Author Topic: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge [Completed]  (Read 81007 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Love is Everywhere
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »
@Luna264     Awww, thanks! I'd never played the Criminal/Boss career before, but Naoto made it a lot of fun. I'm missing him, too! Yes, we'll have to visit him to see the baby!

Week 19/Day 131: Love Is Everywhere

[Day 131 (Thu)

Mauricio: Today is Thursday, but I’d like to make sure you are clear about the changes in our household that occurred yesterday on Wednesday.
As you’ve heard repeatedly, my father-in-law Kage and my nephew Naoto moved out.
But never fear, they’re still living quite close by in this same neighborhood.
Surprisingly, this leaves me as the eldest member of this household, although I’m still a young adult.
And then there are the new faces in our house, but I’ll let their inviters tell those stories.

Go: If you remember, my first kiss with Mina last night was interrupted by a peeping Tom.
That’s why we decided to go outside and continue.
After a little more flirting, I asked her to become my girlfriend and she looked happy to agree.

After that, she began flirting with me, so I pushed my luck and asked her to exchange promise rings.
I’m seven days older than her and I want to ensure that she doesn’t stray.

We both felt insanely happy about exchanging rings, somehow.
As soon as Uncle Naoto moved out last night, I invited her to move in.
It felt good to leave with her for high school this morning!

Sara: As for me, I’d invited to Mitch to come over last night after I got off work.
I came home very tense from my first day on the job, so I asked Mitch to join me in the hot tub.

Sara: Thanks for coming over, Mitch. Wow, we’ve been together like 5 minutes and you’re already Very Flirty?
Mitch: Sorry, Sara. While I was looking for you, I ran into a Very Flirty teenage boy kissing his girlfriend.
The boy’s vibe and the sight of the couple smooching made me feel Very Flirty, too.

Sara: Dear readers, I decide to roll with his mood, blowing kisses at him.

Sara: I think I owe Go a meal now, because Mitch was even receptive to a First Kiss!
But it was getting late and I didn’t want to rush our relationship past the kiss, so we promised to meet the next morning.

Mitch:  Heyo, people! My name’s Mitchell Kalani. My family name is of Hawaiian origin.
I take a lot of pride in my Hawiian roots but, sadly, I don’t speak the language any more.
Watchette googled my name for me, though, and it apparently means “of the heavens” or “Chieftain.” I’ll go with “chieftain,” then.

Truthfully, I was over the moon when Sara invited me over last night, since I didn’t know her very well.
Anyway, I came over to find a very warm and talkative Sara. We became fast friends!
After a very eventful evening with Sara which ended with a kiss, I’m back at their house this morning as promised.

And what do you know, she asks me to move in! It doesn’t take long for me to say yes!

And why not? Okay, since she’s an Astronaut and I’m a Mixologist, we don’t have much in common professionally.
But she’s not only very pretty but she shares my Bro trait! And my boy Tao also has serious Bro potential.
No offense, J and Gavin, but I think I’d rather be Bros with Sara! *gives Sara a bro hug

Mitch: First things first, I’ve noticed that this house is full of and often visited by extremely buff guys.
I am, you know, a Lazy dude by nature, but I do not intend to lose Sara to a sleaze with a nice bod!
Kage moved out last night but he’s visiting today, so I ask him to mentor me.
You just wait, Sara!

Mitch: I’m an Assistant Dishwasher in the Culinary career (Level 1). Today, I go to work for the first time.
Oddly, though, I’ve never made a drink or cooked a meal in my life!
So I practice making a few bar drinks then prepare a meal for the teens to eat when they return from school.

Mitch: Then, with two hours left before work, I do what I do best! *naps lazily

Mauricio: My beloved Karina comes home at 2 pm with a promotion to Level 6 Bodybuilder. Honey, you look a little tense!
Karina, I’d love to take more shots of you, I really would, but you make it so hard!
Karina: Work was so stressful! Aaaarrrggh!!!

Go: With the addition of Mitch and my lovely Mina, we have become a younger household: four young adults and four teens.
Tao: Yeah, but I’m ageing up to a young adult in two days!
Mina: Not that I mind, but why don’t the guys at this house ever wear shirts?

Day 132 (Fri)

Sara: By the way, Mitch gets off at work at 1 a.m., and while I’m waiting for him to return home, I notice Naoto’s wife stroll by our house.
I wonder when their baby’s due.  We’re all pretty excited about it!

