Author Topic: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty [COMPLETE]  (Read 165957 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2016, 02:24:00 PM »
@oshizu Let me see if I can show you what I mean:

Top Row: Average Jaw
Bottom Row:  Pancakes Jaw!
(Also totally the cover of the Spiffendale's first album if we ever get the ability to form bands in Sims 4)

It's like the distance between the bottom of the nose and the bottom of the chin. I feel like Lucian and Wendell are almost identical if you just look at the top halves of their heads, but then the bottom half . . . .Wendell's chin just goes on for days! I think that comes all the way from good old Bob. Maybe it's the chin? The cheeks are also involved somehow. All I know is the second a sim ages up to Young Adult I immediately see Bob.

Also now you can see why I absolutely had to use that hair for Wendell. He needed something to balance out the one-two punch of chin and nose. I think he's really handsome, although I'm a little concerned about how female children might age up.

@Caterina I'm so glad you like the collages! I'm completely addicted to making them. I totally agree about Wendell, can you tell? ;)

Chapter 26:  And All the Ladies Wept

Wendell:  Hey Layla, I know the dragon is wicked cool and all, but the club meeting ended, like, twelve hours ago. Shouldn’t you maybe go home?

Layla Fyres:  So then I was all, “No Meduso is the coolest,” and she was all, “Yorier is clearly the coolest,” and I was like, “Whatever.”

Drago:  Please send help.

Eduardo:  That sound you hear is all the ladies in four cities falling to their knees and weeping. Farewell, ladies! I shall miss each and every one of you.

Reaper:  Okay, Eduardo Meadows, elder male, preceded in death by his wife, Gemma, survived by his forty-three children and- Wait a minute, forty-three children? That can’t be right.

Eduardo:  And two on on the way!

Reaper:  Quiet, you!

Eduardo:  More than twice as many kids as Don Lothario!

Reaper:  Hey! Less bragging, more dying.

Dimitri:  *sigh* I just wish I could put on a few pounds. That’s all.

Arianna:  Kallie, honey, you’re on fire!

Kallie Lee:  But . .. the clay! I can’t. Stop. Sculpting.

Wendell:  Oh, yes. This is what I was born to do.

Chi Behr:  Oh, man. Too much partying.

Wendell:  Blasphemy! Rally the troops and we shall party on!

Mallory:  Oh, honey! I’m really starting to feel like we have a handle on this! Thank you so much for writing those Books of Life. You’re a lifesaver.

Lucien:  Hehe. Literally!

Mallory:  Hang on, sweetie. I want to hear your serenade, but I really need to max handiness. Let me just finish this upgrade.

Lucien:  Hey, when the muse strikes, the muse strikes. I’ve got some love for you, baby, and I’ve got to let it out right now.

Lucas Behr:  Man, I can’t wait until I’m a teenager!

Wendell:  Oof. Enjoy your childhood while you can, little guy. The pressures of teenagedom are no joke. I haven’t slept since I aged up.

Eduardo:  Sounds good, kiddo!

Wendell:  Thanks, man. Skilling up at night is kind of a thankless job. It’s nice to have an audience for once.

Eduardo:  Hey, that’s what ghosts are for!

Wendell:  Hey, do you think you could help with my homework after this?

Eduardo:  Why not?  It’s never too late to get a little fathering in, even if you aren’t my actual kid.

Eduardo:  Yup, I’m awesome at this, too.

Wendell:  Well, you’re not bad.

Wendell:  So, about girls . . .

Eduardo:  Haha! My friend, you’ve come to the right place.

Arianna:  Listen, I’m not coming in to work today. Or ever again. I’m finally doing it. I’m retiring! No, I will not come in for a debriefing! I’ve turned down those tell-all book people like fifty times! I am clearly not going to give up any secrets. Sheesh!

Arianna:  So, a weenie roast? That’s pretty ambitious for a first party.

Wendell:  Gram, I am the party king. It’s going to be off the hook. I’ve moved back all the log furniture to limit guest combustion. I’ve got everybody roasting hot dogs right off the bat. I’ve got my man Morris on the grill over there.

Morris: Hey-yoooo!

Wendell:  You’ve got nothing to worry about.

Lucien:  I have to admit, our boy did a nice job. I think everybody is really digging it.

