Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132029 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: Vote on the Gen2 Heir (new 08/09)
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016, 04:17:31 PM »
@FrancescaFiori
Thanks for the swift vote! I was stunned to realize that Dorth was gone! She even had death flowers in her personal inventory but no chance to use them. Such a bizarre death!
I'm thinking Grim doesn't like saunas? Doesn't he reap all deaths?

@Joria
I appreciate your feedback! Although the traits and initial child and teen aspirations are rolled, I can pick any career I'd like.
Because Nio's name rhymes with Neo from The Matrix, he thought it would be cool if he became "The Oracle" in the Criminal career.
Although technically, Neo was "The One" in The Matrix franchise and not The Oracle...hehe

@Nettlejuice
I've never had a death in Sims 4 where Grim didn't bother to show up at all. But yes, he was surely punishing me for trying to take a life.
Luckily, it was a weekday afternoon so the founder left for work and stopped trying to make that death happen.
I had to replace that central pool with plants! When I tried to build downstairs, I couldn't entirely enclose the space because I had "built a pool next to or close to the foundation." *sighs

Offline Alarianna

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 04:47:39 PM »
silent reader here: I suggest Nami for heir and Nio as cadet. Love them all but making a choice. Good luck

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 05:31:08 PM »
What a shocking loss!  So sad.

I vote for Nio and Arisa because they are the first and second born.  (I guess I am a bit old fashioned.)

Good luck with your decision.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 06:08:31 PM »
1) I vote for Nami as the heir

2) And Nio as the cadet branch leader.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 07:33:06 PM »
I think the non-reaping was a glitch. I had a similar thing happen when I killed a sim via hysteria. She was laughing her head off at the TV for a very long time, and I just put the walls up for a second to find a mirror for her to make silly faces in, and when I panned back, she was gone. Just an urn. I think maybe the game gets confused and then realizes, "Oh, shoot! That sim should have been dead ages ago!" and then skips through the reaping. It's disconcerting, to be sure!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2016, 09:39:32 PM »
I vote for Nami as heir for a really shallow reason - her hair. Arisa as cadet I guess, though Nio would be fine too.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016, 01:19:36 PM »
I just found this story! I always seem to miss when good Sims 4 stories go up because I'm not as frequent on that board!
First of all - @oshizu you started a legacy!!! (Internal happy dance)!
Second of all your founder is so awesome looking!
Third of all LOOK AT THE BABIES!
I have a soft spot for Nio (perhaps because his criminal career reminds me of Naoto - oh I really hope I spelled that right, apologies if I didn't). However I'll be happy with whoever the masses pick. The kids are all so gorgeous.
Nami does have some pretty sweet haircolor now that you've hooked her up.

I'm sorry, I'm kind of babbling. Anywho! I'll be reading! This is fantastic!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2016, 04:08:18 PM »
A huge thank you to everyone who voted!

@Alarianna and @dontmindme
I really appreciate your following this silly story and your taking the time to vote!

@Caterina
Yes, Dorothy's death was so unnecessary--I was just ignorant about how sauna deaths worked. I literally panicked trying to get her out of the sauna room, but she simply vanished.
I too voted for Nio as heir, but Nami as cadet.

@FrancescaFiori
Thanks for the comment about the non-reaping. I was wondering if Grim's absence was normal for death by overheating. Grim, you slacker!

@KRae
I have to confess that I'm very transparent. Typically, the sims I favor usually sport the coolest hair, haha.
In Nami's case, her name means "Wave" in Japanese so her hair had to be a shade of blue.

@LivvieLove
Thank you for reading and voting! My founder is actually a bin clone of the sim I recently created for this forum's recent tournament challenge named "Cloning Around."
Also, I'm looking forward to reading the mature version of your Reaper Legacy!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Toils and Troubles of Gen2 Teens
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2016, 04:12:14 PM »
1.6  The Mori Legacy: Toils and Troubles of Gen2 Teens

Saturday

Nio: Once my sisters’ birthday party is over, Nami and I take off to make some social calls.
You can guess where we are, right?

Nio: Just because I’ve maxed Mischief, that doesn’t make me a social boor!
No ma’m! Here I am making friendly with Max Villareal!
Watchette/W: Why does he look so cute and happy with the Chants and @Nettlejuice, but so dreary in our story?