Mitch: Thanks for waiting up and having dinner with me, Sara!
Sara: No worries, Mitch. I don’t work tomorrow, anyway. Plus I want to hear all about your first day of work!
Mitch: Well, I got promoted to Leve 2 Culinary, so I’m now Head Dishwasher instead of Assistant Dishwasher!
Sara: That’s really great, Mitch! But I just don’t understand your work uniform!
If you’re in the Culinary career, why do you wear a T-shirt with a wrench motif and a tool belt?
Mitch: You’re asking me as if I had a choice in wearing this!?

Gned the Gnome: Hey, there goes our reigning heir, wearing a shirt for a change!
Tremain the Trashcan: Strange, I thought his everyday outfit was shirtless.
Mel the Mailbox: Oh ye of little faith, didn’t Watchette mention that the boys had multiple everyday outfits, only one of which lacked a shirt?

Amanda: I had such a bummer day at school today, resulting in an 8-hour angry mood.
Thanks to my BFF, though, I’m feeling rather better. He sure knows how to treat me well!

Yes, I do believe that I’m feeling not only better but very flirty as well! Frst kiss!
And he also asks me to be his girlfriend! I say yes, natch!
Who could say no to Tao and his face that makes angels weep?

Tao: Seeing as our Fun meters are so low, Amanda and I decide to relax in the sauna…where one thing leads to another.
Huh? No, I am definitely not moving too fast! We’ve been good friends since forever and don’t forget that we’re also BFFs!

Mina: Like Amanda, I also had a bummer day at school today, but come home Sad instead.
Go, I’m feeling a little insecure about the fact that you’ll be a young adult for a full week before me.
Go: I’m your boyfriend and we’ve even exchanged promise rings. We’re as close as we can get!
Mina: Not quite, Go. Would you be my best friend forever?
Go: Of course, Mina. I’d just been waiting until the weekend to ask you!

Mauricio: I get a promotion to Level 9 Musician, which comes with a new tux.
Only one more promotion to go!

I’m not sure why but my female sims seem more high maintenance.
Even if they aren’t set to Work Hard or Study Hard, they come home tense or sad or bummed or some other negative mood, and thus unable to start their daily task or homework right away.
They “complain” more about filth, food, and so forth.
The teen girls often come home from school snarling—not offering the best photo opps!
Is the daily schedule harder for them or something?

Day 133 (Sat)

Tao: Today’s my young adult birthday, people!
Karina has work from 8, so we gather downstairs at 6:30 to celebrate my caking up.

Tao: Everyone’s looking mighty fine in their party outfits!
I’m seeing Mitch and Mina all dressed up for the first time.
Mina’s in front with the dark blue dress, and Mitch is behind Go in a grey v-neck sweater.
You’ve seen Go and Mauricio in those outfits a few times already, and I'm in my gold and pink get-up.
Sara’s next to Mitch wearing red and black and Amanda looks so fine in that long dress!
But what the heck’s going on with Karina? She’s in the very back in her sportswear, chugging energy juice like some jock!
Go: And she wonders why she doesn’t get more pictures in our story!*shakes head in wonder
I said this.
Mauricio: Aw c'mon guys, give my wife a break. Karina has a complex about not being as pretty as her younger brother!
Yeah, but look at Naoto! You're just as pretty as you feel! (sang Jefferson Airplane)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Love Is Everywhere (June 13)
« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2016, 01:15:39 PM »
I knew Mitch would make the cutest faces, I see what you mean about his workwear, that's just nonsensical, lol. He's looking so gentlemanly in his party wear <3 I didn't think Tao and Amanda would become a couple (it looked very one-sided before) but they sure do make a cute couple. Karina must be ruining her screenshots to get back at Naoto for being so handsome  :P
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2016, 01:38:33 PM »
@Nettlejuice
I can't say I've paid a lot of attention before, but is that what Level 3 and 4 culinary workers usually wear? Hahaha  But it's different from the repairman NPC who wears overalls.

To be honest, I think any of the six young people would have made great couples and lovely children--I had a hard time deciding.
When you say the Amanda/Tao relationship seemed one-sided, who did you think liked who? I still feel like no one's actually good enough for Tao, LOL. (This must be what mothers feel like)

Thanks for reading. I want Mitch to work out a little more then he can "unveil" his new wardrobe, lol. Out of respect for Kessy, he will not engage in any more PDAs.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2016, 07:21:24 PM »
Aw! What a lovely update!
Poor Karina, she gets a lot of flack but I understand why... she's just a wee bit... muscular.

