Author Topic: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge [Completed]  (Read 81069 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Why So Mean? (New/June 6)
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2016, 03:53:12 PM »
GoT is a great show. I read The Hedge Knight a few years ago and my library only had one copy and they didn't bother buying the next two instalments. Then I read the GoT books and noticed one of the characters called his brother 'Egg' and referenced the Knight character after doing a bit of research I found they were connected so I had to watch the TV show.

Tao is a descendant of Mitch, I knew I liked him for a reason! Do you have any screenshots of your founder or Mitch? I think Kessy would be very jealous if she found out (and Lei would probably scream with delight, lol).
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Why So Mean? (New/June 6)
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2016, 09:02:23 PM »
@Nettlejuice
Would you recommend that I read the books first?
Sadly, I only have that one save file plus LenaLJ's spreadsheet with the dynasty stats. I'll see what I can do about using that save file to take some some screenshots of the founder and their son, named (lol) Mitchell Junior.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Letting Go (Newer/June 6)
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2016, 09:38:33 PM »
Week 18/Day 122: Letting Go

Day 122 (Tue)

Karina: Watchettes wakes everyone up this morning at 6 o’clock.
We gather downstairs and change into our party outfits.

I got the “throw a rocking birthday party” message this morning around 2:30 am, but I wanted to wait and celebrate with the entire household.

Don’t you think I look exactly the same? I’ve got Mom’s perfect nose but everything else is all Dad.
Mauricio’s behind me, looking glad that we’re both young adults now, hehe.
Sara’s looking stunning. I’m glad she tones down that hair and make-up for her everyday look, or the guys in the house would be too distracted.
Time for me to sign up for the Athlete career!

We hardly get to wear our party outfits. My Mauricio is looking fine, as always.
Dad, if Mom ever catches you looking at Sara like that, she’ll wring your neck!
Sara is just naturally elegant! She looks dainty and fragile, but she’s actually pretty tough!
Tao, is it true that Watchette gave you four different party outfits?
And Uncle Naoto—you are such a thug, lol! In high school, everyone always raves about how cool you are!

My little bro Go and Amanda look so adorable watching TV together.
Go looks so much like Father and Amanda looks like the perfect mix of Morgan and Gavin.
Note: These two will not become an item, because I have different plans for them.
Because they’re both ageing up this sim-week, though, I wanted to include close-ups of them as children.

Karina: Thanks for getting everyone up to celebrate my birthday this morning, Watchette!
Sorry we couldn’t throw you a birthday party, but everyone’s on different schedules today. 
Karina: Now that you mention it…come here, lover boy! Hurry up before all the kids start leaving for school!
Wow, your thighs, Karina! You obviously reached your maximum body potential yesterday!

Mauricio: Gosh, Karina, you’re feeling rather muscular today, but ravishing all the same! <3 <3 <3
Karina cuteness!!!

Hey, you two! You’re eloping? What about the wedding party?
Karina: Think about it, Watchette. The wedding arch is downstairs in the basement.
Mauricio: A party would only remind us that we still can't have bar drinks or listen to a stereo yet.
Karina: It’s fine! We’re just happy to be together!
We should think about throwing parties at other sims' homes.

Kage: Oh darn, one of the next milestones of my Big Family aspiration requires me to have four grandchildren.
That’s why it’s important to have a son first! Watchette, what were you thinking?
Obviously, I wasn’t thinking. Oh well, it hardly matters since you can’t buy reward traits without unlocking Pro Athlete.
Kage: I thought we’re stockpiling Moodlet Solvers for the Mixologist unlock.
Oops, sorry, you two! Congratulations on your wedding!
*whispers: Watchette, there’s no room in the house for them to have my grandchildren! You planned this on purpose, didn’t you?
Yep. But you knew it was coming. Of your children, only Go will have kids in this house.

Go: Thanks! Fiiiinally, people remember that I’m the fourth-generation heir as well as this household's reigning heir!
I’ve taken a vacation day from school today and am working on Rambunctious Scamp until tomorrow.

