Author Topic: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge [Completed]  (Read 81071 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Introducing Izaiah Landgraab (June 23)
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2016, 11:04:48 AM »
@Joria
After reading your post, I googled your Rose Festival and it looks so amazing! Thanks for complimenting the sims! It's helped that the AC allows me to import sims instead of using the usual townies.
Looking forward to your updates! I don't envy having to work on updates for three different challenges--you've got incredible simming perseverance!

@FrancescaFiori
Thank you for reading! I'm facing a kind of dilemma about who to move in  now. I'll explain more after I post images of Makoa and Jade as teens.

@Nettlejuice
Haha, I've gotten all the booths and lanterns up but now I'm stalling about placing all the separate food items. I'm building in another file so that's young adult Tao in a kimono (a yukata is a kimono made of cotton).
Izaiah aged up in that outfit since I completely forgot that the Landgraabs would have a dresser (I was looking for a closet, stupid me). Anyway, child makeovers aren't as fun as teen makeovers.
After my latest update (which I'm posting today), I'm feeling confused about who to move in. About the shirtless restaurant, I'm working on it. *winks

@KRae
You're exactly right--I will have no more babies in this challenge. Still a few more teen makeovers left though.

@LivvieLove
Yes, Izaiah's a little cutie! I wonder if he'll look more like his father or his grandfather when he grows up.
Amanda has been soooo slow in her career, but has been doing much better since maxing charisma. Thanks for all the nice words about the household!

@Luna264
I'm not sure if there will be any shenanigans, to be honest. But I've set the lot to "Generic" so that other sims will also visit, which reminds me that I should add non-festival objects for them to interact with...The festival is still a few updates away.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: The Force Is Strong in This One
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2016, 11:22:53 AM »
Week 23/Day 158: The Force Is Strong in This One

Day 158 (Wed)

Tao: Now that we’ve got an incentive for gathering reward points, most of the adults in the house have started fishing.
We’re surprised to see how many townies decide to join us, including Kenta Sanada who lives just across the street from us.

Tremain the Trashcan: I’ll always be a fan of Amanda. When did she start wearing that black spacesuit?
Gned the Gnome: I’m not sure, Tremain. This house is experiencing glitches with work outfits.
Mel the Mailbox: Remember Mitch? When he maxed Mixology, he came home dressed in those Level 1 Culinary threads with the tool belt.
Tremain: Hmmm, Sara in the white spacesuit or Amanda in the black spacesuit—so hard to choose!
Mel: Oh please, the L10 Interstellar Smuggler outfit is hands-down the best work outfit in the game!

Go: My lovely Mina has been learning to play the violin. She hasn’t maxed it in time to mentor Jade or Makoa, but there’s still time.
More importantly, little Jade will eventually join the Painter/Artist of the Real career, so Mina can mentor her in painting during Jade’s teen years.

Mitch: I’m so proud of Sara! Even though she’s a genius, she managed to stay away from chess and video gaming long enough to reach Level 10 Writing.
Our boy Makoa will join the Writer/Author career and, as in the case of Jade, Sara will be mentoring Makoa in writing while he’s in high school.
Mina: Sara looks so professional, sitting there at the Journalist career desk with the Business career chair.

Sara: We really need to fire this maid! I saw her throw out a freshly made plate of experimental food (the black plate), while ignoring a half-eaten plate of breakfast scramble.
I’ve also noticed that she’ll spend an hour or so, just staring into the space in the basement. Why?

If I fire her, will we get a replacement? One way to find out.
I hear that sometimes a new maid appears, but other times no maid appears at all. We’ll see.
Sara: *fires the maid
Maid: *struts out with a smug look on her face

Sara: Good afternoon, this is Sara Kalani at Rippling Flats in Newcrest. I just dismissed our useless maid and wish to schedule a new one?
Do I have any preferences?
Well, now that you ask, I’d prefer that the maid NOT be a young woman in a French maid’s outfit. How about a young Brazilian guy, perhaps a Paolo look-alike?
Oh, you’ll see what you can do? Thanks, we look forward to meeting them!

