Author Topic: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty [COMPLETE]  (Read 168173 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2016, 08:56:21 AM »
I think Gerald would like to recruit Otto as a minion - love his style! It's definitely Wendell-esque, but with a charm all its own. He definitely loves playing the alien card, hey? And Karla, too - can't wait to see how she turns out, but she's definitely a great decision. Congrats on moving her in good and early! :)

And since I was a couple of chapters behind, I also want to comment on the sim shaming: beautiful! The candy, and the mourning, and...yeah. As a watcher, I can so relate.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2016, 02:37:55 PM »
@MarianT Great Scott! You're right! I forgot to do a collage! Let's investigate this question of nose and chin, shall we?

Bonus picture of Goopy as a slightly terrifying alien child! Side note: if you edit an alien in sim form in cas down to a child, and then go back to live mode and have him remove his disguise:  HORRORS! Oh, my word, the horror. Don't ever do that. He was, like a half-child, half-adult, with a side of Edward Scissorhands. Cannot unsee.

*ahem* Back on topic, I think we have a strong chance of preserving Lucien's nose, but the Pancakes jaw may finally have gone by the wayside. Otto is adorably baby-faced, much like his Dad. We'll see.

@oshizu Thank you! I love that hair on him, too. It's surprisingly hard to dress Otto without his skin clashing with his clothes, so he's largely monochromatic as a child, but that hair, that hair! Perfection.

Poor Goopster, indeed. He's a pretty good sport, though.

Yeah, I think the zaniness is back big-time, with perhaps a bit more maliciousness, but we'll see. :)

I adore Karla. Yuki Behr has some really incredible genes, as of course you know from your Apocalypse Challenge. Karla is Yuki and Dimitri's granddaughter, and Ullal's daughter (with Presley the child-hater), and she just made out like a bandit with all of their best features! Oooh! Maybe I need to do a Karla collage!

@Whirligig Otto is 100% on board! He and Gerald would have a blast. He does love playing up his alien status, although unfortunately he inherited exactly zilch in terms of alien powers. He can't even do the secret handshake. I'm having him overcompensate by telling tall tales. :)

Karla isn't quite moved in yet. We don't have room until somebody *ahem* leaves us, but she did get a nice makeover courtesy of the closet, and now it's just a matter of time.

Glad you enjoyed the sim-shaming! I plan to keep doing it!

Chapter 53:  Foreshadowing

Arianna:  Okay, now I feel like you’re just mocking me.

Wendell:  What? I just got off work! Man, I cannot wait until Pernille is ready for ambrosia. Being the junior member of the Immortals is the pits. I can’t do anything right. And while we’re on the subject, Morris is wearing his swimming trunks today! Pick on him for once!

Morris:  The thing is, Wendell, mine are a very understated grey, with a nice pop of turquoise to add a sense of fun, while still being chic and dignified. Your swim trunks have fluorescent palm trees on them. You see the difference?

Wendell: No.

Morris:  Well, I guess that’s what we have to expect from our Junior Member.

Arianna:  Yes, dear. Respect your elders.

Wendell:  I AM my elders!

Morris:  He doesn’t get it.

Arianna:  Give him time.

Wendell:  Grrrr.

Otto:  So watch out for my Dad, Angel. He could transform at any second into his flesh-eating slug form, and at that point we’ll just have to hope he’s not hungry.

Angel:  He’s sitting right there. Isn’t he going to get mad that you’re talking about him like that?

Otto:  Nah. If I say anything he doesn’t like, he’ll just erase your memory.

Goopy:  Actually, that’s a good point. I can erase memories.

Angel:  You wouldn’t really eat me, would you, sir?

Goopy:  Oh, heck yeah! I’d lick your bones clean. *winks at Otto* The Goopster is in on the joke!

Mallory:   So yeah, you’ll want to think about perspective and line and . . . .whatever, you’re fine.  You’re going to have this maxed in about four seconds.

Otto:  I know, right? I’m totally amazing.