Wendell:  So, Kristen, you’re a glutton, then, I’m guessing.

Kristen Rosa:  Ommnomnomnomnom!

Wendell:  Sweet. I feel that.

Wendell:  Whoa. I guess Grampa Morris learned a new ice cream flavor.

Wendell:  It’s not easy being green . . .

Eduardo:  Weeeeellll, ain’t no party like a dynasty ghost party . ..

J:  'Cause a dynasty ghost party goes .  . .

Both:  ALL NIGHT LONG!

RIP Eduardo Meadows. May your suave, handsome ghost haunt this family for endless generations to come.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2016, 09:19:04 PM »
Oooh, when you show them all lined up from the slide like that, it's so much easier to understand what you mean.
Eliza's chin looks rather normal so it's the Bob Pancakes chin! Hmmm, I see, I see.
But it does not, in the least, detract from Wendell's charm. And I adore how Wendell talks, him and his dawg Chi Behr, hahaha.

I really loved this chapter! Wendell's time has really come and everyone, even Lucien, has receded to the background.

Except for Eduardo. How cool that he returned as a ghost wearing "that shirt," offering girl advice to Wendell.
Wow, 43 with two on the way---now that's a man who loved this job! Or loved, uh, something.

Dimitri is so lean--part of me wishes I had his problem of not gaining despite cartons of ice cream.
Wendell looked great in green and you didn't even have to change his outfit to match!

I chuckled to note that Kirsten Rosa and Wendell both we pink shades. But her shoes! Lol, I'd be tempted to subject her to a closet intervention.

Although Don Lothario was the creator of "The Threshold" concept, Eduardo was such a memorable presence for his sass, his self-admiration, his blinding speedo, and smooth-talking ways.
Eduardo, there will never be another you! *wipes tears

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2016, 05:04:25 PM »
@oshizu Don't worry! Dear Kristen Rosa gets her well-deserved closet intervention, though ironically I think I might have kept those shoes. :)

Chapter 27:  One Too Many

Wendell:  So Corina, do you find it hard to take me seriously in these party glasses?

Corina Bjergson:  Very.

Wendell:  What about if I waggle my eyebrows?

Corina:  Stop! I’m going to spit cake!

Lucien:  How ‘bout a little kiss for my foxy lady?

Mallory:  *swoons*

Bear Hat:  So uncomfortable right now.

Lucien:  Hey kid, you should be taking notes on how to have a sweet intimate moment with the woman you love. It might come in handy someday.

Bear Hat:  Okay then, first rule of intimate moments:  have them in the middle of raucous parties. I’ll be sure to write that down.

Lucien:  Don’t sass your elders, Bear Hat.

Morris:  That’s sweet of you to clean up, Wendell.

Wendell:  Hey, dirty dishes are a major party foul. A responsible party animal always keeps it clean.

Dimitri:  Hmmm, Kristen Rosa looks mighty nice without her sunglasses, and she’s a glutton like me. She might just be the woman of my scrawny pollinator dreams.

Dimitri:  J, my man! You should have shown up earlier! I’m afraid the elder crowd is all partied out!

J:  Wow. You’d never know that’s the lady who once kept me out all night on a date, partying so hard I peed myself.

Dimitri:  Whoa! For real?

Dimitri:  So . . . .about the other day.

Lillian:  You’re a louse and a skunk, Dimitri. You disgust me, and I can’t even believe I am carrying your child.

Dimitri:  It’s just . . . the club activities.

Lillian:  And that’s another thing! That club is a horror show! Everyone’s pregnant and you’re just jumping in and out of closets with whomever is convenient! I’m appalled.

Dimitri:  So I’m guessing a nice date while listening to pop music would be a nonstarter, then?

Lillian:  ARRRGH! *storms off*

Dimitri:  Okay, I’m just going to have to suspend club meetings until I get Serial Romantic finished up. This is nuts.

Lucien:  Wendell, your grandfather must be stopped.

Wendell:  Uh-oh. Did he make you angry? I get the feeling he wouldn’t like you when you’re angry.

Lucien:  Just for that, I’m not helping you with your homework.

Morris:  There are many unanswered questions in the universe. How? Why? To what end? I think I am embodying most, if not all, of these questions right here and now in this bathroom.

