Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132072 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: I've Only One Itching Desire (new 08/24)
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2016, 10:48:08 AM »
I'm sorry I missed this! I agree. Nao should be the heir. He's very good looking. Not that the other two aren't. But, yeah.

Now I have to go back and read his from the beginning!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2016, 12:59:37 PM »
Late to the response! Apologies!
First of all... I will NEVER, ever complain about a dancers chapter! Second of all, HANA! STOP BEING YOUR AUNTIE ARISA! Ahem, sorry. I really hope you don't have one of those every generation.
Also, your poor Tragic Clown. I'm a little bit attached to mine... so that's where my sympathy comes from. At least Tragic... er Ed? - Doubly hard on me with my Ed's name too! - contributed to the household in a meaningful way! Oh and he can no longer reek havoc on your store! So it's a win-win!
Anyways, I still love Sora a lot and after this chapter Hana is (hopefully) out of the heirship. As much as I do love Sora, I'll be equally happy with handsome Nao and his... Achievements.
 ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2016, 07:25:15 PM »
Never ever apologize for the dancers!  You know we love them to pieces.  Sigh.  Such eye candy at any age.  Oh, too bad Hana turned out to be suck a pickle!  Guess it didn't really matter much to me as my vote would still be for Nao.  Handsome guy.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: A Hard Reign's Gonna Fall
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2016, 08:28:07 AM »
A big thank you to all of you who voted. Our next heir will be Naoki Mori!
His older brother Sora will stay to complete the "Complete both food aspirations in one generation" milestone, while Hana will be moving out.

3.22 The Mori Legacy: A Hard Reign's Gonna Fall

Week 12/Wednesday

Nami: Sora and Naoki have stayed home from school most of the week, preparing for the transition to the fourth generation.
As for Nio, Zach, and I, we've devoted ourselves full-time to mentoring the boys in skills that can be mentored.
Nio: They’d already started with Fitness and Handiness, maxing those yesterday. Tonight, they maxed painting.
Nami: Zach turned 104 days old today. He gets tired easier lately and goes to bed much earlier than the rest of us.
Nio: Hana goes to school, watches TV, and cares for the garden. She’ll move out to live with our Dad soon.

Thursday

Nami: Our little Sora is a young adult at last. He is now an Insane, Kleptomaniac, Music Lover.
The “Tell jokes 0/2” milestone really frightened me during this party.
At first, no one would tell jokes so all the men try telling jokes while I’m at the bar and Hana’s at the piano.
The result: Zach and Nio turn hysterical whereas everyone else becomes Very Playful.
Nao: The mirrors don’t help! Zach and I only come down from hysteria when Nao changes the club vibe.
But we still earn a gold medal for Sora’s birthday party! Whew!

Sora: Today, I’m the one who successfully makes the toast, uh, through Mom’s head. Whatever!
Notice how Mom, once again, plies everyone with drinks to increase our chances of making a toast!

Nao: Late afternoon, I notice that Marci’s aged up to a young adult so I invite her over.
Sadly, her third trait is Cheerful which is the same as my grandmother, so Marci can’t be my Primary Spouse.
I still want to marry Marci and have children with her. I’ll need to consult Mom the Deathmonger. Darn it!

Marci: Wow, Nao, you’ve been working out, haven’t you? It really shows!
Nao: Yeah, thanks! Sora and I both maxed fitness yesterday. Happy birthday, Marci!
Marci: Erm, Nao, would you mind lifting your eyes and looking at my face while we chat?

Friday

Sora: My starting aspiration is Master Mixologist so I’m glad to finally start working on it!
Tonight’s my first workday in the culinary career! I’m so excited and start preparing for work early.
Brain Boosting yoga routine, check!
Ylang ylang aromatherapy massage with incense, check!
Essence of inspiration, check!

Nao: Tonight I’ll get my final promotion in the Retail Employee career, which means I max three teen careers.
Let’s see how quickly I can complete my Renaissance Sim aspiration on my birthday this Sunday!

Mom moved Hana out last night to live with Grandpa, but she’s still not done pestering me.
Can’t you see I’m trying to get focused before work?

Nami: Once the boys are safely at work on time, I spy little Lukia across the street and age her up.
0h Lukia! The daughter I wish I’d had! She grows up with the “Mori assets” we female members all seem to have.
She looks very lovely and stylish, even without a makeover!