Mitch: Today, we had two promotions in the house. Mina is now a Level 9 Patron of the Arts, while Amanda is a Level 8 Space Ranger. Way to go, ladies!
Mina: To celebrate, I asked to come here to the Italian restaurant La Bovine.
I learned the Gourmet Cooking skill lately, so I think it’d be fun if Mitch and I collaborated to learn all the experimental dishes!

Tao: As soon as we get a table, Watchette pulls a chair out from the table to get a better screenshot, causing us to reset and lose our table. Nice work, Watchette!
Mitch: I’ll go request this table again.  Sheesh.
Albert: *starts doing homework and Tao comes over to help
Watchette: *feels ashamed

Mina: Jade and Makoa are still working on their Social Butterfly aspiration, so Tao invites along his sons for our children to befriend.
That’s Kyle with the pink hair, Albert with the pink-tipped blonde hair, and Makoa being adorable.

Tao: I’m the one who extended the dinner invitations—it’s a very different crowd tonight.
Go, Sara, and Amanda stayed home to give up their places.
Besides my twins, @Nettlejuice had wanted to see the made-over Cade, Naoto’s son.
That’s Cade with the black sweater. Even without the tattoos and scar, he looks a lot like his father.

Tao (glaring): Uh, Mina, you can stop staring at Cade any time now. Also, he’s still a teenager.
Mitch: Unbelievable! Go is going to wring our necks, Tao!
Tao: Cade, the cougar magnetism runs strong in your family.
Mina: *continues to make eyes at Cade
Mitch: Tragically, La Bovine serves no experimental dishes, Mina. I thought you and I could order different dishes then taste each other’s meal at home.
Mina: *could care less about experimental dishes at the moment

Jade: Uncle Tao, I’m bored! Mom just sits there, making goo-goo eyes at Cade, and ignores me!
Tao: Hey, Mina, snap out of it and eat your meal. You’re making everyone uncomfortable.

Jade: Uncle Tao, I can’t wait till I grow up!
Tao: Why, so you can go with your family to nice restaurants?
Jade: Not that, Uncle Tao. I want a handsome, attentive husband like Dad but also have a hawt underage boyfriend like Cade…just like Mom wants!
Tao: Jade, where did you learn to talk like that!

Tao (mutters): No, no, no, Cade! Stop smiling at her like that! *groans

Mina: Did you just say something to me, Jade? I’m a little distracted this evening.
Jade: Moooom, stop staring at him. You’re embarrassing us. Sheesh, we can’t take you anywhere!
Mina didn’t actually say or do anything conspicuously inappropriate, but she stared a hole through that boy over dinner.
I thought it was bad (for Go) but hilarious at the same time. History repeats itself.

Mitch: So, Jade, what did you think?
Jade: Well, Cade’s pretty cute for a teenager but if we held a ”Who’s the Cutest contest,” pink-haired Kyle and blonde Albert wouldn’t do too shabby, either.
Mitch: I meant the meal, Jade, the meal! What did you think about the meal?

Day 159 (Thu)

Mina (gushes): Oooh, is that Cade walking by in his everyday outfit?
Go: Who’s Cade again?
Tao and Mitch: *whistle innocently

Jade: Makoa and I skip school today but we invite Kyle and Albert over to the house after school lets out.
Makoa: When the game ends, we spam the twins with socials until they become our friends. We’ve now completed all four aspirations.
Jade: So, Makoa, what shall we do now until our teen birthdays tomorrow night?
Makoa: I don’t know, Jade. Drink moodlet solvers and level charisma?
Without “mood rooms,” completing the four childhood aspirations pretty much took up their entire childhood.
You might think going to restaurants might have slowed things down, but that's where they level Social.

Mitch: You know what? If the kids are going to be up all night skilling Charisma, we might as well go to another restaurant.
We went to La Bovine the other day to celebrate Mina's promotion. Amanda, where do you want to go to celebrate yours?
Amanda: I’ve always wanted to eat at Chez Sul Sul!

Mina: The bad news is that Chez Sul Sul doesn’t serve experimental dishes! With a name like that, you'd think they'd serve nouvelle cuisine, right?
I realize that I could have just gone in and changed all the menus to Experimental, but I've not gotten serious about Dining Out yet.