W: I’m not understanding why you’re along for Nio’s “visits.” What are you up to?
Nami: What’s not to understand, Watchette? Nio’s going to become The Oracle and I’m going to be a computer whiz.
We’re like a dynamic duo! The Hackin’ Hawties!
And wow, Nio’s right! Hacking into the Villareals’ bank accounts was a piece of cake!

Nio: As much as I’d like to chat with you some other time, Luna dear, you are spoiling my concentration!
I’m trying to clog a drain here, not worry about your Ferragamo pumps fading because brother Hugo left them on the back porch.
Luna: Yak yak yakkity yak yak…

Nio: Luna started complaining about my inappropriate behavior so I’ve moved to the upstairs bathroom.
Nami: I’m running interference for Nio, listening to Luna going on about her Ferragamos as if I actually cared…

Nami: At the Bjergsens’ home, I persuade Sofia and  Elsa Bjergsen to watch a movie with me while Nio makes his mischief.
Nio: Just one more drain to clog, Nami! Great job!

Nio: At the Free Spirits’ residence, Nami tells a group story to Maaike and Ulrike in the front yard, while I clog my last drain upstairs.
Brilliant stroke with the group story, Nami!
Nami: And now you’ve completed Chief of Mischief so quickly, though it certainly helped that you’d already maxed Mischief as a child…

Sunday

Kaoru: One never knows when the science objects and serums will come in handy!
I’ve decided to invent a simray and satellite dish as well as make and test the most useful serums while I’m still working as a scientist.

Anita: By the way, Watchette replaced our central pool with a garden area last night to build bedrooms downstairs.
Apparently, it’s impossible to create an enclosed space on four sides downstairs when one “builds a pool next to or close to a foundation.”
What do I know? For now, at least, that central area holds stairs leading downstairs, a fountain, and flora.

Arisa: So much focus on Nio and Nami this chapter! Isn’t anyone interested in what I’m doing?
Kaoru: Well, let’s see…you’ll be done with Freelance Botanist as soon as you max Gardening.
Nio: Sorry, sis, but Mom and Dad have already completed Freelance Botanist, so that’s not such an exciting achievement!
Nami: Just now, you cooked breakfast and did a Call to Meal social, but finished off your plate standing in the kitchen…
And you keep trying to run off to use the computers in the Focused Room—those are for Nio and I, sis! We’re the computer whizzes, so hands off!
Arisa: Awwww, mean!

Arisa: Okay, so I just need to max a skill or an aspiration that no one’s done yet so far?
Anita: Yes, dear, that would be extremely helpful! Also make sure you max Gardening ASAP—graft a lot of plants or something.
Arisa: Fine, I’ll work on Guitar and something… mutters: the voting’s still ongoing but it’s like I’ve already been voted off the island!
Kaoru: Sorry, Arisa. You really need to carve out your own niche in this household!
Arisa: If you’d finish upgrading the Microscope, I’ll try to finish that collection.
Anita: Don’t mind me—I’m just capturing the epic saga of Nio in a Book of Life.

Kaoru: By the way, Anita, why capture the epic sage of Nio first? Nami has the most heir votes right now.
Anita: That’s true, but Nami can’t complete her Computer Whiz aspiration until she’s a young adult.
Nio’s completed two aspirations since his first one, so he’s more versatile for the moment. Of course, my second Book of Life is for Nami!

W: And what are you up to, Kaoru?
Kaoru: Well, I’m just about done making untested serums.
I’d like to make an Age-Away Serum for cloning to save Potions of Youth for points, but I still lack that serum’s ingredients.
Once I get some roses, I can also make a Rose Serum then I’ll start testing all my serums.
I want to leave behind a useful archive of tested serums.

Monday

Nami: Mom, I never realized you started work at the same time as our high school!
Anita: It’s nice that we all leave at the same time, isn’t it?  Well, except for your father, that is.
Nami: Why is Nio shirtless, Mom? Will the school send him home if he tries to attend classes like that?
Anita: I’m friends with Go Sanada and his friend Tao in Newcrest. If I know the Windenberg High School’s PTA, none of the mothers will lodge complaints against Nio!
Sigh, there goes my little boy Nio!  Breaking hearts, one grade at a time!

Nami (under her breath): He’s still a little scrawny for my tastes…
Anita: You better hurry, girl! You don’t want to be tardy on your first day of high school!

The teens are back from high school, some a lot happier than others!
That’s Doreen on the very right.

Tuesday

Arisa: After caring meticulously for our garden and grafting several rows of low-quality plants, I finished Freelance Botanist last night!
First off, I want to work on the Guitar skill this morning!
W: Arisa is actually a very beautiful sim. Her traits simply make her less unique and so not as interesting.