Gned the Gnome: Have a great evening at work, Mauricio! *waves good-bye
Tremain the Trashcan: So what’s the story with Mauricio and Karina now? I heard they were allowed to get married, but why no kids?
Mel the Mailbox: Oh, they can have kids alright but the kids will be Landgraabs, so not at this house.
Thanks for reminding me! I need to change her family name in CAS so the kids will be born Landgraabs.
Gned: Don’t you read the memos, Tremain? Mauricio and Karina will eventually take over the Landgraab Estate in Oasis Springs.
Tremain: Oh, okay. About that, I hear that Watchette will only allow certain sim couples to have children in the house from now on.
Gned: Yeah, I heard that too. I wonder what the selection criteria are.
Mel: Oh please, you don’t know Watchette by now? Personal bias based on “aesthetic” preferences, natch.
Tremain: Anyway, how’s Mauricio doing in his career?
Gned: Pretty good. Tonight, he’ll bag the promotion to Level 5 Entertainer and go into the Musician branch.

Tao: Hey, Naoto! When you asked me to come along with you tonight, I thought it would be a guys’ night out.
What are we doing in this house in the ‘burbs of Oasis Springs?
Naoto: Sorry, Tao. I thought the trip might be educational for you. This is strictly family business.

Mauricio: So what’s the deal here?
Naoto: You remember how Zoey Patel’s been after me since I was a teenager?
Well, I was with her last week in a moment of weakness. You probably don’t even remember going after the woman I love, after Kage warned you off Karina last week.
I was so depressed that when Zoey phoned me, I came over here.
Tao: Waits, so that’s your love child? What’s his name? Did you come to age him up?
Mauricio: Man, you go ahead, Naoto. We can’t stand to watch.
Tao: Well, technicaly speaking, we’re standing but we can’t, you know what I mean?
Naoto: I’m so glad I brought you guys along for moral support.

Naoto: His name’s Keith Patel and he’s a bookworm.

Naoto: Hold on, guys. Just one more thing I need to do.
Kage (thinks to self): I see Gavin’s replaced that $10,000 computer I nicked during the kleptomaniac challenge last month! Sweet!
The Apoclaypse Challenge Rules’s Startup Entrepreneur lock prohibits the purchase and use of objects that aren’t the worst quality.
But it doesn’t say anything about swiping stuff that goes directly into family inventory.
Aaarggghh, it’s impossible to resist! Some cravings should never be denied!
Hehe, I hope Gavin won’t miss his computer since he’s, you know, an author! Mwahahahaha.
I note the empty desk where Gavin’s computer used to be, lol.

Naoto: I know it’s late, Zoey, but could I speak to you privately for a moment?
Zoey (wonders if Naoto’s going to propose): Sure thing, sweetheart. What’s up?
Naoto: Well, I know you’re really into me and we even have a son now, but I’d like us to just be friends.

Zoey: You’ve got to be kidding me! Are you saying that I don’t mean anything to you?
Naoto: Oh please, Zoey. You know you’ve been after me for years!
Zoey: So why were you with me at all?
Naoto: Well, one, you’re extremely pushy. And two, I think I briefly succumbed to cougar magnet madness.
I should never have been with you—you aren’t who my heart truly desires.
Zoey: Well, that’s really heart-breaking!  By the way, who’s that cutie with the pink hair you brought with you?
Tao: You’re unbelievable, Naoto, you know that? You invited me along as a diversion?
Naoto: Lol, no. It just worked out that way. Too bad this challenge doesn’t allow clubs.
You and me could have started one named Cougar Magnets…  8)

Kage: Okay, one last thing before we go home! Mitchell Kalani is sleeping on the couch.
Wake him up and everyone introduce yourselves to him real nice, okay?
Tao: Awww, shucks, Watchette! Thanks for the compliment about my being a great mood-maker.
I really dig this Mitch guy—just look at much he laughs at my jokes!
When I age up to young adult, do you think I could have the Bro trait, too?

