Author Topic: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge [Completed]  (Read 81020 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Sanada Apocalypse: Console Cowgirl in Da House (new May 20)
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2016, 02:54:47 PM »
OMG!  I totally lost it with the chat from the porch crew.  Names no less, and then topper when Tremaine said, "Word"!  Total crack up!  I'll be giggling and smiling all day with their antics.

Hey, don't stop explaining the whys and wherefores of what you are doing.  I'm learning so much I never really knew.  Like stacking all the good moodlets from socials.  I just never paid attention to all that.  Be pming you on advice and tutorial over that one.

You have a real comedic gift.  I have zero sense of humor and yet you almost always get me to laugh.  Heartfelt thanks, or should it be "Heartfelt Compliment"?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
Re: Sanada Apocalypse: Console Cowgirl in Da House (new May 19)
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2016, 05:38:53 PM »
Omg, I totally did miss a chapter! So sorry, the interlude with Kage was inspired. I'm so torn between wanting him for Daia, but not wanting Satoru to die, ever! 

Love the efficiency of Nancy doing the criminal career; you're doing so well! And the scenes with the gnome and the mailbox (sorry, I will learn their names!) are brilliant! Off to bed now, I might now sleep with worrying about Satoru though 😥

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2016, 10:37:41 PM »
I think Nancy deserves some more praise about how fabulous she looks in that outfit! (Whistles).

(chokes loudly on food and then sputters).
SASUKE.
OH MAN.
(coughs loudly), tell me more about your achievements...  8)  ;)

::) I think my cough has returned full force. I might need to see a doctor (coughs) comedian. That's exactly what I need. A comedian. With lots of... achievements.

I love this story so much Oshizu. I don't know what you're talking about "no depth." I love following your light-hearted family. I can tell they mean a lot to you and your enjoyment really shows in your writing. For what it's worth, I think your story far surpasses mine. =) <3
I was so sad for Satoru when he lost Jade, and the porch committee absolutely cracks me up... and now Sasuke has gained a lot of... "achievements" and I'm still secretly rooting for Daia and Kage... <3

Needless to say, I'm hooked on your story Oshizu!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2016, 07:35:30 PM »
@Nettlejuice  Yes, Nancy has really worked out well. And she so enjoys making mischief and even laughs while hacking. She's been really fun to play so far.
     Erika and her bathrobe have been driving me crazy. Baths, showers, and mirrors are so amazing! lol

@Joria  I'm surprised but delighted by the popularity of the porch crew. I'm glad that you are finding laughs here.

@tjtemple  Kage--I got really into the klepto challenge after changing to the new sim. Lol, there's no need to learn the porch crew's names--they're just for fun. I'm sure my family's names are hard enough,
       being Japanese names. I do try to write in a way that doesn't require you to memorize names, adding Gen2, twin, whatever. And Nancy's great--I was "this close" to moving in Travis Scott...

@KRae  I wrote my bit about Mel then read your comment.  How did your door Matt know?

@LivvieLove  You are so funny! Thank you for support--I guess writing this apocalypse challenge has been especially hard, figuring out how to not overly-obsess about the restrictions.
      And don't be ridiculous about whose story surpasses whose--you are writing amazing fiction. I'm just trying to entertain while I strategize this challenge, BUT it's true--I absolutely
 adore my sims.
      Except Erika and her bathrobe, lol.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sanada Apocalypse: Even the Swiftest Cheetah (May 20)
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2016, 08:08:12 PM »
Week 11/Day 71: Even the Swiftest Cheetah (May 20)

Day 71 (Sun)

Daia: Watchett’s been having us taking little naps whenever we’re sleepy lately so, as a result, we’re all on different schedules.
We do try to sit down together for meals whenever possible.
This morning, I rise early to make breakfast. Everyone makes faces and whinges about the taste, but how else can I improve?
Tatsuya: How long will this Bad Aftertaste moodlet last, anyway? Dad, you’ve spoiled us all with your Master Chef chops.