Tao and Amanda are so cute together! They had me going for a while - all "best friends forever" and stuff... but I'm so glad they're a couple! Mitch is hilarious - as always!
I must say, between Go, Mauricio and Tao... we're not lacking in achievements... but I still miss Naoto. I'm glad his wife is pregnant! Perhaps she'll have a fantastic little boy with all of his father's... achievements. ;) 

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2016, 12:20:56 AM »
I don't see why everyone has problems with Karina being muscular. I think it's cool.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Bro to the Fourth Power?
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2016, 01:58:54 PM »
@Luna264  I love you for standing up for Karina! And Karina thanks you, too!

Week 20/Day 134: Bro to the Fourth Power?

Day 134 (Sun)

I hope you won’t mind that I begin this chapter by introducing the new couples in the household.
These are shot after Tao’s birthday party, with everyone still in their party finery.

First of all, a teen couple consisting of Go Sanada, who is the reigning heir, and his girlfriend Mina Arata.

The next youngest couple are young adult Tao Kaneda and teen Amanda Fyres. She'll will resume her status as his girlfriend in five more days.

The third couple are both young adults—Sara Shin and the recently moved in Mitchell Kalani.

Go: After Tao’s party yesterday, Mitch asked Sara to be his girlfriend.
When she accepted, Mitch was literally jumping for joy. Gotta love a guy who expresses his feelings so honestly!

Mauricio: Go’s elder sister Karina and I make up the fourth couple of the household, but you have seen us both in many pictures, so we spare one of us here.

Karina: However, Mauricio brought home a huge surprise Saturday night! His final promotion to Level 10 Musician!
We’d all assumed that he would max his career next week on Tuesday.
Thanks to his hard work, we are now free to switch aspirations and cancel whims.
We may buy and use radios, stereos, and speakers. We’re no longer limited to the “Practice” interaction on musical instruments.

Go: Sunday passes uneventfully.
When Tao leaves for his first day of work in a Llamacorn costume, everyone politely pretends not to notice.
Mitch finally leaves for work in a white chef outfit. I wonder how long that will last.
Since we are now free to switch aspirations, we’ve all gone crazy doing a few milestones of multiple aspirations.
Which is actually somewhat pointless, since we can’t actually assign reward traits yet.
Oh Tao!  All that blood and tears to maximize your body potential for…this!?

Tao: Why won’t it work?
Why won’t what work, Tao?
Tao: When he changes into his work uniform, he gets that awful default hair!
So I pulled him into our closet, but it only lets me change his five basic outfits!

Amanda: After skilling all day, I take a little stroll to clear my head and look who I run into!
Naoto: How you doing, girl?
Amanda: Not bad at all. And I’m going to be a young adult on Thursday!
Naoto: Hey, Yae and I had a baby boy on Saturday! Y’all should stop by and see him!
We’ll be over on Monday, Naoto, when he becomes a child, okay?  *squees

Day 135 (Mon)

Tao: After everyone’s left for work and school, I head out to Burners & Builders in Oasis Springs with Go, Mitch, and Mauricio.
Now that we can switch around aspirations (thanks to Mauricio), Go and Mitch want to get a start on the Bodybuilder aspiration.

Mauricio just stays out front. He’s already completed Bodybuilder and just wants to write songs now.
Mitch works today, so we don’t stay too long.

Go: After hearing about Naoto and Yae’s little boy, Watchette can’t stop wondering how everyone’s children turned out.
Karina: We always talk about visiting everyone but the household gets so busy when members change!
Ultimately, we hardly ever get out, even though our family lives so close by.
Mauricio: In the evening, Karina bakes a cake and we decide to go visiting.

First stop is the home of Sasuke and Siobhan, Nessa, and her younger brother Erich.
If their daughter Nessa hadn’t had the klepto trait, we would have invited her to stay with us for awhile.

Next, we visit the home of Kenta and Summer Holiday.
They had had the twins Noah and Watson first, then Alonzo right around the time Kenta moved out.
Karina: Wow, Watson is super gorgeous. Watchette, you should save him, even if don’t play blond sims!