And those violet eyes! Too bad her second trait is Jealous…

Saturday

Nami: Watchette’s been complaining about everyone constantly on the computers, playing video games or trolling teh forums.
Nio: First, she locks the two computers in the Inspired Room away, since none of us are writing novels or skill books.
Zach: But look what’s she done to the computers in the Focused Room now! What’s a guy supposed to do for fun?
W: *cackles diabolically

Nao: Somebody explain why we’re bar-hopping in the middle of the night? The Shrieking Llama Bar was a graveyard.
And we’re the only ones here at Narwahl Arms except the DJ and the bartender.
Nami: Saturday night is Ladies’ Night but we couldn’t leave the house until Sora got off work at 2 a.m.

Nami: In the morning, we all head out to Mori’s Emporium for a few hours. Oddly, Hana shows up.
She has no “Retail” interaction so she’s not here as a customer and starts disrupting our sales talks.
Zach: Everyone’s busy with customers, except me, so I ask Hana to leave.

Sora: We hire a new employee! I’ve been managing him myself, switching between having him clean or answer the customers’ questions.

Nio: Sora, I notice you’ve been talking with the Lice Cooler. We’re only here for several hours.
Would you mind waiting until we get home then talk to our fridge instead?

Zach: This morning at the shop, I got my first notice from Grim. Normally, that would give me about three more days.
Nami: Normally, yes, but you’re an Active sim who completed the Bodybuilder aspiration.
You could live for another two to three weeks. What would you like to do?
Zach: I’d like to stay until Nao’s birthday on Sunday then move out to live with Lucas Munch, Arisa, and Lukia.
Nami: Tell you what, I’ll join you as soon as Marci Primley maxes her career! And honey, are you thinking now what I’m thinking?

Zach: Nami, stop reading my mind! (How will I bear to be apart from her?)
Nami: (How can I live without him? Luckily, he’ll be living right up the street!)

Nami: Nao invites Valentina Hastings over as a prospective Primary Spouse.
She’s an elderly Level 4 Writer but, hey, she brings unique traits: Active, Glutton, and Evil.
Zach: It’s important, I agree, to bring in someone with unsavory traits so the desirable ones can be saved for later!

Nao: When Valentina arrives, I strike up a conversation with her but you’ll never guess who else arrives, uninvited.
Of course, she has to come sit right next to us. *mutters: we still haven’t done “death by starvation”

Nao: Just another night of spouse-hunting at the Shrieking Llama Bar.
Tonight’s Singles’ Night but, happily, all the clientele are ladies except for my uncle, Wendell Behr.

Nami: Here’s the lineup of tonight’s candidates:
Pamela Coffey (standing next to Nao): Adult/Maid; Romantic Dance Machine, Hates Children.
Aurora Tilley (seated next to him): Elder/Bar regular; Outgoing, Goofball, Bookworm.
Reese McClure (seated with afro): Adult/Fisherwoman; Childish, Loner, Geek.

Valentina’s still the best candidate, Nao.  Our work here is done!

Nio: What’s Sora up to in the kitchen?
Nami: We got him that new bar counter, so he’s practicing bar tricks while telling a story to himself.
Zach: Sora’s doing great at work! He’s only worked two nights so far and he earned a promotion each night!
He even joined the mixology branch already yesterday!
Nio: That’s superb! You remember my first fiancée Isabelle? She hadn’t reached Level 6 Culinary even after two weeks!

Week 13/Sunday

Nao: It’s finally time for my birthday party!
Half the guests are at the side of the house, trying to enter the locked room with the “Don’t Wake the Llama” table for children. Go figure!
I blow out my candles anyway. I want to give Sora enough time to prepare for work this evening. (And I insta-complete Renaissance Sim, just as I’d planned!)

Nami: Congratulations, Nao. I now officially pass the reins of the Mori legacy to you, the chosen third-generation heir!

Nao: Once we earn our gold medal, I end the party immediately and get to work on Valentina Hastings.
We’re already good friends, so I can ask her to move in right away.  Primary Spouse, score!
Her aspiration makes no difference, since I discover her age bar is already bubbling. The timing couldn't be more perfect!
Zach: Nami, I believe Nao takes after you a lot more than we’d realized…

Nio: Dad, I know you like The Dancers outfit, but it’s inappropriate dress for your grandson’s birthday party!
Kaoru: Do you mind? I’d just like to flaunt it while I still got it, okay?
W: Honestly, I did give Kaoru a different party outfit with The Dancers outfit as a secondary outfit, but he always comes to parties here dressed like that.