Day 123 (Wed)

Gned the Gnome: There goes the shirtless Tao, off to his third day of high school. *waves farewell
Mel the Mailbox: Watchette! Even I’m shocked that Tao is running around shirtless in low-slung jeans! *drools slightly
Oh please! This is a scientific experiement! Tao has the Bodybuilder aspiration and will join the Pro Athlete career.
So I am monitoring his weight fluctuations, his Body Mass Index, and, uh, erm, other things. *coughs

Tremain the Trashcan: Other things like what?
His achievements...maybe…maybe not, it depends on the rigorous criteria of the experiment, you know!
There’s no room for slacking when it comes to the advancement of sim science!
And besides, he has four different everyday outfits. What he wears is up to him (sort of).

Gned: Yeah, yeah, we get it. He has potential assets. *rolls eyes
Well, I could have simply started him out as a young adult, but he’ll have more skills and aspiration traits if he starts out as a teen, okay?
Mel: Hey, hey, no need to get so touchy! I certainly won’t mind seeing Tao everyday!
Strictly for the sake of the advancement of sim science, of course. *grins  What’s his Fitness level now?
*whispers: Level 6…

Go: Helllo, people, remember me? The fourth-generaton heir of this challenge, hello?!
Would you all please tear yourselves away from the topic of Tao for a second to focus on today’s main event?
Compared to my elder sister Karina’s birthday the other day, mine is celebrated with much less confetti and only one green horn.  >:(
Tao: Well, that’s easy. It’s because there are three less celebraters!

I leap into the air, spinning and sparkling.
Tao continues singling enthusiastically, while Naoto and Sara stand there looking bored.
Remind me not to invite those two for future birthday photo shoots!
Gah, my hair looks disturbingly…large?!

Oh no! The ‘fro must go!
Aside from your 60’s afro, Go, you look remarkably similar to your father, Kage—from your large eyes to your nose to your mouth.
I’d include a shot of you with your father for comparison, but we’re hitting the image limit, so we’ll do that next time.

A collage of a few of Go’s outfits. The athletic, sleepwear, and swimwear outfits don’t interest me as much, so I include a second everyday outfit instead.
I went pale green with his hair. I tried lavender but Go looks too much like his father to do the same color.
And Tao is already rocking the pink. Go in pale green will grow on you, I promise.

We've been moving through the days at a snail's pace lately but too much is happening with this household these days to cover an entire week in one update.
I could have written an entire cheesy update just about Siobhan's birthday party, Clare the Caterer, and her infatuation with Naoto, lol.
Amanda Fyres ages up to a teen in two-sim days, but I decided against squeezing her birthday into this chapter.
Now that more restrictions have unlocked, I can enjoy playing the sims in this household more, although I'm not writing much about the challenge per se.

By the way, I'm delighted that Go resembles his father so much but Kage has completely wiped out the Sanada genes. Karina has Daia's cheeks, but that's all.

Thank you very much for reading, both commenting readers and silent readers alike.
It motivates me to continue playing and writing about this challenge, even during those times when I feel there's really nothing to say.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2016, 02:41:23 AM »
Gned the Gnome: There goes the shirtless Tao, off to his third day of high school. *waves farewell
Mel the Mailbox: Watchette! Even I’m shocked that Tao is running around shirtless in low-slung jeans! *drools slightly
Oh please! This is a scientific experiement! Tao has the Bodybuilder aspiration and will join the Pro Athlete career.
So I am monitoring his weight fluctuations, his Body Mass Index, and, uh, erm, other things. *coughs
Tremain the Trashcan: Other things like what?
His achievements...maybe…maybe not, it depends on the rigorous criteria of the experiment, you know!
There’s no room for slacking when it comes to the advancement of sim science!

YES. That body mass index... and his... his...
(coughs)
Achievements! Right!
Oshizu. I love you just for putting that in. ::)

Karina is...
Interesting.
That's a good word.
She... didn't skip leg day! Right? (scrambles to think of positive things).
(Whistles) I mean... those legs... could probably cut a diamond...

XD I'm just teasing. She's very muscular though! I feel like she went from dainty princess to the incredible hulk at great speeds!

