Author Topic: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - Yes, Ma'am!  (Read 18489 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - Niënor's Invasion
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2016, 05:00:37 AM »
Lol no offense taken! Deidre is uniquely lovable and unlikable all at the same time, so a sarcastic mention would pretty much be par for the course ;-) trust me, I know aaaalllll about characters doing their own thing. My own legacy is full of them and I've only really introduced 3 characters so far lol and Livvie is the expert! I'm not sure I would survive with Majnun in my head on a permanent basis! We'd probably try to kill each other within 48 hours lol

This is your and Deidre's story, so it needs to be written openly and honestly! I'm just flattered that I mad enough of an impression that I got a mention XD

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2016, 06:44:14 AM »
Lol no offense taken! Deidre is uniquely lovable and unlikable all at the same time, so a sarcastic mention would pretty much be par for the course ;-) trust me, I know aaaalllll about characters doing their own thing. My own legacy is full of them and I've only really introduced 3 characters so far lol and Livvie is the expert! I'm not sure I would survive with Majnun in my head on a permanent basis! We'd probably try to kill each other within 48 hours lol

This is your and Deidre's story, so it needs to be written openly and honestly! I'm just flattered that I mad enough of an impression that I got a mention XD
I didn't know you had a legacy! Could you PM me a link to it please?
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2016, 04:46:48 PM »
Oh my! An update and a conversation about me! My lucky day! =D

Update first while I still have control of my head: Deirdre, dear, Nienor is lovely and you shouldn't be so harsh. I love the triplets, and I love the violin! Thomas is such a cute child! I also love that our dearest Nienor is starting to get some sass back with our lovely founder. ::) That's when the fun begins dear. ;)

Eleanor is very pretty in her coloring, I feel. Teague is quite wonderful too. I feel bad that his mother is treating him poorly/neglecting him. Hal reminds me a bit of Jupiter sometimes... which is kind of funny that I can see minor similarities between them.

Characters to me are their own people. In my stories, the thing I love expanding upon the most is my characters. I don't write stories and put them in it, I write them and their reaction to things that happen to them. I can tell you that my mind is an... interesting place to be. Characters will have full-out conversations in my head and if I'm quick enough I can jot them down somewhere to use them later. Honestly though @Magpie2012 I swear Majnun controls more of my head than I do.
Bah. This is MY home.
Yes, yes. Go back to smashing your pancakes in the carpet.
I finished with that five minutes ago, mortal.
Forgive me, go back to strangling the lamps then.
They INSULTED me.
Can't forget the drapes either.
THE NERVE OF THEM.

Majnun controls my story. He knows where things are going before I do. He's also never been wrong before, either. I wish I were joking, but this crazy dude runs the show. There's a long running joke between @mpart and I that he's the one driving the bus. Our little exercise was "if all your characters were on a bus at once, what would they be doing" and all I can see is the bus veering horrifically off-course as people are screaming and Majnun is in the backseat reading a newspaper (upsidedown, of course) before finally throwing the paper down and shouting "WHO THE HECK IS DRIVING THIS BUS!"
And everyone looks at him, horrified, because it was supposed to be him.
Olivia starts shouting "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO!"
And he just stumbles up to the front of the speeding bus and grumbles about how he has to do everything himself...

Ahem, anyways, I've derailed far enough as it is. ::)

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics - A Change of Hands (Short Update)
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2016, 02:44:53 PM »
A Change of Hands (Short Update)

My Dear Readers,
As always I have surprised you with a new update, through my cunning and interesting nature. If you actually read my last update, though of course you did, it is impossible for anyone to just skim through anything written by me. When you read it, you obviously noticed the scandalous attack on my work for that good-for-nothing numpty Niënor. Because she shared photos of my children with some less-than-devout readers, (or perhaps too devout), I righteously berated her, several times, yet she seemed to take personal offence and slandered all over my previous update!
This is why this update is written in entirety by myself. Usually, I write in Simlish, not even my native language of Dyffrynaeg, and than she translates it for me into the language of the Internet, 'English', for me, a seemingly useless language as I have never ever heard anyone speak it. This is why I had her, for technical reasons, as well as it meaning that I did not have to waste time learning a pointless language. This means that the following update might be a little sparse on the language front, although I assure you that, due to my incredible intelligence, my English is now perfectly.

So, without further ado, I prevent to you the events of this morning, and their consequences...

The yellow taxi curved round the last hill of the journey, it's unbelievably clever and important passenger weary, yet still determined. I would soon be there.

The taxi crossed the bridge, passing the weeping willow trees that so characterised the town's marshes, they told the taxi that it was entering Twinbrook. Of course, the passenger, being far more astute than a simple car, just read the sign saying 'Welcome to Twinbrook!'