Nao: Marci, I was wondering if you’d move in with us.
Marci: Yes, of course. Mom says that’s always been the plan.
Nao: There’s another question I’ve been wanting to ask you ever since we were in kindergarten together. Marci, will you marry me?
Marci: Yes, yes, yes!

Valentina: Hello, young lady. My name’s Valentina. I’m Naoki’s Primary Spouse. (Take that!)
Marci: Hello, old biddy. My name’s Marci. I’m Naoki’s Secondary Spouse and fiancée. (Touché!)
Nao: Well, this feels a little awkward.

Marci: Is it really true what your mother says about you and me having ten children?
Nao: Well, I thought we could adopt half of them, if you’d like a career, too. What do you think?
Marci: I think we should get started!

Grim (checks notes on tablet): Hmm, I see. Valentina Hastings, writer at Walrus Books. Active, Glutton, Evil.
Moves into the Mori house after Nao's young adult birthday at around 5 p.m. today, then dies of old age three hours later at 8 o’clock.

I gotta say this for the new third-generation heir: Naoki Mori sure knows how to pick ‘em! A real chip off the old block, he is! Nami must be proud!
And seriously? He's already moved in a Secondary Spouse? What a boy scout!

Watchette: This is not at all how I’d thought this chapter would close, but Valentina rushes off to death much sooner than anyone anticipated.
Valentina lies dying while Nao and Marci are downstairs “getting started.” 
Rest in peace, Valentina. We never even really got the chance to resent you.

An old life moves on. A new life emerges. This is the nature of things.

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
Re: The Mori Legacy: A Hard Reign's Gonna Fall (new 08/30)
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2016, 10:39:46 AM »
Ha! Never even got the chance to resent her! That had me quote literally laughing out loud. Congrats on being named heir, Nao!
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2016, 10:40:32 AM »
Wow, 3 hours, that's got to be a record for the shortest marriage in the Simiverse!  And how useful that she won't be around to mess things up by stuffing her face full of birthday/wedding cake, kicking over dolls houses or stealing candy from the kids.

Hana, really, you don't want Nao to commit sororicide.  Buck up your ideas girl.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2016, 12:09:35 PM »
Yay! Nao and Marci together at last! Hats off to Valentina. Whatever her shortcomings may have been, she's got timing!

Yay for Kaoru continuing to insist on wearing his Dancer outfit to parties!

This chapter is just full of yay! I'm also very happy about the faces Sora makes while telling stories to himself, and the fact that Nami and Zach are still so sweet with each other. Great chapter!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2016, 07:51:35 PM »
10/10 Valentina. I give you a 10/10, would make primary spouse again.
She moved in, provided her traits and died without a fuss... What a real gem. ;)

Yay for Marci! Boo for awkward conversations with Valentina prior to her death... Hehe.
All in all, I think you're off to a fantastic start! Good luck with those ten children...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2016, 05:52:44 PM »
@Narinn2045  When the elderly Valentina was chosen as Primary Spouse, I'd imagined that we could all gripe about how long she's taking to die. Little did we know, lol.

@HelenP         Haha, sounds like you have a bit of experience with Evil sims and Glutton sims. I've actually never played an Evil sim, only a Mean sim.
                     I'm not sure why Hana turned out to be such a stalker.

@FrancescaFiori   Thank you for being such a faithful reader! The family was planning an "Homage to Eduardo" event but we're not sure that would be disrespectful, lol.

@LivvieLove    I know, right? I was not looking forward to dealing with an Evil, Glutton and she moved in with the whim to "Declare an Enemy"! Turned out I didn't have to, hehe.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2016, 06:03:31 PM »
I made an evil founder for a legacy once, didn't play it much but tried out some of the specific interactions.  Steal Candy was one I remember, plus getting into lots of fights.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: The NooBoomers
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2016, 06:09:48 PM »
3.23 The Mori Legacy: The NooBoomers

Week 13/Sunday

Grim: Since this is the Mori residence, when I first get the summons to reap Valentina Hastings here, I suspect foul play.
It’s curious how some sims become so famous, notorious even, while others only bask in the spotlight for the span of a few hours.
Anyway, Nao is just plain lucky! With Valentina’s Active trait, she might have lingered on for weeks!

Grim: What? The leftover party drinks are in the fridge, you say? Don’t mind if I do.
I see you tore down a room to expand the kitchen/dining area. And I love the new bar with matching counters, too!