Mallory:  No, you were just born into incredible privilege, but you’re really cute so you can call yourself amazing if you want.

Otto:  I plan to!

Catherine:  Agh! What is this for?

Wendell:  I was just noticing how stunning you look today, my love, and I wanted to seize the moment to show you how much I love you.

Catherine:  Oh, no. Why aren’t you at work?

Wendell:  Actually, I just retired. I want to spend every possible moment with you.

Catherine:  You’re not fooling me! I know what this means. WATCHER! I got my first notice, didn’t I?

Watcher:  Shhh. Can’t you just enjoy it?

Catherine:  Oh, man. Massages, now?  I’m going to croak any minute, aren’t I?

Wendell:  It’s nothing like that, dear. I just want to take good care of you.

Catherine:  . . . While you still can?  Didn’t you leave out the last part of that sentence?

Wendell:  Quiet, now. You’re too tense. Look. Morris is getting a massage, too, and he’s not dying.

Morris:  Oh, wow. We do not do this enough.

Arianna:  Don’t get used to it. We’re just a decoy so Catherine won’t suspect anything.

Morris:  Don’t care why. Just don’t stop.

Arianna:   And they actually believed you that your Dad’s got sixteen rows of teeth in the back of his head?  Oh, that’s hilarious!

Otto:  Oh, yeah! It was great! You should hear what I told them about you!

Arianna:  You will respect your elders, young man, and I expect a full written apology and thank you cards from all your friends for all the meals and homework help, and everything else they get at this house.

Otto:  But, Grandma, all I said was-

Seth:  Let it go, man. I’ve seen her like this before. You don’t want to mess with Madam Founder.

Watcher:  Oh yeah, that cat impersonation is still going strong. Very nice.

Catherine:  *hiss* Still got it!

Catherine:  I gotta say. If I weren’t already planning to haunt this house, I would definitely plan to come back for the lobster thermidor. This stuff is amazing.

Watcher:  Take some notes from Lucien, will you?  He’s a solid guy, and a real credit to the deceased members of the household. Does the dishes. Stuff like that.

Catherine:  No way, Watcher. I’m planning to enjoy my afterlife. I’m going to break every toilet, one by one, then take a lobster break and start in on the bathtubs. It’s going to be amazing.

Otto:  Dang, everybody’s teen-ing up. Where’d my pirate crew go?

Otto:  Avast, me hearties! Weigh anchor for Isla Paradiso!  Awww . . . come on! Somebody jump in. You’re taller, you’re not physically incapable of having fun.

Otto:  Ah, look! Just off the port bow, a bunch of losers about to be kicked out of my awesome club and replaced with younger children who don’t enjoy texting and aren’t a total drag!

Morris:  Now, Goopy, are you sure you don’t want to measure that?  Ice cream is really an exact science, and the balance of flavors can be thrown off by just the slightest slip of the hand, destroying the delicate play between sweet, salty and sour.

Goopy:  Yeah, but then I can just throw a bunch of nuts on top and nobody will care, right?  Chocolate sauce can save anything.

Morris:  *sigh*

Catherine:  Oh, cripes. Poetry, now?  I got my second notice, didn’t I? I am so done for. If he asks me on a date, now, I’ll know the clock is really ticking.

Catherine:  And, yes. Just as I thought. Complete with two flirty ghosts to remind me of exactly where I’m headed.

Wendell:  Honey, I’m making a sincere effort to fill your final days with joy and let you know how important you are to me. Could you just lighten up for five seconds and enjoy it?

Catherine:  Oh, okay. Let’s go make out on a bench.

Wendell:  That’s the spirit!

Morris:  Is this weird? I feel sort of weird. It might be the making out, or it might be the fact that I’m still in my pajamas, but I’m definitely uncomfortable.

Wendell:  Maybe it’s because you weren’t invited on this date, and just decided to show up despite having no purpose here.

Morris:  Nah. That’s not it.

Watcher:  Uhhhh, Mallory? Who are you hugging? You don’t know that guy. Catherine, I’m sorry to interrupt your date, but Mallory showed up, too, and she’s hugging some random dude, and-

Catherine:  Little busy right now.

