Author Topic: The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff Pack  (Read 11928 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff Pack
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:45:47 PM »
Size:  150.85 MB

You can purchase The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff Pack for $9.99

Kids Have Style!

Spark the imagination of Sims with new items to personalize kids’ bedrooms in The Sims™ 4 Kids Room Stuff. Collect and trade monster cards, then bring them to life in the electronic battle station. Put on a puppet show to tell stories and entertain family and friends. Show off your kid Sims with new clothing items and hairstyles that express their style.

KEY FEATURES

Customize kids' rooms. Build kids bedrooms full of style! Excite your Sim’s imagination with colorful new furniture and themed decorations ranging from space robots to fun flower flourishes.

Battle with monsters. Collect and trade monster cards featuring your Sim’s favorite magical creatures. Use cards in the electronic battle station to bring them to life and challenge friends to a monster duel that’s sure to excite.

Put on a show. With the all-new puppet theater and a bit of imagination, Sims can tell whimsical stories to entertain an audience of family and friends.

Lots of style. Get trendy, playful clothing and hairstyles to showcase their individual style or highlight their obsession with the latest tween heartthrob! So dreamy!

Original Post:

There is a new stuff pack, and I'm in the process of getting the information up here.

Source:  The Sims.com

Kid At Heart? Check Out The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff!
Childish Sims and Simmers rejoice; The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff* is arriving on June 28th, and it's all about giving those little rascals more to occupy their time.

A child Sim can put on a performance in the Puppet Theater to help with their social development, they can stoke their competitive fire by challenging their friends at the Voidcritter Battle Station, and they can go out exploring in the world to discover and acquire the new Voidcritter collection.

The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff: Official Trailer

…hold on a second, a Void-what? Voidcritters! As the story goes, these cute and occasionally ferocious monsters are mysteriously appearing in your Sims’ world, and it’s up to the children in your family to capture, collect, trade, and train them. Voidcritters are a brand new collection of twenty collectible (duh!) cards, which can be battled against each other in the Voidcritter Battle Station. Each competitor inserts their critter’s card into this electronic arena, and the digital screen springs to life as kids attempt to button mash their way to victory while the battle unfolds. This collectible card game is unlike anything you’ve ever seen in The Sims before.

Children will also find the Puppet Theater waiting for them when looking for an amicable social undertaking. In another first for the franchise, friends and family will gather around as your child Sim puts on the performance of their lifetime. When the curtain rises, a variety of stories can unfold… will two friends lost in the woods make it back to safety? Will a monster with razor sharp teeth find living arrangements in a suburban family’s home? Will the dastardly deviant that stole a notebook be brought to justice by the school’s private eye? Five plays in total are unlocked as a child raises their social skill, and each one is positively adorable to watch as it’s acted out.

To complete the experience, we imagine you’ll want to do some renovations to your kid's rooms, as well as a wardrobe overhaul to set the right tone. You’ll find that objects are aged up in style from the primary shapes and colors that adorn the existing kid’s furniture; the content in this stuff pack helps children start to define their own space. Clothing is similarly expressive and unique, with patterns, logos, colours, and fashions that help tell the world who they are and what they like. Finally, what better way for kids to pass idle time in their room than listening to the new Tween Pop radio station, or watching the new BEtween TV channel.

For the young Sims in the game, or those Simmers who are just young at heart, there’s plenty in The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff to put a smile on your face when it launches this June 28th.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff Pack
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 01:50:03 PM »
Now that I got the official link up, I want to just say, after viewing the official trailer
The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff: Official Trailer

I am in love with the Voidcritter Battle Station and the Puppet Theater.  Anything which gives more stuff for the kiddies is fine by me. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 01:50:51 PM »
I love the puppet theatre as a family interaction and not just for kids to enjoy and the introduction of bright colours (base game beds are so dull for kids). The clock is adorable and the new hairstyles. I thought the large trunk would be a costume chest but it's another toy box, still it's a great addition.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 01:57:26 PM »
Oh, man that puppet show! I can't even. I'm so excited for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 02:35:47 PM »
There is actually a part of me more excited for the teaser trailer of new content coming after this release than this.  Yes, awesim new clothes and room objects but my Sims rarely actually sleep!  I feel like I watched a different trailer than you guys.  A single puppet show and a game you have to collect for?  A box that's the same as we have?  I was hoping for costume play,  new big dolls like the Bears/bunnies, stuff to do in the room not just put there. 

Edit to Add:  Two other pictures I found on TheSims.com's media page.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 02:44:18 PM »
There is actually a part of me more excited for the teaser trailer of new content coming after this release than this.  Yes, awesim new clothes and room objects but my Sims rarely actually sleep!  I feel like I watched a different trailer than you guys.  A single puppet show and a game you have to collect for?  A box that's the same as we have?  I was hoping for costume play,  new big dolls like the Bears/bunnies, stuff to do in the room not just put there. 
I can understand being more excited for what comes in the future.  I definitely agree that more content would be nice; putting in more costumes/big dolls/etc. is certainly doable since it wouldn't require adding any additional gameplay.