Mitch: The good news is that it has a table for eight, which is good to know!
Up to know we’ve visited three other premades with a table for eight: Shimuzu and La Bovine both have an eight-sim table outdoors, while Chez Llama has a indoor table for eight sims.
Go: Other good news: the kids can spam friendly socials on six captive adults!

Tao: At the next table, you can spot Clare Bjergsen chatting up Erich Fyres, who’s sitting next to his father Sasuke. Really, Clare?
Cade better make sure to stay away from Clare!
Go: Why?
Tao and Mitch: *suddenly find their meals verrrrry fascinating

Sara: Can you see the little hearts floating down around Mitch? I can’t believe that Sasuke did an Enchanting Introduction on my husband!
Mitch: I just checked my Relationship Panel and I have a very small pink bar with Sasuke. I guess all that working out shows! *preens
Omg, omg, omg, now I’m in a Very Flirty mood. I better not look Sara in the eye…
Sara: Mitchell Kalani, stop grinning like an idiot. *mutters to herself: Hmmm, maybe I should fatten Mitch up a little, so things like this won’t happen!
I have no idea what got into Sasuke! Poor Mitch! Poor Sara!

Day 160 (Fri)

Mitch: We end up visiting Watchette’s Iyashi restaurant again, because we still have another day until the kids’ birthday and we’re all tired of skilling!
I just added a dresser to this restaurant. Hmmmm, maybe I’ll put a dresser in all the restaurants!

Mina: Also, now that I’ve learned Gourmet Cooking, I’m determined to learn an experimental dish!
Mitch: Don’t forget! We’re gonna order different dishes and share once we get back home!
Sara: Mitch decided to wear his kimono and hakama (rather like culottes and worn over a kimono)—he looks quite dashing, don’t you think?

Sorry for visiting three restaurants in one update, but there’s nothng for Amanda and Mina to do until their next work day.
Plus a restaurant visit is such a great way to build Charisma and kill time simultaneously.
I’ll be adding a very short post in a few hours, after Makoa and Jade have had their birthdays, mainly just to share the teen makeovers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: The Force Is Strong in This One (June 24)
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »
*faints after seeing Mitch in a kimono* I should download some myself!

What is it with all the cougars? Sheesh, Cade is too good looking, I was laughing so much over Mina being so distracted and Go having no clue. Tao side eyeing Mina, that's hilarious!

I also love the Smuggler outfit over the Space Ranger (too much like a uniform for my taste). Go Amanda, you'll get there soon!

I can't believe Sasuke! Another person for Kessy to beat up. Mitch needs to wear something that doesn't make him so attractive. And have a horrible hairstyle. And clown shoes, that should do it  ;)

I loved seeing the different restaurants from a visitors point of view, I'm getting tired of running my restaurant, lol. I spotted a mistake, when they're visiting Chez Sul Sul you've called Mina Mains and used Amanda twice in one sentence.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2016, 07:51:28 PM »
@Nettlejuice
I was going to wait until the festival, but he'll be wearing a kimono then so I thought I'd treat you to his hakama look.
Really, I don't know--it's some sort of Naoto pheromone that he passed on to his son Cade, perhaps.

Thanks for catching those typos! I proofread in a Word file several times then proofread again after I post using Preview mode, but I can never catch everything.
I hope you like how Makoa looks as a teen...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2016, 08:18:41 PM »
Aww! I love the restaurant bonding time and I absolutely DIED when Mina was making eyes at Cade.
I'm still laughing. Oh Mina... and Go is so oblivious. Tao and Mitch constantly ducking their heads is too funny.

I can't wait to see the kids as teens! I bet they're gorgeous. =) ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: The Fifth-Generation Teens
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »

@LivvieLove
I think Naoto might have broken this game file!!! Fortunately, Mina is not popping any inappropriate whims, just staring... a lot. Thank you for laughing!

So sorry! This was going to be a short update but I’ve realized anew that I’m absolutely incapable of playing at Speed 3 or even Speed 2.
As a result, here’s another update of unrepented silliness with lots of kiddie spam because…I couldn’t help myself.

Week 23/Day 161: The Fifth-Generation Teens!

The last update ended in the middle of the family’s visit to Iyashi.