Nami: Since yesterday was our first day of high school, I haven’t earned an A yet.
But I’ve totally aced my Barista job! Sayonara to working from 5-7 am on weekdays and this lame outfit! *phones to quit job

Kaoru: I’ve come to the Lab today for the first time, hoping that it would encourage new households to move into our simverse.
It’ll be hard to find a husband for my girls that (a) has unique traits, (b) is a townie sim, and (c) will not bring undesirable genes into our bloodline.

Here at the Lab, all the workers are male, but only one offers three unique traits.
The adult Isaiah Morton is a Bro, a Foodie, and a Bookworm.
Nice traits for Nami, who is also a Bro, but when does he become an elder?

Don’t get the wrong idea, dude! I only used a Romantic social to ask if you’re single for my daughters’ sake.
And he’s single! But do I want a guy who’s my age to marry one of my daughters? No!
We’ll keep an eye on him just in case a suitable younger man doesn’t emerge.
W: Let’s keep our eyes peeled for a male spouse and a female spouse, to cover our bases.

Anita: Since the Computer Whiz aspiration requires 100 hours on the computer and since Nio still has six more days as a teenager, he’s started the Bestselling Author aspiration.
I joined the Writer career and completed this aspiration last week, so I’m mentoring Nio in writing.
Nami can’t strategize this way since Computer Whiz is her first aspiration, poor thing!

Kaoru: In between writing novels, Nio invites his friend Isabelle Herndon over so I can check her out.
The young adult Isabelle is a Romantic Snob and share’s Nio’s Good trait.
Incredibly, she is a Level 10 Secret Agent/Villain (as you know, the Villain branch has 11 levels).
What do you say, Nio? I’ll befriend her then get her moved into the house tonight. You two can hook up in 6 days when you’re a young adult.

Nio: Hey, Dad, butt out! Isabelle is my acquaintance and I don’t need you getting all chummy with her!
You know, I haven’t told Mom, but the guys at school say you’ve got the Player trait from your Serial Romantic past.
If Isabelle and I are meant to be together, then we can wait for six days
Kaoru: How did you meet Isabelle, son? I’d never seen her before tonight.
Nio: Remember the time we went to Desert Bloom Park and you broke open the access to Forgotten Grotto? I met Isabelle there that day and we played chess.
Kaoru: You were just a kid then!
Nio: Whatever. Now, excuse me, Dad, while I try to strike up a friendship with my future wife.

Nio:  Watchette, if you’ll please take steps to ensure my BFF Isabelle isn’t culled, I’m pretty certain she’ll move in as soon I’m a young adult!
W: I’d been giving you space and didn’t notice earlier, Nio, but you have red swirls all over your body.
Here, drink this medicine right away!

Arisa: So let’s talk about who’s pulling their weight in this household again!
Besides my first aspiration (Freelance Botanist), I maxed two easy ones: Mansion Baron and Curator.
I’ve maxed two new skills for the household, Photography and Guitar. And tonight, I cleared the Fast Food Employee career!
Do you think I’ve carved out a space for myself in this house yet?
W: You’ve done really great, Arisa!!! I wish you’d have come home in your work outfit, thought.
About your contribution, what we really need are maxed skills!
Your parents are working on Herbalism and Mixology, Doreen maxed Comedy tonight, and Nami the Dance Machine will level DJing.
Would you take care of Baking? That would really help out!

Kaoru: I’d like to thank those of you who took the time to vote.  The poll is now closed and here are the official results:

Gen2 Heir     Nio (3 votes), Arisa (0 votes), Nami (6 votes)
Cadet            Nio (4 votes), Arisa (3 vote), Nami (2 votes)

If you’re wondering how Nio got 3 votes, Watchette voted for Nio as heir and Nami as cadet.

Nami: Obviously, this means that I become the Gen2 heir when I reach young adulthood in 8 days (next Friday).
Niio:  And, becoming a young adult in 4 days on Monday, I will remain in the house to start a cadet branch.

Nami: Okay, so Nio has been lucky enough to find someone awesome to love, but what about me?
Kaoru: Sunday night is “Guys’ Night Out” around town, Nami, so I thought we’d hit all the hot spots.
Buy yourself the Observant trait before then, Nami. Nio and I have that reward trait, too, so we can help interview your prospects.
And when Doreen and Nio age up, I might even send them off to work as Doctor and Detective for one day each to try and spawn more townies.

