ambitious trait, this promotion earns me a seven-hour Happy +3 moodlet. Pretty powerful stuff!
I hear a Very Happy mood is the best time to level Charisma, but I’m always afraid to procrastinate filling out my business reports.

Tatsuya: Sheesh, how’s a grade-school kid ‘sposed to get any sleep around here?
Here I am, minding my own business, trying to get my sleep on when my parents tiptoe into my room in the middle of the night.
They’re giggling and whispering about some owl named Hoohoo.
Tricer (cuz he's my triceratops homie), they are completely unbelievable!
Next, they go back to their room and start screaming about something.
When they start whispering in the hallway, they don’t even notice me coming out of my room!

Just look at them over there, Tricer! Dad’s grinning like an idiot and Mom’s pumping her fist. What’s going on?

Why are they whispering? What’s their big secret anyway? Tricer is as mystified as I am!

W: Ssshhh, here’s a weird moment that—after much effort and patience—I was finally able to capture.
I’m assuming that the hairiness of the calf means that the leg belongs to Satoru?
And why is Jade making that face?
Did he accidentally kick her? Does he need to replace his Odor-Eaters?

Jade: Well?
Satoru: Well, what?
Jade: What do you think?
Satoru: What do I think about what?
Jade: About whether we’ll become parents again soon?
Satoru: I think Tatsuya will make a fantastic big brother!
Jade: Well, I guess you wouldn’t really know, either. I’ll just wait to see if I get the notice tomorrow!

Day 10 (Tue)

Satoru: Mystery solved!
At 5 a.m., Jade leaps out of bed and runs into the bathroom, which can only mean one thing!
I wonder what the story is behind that dolphin tattoo on her ankle…

W: Jade has some awesome traits! You already heard about the happy moodlet she gets with every promotion, right?
Well, she’s also a neat sim. For example, after she throws up in the toilet because of morning sickness, she gets a Happy +2 “Blissfully Clean“ moodlet for cleaning the toilet that she just dirtied.

Satoru: Not to question your judgment, Watchette, but don’t you think this chapter is getting slightly bizarre with all this talk of hairy calves and toilet cleaning?
Okay, okay, I’ll move on. Just thought people might be interested in something a little different from the usual woohoo shots.
Satoru: I understand, I really do. I’m just a little worried that the readers might not appreciate your excusing your own weirdness by blaming the readers’ entertainment preferences.
 *sputters  Who’s saying who’s weird, huh? Huh?

Jade: Everyone’s up early so Tatsuya and I play some chess while Satoru mentors Tatsuya.
Tatsuya: Dad, why aren’t you in your pajamas like me and Mom?
Satoru: Well, I was about to start meditating when Watchette suddenly decided I should mentor you instead.
Tatsuya: Oh, sorry, Dad!
Satoru: Don’t be, son. I have three days off in a row so I’ve loads of time to meditate.
It’s more important that you max your childhood skills, but I can only mentor certain skills.
Now focus on your game! Haven’t you noticed that Mom cheats?

Day 11 (Wed)

Much earlier this morning, Watchette noticed that Jade popped the Eating for Two moodlet around 2:33 a.m.!
I guess this means our second child will be born Saturday around that same time, then age up on Monday at that time, too.

Stepping outdoors, I savor the sight of our neighborhood with its newly constructed homes, even if they’re vacant.
Looks like our cubic domicile with its sandy lawn has turned into the neighborhood eyesore!
W: The Steampunk Inspired Villa doesn’t really match the tropical feel of the other two homes, but neither does our grungy cube…

Day 12 (Thu)

Satoru: Soon after Tatsuya leaves, Jade leaves for work, too.
She got promoted to Level 6 Senior Manager yesterday.  Check her out in her new olive suit!

Day 13 (Fri)

Jade: Several newsworthy events have occurred since Wednesday morning.
I should have gotten promoted to Level 7 Senior Manager, but “someone” (gives Watchette a dirty look) carelessly set my work tone yesterday to “Take It Easy” instead of “Work Hard.”
W: *suddenly finds her fingernails intensely fascinating
Jade: Satoru works today for the first time since Monday—we’re hoping he brings home a promotion.
As for Tatsuya, he earned an A grade on Wednesday and finished Whiz Kid today after school.

Day 14 (Sat)

Jade: Around 2:30 am (well, 2:33 am, to be exact), I abruptly awake from my sleep because I’ve gone into labor.
It’s that time again…

Meet Erika, our second child.
A big thank you to @Nettlejuice for explaining how to make the big plushies smile and a nod to Tatsuya for becoming good friends with Tricer during a recent sleepless night.  ;)

And here’s a lovely shot of you and Erika, Jade, just because you’ve been such a trooper!
Jade: Thanks, Watchette! Those labor shots are never pretty! On to the next one, eh?
Yep! But now you have Saturday and Sunday to….
Jade: To do whatever I want? *eyes light up with joy
Actually, I was going to say “level up whichever skill you want.” You need to max Charisma, girlfriend.
At least, you and Satoru both get home at 5 p.m. on Monday. These late nights are exhausting for everyone.  Right, Tricer?