Nancy: I just got off a 1:00 to 9:00 am shift. I’m ready to head for bed, but need a little “nightcap” first.

Gned the Gnome: Have a great day at work, Satoru!  *waves
Tremain the Trashcan: It’s a crying shame! Every morning he leaves for work, we all wonder if it will be his last!
Pita the Penguin: Although I’m not, strictly speaking, one of the porch crew, may I add that no sim has ever lived past 20 days after the second notice.
Oh, the Penguin has a name now, too? But you’re right about that, Pita.
Mel the Mailbox: And may I say that, even though his age bar’s been bubbling for 19 days now, he’s still as hawt as ever!  *fans self
Uh, Mel? I never realized that mailboxes could be, how shall I put it, bi-curious…?
Mel the Mailbox: Hey, no flaming the name! It’s a unisex name, okay? It’s short for Melanie! *blows an air kiss to door Matt chez @KRae

Kenta: Watchette, I just got promoted to Level 9 Illustrious Illustrator (Master of the Real). What shall I do now?
You might as well stay until you reach Level 10. You can’t unlock the restriction but Patron of the Arts will definitely be cleared first, so your career rewards will be helpful.
Kenta: Sure, I don’t mind. I just paint for the daily task.
I must say, Kenta, you’re the best-looking Level 9 Master of the Real painter I’ve ever seen. How did manage to avoid the knee-length swim trunks?
Kenta: You don’t wanna know…

Erika: Dad comes home from work really stressed out so I stop watching the Romance channel on TV to watch a movie with him.
Satoru: Grrr, I’m so stressed out. Hey, is that a new bathrobe?
Erika: You like it? Watchette changed the color this morning to match The Penguin. Do you think she’s being sarcastic or nice?

Daia: Since maxing out Charisma, Uncle Sasuke’s been pretty lucky with the Negotiate Bonus interaction over the phone.
I’ve already completed my skill requirements for Diamond Agent (Level 10 Logic, Level 8 Charisma), so I’m trying to max Charisma, too.
I can’t wait to be able to visit other lots and move out dead weight from this household.
Erika: Did you just glance my way when you said that?
Daia: Uh, no, why would you think that? *turns face away and snickers
Anyway, here I am spamming my uncles with the “sunglasses socials.”

Erika: I’m forced to give up my parking spot in front of The Penguin when that little townie kid drops by to visit Dad.
After working all night, Nancy sleeps until the afternoon then wanders downstairs and the three of them watch a movie together. They make an odd sight.

Satoru: Mauricio, would you stop with the commentary? This is one of the most heart-wrenching scenes in this movie.
Sssshhh, you’re spoiling the magic!

Daia: Who is that townie kid, anyway, Nancy? I hear he followed you home from that grilling area next door.
Nancy: Who knows? Just some kid. He’s got the Music Lover trait so he really likes your grandfather.
Daia: Just look at them together! Do you think family-oriented Grandpa misses having children around the house, Dad?
Tatsuya: He was like that with you when you were small, too, Daia. You don’t remember?
Daia: Do you think, now that I’m a young adult, he’s hinting for me to give him a great-grandchild?
Nancy: I couldn’t tell you. Why don’t you ask him yourself?

Day 72 (Mon)

Nancy: Daia’s beloved Kage can’t be moved into our world until I clear Oracle, so we’ve been wracking our brains about how to boost my job performance.
I’m currently a Level 7 Elite Hacker and have completed the Level 10 skill requirements.
While waiting for my husband Geoffrey to get off work, I hack my work performance. Every little bit helps.
After 7pm, I invite Geoffrey over and we renew our marital vows. He is such a devoted husband.

After I clear Oracle and Daia clears Diamond Agent, I can move back to my family!

