Author Topic: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - Yes, Ma'am!  (Read 18494 times)

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
I'm glad you're back from your holiday! I also hope you had fun! I'm so excited to see Deidre back! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a heir this go around! Triplets are tough, but you did a great job with them!
Meanwhile, Deidre's husband is proving to be a shining example of bravery and good-parenting! NOT. XD
I can't wait to see the future endeavours and children of our darling Deidre.
Hello! Thanks for bearing with me during the break, you're acting much more nicely about it than Deidre did. :D
Can I just ask you something? Did you notice all the Americanisms at the end of the chapter? Or did you, as an American, not notice? I would, but then I am a bit O.C.D. about spelling, and wince internally every time my Sim gets the 'good sense of humor' or 'supernatural skeptic' traits.   
As for the heir, you'll just have to wait and see...
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
Like, gray is so not my favorite color.   ;D ;D ;D
You are awesome at the snob trait! As for taking a break, I didn't even notice! Much shorter than my breaks...   ::)
Eleanor is beautiful! Her purple hair is amazing, so I can't wait to see the heir!
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
Like, gray is so not my favorite color.   ;D ;D ;D
You are awesome at the snob trait! As for taking a break, I didn't even notice! Much shorter than my breaks...   ::)
Eleanor is beautiful! Her purple hair is amazing, so I can't wait to see the heir!
I love the snob trait, it just gives me an excuse to create... interesting Sims!
The purple hair was precisely the reason I chose Deidre. You might not be able to see this, given the quality of my pictures, but it also has blue streaks (highlights) in it.
The next chapter will be up in two days (probably), so you'll have to wait until then to see the new children, and maybe the heir...
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Hello! Thanks for bearing with me during the break, you're acting much more nicely about it than Deidre did. :D
Can I just ask you something? Did you notice all the Americanisms at the end of the chapter? Or did you, as an American, not notice? I would, but then I am a bit O.C.D. about spelling, and wince internally every time my Sim gets the 'good sense of humor' or 'supernatural skeptic' traits.   
As for the heir, you'll just have to wait and see...
I did! I actually almost didn't notice it the first time (I guess I'm pretty used to it by this point), but I definitely see it now that you've pointed it out. Yeah, I'm totally American and I would find writing like that a little painful, though trying to channel my inner Daisy and teen Mary was rather difficult for me. XD
I'm excited to see this upcoming heir! =D I'm sure they'll be gorgeous!

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - Adrian and Thomas
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2016, 12:29:04 PM »
Adrian and Thomas

Good afternoon Readers,
I'll start this, shorter than usual, update with the pictures of my first three children (yes first, but don't just skip to the babies), in their new clothes, as no child of mine could be seen in run-of-the-mill, randomly selected clothes.
As always, I'll proceed in age order, first Teague:

He was assigned the trait of good, thus making him a boring, clumsy, apparent genius.

Then Eleanor:

I apologise for the bad picture - Hal took it. From then on she hated the outdoors, which is of course a benefit, because going inside is an easily wish to fulfil, although it does mean that her famous future paintings and compositions won't be to do with nature.

And ultimately, Michael:

He became a workaholic, by far the most useful of the traits assigned to my children, showing the superiority the child with the least of Hal's colouring has.

After ageing up, he addressed me thus:
'Mom, w-'
'MAM!'
'Mam, why are Teague and I wearin' the same stuff?'
'Well, Michael, it's because back in the Valley, children wore uniforms, so they looked... uniform, and so they didn't get bullied about what they wear. Given that I am a kind mother, and as your 'school' has no official colours or insignia, I allowed you two to wear a tie in your favourite colour.'
'And mo-Mam, why isn't Eleanor's clothes the same then?'
'Aren't, Ha-Michael. It's because she's an artistic virtuoso, and a uniform might stifle her creative temperament. Also, girl's clothes are much more interesting than boy's ones.'
'But, won't we get bullied for wearing stupid clothes?'
'Umm... THE BABIES ARE COMING! I have to get into a room by myself, I'm so sorry not to finish this conversation, Michael.'
'Bye?'

After a couple of hours, the babies actually did start to come. (Impending birth is a brilliant excuse to get out of a conversation). Yes, babies, as I had predicted.
First was Adrian, a namesake of Sgt. Black, the main Valley policeman, who terrified teens with his pale eyes, and outdated hair.
He, like my other children, was a disappointment, and ineligible for heir, as he inherited Hal's skintone. He was a friendly genius, so must have inherited my capabilities.

Adrian was followed by Thomas. I chose the name beforehand, as a humorous association to Thomas O'Sullivan, one the two professional firefighters in Dragon Valley, the land which burnt down.
Unlike Adrian, he had green skin, so he could possibly have the features necessary to become heir. He was given clumsy and virtuoso, two rather, so-so traits.