The third home we visit belongs to Naoto Sanade and Yae Oguri.
It’s quite late by this time, but we barge right in anyway to age up their son, Cade.
We googled his name and it’s a French name, pronounced like “maid” but with an initial K sound.
Go, I never realized that you were so good with babies! Cade ages up with the Gloomy trait.
Do you think he resembles his father?
Personally, I think Cade is adorable! And he’s so expressive with his hands when he talks!

Mauricio: Finally, Tao and I visit a mystery house, asking Karina to return first to make dinner for the family.
Do you remember the period when Watchette and Karina's parents objected to my dating Karina?
After Kage gave me a firm no, I was “navigated” toward another sim and we tested the waters, resulting in a boy.
Ssshh, no, of course not. Karina has no idea that I already have a child.
I’ll tell her eventually, though, because I’d like to take him with us to Oasis Springs, if his mother agrees.

In the photo below, that’s me on the left. Do you think Karina will figure out that he’s mine? 
And can you guess who the mother is?

Mauricio: Great job, Karina!!! You’re now a Level 8 Trainer to the Stars.
Go: She’s looking happy in the new career outfit she earned for the promotion.
Karina: Thanks, little brother. Now, let me mentor you for my daily task. Thanks for only having Level 3 Fitness!

Mauricio: Yeah, she looks great in her new uniform. By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask you.
Why aren’t you in school today?
Go: My young adult birthday is tomorrow, so I’m taking today and tomorrow off.

Gned the Gnome: Hey, I could have sworn I saw Mitch come home from work in a white uniform the other day.
Tremain the Trashcan: Yeah, me too! But there he goes looking like a repairman with his Fast Food hat!
Mel the Mailbox: Whatever, he’s looking good these days. Has he started wearing lip gloss? Did “someone” pluck his eyebrows?

Go: Why is Amanda always in such a terrible mood when she comes home from school? What are her traits, Tao?
Tao: She’s a cheerful genius, but she sure gets into that angry mood a lot. And it lasts for 8 hours! Like I have time for that.
Go: Yeah, well, Mina’s got a mean look on her face so I’m just going to let her do her homework by herself.
Yeah, after they spend 2-3 hours in the hot tub, getting out of their bad moods. *sighs
And I’m having second thoughts about Tao with Amanda…maybe she’ll change when she becomes a Bro?

Mitch: Hey, man, it’s cool that you and Sara both have the Bro trait!
It’s awesome to come home from a hard day at work, then hang with my bros and watch sports TV!
Tao: Yeah, congrats on your promotion! You chose the Mixologist branch tonight, yeah?
Mitch: Yeah, that’s right. But I’m stuck with this unbecoming work outfit again!
Tao: It’s better than being a Llamacorn.

By the way, the house currently has no one who can write excuse notes or perform high-level Wellness socials.
We need to fix this.

Day 136 (Tue)

Go: Good morning, folks! It’s me, the reigning heir of the Sanada Apocalypse.
I’ve gotten up before everyone else this morning to think about my future.

Watchette, what shall I do about my third trait? Half of the household is gong to be a bro once Amanda ages up.
Yeah, since Mitch has the Bro trait, not only Sara but also Tao and Amanda decided to get the Bro trait in solidarity.
I’ve never played so many bros in one house before.

Go: What about me? Do you think I should join the Bro Cult, too? Should Mina as well?
That’s really up to you, Go. You’re the head of the household now, even if Sara and Mitch are a few days older.

Mauricio: Here’s a shot of Mitch standing beneath his portrait that Kage painted before he left.
Mitch: Hey, Wathchette, that portrait’s from my first day here.
Do you think it’d be possible to do another portrait of me after I’ve slimmed down a little more?
Of course, Mitch.

Go: Sara’s looking fine!  Can you spot Amanda checking out Sara’s spiked collar?

Go: And here’s the birthday boy! I’m a cheerful genius and, since I’m the heir, I added the Family-Oriented trait.
Lots of enthusiastic fist-pumping!

Go: A young adult, at last! Tao, what kind of party outfit is that?
Tao: Hey, no trashing the threads. This is my Party Hardy outfit!
Karina: Boys, boys! Now tell me, Tao, do you think my little brother Go and I look alike?
Tao: May be I honest?
Karina: Sure.
Tao: Then, no.

Your Thoughts?