Sasuke: How was your first day of work, Daia?
Daia: Well, I decided to select “Take Risks” instead of “Work Hard,” though Watchette doesn’t know the difference.
Whatever, I’m just 1.5 ticks away from a promotion now.
Sasuke: Looks like that townie kid is over again tonight.
Daia: Yeah, Grandpa, Dad, and the kid are watching TV together.  The kid—his name’s Mauricio, right?—acts like he knows Dad really well!
Sasuke: Hmmm, Mauricio--I wonder where he lives.

Day 73 (Tue)

Satoru: It’s around 2:30 am and everyone’s sleeping. It’s just me and the boy.
I prepare some Baked Alaska, which little Mauricio and I enjoy together in the middle of the night.

When I suddenly feel really tired, I tell Mauricio to go downstairs to play on our science table.
As I succumb to the encroaching darkness, I remember all the happy moments shared with my beloved family
I’m also somehow happy that no one is here to watch me die. Grim, what’s keeping you?

Tremain the Trashcan: Hey there, buddy! Who are you and where do you think you’re going?
Grim: Seriously? You think can address me in a tone like that, wastebasket?
Gned the SBGnome: Cool it, Tremain. He’s the Grim Reaper. There’s nothing we can do about this. Hey Grim, check out these photos of my vacation in Belize!
Grim: Nice try, gnome.
Your man Satoru lived 21 days after his final notice, you know. That’s one day longer than his adult phase.
He’s accomplished an incredible amount of things as a founder, but now he needs to move on so that the family can keep progressing.
Everyone understands that, right? This ain’t no Immortal Dynasty…

Mel the Mailbox: We only ask that you treat him well, Grim. All he’s ever done (well, almost “all”) is think about and take care of his family.
Not to mention that he still looks kinda nice shirtless. *blushes
Grim: Thanks, Mel. I’ll keep all that in mind. *smirks   I’m passing through now. I’ve got work to do, folks.

Gned the Gnome: Not so fast there, Grim. What’s the secret password?
Grim: “You’d look good in my fireplace.” Am I right?
Gned: Oh, hey, don’t let us keep you, Grim. Just walk on through.

Grim: Sorry, Satoru. I put this off as long as I could. Even the swiftest cheetah cannot outrun death forever.
Wow, he's like the Grim Yoda...
And why am I not surprised you’d remember that my favorite dessert is Baked Alaska?
Can you believe some folks leave me Spooky Cookies?
First of all, that’s stereotyping! Secondly, I ain’t no Santa Claus.  Cookies, sheesh!

Grim: The deed is done, son. Thank you for staying with him until the end.
Mauricio: Yeah, he phoned to invite me over then, when no one else was listening, he asked me to stay.
He told me he didn’t want to be alone tonight and that it was a secret from the others.
But then, but then, he sent me down here and died alone, anyway! *sniff, sniff
Grim: No, son. Thanks to you, he wasn’t alone. There there, don’t cry! *doesn’t really know what to say though he's encountered this situation countless times

Daia: I come downstairs this morning and find a weird hooded stranger in a dark robe standing there.
He’s wearing a black-rabbit pouch and a magical-looking book, both hanging from his waist cord.
Daia: *compliments outfit
Stranger: *whoosh (bangs scythe on floor and leaves)
Daia: Well, he really rushed off in a hurry. Another cat burglar? I wonder what he looks like underneath those robes.  Hmmm….
Pita the Penguin: Oh, honey, don't even go there!

Daia: Oops, I have just enough time to take a mood-boosting bath before leaving for work. Erika of the Orange Bathrobe, thanks for the wellness boosts!
Gned the SBGnome: And there goes our lovely Daia, off to her second day of work! *waves goodbye
Mel the Mailbox: *waggles the mailbox lever
Tremain the Trashcan: *says a silent prayer for Daia’s success
Gned the SBGnome: When do you think the family will discover that Satoru’s gone?

Sasuke: Around noon today, we check Dad’s bedroom and realize that Dad passed during the night.
Sorry, but one of his final requests was to immediately put his urn in family inventory—he didn’t want to ruin your day, Sasuke.
Sasuke: He seemed fine last night, watching TV with the kid, when we all went to bed.
It’s so like Dad to die quietly and alone like that, sparing us the grief of witnessing his death.

