Author Topic: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge [Completed]  (Read 81049 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: If a T-Rex Attacks You (Newer: July 15b)
« Reply #315 on: July 16, 2016, 12:16:39 PM »
Hmmm. Looks like Jade is a member of Cougars Anonymous, too. I'm sure it's fine, though. Albert needs some training to catch up with his brother.
I didn't have a guess about the pigtailed girl last time, but now I'm wondering if she might be Amanda and Paolo's daughter. I can't wait to find out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #316 on: July 16, 2016, 01:14:12 PM »
This challenge has been an amazing story! I'm sad to see it ending soon, but at the same time I can hardly wait for whatever you're going to do next!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #317 on: July 16, 2016, 02:01:02 PM »
I love this and will be super sad to see it end, but, I'm also super excited to see what you come up with next and I second Joria's request for some Sanada *cough* achievements *cough* on the Gallery, please! Is 33 to young to be an Anonymous Cougar? If not, sign me up and please accept my subscription fee *hands over simoleons with joy*
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #318 on: July 17, 2016, 07:25:05 AM »
@LivvieLove
Thanks for the kind words about the T-Rex convo. I spent a stupidly long time trying to write dialogue to go with that shot--I'm not even sure why.

@FrancescaFiori and @Magpie2012
Thank you for laughing with me over the cougar magnet jokes, beginning with the tattooed Naoto. Oddly, Jade does hang around Albert a lot.

@Luna264 and everyone
I feel so happy to hear that this weird little story has managed to move you a little.
Sometimes I wish I could write a narrative of greater depth, but then I would have to take myself more seriously....

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #319 on: July 17, 2016, 07:37:15 AM »
I've never understood the need to write the next Great American Novel lol so please, continue with your lack of depth, which I can assure you, not one of us has been aware of :-) Besides, these smexy Sanada's and co would not be suited to the broody overly dramatic Angel-esque scene (that would be Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, David Boreanez is so much better in Bones!). And anyway, they have had enough drama with living through an apocalypse and the acres and acres of restrictions that needed to be removed. It's actually been refreshing to see them keep the good spirits going, not to mention the *cough* achievements *cough* I swear, @LivvieLove is really giving us all her "flu" lol ;-)

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2016, 07:43:20 AM »
Is the brown haired girl Erika's daughter? (I hope so, we need more Erika screen time!). That shot of Naoto and Mitch, two hot dudes in one is too much I'll have a nosebleed. And then there is Makoa and Mitch during the massage scene, I'm dying of laughter.

The girls grew up so pretty, I'm used to seeing beautiful Sims in your stories ^-~
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #321 on: July 17, 2016, 07:44:07 AM »
@Magpie2012
I and all of the sims in this Apocalypse Challenge send you the warmest of hugs and kisses!   :-*

Week 28/Day 190: Can’t Touch

Day 190 (Sun)

You may remember several mentions of visiting a Japanese summer festival.
I’d been planning for the household to spend a day visiting a lot that I’d been gradually building since around mid-June. It was to be a finale of sorts.
Today was the day for that summer festival but I sadly discovered this morning that several essential objects have been corrupted, perhaps by recent patches.
My sincere apologies but there will be no Japanese summer festival. The shot below was taken last month. *sobs

Go: By the way, we’ve been wracking our brains over here about what to award @FrancescaFiori.
Francesca was not only the only one who guessed at the pigtailed girl’s identity but she also guessed it correctly!
Meet Cara Fyres-Rocca, the daughter of Amanda Fyres (child of Morgan Fyres and Gavin Richards) and Paolo Rocca.

Tao: I realize my girls’ teen birthday party was last night, but I hope you don’t mind my sharing a few more photos of my fabulous family.
My family stayed behind after all the other guests had gone home, so we got into the hot tub together.
From left to right: Maia, Kyle, me, Hana, Albert, and Nana

Tao: Here are Hana and Maia with Kyle. The girls really look a lot like their mother, don’t you think?
The resemblance would be even stronger if they wore more eye makeup, but they are lovely just as they are.
I’m really happy with how the twins aged up! Maia (right) is especially cute!

Tao: This last shot shows me sitting with Albert—future heartthrob—and my beautiful Nana.
Tao and Nana have done a tremendous job of passing down their best genes. 

Nana: Here’s a collage to help you better identify what feature of each child resembles which parent!
The girls share my nose and lips, whereas the boys both have their father’s nose.
I’m not sure where Albert got his double-lidded eyes and thinner lips, but he’s gorgeous, anyway.