Watcher:  Oh, gosh! Sorry. You should definitely focus on what you’re doing so you don’t break something.

Catherine:  Tell that to Wendell.

Morris:  My word, that was disturbing. I’m not reading any more placards. I do not need to know anything else about these folks.

Watcher:  What is he so happy about? Checking out the moodlets here  . . . Catherine! When did you woohoo in a bush? I didn’t tell you to do that. I only looked away for a second!

Catherine:  You wanted me to enjoy myself.

Mallory:  Oh, look. A Masterpiece. *yawn*

Catherine:  Well, thank you, honey. That was very sweet.

Wendell:  It’s where we had our very first date, do you remember?

Catherine:  You know, it’s hard to forget being kissed by a giant hot dog. I’ve tried, but . . .

Wendell:  I love you.

Catherine:  I’ll always love you, too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »
Aww, I don't want to say good-bye to Catherine. She's the only one who knows anything.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »
Another absurdly hilarious update!

But first, I loved the collage with Otto and his parents' child-age portraits. And yes, A Karla collage would be most welcome!

Lol, Morris can even be snobby about his swimwear! I just love him! And, of course, if he goes to the Von Haunt Estate, he simply has to sit on the same bench as Wendell and Catherine.
Otto talking to himself in the pirate gym's crow's nest is too funny. I can't wait to see him as a teen.

Awww, no! The self-aware Catherine narrating her final days. *gulps and grabs a tissue
Loved her last line in this chapter about being kissed by a hot dog, hahahaha.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #229 on: November 12, 2016, 05:45:31 AM »
Aww, poor Wendell. He just can't win at those Ambrosia meetings, can he?

Otto continues to be totally adorable.

Oh no, not Catherine! :-( I know she's not dead yet, but I'm really going to miss her.

Poor Otto - I agree, teens are a total drag!

Morris is going to be such a great food critic!

I don't think you ever have to actually worry about your immortals getting boring. They're really, really not.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2016, 12:55:33 PM »
@MarianT Me either! I didn't think I wanted to be an active Watcher, but I'm really going to miss talking with Catherine. She's been a good friend.

@oshizu Thank you! I'll work on the collage. Maybe it will be a moving-in present for Karla. :) Morris is so great. He really manages to make his presence felt even thought the main part of his story is over.

@Whirligig Yeah, poor Wendell. He just seems like a goofy teenager to me, no matter how old he gets. I like to pick on him. I'm so excited to have Morris embark on his second career, but of course due to playing-ahead it's going to be a little while before that can appear in the story. Thank you for saying my immortals are not boring! That makes me very happy!

As a side note, I was tickled to find that over the weekend my status on the forum changed from "Occult" to "Immortal!" I guess that means as far as the forum is concerned, I get to eat my ambrosia now! Hooray!

Chapter 54: Creepiness Contest

Wendell:  So, I don’t know if you’re aware, Otto, but my reading aloud skills are quite legendary.

Otto:  Yeah, I seem to recall hearing something about “the voices.”

Wendell:
“Worraworraworraworraworra, “ said Whatever-it-was, and Pooh found that he wasn’t asleep after all.

“What can it be?” he thought. “There are lots of noises in the Forest, but this is a different one. Its isn't a growl, and it isn’t a purr, and it isn’t a bark , and it isn’t the noise-you-make-before-beginning-a-piece-of-poetry . . .”

Otto:  Ah, yes. I see what all the hype was about now.

Pernille:  I feel like I’m really getting into a groove with these parties. I’m actually starting to enjoy them a bit.

Arianna:  You’re doing a lovely job, honey.

Pernille:  Awww, thanks Gram.

Goopy:  What is THIS?  A perfectly platonic conversation with your elderly relative?  UNACCEPTABLE! It’s like you’re trying to drive me crazy! Do you take pleasure in pushing my buttons?

Pernille:  Okay, time for cake. Goopy, hon. What did we say about irrational jealous rages?

