Author Topic: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty [COMPLETE]  (Read 168111 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2016, 10:04:38 PM »
*Note to self, NEVER be eating while reading a FrancesFiori post, NEVER!*  Now the choking is over and I survived, I'm still laughing.  Oh, Eduardo you did it again!  "I'm not into labels."  Too funny.  The whole thing was terrific, like "I hope I can get up from this position", and more.  You really have a knack.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2016, 09:13:23 AM »
In your collage, is that Lucien in the black T-shirt and Wendell in the blue shirt. In sunglasses, they could be twins! They both do that little smirk, lifting one side of their mouth.
It's too adorable!

Eduardo, you scamp, you! And here I thought you were finally settling down and planning on doing Soulmate with Gemma!
Oh who will be able to complete Eduaro when he's gone? *googles the internet for a recipe for "The Eduardo"

Great to see your family doing so well. How cool that J invited himself to your club!
Can't wait to see more of Wendell!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2016, 02:34:43 PM »
@Joria You are too kind! Thank you so much for reading and commenting. You always make me feel great!

@oshizu Wendell is in the middle, with the blue shades. I forgot I put him in aviators for the actual game. He does look just like a copy of Lucien as a child, but as a teen . . . . Team Pancakes comes through. :)

Unfortunately, Eduardo cannot be tied down. Actually, I completely forgot about the Calientes until Elizabeth was almost an elder so that was a bit of a last-minute rush job. In vain, unfortunately. She had a boy.

If only I could bottle The Eduardo and sell it. I'd have a sim fortune!

Chapter 23: Betty's Swan Song

Wendell:  Party all day, Violin all night.

Wendell:  Okay, gotta keep this party going. Just hold your breath and knock it back.

Wendell:  I am the macaroni master.

Betty:  You know, we really don’t need to keep doing this. We both maxed our careers ages ago.

Morris:  A guy can’t renew his vows just for fun? Besides, I love the “very happy” face you make. It’s my favorite.

Betty:  Oh, Morris.

Morris:  You know, with all the hype about clubs lately, I kind of thought this would be more exciting.

Arianna:  Quiet, you. It’s either this or we all go running to the cemetery every five minutes to mourn somebody.

Betty:  Can we at least get a massage table?

Arianna:  Fine, but you have to figure out where to put it. Meditate on that for a bit.

Betty:  Show-off.

Wendell:  The Muse is a skittish thing. One cannot just dive in to a new work, but must wait for inspiration to strike. Macaroni is too precious to waste on mere doodles.

Betty:  You know, kiddo, I love you, but I have just never understood the appeal of dollhouses. I hated them as a kid, and I still just don’t get it.

Wendell:  It’s cool, Grandma B. We can discuss cognitive focusing methods, instead.

Betty:  Have a cool day at school, you crazy kiddo.

Wendell:  Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Betty:  So, I figure at this point I can eat whatever I want. There’s really no chance of becoming athletic at my age.

Morris:  You are beautiful at any size, my love. Oh, and good news! I found a spot for that massage table.

Betty:  Oh, yeah. This club is going to work out after all.

Morris:  Let’s just hope at that meditating has leveled up my Wellness skill to the point that I don’t injure you.

Betty:  Hey, practice makes perfect.

Mallory:  Finally!  Whew! You are one ugly fish, but you are definitely the most beautiful wolf eel ever. *ahem* And with THAT, I finally complete my second aspiration.

Mallory:  This is way awkward.

Betty:  Yeah, we should submit this moment to that Awkward Family Photos website.

Eduardo:  Look, I’m your father, and I do not approve of that hairstyle.

Dayana Hwang:  Well, I’m your daughter, and I don’t approve of your lifestyle, so there.

Eduardo:   . . .

Betty:  *giggle* Morris, you are terrible!

Wendell:  What IS THAAAAAAT?

Wendell:  OMG. Grandma, you gotta help me! There’s the crazy thing with tentacles and smoke and three thousand eyes and it’s under my bed and it’s trying to EAT ME!

Arianna:  I don’t know, Wendell. I’ve been alive for many generations of children and I have never ever heard of a monster under the bed.

Wendell:  Pleeeeeease, Grandma!

Arianna:  Oh, Okay. I’m sure this “monster repellent” I happen to have lying around will take care of it.