Tatsuya: Here I am, shiverin’ me timbers with my homies, I mean, my mateys. Ahoy there!
Cut the ropes and hoist the sails! There be a storm abrewin’! Yaaarr!
Alex Goth and Maximilliano Person (in unison): Aye aye, cap’n!  Arrggh.
W: Have I told everyone recently how much I love this new lot? *sighs happily

Day 16 {Mon}

Satoru: It feels like late Sunday night, but it’s technically early Monday morning.
There’s a reason why we’ve stayed up extra late tonight.
Erika ages up into a Social Butterfly who loves the outdoors.
She and Tatsuya look a lot alike! She’s got my heart-shaped face and high cheekbones, too!
I wonder who they’ll resemble as teens?

Watchette’s Notes

Studying Hard

Even after Tatsuya earned an A grade on Thursday, he continued to “Study Hard” but his total Vacation Days peaked at 4 days.
Today (Monday), his age bar shows 5 days till he ages up, so he’ll only be attending grade school on Friday.

Too Repetitive?

If it seems to you that the narrative so far has described an endless parade of baby-making and young’uns ageing, that’s because it has.
I’m going to repeat my previous family configuration by having the founding parents raise three children: two to clear adult careers and one to clear a teen career.
Once the third child is born (on Friday night), there will be no more baby-making for several sim-weeks.

Burning Question

Do you think it would be too tacky of me to bring Yuki into the family again, in her early teenage period this time without without the inappropriate age gap?
The family needs a geek to clear eSport Gamer (to use phones, TV, computers, tablets, gaming rigs, you know, all that good stuff!), but I'm not a Travis fan...

Thank you for reading my second attempt. I can already tell that the children will turn out looking quite different! *crosses fingers

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Sanada Apocalypse: Lookin' Good in the Neighborhood (new Apr 30)
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 01:48:56 AM »
I loved Yuki personally, so I don't feel it would be tacky! I'm also biased. ::)

I love those houses you put up, but boy do they make your house seem very... out of place? Hehe. I love that you're really into the spirit of it though, even if your "desert" does end at the edges of your lot...

Also, I think I'm Team Jade now 100%. She took that kick to the face like a pro.
AND she enjoyed cleaning the toilet after making it dirty? How did Satoru live without her this long? XD She is the epitome of "put a ring on it."

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 02:52:38 AM »
Yay, one vote for Yuki (I'm biased, too, obviously).

I know, right! I figured that if my sims couldn't live in a nice place, they (well, truthfully, it's me, of course) could at least enjoy the sight of nice homes. And yes, I'm feeling a little guilty about playing an Apocalypse Challenge in such a nice neighborhood, lol. The playground equipment, all the grills, the cherry trees, the river, all the trees!
It'll be so sad if I start on this super ugly lot with this super grungy house until to learn that, when my sims are rich again, I lack the skills to build them a nice home. *sobs

Yeah, Jade is a total trooper. But I can't think of Beyonce's Single Ladies song without being reminded of that SNL parody featuring Justin Timberlake in a leotard and high heels.
Did you see it? (oops, waay off topic now). I have a new shot of Jade and her toilet cleaning which I hope you'll find even funnier.

Thank you for all your comments! I LOVE your comments! hehe

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 02:56:57 AM »
I get such a kick from reading your story. Good job!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 11:10:31 AM »
It's so funny seeing your house sitting in the middle of all that verdant beauty. It feels like they're the only ones who think there's been an apocalypse.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 11:49:28 AM »
Yay, one vote for Yuki (I'm biased, too, obviously).

I know, right! I figured that if my sims couldn't live in a nice place, they (well, truthfully, it's me, of course) could at least enjoy the sight of nice homes. And yes, I'm feeling a little guilty about playing an Apocalypse Challenge in such a nice neighborhood, lol. The playground equipment, all the grills, the cherry trees, the river, all the trees!
It'll be so sad if I start on this super ugly lot with this super grungy house until to learn that, when my sims are rich again, I lack the skills to build them a nice home. *sobs

Yeah, Jade is a total trooper. But I can't think of Beyonce's Single Ladies song without being reminded of that SNL parody featuring Justin Timberlake in a leotard and high heels.
Did you see it? (oops, waay off topic now). I have a new shot of Jade and her toilet cleaning which I hope you'll find even funnier.

Thank you for all your comments! I LOVE your comments! hehe

It's ok, you can just pretend that everyone else in the world has been put under a mind control experiment, so they all think everything is just peachy in the outside world... whereas your family is trying to combat that! Occasionally you'll bring someone in from the outside and remove the chip that's controlling their brain and making them into mindless sim-zombies! :-O
My mother once told me I have way too big of an imagination.

For what it's worth, I think you're a fantastic builder. I build boxes. Boxes with boxes on top of them. Majnun and Anne's house is one of my better works... I've slowly gotten better at it. I love your little shack in the "desert" in the middle of all that lush.

Have I seen Justin Timberlake in heals and a leotard? Heck yes I have. Reminds me, did you ever see Channing Tatum do a cover of it? Hilarious.

Meanwhile... (clears throat)
GO JADE!
>.> Trust no one! They're all in on the conspiracy!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 12:04:56 PM »
It'll be so sad if I start on this super ugly lot with this super grungy house until to learn that, when my sims are rich again, I lack the skills to build them a nice home.

What? I was tempted to ask you to put your Wonder Child house up for download! Houses don't need to be elaborate to be beautiful. ;)

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 01:49:07 PM »
Those houses are amazing! What a brilliant idea, I do hope they get filled for you.  The fill empty houses does seem to be working for me since the last update.  I've even had some live people move in, rather than just ghosts.!  Another vote for Yuki from me.

And well done getting that shot of poor Jade getting a foot in the face! I guess you must have watched a lot of these nooboo making sessions!