As for some of my reaction...well, I won't deny some of me was a little underwhelmed as well, but given the nature of Sims 4 Stuff Packs, I personally don't expect much...otherwise I might start ranting about what is still left out of the game.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 02:55:58 PM »
I am actually glad we have new beds, the old ones are tired looking and though my IDC Sims don't sleep often my normal gameplay Sims do as they take things easy. I really would have loved for the new toy box to be a costume chest instead and I actually think we have enough of the big plushies - base game, Spooky pack, Bun Bun from the Easter challenge.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »
I agree.  While I may actually get this later rather than sooner, I think this shows that I'm not a builder.  This is a great stuff pack for builders and I think it's all adorable.   I just may have had my hopes up a little too much thinking we'd get some stuff.  I just think it's funny - I yell at the kids to get off their electronics and Maxis decided to give my Sim kids the same stuff!  That image above is like a stitch/pikachu/skylander hybrid.

And I just realized I turned into one of those people so :X
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 04:39:53 PM »
The monster under the bed is also coming for everyone in the upcoming patch. SimGuru Graham said there would be a blog about it this week.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 05:06:19 PM »
I like the new card collection.  It looks cool on the shelf. 

I figure the age range for a child in The Sims 4 is about 5-6 years to 12 years since they start out being able to read and go to grade school. 

I guess I like the addition of the new "tween" activities.

Did you see the image on the TV screen?  It looked like a show with the MySims trophy characters.  I don't watch much kids TV so I'm not sure if that is new or not.

I will probably wait until it goes on sale or perhaps win a copy in another give-a-way.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 05:49:30 PM »
Looks good. I'm always pretty satisfied at the cost-to-content ratio.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 03:21:12 AM »
It looks quite fun, I really want to have more things for kids in this game so I'm quite happy with that

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
There's a Monster Under Your Bed in The Sims 4! No, Really!
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 06:17:04 PM »

There's a Monster Under Your Bed in The Sims 4! No, Really!

After today's Update to The Sims 4, don't be surprised if you see something a little... monstrous... peeking out from under the bed. See, after we got the patch together, we started hearing that children from all over have reportedly been awoken at night to the eerie sounds of a monster lurking beneath their bed.

Parents claim they have no idea what their little ones are talking about, but have taken to humouring them by spraying a “monster repellent” around the bed. This apparently has done remarkably well at getting tentacled things to go away and keeping creepy things in check!

“It’s true,” say the youngsters! “Some sort of unspeakable monster of unspeakableness has been seen skulking beneath our beds!” Apparently the beguiling behemoth is only visible at night, and only to children. The frightened youth however are more than willing to fetch the nearest household member to help with their monster predicament.

However, some tenacious tykes have instead attempted to communicate with the slithering disturber of slumbers. Going the route of befriending the lurking leviathan with a kind word or two. Perhaps though, your budding offspring are not the “step into the belly of the beast” types… then your little sprout should plop the “Coolala, The Defender Wall Light” upon their walls, guaranteed to keep the ghoulish ghoulie away better than any apple!

So sleep tight… good night…. and know that the Monster Under the Bed is afraid of sunlight.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 07:49:10 AM »
What I'd really love to see is Sims 4 Supernatural...

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Collect ‘Em All!
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 03:04:51 PM »

Collect ‘Em All! Learn About the Battle Station in The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff

Leif. Barry. Lora. Finn. Ellie. These are the revered names of legendary Voidcritter trainers, masters of the five elements. Will your Sims’ children be the next honored member of this elite circle? They’ll have the chance to become legend on June 28th in The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff*.

Voidcritter monsters are the inspiration for a collectible card game that Sim kids can compete over – the first of its kind in The Sims franchise. Spanning five powerful elements (earth, fire, wind, water, and void) there are twenty monsters in total to find. While the more common critters can be acquired by ordering card booster packs from a computer, rarer monsters are better discovered by searching the world to see what you can find. Reach inside a hollow log here, dig through the trash over there… it’s all worth it if you have a hope of catching them all.

You can even trade Voidcritters with other kids in the neighborhood in hopes of landing a card that eludes you. In addition, each monster card has a limited edition foil variant that can be unearthed, and is totally the envy of every other kid in the neighborhood.

As great as each Voidcritter card looks when displayed on a shelf, you’ll unlock their true potential by giving your Sims the Battle Station, an electronic arena where the Voidcritters come to life. Select the Voidcritter which will gain your favor in combat – as you train them and lead them into battle, their power level will increase and play an important role in determining the winner. When each competitor inserts their critter card into the machine, the digital screen springs to life as kids attempt to button mash their way to victory while the battle unfolds. Elemental attacks even leap out of the screen, enhanced by a child’s own imagination.

Become the Voidcritter victor, the elemental egalitarian, and perhaps most importantly… the champion of the playground! This destiny awaits you in The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff when it releases this June 28th.

anything