Once the current household members complete their assigned careers, only three more careers remain.
The challenge becomes slightly easier with each career unlocked, so we will continue pursuing career promotions and renovating the house.

Personally, I would like to see how one child from each of the current couples turns out.
Of course, two of the couples need to have a child to finish out the challenge, because I’m not planning any more move-ins.
Two out of the four couples, however, don’t necessarily need to bear children for careers. If anything, the extra children would only prolong the challenge.

Take, for example, Mauricio Landgraab and Karina Sanada. Mauricio has maxed his career and I could move him out anytime.
Would you be interested in seeing their child? I would basically be moving out a pregnant Karina then visiting the family later. She’s a Level 8 Bodybuilder and should max her career within the next week.

If you have any opinions or thoughts on this matter, I’d love to hear them.

Recap
Mauricio Landgraab (1 day to Adult): maxed Entertainer/Musician.
Karina Sanada-Landgraab (6 days to Adult: Level 8 Athlete/Bodybuilder
Sara Shin (12 days to Adult): Level 5 Astronaut/Interstellar Smuggler
Mitchell Kalani (15 days to Adult): Level 6 Culinary/Mixologist
Tao Kaneda (17 days to Adult): Level 4 Athlete (Pro Athlete)
Go Sanada (20 days to Adult): Level 3 Tech Guru (Starup Enterpreneur)
Amanda Fyres (3 days to YA)
Mina Arata (7 days to YA)

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Bro the the Fourth Power? (new/June 14)
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2016, 04:07:55 PM »
I would love to see what all the kids look like! You have such beautiful sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2016, 05:56:07 PM »
Those kids are all beautiful Sims. What is the name of Mauricio's child? I think his mum must be Liberty Lee. I think Karina and Mauricio should have children, they'd be adorable.

About Mitch's career outfit, I think it is a glitch. Kessy's lipstick is missing from her career outfit, unfortunately we can't change career outfits like we could in Sims 3 (there was a default outfit and we could also choose something else via dresser). So for now I had Kessy quit her career, not sure if she'll be back to normal if she rejoins. I burst out laughing when I saw Mitch jumping for joy!

Is it just me or is Amanda much skinnier than before she started working out?

Congratulations Mauricio, only three more careers left. This has gone by so fast.

EDIT: Watson and Erich are adorable. Erich especially is a great mix of his parents.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2016, 02:59:24 AM »
I love Watson! So handsome!
Oh my goodness, I can't believe you're three careers away! That's coming ridiculously fast! Congratulations!
Karina has had some unfortunate luck with genetics and I feel bad saying that, but that bodybuilding did her NO favors. Go, however, looks adorable!
Oh, I hope Tao and Amanda manage to stay together. I really liked them together. Poor Amanda must have trouble at school or something... :(
I have no preference on the children! Go with your gut on that one. =)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2016, 10:31:20 AM »
@Luna264   Thank you, Luna! I really appreciate your feedback!

@Nettlejuice
Hehe, you are correct! His name is Reid Lee! I changed his hair and he looks so much like his father, but he also has Liberty's looks. Is it his eyes and cheeks? I was so tempted to give him freckles, too, but that would have required the cas.fulleditmode cheat.
Oh that's terrible that Kessy had to quit her job because of a uniform glitch! Mitch's uniform glitch is annoying but tolerable.
Mitch's jumps were so surprising--I've never seen a sim jump so high in my games. And usually the guy crouches and squees, while the girl jumps. (Does it depends on who's asking?)

@LivvieLove
I hope my comment wasn't misleading. My current household has seven in-progress careers; when those are maxed, there will be three careers left.
So actually, 15 down and 10 to go, but one is a three-level teen career that will finish quickly.
The fastest way would be to move in one teen and two young adults for the remaining careers, but I've decided to let everyone have kids instead. :D
About Karina, I have an idea about her facial features--you'll see in the next update.
As for my teen girls, Amanda, I've never had teens come home so upset before. Is it just a case of AGB? (attention-getting behavior)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2016, 02:22:49 PM »
Oh that makes sense! I don't know why I didn't think of the seven you're currently working on! Der!
I don't know what's up with Amanda, but perhaps she IS trying to tell you something. Maybe she's getting picked on in school? :-/
I'm really intrigued now by what you mean with Karina's facial features! She's mostly daddy Kage - and Kage's features look great on boys, I feel. Go looks gorgeous!
I really would love to see Mauricio's kids though, mostly for more Sanada genes to be reconnected into the line. ::)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2016, 05:10:05 PM »
Just caught up.  Phew!  So much I missed but now enjoyed.  I have to say that lately pretty much ANYONE I have coming home from either work or school always have some sort of negative moodlet and angry is most often the one.  It's like no one is ever happy any more or even "fine".  Have you noticed the NPCs walking around?  They are mostly either stomping or moping.  I really think EA needs to fix this.  It's tiresome to always having to fight bad moods, and it doesn't matter what their age.  From kids on up folks are just not in a good place anymore.  However, once they are old enough, whoo hoo often fixes the problem if you can even get them to agree to that.