Goopy:  Wait until after the party goes gold?

Pernille:  That’s right. Now go get yourself a drink. I’ll come give you a massage in a minute.

Pernille:  Yum! Okay, then. Here’s to no more parties!

Gwendolyn:  Hear, hear!

Pernille:  Happy birthday to me!

Goopy:  Do you see me making coffee back here, honey?  I’m getting a drink like you said, and also completing a party task. I’m doing good, right?

Pernille:  You’re doing awesome, honey. I’m so proud of you. Just give me a sec here and I’ll pat you on the back.

Pernille:  Ugh. Maturity.

Goopy:  Hooray! We’re the same age, again. I feel slightly less threatened.

Pernille:  Way to look on the bright side, hon.

Catherine:  And right on schedule. At least somebody in this house knows how to wait until the party goals are completed to make a scene.

Watcher:  Aw, man. Already?  You had all that fitness skill from that time you were an astronaut. I thought you’d hang on longer.

Catherine:  It’s for the best. Now you can move in that cute red-headed girl and start farming her for youth potions.

Watcher:  But who will I talk to?

Catherine:  You could always make Otto insane . . .

Watcher:  It’s a thought, but . . . it won’t be the same.

Catherine:  I appreciate you saying that.

Watcher:  Farewell, old friend. Don’t forget to visit.

Catherine:  How could i? My reign of toilet-breaking, lobster-eating terror begins tonight!

Wendell:  Nope. Nopenopenope. Uh-uh.

Grim:  Don’t tell me you’re still creeped out by this? You have to have seen dozens of these.

Wendell:  You greatly underestimate your own creepiness, friend.

Pernille:  Okay, got a new dress, lookin’ like a mature lady and . . . did it suddenly get really cold in here?

Grim:  Aaaaand gotcha!

Watcher:  Wendell was right, you are profoundly creepy.

Grim:  Hey, you’re the disembodied voice echoing in my head, I think in a creepiness competition we might be evenly matched.

Watcher:  Wait, you can hear me now?

Grim:  I must have absorbed something from Catherine here. Sometimes I take on the attributes of the reaped when I absorb their vital essence.

Watcher:  Nah, dude. You’re definitely leaving me in the creepiness dust over here. Bravo. Ten points.

Grim:  Why, thank you. ‘Scuse me. I’m going to go breathe loudly and watch some TV.

Watcher:  Keep on creepin’ on there, friend.

Morris:  So, young man. Any questions about death?

Otto:  Did you know I used to work in a funeral parlor? I got sacked for making a grave mistake.

Morris:  You’re taking this remarkably well.

Otto:  Eh. All you old folks have maxed wellness now, so I’ve heard all the detox secrets ad nauseum. Nothing really gets to me for very long.

Morris:  I . . . guess that’s healthy.

Morris:  I have to hand it to you, Eduardo, you still look amazing. Pink is really your color.

Eduardo:  Morris, my friend, when you're a semi-living legend, you’ve got to keep up appearances.

Morris:  Look at you, man! You’re still pulling off the speedo!

Eduardo:  Not literally anymore, sadly. If only I could pollinate from beyond the grave. Imagine the handsome little pink ghost babies we’d have running around town.

Otto:  You know I used to work as a pool cleaner, but I couldn’t live on my net income.

Pernille:  Okay, Karla, stand aside. I’m going to be helping my son with his homework today.

Karla:  Are you sure, Ma’am? I really don’t mind.

Pernille:  I’ve got to get my parenting in while I can, all right? Plus, you’re already in. There’s no need to kiss up, anymore.

Karla:  Whatever you say, Ma’am.

Otto:  It’s really too bad this Eggs Benedict isn’t on a plate made of chrome. There’s no plate like chrome for the hollandaise.

Watcher:  You are all GROUNDED, do you hear me? I mean, I know you don’t, but you’re grounded, anyway! Just you wait until Catherine visits! In the meantime, go across the street and fish and think about how lame you are.