Day 161 (Sat)

Mina: In an ambitious attempt to fill up our Experimental Dishes Photo Collection, we each order a different dish.

Tao: When the food arrives, I unexpectedly learn Gourmet Cooking from taking a photo of my meail, even though I only have Level 3 Cooking.
And by the way, I got food poisoning from my recent meal at Chez Sul Sul. After I reported it, I received $207 which covered our bill at that restaurant.
When I check my moodlets just now, I see a Happy +1 “Survived food poisoning” moodlet. I wonder how long the original moodlet lasts in total?

By the way, there’s a rock garden to the side of the entrance but it lacks pizazz.
And the view of the sand garden from the bar area looks so boring. I will need to replace it with something else.
Actually, I plan to redo the entire interior of the restaurant.

Jade: Dad, Both Uncle Mitch and Uncle Tao don’t have jobs and they’re both fathers, right?
Go: Yes, that’s right, dear.  Why do you ask?
Jade: Well, I’m confused. Why does my Relationship Panel describe Uncle Mitch as a “stay-at-home dad” but Uncle Tao as “unemployed”?
Go: I guess that’s because your Uncle Tao doesn’t get to live with his sons, Jade.
Hah, took me forever to figure this out!

Mitch: Once Mina and I learn the dishes we ordered, Mina goes ahead and orders more food for everyone.
Of course, they are all dishes that have never been photographed for the Collection.
Mina: In total, we order three courses!

Mitch: We get home from Iyashi quite late, but not too late for me to offer my gal @Nettlejuice some fan service!
*giggles

Mitch: The animations when preparing an experimental dish are pretty cool!
I’m making two dishes so Mina and Tao can each learn one.

Tao: Meanwhile, I’ve boosted my Cooking skill to Level 6 and Gourmet Cooking to Level 2.
And here you thought I was just a pretty face, right? I’m in the process of learning Mitch’s Tiger Shrimp dish.

Tao: When I spot Albert on the pirate ship, I invite him here and read to him for two hours.
Since he’s a Bookworm, does he get more enjoyment when someone reads to him?
Maybe I should arrange for Nana and the twins to live closer!

Mina: I’m just a half-tick away from maxing Patron of the Arts! Tomorrow, definitely!
Preparing an experimental dish is pretty special!

Go: We’ve hung all our Experimental Food Photos upstairs.
When I tried posting one of the photos on Simstagram, Cade immediately posted a comment on my photo:
“That looks so ridiculously delicious! It makes me want to eat my screen!”
Getting a comment from Cade really surprised me. I’m sure I haven’t seen him since I aged him up to a child at Naoto’s house.
I guess that’s why he remembers me so well!
I love these little details that the Dining Out creators included!

Two last shots of Jade and Makoa sitting with Albert, because they won’t be children much longer!

Go: I was going to have Mitch or me phone in the party for the kids’ birthdays.
But only Tao knew everyone we wanted to invite so Tao’s  become one of the hosts.
Mitch: For this household’s first ever party, we’re going to throw a dinner party so that Mina and Tao can complete a Master Chef milestone.
Go: Phone it in, Tao!
Tao: Now that the party's started, I make three drinks for a party milestone.
I’m suddenly dying of thirst!

Mina: Wow, if I’d known how many ladies Tao had invited to this party, I would have suggested we hold it a club!
That way, our Jade could have enjoyed a performance by The Dancers! Looking good, Paolo!
Just to be clear here, the adult male sims have several options for their party outfit but they managed to autonomously choose the bowtie collar.
Except for Mitch, so I had to change his outfit since I'm such a stickler for coordination. *coughs

Go: Our caterer Great-Grandma Yuki has been wonderful about cleaning up but she hasn’t done any, you know, cooking!

Makao: I age up first. I’m very nervous about how I’m going to look, surrounded as I am by so many handsome hunks!

Mina: Makoa, you little scamp! First Tao snatches a piece of your birthday cake while I’m trying to relight the candles.
And now you run off with a piece of the second cake before I can light the candles, so I’ll need a third cake for Jade.
And by the way, you’re gorgeous, Makoa!
Makoa: *blushes
Makoa is really attractive! I haven’t done a makeover yet but he looks really great in that outfit!

Jade: Gee, Uncle Tao, thank you for eating a piece of the first birthday cake through my chest!
Tao: No problem, birthday girl! I thought the cake’s color would go well with your eyes and your top!

Makoa aged up with the dark purple sweater for his party outfit so I replaced his slacks with leather pants and based his other outfits on that color.
From left to right: Everyday, Formal, Party.

Go had wanted his daughter to have light green hair like his, so she does! She looks so much like her mother. Everyday, Formal, Party.

I was so curious about how the teens resembled their parents, so I ended up making another collage.

I hope you don’t mind that I’m using this challenge to explore the Dining Out Expansion Pack.
In addition, while the genetic mysteries of my sims and their offspring continue to fascinate me, spending morning to night just skilling does not.
All the sims in the house, except Makoa and Jade, are done skilling except if they want to complete aspirations. So there’s not been much to do with these sims for the past several days.

Only about six sim-weeks left to this challenge, enough time for Makoa and Jade to become young adults and complete their respective careers.
Thank you for joining me on this journey of silliness.
And, oh yes, the festival is coming once the household consists of its final eight sims!

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: The Fifth-Generation Teens (June 24)
« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2016, 12:55:22 AM »
They look so lovely! I must say, I'm jealous of your sims' genetics.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2016, 01:37:27 AM »
Congratulations on making it this far! You can do it! I love Makoa and Jade!
I know you'll probably leave it up to them, but do I smell a potential romantic interest coming from it?

I don't want to start shipping too early on but... (ship ship ship)!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2016, 01:11:34 PM »
Ah, I have to laugh quietly, my niece is sleeping! Mina, stop noticing how gorgeous Makoa is  ;) The kids wound up with both parents features and both are absolutely stunning  :o Thank you for that solo shot of Mitch, it made my day brighter!

I think the food poisoning buff last for 3-4 hours, I could be wrong, Fortunately none of my Sims have suffered from it yet.

The experimental food cooking is so pretty, I love how you've captured them at the right time. And I noticed you've redecorated by adding in better quality furniture, things look brighter and not so apocalyptic now.

The Dancers outfit must the the favoured outfit, that's why they autonomously choose it  ;) I'm jumping up and down, I can't wait to see who will join the house and the festival.

The amount of typos I have is shocking and I've been lazy in my editing. I'll get it done. One day.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: June 25, 2016, 03:01:07 PM »
I never seem to have really interesting things to say about your story no matter how much I love it.  However, there is one statement that must be made relative to those two birthday kids, vavavaVOOOOM!  They are truly gorgeous.  I've never really liked Mitch's looks but they sure are gorgeous in Makoa.  As for Jade, I didn't think anyone could be prettier than her father till now.  Those gorgeous green eyes!  Thanks for posting all the stuff about Dining Out!  So far I'm still too chicken to work with it but it's getting more and more intriguing.

I totally understand all the going to restaurants thing.  My Sims are at the "this is so boring what can I possibly write about stage."  Maybe I should have them dine out!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2016, 03:56:25 PM »
@Luna264
Thank you for the compliment. I've been very deliberately pairing up the couples. The male sims have all been in-game offspring, but I imported CAS-created females for all the female sims except Sara.
But the Deity of Sims Genetics has been particularly generous to me in this challenge.

@LivvieLove
You are too funny! By the way, I'm sorry if all restaurants seemed boring. TO be fair, the real fun of the Dine Out DLC lies in designing and running your own restaurant(s).
Doing that would take me too far away from this challenge, so the household has just been visiting the premade restaurants for socializing and a change of scene.
And by the way, a special shot of our favorite couch potato at the end of the next update, lol.  ;D

@KRae
Yes! And because of that, I'm kind of wanting my next challenge to allow me to use a bin clone...I miss reading your stories!
You realize, of course, that I've been very influenced by your Family Empire challenge! All dem nooboos!

@Nettlejuice
Yes, thanks to Go's unlock, the house is now furnished with nothing but the best! I replaced every bed, sofa/loveseat, kitchen appliance, bathroom objects, everything! It's heavenly!  ::)
Ahhh, the festival, part of me wants to wait until everyone can wear kimonos....