Go: Since our plans to spend the day at the festival have been dashed, we spend the day at home doing nothing in particular.
Also, we decide to spare you yet another evening spent at a restaurant (even though we still lack two photos in our experimental food photos collection).
Previously, @Joria had mentioned wanting to see the interior of the house, so I thought we’d share a few photos.
Here’s the basement floor, which we only use for sleeping or the occasional bath or shower. Everyone has their own room.
Watchette even added a small room with a single bed for Kyle, so he and father Tao have their privacy.

This is the southeast corner of the first floor. You can see the pirate gym south of our Rippling Flats lot in the top left corner of this shot.
There’s a very small party area with a bar, dance floor, and DJ booth.
Watchette only allows certain sims access to this room, otherwise other sims are constantly mixing drinks.
The Hot Tub Room is quite spacious and very popular. The Focused Room is also a locked room because the computers are like sim crack.
We sims never swim in the pool unless Watchette tells us, even though it’s a great source of fun.

This challenge is all about maxing careers, so the yoga/meditation area is right next to the front door. And the massage room has been moved downstairs from the second floor. There’s even a small room that holds only a bath and incense holder.
This simplifies and speeds up the entire pre-work process of massage/incense, bath soak/incense, yoga routine, and meditation, depending on the needs of the day.

The second floor holds the gym, a Very Confident Room for the Negotiate Bonus interaction, the garden, a microscope, and either a rocket ship or observatory.
In the staircase hallway, there’s a wedding arch plus the experimental food photos collection.

Go: The other day, I happened to look at the forum and see an RDC house tour by @Joria .
I was shocked to realize that she’s also building on the same size lot as ours (40x30).
Yes, I was also very surprised to see how much more her build contains—many items I just never included due to the nature of this challenge.
For example, we couldn’t consume bar drinks until Mitch completed the Mixologist career, so we never threw parties until quite recently.
Ultimately, the most important areas of the house are at the front of the first floor: the kitchen/dining area, the living room, and the massage/yoga rooms.
Mainly, though, I'm a lazy builder...

Day 191 (Mon)

Gned the Gnome: Well, young lady, congratulations on completing the Artist/Master of the Real career!
Tremain the Trashcan: You did a fine job, Jade!
Mel the Mailbox: Of course, we are all so proud of you, my dear!
Jade: Why, thank you, all of you! I’ve really appreciated your seeing me off every morning and welcoming me back in the afternoon!

I still can’t believe how ugly this career outfit is, though. I’m actually wearing baggy, rolled-up jeans with clunky combat boots!
Please tell me what is so “Master of the Real” about this look?

Go: You know I’m always happy to mentor you, Kyle, but why work so hard?
I hear from Jade that you and Albert become young adults tomorrow, but this challenge is ending the same day.
What’s the point of leveling your skills at this point?
Kyle: Well, you just never know what the future holds in store. If Watchette ever wants to play a pre-skilled sim—or even just a sim that she’s enjoyed playing—I want to be that sim!
Never hurts to be prepared, right?

What are you doing out here by yourself, Jade?
Well, now that I’ve maxed my career, I really don’t have anything else to do.
I thought I’d take myself and my ugly career outfit to the riverside and finish off this Angling Ace aspiration.
Thanks, Jade! It saves me from having to micro-manage you, so I appreciate it!
And a superb job on lifting your career lock so swiftly!

Jade: Not long after, Albert drops by the house. I want to relax in the sauna and I invite him to join me.
Nothing inappropriate, you understand—just a teenager and a young adult relaxing in a sauna and chatting.
They seem to enjoy each other’s company.

Albert: I quite like spending time with Miss Jade! Perhaps it’s because we’re both creative folks!
Albert’s traits are Bookworm and Perfectionist.
I congratulate Miss Jade on completing her career and she tells me that the challenge will end tomorrow evening.
When I mention that my young adult birthday is tomorrow night, she looks sad.
 Don’t you be making any rash promises to Jade now, Albert!
I may have other plans for the young adult Albert or, at least, your bin clone, depending on the challenge.

Day 192 (Tue)

Mel the Mailbox: So, tell me, Watchette! When this challenge ends, which sim will you miss most of all?
Take a wild guess, Mel.

Sara: Mitch lovingly prepares our son Makoa for his last day of work!
Mitch: If you pass gas, Makoa, you're on your own! I mean it!

Jade: Now that we near the end of this challenge, Watchette finally dresses me in an everyday outfit that actually becomes me!
What do you think, Dad?
Go: Huh? Did you say something? I’m still in shock that Watchette won’t miss me the most!