Wendell:  Wow, you kids are really serious about helping each other with your homework!

Gwendolyn:  Well, it seemed to work for Karla, so we’re kind of hoping there’s a chance one of us can sneak in and maybe steal the crown.

Angelica Kane:  Or, you know, just get a makeover out of it. I’m not super fond of these pants. I don’t hate them, but I don’t want to wear them for the rest of my life.

Otto:  I wish I could help you out. I used to be a tailor, but I found the work only sew-sew.

Wendell:  And Grampa wins out!

Otto:  Thanks Grampa Wendell. It was getting a little intense in there. I mean, I know I’m hot stuff, but I’m not quite ready to have the ladies scratching each other’s eyes out over me.

Wendell:  Yeah, you should at least be a teen yourself, first.

Otto:  Exactly.

Wendell:  Tada!

Pernille:  Tada!

Mallory:  You know, as the only one with maxed fishing, you’d think I wouldn’t be the only one not catching angelfish.

Pernille:  I'm sure the fish are just intimidated by you.

Mallory:  Don't patronize me.

Otto:  Angelica, again? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m clearly into older women, but this is getting a little ridiculous, don’t you think?

Angelica:  Do you want to level Comedy, or not? Tell me another joke.

Otto:  Okay . . . remember you asked for it.

*From "The House at Pooh Corner," by A. A. Milne

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2016, 01:12:24 PM »
Wow, for all his dashing good lucks, The Goopster is soooo high-maintenance! I love how you've written his character!

I really liked Pernille's flowery black party dress but I like her new turquoise one-piece, too. Very classy! And now she matches Otto's skintone.
Congrats on completing her party requirements. I imagine 5 parties must feel like petty cash after Wendell's aspiration-induced partython.

What a charmer Otto is! His lame jokes made me giggle...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2016, 08:16:40 AM »
Congratulations, @FrancescaFiori , on becoming Immortal! ;-)

Can storytime with Wendell also become a regular feature? It sounds like so much fun!

Oh Pernille, this is a dynasty. The parties never end.

Oh no! Not Catherine! :( Awww, I am so going to miss her, she was such an awesome sim!

Haha, but maybe conversations between Grimmy and Watcher will keep us entertained, and remind us a little bit of Catherine, for the remainder of the Dynasty? Sorry you were out-creeped.

So is Otto going for Joke Star? Those Dad jokes were beautiful, and apparently they made him super popular with the teens, (that really made me laugh). I love that he's already made up his mind which one he wants, but they're still after him anyways.

Shame! Shame on all of you for mourning! (Also, I think gravestones have to be three full squares away from a fence for sims to not be able to mourn through the fence.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2016, 07:30:14 PM »
@oshizu Thanks! I didn't even realize Pernille's new dress matched Otto's skin. Family coordination! Cute! Clearly I'm fond of that color. Parties still feel like a drag. It's a shame, because I used to really like them, but I'm pretty party-weary. I do have a bunch of mods for different kinds of parties stashed away in a "for when I'm not playing a dynasty" file on my desktop and I wish I could shake it up now and then with a baby shower or bachelorette party, but that will have to be for another time.

@Whirligig Thank you! Immortality is treating me well, so far. :) I don't see why Storytime with Wendell can't make a return (or two). It was funniest the first time because so many adults came around to listen as well, but regardless of audience size, he clearly has a gift. :)
I'm going to miss Catherine, too. She was something special.
Otto is doing Joke Star. I'm glad you like the Dad jokes. They were inspired by (and in some cases, stolen from) my actual Dad. Except for the really, really bad ones. Those I made up.
Thanks for the fence/mourning advice. I think I've given up. The lot just isn't big enough to keep them away from the graves, and they can just step over the short fences, anyway. Now I just punish them. I just installed a bubble blower, so maybe the new punishment for mourning will be blowing fire bubbles. Or eating spicy food. Thank you, new expansion pack, for giving me new ways of getting back at my Sims. ;)

Chapter 55:  Lucky in Love

Otto:  Goodbye, my dear childhood friend. You were my key to getting attention from the ladies, and this is the last time we’ll get to hang out. Thank you, homework, for being the perfect wingman.