Nao: I really had no idea how close to death Valentina had been!
If Marci and I had known, our wooho’ing downstairs might be seen as disrespectful.
As it were, when we last saw Valentina, she was in the dining area, picking fights with Nio and Zach.
And now that Valentina’s gone, Marci looks like she’s not feeling too well. Could it be?

Marci: To avoid the four-day waddle, I take a pregnancy test. Yes, I’m eating for two!
W: Hi, Marci. I’m this legacy’s Watcher. Has Nao ever spoken to you about me?
Marci: Yes, since grade school. It’s nice to finally meet you and become a watched sim like my mom was.

W: So, Marci, I’d like to help you and Nao complete this ten-children milestone as quickly and easily as possible.
Since I’m still so shocked about Valentina, I thoughtlessly had you take a pregnancy test.
Adoption is only allowed when there’s no other infant in the house, though, so we want an infant stage of two days, not three days.
From now on, no more pregnancy tests until you’re done adopting, okay?

Marci: I’ll remember that for next time, Watchette. And thanks!

Nao: Speaking of adoptions, I dashed off to the adoption agency during Marci's pregnancy test. Meet our first adopted child! A little boy named Arlo.
Marci: We’re planning to do as many adoptions as possible at first, so the final children will be naturally born.
Nao: We’re really hoping for an heir with violet eyes.

Marci: And Nao, I don’t want to start working yet. I need to finish my aspiration to buy Connections!

Monday

Sora: As soon as I’m home from work a little past 1 am, Dad moves out.
He still belongs to the family club, though, so he just popped back over here. Wassup, Uncle Nio?
Nio: I’m drinking a Potion of Youth to return to a Day 1 adult. My elder birthday would’ve been later today, you know.
I’ll be here helping out until Marci gives birth Wednesday night, then I move out to make room for more nooboos. What’s new with you?
Sora: Work is great! And once I make four more excellent drinks here, I’ll complete the Master Mixologist aspiration!

Sora: Now that I’ve switched to the Master Chef aspiration, I need to earn a silver medal for a dinner party.
We only invite a few guests. Still you can witness me in all my glory, manning the new bar counter!
As you can see, the kitchen’s been pushed back to provide room for the bar and more room for partying.

Marci: It’s always great to see Mom. She’s looking wonderful with her green top complementing her red hair.
Nao’s grandfather comes dressed in some weird get-up. I wonder if he thinks that’s becoming for his age?
If you ask me, he looks like he’s trying too hard. *shakes head in disapproval

Sora: Our maid, who usually does nothing but stand around staring into space, leaps into a conscientious frenzy of cleaning.
She swoops in to throw out any new food that I prepare before the guests have a chance to sample it.
When guests stand to get a drink, she instantly puts away their half-eaten servings in the fridge.
Thanks for nothing! Darn, I should have just dismissed her! We earn a gold medal, despite her sabotage!

W: Enough with the glaring and drink your Essence of Energy. Today’s your first day of work!
We got caught up in Sora’s dinner party and you didn’t have a pre-work massage.

Nao: Stop rushing me! And what’s in this drink again?

W: If Sims 4 had a Supernatural EP, I would so make you a vampire!

Sora: Dad lives up the street now with Arisa but he still spends most of his time here.
As for me, I’m almost done with the Master Chef aspiration.

Nao: I come home with a promotion and panic for a moment as I spot Dad with his arm lifted!
Whew! No worries, though, he’s just channeling his inner Travolta.

Tuesday

Marci: Hey, sweetie, I’m glad we came to this gym in Windenberg this morning. Uncle Nio even mentored me a little.
Nao: No offense, honey, but your aspiration is Friend of the World, not Friend of the Family.
You need to go circulate and introduce yourself and make friends! You’re Outgoing, you’ll finish your aspiration soon!
Marci: Okay, okay. Let's visit a few more spots, then.

Nao: Realizing that both Sora and I are  off today, we rush home from the South Square Café to plan a wedding.
Marci: Yes, our wedding! Let’s have an outdoor wedding!
W: Let’s try something new this time. Except for Sora, I’m locking everyone out of the house, the family, too!
This has to be one of the simplest weddings ever planned; it's so Gen1, you know?
And why Sora? He needs to complete his “Cook 3 gourmet meals during a social event” milestone.

Marci: Watchette, where were you when Nao and I got married? You missed the shot of our wedding kiss under the confetti! *pouts
W: Sorry, I noticed that Sora was eating in the kitchen instead of cooking, so I had to remedy that.
Though you’re not under the wedding arch, here’s another kissy shot of the bride and groom.
Mama Nami looks very happy, indeed!