Your Sims are gorgeous and I love your house!  It's nice to see how those awful cubes can grow into something really attractive and unique.  Oh, and I'd love to see more kids!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2016, 05:35:21 PM »
@LivvieLove
Thank you for the Mauricio/Karina baby vote.

@Joria
Thank you for letting me know about your experience with unhappy kids. It's not happening with sims coming from work (if I remember to switch off Word Hard), and occurs most frequently with my teen girls.
Really? You're unhappy and can't do homework until 7 pm, after you've chilled out then had dinner? Really makes it harder to love these sims, lol.
Oh and yes, I do see lots of sad sims moping around the hood; that's been going on for awhile but affects me less since they're not in the household.
And I'm just two promotions away from maxing Bodybuilder, Joria, after which I'll be able move objects of any size around. I'm excited about being able to redo the house at that point!
Thanks for reading! And looking forward to your restaurant!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: First Comes Love, Next Comes Marriage
« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2016, 02:14:25 PM »
@KRae
Thanks so much for weighing in, KRae.  ALL the babies, it will be! And happy anniversary to you and your husband!

Week 20/Day 137: First Comes Love,  Next Comes Marriage

Day 137 (Wed)

Mitch: Today starts out like any other day. By the afternoon, only Mauricio, Amanda, and I are left at home.
Amanda is home from school today because her young adult birthday is tomorrow.
I’m still trying to get in shape (despite my Lazy trait) and my efforts jibe perfectly with Karina’s daily “Mentor fitness” task.

Not surprisingly, Mina returns home from school tense, requiring 2 hours in the sauna before she can do anything else. Why?

Amanda, who usually comes home from school angry, looks quite happy for a change.
She’s started taking short trips to outer space in preparation for becoming a Space Ranger.
You're so observant @Nettlejuice ! Amanda has become excessively thin--I might put her on the weightlifting machine for a little bit.

While Tao and Go are still at work, Mauricio celebrates his adult birthday not long after the notice arrives.
Girls, after all he’s done for this household, that was a pretty pathetic celebration you gave Mauricio!

Day 138 (Thu)

You’d think that Go and Tao might have turned into vampires or werewolves.
But no, they are just each telling an Epic Story in front of their mirrors to level up Charisma.

We visit the Harbor Quarter Gym in Windenberg, where Sara, Amanda, and Mitch get tutored.
Today’s not the first time that Don Lothario comes over and tries chatting up Sara.
Mitch doesn’t even bother to worry; he knows Don’s no competition for The Mixologist!

Gned the Gnome: Hey, check out who’s finally going to work in his culinary outfit!
Tremain the Trashcan: Wow, remember how chubby he was when he first arrived?
Mel the Mailbox: Hubba, hubba, Mitch is looking fiiine these days!
A kimono looks best on a slim profile, so Mitch’s been working out regularly for that! And it really shows!
AN: Mitch still sporadically leaves for work in that repairman’s outfit.

Day 139 (Fri)

Amanda: We wait for Mitch to come home from work at 1 a.m. to celebrate my young adult birthday.
Everyone enthusiastically joins in the fist-pumping before I blow out the candles!

After I’ve aged up, though, everyone except Mina (who blows a horn, bless her heart!) looks like they could care less!
Mauricio has taken a seat as if he’s some old man and Go is standing off to the side, staring at the wall. Hmmph!
Mauricio: I believe you were seated during my birthday celebration, Amanda!

I’ve added the Bro trait so that I won’t be left out of the Bro camaraderie among Mitch, Sara, and Tao.
Oh, and I guess I should join the Astronaut career, too!
And now I’m finally a young adult, Tao!  Rawrr!