Nienor worked out the Maths of child having the features necessary to continue my line, and gave it as 1/16, but apparently this does not mean I have to have sixteen children. I am rather confused about why she then informed me of this.

However, there was no time to be wasted, I brought the children up to the cake.
I find it reassuring how there is magic still present in this technological world, but I will stop going off on a tangent.
I have been cruelly increasing your anticipation for too long, but now...
First Adrian:

He ended up looking very similar to Teague, with orange eyes, however he has also gained my pointed ears.

Then Thomas:

He had green skin, orange eyes, and pointed ears, but he unfortunately aged up bald, so I was unable to tell what colour his hair was.
I picked him up and sprinted to the chest of drawers to find:

He was perfect! And only the fifth, not the sixteenth! Take that Nienor! (Nienor: For the record, I told her that about 1 in 16 children would be heir, not necessarily the 16th)

Well, I say perfect, and he is, in all but name, as well as being ironical, it is common here too. I could change it to Sean or Seamus, but something strange prevents me, I must discover what this strange inhibition is. Is something wrong with these names? Or is something wrong with me?
No. It can't be that. Reader, you know well that I am perfect. I will keep the name because... he will therfore not be bullied for having a strange name AND beautiful colouring (children get jealous). And, I can tell him that O'Sullivan died valiently - he could have, for all I know.

Enough of this wondering, I must now end this short update, on a joyous note, we have an heir, and the future is much brighter for the elven race!
Deidre McMillan

Next chapter:
Thing are on the Up.

Offline PJHP1243

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2016, 04:49:19 PM »
Ooh! Thomas is so interesting-looking! I love DV genetics. Super cute pointy ears, too.
The triplets are gorgeous, as usual. Oh Michael. Such a (green) copy of Hal!
Looking forward to who teaches Adrian and Thomas to talk! ;D
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2016, 05:54:42 PM »
Yay! What a gorgeous heir we have!
Thomas can mean many things! Deidre is never wrong!
Anyways, I love the update, and I adore the conversation between Teague and Mam. XD Poor Deidre has a lot of work cut out for her!
Thank goodness twins aren't as bad as triplets!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2016, 11:19:09 PM »
Great update. Glad you found the heir this time. Thomas looks very cute. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2016, 04:03:57 AM »
Quick Note From Niėnor: Sorry if anyone noticed the slight picture crisis I had between yesterday and today. I moved some of my pictures to a folder in photobucket, and that ruined the links, replacing my pictures with that of the 'image not found' kitten. It's fixed now! Phew...

Ooh! Thomas is so interesting-looking! I love DV genetics. Super cute pointy ears, too.
The triplets are gorgeous, as usual. Oh Michael. Such a (green) copy of Hal!
Looking forward to who teaches Adrian and Thomas to talk! ;D
Hello again person-with-a-good-taste-in-books1243! Thanks for commenting.
I'm actually quite glad that Thomas inherited some of Hal's facial features (sorry Deidre), as it thankfully means that my heirs don't all look the same, which would make for a boring dynasty.
I can inform you that Deidre will definitely be teaching Adrian and Thomas to talk this time - she would detest it if she had another child like Michael!
I have now decided to make the pointy ears obligatory as part of the 'perfect genetics', so (touch wood) you'll be seeing more of them in the future.

Yay! What a gorgeous heir we have!
Thomas can mean many things! Deidre is never wrong!
Anyways, I love the update, and I adore the conversation between Teague and Mam. XD Poor Deidre has a lot of work cut out for her!
Thank goodness twins aren't as bad as triplets!
I love Thomas too, although that's mainly because it means I don't have to go through all that again.
The conversation (I assume you mean Michael, not Teague) was really fun to write, I (evilly) enjoy showing the less-than-nice side of Deidre.
The twins were almost worse than the triplets actually, as I decided to let Hal work, to get closer to achieving both his and Deidre's Lifetime Wishes, and it turns out she can't cope very well on her own.

Great update. Glad you found the heir this time. Thomas looks very cute. Looking forward for next update.
I'm glad to see you're still enjoying the story Chet! It's nice to have feedback  :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2016, 11:34:28 AM »
I'm so glad that I found this! Your writing is amazing and your ability to swing from different personalities so easily awes me. I also decided just to bite the bullet and start my own story. As an avid reader, I found the desire was there, but, the fear was formidable. My great grandmother was Welsh, her name was Beatrice Catherine Harper-Owen, but, I can't find anything on her in the genealogy pages, with my limited skills. I have always wanted to learn Welsh, to get closer to that part of my heritage.

