Author Topic: The Flanagan Decadynasty--The Final Update (Please Graveyard)  (Read 45784 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
The Flanagan Decadynasty--Who Wants to Live Forever?
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2016, 02:16:55 PM »
Life is a fleeting thing that sometimes slips away far too quickly.
Queenie:  But not for me!

Pippin:  And perhaps she was just a bit too caught up in freezing her age and wasn't focused enough on her child care responsibilities.

Queenie:  No, they love sharing the crib.  They're very close.
Pippin:  And a short while later...

Pippin:  but before the nooboo arrives...

Pippin:  Princess and her evil trait age up...

Pippin:  as does her easygoing sister, Donette.  Then, after a bit, the babysitter helps by freaking out while the final (and apple influenced) child is born.

Queenie:  I will call him Knave.
Pippin:  The Knave of hearts?  Well played, Queenie.  Well played.

Pippin:  And with 4 toddlers and a baby in the house, the babysitter basically just lives here.

Babysitter:  Anyone need changing?  A bottle?  No?  Cool.
Donte:  And I'm getting all sorts of lifetime happiness points from the wishes I'm popping to teach the kids skills!

Pippin:  And changing his lifetime wish to living in the lap of luxury and then wishing for fortune helps guarantee...
Queenie:  I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!!!

Pippin:  And he managed to get plenty of time in with the toddlers before we had another visitor.
Queenie:  Nonononononononononono

Queenie:  Don't leave me!
Donte:  I'm doing what I have to for the kids and the dynasty, honey.  Don't worry, I'll still haunt this place, so you'll see me around.

Pippin:  While their time together was brief, it was full of love and babies.  Now, the household transitions from having some toddlers to having some children.

Cheshire:  We're not actually all mad here, some of us are quite happy.
Pippin:  He has the insane trait, though, so he is mad while happy.

Pippin:  And Cat becomes a dog person.
Cat:  My name simply chooses to be ironic.
Pippin:  And the elder twins help care for the younger pair.

Cheshire:  Peek-a-boo!
Princess:  (thinking)  It's like he can disappear!

Cat:  Here, I got you milk.  It's, umm, green, but probably still good...?
Pippin:  And finally, little Knave realizes everyone's wishes by being a male rainboo with purple hair.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Flanagan Decadynasty--Who Wants to Live Forever?
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2016, 02:45:40 PM »
Fine work there with all the nooboos. I love the names, their looks, and their clothing choices as well.

Does the fact that you've been seeking a lavender-haired male as a sort of holy grail have anything to do with Anastasia?

Queenie and Donte have really produced a great bunch of children! Rest in Peace, Donte. I'm so very happy that your lavender hair will live on!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2016, 07:58:46 PM »
YES. We have a rainboo boy with purple hair! Lovely and perfect!
I'm excited for any Nix/Flanagan mashups, of course. XD
Poor Nixes. I've been a bit too busy to play them much.

Anyways, poor Queenie! So hard to say goodbye to her adoring husband. At least he gave a nice medium-sized tombstone.

I can't wait to see the babies as teenagers/adults! I bet they've got gorgeous genes.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2016, 12:23:18 AM »
Great update. Welcome Knave Flanagan. Poor Queenie, having to deal/care the children alone without help. That weird babysitter need to be fired immediately. At least they will grow out in few days. And RIP Donte. Your contributions will not be forgotten. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2016, 07:57:28 AM »
Fine work there with all the nooboos. I love the names, their looks, and their clothing choices as well.

Does the fact that you've been seeking a lavender-haired male as a sort of holy grail have anything to do with Anastasia?

Queenie and Donte have really produced a great bunch of children! Rest in Peace, Donte. I'm so very happy that your lavender hair will live on!
It may have something to do with Anastasia  ;=)
Glad you're enjoying the kids.  They turn out to be a really nice-looking crew as they get older.

YES. We have a rainboo boy with purple hair! Lovely and perfect!
I'm excited for any Nix/Flanagan mashups, of course. XD
Poor Nixes. I've been a bit too busy to play them much.

Anyways, poor Queenie! So hard to say goodbye to her adoring husband. At least he gave a nice medium-sized tombstone.

I can't wait to see the babies as teenagers/adults! I bet they've got gorgeous genes.
Well, if you find some time for the Nix clan, I wouldn't complain  :=)
Yeah, Queenie and Donte were very much in love, but we needed the tombstone, unfortunately, so I had to ignore her immediate wish to resurrect him.