Otto:  Childhood is fleeting, NBF. Never forget that.

NBF:  The way you’ve forgotten my name?

Otto:  Yes. Like that.

Angel:  Hey, Loser. How do you like being such a loser?

Otto:  I’m going to be as big as you are in about five minutes, buddy, with much higher mischief skill, so you should probably watch what you say.

Otto:  Nice! Say what you will about this club, they came through for the birthday party! I’m so glad you’re all here!

*five seconds later*

Otto:  NOBODY LOOK AT ME! I got the bad Spa Day hair! NO PICTURES!

Otto:  Okay, phew! That’s better. Karla. Hey. There. Heya.

Karla:  Hey handsome. I’ve been waiting for this day for awhile.

Otto:  So hey.

Karla:  Yeah. I think we’ve got the “hey” part covered.

Otto:  You know, if you were a fruit, you would totally be a fine-apple.

Karla:  *cocks head to side* Okay.

Karla:  Okay, can I tell you a secret? I’ve pretty much been yours since the day we met, okay? Just don’t worry about it. You’re super lucky. You probably don’t deserve me, but we’ve only got a couple of days until I age up to Young Adult, so let’s make the most of it. Why don’t you ask me on a date?

Otto:  Okay, then. Just easing my way into this nice, friendly hug ohmanyousmellsogoodpleasebemygirlfriend?

Karla:  What?

Otto:  Mmmmmm. Huuuuugs.

Otto:  This is clearly the next logical move.

Karla:  Clearly. Let’s go out.

Otto:  I thought of a thing. A thing that girls like. Here. You like this.

Karla:  Yeah, okay. It’s fine. I want coffee.

Karla:  I guess I never realized how weird you are before.

Otto:  Too late now! I’m all yours, baby!

Karla:  Yeah, I mean, it’s okay. You’re cute and you’re rich and . . . actually that’s all. I’m fine.

Otto:  Don’t forget about smooth. I’m also super duper smooth.

Karla:  I see that.

Karla:  I’m pretty sure you’re got more moves than that. I mean, I’m sitting over here, being way hot, and I’m just waiting for you.

Otto:  Okay, okay. I got this. I can put these hormones to use. Give me a sec.

Otto:  How about if I . .. TICKLE YOU!?!?!

Karla:  OMG STOP IT!

Karla:  Here, let me show you how this is done.

Otto:  Okay, okay. I like this. I can hang with this.

Otto:  How’s this for a move?

Karla:  Fine, except that my mom is, literally, right there. Not something I envisioned her witnessing.

Otto:  So . . will you be my girlfriend? I’m still not clear on if you actually like me or not.

Karla:  I told you don’t worry about it. I will totally be your girlfriend. I don’t necessarily like you, but I want to be with you, do you understand?

Otto:  No, but I’m really excited!  Girlfriend!

Otto:  Now, what do you say we get cozy and do some biology?

Karla:  That’s only sexy if you’re using it as a euphemism.

Otto:  Okay, then let’s get cozy and you can teach me the meaning of the word “euphemism.”

Karla:  Again, only sexy if you aren’t literally asking me to help expand your vocabulary.

Otto:  I’m thinking this date will go a lot better once my homework is finished.

Karla:  Well, I can’t argue that you have a lot to learn.

Otto:  Okay, things are going well. I’m a super-cool guy. I’ve got a super-hot girlfriend. She’s a little mean, but she’s super-hot. Plus, I just stole a pile of crates, so I’m feeling pretty darn good about myself.

Karla:  Hello! You’re full of energy all of a sudden!

Otto:  Yup! Definitely not from stealing! Stealing is thrilling, though. Have I ever told you about the thrill of the steal? We should go, though, before someone misses those crates. The ones I definitely didn’t just steal.

Karla:  Okay, it’s a little early in the morning for that move.

Otto:  It worked last night, and I’m sticking with it!

Karla:  This move I like better.