Wendell:  Wow, what a fascinating book, and a truly compelling main character. What’s his name, again?  Oh, that’s right. It’s Wendell. This book is about me and my thrilling adventures.

Mallory:  So, Travis-

Travis:  Oh, no. Is this the “Good Friends” portion of the festivities?

Mallory:  You guessed it!

Travis:  All right, all right. You’re not turning elder very soon, though, are you?

Mallory:  Not for another week or so, but I’ve finished everything else, and I figure I can keep up with a few friendship-maintaining phone calls per day until then.

Travis:  Okay, then. Let’s do this. Give me some tips on handiness or something.

Mallory:  I’m so glad you asked!

Dimitri:  Oh, boy. I don’t feel so good. I think I finally had one too many weight gain ice cream cones.

Wendell:  Hey, Sugar Princess! Thanks for inviting me to your birthday party!

Catherine Lee:  I can’t believe you came! My party is going to be so awesome now!

Wendell:  You bet it is! I wouldn’t let a fellow club member down! Now let’s rock this joint.

Mallory:  Whoa. So crowded, am I right?

Kallie Lee:  Yeah, we should probably move the stereo out of this bedroom. Not the best spot for dancing.

Catherine Lee:  Woohoo! Age up alert!

Wendell:  Okay. That awkward moment when your adorable childhood friend is suddenly super hot. Going to just focus on my cake for a minute.

Wendell: So, I mean . . . wow. Look at you! I mean . . .just

Catherine:  You don’t think the crop top is too much?

Wendell:  Too much is not the way I would describe it, no.

Corina Bjergsen:  Well, I guess that’s it for this round of dynasty spouse hunting.

Kristen Rosa:  *shrugs* You never know, she could get a really bad Young Adult trait.

Corina:  I won’t hold my breath.

Dimitri:  Awww, it’s my little nooboo. I know you probably don’t recognize your Daddy because he’s put on a bit of weight, but I promise you inside I’m still the same guy.

Samara Holiday: About time that deadbeat did a little parenting. I need a nap like whoa.

Morris:  Hey, honey! Gosh, I’m sorry you’re bored, but being grey really makes you stand out distinctly against the wall. It’s almost like you’re alive again, just in black and white. You look beautiful.

Wendell:  Wow. When I get married, and then my wife dies, and then comes back as a ghost, I want it to be just like that.

Dimitri:  Hello there, treadmill. I know I’ve been ignoring you thus far in favor of the weight machine, but I think we’re about to become very close.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2016, 05:28:07 PM »
Hahaha, I'm absolutely dying here!

I'll just go in order of your update.
Is the adorable guy in pink slacks standing in front of Wendell (awesome party outfit, Wendell!) Chi Behr? Is Chi the son of Eduardo and Yuki?

Dimitri with Lillian--wow, did that relationship go south! Is he just not smooth enough? Did Don and Eduardo have such troubles before completing Serial Romantic? (don't think so!)
How shocking that Mallory is already only one sim-week away from elderhood!
Even more shocking is Dimitri's abrupt weight gain! That poor guy; I never realized before that the pear shape could be "cultivated."

Such lovely girls for Wendell to choose from! Are Catherine, Kristen, and Corina all Eduardo's girls? I love how Kristen and Corina already know about the jinx of the bad YA trait, lol.

Wendell is always so fly! I love him. And I feel so bad for Dimitri! *hands him a diet supplement

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2016, 06:48:19 PM »
Holds stomach in serious pain from laughing so hard.  Really, really funny.  Even dying was a hoot.  "Less bragging and more dying."  How do you come up with these one liners?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2016, 04:22:38 PM »
Woo, finally made it to the end! Well, the end so far. I love everything about this, particularly the abundance of ghosts. Are they as annoying as Sims 3 ghosts or are they pretty much just like convenient visitors who do things for you? I find the pollinator concept so exhausting, but you seem to pull it off with relatively little difficulty, maybe i'm overblowing it.  Plus your polliators are all super charming. And handy. Handsy.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2016, 07:12:25 PM »
@oshizu Yup, that's Chi. He's adorable. I very strongly considered making him the spouse and using the gender customization options to bring in Gen 5, but Wendell sort of decided on his spouse himself through whims, so Chi is just a close family friend and fixture at all parties.
As for Dimitri *shakes head* . . . he's just sort of hapless. I had no such troubles with Don or Eduardo, but Dimitri is constantly getting rejected or caught cheating and his first eight or nine kids were all boys. He's pretty much the worst. Always in some state of embarrassment. After a while it just got funny, though, and I became very fond of him.
Yes, all of the spouse choices this time around are Eduardo's kids. I can't really blame the game for not generating any more kids or teens. Eduardo was nothing if not prolific. :)

@Joria Thank you! Your reaction is just what I hope for every time!