I wish he could have seen my show tonight!
Thanks to the Negotiate Bonus interaction, Dad’s gummybear pancakes, and other boosts, I reach Level 10 Comedian!
We are no longer limited to inviting one sim into the household per generation. And we can buy and use mirrors!
Watchette, what’s the point of having me do this killer pose when it’s so dark out here?  I know, I know, we can’t have outdoor lamps yet.
I just noticed that the box on the lower right says "Elite Hacker." Sorry, I  must have had Nancy selected when you came home...

Day 74 (Wed)

Tatsuya: Congrats on maxing Painter/Master of the Real this afternoon, Kenta!
No one made a big deal about it because you didn’t unlock a restriction (since you’d already unlocked a teen career), but we’re all really proud of you!
Yes, you achieved it very quietly and all your career reward items are in family inventory. 
And thanks so much for not wearing long swim trunks with your paint-splotched T-shirt!

Kenta: No worries, people. So, Erika, you wanted to talk to me about something?
Erika: Oh, nothing really urgent. You know how Nancy always goes out in the afternoon to wreak havoc?
Kenta: Tell me something new. There’s been a conspicuous increase in nude joggers in our neighborhood lately.

Erika: Anyway, remember that little kid who was here with Dad the night he died?
Kenta: Yes, of course, the little Music-Lover boy. What’s up with him?
Erika: Well, I saw him and Nancy today over by the monkey bars.

Tatsuya: So what? Lots of people sit at those picnic tables to share meals and socialize. Your point?
Erika: Nancy and the kid seemed really close. Tatsuya, you were really friendly with the boy last night, too. What’s his story anyway?
Is he like an evil warlock who can bend sims to his will?
Kenta: I seriously doubt that, Erika, hahaha. You and The Penguin need some time apart.
Tatsuya: Well, maybe we should invite the little fella over sometime soon and ask him in person. Agreed?

Day 76 (Fri)

Tatsuya: Watchette! My age bar has read “0 days” since 1 am this morning and now it’s almost 3 pm and my age bar is bubbling.
Don’t I get to cake up? I’m having a hard enough time missing Dad, you know!
 Don’t be so paranoid, Tatsuya. Delaying your birthday as long as possible is for your own good.
Tatsuya: How could a sad moodlet be a good thing?
If Daia clears Diamond Agent while you’re still living, I can move you and Yuki out so that you’ll stop ageing.
That way, you won’t have to die like your Mom and Dad. while Yuki's young enough, you two might consider having another child, too.
We’ll just have to wait and give Daia all our support. We'll be cutting it pretty close, I think.

Tatsuya: She maxed Charisma last night, so she can “Negotiate Bonus” now which will speed things up.

Tatsuya: Watchette, why are you taking a screenshot of me while I’m mentoring Kenta in writing? Aren’t you supposed to wait until after I age up to elder?
Meh, Nancy and Yuki have their elder birthdays tomorrow, so I can snap a shot of all three of you elders then.
Tatsuya: So….this is just a cheesy shot of me in my  blazing briefs sleepwear?
Basically, yes. I asked myself: “Picture of adult Tatsuya in his sleepwear or of elder Tatsuya in bathrobe?” Such an impossibly difficult decision!

Day 77 (Sat)

Tatsuya: Around 4 am, we get the notice to throw Nancy a “rocking birthday party,” yet I am still waiting to age up.
In the end, I'm abruptly woken up in bed to age up around 10:30 am.
Nancy: Watchette has me cake up at night before leaving for work. It makes perfect sense.
I’m so close to the next promotion; I don’t want to have to leave work early just to get old.
Yuki: My age bar is bubbling, too, but I didn’t age up before midnight.
I’m not that anxious to show you what I look like as a senior citizen, anyway, so let’s close this chapter here.