As for Naoto... oh Naoto.
Love child with the cougars.
I totally would love to see the Cougar Magnets become a thing. I'd get a foam-finger for it and everything.

I love reading your updates! They always brighten my day!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2016, 06:53:50 AM »
Poor Karina--she had to use the weightlifting machine to achieve "maximum body potential" as a final milestone of her Bodybuilder aspiration. Reaching this "potential" causes guys to get overly muscular and bulky. For women, the legs become noticeably muscular, lol.
Also, looking like Kage is a good thing for the son but not a good look for the daughter, sadly, whhich is why Go became the heir instead of her.

On the other hand, Sara's look I love and the lilttle Amanda will grow up into a knock-out, I think.

And yes, Mel the Mailbox is my ally in all matters "scientific." *puts on my white lab coat

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2016, 08:26:56 AM »
It's 5am here as I'm reading this. The disturbingly large hair gave me my first good laugh of the day.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2016, 09:06:17 AM »

Oh no! The ‘fro must go!

Just lol, lol, lol!  ;D ;D ;D  That was too funny,  and how totally brilliant of you to take a shot of Go's hair to cheer us all up  ;D  I always take my birthday horrors straight to the mirror  :-X

But didn't he scrub up well - I LOVE the green combo outfits!

And "Keith Patel"  is just too funny also!  I assume that's a game decision!  Love it :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2016, 06:25:28 PM »
Things make a lot of sense if you read the books first but it's your choice =D

To start with, Mitch is finally here! Feels like I've been waiting forever to see him, lol. And he looks as adorable as ever, laughing with his great great grandson sitting beside him. In the screenshot of Go's ageing up it looks like Naoto is wondering if a new Cougar Magnet will soon join him and Tao, lol. Or is that just me thinking that? Tao's reaction to the afro is priceless, lol.

Naoto's son is a cutie, at least Zoe wasn't too upset and moved on already  :P Tao going to school topless, only in the Sims!

Now that there are no gender restrictions have you seen the body hair used on female Sims? It's... well, you have to find out for yourself!

I noticed the rooms look much more spacious when everyone is celebrating the birthdays, has it become easier to mange now?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2016, 06:47:03 PM »
Thanks for your GOT advice--if there's a novel and film, for example, I love reading the book first. So I'll start with the GOT books as well.

Yes, Mitch will join a little before Sara ages up, hopefully. I'm going to give the Bro trait to Tao and Sara, too--it will be fun, I hope.
Lol, you know I didn't even think it was odd that Tao was traipsing off to high school with no shirt--I've gotten so jaded!
Just so you know, Tao does have 4 different everyday outfits. He switched to his shirtless look from his sleepwear to to go school, and I mindlessly just took a screenshot.

Nooo, I haven't played around much with the new gender features since Go's the only one I've taken to CAS since the update.
I have no idea what you mean about body hair for women, but does it mean that we now have body hair for men without using cc? That would be nice.
As for breasts with chest hair, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that for my sims.

I've only expanded the rooms to 10 tiles across, since there's a number of items with a 1x2 footprint that I can't move anyway. When Karina clears Bodybuilder, the rooms will be more spacious. For now, the living/dining room is bigger but the dresser/TV and sofa remain in the same spot (now in the middle of the living room), lol.

I'm actually dying here right now. I've downloaded the Dining Out DLC but need to finish the Homeless Challenge first. (>_<)
It's still devilishly hard to take screenshots, but somewhat better than before. :D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2016, 07:12:01 PM »
I'll PM you =)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2016, 09:32:11 PM »
@tjtemple

Is "Keith Patel" someone we should know? Maybe a cricket reference? I googled it but found nothing that I would associate with you or your keen wit.

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2016, 01:09:42 PM »

I just finished reading this and I saw this in the background of one of your birthday parties.