Amanda: I’m going to make sure Tao understands very clearly that he’s mine!
By the way, is that heart shape made from closet dust?

Tremain the Trashcan: Is it just me, Gned, or would you agree that the astronaut career is a surprising choice for Sara?
Gned the Gnome: Well, at this stage of the challenge, there are fewer careers to choose from.
The two astronaut careers are especially challenging because they require three skills.
Mel the Mailbox: Sara looks good in anything!

Tao: Naoto phoned and asked if he could come visit today. He’s such a cool guy.
Some people look at Naoto, see his punk hair and tattoos, then conclude that he’s just a thug.
His family and close friends know better. He’s actually really book smart as well as street smart!
Today, he’s mentoring me in Handiness.

Mina: Since today is Friday and it’s my young adult birthday next Tuesday, today’s my turn to take the day off from school.
Actually, I’m never going back to school, since I have an A already and enough vacation days left.
Because I’m going to join the Painter career, I’ve been working on the painter aspiration ever since I moved in.
Once Karina clears the Bodybuilder career, Watchette will build a new room for easels, musical instruments, and children’s art tables.
For now, I continue to paint in the back corner of the main room, simply because this easel can’t be moved.

Gned the Gnome: Oh thank Carl, Tao’s no longer wearing that awful Llamacorn outfit!
Mel the Mailbox: I don’t know, I kinda miss the boys going to high school shirtless…
*stifles a "Me, too!"

Mitch: This afternoon, Karina comes home with a promotion to Level 9 Celebrity Bodybuilder.
I know the plan is for Mauricio to move out soon, so it’s time for me to move forward as well.
There’s only a two-hour overlap between the time Sara gets home from work at 4 pm and I leave for work at 6.
That’s enough time, though, for me to pop the question.

The wedding arch is still stuck downstairs in the basement and we can’t place one outside in the yard, either.
That’s why Sara and I decide to elope immediately.
Sara, my darling wife!  You are my first, my last, my everthing!
Sara: Uh, Mitch, sweetheart, isn’t that from a song by Barry White?
Mitch: Busted….but it’s still true!

Day 140 (Sat)

Mitch: I’m just so happy about being married to Sara! I decide to throw a dinner party since we couldn’t have a wedding party.
Also, I have two milestones for Chef and Mixologist to complete. Getting the “Fresh Chef” trait would be really useful, right?
Tao: Hey, bro, all that working out is really paying off, but I think that’s the wrong party outfit!

Mitch: When I’m choosing who to invite as guests, both Naoto and Keith Patel (Naoto’s child with Zoey) show up so I invite them both.
I hire Go’s mother—Daia Sanada—as our caterer, although no one seems to remember if she can actually cook or not.

Since it’s been a while, we decide to age up Keith to a teen.
He looks so much like Zoey, except he has Naoto’s eyebrows and perhaps his nose.

Mitch: I’ve made my three drinks at a single social event and earn a silver medal for this party. Time to call it a wrap.

My lovely lady, thank you for becoming my wife! *gives Sara a suave kiss
Sara: *swoons

Mitch: Sara, dear, why are you reading?
Sara: I am supposed to be “professing my undying love,” but the game apparently doesn’t trust me to think up my own lines.
Whatever. My adorable Mitch, I am yours until the end of time or, at least, until the end of this challenge.

Mitch: We need Mauricio to move out! That would leave room for Karina to get pregnant, then move out!
She’ll max Bodybuilder on her next shift on Monday—that’s just two days from now.
Sara: And then, what next, dear? *bats eyelashes innocently
Mitch: You know very well what’s coming next!  *waggles eyebrows mischievously

Career Recap

Mauricio Landgraab: Level 10 Musician (moving out)
Karina Sanada-Landgraab (1 day to adult): Level 9 Athlete/Bodybuilder
Sara Shin-Kalani (7 days to adult): Level 6 Astronaut
Mitch Kalani (9 days to adult): Level 7 Culinary/Mixologist
Tao Kaneda (13 days to adult): Level 5 Athlete/Pro Athlete
Go Sanada (16 days to adult): Level 5 Tech Guru
Amanda Fyres (19 days to adult): Level 3 Astronaut
Mina Arata (3 days to young adult): Level 0 Painter

The time approaches to bring in a new generation! Wheee!