Sasuke: Hold on, everybody! Don't close this chapter yet! I want to confirm a rumor I heard at Limelight Lounge tonight.
Was Kenta really entertaining a guest here this afternoon?
Is it true? Who could it have been? Bets, anyone?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Sanada Apocalypse:Even the Swiftest Cheetah (new May 20)
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2016, 09:01:27 PM »
I am not aware of the Sims in the Sims 4, so I cannot make any bets as to who Kenta might have been seeing, I look forward to finding out though.
Can I say how much I adore Satoru and Mauricio? His death had me tearing up... I felt so terribly for everyone to lose him. What a fantastic founder though! So many achievements... of both varieties! ;) And little Mauricio! Who knew there was Grim's little secret agent hanging around the house the whole time? I adored the picture of them hugging.

I LOVED Sasuke's pose he did when he got his final promotion (congratulations on that by the way!!!). I totally thought he was doing the Whip/Nae Nae. I was laughing pretty hard.
Good luck to Daia, I believe in you girl! Bring us in that promotion and marry your true love - Kage! ;)

This was such a fantastic chapter. I loved how the porch crew stopped Grim before letting him take Satoru. There's just so much to love about this chapter.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Apocalypse:Even the Swiftest Cheetah (new May 20)
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »
@LivvieLove   

Haha, there's really no way to guess his partner's identity from that "heartful image with a foot"--it was just a silly way to end the chapter because I wasn't able to get images of Nancy and Yuki at the end as planned.
Nancy, I was forced to age up before she left for work, and Yuki didn't age up on Saturday at all. I'm really trying to stick to a weekly format, but wondering if it twists my storytelling in a negative manner.
Like, I wanted to spend the whole chapter on Satoru but feel the weekly thing makes me choose images/happenings more carefully.

My biggest worry now is whether Daia can clear her career in time to move Tatsuya, Nancy, and Yuki out. And I've also been obsessing over who to move in.
Thank you for reading.  :) Helps me figure out where to go next.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Sanada Apocalypse: Even the Swiftest Cheetah (new May 20)
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2016, 08:38:45 AM »
How does Mel fan herself without arms? Is the red flag enough to do it?  :P Kenta looks so artsy and laid back with that pose. Hmmm, I'm very suspicious of Mauricio's parentage! I can't believe it's Satoru's time, I loved that the porch crew tried to stop Grim going in and the Daia flirting him. Congratulations to Sasuke on his promotion! Nancy is stealing peoples athletic wear at night so they have to jog naked, right? xD Kenta's mystery lover, I have to ask have we seen the person briefly or in the background or not at all?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »
Oh no.  RIP Satoru, I feel genuinely sad  :'(  I love the way the household handled his loss, especially when old Grim hangs around ; I usually hate that bit! 

Can't wait for the big reveal of Kenta's friend ; I don't recognise the foot :D

Are you going to do a family tree?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2016, 03:57:23 PM »
Too sad to make comments on my favorites, the porch crew.  Such a loss.  Ah well, when it's your time, eh?  He did last 21 days after all.  Awesome update as usual.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2016, 02:01:33 AM »
I just caught up! I have to confess I'd been avoiding this story because I was afraid it would inspire me to revive my own abandoned apocalypse challenge file . . . and it did! I'll have to restart because my folks were using yoga mats and I realize now that they aren't allowed, but your story is so fun and entertaining that now I can't wait to jump back in. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2016, 02:06:08 AM »
@LivvieLove   

Haha, there's really no way to guess his partner's identity from that "heartful image with a foot"--it was just a silly way to end the chapter because I wasn't able to get images of Nancy and Yuki at the end as planned.
Nancy, I was forced to age up before she left for work, and Yuki didn't age up on Saturday at all. I'm really trying to stick to a weekly format, but wondering if it twists my storytelling in a negative manner.
Like, I wanted to spend the whole chapter on Satoru but feel the weekly thing makes me choose images/happenings more carefully.