Wendell:  Are you sure?

Arianna:  Tell you what, tomorrow we’ll get you a magic nightlight, too, okay?

Wendell:  Okay, as long as it’s really magic.

Arianna:  It will be really super magic. I promise. Now can we both experience the magic of a good night’s sleep?

Wendell:  Okay, grandma. Thanks.

Betty:  Okay, Betty. All is peaceful. All is calm. Everyone's asleep. It's go time.

Betty: Just like we did it in rehearsal. Between the bed and the door so Morris can’t get up and witness it, and nobody else can come through the door to witness it either.

Betty:  Right . . . about  . . .

Betty:  There!

Reaper:  Ah! Nice technique. Minimizing the sad moodlets. You’ve been practicing.

Reaper:  You sure you don’t want me to wake anybody up?

Betty:  I’m sure. This is the best way.

R.I.P. Betty Pancakes. Much beloved Wife, Mother, and Grandmother. Brilliant musician. Seriously one of my favorite sims. We'll miss you.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2016, 03:06:00 PM »
Oh noooo, not Betty!?
I love how affectionate Morris and Betty remained and who can forget "The Pancake Girl" song?

Rest in Peace, Betty Morris! Mallory and Wendell will continue to carry your torch!
*sniff, sniff

And by the way, is that your dynasty house on the Twin Oracle Point lot? It looks amazing!
To be honest, Betty's passing shocked me so much that I forgot my other comments. Wendell is just super-cool!
Arianna looks hot in her Diamond Agent outfit, and I cracked up when Betty called her a show-off for levitating.
Mallory's remark about "Awkward Family Photos" is also full of win! I bet those dirty dishes in front of the house must drive you crazy!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »
Goodbye, Pancake Girl.  The house and yard look really great.  I like the photo at night with all of the lights and ambiance.  Very nice!

Curveball

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2016, 03:06:22 PM »
Aaaaw Betty :( It's so sad that she had a "dying technique", but I think in the Sims universe people would have things like that. I loved the relationship between her and Morris, they were so sweet together.

Offline laurenannie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2016, 06:36:10 PM »
Oh poor Betty. It's always so sad to see the spouses go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2016, 07:48:39 PM »
Oh no!  Betty!  Don't go!  That was too sad, but terrific technique.  (jots down note to self)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2016, 01:46:44 PM »
@oshizu Thank you! Yeah, Betty and Morris are the sweetest. By far my favorite sims couple.
That is the house on the Twin Oracle Point lot. Thank you! I really like how it turned out, and the location is great. I just wish the lot were bigger. The yard is full and there is no place for a water slide!
The dishes in front of the house do drive me crazy! I think I actually managed to clean them up once, and then somebody else left a dish in the same spot. Maddening!

@Caterina Thanks! I love the way the house looks at night, too.

@Curveball Thank you! Yes, I think the "dying technique" was a very sims thing to do. Betty did it all on her own, and I was very frustrated in the moment, because I felt like Morris would have wanted to be with her when she went, but when I think about it, that was very appropriate for Betty. She was a great helper all the way to the end!

@laurenannie I agree! I get very attached to the spouses, and having them go is really hard.

@Joria Thanks! I didn't plan it that way. Betty's technique was all her own doing, but it was really very effective!

Chapter 24:  Encore

Morris:  Whoa. What just happened?

Morris:  Okay, who are you and what are you doing in my bedroom?  And why is there an urn on my dresser?  Oh, wait . . . oh, no. Betty.

Morris:  Of course it would be time for this right now.

Morris:  Yes, I find myself in need of a service.

Betty:  Seriously?  Already? I’m not even cold yet.

Betty:  *grumbles* Right in the middle of afterlife orientation. I do love this piano, though.

Betty:  Couldn’t even go a couple of hours without seeing me, huh?  Pretty fancy trick you pulled, hiring a pianist right away.

Morris:  Not as fancy as the one you pulled, slipping away while everybody was sleeping. Hey, take a break, would you?

Morris:  I miss you so much already.

Betty:  I’m just a phone call away, sweetie.

Morris:  I get the feeling I’m going to be spending a lot of money on piano performances.

Betty:  Change it up now and then with guitar, okay? Wouldn’t want anyone to get bored.