@Tilia Thank you for reading! I love the ghosts, too, but they can be pretty annoying. They love to possess things and break them. Having a full-time handyman on staff is necessary just to deal with that. I'm not sure what I will do when we run out of room for one. Still, the ghosts are not as annoying as Sims 3 ghosts. For one, they don't go around waking everyone up. The also fairly often do the dishes and clean spoiled food out of the refrigerator or take out the trash. They do tend to angrily kick the trash can over more often than I'd like, but overall they're nice to have around.
The pollinating thing is a lot of work, but it can be done mostly while the active heir is at school or work and I find myself at little at loose ends when I don't have an active pollinator going. I've also got my formula for seduction down pretty well, and of course there's the magic threshold, so it doesn't take too long. The only real issue is child gender. Of Eduardo's 43 children, only 10 were girls despite listening to pop music with the pregnant ladies whenever he could. Still, I like the pollinators. They're just quirky members of the family.

Chapter 28:  Shiny Places

Mallory:  So you see, friendly maid-

Friendly Maid:  I have a name.

Mallory:  I bet you do! Good for you! And that’s the sort of thing I’m going to care about and remember once we’re good friends. What do you say?

Friendly Maid:  Well, it beats picking up ice cream bowls.

Betty:  You know, I bet people expected the sappiness to go down a few notches once I died.

Morris:  In your face, people! This is The Morris Show. All sappiness, all the time. Can’t stop. Won’t stop.

Betty:  Awwww. Never stop.

Betty:  I still hate this place, though.

Morris:  I’m still really good at pretending not to hear you when you say that.

Betty:  I do still love this nectar. Shoot, is this going to make a puddle, now? I hate that.

Bald Waitress:  That’s it! I’d rather die than serve one more plate of sizzled brisket!

Everyone in the Entire Restaurant:  No! Not her! She was my favorite waitress!

Reaper:  Guys, none of you has any relationship with this woman. I’ve got it all right here.

EitER:  Oh, bald waitress! We’ll never forget you!  *uncontrollable sobbing*

Morris:  Betty?  Don’t you want your dessert? Oh well, no sense in letting it go to waste.

Wendell:  Portrait of a Studious Young Man, Studiously Posed. Who is this devastatingly handsome Adonis in a sparkly suit?  He exudes such mystery and charisma. His every move conjures Fosse and DeMille. He is Wendell Spiffendale, dynasty heir, party animal, and straight-A student.

Wendell:  Hey! Layla Fyres! You aged up predictably hot.

Layla:  Well, I aim to please . . . I guess.

Wendell:  Wendell Spiffendale, Ladies Man.

Wendell:  So, Catherine . . . traits?

Catherine:  I’m warning you, they’re pretty good ones.

Corina:  I’m just going to keep photo-bombing you guys disapprovingly until someone admits that I’m hot and a viable candidate for dynasty spouse.

Wendell:  Corina, I love you, honey, but you’re a hot-headed snob, and you’re sort of frighteningly muscular, so I’m afraid you’re friendzoned. No hard feelings, okay?

Corina:  Pffff! Whatever.

Wendell:  Okay, then. Gotta start somewhere.

Dimitri:  And the handyman is back in fighting form! Take that, bathroom sink!

Dimitri:  Kacie Munch, you rainbow-haired goddess. Thank you so much for agreeing to this date. I’d lost my mojo there for a bit, but I think you might just be the lady to help me get it back.

Kacie:  Honestly, Dimitri, and this may be the mood lamp talking, but I think the most alluring thing about you is that you never really had any mojo to begin with. I like that.

Dimitri:  Okay, whatever works.

Lucien: Yeah, man. That’s right. That’s the image I was going for. It really expresses my inner Lucien.