You might want to look into using imgur for your images, as photobucket has issues when your bandwidth is reached. I do know that some authors here also use mediafire and WordPress, to host/store their images.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »
I'm so glad that I found this! Your writing is amazing and your ability to swing from different personalities so easily awes me. I also decided just to bite the bullet and start my own story. As an avid reader, I found the desire was there, but, the fear was formidable. My great grandmother was Welsh, her name was Beatrice Catherine Harper-Owen, but, I can't find anything on her in the genealogy pages, with my limited skills. I have always wanted to learn Welsh, to get closer to that part of my heritage.

You might want to look into using imgur for your images, as photobucket has issues when your bandwidth is reached. I do know that some authors here also use mediafire and WordPress, to host/store their images.
Hi Magpie! Nice to see you here. I have actually considered changing to imgur beforehand, as I've found that Photobucket is really slow as well, although I'm currently quite far from the bandwidth. I think I'll investigate it at the weekend.
It's interesting to meet someone else with Welsh blood, I'm trying to include more in the next chapter, as Thomas obviously needs to be fluent, although I'm hoping no one who's actually fluent comes across it, as mine is rather colloquial, and well, very colloquial. Like using 'dwi'n' instead of 'rydwi'n' and stuff. Oh, the next chapter will either be out to-night or to-morrow.
Good luck with writing your story, I'll look forward to seeing it!

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - Things are on the Up.
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 03:38:45 PM »
Things are on the Up.

Sometimes, luck finds you just when ones doesn't expect it. One despairs of the world and then suddenly everything changes. It is unexpected, yet what one has been hoping for and praying for, for what feels like one's entire lifetime. Maybe a 'Watcher' helps, or maybe one just gets lucky. A chance inheritance, a series of promotions, until...

Sadly, I was not one of these lucky ones, and it seems that this will never change.

I did manage to scrape together enough of the pittance earned by my husband to afford some renovations to our house, though. I added a west wing, to mirror my previously asymmetrical house, and added space for the two cribs. Finally, all four of my children would be able to sleep in their own bed.

Perhaps in the future we'll be able to afford more furniture, but that isn't looking likely at the moment, besides, there was just enough room at the moment. And that's all one needs, right?

I was awoken mysteriously from a pleasant dream, where I was on another planet without toddlers and husbands, and consciously disagreed with that point I just made. I seem always to be woken up in this house, by a xylophone, someone showing, anything really. The suffering a light sleeper has to face, it seems.

Continuing to hear noise, though still in a sleepy daze, I headed towards its source, where it seemed my family were gathered.
They were clapping, and using party blowers, and my first thoughts were that it was Adrian's birthday.

Then again, it couldn't be he'd only just aged up, and the children were no-where near their birth-dates. Who else could it be?

It was me. There was no-one else it could be. I was leaving behind my looks, health, and half my life, surrounded by sparkles and clapping. Could my family not see that I just wanted to be left alone?
I have left the best years of my life behind, but I would do my best possible to regain them. No-one can really tell my age?
Birthdays were so exciting when I was younger, the cake, the sparkles, the cries of 'Penblwydd Hapus!'
Now, no one but Teague and Eleanor would even have a faint idea what that meant.

I wanted to cry - 'No,' I told myself, 'you cannot let them see. It is not proper to display your emotions. Do not betray your homeland.'
Stifling back my sobs, I ordered them to bed. Eleanor and Michael, went quickly and without question.

Teague was a different matter.
'Mam, I'm sorry... it's just that, I can't you see, as... well-'
'GO TO SLEEP TEAGUE!'

He quickly lay down and followed my instructions. Not quite what I meant, but I didn't want to wake him, and have to talk. Who cares whether he sleeps in a bed or on the floor. What does it matter really? What does anything matter really?

I woke up the next day, and went to teaching Thomas how to speak, like he would ever use it, like he would even remember it. None of the stuff I taught him really matters anyway, who cares that 'Dwi'n Deidre, a ti'n Thomas.'?
I couldn't help myself, I broke off right in the middle of 'Dwi'n siarad Dyffrynaeg.'
I just couldn't take it anymore. I was too stressed. Too lackluster. Why was it so different last time?

Oh, but there are so many last times. The last time I saw my family. The last time I saw my homeland. The last time I was happy. None of if matters, it will never happen again. It's the last of it all, the end, the final years before I become old and die and everyone forgets I even exist.
Life is just a list of chores. An inexorable list of chores.

I try to help my family, but nothing does. Teaching Adrian to walk is just another chore, and I'm wasting my life on people who don't even matter. They scream and cry and shout, and it'll never matter. They'll never be remembered? Who would even care? Very few people are cared about, the lucky ones, writers, actors, world leaders. But they don't matter either, do they? The sun will explode, and it'll be as if Sims never even existed. Not even fossils like those of dinosaurs to record our species.