Morris:  Anything you say.

Arianna:  Good to see you, Betty! The house won’t be the same without you.

Betty:  Well, I’m definitely coming back to visit for this new DJ booth. This thing is awesome!

Mallory:  I love you, Mom.

Betty:  Say it with tips, dear. My ghostly hourly wage is abysmal.

Eduardo:  I mean, come on. Is there anything I can’t do?

Gemma:  Oh, did I not mention that I’m a level 7 astronaut? Yes, well, I don’t like to brag.

Eduardo:  So, Dimitri, Travis, have you considered the opportunities offered by a job in the handyman field? I’m currently accepting applications to be my successor, and I think both of you have real potential.

Wendell:  Lady, you are way too old for me.

Traci Spencer-Kim-Lewis:  You know, at this point in a dynasty, having an older spouse who will die early and open up space in the household can be a real advantage. Just sayin’.

Wendell:  Yeah, I’m going to go and play spaceman.

Eduardo:  Well, what do you say, Dimitri? You’re pretty skinny, but overall I think you’ve got what it takes. Want to join the team?

Dimitri: Eh. I’ve got nothing else going on.

Eduardo:  That’s the spirit!

Gemma:  Get ready, heaven, Gemma Goth is about to claim her well-deserved place in your ranks.

Arianna:  Oh, gosh. It was so considerate of her to slip away quietly while everyone was asleep. That woman was a real treasure.

Arianna:  Graveyard’s filling out quite nicely. I’m almost sad I’ll never get to have my own headstone here. *knocks on wood*

Dimitri:  And so far . . . I hate it. That recruiter greatly played down the actual handiwork part of this job.

Wendell:  This meeting of The Brat Pack will now come to order. First order of business, everyone put on your shades. Item two: PUPPET SHOW!  WOOOOO!

Mallory:  Well, another birthday. He goes - holy smokes, Lucien! Have you been working out?

Lucien:  Now, now, honey. You have your birthday moment. I’m sure no one is looking at my abs.

Mallory:  I’m about to grow eyes in the back of my head so I can have the pleasure of looking at them from more angles. Wowie zowie!

Lucien: Stop. You’re making me blush.

Maaike:  I’m sorry, Dimitri. You’re a nice guy and all, but Handymen Anonymous is an exclusive club, and you don’t really make the cut.

Dimitri:  You can’t be serious. Ever since Eduardo aged up you don’t even have an actual Handyman in the club. You have to let me in.

Morgan: Actually, no we don’t. Maaike is doing an awesome job as leader, and to be frank, you’re no Eduardo. Come on Maaike, let’s go listen to alternative music.

Dimitri:  Stupid exclusive club. *grunt* I’ll show them. *ugh*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2016, 03:41:09 PM »
Happy adult birthday to Mallory!

So hard to imagine Handymen Anonymous without Eduardo. Pfft, Morgan suggesting to Maaike that they go listen to alternative music.
You go Dimitri! Fill out that scrawny body of yours and make them beg you to join their club, hahahaha.
Will Eduardo's grey shirt become a tradition? That shirt is really hard for a teen to pull off!

Great update!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2016, 03:57:18 PM »
I am NOT going to be happy when Eduardo passes on.  Betty coming back was just too perfect.  She's so sassy.  It was great seeing her at the piano.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2016, 12:54:50 AM »
Just a quick note to announce that chapter links have been added to the first post, thanks to the lovely, incomparable @oshizu! I take no credit for them. All I did was copy and paste, though she did provide me with instructions for creating new ones, so I should be able to keep up with updating the list as new chapters come out.

Please, everyone raise a glass (or coffee mug) to oshizu! Cheers!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2016, 02:16:32 PM »
@oshizu I know! Handymen Anonymous without Eduardo is just odd. I set the age requirements as Young Adult or Adult in order to only add women of childbearing age, but forgot to change it before Eduardo aged up and he got kicked out and I lost control of the club entirely. Poor Dimitri! I've never had a sim get turned down flat when asking to join a club before so that was a bit of a shock.

@Joria You're not the only one! Eduardo has many admirers both online and off! I'm so glad Betty can come back, too! I'm very grateful to @Ricalynn for teaching me that trick about hiring a ghost musician in her Dynasty story. It's super helpful!