Dimitri:  So, I’m cooling it on the club for awhile, and just taking things nice and slow. I really appreciate you coming over, by the way. It’s nice to talk just the two of us.

Lillian:  I agree, and I’m glad to hear about the club. This is a really nice threshold, by the way. I can’t quite explain it, but I feel like I could just hang out here with you all day.

*several hours later*

Lillian:  Okay, I’m in a sauna full of dancing teenagers, and I’ve just tried for baby again with a man I despise. What even is my life? Like, seriously, what is going on here? Someone help me out.

Mallory:  Did we get boring? Do you think we’re boring?

Lucien: Nah, girl. We’re still on fire.

Mallory:  I feel like maybe we’re boring.

Lucien:  Did you want to spice things up a little? Maybe hit up the hot tub or something?

Mallory:  Oh, gosh no. I’m exhausted. I just want to go to sleep.

Lucien: Same here, baby. We can be interesting in the morning.

Mallory:  Good plan.

Wendell:  I appreciate the support, Catherine, but this is not really a dance-y tune.

Catherine:  Hey, Chopin is my jam. Turn it up.

Wendell:  Ummmm . . .

Mallory:  Curtis!

Curtis:  What?

Mallory: I said, Curtis!

Curtis: What? I can’t hear you over these sick beats!

Mallory: Do you want to be best friends?

Curtis:  What?

Mallory:  I said do you want to be best friends?

Curtis: Do I want a fresh lens? No, I don’t even really do photography.

Mallory: *sigh* Okay, just give me a hug and maybe we’ll get the smiley faces.

Curtis:  Sure! I love shiny places!

Mallory:  Phew! Okay, that’s done. I should never have installed those subwoofers on this thing.

Kristen:  You okay, Ms. Spiffendale?

Arianna:  Huh?  Oh yeah, I’m fine. Just a little bored. Want to do makeovers?

Kristen:  Okay.

Lucas Behr:  Can’t. Stop. Dancing!

Wendell:  Shake it don’t break it, man.

Kristen:  Wow! I am adorable!

Lucas Behr:  Oh, gosh! Kristen, you look amazing!

Kristen:  I know! I feel like the end of an 80’s teen movie or something. We should totally make out!

Lucas Behr:  Oh! Okay!

Wendell:  Ah, young love!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2016, 08:42:45 PM »
How do you do it, Francesca!
Every update, I think you can't get any more hilarious. *happy sigh

Oh dear Wendell! You got all da moves and all da grooves. Still I giggled when Mallory worried about becoming boring--it's hard to compete with Wendell Spiffendale.

Dimitri is trying so hard to get back in the game, lol. If I were playing a dynasty right now and had your friendly maid as my friend maid, I'd turn him into the polllinator in a snap.
You are such a kind and gentle Watcher, though, helping Dimitri through his all-life crises. Oh Lillian, you fell for it again--i feel your pain!

The Behr brothers turned out so cute! Huzzah for Eduardo genes! Post-makeover Kristen is adorable. Catherine, give up, girl--he's not into you!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2016, 09:01:17 PM »
I loooove that you can do makeovers now in the closet, it really makes life easier.  And yes, she looks just like the end of a 90s movie.

Okay, I’m in a sauna full of dancing teenagers, and I’ve just tried for baby again with a man I despise. What even is my life? Like, seriously, what is going on here? Someone help me out.

Hate when that happens.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2016, 02:03:12 PM »
@oshizu Thank you so much! You are such a devoted reader. Friendly Maid (Ariel, I think?) was unfortunately evil so making him a pollinator was a no-go. Besides, poor Dimitri didn't need another blow to his ego! :)
Agreed on the Behr brothers! Yuki has some great genes, as you well know from your Apocalypse Challenge.

@Tilia I know, right? One minute everything's fine, and the next . . . sauna full of teenagers. :) I love the closet, too. Probably my favorite game object ever.

Chapter 29:  When Life Gives You Hot Dogs

Morris:  Okay! Roast chicken! Done! Can I please take a nap, now? Darn kid and his parties are going to be the death of me.

Wendell:  Thanks, Grampa! You’re the best! SELFIE TIME! WOO!