@Joria
Thank you for the kind words. Makoa has to be the most unique-looking male sim I've had in my game, no doubt because of the pale skintone of his mother. Mitch has a rather square jaw but Sara has a pointy jaw, so Makoa ended up with a regular jaw, lol.
As for Jade, I still think she's not as lovely as her father, hehe. For some reason, she has a very small chin which she inherited from neither parent.
Don't be chicken! Visiting the restaurants is a no-risk activity and gives you an idea of what you yourself like or don't like.
And yes, I think master chef JD would totally love gushing over the experimental dishes!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Something Old, Something New
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2016, 04:06:18 PM »
Week 24/Day 162: Something Old, Something New

Day 162 (Sun)

Go: By the time they became teens, Jade had reached Level 8 Charisma and Makoa, Level 7.
So we could say visiting all those restaurants was not a complete waste of time.

Also, before we move on to Sunday’s events, I’d just like to point out how stunning Mom (Daia Sanada) looked at the party last night.
Unfortunately, we could not invite Dad (Kage) because of his kleptomaniac trait.
Mina: I heard about the time your Dad swiped your father’s portrait, painted by the founder Satoru!

Go: As expected, Mina comes home this afternoon with her Level 10 Patron of the Arts promotion!
Now we can finally sell all those paintings we’ve been holding onto since the first generation!
Mina: Except that we don’t, because our household funds are near $1 million now.
Tao: I agree, let’s wait for our last household member to move in!

Day 163 (Mon)

Gned the Gnome: Aahhh, there go our fifth generation teens, off to their first day of high school!
Tremain the Trashcan: They sure grew up into handsome kids!
Mel the Mailbox: We’ll have to be careful—Jade might turn into another moody one.

Day 164 (Tue)

Jade: I invite Watson Holiday over after school today. Watson is my grandma Daia Sanada’s cousin, which makes him my I-don’t-know-what.
Anyway, we’re the same age and he attends the same high school as Makoa and me.

Makoa: Watson’s feeling Very Sad today. Jade tells him to stop being so emo, but I try to console him.
Hey, Watson, you’ll feel better maybe if you talk about what’s bothering you.
Jade: You’re both emos! *ignores the boys and does her homework

Makoa: After that, Watson never finished his homework. Dude, at least put your homework away!
He must have been watching Comedy TV. I later see that he’s followed Tao into the sauna and is feeling Playful.
Watson: Thanks for the pep talk, Uncle Tao!

Amanda: Soooooo, guess who came home at 6 o’clock with a promotion to Level 9 Space Ranger!?
I work two more shifts this week, so if the household would just stay home and support me…who knows?
It seems to me that a working sim's mood boosts fade quite quickly when the rest of the family leave the lot to spend time elsewhere.

Jade: Now that Amanda’s home, everyone comes with me to the Willow Creek Art Museum where I work on my Painter aspiration.
Tao makes drinks for everyone, Uncle Mitch plays piano, and everyone else just chills and socializes.
Makoa: I’ve been dying to go clubbing, even with the ‘rents, so we head over to Narwahl Arms Nightclub.
The senior kids at school tell me that my household is quite notorious for clubbing. I wonder why.
Go: Hey, Tao, Mitch! Look, we are actually doing a group dance with eight sims! It’s a first for us, I think.

Mitch: Don’t look at me, Go. I have “that outfit,” but I’ve never publicly performed with The Dancers.
Tao: Don’t feel bad, Mitch! We kitted out Makoa with “that outfit,” too! Your time will come!

Go: I remember Paolo being part of The Dancers. Did Dad recruit Marcus Flex, too?
Tao: Nope, but he should have!  *Takes Marcus to closet

Makoa: Gah, Uncle Tao, I just became a teen a few days ag!
You’re going to make me dance next to that muscle machine Marcus Flex?
Tao: Not tonight, son, not tonight.

Mina: Just when we’re all about danced out and ready to go home, Amanda gets down on one knee in front of Paolo.
Amanda: Darling Paolo, please say you will be mine! I would love you and cherish you forever!
I would never ever feed you to a cowplant! Stay with me always!