Great update. Welcome Knave Flanagan. Poor Queenie, having to deal/care the children alone without help. That weird babysitter need to be fired immediately. At least they will grow out in few days. And RIP Donte. Your contributions will not be forgotten. Looking forward for next update.
The babysitter actually does really well (which was why I kept rehiring a babysitter before she'd even leave the house so she'd just stay), there was just this one random moment where she lounged on the bed for a few minutes and I thought it was pretty funny.
Yeah, Donte will live on through his namesake, Donette.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Flanagan Decadynasty--Four Children
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2016, 08:01:19 AM »

In life, there is nothing quite so strong as the bonds of family.

Cat:  Hey, puppy, you're so much smarter and better-looking than my annoying, whiney sister!
Pippin:  Wow.  Way to be a supportive sibling, Cat.  At least Cheshire is always there for little Princess.

Princess:  (thinking)  He's gone again!
Pippin:  Anyway, the children had a fairly typical life being raised by their now-single mom, the live-in babysitter who gets immediately rehired every time she leaves and every random member of the town that Queenie invites over to visit.

Cheshire:  Thanks for reading me a bedtime story, Morida.
Morida:  Of course, sweetie!
Pippin:  She's a werewolf, so she'll probably still be an option for spouse when he ages up, which would make this memory a really awkward moment.  Though, speaking of aging up, the babysitter took the second set of twins to their cakes as everyone else was at school, work, or a toddler.

Donette:  Well, I guess I have to feed myself now.  Sigh.

Princess:  I am a god!  Bow down and worship me, mortals!
Cheshire:  And who's that on your sweater.
Princess:  Susie Sticklegs.  She's a demi-god. 
Pippin:  And here's a shot of the whole crew.

Knave:  WHHAAAAA!!!!
Pippin:  Okay, here's a shot of most of the crew.  And here they are getting ready to trick or treat.

Princess:  Knave feels left out?  I'll include him.
Pippin:  What a sweet big sister!

Princess:  Yar!  This candy be mine!
Pippin: Nevermind.  So, while this poor example of sibling affection was happening, Queenie had accepted an invitation to go on a date with Aaron Finnigan.

Aaron:  You're so beautiful!
Queenie:  It's true, but don't get your hopes up, vampire guy.  Oh, wait, let me irresistibly greet this paparazzo.

Queenie:  Well, hello there (bats eyelashes)
Paparazzo:  Hello yourself.  Wanna woohoo?
Queenie:  I am so offended!

Queenie:  Yet, strangely intrigued by this man who so assertively knows hat he wants.
Aaron:  Ummm, I'm still here...hello?  I'm your date?  Remember?

Queenie:  So, are you seeing anyone?
Aaron:  I'm not.  Not that you asked...or care...
Pippin:  And while Aaron is failing to get any attention, the kids proved quite good at it.

Cheshire:  Hello, vampire girl.  You're lovely and my watcher says you might be a spouse option.   He also mentioned something about being subtle and using something called "tact."  Do you know what tact is?
Marisa:  Ooooh, you're such a little cutie!

Cat:  Hi, Lisette!  My brother is the dynasty heir and needs a wife, and you're a vampire, so you'll still be an option, so my watcher said to get to know you and to be subtle and use tact.  I chose not to.
Lisette:  Well, I'll consider it as long as he's not a pollinator like my dad or that nasty Kraig Dwyer.

Princess:  So, if you win, you get my dessert, but if I win, I get your mortal soul!
Donette:  Okay.  I like dessert.
Pippin:  And we close with some cute shots of the kids.

**In real game time, I've already got generation 5 brought in and about to become a toddler.  However, I'm going to have to be moving towns soon as the file is getting really glitch.  Quinn and the random genie character can't be interacted with, the "ask to forsake" romantic social doesn't appear, at least one adult female in town didn't even give the option of romantic socials, and the file is taking forever to load.  Not sure just yet which city I'll head off to, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up that such a change was coming*

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: The Flanagan Decadynasty--Four Children
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2016, 10:53:04 AM »
Great update. All the children looks cute, especially Princess. It was hilarious to read her immortal talk. Hoping all things go well in this game. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2016, 11:33:06 AM »
All four children are super adorable! I'm laughing at Cheshire's precocious efforts at early-stage spouse-hunting. He's a true charmer, that one!

My favorite remains Cat which, I believe, can be attributed to her awesome hair style and hair color!
It must be crazy raising four children in a single-parent home!

Wow, Queenie has such a mind of her own. Here I thought she'd found an attractive green guy, but she's more interested in the pudgy paparazzo in dreads?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2016, 12:23:19 PM »
Sad to hear about the town move, but holding it out got five generations in your first town is pretty darn good!

Maybe Moonlight Falls? You'll at least stand a chance of more rainboos there, if you're smart.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »
Oh no! Sorry to hear about your file trouble!

Those kids are just way too adorable! I love them all. Dragon Valley really has those unique features and I love it.
I love Cheshire and Cat.
"Watcher says to use tact, but I don't know what that is."
"Watcher says to use tact. I chose not to."
I can't wait to see our little Knave all grown up.

That babysitter must've gotten one nasty headache from bashing her head so far through a chair just to get one of the kids to the cake... that's sheer determination.
Babysitter (thinking): I don't get paid enough for this kind of grunt work.

Midnight Hollow may be an option for you - it's rainbow skin of a different variety!
If you want to bash your head into a brick wall have challenge there's always Isla Paradiso!
Hidden Springs also has some green townies, but I've never played it for very long to determine if it's a good place to do a long-running challenge with no mods in.
Dragon Valley is my typical go-to for that one.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: November 11, 2016, 08:03:37 AM »
Great update. All the children looks cute, especially Princess. It was hilarious to read her immortal talk. Hoping all things go well in this game. Looking forward for next update.
I agree, Princess is absolutely the cutest!  Way until you see her as a teen/young adult!

All four children are super adorable! I'm laughing at Cheshire's precocious efforts at early-stage spouse-hunting. He's a true charmer, that one!

My favorite remains Cat which, I believe, can be attributed to her awesome hair style and hair color!
It must be crazy raising four children in a single-parent home!

Wow, Queenie has such a mind of her own. Here I thought she'd found an attractive green guy, but she's more interested in the pudgy paparazzo in dreads?
Yeah, Queenie randomly decided that the paparazzo was super-charming, so I just went with it.  It always cracks me up what Sims will do based on their free will (when I'm not micro-managing them, that is).

Sad to hear about the town move, but holding it out got five generations in your first town is pretty darn good!

Maybe Moonlight Falls? You'll at least stand a chance of more rainboos there, if you're smart.
Thanks for the sympathy.  Still, having to change towns is fine as long as I end up getting the dynasty completed.
I'm still debating where they'll end up going, to be honest, but I plan to wait until the new heir (#5!) gets up to young adult before I go.

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your file trouble!

Those kids are just way too adorable! I love them all. Dragon Valley really has those unique features and I love it.
I love Cheshire and Cat.
"Watcher says to use tact, but I don't know what that is."
"Watcher says to use tact. I chose not to."
I can't wait to see our little Knave all grown up.

That babysitter must've gotten one nasty headache from bashing her head so far through a chair just to get one of the kids to the cake... that's sheer determination.
Babysitter (thinking): I don't get paid enough for this kind of grunt work.

Midnight Hollow may be an option for you - it's rainbow skin of a different variety!
If you want to bash your head into a brick wall have challenge there's always Isla Paradiso!
Hidden Springs also has some green townies, but I've never played it for very long to determine if it's a good place to do a long-running challenge with no mods in.
Dragon Valley is my typical go-to for that one.
I always enjoy when Sims phase through doors and walls and such  :=)
Thanks for the town suggestions.  I'll eventually figure out where they're going...

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Flanagan Decadynasty--A Teen-y Update
« Reply #176 on: November 11, 2016, 08:04:24 AM »

It must never be ignored that the word party begins with the word "part."

Grim:  Sophie Dwyer, it is time to depart this realm.
Pippin:  And surely this sad scene will weigh heavily on the hearts of our founding family.

Queenie:  ...and anyway, that's why we're asking for more campaign donations.
Susie:  Okay, I'm in.
Peasant:  Me too!  Oh, by the way, I'm your boss now.
Queenie:  ...what?
Pippin:  Yes, they basically never reacted even as Grim came and went.  However, family members were not the only ones to come by.

Cheshire:  Hi, Ava, I'm the next heir, not air like you breathe, but the heir that does things and gets stuff, and I need a wife who lives in tow, and you live in town, of course, so does your daughter...and your granddaughter, who actually lives with you, but there's also the red-haired werewolf who reads me stories, but I might choose you, just so you know.
Ava:  If you do, I sincerely hope you outgrow this speech pattern by the time you've grown up.
Cheshire:  Noted!
Pippin:  And speaking of Cheshire growing up...

Cheshire:  I think I'll wish for a little brother.
Pippin:  Umm, you already have one.
Cheshire:  Yes.  That means my wish will definitely come true.

Cheshire:  Well, if this outfit were any more fashionable, it'd be slightly fashionable!
Ghost of Quinn:  Indeed.  Now let's play catch!
Pippin:  And of course, it's also Cat's birthday.

Ghost of Quinn:  AHH!!!  Get that girl to the mirror and dresser IMMEDIATELY!!!

Cat:  Yes, this is better.
Cheshire:  And so am I!  Tie to touch base with some spouse options.

Pippin:  And of course, there's also time for sibling bonding.

Pippin:  And even as they were getting older, the youngsters remained very caring.

Cat:  Puppy, you make so much more sense than my sisters.

Princess:  Not happy?  Why don't you just cry about it?
Knave:  WWHHAAAAA!
Princess:  Oh.  You already are.  My work here is done.

Donette:   I have cooler hair.
Pippin:  You do, but you won't have it anymore when you hit teen, but you'll get it back as a young adult.
Donette:  Okay then.  That's weird.
Pippin:  Hey, I don't make the CC, I just download it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Flanagan Decadynasty--A Teen-y Update
« Reply #177 on: November 11, 2016, 02:21:49 PM »
Chesire and Cat both aged up very, very nicely!
I'm curious; what exactly can Chesire do in terms of spouse-hunting during his teen years, besides strengthening his relationships with potential spouses?
May a teen ask an "adult friend" to move in?

Haha, Princess is so aptly named. In this chapter, she seems to be channeling Queenie's personality just a bit.
I'm eager to see Knave age up. I'm not sure why, since your plans for him are yet concealed, but I'm just sharing your general excitement, I guess. hehe

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Flanagan Decadynasty--A Teen-y Update
« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2016, 07:52:10 AM »
Chesire and Cat both aged up very, very nicely!
I'm curious; what exactly can Chesire do in terms of spouse-hunting during his teen years, besides strengthening his relationships with potential spouses?
May a teen ask an "adult friend" to move in?

Haha, Princess is so aptly named. In this chapter, she seems to be channeling Queenie's personality just a bit.
I'm eager to see Knave age up. I'm not sure why, since your plans for him are yet concealed, but I'm just sharing your general excitement, I guess. hehe
Basically, he's just building up the relationships so it can be a quick and easy transition when he finally ages up.  Of course, thanks to glitches, things go a little bit awry with it.
Good news, you're about to see Knave age up  :=)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Flanagan Decadynasty--Hate the Barstool
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2016, 07:56:01 AM »

As is generally the case in the years of youth, getting older means getting bigger.

Pippin:  And Knave's hair is definitely bigger!

Knave:  Hey, not just anybody can pull off this look.

Princess:  And neither can you.
Pippin:  And speaking of Princess, she and Donette soon found it to be cake time.

Princess:  I wish to dominate the world!
Pippin:  Way to set realistic, reachable goals.

Donette:  I wish for...dessert.
Pippin:  Oh.  That one actually is realistic and reachable.  Nice job.

Princess:  I look outstanding!  Unlike that stupid bar stool.

Donette:  Umm, I guess I look okay.  Ish.
Pippin:  Don't worry, sweetie.  We'll get your cooler hair back when you age up to young adult.  For now, let's enjoy some family bonding time!

Pippin:  Yep.  A family band.  Like the Partridge Family, only actually related to each other.
Cat:  Well, we also wouldn't be partridges since two of us are named after felines.
Cheshire:  So, what should we call our band?
Princess:  Hate the Barstool!
Pippin:  And while Princess is being hateful, Cat is being magical.

Cat:  Hmm, pretty sure my bedroom used to have a floor.  And walls.  And furniture.  And my sisters.
Pippin:  And shots of Hate the Barstool, because the kids are super-cute!

Princess:  And you left out the cutest one.  Nice job, Watcher.
Pippin:  Oh, sorry about that, Knave.
Princess:  Grrr, if Susie Sticklegs were here, I'd really let her teach you a lesson, Pippin.
Pippin:  And while Princess was not getting enough attention, Queenie was getting more attention than she wanted.

Queenie:  Oh.  Flowers.  For me?  Why...?
Pippin:  And the girls' bedroom continued to be a strange issue.

Cat:  Umm, Donette...?
Donette:  I think my ankles are broken.
Pippin:  And like their some-generations-removed aunts, they are very suspicious of their bus driver.

Cat:  And we're also in a band just like our great great great...how many greats are our aunts?

Cheshire:  They're super great!

anything