Morris:  Ah, I see Luna is continuing the great tradition of useless townie bartenders. Keep it up, Girl.

Luna:  Pew! Pew! Pew! Neeeeerrrrrrr! Boom!

Lucien:  Why do I have a bad feeling about this party?

Wendell:  Well, hot dog! Looks like I got me a date with a pretty lady. We may have been kicked out of your house for trying to bake a hamburger cake, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop.

Catherine:  Wendell, you’re ridiculous. Why are you still wearing that?

Wendell:  I know. It’s weird, right? When they sent me a hot dog costume, I expected a lot more pants! Get it? Because when a dog is hot, it-

Catherine: Pants! Ow, that’s painful!

Catherine:  Oh! Surprise much?

Wendell:  Don’t be coy. I saw you checking out my buns.

Catherine:  Now, you’re sure you want to wear that into the club?

Wendell:  What? They love me in that place. They even named one of their bar snacks after me!

Catherine:  I don’t think the currywurst is named after you.

Wendell:  No, no. Not the currywurst. I’m clearly a kielbasa. What’s wrong with you? No, the Wendell Fries are named after me.

Catherine:  There are no Wendell Fries.

Wendell:  I guess we’ll just have to settle this inside.

Wendell:  Hey Wendell Dog, why are hot dogs wrapped in a membrane?

Just encase!

Hey Wendell Dog, how many hot dogs does it take to go all the way around the world?

Just one! In an airplane!

Wendell Dog, you are as hilarious as you are handsome.

Wendell:  Hey Corina, if you put a hot dog on a table facing north, which direction would it go?

Corina:  What?

Wendell:  Into my mouth!

Corina:  Okay, I don’t want to date you anymore.

Wendell:  Well, you know how to get a hot dog to be quiet, don’t you?

Corina:  *sigh* How?

Wendell:  Hushpuppy!

Wendell:  You didn’t know the Oscar Meyer Weiner song could sound so sultry, did you?

Catherine:  I had no idea.

Wendell:  Hey, I don’t mean to be rude, but would you mind changing your outfit?

Catherine:  Oh, am I dressed inappropriately for this weenie roast?

Wendell:  No, in all seriousness, I think you’re gorgeous, but I’m just curious how you’d look if you didn’t have the exact same haircut as my Mom.

Wendell:  Oh-ho! Is that a hot dog in your pocket or-

Catherine:  Shut up and kiss me!

Catherine:  Wow!

Wendell:  Oh, man. I know! I’m exhausted. Do you have any idea how hard it was to get this costume back on? Phew!

Lucien:  Looks like the salads are working for you, bro.

Dimitri:  Yeah, I’m pretty much back in shape. I gotta say, though, these body image issues are a real killer. My new goal is just to be comfortable in my own skin.

Lucien:  Hey. Right on.

Breana:  Awww. This takes me back to my first encounter with a handyman.

Dayana:  Mom! Awkward!

Dimitri:  No, it’s cool. At this point I have pretty much no shame.

Dimitri:  So that’s a free makeover, membership in a highly exclusive club, and a guaranteed pregnancy to carry on your lineage or your money back.

Lorelei Kidd:  Is there a tote bag or anything?

Dimitri:  Not yet, but I’ve been talking to vendors.

Wendell:  I miss my hot dog suit, but that foam hat was pretty much soundproof, and the hat hair was not to be believed!

Wendell:  All the ladies in the pool say “Weeen-dell!”  *high voice* “Weeen-dell!”

Dimitri:  So have you considered the opportunities that hair might offer you? I’ve had hair pretty much my whole life, and I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Wendell:  Do I ever get tired of reading about myself?  I do not.

Curtis:  Get it, Dimitri!

Dimitri:  You know it!

Layla:  Don't get flirty with me, Wendell Spiffendale. I know you're dating Catherine.

Wendell:  Hey. Sometimes The Wendell cannot be contained.

Dimitri:  Ugh. Why do I keep doing this to myself?

Lucien:  You’ll never break my record with an attitude like that!

Dimitri:  Morris needs a new hobby.

Lucien:  Yeah, so do we.

Author's note:  Credit where credit is due, my husband is responsible for all the bad hot dog jokes. I e-mailed him and said, "Quick! I need a bunch of jokes about hot dogs!" and this chapter was the result.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2016, 03:28:37 PM »
Hahahaha *spits all over the computer screen then dies laughing
I never even knew hot dog jokes were even a genre until now, but they matched both Wendell's look and your images perfectly. Hats off to you both!!!
Wendell keeps saying he's a party animal but is he doing that aspiration, too?

Also, there's something about Wendell that really brings the funny out of Francesca--is it this particular sim's personality and aspiration? I'm loving it--with Wendell, the fun can never stop.
Everybody shout "Wendell"! *shouts "Wendell" and waves my glowstick

I'm eager to see who Wendell chooses or has he decided on Catherine?
*wipes my monitor screen clean

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2016, 09:34:20 PM »
Francesca, can I adopt you please?  I need some funny in my life and it seems you can't ever not be funny.  Weeeeendellll is almost as funny as Eduardo was, (but not quite the panache).  The hot dog jokes were horrible.  (That's a compliment)  Once again I must remind myself to never, ever be eating or drinking when reading something you wrote.  (Joins oshizu in washing off monitor)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2016, 12:17:15 PM »
Well, I didn't spit and I don't have a glow stick to wave but I do enjoy your writing very much.  Thanks for the smile!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2016, 07:31:23 PM »
Was the red-dreds the baldy after her makeover? Dimitri is so reserved and borderline uncertain in comparison to his predecessors. I sort of love it.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »
@oshizu Thank you so much. *Hands you a microfiber cloth to wipe your monitor* Yup. Wendell is a party animal officially. Every time I do that aspiration I say, "Never again." This time is no different, though Wendell's enthusiasm helps a bit. He definitely is one of my favorite sims ever. I don't know what it is, but he's just a joy to play and hang out with virtually. Everything flows. There's a bit of indecision regarding his spouse, mostly because he really obviously likes Catherine, but I find her kind of meh. She's cute, she's got good traits, everyone in the household is constantly popping whims to be friendly or funny with her . . . but. I just can't get a read on her personality. Hopefully that will change. She's a week younger than him, though, so who knows what could happen?

@Joria Absolutely you can adopt me! I'll get the paperwork started! Seriously, though, I'm so glad I can give you a chuckle or two. It makes me feel great. *continues handing out microfiber cloths*

@Caterina So glad you enjoy it! Also glad your monitor was spared any damage. :)

@Tilia No, red-dreads is a Patel. I can't for the life of me remember her name right now. Zoe's granddaughter . . .Adrienne's daughter . . . ugh. There's just too many! I really like that hairstyle, but it's funny to me that I installed it ages ago and it's never popped up randomly until now and suddenly both Alicia Landgraab and Mystery Patel are sporting it. It just must be all the rage in Oasis Springs high fashion this season.
I sort of love the contrast between Dimitri and the other pollinators, too. I found him really frustrating for a while, but in the end I have a real soft spot for him.

Chapter 30:  Brief but Momentous

Dimitri:  Alicia Landgraab, my my my. You are stunning! How would you like to come in and see my threshold?

Alicia:  I thought you’d never ask.

Dimitri: You didn't know it was possible to smolder in a pink crop top, did you?

Alicia: It had never actually occurred to me to wonder about that possibility. But please, don't stop.

Arianna:  Toooot!

Lucas Behr:   Okay, everybody! Young Adult in the house!

Lucien:  To my son, the coolest guy in any room, and the first person since Seth the evil Gardener to be able to pull off that suit.

Mallory:  I don’t know. I feel like good nectar is wasted on me. It just tastes like old grape juice.

Betty:  I see you’ve joined the useless bartender crowd, Morris. A bit hypocritical, don’t you think?

Morris:  Hey! I poured some nectar. A toast was had. Now hush and let me soak up your presence.

Wendell:  Oh! Ow! I mean, very nice, Grandma. Keep it up. Just maybe a little less like a dying donkey, okay?

Arianna:  Hey, I said I’d help you finish your aspiration. I didn’t say I would do it tunefully.

Mallory:  Whoa! I’m pretty sure my arms are not supposed to move this way, regardless of my age.

Lucien:  So?

Mallory:  Happiness. It tastes like happiness. Like snuggling a puppy after a nice warm bath. It tastes like the day we got married. It’s wonderful.

Lucien:  Sweet.