Author Topic: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty [COMPLETE]  (Read 167750 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 06:13:19 AM »
Just discovered this, (been off the forum for a bit).  This is great!!!  I love your writing style and gorgeous Sims.  Can't wait to see if all goes smoothly with the gardener dude and the adorable kids.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 10:10:12 AM »
I am really enjoying your writing style too.  I love the dialogue.   It inspired me to try an immortal dynasty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 12:17:57 AM »
@oshizu Thanks! Yes, didn't want anything going wrong with the proposal. I've learned my lesson! More pictures of the kids coming soon. I have to say, Morris is about the cutest sim I've ever played. He's just too adorable. Betty is cute as well, in a very Pancakes kind of way.

@Nettlejuice Thank you! Yeah, for an evil gardener he was quite accommodating. Stayed around just long enough to serve his purpose, more or less. :)

@Joria Welcome back! I'm glad you found my story, and thank you for the compliments. Updates on gardener and cute kids tomorrow, I hope.

@Caterina Thank you so much. I am so flattered to know I had a hand in inspiring you to try a dynasty and write your story. I will be reading!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 02:38:07 PM »
Chapter 3:  Scraping By

Arianna: Wow, the lighting is terrible in here

J: Yeah, we should really buy some more lamps.

A: We actually can’t afford lamps right now, or anything else for that matter. That’s kind of why we’re doing the wedding now. I thought I could hit up the guests for large loans while they’re here and feeling celebratory.

J: You’re brilliant. I’m so glad I’m marrying you.

A: Me too. Oh right! getting married! Let’s do this!

Betty: Mr. Gardener, sir? I don't mean to be rude, but, what is going on with that suit?

Gardener: It's called upstaging the bride, Betty. It's something evil people do. You'll understand when you're older.

A: I promise to keep both our green and pink bars completely full, so that you won’t remember you’re non-committal and start to feel tense. I also promise to eventually buy you a hot tub for the same purpose. P.S. don’t look now but Katrina Caliente is totally checking out Don’s butt.

J: I, too, promise to keep both our green and pink bars completely full, so that I won’t start to feel tense. I promise I will make good use of the hot tub. P.S. why is Summer Holiday always making that stink face? Does she have resting stink face or something?

*confetti!*

Arianna: Okay, here’s the plan: you fill up the sparking juice fountains and get everybody feeling happy, and I’ll start cruising for loans.

J: I believe in you, darling.

A: Thanks, sweetie. That means a lot. Oh, man, this cake is amazing. Bob really outdid himself.

A: So, Alice . . . enjoying the wedding? I want you to know, I don’t just think of you as the bartender, especially since you’ve never made a single drink for us, I think of you as a guest and a very good friend . . .

*Later that night*

Don: Ah, a solid gold wedding. That’s a good feeling. So what was your final tally?

Arianna: Twelve grand. Just barely enough to cover the bills. I totally should have started smaller on this house.

Don: Don’t beat yourself up. It’s a great start and it’s going to be plenty big for all eight generations. Plus, you’re making great progress on your requirements. Take a minute to relax and rest on your laurels.

Arianna: Thanks, Don. I really appreciate the praise. I have been working really hard. Hey, I noticed Nancy Landgraab is pregnant. You're doing really well on your part, too. Kudos.

Don: Yeah, kiddo, we're well on our way. The Watcher must really be looking out for us.

Arianna: Oh, Don. You know I don’t believe in Watchers. Let’s just enjoy the stars.

Don: You got it, princess.

Arianna: You know, this would be a much nicer moment if you weren’t wearing nothing but your underwear.

Don: I beg to differ, princess, I beg to differ.

*the next morning*

Bob: So then the llama says, “Hey! This isn’t Goopy Carbonara!”

J: Bob, you’re a good man, and a great cook, but that was a terrible joke.

Gardener: I liked it.

Betty: Dad! It’s my first day of school! Load me up with some pancakes!

Bob: ‘Atta girl!

Arianna: So,  . . . how are you enjoying living in the dynasty house . . . you?

Gardener whose name I cannot remember: It’s pretty nice! The food’s great, and I have to admire your family’s commitment to education.

Arianna: Glad to hear that. Say, do you think you could stop smashing the children’s dollhouse?

Gardener: No can do.

Arianna: Hmmm. How many days do you suppose are left on your age bar?

Gardener: Got my first warning from Grim just today!

Arianna: Oh, well okay, then. You smash away, friend.

Gardener:  Thanks!

J: Okay, I know I came over here to do something, but I just . . . can’t . . . remember.

Arianna: Can you hurry up with those salty llamas, J? I’m running out of jokes, here, and the party is going to end in a few minutes.

J: Right! That was it! Drinks!  Drinks . . . How do I make drinks again?

Mitch: J you are seriously the worst Bro ever to bro.

J: Sorry, man, I’m just not feeling so hot. Plus, this bar is totally gross. I’ve got uncomfortable moodlets coming out of my . . . everywhere.

Arianna: Oh, forget it. You’ve been standing there for hours. I’ll just go make some tea.

J: Sorry, baby.

Arianna: No worries, honey. We’ll get there. Why don’t you go take a nap?

Don: So, Dina, allow me to show you where the *real* party is.

*not long thereafter*

Gardener: Oh, gosh! Already? Well, so long folks. Don’t forget me!

Grim: Hello? Anyone? I’m taking your gardener!

Don: (from observatory) That’s okay! He served his purpose! See you around, pal!

RIP Seth Rodrigues (I checked his tombstone). You were definitely a moderately okay guy.

Arianna: Is is weird that we’re doing this right by the gardener’s gravestone?

J: Hey, you’ve got to get ready for work, and I’ve got to kiss my lady. Life goes on. Well, for everyone except him.

Arianna: I guess you’re right. We should definitely move the trash plant, though.

J: Okay, wife off to work. Kids off to school. Out for a jog. It’s good be J, my friends, it’s good to be J.

Bob: It’s good to be Bob.

Don: *sighs* It’s good to be Don.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 03:01:40 PM »
Lovely wedding, though we hardly got to see Morris at all (I forgot he existed until I re-read the previous chapter. I can see him coming down the stairs though). How evil of that gardener to upstage the bride, lol. Is it darker because it's a sunken area?

RIP Seth, glad to see he got to have some mischievous fun while he was around. And a trash plant to remember him by.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 03:13:16 PM »
I almost spit out an ice cube I was crunching on when I read the part about the gardener upstaging the bride.  Very funny update!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 07:16:27 PM »
Great job, Arianna--way to work your wedding guests, hahahaha. Brilliant move!

About your evil gardener, my sims run into so many sims who are either evil, mean, or klepto. Is it just random or is there some balance with the traits my sims have? *coughs
I hope Seth left you a dozen dragonfruit plants for Adrianna, who generously let him enjoy his final days.

You are just zooming along, aren't you. It warms my heart to see that your gal sims are keeping your man sims so deliriously happy, lol.
I also like J. It's been a long time since I played him, so I can't remember: does giving J the Carefree trait help with his tenseness (from the non-commital trait)?
Arianna is such a schemer--I love it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 01:39:51 AM »
@Nettlejuice I know! Poor Morris.  Here I brag about how cute he is and then completely ignore him for a whole chapter. The next chapter is all Morris and Betty, though, so I'll make it up to him. In the meantime, though, here is a little gratuitous Morris-spam:

And a couple of Betty because she's pretty cute, too:

Yes, I think the lighting problem stems from it being sunken. There are a bunch of chandeliers overhead, but they don't really penetrate the sunken area. I'm still working on it.

@Caterina Yay! I'm glad you liked the joke. He arrived with that pink suit as his formalwear, so I let him keep it, but I couldn't let it pass without comment. :)

@oshizu For awhile there, I felt like every other random townie generated the evil trait, or mean, or something else awful. Now, I'm spouse-hunting for Gen 3, and everybody and their brother is a genius who loves the outdoors. It must be random, but it sure seems like the game gets fond of certain traits and uses them over and over.

It seems to be going fast, but I just didn't take very many pictures of Gen 1. I knew I wanted to write a story, but wasn't sure if I'd be brave enough. I've started a separate save just to take supplemental photos that I need to make the story make sense. (Alert readers may notice the lighting and photo quality are much better in some photos than others. I started this dynasty on a laptop, and now have a glorious giant desktop to play on.)

Yes, I hope I'm keeping my sims pretty happy! I run them ragged, but I want them to enjoy life, too.

I'm sure the Carefree trait would be helpful for J, but I've found that if I keep both his relationship bars all the way up, he never gets tense even though he doesn't have Carefree. It's nice and kind of a sweet bit of programming, I think. I really wasn't intending to have J and Arianna get married unless he really wanted to, but he popped both "Ask Arianna to be girlfriend" and "Get Married to Arianna," almost right away. I guess they're just meant for each other. :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 05:27:39 AM »
Thank you so much for that! They are truly adorable, especially Morris' last screenshot.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 03:22:46 PM »
Chapter 4 Morris and Betty

Morris: Hey, Betty, guess what? When we grow up, I’m going to marry you.

Betty: Shut up, Morris, you’re so weird.

Morris: So I’ll be the Daddy, and you be the Mommy, and we can be married just like we’ll be for real when we grow up.

Betty: BO-ring. I’m going to go play pirate.

Betty: Yaaaaar, me hearties! Weigh anchor for Sunlit Tides and don’t slow the speed ’til the seas run red with plasma! Yaaaaaar!

Morris: I’m the best violinist in Newcrest. I’m going to write you a serenade.

Betty:  Ow! Stupid robot.

Betty: So, the chicken says, “Ba-GAWK, pardon me. I’ve got something stuck in my craw!”

Morris: I love you, Betty, you’re so weird.

Don:  Huh. I wonder if I should spend some time with my own kids.

Morris: Hey Betty?

Betty:  Yeah, Morris?

Morris: We’re best friends, right?

Betty: Yeah, of course!

Morris: Forever?

Betty:  Yeah, totally forever.

Morris: You promise?

Betty: I totally promise.

Morris: You pinky promise?

Betty: Yes.

Morris: Okay.  No matter what?

Betty:  No matter what, Morris, Okay?

Morris:  Okay. *pause* Are you scared to become teenagers?

Betty: Yeah. A little.

Morris: What if you’re cool and I’m lame or I’m cool and you’re lame? Will we still be friends?

Betty: I told you, Morris, best friends forever. No matter what. Don’t worry about it.

Morris: Okay. No matter what.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 03:35:57 PM »
Ha ha, so adorable! I wonder if either of them will change their minds as teens or even adults.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 03:37:34 PM »
Hey!  I was gonna say it was adorable because it was!  So sweet.  Morris is really a cutie.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 05:26:45 PM »
Oh Morris, you are too adorable!  Don't you want to, like, bring new blood into your dynasty? (not a Pancakes fan, lol)
I think we need to have a look at all of the local talent...

Really looking forward to their teen birthdays!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 03:42:04 PM »
@Nettlejuice and @Caterina Thanks! I think they're adorable, too! They're cute teens as well, and it takes them a bit to figure out what they want.

@oshizu Teen birthdays and a peek at the local talent coming up! :)

Chapter 5:  What About Morris?

Don: So, Liberty, how do you like our new hot tub?

Liberty: It’s very bubbly. Quite invigorating.

Don: My thoughts exactly.

Liberty: Why didn’t you get one sooner? It looks perfect on this patio.

Don: Money management is not our founder’s strong suit, unfortunately, but good things come to those who wait.

Eliza: And that, my friends, is how you paint a masterpiece.

Eliza: Naturally this monstrosity is a masterpiece as well, which means it stays in the dynasty house forever. Woo! Team Pancakes!

Arianna: Well, honey, now that I’ve been promoted, I need to perform romantic actions for my daily task. You want to help me out with that?

J:  I ask you, Bob, has there ever been a luckier man? I’m so pleased I’m not even going to ask why my wife’s job in the import/export business requires her to be so very alluring and charismatic. That’s how pleased I am.

Bob: J, you’re as wise as you are fortunate.

Eliza: Guys, can you be mushy somewhere else? I’m trying to paint Bob’s portrait.

Eliza:  Come on, Bob, let’s show them they’re not the only ones who can get mushy.

Bob: Mmmm-hmmm. Go team Pancakes!

Morris:  Happy birthday, Betty! Well, we’re teenagers, and as my very first act as an official teen, I am going to flirt with you like nobody’s business. Rrrrar!

Betty:  Ugh. Morris. Stop being weird.

Don: So, this is cloud gazing, huh? I don’t really get it. Which kid are you again?

Child:  Don’t worry about it, Dad. You’ll never remember my name, anyway.

Don: Thanks, honey. Your old man appreciates it.

Betty:  Morris, stop staring at me.

Morris: But you’re so beautiful when you chew. I love the way you savor your food.

Betty:  Seriously, enough.

Betty: *sings* Oh, he wants to watch me eat, but I’ll throw him in the street. He’s roaring like a tiger, but I’m no lover, I’m a fighter. Pancake giiiiiiiiirl!

J: Here’s lookin’ at you, pretty lady.

Arianna: Mmm. Oh, J, you set my world on fire.

Morris: Way to rub it in, guys. Everyone in this house is against me!

Morris: Dad, I’m a good-looking guy, right?

J: Um, yeah. Of course. You’re my son.

Morris: I don’t get it. Betty won’t give me the time of day. We’re meant for each other, I know we are, but she just brushes me off. It’s like I’ve got no game at all. What am I doing wrong? Did you have this much trouble wooing Mom?

J: Well, actually your mother wooed me. I’ve never really had troubles attracting the ladies, but listen, Morris, you’ve got to give Betty some space. There’s a lot of pressure growing up in a dynasty house, and she needs to be allowed to figure out who she is and what she wants for herself. Of course we’d love it if you two kids got together, but it’s not a deal-breaker if it doesn’t happen. You just focus on your skills and preparing for your career. Get your grades up. And it wouldn’t hurt if you paid attention to some other girls. Keep your options open.

Morris:  Dad, Betty’s the only girl for me. I’ve been in love with her my whole life.

J:  All the more reason for you to branch out. See what else is out there. Betty will come around or she won’t. Your job is to uphold the dynasty.

Morris: Okay, Dad. Thanks.

J:  Hey, and for what it’s worth, I think she’s nuts. You’re a handsome dude and a real catch.

Morris: Thanks, Dad.

Morris: So, hey Gemma.

Gemma Goth:  Hey.

Morris:  You look really nice tonight.

Gemma:  Thanks, Morris. That’s really sweet of you to say.

Morris:  So . . .you’re cheerful, huh? That must be nice.

Gemma:  Yeah, it comes in handy.  I’m Good, too.

Morris:  Wow, those are some really positive traits.

Gemma: *modestly* Yeah. I know.

Morris: So . . . do you think you might wanna be my girlfriend maybe?

Gemma: Oh, Morris, I’d love to.

*smooch*

Morris:  Wow, hey. That was pretty nice! Do you . . .wanna go sit in the hot tub?

Gemma:  Sure!

Morris: Oh, Gemma, you’re just so . . . sweet.

Gemma: Thank you, Morris. I love being with you.

Morris: You could stay over if you want.

Gemma: I’d love to!

Betty:  Well, this is awkward.

Gemma: Good morning, Betty! Isn’t Morris the sweetest? He and I stayed up all night in the hot tub. Don’t you think he’s dreamy?

Betty:  Still awkward from this angle.

Gemma:  I’d better go wake him up for school. I want to make sure I have a chance to kiss him goodbye before he goes.

Betty:  You do that.

Morris:  zzzzzz so cheerful zzzzzz just so cheerful all the zzzz time

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 03:50:52 PM »
Betty and Morris are great!  I loved her guitar song...Pancake giiiiiiiiirl.