(praise the sun?)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2016, 03:28:12 PM »
@Luna264

Rofl, "Praise the Sun," indeed. Dang, I wish I'd thought of that! Who knew that little Daia liked to channel Solaire of Astora!?  ;)
Thank you so much for catching that!  Totally made me laugh.
And thanks for reading!  ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Daddy's Dirty Dancing (New/June 9)
« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2016, 12:44:01 PM »
Just another update with a suggestively misleading title!  :P

Week 18/Day 124: Daddy's Dirty Dancing

Day 124 (Thu)

Hi! My name’s Amanda Fyres. I’ve hardly gotten any attention in this story so far.
And it’s no wonder! My auntie Siobhan is the spouse of the Gen2 spare Sasuke.
My mother (Morgan) is Auntie Siobhan’s younger sister who only cleared a teen career.
My father Gavin’s so uninmportant that he doesn’t even get a portrait in our Family Echo family tree. Hmmph!
Unlike my mother, though, I’m being raised to clear an adult career, so there!

Tomorrow’s my teen birthday and I’m taking the day off from school today to work on aspirations.
Would you like to spend the day with me, even if I don’t have ripped abs or pastel hair? Hmm?

Gned the Gnome: There goes Go on his first day of high school!  He sure grew tall in a hurry!
Tremain the Trashcan: The other day, @Nettlejuice remarked on Tao leaving for high school shirtless. Do we need to explain that?
Mel the Mailbox: The Sanada family and friends have contributed so much toward improving living conditions in our simverse.
To honor their efforts, the Simverse Center for Genetic Excellence has convinced their high school to allow the family a special dispensation.
Thus, the boys in the family are allowed to attend high school without shirts.

Gned: For all their hard work and tireless dedication, you’d think the household would request something more, I don’t know, less frivolous.
Mel the Mailbox: Who cares when Go is looking that good! Anyway, this is The Sims! Hey, what’s Amanda doing just standing there?
Tremain: I’m not sure. First, she was muttering something about ripped abs and pastel hair.
Next thing I know, she was outside smilng and waving at Tao as he left for school…

Amanda: You’re probably wondering why Naoto is upgrading the toilet when we haven’t even cleared the Interstellar Smuggler career yet, right?
Because the daily task for his Criminal/Boss career has become “Upgrade objects,” he’s allowed to do upgrades anyway.
Every moment he’s not sleeping, eatng, or working, he plans to spend on doing upgrades around the house.
Sometimes I use my X-ray vision to see through bathroom walls and watch him upgrading.
Seeing him from behind like this, I can understand why he attracts the ladies.
Huh? No, I’m not being a creepster!

For awhile, I’d kinda had my heart set on marrying Naoto ..
But since Auntie Siobhan’s married to Uncle Sasuke, Mom doesn’t want me marrying Uncle Sasuke’s nephew.
I don’t mind. Lately, I’ve realized that Naoto is too old for me anyway, but we’re still great friends!

Hey, Uncle Naoto! I noticed that you’re paired up with Sofie Bjergsen on our Family Echo tree! When did you two hook up?
Naoto: Oh really? I haven’t seen Sofie since she moved out. I bet Watchette just wanted Sofie on our family tree somewhere.

Amanda: So why are you wearing that shirt today?
Naoto: Watchette ssays that, when I go shirtless, people have a hard time noticing my devastating cuteness!
Amanda: Hmmm, let me ponder that for awhile…

Karina and Mauricio are inseparable, except of course when they’re working.
Mauricio was saying something about being in better shape for dancing, so Karina has been mentoring him.
I know that Mauricio’s joined the Musician career, but I’ve never heard that he dances!
I wonder what kind of dancing he does. Social dancing? *whispers: He looks pretty nice to me already!
Ssshhh, don’t you dare tell Karina I said that!

Sara, Tao, and Go come home from high school. I hear Sara’s the oldest of the three.
Go’s stressed from studying hard and Sara’s tense from lack of intellectual stimulation, so Tao suggests the hot tub.
Uncle Kage’s been mentoring Naoto in Handiness while he does upgrades.
I overhead Grandpa saying to Nato, “Those teens have it so easy these days!”

Go: Aaahhh, I feel my stress just melting away!
Sara: How did we not discover this hot tub sooner?
Go: Dude, don’t forget we have practice tonight!
Tao: Nope, I won’t!