My biggest worry now is whether Daia can clear her career in time to move Tatsuya, Nancy, and Yuki out. And I've also been obsessing over who to move in.
Thank you for reading.  :) Helps me figure out where to go next.
I dunno, I thought maybe some townies might have noticeable... feet? (shrugs)
Such a weird part of woohoo to see the foot sticking out that direction. ::) Silly Sims.
I say you do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Write until you feel like you should stop. I've had to do that a few times. =) For what it's worth, your chapters are great regardless!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2016, 07:47:28 AM »
@Nettlejuice   
Mel has a small built-in fan that can be switched on and off by wiggling the red lever, lol. (I love that you're such a careful reader.) The remark about Kenta's mystery lover is just a silly joke to go along with that foot-in-the-bed image which I love. Actually, when planning where everyone would be going when they left, I asked myself who Kenta should be with. "She" was the one who seemed best suited to him--I offered no prior clues for you to actually guess.  Who is your new avatar?

@tjtemple
The big reveal is actually not about Kenta, hehe. And I agree--I despair at a full house moping and sighing for two whole days. When Jade died, Satoru was constantly sighing and moaning. ugh.  And, your wish is my command! Family tree link at the end of the next chapter.  :D  (Don't look at the family tree until you've read the next chapter!)

@Joria
It's ironic, isn't it? Do an immortal dynasty and feel annoyed by the needy elders. Do a non-immortal dynasty and agonize over repeated loss and mourning.
Once Diamond Agent is unlocked, though, I can move sims out before they die. That's a plus (which I hope won't cause my game to lag).

@FrancescaFiori   
Thanks for reading! Personally, I don't think you need to restart because of the yoga mats. Pinstar in one of his comments (not rules) remarked that if one makes a mistake, one should simply fix it, avoid repeating it, then move on. I restarted because I'd made so many bad decisions for the run which I started writing about. Looking forward to reading about your challenge.
Misery loves company! ;-)

@LivvieLove
Ohhh, now I feel bad that I made you think so hard about the foot. And yes, the foot thing is positively absurd, which is why it's so funny, I guess. Writing advice very much appreciated.  <3

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Apocalypse: Return of "The Shadow" (May 22)
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2016, 08:12:39 AM »
Week 12/Day 78 (Sun): Return of "The Shadow"

Day 78 (Sun)

Tatsuya: It’s a pretty typical Sunday morning for this household today, except for all the recent birthdays.
There’s Ms. Bathrobe, parked in front of The Penguin in her matching robe as usual.

Tatsuya: Daia is so impressed at how quickly Nancy’s been getting promoted lately that Daia’s started to learn programming, too, so she can “Hack work performance.”

Tatsuya: I hear that you’re wanting to see how all of us old geezers turned out, eh?
Even an elder can mentor writing, which I’m doing here since it’s the only mentoring skill that neither of the twins have maxed.
Yuki: I believe you’re even more handsome as an elder, darling. But why’s Kenta making that face?
Tatsuya: Not sure. Might be artistic angst or something.
This image cracks me up. Tatsuya and Kenta even look like they’re posed, but they aren’t.

Yuki: As I was saying, sweetheart, you’re even handsomer now. Rawrrr!
And….looks like I’m not ageing right away, after all…
Yuki and Daia are such beautiful sims that I couldn’t resist pushing my luck for another child.

Nancy: You know when Geoffrey last visited yesterday morning to renew our marital vows, I thought to myself that he looked rather stodgy and pudgy.

Nancy: I blame those Sanada boys for ruining my eyesight—they’re constantly running around the house in their sleepwear (with matching slippers, natch).

Nancy: Unlike Tatsuya, I aged up using a cake.  Then I left for work, grey hairs and all!
I wonder if Geoffrey will still love me now that we’re more evenly matched…
(My question to readers: Will sims leave work and come home to age up? I don’t even remember anymore because I’ve always used cakes recently.) )

Day 79 (Mon)

Sasuke, I don’t think everyone’s gotten a good look at your everyday outfit, from head to toe.
Sasuke: Don’t mind if I do.
Thanks! I love your outfit to pieces for some reason. You yourself don’t look bad, either.