I'm not entirely sure what's happening to me. I need to change that, I need to fix myself, I need to relax. But I can't do it! It's all our savings, and I don't really matter.

Just another sim, in a house full of dirty, hungry, tired Sims, who'll never even matter.

'This is exactly why you need it though. Deidre, you're so much worthier than your family, they don't need another bathroom, they need you to guide and train them. You have to be relaxed to do this.'
So I go in, forgetting my rules, my responsibilities, everything that mattered. It's myself or some coins, and I chose myself. At 1:39 at night I enter the spa, and spend as much as I can.

It's 6am in the morning, I'm up, ready to shower and make breakfast, so head into the bathroom. The shower's broken. Why worry? I know how to fix it, I ready handiness books when I was pregnant with the triplets. So I fix the shower.

I clear the plates up, eat, and take Thomas out of his crib, starting to teach him to walk, something I've been putting off for so long. Eleanor, noticing the dirty shower, takes initiative and cleans it. Hal comes in, without being asked, and feeds Adrian before he's even crying.

As I pick up Thomas and put him back into place, stretching my arms out, to catch him if he falls, I focus on him. His soft, warm body against mine. The way he smiles when he knows he's improving. The perfect elven features, and the cries of 'Dwi'n hapus!', when he succeeds.
He walks to me again, and again. My race will never die as long as I, or Thomas can help it. The number of Dyffrynaeg speakers is increasing, my children will teach their children, and then their children, until all the world can speak it.

I pick up Thomas for the final time. It may be the last, but it means that he's succeed, he's accomplished what a day ago I didn't think was possible.
'Dwi wedi blino', he whispers to me, as he presses his head into my chest. 'Dwi'n gwybod, dwi'n gwybod.'

Yes, there may be problems, like Hal ageing up in the middle of the night without warning.

But what does that matter? We're happy, every day, every simoleon Hal earns brings us closer to my lifetime wish. Life is improving - very slowly, yes. Still, things are on the up.
Things are on the up.

Deidre McMillan

Next Chapter:
Midlife Crises -  A Hal Sandwich

Offline PJHP1243

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - Things are on the Up.
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2016, 05:26:49 PM »
That was a very sweet chapter. Love that last pic of Hal, it captures the essence of him!
Love all the kids! They're adorable. What was Teague about to say? I wonder...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2016, 05:29:03 PM »
Aw, this chapter was really touching. Poor Deidre had a bit of a postpartum/midlife crisis thing. It was a little heartbreaking to read but very real. I love how, in the end, she did take some time for herself. She deserved it. She's got a big family and it all relies on her.
I'm so glad for little Thomas though - he's such an adorable little baby! I can't wait to see his genetics as he gets bigger!
Hal actually being... a little useful?! That's... wow.
Things aren't so bad after all! I look forward to seeing the little ones getting bigger!
You can do this, Deidre!  ;D

Though, again, I really want to say I loved how emotional that chapter was - getting to see inside of Deirdre's head like that is a wonderful way to see into her character!

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2016, 02:35:46 AM »
That was a very sweet chapter. Love that last pic of Hal, it captures the essence of him!
Love all the kids! They're adorable. What was Teague about to say? I wonder...
Glad to see you're still liking it PJ! The kids may look adorable, but they certainly are not easily managed, and constantly seem to eat, and sleep, and there's never any time for them to make friends. Teague was going to say that he didn't have a bed. The chances are no one noticed, but right at the start of the chapter Deidre said 'enough beds for my four children'. I didn't think anyone would realise, but I put it there anyway. And Hal, always grinning stupidly with his top off, you'll be seeing a bit more of him in about two chapters time...

Aw, this chapter was really touching. Poor Deidre had a bit of a postpartum/midlife crisis thing. It was a little heartbreaking to read but very real. I love how, in the end, she did take some time for herself. She deserved it. She's got a big family and it all relies on her.
I'm so glad for little Thomas though - he's such an adorable little baby! I can't wait to see his genetics as he gets bigger!
Hal actually being... a little useful?! That's... wow.
Things aren't so bad after all! I look forward to seeing the little ones getting bigger!
You can do this, Deidre!  ;D

Though, again, I really want to say I loved how emotional that chapter was - getting to see inside of Deirdre's head like that is a wonderful way to see into her character!
Thank you, I put much more energy and time into that chapter than usual, trying to show another side of her apart from the bossy, long-word-saying side, although you won't see her actually having feelings for a little while now. Hal was still working, everyone had the red stressed moodlet, and no one could sleep. It was agonising to play!
 As for Hal, I was surprized too! He usually just looks at himself in the mirror, but he actually fed Adrian without me asking him too, so I had to include it. 

anything