Chapter 25:  Bulking Up

Wendell:  Chi Behr! My dawg! My bestie! Party animals for life!

Chi Behr: For life!

Mallory:  Maaike, are you even serious?  First you have your stupid club gathering here and won’t let Dimitri in, and now you’re making a microwave pastry when our fridge is literally brimming with impeccable-quality food made by a master chef?

Maaike:  I had a pregnancy craving. Back off.

Dimitri:  Mmm. Grrr. Pound it! Gotta put on some weight! More cake! Feel the burn!

Dimitri:  Baked Alaska?  Morris, you spoil me!

Morris:  Well, it’s nice to cook for someone who appreciates my food for a change. I’ve got a batch of Weight of the World ice cream going, too, when you’re finished with that.

Dimitri:  This house is a glutton’s paradise!

Dimitri:  So?

Morris:  I think it might need more bacon. Give me a sec.

Dimitri:  So, come on, don’t you think you need a handyman in the handyman club?

Maaike:  Well, okay, I guess you’ve proven your qualifications. You can join.

Dimitri:  Can I be the leader, too?

Maaike:  Weeeeelllll, tell you what. You come upgrade all the appliances at my house, and I’ll think about it.

Dimitri:  So Traci, through charisma, cunning, and a strict regimen of ice cream and weight training, I’ve finally managed to take over a certain notorious club, and I’m wondering if you’d like to become a member.

Traci Spencer-Kim-Lewis:  Sounds suspicious. I’m in!

Dimitri:  Lillian, can I count on seeing you at our next meeting?

Lillian Goth:  Heck. Yes.

Arianna:  It was so sweet of you to invite us out, honey. We’ve all been too cooped up at home.

Mallory:  Get a room, you two!

J:  How about we just get a closet?

Mallory:  I did not need to hear that!

Mallory:  Hey, this is kind of fun. We should get out more often.

Lucien:  I don’t know, man, I’m afraid Dimitri’s girlfriends are going to start scratching each other’s eyes out any second.

Dimitri:  So, I’ve been working out.

Yuki:  So I’ve noticed.

Dimitri:  You wanna-

Yuki:  Yup!

Morris:  You know, you’re looking pretty good these days, you could probably cool it on the ice cream if it’s that painful.

Dimitri:  No, no. It’s the good kind of hurt. I love it. I just have to breathe through the pain.

Morris:  Seth, my man! How’s tricks?

Seth:  Hey, any day I manifest is a good day.

Morris:  I heard that.

Seth:  Hey Dimitri, maybe you should slow down a bit.

Dimitri:  NEVER!!

Morris:  Sore subject, dude. He’s had, like, six bowls of that stuff and he can’t gain an ounce.

Arianna:  Okay, I realize the red plumbob matches my dress, but enough is enough. I gotta retire.

Mallory:  This is some of Lucien’s best work. I didn’t think reading a book about myself could be so compelling, but it’s really a page-turner. I could read this over and over.

Wendell:  Super-cool guy approaches birthday cake . . .

Wendell:  He shoots!

Wendell: He scores!

Wendell:  I realize I’m gilding the lily here, but I just couldn’t resist giving myself a little makeover.

Welcome to Team Pancakes, Wendell! Bob's jawline will never die! Also, Team Bustamante, because look at that awesome nose! Woo!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2016, 02:55:02 PM »
Yay, Dimitri for getting accepted into Handmen Anonymous. (Just who does Maaike think she is?!)
I guess if you really wanted Dimitri to bulk up, there's always the weight machine. I have to confess how much I dislike over-muscled thighs in slim jeans, though. :-(

I'm glad that Arianna is finally able to retire. That's a grueling work schedule for an elder!

Hahaha, "gilding the lily," indeed! I'm not sure I've ever seen Lucien without his sunglasses before--he's so cute!
Lucky you, getting the Bustamente nose to pass onto Wendell! He's just adorable!
You often mention the "Pancakes jawline," but I'm not sure what you mean since Bob has a beard. Are you referring to Eliza's jawline?
And Wendell's upswept hair is the perfect look!

P.S. Love Mallory's new look in her lavender shirt with black pants!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2016, 11:46:41 PM »
I really like how you do the parent-child collages.  Wendell is a very unique and attractive looking sim.  Congrats!