Day 125 (Fri)

Today, I age up into a teenager!
Uncle Kage says we’re going to go to a new restaurant that opened up in town, then go clubbing!
Uncle Mauricio and Cousin Karina work until the evening, so they’re meeting up with us after work.
Thanks to Uncle Mauricio, I’m able to max Artistic Prodigy!
Besides The Founder, Satoru, I’m the first in this household to complete three childhood aspirations.
I realized belatedly, Amanda, that you should have done Whiz Kid instead.
Your Space Ranger career requires L8 Logic, L10 Fitness, and L4 Rocket Science… Oh well, I'm sure you'll be fine anyway!

Gned the Gnome: Bye bye, Karina! Enjoy your second day on the job!
Tremain the Trashcan: Hmm, I can’t say that work outfit really does much for her!
Mel the Mailbox: On the other hand, hubba hubba, look who’s here! It’s Paolo Rocca.
Tremain the Trashcan: Oh right, Erika the Bathrobe Lady used to be BFFs with him. What happened?
Gned: One, there’s not enough space for everyone to move in a spouse.
Two, Gen3 heir Daia preferred Kage the Cat Burglar to Pablo the Athlete Who Randomly Does Push-Ups When You’re Trying to Have a Convo.
Mel: You’re both wrong. The big question is not “what happened,” but “what’s happening.”

Kage: Thanks for coming over! You’ll do, Paolo!
Paolo: Huh?

Kage: Hello, Dane! Thanks for coming over on such short notice! How you been?
Dane: Oh, you know, same ole, same ole. I’m still struggling to find a job, but otherwise, I’m well.
Kage: And sorry that didn’t work out between you and my daughter, hey?
Dane: No worries, Kage. I never even met her so I wasn’t too broken up when you told me I wouldn’t be your son-in-law. W’ssup?
Kage: *whispers

Gned the Gnome: The teen trio, who will soon become a quartet, return home all tense—stressed out from another grueling day at high school.
Mel the Mailbox: Off to the hot tub you go!

Go: Ahhh, this is the life! Hey, do you guys know how Amanda’s spending her last day of childhood?
Sara: We can see her from the hottub! She’s in the Focused Room with your great-uncle, Sasuke.
Tao: You think she’ll turn out as pretty as her mother?

Tremain the Trashcan: So many visitors today! Isn’t that Amanda’s father, Gavin Richards?

Amanda: A little before 7, we all change then head for the new Shimuzu Restaurant in Windenberg.
Kage: Well, here we are, crew! Let me talk to the host to confirm our reservation.
Naoto: Check us out, looking all fabulous in our formal wear as we strut and swagger over to our table!
Girls, stop breaking formation!

Amanda: Uncle Kage, is it just my imagination or are all the other diners here staring at us?
Naoto: You know it’s because we are all looking so amaaaazing!
Amanda: Seriously, why is everyone watching us?
Kage: It’s because we’re the only Asians eating at this Japanese-like restaurant.
So when the other diners see us here, they think, “Oh look, there’s a Japanese family eating here—that must mean this food is authentic!”
Amanda: How do you know that?
Kage: I heard it from Watchette who heard it from her father.
Whenever her family would go to an Asian restaurant and people would start staring, her father would say, “This restaurant should comp us this meal for promoting its authenticity.”
True story.

Go: What are Karina and Mauricio doing over there at their own table?
Kage: They arrived about 90 minutes after us, but the host wouldn’t let them join our table.
Naoto: That’s bizarre. Do you want me to go explain things to him, bro? This restaurant’s owner owes me some money and I could lean...
Kage: Nah, we’ll just take over the restaurant ourselves, after we get a few more unlocks done.

Naoto: Where the heck is our food? We arrived here at 7:30 and its almost 11 o’clock already.
What are you people doing? Growing the rice? Is the chef off mushroom hunting?
Waiter: We deeply apologize for keeping you waiting! Your meals will be ready very soon!

Naoto: It’s 12:30 am now! I’ve had enough. Waiter, oh waiter!
Waiter: Yes, did you summon me?
Naoto: We’ve been sitting here without anything to drink or eat now for five hours!  Five hours!
Please deliver my insult to the chef!
Sorry for making you do all the dirty work, Naoto! But you seem to enjoy it and, more important, you always look so good acting like a thug!