Erika: I’m starting to feel that Watchette is rather biased about what pictures she takes of which family members…
Huh? Did you say something to me? You have the cutest everyday outfit, but do you ever wear it?
No! Unless I actually tell you to change outfits, you spend all your time in that bathrobe! You might as well do all the cleaning!

Erika: *mutters curses

Day 80 (Tue)

Gned the Gnome: Hey, look! There’s Kenta with his romantic interest!  They’ve been getting busy since last week!
Mel the Trashcan: Obviously!
Tremain the Trashcan: From here, it kind of looks like he’s sucking on her upper lip?

Summer: Kenta, I’m really glad you’re so happy about becoming a father!
Kenta: Are you kidding? This is fantastic!
He proposes, she accepts, they elope, and now Kenta can go reign over the BFF House when he eventually moves out.
Porch crew: *throws confetti

Day 81 (Wed)

Kenta: Thanks for coming over, Mauricio. We’ve all been wanting to get to know you better.
Sasuke: And we’re grateful that Dad wasn’t alone in his final hours. We’re glad you were there for him.
Erika: To cut to the chase, kid, who are you? What’s your last name, anyway?
Mauricio: (glances over at Nancy and Tatsuya) Is it okay if I tell them my full name?
Tatsuya: Go ahead, Mauricio, the time has come.
Mauricio: Okay. My name is Mauricio Landgraab and I’m your half-brother.
*sound of a pin dropping
Tatsuya: I can explain everything, you see…
Nancy: It’s my story now, Tatsuya, so let me explain.

Nancy: Satoru and I met one night in Windenberg a few days before he left his island home for Newcrest.
I was already in the Criminal career then, a low-level crook but moving up quickly.
He’d found me in an alley, where I’d been abandoned by the thugs who’d kidnapped, drugged, and interrogated me for information I hadn’t possessed.
I’d been poisoned and would have died if Satoru hadn’t taken me back to headquarters where I could drink the antidote.

Erika: Let me get this straight. This all happened after he married our mother?
Nancy: No, he was still single then. Anyway, let me give you the short version of the story.
Satoru and I entered into an agreement: I would leave my luxury home and help him by lifting the Oracle restriction as quickly as possible.
In exchange, he would offer Sanada DNA for a new Landgraab heir who would live here for socialization and training.

Sasuke: And the result of your unholy contract is Mauricio?
Nancy: Yes, Satoru and I were “together” once—he hadn’t even met Jade Rose at the time.
Tatsuya: I’m surprised you hadn’t figured it out sooner! Mauricio has the Sanada lips. They’re just like mine!

Kenta: I don’t know…it’s such an improbable story.
Tatsuya: I know, I know. It’s all a lot more complicated and murky, but it’s been watered down to be family-friendlier. Besides, Mauricio is here, too.
Sasuke: Well, what’s done is done and Dad did give his word. Anyway, the kid’s a Music-Lover, so he’ll fit right in. 
And it ‘ll be nice for your child, Tatsuya, to have a companion growing up.
Nancy: I’m so glad to get all that off my chest!  *lets out a sigh of relief
The Landgraabs will die out without a competent heir with social skills. Please lend your support to Mauricio!
Erika: To my astonishment, the others decide that Mauricio would later move in and join the Musician career.
I agree to help out by pre-skilling the boy in Logic whenever he stops by.

As for Nancy, some days she’s a great mother! Other days, I wish she’d provide her son with a better role model!

Yuki: Meet Naoto, the younger brother of our firstborn child Daia!
And you may notice that age caught up with me after I gave birth.