Nao: And we earn another gold medal. Everyone seems to be having a great time.
And thanks, Grandpa Kaoru, for not showing up in your stripper outfit. *rolls eyes
Marci: Oh, is that what that outfit is?
Nao: Uh no, Marci. You must have misheard me. Grandpa likes to dress like a dancer.

Nio: Nami and Zach still got dat sizzle! I’m glad she found her true love after all.
Speaking of true love, I’ll be moving out tomorrow afternoon, finally!
Nami: I really hate to see you go, Nio, but Nao and Marci need room for more nooboos.
Nio: Don’t talk like that, sis! You know I’ll be right down the street with Lyric. Just invite me over or keep me in a club!

Marci: Our first son and adoptee, Arlo, aged up to a child today after a two-day infancy. He’s a Whiz Kid who loves the Outdoors.

Nao: While Unclo Nio and Mom mentor Arlo and Marci playing chess, I’m off to the adoption agency once more.
Meet our first daughter and second child, Blysse. I wonder if she’ll also age up in two days on Thursday…

Wednesday

Nao: My siblings and I were so blessed, growing up surrounded by such multi-talented mentors!
Although Sora and I have tried our best to learn various skills, Marci came almost completely unskilled.
Each adopted child will be helped to complete one aspiration, after which they’ll be on their own.
The naturally born kids may receive more mentoring, depending on their traits and aspirations.
It can’t be helped, but the fourth generation will not be as fortunate as the third.

Sora: Mom, I hear you painted an amazing portrait of Marci this afternoon.
Nami: I hung it downstairs with the others. Let’s go look at them together, Sora!
Sora: Where are the portraits of Nehemiah Asher and Valentina Hastings? Don’t they need to be memorialized, too?
Nio: No worries, Sora. I wrote a biography of each of them, actually: Go Fish! The Life of Nehemiah Asher and Valentina Who?.
The household isn’t required to build a legacy museum, so this is simply a portrait gallery.

Marci: In a show of wishful optimism, Watchette moves Nio out in the late afternoon and places two bassinets side by side.
Yes, I realize it’s an odd place to put bassinets but this here's a very central location for the whole family.
I go into labor around 10 pm, just as expected.

Nao: Good thing Uncle Nio moved out earlier!
Marci: I’m so very pleased to introduce our twin sons, Carlos (in my arms), who was born first.
Nao: And Donato (in my arms), who was born second.
Nami: We now have a full house with four adults, one child, and three infants!

Marci: We initially considered rushing ahead one day so you could see our second child, Blysse, aged up to a child.
Nami: Instead, we leave you an image of the inimitable Sora, flaunting some bar flair!

According to the legacy rules, household members can only be moved out after their teen birthday.
At that point, I will move out the adopted children and adopt two more, though only naturally born children are eligible to become heirs.
Moving out Nami and/or Sora (once he completes the Mixologist career) is also an option if either Carlos or Donato can be quickly groomed to take their place.
Anything can happen at this point.

As always, thank you for reading this silly, plot-less story!

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
Re: The Mori Legacy: The NooBoomers (new 08/31)
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2016, 07:08:46 PM »
Oh boy, with all those nooboos, your sims are going to have quite the challenge in store this generation! Nevertheless, they seem to be handling so far, thank the stars! Once the older kids grow a bit more, they should be able to help with the various assortment of younger kids.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2016, 07:44:59 PM »
Disrespectful? I'm sure if you asked Eduardo, he'd say the only disrespectful thing is that no one has thrown an event in his honor up to this point! ;)
I'm very excited for all of the nooboos, although I'm sure I'm going to lose track of who is who!
Nao the vampire is so sultry! Get on that supernatural stuff, EA! Nao is way ahead of you!
Zach's disco pose would have given me a heart attack! Way too close to the death salute.
I think you have discovered the secret to a perfect event:  locking everyone out of the house!
Another wonderful chapter. No plot needed! Your wit and dashing characters are both more than compelling enough to keep me reading.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2016, 08:13:53 PM »
Woo boy! Good luck with your ten babies (well, ten over time). XD
I can't say I would even begin to know how to tackle having ten children in such a busy household...
Anyways, congratulations to Nao and Marci on their wedding and four children! What a way to jump-start a family, right?
I'll miss the family members who are leaving us, but it'll be exciting to see all the new children.

You know who we didn't see much of this chapter? She-who-must-not-be-named.
Hana. XD
I was half-expecting her to test your death by starvation by this chapter...

anything