But a few minutes later, the yellow taxi stopped outside the given house, and it's amazing passenger prepared to step out.

Here is another surprise for you - the mysterious passenger was me! I had travelled from Riverview to meet a man called Lang Gwydd for an urgent appointment. I stepped out and surveyed the house. It was almost a mansion, similar to what I might build if Hal could manage to work without being shouted out. However, from what I knew of this man, it was likely that he had not gained his money from toiling all day, if you get my meaning. 'Still', I thought to myself (for an internal monologue is not a sign of madness, but one of having few people of similar metal capabilities to converse with) 'at least this means he is successful in what he does, so that I won't be easily caught.' Hal would never live it down, he was a member of the police force, even if an inadequate one.   

I strolled up to the door, doing my best to appear calm and controlled, it was the first time I had properly committed a morally reprehensible act such as this. I was met by the man himself, Lang Gwydd, and one of his housemates. Previously, I had no idea on what he looked like, we had met online at a discussion on the Valley's descendants. Unfortunately, it appeared that there were very few elements of his ancestry still left in him, though perhaps his nose and weight likened him to the O'Reilly man. Nevertheless, he would still serve his purpose.   

He was unusually obliging to me, showing me in and up to his bedroom, where the act would be done, he seemed trapped by my beauty, but then again, any man would be.

We climbed up the stairs, and he gazed into my eyes for a few seconds longer than necessary, before opening his mouth and stating.
'So, umm Deidre, yeah - hi. Sorry, I've already said that. Hi, I'm Lang - well you know that but, well, you see...'
'Shouldn't we just get on with it?'

'Deidre... what d'you know about computers?'

'Obviously not enough to hack Niënor's account, as I'm talking to you.'
'Oh. Sorry, sorry! I just, well, umm... So what do you want me to do again?'
Skillfully I kept my calm, this man may be dull, but I needed him to help me.
'I want you to hack Niënor's account. Give me her password so I can upload my own posts and prevent her from commenting. However, as I am a kind and lovely person, still allow her to read and comment on other stories, as well as PM.'

'Sorry, that umm... could be quite difficult, you know... I might not-'
I cut his stuttering voice short, if there was one thing I learnt from Hal it was that flattery works wonders as a motivator.
'Of course I'll be difficult, but that's why I came to you! You're the best aren't you? Why would you lie? Please do it - for me?'
'Anything for you! Let me see...'
A few minutes later he spoke again.
'Watcher! I actually got it!'

'Okay Deidre, how's this? I recoop the hard-drive to Java, and then the code'll recalibrate and - What? Oh, ummm... sorry. Basically, I'll give you a new password for Niënor's account, which'll let you post and comment on hers. Then, on her normal account, I'll prevent her from accessing your story so she can't edit or comment or anything. Why are you looking at me like that? Sorry, I'm so sorry, it's... you see? Umm... what've I done wrong?'

'Nothing Lang - that's brilliant. She won't be able to retaliate, it's a perfect revenge that I came up with myself, and she'll realise never to trouble me ever again!'

I pull him into a hug of gratitude, after all, he'd get no other payment, I had skillfully managed to co-operate a deal where I benefitted completely. 
I rushed out of his bedroom, downstairs, into the waiting yellow taxi, and starting home to write this update as soon as I could. Lang chivalrously showed me to the cab, and politely waved me goodbye.

I mocked-up this update in my head, going over every detail of this update in my head.
As for Lang, I don't know what happened to him, and to be honest, I don't really care. It's unlikely that either of us will ever think of the other again.

Naturally you all sincerely enjoyed that rather short update, however I'll explain again, so that even the thickest of you will understand what this means.
I, Deidre, will be in charge of the comments section from now on.
Previously, Niënor has done this, however it seems fitting that I should be the one to converse with my loving and adoring fans.
I noted that several of you chose not to reply to my last post in protest against Niënor's act of violence, one traitor replied and chose not to give the heartfelt apology that even Niënor felt was necessary. The other one seemed to have been having a similar problem to me, hostile invasion by another Sim, so I don't hold her reply against her. However all faithful followers should now have no such qualms in doing so, and can be assured that all your feedback is going directly to the writer, not just some middle-man. My solution is clearly the best option for everyone!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Yours sincerely,
Deidre McMillan
(Accomplishments include: Cleverest of all Sims, Sim with most proper dress sense, most ethically motivated Sim, being and Elf, and most skilled at putting up with dense husband...)

Next Chapter: Yes, Ma'am!
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics - A Change of Hands (Short Update)
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2016, 03:13:14 PM »
My, my, Deidre, you're taking charge there aren't you. Do tell Nienor I at least said hello, would you?
Of course, when you're done admiring every achievement you've done. Can't forget to do that first. ;)

I loved the update, as always. Question for you, Deidre, do you see yourself having a hard time passing the torch off to Thomas?

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics - A Change of Hands (Short Update)
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »
My, my, Deidre, you're taking charge there aren't you. Do tell Nienor I at least said hello, would you?
Of course, when you're done admiring every achievement you've done. Can't forget to do that first. ;)

I loved the update, as always. Question for you, Deidre, do you see yourself having a hard time passing the torch off to Thomas?

LivvieLove - prompt as ever! And thankfully free of that strange pancake-hating creature who hacked you last time. Perhaps you followed my innovative example? I might inform Nienor of your greetings, however only if she decides to come crawling back to me, and apologises. I was magnanimous enough to still allow her to comment on some of your stories, so it's not really goodbye.
As for passing the torch on - I definitely do not intend to do this whilst I am still alive! It's like being the Queen, why would I abdicate even though my son is of age? I will treasure my power, and use it justly and wisely while I still can. After that, well, I will be basking in the meadows of Nefoedd with the best and bravest of my countrymen, so why would I care about a small blog when I have all the power I can wish for?
Deidre

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2016, 04:42:41 PM »
LivvieLove - prompt as ever! And thankfully free of that strange pancake-hating creature who hacked you last time. Perhaps you followed my innovative example? I might inform Nienor of your greetings, however only if she decides to come crawling back to me, and apologises. I was magnanimous enough to still allow her to comment on some of your stories, so it's not really goodbye.
As for passing the torch on - I definitely do not intend to do this whilst I am still alive! It's like being the Queen, why would I abdicate even though my son is of age? I will treasure my power, and use it justly and wisely while I still can. After that, well, I will be basking in the meadows of Nefoedd with the best and bravest of my countrymen, so why would I care about a small blog when I have all the power I can wish for?
Deidre
Ah, he's always there, sometimes he just... shakes the wheel from my grasp more than others. Usually he has something enlightening to say. Though, a lot of times not. I'm glad to know the plans for the coming generation. Oh, here's another for you, will you be screening the potential spouses for our dear Thomas? I'm excited for the future and to see these wonderful genes carry on! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2016, 11:50:29 AM »
Ah, he's always there, sometimes he just... shakes the wheel from my grasp more than others. Usually he has something enlightening to say. Though, a lot of times not. I'm glad to know the plans for the coming generation. Oh, here's another for you, will you be screening the potential spouses for our dear Thomas? I'm excited for the future and to see these wonderful genes carry on! ;D

Let's say that in all actuality I chose the most fitting spouse for Thomas and arranged for them to get together. However, my four other children all need partners and I will gladly show the other choices for Thomas as well if it entertains my adoring fans.
Deidre

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics - Hiatus
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »
Hiatus Announcement
My Dear Readers,
This should be the announcement that you devoted readers all knew was coming, that is, unless you have the vocabulary of Hal and have no clue what 'hiatus' means. For those of you, unlike myself, with this limited level of intelligence, a hiatus is a break - I shall return in a few months.  Actually there is the possibility that my most devoted readers have no idea about this, as they might not read the comments as they are not written by me, and skipped Niënor's invasion out of loyalty, so he/she would never see my work despoiled.

Of course, this hiatus is not my choice, I would not senselessly abandon you like some other writers, this is part of my scheme to educate the world about the Valley. It will last for the duration of about 2.5 months, as Niënor claims she cannot translate for me during this period, because she has 'mocks' which are not even as important as real exams, so I do not see why they take priority over me! For those with the intelligence of Hal, I shall be back here in the middle of December.

Yes, as the astute has noticed, Niënor and I have started to work together again. She came crawling back to me, crying and weeping, saying how brilliant I was, and how she should never have disobeyed me, for I was far superior. We agreed that she would translate, we would co-manage the comments, and that she could never touch my posts again. Which, of course means that the sentence before last might not be strictly accurate. It was only due to my magnanimity, and the need for a translator, but mainly my magnanimity that let her return. I am such a kind conqueress that I even let her pass on a message to you, that:
'Hi! Deidre will already have explained but I'm just saying that for now I will still be reading and replying to other stories. When it gets closer to my exams I will be avoiding all distractions so will probably not read any until it's over. It's not that I don't like it or anything, just... exams.' 

So for the last time until the end of that slacker's absence, I bid you all a sincere farewell,
Deidre McMillan

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - Hiatus
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2016, 07:45:37 AM »
Goodbye, Deidre and Nienor! See you in December! The story blog is progressing very nicely, and the children are adorable! Deidre, I honestly don't know how you put up with Hal.