Day 82 (Thu)

Gned the Gnome: Congrats on climbing to the top of the Oracle career, Nancy!
Nancy: Thanks, it feels great!
Tremain the Trashcan: You’re so nice to take this commemorative shot with us!  And in your Oracle outfit!
Mel the Mailbox: You look amazing, girlfriend!
Nancy: Think nothing of it, folks. I much appreciated your friendly support whenever I left for and came home from work!

Daia: Thanks to Nancy who maxed Oracle this morning, Kage moves into the house across the street with some cool-looking folks.
You noticed!
Daia: Actually, I’m still at work but Auntie Erika just texted me to say she introduced herself to him so she can invite him over when I get home!
Yeah, he looked a little wary about her chatting him up like that, especially because she caked up to an elder this afternoon while everyone else was either at work or napping.
Daia: Oh, I can’t wait to get home this evening! I owe Nancy big time!

Tatsuya comes home from work and spends some quality time with his newborn son.
He looks so dignified as an elder! And those Sanada lips!

Daia: Mom also met Kage by the riverside this afternoon and, unlike Auntie Erika, will absolutely not hit on him herself.
So, as soon as I get home, I ask Mom to invite Kage over.
It’s like Kage and I have known each other from a past life!
Kage: I can’t wait until we can be together all the time, Daia!
Daia: I know, I want you to move in this very moment (why does that "Ask to move in" social appear even though our house is full?).
I reached Level 7 Secret Agent this evening, but once I clear my career…

Daia: So many things happened tonight! We had our first kiss and then he asked me to be his girlfriend!
Kage: Don’t forget that we even became best friends.

Cute shot, you two, but why are you in your sleepwear, hmmm?
Kage: Well, we tried posing for a really cool screenshot outside but you don’t have outdoor lamps and the shot came out too dark.
Daia: That’s when I suggested we come inside to take the shot, where it’s brighter.
Kage: Downstairs, there were so many people that we had to come upstairs.
Daia: But then….
Hey, hey, I wasn’t really expecting an answer. After that smoldering first kiss of yours, the sleepwear isn't that hard to figure out.

Day 83 (Fri)

Yuki: Naoto is going to age up in a couple of sim-hours. Why are you showing everyone another shot of Naoto as an infant instead?
And I thought you were going to include scenes of Naoto and Mauricio together in this chapter, too?

Yes, that was the original plan but, first of all, Daia and Kage hit it off so well they astonished even me!
Secondly, have you ever seen such an expressive look on a sim-baby’s face before?
Maybe you all have, but I haven’t. I think it’s quite hilarious and even borderline-creepy. Bwahahahaha…

Shots of Naoto as a child have been moved to the next chapter. Come back soon!

Remarks

Without offering long-winded, whiny excuses, I'd like to note that when I first thought of the Mauricio scenario (why would Nancy be willing to drop everything and go live in a dystopian dump?), I hadn't actually thought of a detailed explanation of why they were "together"; when I started to write one, it got weirder and weirder so I decided the best course would be to hide behind the shield of "protecting Mauricio's innocence." Who wants to hear that kind of talk about your parents at the dinner table, anyway?

So many sims are waiting on Daia to complete her career!
Nancy wants to move back to her family and their luxurious home in Oasis Springs.
The elders Tatsuya, Yuki, and Erika want to move out so they’ll stop ageing.
Kenta wants to go live with his wife, Summer Holiday, and their son Watson in Willow Creek.
Daia’s boyfriend Kage and Nancy’s son Mauricio are waiting to move in.
Sasuke also wants to move in some sims, whom you’ll meet next time or whenever Diamond Agent is cleared.

In response to a question from @tjtemple which I’ve interpreted as a request of sorts, I’ve created a family tree with portraits which you can see by clicking here. <----
I’m afraid it’s a bit spoiler-ish, as I use it to plan ahead. Portraits have been added, however, to refresh your memory for all two generations and Gen2 Daia.
After a few more updates, I'll also place a Family Tree link underneath the Chapter Links.

As always, thank you for reading!

anything