Otto:  Progress!

Otto:  Windenburg is so gorgeous.

Karla:  I hear San Myshuno is even prettier.

Otto:  Yeah, but we can’t go for awhile. My grandma Catherine said something about the Watcher power-playing until our kid is born so she can have her pick of baby-daddies in the new city when it comes out.

Karla:  This is your insane grandmother Catherine who just died?

Otto:  That’s the one!

Karla:  Okay, then.

Otto:  So, while we’re still by this pretty waterfall, do you want to get promised?

Karla:  Sure. Whatever.

Otto:  Awesome!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2016, 08:27:32 PM »
Awww, Otto aged up with the Lucien schnozzle and the Klepto trait.
Otto, don't you realize that Karla is making all those digs at your intelligence and yet you just let them slide? (Or didn't you notice?)
Another notch in the Watcher's belt for an adorable Spiffendale couple! I love the smart and sassy Karla with the irrepressible Otto!!!
Karla's so much smarter than him, but he's having so much fun he doesn't care. He mentions that she's a little mean---what are her traits?

And omg, that teen "Seduce" move. I wonder if the dev who thought that up has an active love life?  That move never fails to crack me up.
I'm happy that the two exchanged promise rings before they're separated by the age gap.

Also, what did this line mean? Does Karla play otome games or something? Hahaha
Karla: I don’t necessarily like you, but I want to be with you, do you understand?

Another fabulous chapter. Thank you!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #235 on: November 17, 2016, 07:28:22 AM »
Aww, what a cute update! Yep, yet another made-for-each-other couple for the Spiffendales. They certainly complement each other. :)

I LOL'd at the bit about biology euphemisms.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2016, 11:32:07 AM »
@oshizu Yes, Karla may have a touch of the tsundere about her. It's a relationship dynamic I've become *ahem* interested in lately. Actually, upon closer examination of the conversations between myself and my husband, I think I may have a touch of the tsundere about me, too. Shocking!

In case anybody is confused/interested (I know you're out out there, version-of-me-from-a-year-ago-who-reads-voraciously-but-never-comments. I believe you are there, and I love you!) I've recently started playing otome games and oshizu is very graciously explaining all of the parts of them that don't make sense to me, like maid/butler cafes and boyfriends who are mean to you and call you names because they love you so much. It's a blast!

And yes, the shnozz lives on, much to the delight of the watcher.

Karla's traits are actually Art Lover and Good at this point. But that was boring, so I've given her a hidden Mean Girl trait. We'll see how it works out.

@Whirligig Thank you! Honestly, I was trying to make Karla a bit unlikeable, just to shake things up, but I guess I'm not very good at that. It's okay with me, though, because I want Otto to be happy. I'm glad you think they are perfect for each other. :)

Chapter 56:  Foolproof

Otto:  Okay, then. Down to business! Let’s go find some people and mess with them! I need to get disliked and quickly!

Karla:  Race you!

Otto:  Okay, let’s warm up with a few jokes to get in the mood.

Karla:  Nothing about bakeries or factories or funeral parlors, though, okay?

Otto:  You are killing me, sweetie.

Otto:  Hey, jerkface! Did you know the apocalypse is coming? Want to hear about it in detail?

Jerkface:  I don’t have to stand here and listen to this.

Otto:  *mocking* I don’t have to stand here and listen to this.

Karla:  Not your best, baby. I’d aim a little higher with the next one.

Otto:  I might do better if you’re not watching me.

Karla:  Whatever. I’m tired, anyway.

Otto:  BOO!

Theresa Munch:  Ahh! What a mean thing to- Oh, look I got a text!

Otto:  Um, excuse me? I’m trying to get you to dislike me. It’s kind of important? Could you pay attention?

Theresa:  Yeah, sure, just a sec. I need to check my e-mail.

Otto:  People in this town are way too easy-going.

Otto:  Oh, hey! I hope you’re enjoying this beautiful sunset . . . with your stupid face!

Theresa Munch:  What a horrible and not-very-creative thing to say!