Paolo: How long I’ve been waiting for you to get over Tao and say those words to me, Amanda!
Amanda: *mutters: Uh, yeah, you could have also tried making the first move…
Paolo: I can’t! I’m just a townie!

Day 165 (Wed)

Amanda: I’ve done everything I can to boost Energized for work today—an aromatherapy massage plus incense, a bath with soaks plus incense, and finally the Energy Centering yoga routine.
Thanks to my engagement with Paolo, I also have a Happy +3 moodlet.
I’m ready to show the world what I can do!

Mina: The rest of us are just trying to stay productively busy.
I’m writing my third song for violin, while Sara’s been trying to write those last two bestsellers for weeks now.
Mitch is basking in the glory of having written his fourth song for the piano!

Go: Meanwhile, Tao and I want to reach Level 8 Wellness in order to perform the “Recommend Self-Esteem Exercises” social.
Once the kids get jobs, they’ll achieve better results with the Negotiate Bonus interaction if they’re in a Very Confident mood.

Movie night in the Apocalypse Haus.
All watch with rapt attention as the canine protagonist, lost in Egypt, remembers happier days.
Go: Dude, how many of you can still remember that teeny-tiny Penguin TV?
Sara: Watchette, could you buy more seating so all eight of us could sit down together?

Go: After the movie, I pay a visit to my nephew Izaiah in Oasis Springs to age him up to a teen.
Hey, everyone, check out this photo of Mauricio, his son Izaiah with my sister Karina, and his son Reid with Liberty Lee.
Mina: Since they share the same hairstyle, their similarities and differences become easier to spot. I think Reid’s the cutest!

Day 166 (Thu)

Mitch: Tao’s really been improving his cooking skills!
Today he makes the time to prepare a cake for a special occasion.

Gned the Gnome: Yes, folks, your eyes do not deceive you! I have emerged from the glass cage at last, because…
Amanda: I took longer than every other sim in this challenge to complete my career, but I finally did it!
I’ve reached Level 10 of the Astronaut/Space Ranger career!
Now we may place objects outdoors without walls or ceilings; we mays sleep outside in tents; we may vacation in Granite Falls.
We may stargaze, cloudgaze, and use the telescope to observe the sky; we may enable the mood areas of objects.  Woopee!

Tao: Hey, Amanda, the rest of us have prepared a little surprise for you!
Whoosh! For the first time in this challenge, a wedding party for you and Paolo!

As this challenge is nearing the end, I opted to simply download wedding-related lots from the Gallery, rather than build my own.
The current lot is “Japanese Garden + Wedding” by korta11. To use the lot for the wedding, I had to recategorize it from “National Park” to “Nightclub.”
Providing background on the adjacent lot is a fantastic Japanese house called “Washiki house” (written in Japanese characters) by Simneko mofumofu.

Mitch: On the right of the arch, you can see the wedding cake that Tao baked, his first cake ever!

Because everyone deserves a happily ever after…

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Something Old, Something New
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2016, 04:07:47 PM »
And here’s two additional shots that didn't fit within the image limit, but I just needed to share.

@LivvieLove , this first one’s for you! Our beloved Bathrobe Queen, Erika Sanada, strutting her stuff!

And finally, because I’m too excited to think about a cliffhanger, I’d like to introduce the sim who will soon be joining the household, Kyle (Tao’s son).

Remaining Careers
Writer/Author (Makoa Kalani)
Painter/Artist of the Real (Jade Sanada)
Teen/Barista (Kyle)

Unlike their predecessors, Jade and Makoa will start out with the Connections and Entrepreneurial traits.
Once they become young adults, they'll join their careers at Level 4 and hopefully make smooth (and quick!) progress with their promotions.
Kyle needs to get an A in school, so he can start the Barista job at Level 2 then get one final promotion.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Something Old, Something New (June 26)
« Reply #269 on: June 26, 2016, 08:52:42 PM »
Awww! What a sweet happy ending for Amanda. Erika looks fantastic out of that bathrobe. She must be showing off to remind Paolo she was the one he was originally supposed to marry. ;)
And yay! I get my wish. I'm sure Kyle will make a truly adorable barista (and dancer?)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything