Author Topic: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty [COMPLETE]  (Read 166003 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2016, 04:32:40 AM »
Morris and Betty are both super pretty sims and your writing is so funny!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2016, 05:43:16 AM »
Poor Gemma! I feel really bad for her but it makes sense to go with Betty if the town is populated by Gemma siblings. I laughed at Betty Pancakes chocking on pancakes =P
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2016, 12:46:40 PM »
@Joria Thanks! Yeah, Betty gets a little less prickly now that everything is sorted out. She's a sweet girl, really. :)

@Caterina Thank you! Now your comment is making me smile! I really appreciate you reading my story.

@oshizu Yeah, Gemma is pretty great, but you're right, I'm trying to avoid mixing the Lothario bloodline in as long as possible. I totally would have gone to the Windenburg library, but I didn't have Get Together when I was playing this part of the story. The date could have gotten a lot more inappropriate if there had been closets handy!

@Lisa46 Thank you so much! I have a lot of fun writing it.

@Nettlejuice I know. Poor Gemma. She gets her own happy(ish) ending, though, eventually.

Chapter 8: Postcards from the Edge of Immortality

Arianna: Aaaaand . . . career maxed!

Arianna: Hey there, handsome. How would you like to get frisked by a Double Diamond Agent?

J: Oh my.

Bob:  Yup. This is good. Arianna’s career is maxed, the kids are finally together, and I’m having a sour punch in the hot tub with my beautiful wife. This dynasty nonsense is officially worth it.

Don:  Why I am the only one not getting lucky in this chapter? How does that work? When did I become an actual handyman?

Arianna: Cheer up, Dina! You’re a regular clown, not a tragic clown!

Dina:  You’d feel tragic, too, if your boyfriend was dating both your mother and your sister.

Arianna:  Fair enough. Just go stand by the playful painting, okay? I’ve failed at my last three birthday parties and I really need this one to happen.

Arianna: Okay, parties finally done. Now for some frantic late-night gardening. Evolve, you little green monsters. EVOLVE!

Arianna: It’s not enough I have to weed all night; now there are weird floating lights in my yard that I have to investigate - oh dear!

Arianna:  I so do not have time for this.

Arianna:  So stargazing, am I right?

Christine: Totally.

Arianna: So you’re sure you’ve never met anyone else in my household?

Christine:  I’m sure.

Arianna:  And you’re not planning to die anytime soon?

Christine:  I was a kid when we met on your first week here. Don’t you remember?

Arianna:  Well, I um, I have a lot of friends, but congratulations! You’ve met all the requirements to be my very best friend!

Christine:  Sweet!

Arianna:  So, I think that’s it. I know the elder thing is happening soon, but all I really need now is for my produce to get a little more valuable and for my friends not to die, and I’ll be golden!

Don:  I’m proud of you, kid. I had my doubts, but you’ve really come through. Now comes the hard part.

Arianna:  What’s that?

Don:  Stay alive for eight more generations.

Arianna:  Yikes.

Don:  And after that comes the REAL hard part-

Arianna:  Okay, that’s enough hard parts. Let’s just take things one day at a time, shall we?

Don:  Fair enough.

Morris:  The clay, it calls me.

Betty:  You’re so weird. Why are you in such a good mood today?

Morris:  It’s my birthday!  And your birthday! Which means I can finally marry you and we can embark on our glorious life together and I can say I told you so.

Betty:  Oh, is that what this was all about? You don’t actually want to marry me, you just want to gloat.

Morris:  I want to marry you AND gloat.

Morris:  Hey, Gemma. Thanks for coming to my birthday party, but listen, I need to break things off. I’m in love with Betty. I always have been. I’m sorry I led you on.

Gemma:  Oh *sobs* that’s okay, Morris. I forgive you. All I really want is for you to be happy. Now if you’ll excuse me, I don’t want to ruin the mood of your party with my weeping, so I’ll go and grieve privately.

Morris:  *sighs* That’s predictably thoughtful of you, Gemma. Before you go, I’m curious. What trait did you age up with?

Gemma:  Oh, *sniffle* I’m a genius.

Morris:  So you’re a cheerful, good, genius?

Gemma:  *wipes tear* Yes, that’s right.

Morris:  Yup. Yes it is. Should have seen that one coming. See you around.

Gemma:  Goodbye, Morris.

Morris:  Betty Pancakes, will you marry me?

Betty:  This is the surprised face I’ve been practicing since I was a small child. And yes, I will.

Bob:  Okay, okay! Step right up! Birthdays all around! We got one, we got two, we got three old guys comin’ atcha! Let’s celebrate!

Don:  I have to hand it to us. We are the three best-looking elder men in all of Newcrest.

Arianna: You really did age up beautifully, dear.

J:  Oh yeah?  Do you hate my hair less now that it’s grey?

Arianna:  No, I’ll always hate your hair, but I think now I sort of love to hate it.

J:  Well that’s sweet.

Bob:  Better stock up on a few plates of this, now that my death is imminent. *whistles*

Eliza: Wow, I really wish I hadn’t worn my swimsuit for this.

Bob: You still look great to me, baby.

Betty:  Morris, why are we sneaking out to the hot tub in the middle of the night? We’re getting married in a couple of days. It’s not like anybody’s checking up on us.

Morris: It’s more romantic this way!

Betty: I’m not super jazzed about the idea of being a pregnant bride.

Morris:  Pssh!  Pregnant brides are the cutest! Now get your arm out of the window frame and hop in that tub!

Betty:  Wow, the lighting is really terrible in here. You’d think they’d have done something about that after the last wedding.

Morris:  All I see is you, darling, and you look good in any light.

Betty:  Don’t try to distract me. The lighting is not so bad that I haven’t noticed you’re still wearing your everyday clothes.

Morris: It’s symbolic of the way my love for you will grow every day.

Betty:  You’re so weird.

J:  Well the lighting is still bad, but at least the walls are up in this picture.

Eliza:  ‘Scuse me. Old lady coming through. Not that any of you bothered to acknowledge my birthday.

Arianna:  You’re telling me! I’m the founder and nobody is even going to know who I am in these pictures.

Don:  Shhh! You’re ruining a beautiful moment.

Betty:  With this ring, I pledge to faithfully care for our green and pink bars, so that we may remain forever happy together.

Morris:  Betty, I would marry you every single day if game mechanics allowed it. As it is, I pledge to uphold my vows to you, and renew them as often as possible.

*confetti*

Arianna: Oh, that’s better. The lighting is much nicer out here. So, pretty good party, wouldn’t you say?

J:  Yeah, I think Bob really outdid himself with the food, too.

Alice:  Guys, I’m just going to leave these dishes here, okay? Man, this view is great. I’m so glad I decided not to actually tend the bar tonight.

Arianna:  Alice, you’ve been the bartender at nearly all the parties that have taken place in this house, and to my knowledge you have never mixed a single drink. Put ‘er there, old friend.

Don:  Wow. Nicely done.

Arianna:  Well, she’s been getting on my nerves for ages, and I’ve been dying to try that tranquilizing handshake out.

Eliza: Ouch!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2016, 03:20:37 PM »
You had me in stitches with this one.  I don't know which was funnier, "I'll just leave these dishes here", or the tranquilizing handshake.  Good one Francesca!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2016, 07:26:20 PM »
Congrats to Arianna on being so close to fulfilling all of her requirements!
She's really speeding along!

Best wishes to Morris and Betty! I see Morris is already determined to renew his vows as often as possible, lol. Your dialogue is really hilarious, Francesca.
And...starting the countdown to the third-generation heir!  I can't wait! *jumps up and down

(Ambrosia never spoils so, unless you have another sim with L10 Cooking/Gourmet Cooking, Bob can start working on your "ambrosia stockpile." Yay!)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2016, 08:09:15 PM »
Betty's vows were so sweet.  I can't wait to see Morris and Betty as parents.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2016, 09:29:11 AM »
Congrats to Morris and Betty <3 I want a Gemma in my game, a Sim with perfect traits. How useless is Alice, no drinks ever made? I bet she's the reason for your fails before! Gen 3 on the way already, things fly by so fast from a readers point of view.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2016, 01:50:34 PM »
@Joria Thanks! Alice totally had it coming, and the tranquilizing handshake cracks me up every time. :)

@oshizu Thank you! Yes, Bob left the family with a good stash. He's such a good helper. Morris and Betty waste no time, so third-generation is coming right up!

@Caterina Thank you! Parenting in a dynasty is hard, I think, because the heir has to be so focused on their own goals, and the kids spend so much time skilling, but we do get a few sweet moments.

@Nettlejuice Yeah, Gemma is really one of a kind. I've never had a townie be so perfect. Alice is kind of the worst. I sort of blame her for the party failures and I sort of blame my old laptop. No one would make any drinks! They all just stood at their respective bars, holding juice bottles, totally paralyzed. Of course now I know I could have just had people drink orange juice out of the fridge, but at the time I just sat there screaming at my impassive sims.:p

Chapter 9:  Hello and Goodbye

Betty:  Aaaaagh!  Why I am I doing this in the dining room of all places?  AAAAgh!

Morris:  What do I do? What do I do? Do we have any towels? Betty, do you need towels?

Arianna:  Okay, nothing left to do now but wait for the plants to evolve, and hope my friends stay alive.

Arianna:  A little quality time with the hubby . . .

J:  Hey, didn't Betty have the baby a couple pictures ago?

Arianna:  A little vow renewal to keep the spirits up . . .

J:  Really. I think we're grandparents. We should probably check that out.

Arianna:  Really, Simverse?  Really?  Gavin and Mitch in the same day while my plants are still only pristine?  My bar may be bubbling, but you are not taking me yet! I am getting this dynasty past the first generation and nobody, I mean nobody is going to stand in my way. Watcher, if you are up there, we need to get this done!

J:  That’s right, little Mallory, let’s take a picture so we always remember that it was Grampa J who aged you up.  Grampa J and nobody else!  Sorry we didn't take any baby pictures, doll, but your grandma's been a little preoccupied lately.

Mallory:  I get it, Grampa J. It's cool. Let's go do my homework!

Mallory:  So that’s why fractions are awesome, Grandma Liz, and why I’ve determined that mental telepathy is impossible.

Eliza:  Okay, then. Go Team Pancakes.

Mallory:  I’m a Spiffendale. Can I still be on Team Pancakes?

Eliza:  Oh, honey.  You will always be a Pancakes to me.

Morris:  Oh oh oh-oh oh-ho-ho. Skllin’ up skillin’ up skillin’ on up!

Betty:  Totally getting the hang of this.

Morris:  And throwin’ paaaarties, and drinkin’ juiiiiiiice and . . . .wait, what’s everybody looking at?

RIP Bob Pancakes. You were surprisingly easy-going, a real trooper, and an amazing chef. I’m super-bummed that the last meal you made was a garden salad.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2016, 03:30:37 PM »
Sniff, sniff...frownie face.  Bob sure had a lot of people mourning him.  Maybe they were trying to form a barricade so Grim couldn't take him.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2016, 03:41:28 PM »
Is it just me or does Mallory look a lot like her mother, Betty? (Or is it because of the glasses? Close-up, pretty please?)

I'm glad to see Arianna and J still being lovey-dovey! With Gavin and Mitch gone, how much longer!?

It's so hard watching the spares pass!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2016, 05:37:08 AM »
A bubbling bar? Yikes! I hope Arianna makes it! I tend to chose the easiest parties for the founder so I can concentrate on other things. RIP Bob, i can tell he was loved by everyone, so many mourners. Welcome little Mallory, I also second a close up when you have the chance =D

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2016, 02:37:53 PM »
@Caterina If only a barricade were possible! Bob's death was tough. He was the first, and it only got worse from there.

@oshizu Yup, Mallory is all Pancakes, especially as she ages. There's more of Morris in her than I realized, though, until I took a closer look just now. I figured out how to make a collage (so exciting!) so you can do a comparison for yourself. :)

@Nettlejuice Yeah, I pushed Arianna right to the last moment, trying to get more perfect harvests for her museum items. Cruel, cruel watcher! On a happier note: here's Mallory!

She aged up with the glasses, and I fell in love with them. They sort of instantly told me who she was. :)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2016, 02:09:27 PM »
Chapter 10:  Done is Better than Good

Betty:  So, you see, Emilio,-

Eduardo:  Eduardo.

Betty:  Sorry, Eduardo,  -now that Don is an elder, we’re more concerned about his health, so since we’ve *ahem* got the space now, we’d like to take on an apprentice handyman so he can pass on his wisdom before he goes.

Eduardo:  So, like, you want me to fix bathtubs and stuff?

Arianna:  Why don’t you come inside, dear, and I’ll explain it to you.

Eduardo:  So then I got a haircut and a new wardrobe and here I am, a professional handyman.

Breana:  Well, I must say, you clean up well.

Eduardo:  I know, right?

Eduardo:  I think I have a real talent for this line of work, don’t you?

Breana:  Mmmmm.

Eduardo:  This part I don’t like as much.

Don:  Well, looks like the young fellow has got things in hand, time for me to break in the new pool.

Eduardo:  Gemma Goth, allow me to heal your broken heart.

Gemma:  Oh!  Okay!

Gemma:  Wow! That is one blinding speedo! I love it!

Eduardo:  Thanks, baby. Now let’s see about passing on some of your incredible genes, shall we?

Gemma:  Your straightforwardness is so appealing!

Arianna:  So, I’m looking at what appears to be a block of tofu studded with gummy bears, giving off an aura of gasoline fumes. Bob, is this some kind of joke from beyond the grave? Ah, well, bon appetit!

Arianna:  As my first and second husband Benjamin Schmidt used to say, done is better than good. They’re not all perfect, but they’re all mine. On to the next generation!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2016, 04:17:07 PM »
Done is definitely better, especially when the life bar is bubbling!  I cracked up over,

Gemma:  Wow! That is one blinding speedo! I love it!

Eduardo:  Thanks, baby. Now let’s see about passing on some of your incredible genes, shall we?

Gemma:  Your straightforwardness is so appealing!

Too funny for words.  Eduardo is pretty cute all spruced up.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2016, 09:57:08 PM »
Thanks so much for the kiddie collage! So curious--Mallory looks so much like Eliza without glasses but not so much like Eliza (the mouth) with glasses....
We'll just have to wait until she teens up to see which one she looks like, lol.

I just knew there was something I liked about Eduardo in your earlier update, despite his lackluster conversational skills!
How the heck is he already so buff?

Uh, back to your story...
Congrats to Arianna on her first dish of immortality! *throws rose petals and uncorks a bottle of the bubbly!!!
I got confused about the comment about Benjamin Schmidt--what happened to J?
Love the new pool!

anything