Makoa: I end up doing 25 minutes of overtime, but then bring home my last promotion.
Folks, you are now looking at a Level 10 Creator of Worlds!
I imagine this means that this Apocalypse Challenge is technically done!
Excellent job, Makoa! You and Jade both maxed your careers before ageing up to adults, too!
And yes, technically, this challenge is done. In spirit, however, there’s still one thing left to do.

At the Pan Europa Discoteque, The Dancers wait patiently for the floor to clear and then begin flaunting their moves.
This is the first time The Dancers have had eight members!
This is a cheesey pose but allows everyone to be clearly seen.
In the first row, Tao. In the second row, Kage Takeda (Go’s klepto father) and Mauricio Landgraab (the founder’s son with Nancy Landgraab).
In the third row, Mitch, Go, and Makoa. In the back row, Naoto (Kage’s brother-in-law) and Kyle.

The Dancers are stepping pretty.
In the lower shot, Makoa illustrates the perils of excessive weightlifting. Not cool, bro! Not cool!

It gets so late that the DJ leaves, so Sara quickly hires a headliner DJ.
Dominic Fyres, you are being so annoying tonight!

Besides Dominic, Candy and Joaquin also ruined several good shots by standing in the middle of the dance floor.
By the way, you would never know that Mitch, Kyle, and Makoa are performing with The Dancers for the first time tonight!

You can’t touch this!

And so ends the Sanada Apocalypse Challenge in a blaze of silly frivolity with The Dancers!
Although I surely could have completed the challenge more quickly and strategically, I don’t regret having taken the time to move in a number of memorable (to me, at least) sims.

I had great fun creating then playing Kage in the Kleptomania challenge in this year’s forum tournament.
I had even greater fun importing him into this Apocalypse Challenge and playing him as part of a household. I loved Daia and Kage as a couple!
Somehow, Kage managed to singlehandedly replace all Sanada genes with his own. Go looks nothing like his Sanada predecessors—he’s pure Kage!
Playing Mauricio Landgraab from a child also slowed my progress, but I felt so bad about failing to return Nancy to Oasis Springs that I decided to take in and raise Mauricio.

Coming from my first failed immortal dynasty, Sara and Tao hold deep sentimental value for me, even though that dynasty failed while they were still children.
For this challenge, I aged them up  and played them from the teen stage for the first time, planning carefully when to add them to the household.

And, of course, I enjoyed watching all the nooboos grow up as much as playing this challenge, if not more. All the career locks taught me how to enjoy Sims 4 in new ways and to appreciate the little things (like a chair with any comfort rating at all).

Thank you, both vocal and silent readers, for following this odd story. I feel very lucky to have enjoyed your support!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Can't Touch (Last Update: July 17)
« Reply #322 on: July 17, 2016, 07:55:57 AM »
Aw, I can't believe the story is ending here for now but congratulations, Oshizu! I have always enjoyed reading them and drooling over your Sims. It's a shame about the Japanese festival, i know how hard you worked at it. i can daydream about the events anyway.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #323 on: July 17, 2016, 08:03:20 AM »
@oshizu and I'm sending love and hugz straight back!

I think for me, it will be a toss up between Go, Tao and Kyle for the title of Sim I'll Miss Most (SIMM). but, truth be told, I'm going to miss the Porch Crew the most out of everyone! They just made things all the more zany and hilarious and were an endless supply of positivity to the Sanada's as they left for grueling days of hard labour! So, farewell, Mel, Gned and Tremain. I sincerely hope this is not the last we see of you!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #324 on: July 17, 2016, 11:59:26 AM »
Congratulations! You and your amazing family finished the toughest challenge around. I love the way you made all of your characters so distinct and interesting and gave them all their own stories. You are truly an inspiration! As for my reward for correctly guessing Cara's parents, I think The Dancers' grand finale performance was enough. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #325 on: July 17, 2016, 12:59:33 PM »
I'd like to request a "Dancer's Special" whenever something special happens in life for us, like, I dunno, having the perfect cup of coffee in the morning ;-D But, seriously, they would make an awesome birthday "gift" lol like your own special e-card to the Simming Community!

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #326 on: July 17, 2016, 01:24:11 PM »
Congratulations on completing one of the hardest Sims 4 challenges out there! And doing a story on top of it too! Now that you're done, do you have any last thoughts? Anything you would have done differently?

Can't wait to see what you plan on working on next!

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #327 on: July 17, 2016, 03:23:55 PM »
This was great! I don't know what to say!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2016, 05:06:42 PM »
Well done Oshizu, and thank you for showing of the achievements of the dancers *cough*.  Rats, I seem to have caught the flu that's going round.  :D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2016, 06:49:02 PM »
Congratulations on completing what to me at least looks like an impossible challenge and for making it so entertaining.