Go: Wait, before we go, let’s order a birthday cake for Amanda, so she’ll be a teen when we go clubbing!
Go clicks on the table to order a strawberry cake which, unlike their meals, appears on the table instaneously.
Amanda blows out the candles and does the birthday spin...

Amanda: Gah, what’s going on with this hair? Go gets the Blow Fro but I get the No Fro?! 
Get thee to a closet, woman!
Kage: Come on, gang. It’s past 1 a.m. We are so outta here!

Day 126 (Sat)

Amanda: The fam takes me to the Pan Europa Discoteque in Windenberg.
Uncle Kage prepares a special surprise for my teen birthday. I hear it’s turning into a house tradition.
“The Dancers” make a comeback for a group dance,  adding two new members, Tao and Go.
That’s post-makeover me on the right.
It’s quite amazing how much Go resembles his father, don’t you think? You have to look up, you know, at the face!
I hear Karina made a lot of friends her first day of high school when rumors spread that Karina lived with The Dancers.

Pan Europa’s dance floor has more surrounding space than Narwhal’s, but it feels smaller because other people keep crowding us.
Especialy that Walking The Dog, who keeps trying to get in the photos that Sara’s taking.

Oh, it seems Uncle Kage recruited three other members to The Dancers for a group of eight.
Sadly, we spent so much time at that restaurant that by the time we arrived at the club, the other three were sleeping!
I’m actually really glad! What girl wants to watch Daddy's dirty dancing? Ugh. *tries to wipe the image from my mind

Tao: This is the first time I’ve ever gone clubbing and I have to say it’s right up there next to hot tubbing!
I’ve discovered I love to dance!
This step is particularly tricky, though, because of the facial expression.
You have to squeeze your eyebrows together and make a face like you’re saying, “You want summa dis?”
To be honest, I’m not really sure, but that’s how Naoto and Uncle Kage look…(Mauricio, on the other hand, just looks like his eyes are closed.)
There's a ghost in back who seems enthralled by Kage!

Kage: You little whippersnapper, Tao! You have the nerve to challenge me to a dance battle?!
Tao: I don’t mean any disrespect! This is my first time out dancing, you know, but I see that you have a lot of great moves!
Since you don’t show off your dance moves, though, I thought I could see you dance in a dance battle.
Naoto: Haha, Tao watches open-mouthed as Kage goes through his moves, closing his turn with the Light Spin.
Tao already admires Kage for mentoring him in Fitness but he’s a total fanboy now!

Amanda: I’m standing outside Pan Europa and, as you can see, we’ve danced until morning.
Good thing Watchette had us all nap on Friday!
By the way, Pan Europa has closets downstairs, so I got a makeover right away.
This is a better look for me and the shape of my face, agreed? Different hair and a little makeup work miracles!

Thanks for reading this silly update!
I’d fully intended to devote more screenshots to the restaurant experience, but the food never arrived after waiting five hours.
So instead, The Dancers got moved to this update, hehe.
(And yes, this is still an Apocalypse Challenge, in case you were wondering, but I tire of writing about skilling and career promotions, despite the sims' steady progress.)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Daddy's Dirty Dancing (New/June 9)
« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2016, 01:06:46 PM »
I LOVE this chapter - channeling my inner Felix! The Dancers return just made my day, and that DBBD ruining such perfect shots. He wants to be freeze rayed and then blown to space >:D

Amanda is gorgeous and I love her character, especially of her giggling as Tao leaves topless - a new rule for school uniform? That's scandalous and genius.

I have the same problems in the Shimuzu but from a managing point of view. The waiting staff drop the food on the floor instead of placing it on the correct table (not the 'oops, I made a mistake', more 'I'm programmed to place this on the ground') so customers are taking up valuable seats.

Kage, what is he up to? First I thought it had something to do with changing Paolo's hair to black but then Dane came along. Curiouser and curiouser.

anything