To the next chapter

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: Toils and Troubles of Gen2 Teens (new 08/10)
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2016, 04:46:18 PM »
What is the purpose of a 'cadet' in a Legacy?  I haven't seen that term before.  Maybe I don't read enough stories.

It's funny that we are so quick to move in a potential spouse that our sims barely know them at times.  Nio's comment about "striking up a friendship with my future wife" was perfect, very funny.  I had a really stubborn sim once who wouldn't build relationships with any of the candidates I chose for her.  Her choice was a little plump and I thought it might get passed on to the children.  I ran out of time and she did end up married to her choice.  Does the Insta-Lean potion work on children?

Also, I think you can clog drains in the public buildings and it counts towards the milestone.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2016, 05:03:22 PM »
@Caterina
I'm still really new to the Legacy Challenge so I'm constantly reading and re-reading the Rules and the rule-related comments.
Apparently, a cadet is an heir's sibling who lives on in the house. The cadet's family (spouse/kids) can earn points toward the legacy score. They're just family helpers.
Technically, I could move the entire family out when the Gen2 becomes a young adult, but then I'd be left with her and an unskilled spouse, hehe.

Haha, I felt a little frantic about moving Isabelle in because (in a dynasty file) I had a teen who met another teen and exchanged promised rings, then his promised girlfriend got culled overnight.
To prevent a spouse from bringing in $20k, Pinstar says to move him/her in with an existing household. It's possibly illegal but I moved Isabelle in with the Free Spirits so she won't be culled. I'm not a huge fan of the Villain career, so I started drooling when I checked Isabelle's work schedule and it matched a Level 10 Villain.

About plumpness, I've never tried the Insta-Lean potion or the Slimify serum (Scientist career) on children. I've started leaning toward serums because they don't cost reward points.

I wonder if clogging a drain in someone's residence is not considered inappropriate if the clogging sim has the "Always Welcome" trait? That would be absurd.
Also, are you still in the process of or planning to build Winterfell?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2016, 07:27:29 PM »
I have been taking a bit of a break from my simming due to some real life stuff that needs my attention.  I'm not sure when I will get back to it.  I do still plan to complete Winterfell but I have no clue when that will be.  There are few versions by other simmers already posted in the Gallery.  There is a Minecraft community called Westeros Craft that is building all of Westeros in Minecraft.  I might look there for some details/inspiration for my build.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2016, 09:26:17 PM »
I'm happy to see Nio still in the house! I loved all the character, poor Arisa though, she clearly does a lot of the legwork!
Man, after the Apocalypse challenge you've really got skilling and careers nailed down to a science, Oshizu! I look forward to see what misadventures will happen during your legacy. =)
Who knows, maybe you'll pick up a crazy god too? Heh. ;)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2016, 09:38:09 PM »
Oh, poor Arisa! I feel bad now, but she's just not that interesting. Plus, the dynamic duo of Nami and Nio is just irresistible. I have to say, though, that Nio's accomplishments are very impressive, especially for a teen, and I really like Isabelle. Nami's right, he is a bit scrawny, but I'm sure that's only temporary. ;)
It's a shame Isaiah is so old; he's quite handsome. I hope Nami has some good luck at guy's night. Can you tell spouse-hunting is my favorite part of a legacy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2016, 11:42:47 PM »
@Caterina
I hope you can clear your real life tasks and return to simming in your free time, so we can continue reading your dynasty story!

@LivvieLove
Yes, I'm also happy that Nio survived the poll! In fact, Arisa doesn't do any more than the rest of the household.
It's just that she's rather annoying and so she must make the extra effort so I don't just kill her off, lol.
And yes, after the Apocalypse Challenge, it's nice to be able to do skilling and careers with all the helpful boosts right from the start!
I am more than content to read about your crazy god, Majnun, than clumsily attempt to write one of my own, haha.

@FrancescaFiori
I don't feel bad about Arisa at all. I explain a little why she's annoying in the next update.
As a child, Nio maxed fewer skills than the other three girls but he chose to level Mischief then got lucky with his first teen aspiration. He and Nami are very close, but maybe the house needs Nami to have an artistic spouse.
And yes, I actually love the spouse-hunting aspect of both dynasties and legacies! For this legacy, though, I'm planning something low down and dirty...uh, not naughty dirty but unpleasant dirty. So maybe Isiah still has a chance! ;-)