So farewell and see you then!
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2016, 12:21:30 PM »
My Dearest Deidre,

I truly do apologize for the slight I seem to have committed towards you. It was never my intention. I am always, and shall continue to be, interested in discovering what new dramas interesting occurrences happen in your life. Please send my best regards and wishes of luck to our dear Nienor. I am certain that she is very apologetic of having "mocks", but, you, yourself should know the importance of being educated and intelligent. I recall Nienor asking about a legacy that I have been writing about. Please, assure her that, it is posted here on this Forum, but, is on a hiatus of its own right now, and I will let her know forthwith once it has been re-awoken from its self-imposed rest.

I hope you realize that I hold you in high regard, even if I do think that Hal should have run far and fast

Sincerely,
Magpie

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2016, 02:04:20 PM »
Goodbye, Deidre and Nienor! See you in December! The story blog is progressing very nicely, and the children are adorable! Deidre, I honestly don't know how you put up with Hal.

So farewell and see you then!
Farewell to you too, my constant and admiring reader! I told Niënor that 'web-log' or 'blog' was a new-fangled and gimmicky word, not worthy of gracing my writing, but she disagreed and informed me that it was in common use, and it was the name of my records. Now I can crow to her about how I was right - for you clearly could not think of the 'correct' word, so used another originally before coming back to it and crossing it out!
Deidre

My Dearest Deidre,

I truly do apologize for the slight I seem to have committed towards you. It was never my intention. I am always, and shall continue to be, interested in discovering what new dramas interesting occurrences happen in your life. Please send my best regards and wishes of luck to our dear Nienor. I am certain that she is very apologetic of having "mocks", but, you, yourself should know the importance of being educated and intelligent. I recall Nienor asking about a legacy that I have been writing about. Please, assure her that, it is posted here on this Forum, but, is on a hiatus of its own right now, and I will let her know forthwith once it has been re-awoken from its self-imposed rest.

I hope you realize that I hold you in high regard, even if I do think that Hal should have run far and fast

Sincerely,
Magpie
Being your gracious and magnanimous better, I accept your apology, though I would have clearly preferred more flattery and less about Niënor. I am incredibly well educated though, as you can see from my writing style, so you are very right to hold me 'in high regard'. I see you have clearly changed your ways for the better, no doubt due to my divine influence, so you should be able to see how much more intelligence and sensible Hal will become, all thanks to me, so although you should never have even considered that last comment, I am grateful you realised you error and struck it through. Keep up the good effort, although the spelling needs work - you should be informed that the words are spelt 'apologise' and 'realise'!
Deidre   

Hey - thanks for the PM, I'll start reading once this revision period (aaah! I should be revising) is over. Sorry about Deidre, she is intolerant and biased dislikes American spellings. And I'm the spell/grammar checker here! The apology made my day, and hers I think, you should clearly offend her more often - it'd be so much funnier for me! And I totally agree with you about Hal!
Niënor  :D

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2016, 05:49:06 PM »
Truth be told, I also am biased against the "Americanised" spellings of apologise and realise. Unfortunately, my blasted spell-check is biased against the "British" spellings of those same words. So, sometimes, I just start clicking away at the spelling "errors" and end up with the former as opposed to the latter. It is like the grey/gray conundrum...

Thanks for volunteering to read my legacy (its only about 4 or so chapters long at this point). I played ahead in game before I started writing it, only to find that, with my choice of using a heir vote, I would get to a spot where I just couldn't play ahead without knowing who the heir was going to be (the eldest had Serial Romantic as her Aspiration and it would have made for interesting stories if she is chosen)

With the above in mind, I shudder to think what chaos Deirdre and Karda (my Founder) could get up to if they joined forces •brain explodes•

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2016, 11:57:36 PM »
Best of luck with your exams, Nienor. I apologize if I'm proving to be any distraction... ::)
I'll patiently await the grand return of Deidre and co.!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2016, 01:46:24 PM »
I just got caught up with this.  Loving the haughty attitude you've got for Deirdre!  Of course, it's all the more glorious as it contrasts with Hal's "just one of the guys" disposition. 
Can't wait to read more  :=)  Of course, that would have been directed at Nienor...

Dear Lady Deirdre,
It is my esteemed honor to be amongst those fortunate to read of your daring deeds in revitalizing the elven populace despite obstacles as numerous as a half-wit husband and children unfortunately subjected to his inadequate gene pool and barely passable toddler training.  It is my fondest wish for you to find even more and greater success as you endeavor forward with your noble efforts, and perhaps, manage to find the much-needed time finding comfort with Yuri who is clearly more capable of appreciating your grandness.
Sincerest regards,
    Pippin

anything