Otto:  You know what? I’ve been out here all day. I’m exhausted, and I need to insult some people. I’m not going to be creative about it, anymore.

Crop Top:  I’m offended by your lack of effort. I dislike you.

Otto:  FINALLY! Okay, then, back to the jokes and pranks.

Otto:  Ay! Grampa Lucien! Great nose! Did I ever tell you about the time I was a taxi driver?

Lucien:  You couldn’t hack it?

Otto:  Future-Grandmother-In-Law Yuki! Did I ever tell you about the time I was a stockbroker?

Yuki Behr:  You lost interest?

Wendell:  Ooof! I am out of practice. I am honestly surprised there is not a death associated with this dance move. Ow.

Candy Behr:  Ouch. I am so embarrassed for you. How lame.

Wendell:  Well hey, I'm still down on the floor, why don't you come and literally kick me, too?

Wendell:  Back on the horse!

Otto:  Pretzel break! Hey! A bartender. I should branch out into bartender jokes!

Otto:  A guy walks into a bar with some jumper cables, and the bartender says, “Hey! Don’t start anything!”

Otto:  I got more. You want more? The Watcher seems to really like my face from this angle, so we could be here for awhile.

Otto:  No, I’m just pulling your leg. I know there’s no Watcher. I am really cute from this angle, though.

Wendell:  Another round, please, and keep ‘em coming. The throbbing in my head hasn’t quite gone away yet.

Otto:  Want to see my crazy eyes? CRAZY EYES!

Wendell:  Oops! Just got my notice. Sorry, son. We’ve got to head home so Grampa can eat his ambrosia.

Otto:  That’s okay, Grampa. I’m running pretty thin on material, here, anyway.

Wendell:  I think we get cooler every time. Our synchronization is really on point tonight.

Gemma:  Hey guys.

Arianna:  Hey . . . Gemma. Did you just . . . float in here?

Gemma:  Yup.

Arianna:  So any and all ghosts on this property can come into this room whenever they want to, just by floating through the wall?

Gemma:  Uh-huh.

Arianna:  So if you’d wanted to, you could have eaten all of this ambrosia at any time.

Gemma:  Well, yeah, but I didn’t want to be rude. Plus, if I regained corporeal form I’d have no way of getting out of here again, so . . .

Arianna:  *sigh* Morris, would you mind keeping the ambrosia in your inventory from now on? It seems this whole teleportation-only room idea was not as foolproof as we’d thought.

Gemma:  Foolproof? I’d say it was downright foolhardy! Now, if I were trying to protect the food of the gods-

Arianna:  Oh, yes. By all means sit down and tell us how you feel. I’m so very in the mood to hear about how all my plans are foolish and all my work is meaningless.

Gemma:  Well, not all of them. I just have some helpful critiques. I am a genius.

Arianna:  Mmmmhmmm.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »
I do love the Otto/Karla dynamics. She always calls him out when he's trying to be blase or he's unproductively trying too hard.

And yes, perfect! Otto's "Be Disliked by 2 sims" goal completes when the second sim's unhappy with the quality of Otto's jokes. Too funny!

I don't play ghosts ever so I'm not speaking from experience but, when I googled, I read that a ghost must be a household member then instructed to eat Ambrosia.
That's only what I read, so I'm wondering if your Ambrosia is safe. Still, who wants ghosts taking museum items off their shelves and such.

I hope you can resolve this issue.  I never tire of seeing the immortals teleport into the room and have their exclusive, somewhat-snarky convos. :D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2016, 07:07:50 PM »
Ok, I'd love to say something wonderful and witty about all the different things your Sims are saying and doing but that would mean I would have to stop laughing at Otto's lame puns and jokes or no longer chuckle at Wendell, or the swim trunks or.....well, you get the drift.  Great updates, which I just caught up on, by the way.  Still loving this really funny story.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2016, 08:30:21 PM »
So happy Otto got the nose, and I love his jokes. It'll be interesting to see what Otto's and Karla's child looks like.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything