Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132051 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: The 10th Child & Gen4 Heir Vote (new 09/09)
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2016, 07:14:19 PM »
Oh, gosh. I'm so torn. I'm very fond of Donato, and he's got those bedroom eyes, you know? But Banana has a lot of potential, and she's got Marci's red hair, which I like a lot.

Okay, I vote Donato, but humbly suggest that you keep Banana around as a cadet, depending on how cute of a teen she is. ;)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2016, 09:55:35 PM »
I'm favoring Banana, but willing to go with whoever you prefer except little miss Mean and Hates Children who needs to go away and menace the rest of the sim world.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: September 30, 2016, 04:41:04 PM »
Hmmmm, choices, choices.  I think it's a race between Donato and Banana with Banana having a slight edge for cuteness, red hair and good traits.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2016, 01:05:07 PM »
I'm gonna vote Banana, because I love her and want to see more of her.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2016, 09:08:42 PM »
@dontmindme @Caterina @HelenP @LivvieLove @FrancescaFiori @KRae @Joria @Luna264

Thank you, friends, for your thoughts on the fourth-generation heir. Your feedback is deeply appreciated! m(_ _)m  <-- That is not :headdesk! I am offering a deep bow of gratitude!
Banana, it will be, with Donato as Cadet.

I think I've recovered from the baby bonanza burn-out and have started working on the next update. See you soon!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2016, 12:32:29 PM »
WhooHoo, I was going to vote for Banana too ;-) and not just because I'm a Dreamweaver fangirl...
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2016, 03:13:28 PM »
@Magpie2012

Thank you for your feedback, lovely Magpie!
Pam's Dreamweaver Dynasty had an heir named Banana?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, one of her Dreamweaver tales did. Can't remember offhand which one it was though

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: A Napkin Memento
« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2016, 04:04:31 AM »
3.30 The Mori Legacy: A Napkin Memento

When we last visited the Mori household, Naoki Mori—the third-generation heir—and his secondary spouse Marci Primley had just completed the “have/adopt ten children” milestone.
This past Friday, they moved out Fabio who was the fifth and final adopted child.
The very next day, Marci gave birth to their fifth naturally-born child (named Chiyo) on Saturday.

Amidst the ten-children madness, the twins Carlos and Donato were the third and fourth children, respectively. They’re now young adults in the Athlete career.
All girls, the last three children were naturally born—Aoi, Banana, and Chiyo.
So, here we go again!

Week 17/Saturday

Carlos: I got a promotion at work and branched to the Pro Athlete career today.
Everyone’s at home and I’m working on my daily task when Grandma Nami phones.
Apparently, there’s a rad party going down at the night club so I grab Donato to join her.
Donato: Uh…where the heck's the party?

Nami: That’s what I’d like to know!!! Let’s dance a bit and wait for the party to get started.
Carlos: Hey, Grandma Nami, I just noticed that your hair’s turned grey. So, you’re an elder now?
Nami: Yup. Not to change the subject, dear Carlos, but check out the bar.
Saturday night should be Singles’ Night, but it sure looks like Ghosts’ Night to me!

Donato: We visit the South Square Café but that place is empty, too.
I phone Dad, Uncle Brennan (Great-Grandpa Kaoru’s son with Elsa Bjergsen), and Grandpa Zach.
We all hit Narwahl Arms, which is also dead. Hey! Nice to see you, Uncle Brennan, Grandpa Zach!
Can you believe it? We’re the only action left in town! Let’s do a group dance then go home, people. *sighs

Week 18/Sunday

Donato: I leave for work on Sunday morning at the unholy hour of 7 a.m.!
Though I gained the Lazy trait as a young adult, I maxed fitness as a teen and now just have to mentor others, so my laziness isn’t an issue.
W: What’s that heavy belt for, Donato? I’ve always wondered why guys who lift weights wear those.
D: Dunno. I actually googled the keywords “weight lifting belt.” Seems they have their pros and cons.
W: Wut? You’ve never used a weight lifting belt before?
D: Nah, it’s just part of my work outfit. However, all the ladies be ‘miring me cuz the belt accentuates my V-taper.
W: Shame on you, Donato! Were you reading over my shoulder while I checked out that website on gym slang?
D: *smirks

Donato: My daily task of mentoring fitness is a bit difficult now.
Currently, I can’t leave home and mentor fitness at the gym because Carlos would lose his mood boosts at work.
So, I add Fabio and Arlo to the legacy club, lure them to the home gym, then suggest that they work out.
It’s such a time-consuming process!
Tonight we remove them both from the club. Aoi becomes a teen tomorrow so I’ll mentor her instead.

Monday

Aoi: I get the “celebrate birthday” message soon after Banana leaves for school.
W: Sorry, kiddo, but you and your nine siblings have completely worn out the novelty of birthdays.
Aoi: Hmmph, you could have at least summoned the family members who were at home!

Marci: Adding to her Creative trait, Aoi gains the Clumsy trait and the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration.
Aoi: Mom, I really need a makeover! I have the Outdoor Retreat camper outfit with J Huntington the Third’s hair!!!!
W: Sorry, Aoi! No can do until Donato comes home from work!

Aoi: It’s your fault we got scolded by Watchette, Mom!
Marci: Yeah, I thought she’d leave after telling me to help you with your homework. That’s why I offered you a deep tissue massage.
Aoi: But she noticed us leaving the room together and checked your queue.
You ruined my first high school homework session and now Watchette likes me even less!
Marci: Pfffft.
W: Some Watchers find something to love in every watched sim. Not me. I find some sims VERY hard to like.

By the way, is it just me or does Aoi look like a woodpecker to anyone else?

Nao: It’s been over 24 hours since we removed Arlo and Fabio from the legacy club.
Last night, when we ended the club gathering then restarted it, Fabio went home right away but Arlo stayed.
He smells, he snoozes at the chess table, he doesn’t offer an “Ask to leave” social.
Donato: I need to go to the gym for mentoring. Let’s take him along then leave him at the gym…
Great minds…

Nao: Donato invites along a former high school friend to the gym. The teen Athena McDaniel is a slob perfectionist.
She’s very attractive, but is my son really that desperate to get married and have children? A slob, really?
W: Well, Banana won’t be a teen for 6 more days---that’s 19 more days until she’s a young adult.
What are we going to do for fun until then?

Tuesday

Marci: After Banana and Aoi leave for school, Carlos and I compete to change Chiyo’s diaper when she suddenly ages up.
She is an Outgoing Whiz Kid. As you may remember, Chiyo later gains the Mean and Hates Children traits.
Carlos: I overheard Watchette muttering that Chiyo would be moved out as soon as possible.

Nao: When I check my relationship panel, I notice an attractive young adult who I don’t recall ever meeting.
Thinking she might be a nice match for Donato, I invite her over and am surprised that I also need to introduce myself.
Donato: Mystery solved! She’s the hostess at the Urban Garden restaurant we visited last month.
She’s a Perfectionist Goofball who’s lazy, like me! What do you think, Watchette?
What’s with all the redheads lately? She’s pretty, has acceptable traits, and she wouldn’t need a job.
See how it goes, Donato. Find out if you two might be compatible. But if she moves in, I’m changing her hair color!

W: Donato, you dawg! Did you ask to see her swimwear?
Donato: Um, yeah. She’s quite adorable, even in the swim trunks. I say we have a winner! I’m waiting now to ask her to move in.
W: Waiting, why?
Donato: Duh, if I ask her to move in during Carlos’ work shift, he might be forced to leave work early.
He’s really close to his Level 7 promotion---he would absolutely kill me!

W: Well, the good news is that Carlos finishes work in just five more min….what!?
Donato: I think Stevie and I are highly compatible! Like, a 10/10 on the sizzle rating.  *steam rises
W: Awww, too bad! With her unique traits, Stevie would have made the perfect Primary Spouse if you'd been voted heir!

Donato: Aoi needs to view paintings at the art museum for her aspiration, so Stevie and I tag along.
Stevie: Wow, I’d never imagined myself with lavender hair before, but I like it!

Nao: Working on your daily task, Carlos?
Carlos: Yeah, I’m studying opponents.
N: Have you seen Aoi since she came back from the art museum? I can’t seem to find her.
C: Watchette moved out Aoi and Chiyo to live in Willow Creek with their sister Blysse and auntie Hana Mori.
N: I see. There really isn't space for those two, though, with Stevie joining us. But you know, that's the only household left in Willow Creek!

Wednesday

Stevie: Donato comes home from work with very low Fun. I guess I could just read his Book of Life.
My fun is low, too, though, so we could both appreciate some entertainment.
Donato: We actually “entertained” each other several times until we could no longer Try for Baby.

Donato: We are bringing a new life into the world together. Seems like the perfect moment to propose!
W: No, no, no! Not in your sleepwear! You’re supposed to both change first, before the proposal. Oh well.

Donato: I know this is really sudden, but I want to be sure you understand how I feel about you.
I’d been thinking that I would stay single and just support Banana—I just didn’t meet anyone who I could love.
The day I met you, though, I knew that I was born to be yours. Like being struck by lightning.

Stevie: You don’t remember me, Donato, but I seated your family when you visited the Urban Garden restaurant last month.
Since then, I haven’t been able to get you out of mind. You and Carlos were still in high school then, but I just couldn’t forget you.

Stevie: I even nicked your napkin as a keepsake that day and took it home. Okay, that sounds a little creepy. I can’t believe I just shared that with you!
Donato: Stevie, I never knew! I adore that you’ve been mooning over my napkin all this time.
Stevie: I can’t believe you’re asking me to marry you. Yes, of course, you darling man, you!

Thursday

Banana: Hiya! It’s me, the future fourth-generation heir, Banana Mori!
As I swagger off to grade school in a very confident mood, I think about the upcoming household birthdays.
Dad becomes an adult tomorrow and I become a teenager on Sunday! Just three more days!
I become an auntie on the same day, because Stevie will give birth on Sunday, too!

And by the way, you’ll see more of me after my teen birthday.
All the kids I knew are teens already so I have no one to play with. I’ve just been working on skills. Boring.

Banana: I’m not trying to complete my fourth aspiration, Social Butterfly.
Instead, I maxed Social and have been leveling up Charisma.
But after school, I see Grandpa Zach across the street and want to introduce myself.
Uncle Sora became an elder yesterday, but Grandpa Zach has led an amazingly long life.
I hear that Great-Grandpa Kaoru and Grandpa Zach, who both drank potions of youth, were about the same age.

Do you think Grandpa Zach might be one of those vampire immortals?

W: So it’s mid-winter in our second year and we've had the green house for about a year now.
It’s filled with ancient fruit plants watered by iridium sprinklers and with kegs for making ancient fruit wine.

Nao: Uh, Watchette, isn’t that your Stardew Valley farm?
W: Oh yeah, right. I thought the seasonal reference seemed out of place…

Stevie: *shares the big news    Donato, honey, I got the Eating for Two notice around 8:30 tonight. It’s official!

Donato: And so we leave you, dear readers, with an adorable shot of my lovely fiancée Stevie and her first-trimester baby bump!

Thank you for coming back to this silly story!
Tonight, I really wanted to keep powering ahead until Banana’s teen birthday, but it’s just too many days away still.
Next time, I promise!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: A Napkin Memento (New 10/02)
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2016, 11:12:55 AM »
Lol! I love the Stardew Valley interlude! I will try not to waste too much comment space mooning over your amazing iridium sprinklers! That greenhouse is a thing of beauty and I am seriously jealous!
*ahem*
Also awe-inspiring is Donato's v-taper. ;) Excellent work there!
So glad to see he's found happiness with Stevie. She's adorable.
Very happy you've come back from your (well-deserved) break. I can't wait to see what Banana looks like as a teenager!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: The Hot Banana
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2016, 09:14:26 PM »
3.31 The Mori Legacy: The Hot Banana

Week 18/Friday

Nao: In the early morning, Marci and I can’t sleep so we decide to work on the Soulmate aspiration together.
Marci: Do you think this household will ever actually earn the 285+ more gold-medal events needed?
Nao: Let’s not think about that and just enjoy our dates, okay?

Carlos: After I give Donato an aromatherapy massage for work, Donato scandalizes the neighborhood by meditating in the buff.
W: I see now why simmers like to use the “Smaller Censor Mosaic” mod.
I really wanted to show you Donato’s yoga mudras, but that darn mosaic is too large!

Stevie: I hate to say this about my mother-in-law, but Marci is such an easel hog!
That’s why I have to set up all four easels with unfinished paintings before I start.
In the minute while I was boosting my Inspired mood, however, Marci rushed over and began painting!
W: Well, sadly, the bugs don’t need spraying right now, but I did send Marci off fishing.

Nao: Because we’re getting tired of the birthday parties and toasts, we decide to throw a dinner party for my birthday instead.
I blow out the candles on my cake before the guests arrive.
For some reason, the whole family decides not to change into their party wear except Stevie and me. Hmmph!
Happy birthday, me!

Nami: Zach was so happy to meet you yesterday afternoon, young lady!
Banana: Grandma Nami, I’m so sorry what I said yesterday about Grandpa Zach maybe being a vampire immortal!
When I woke up this morning, I learned that Grandpa Zach passed away late last night! I feel so bad!
Nami: Don’t feel sad, Banana. When Zach came home yesterday, he said you’d run across the street to introduce yourself.
He was so glad that you two got to spend a little time together!
Banana: *sniffle, sniffle

Carlos: Lucky for me, the party ends when I need to leave for work!
Donato comes home just now with his Level 8 promotion. I intend to do the same tonight!

Stevie: Uh, Marci!? We also just had that scrumptious prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and you’re chasing it with cereal?
You know, I’m the one who should be having odd food cravings, not you!

Nao: Thanks for coming to celebrate my birthday, Mom. I’m so sorry to hear about Dad.
Nami: He said he’d enjoyed his life and only wished he’d spent more time with Carlos, Donato, and Banana.

Nao: I’m so sorry! Our household was so hectic with all the kids, Mom. How are you doing?
I still remember after Dad moved out but you still lived here, you used to go gaze at that photo upstairs whenever you missed Dad too much.

Nami: After everything I did for the legacy, I was so lucky to eventually find true love with Zach.
Zach was never a man of many words, but oh! What passion he concealed behind that quiet demeanor!

Donato: Isn’t Jaxon a little old for you, Banana?
Banana: Very funny, Donato. He’s a really nice person, but he’ll probably be a ghost by the time I’m a young adult.
In fact, he’s my second adult friend for Social Butterfly.
I need only two more child-age friends to finish the aspiration but, sadly, I don’t know any children.

Donato: I’m not sure why you can use the weightlifting machine during your second trimester, sweetheart.
But as soon as Carlos gets his promotion, we’ll stop here and I’ll go finish mentoring at the gym, okay?

Nao: At the gym in Oasis Springs, I run around meeting everyone to scout for prospective spouses.
Donato: Meanwhile, I mentor Arlo and Aoi, then end by mentoring my great-uncle, Brennan Bjergsen.
I really like him! If he’s Grandma Nami’s half-brother, is he too closely related to Banana for marriage?

Saturday

Stevie: How did work go today, sweetness?
Donato: Not bad, Stevie. I’ll be done with the Bodybuilder career by the middle of next week.
What did you do all morning?
Stevie: Not much. I painted, ate carrots, and listened to alternative music. Although I’m wondering if I should be trying for a girl instead.
I’m nearing the end of my second trimester now. Do you want to feel the baby?

Week 19/Sunday

Carlos: Around 1 am, I check my phone to see if I can negotiate a bonus for work and notice a new “Call Jasmine Holiday” option.
She gets my call then shows up right away, gives us a Sugar Skull Display Case, then offers vague instructions.
Nao: Thanks to my mother Nami’s reign of death, we have an ample supply of tombstones.
We place six tombstones on the lawn, one for each member of our household.

Donato: All six of us make sugar skull offerings, but only Mom’s “gesture of respect is appreciated” and results in the appearance of two Day of the Dead celebrants.
At the time, we don’t’ realize that not all offerings succeed.
Since Dad and I are the first to make offerings, we are also the first to go meet the two celebrants who appear.
Even before we become friends, the celebrant readily gives me a sugar skull when I ask.

Nao: I’m not so lucky. When I first ask, the celebrant replies, “Why would I celebrate the Day of the Dead with a stranger or an enemy?”
Considering I chatted her up into being my friend, that’s an odd thing to say!
After seven or eight more friendly overtures, though, I finally receive a sugar skull, too.

Marci: Good work, boys. Considering it’s our first night, we’re making good progress on our collection!
Our next step is to figure out the criteria for a successful offering!
Nao: I later ran into Donato’s celebrant and received a sugar skull from her, but it was the same type that Donato had received.
Marci: Okay, that’s good to know!

Nao: We get Banana’s “celebrate birthday” message in the middle of the night.
We wait until a decent hour to throw a dinner party for her teen birthday and she cakes up before the guests arrive.
Banana: Oh no, why am I even dressed like this? Quick, Watchette, get me to a dresser!
Carlos: Sorry, sis, but Donato’s at work. However, Donato’s work ends at 2 pm and mine starts at 3 pm.
If you’re diligent, you can sneak in a makeover between both of our jobs!
Banana: *sighs in mortification

Banana: The ‘rents are thinking that Santiago Leyvas might be a good match for me.
He recently became a young adult so he’s roughly two sim-weeks older than me.
But he has unique traits: Gloomy, Insider, Lazy. Good for the legacy, but bad for me. *shrugs

Banana: I also meet the very adorable Brennan Bjergsen. Apparently, he’s Grandma Nami’s half-brother so distantly related enough to marry me.
But, one, he’s already an adult. And, two, two of his traits aren’t unique.
Nao: What about if he moves in as my secondary spouse to pollinate the simverse during Banana’s teen years?
Banana: Ewwww, ears!!! Don’t talk about stuff like that around me, Dad. I just became a teen a few hours ago, remember?

Nao: What to do, what to do. He’s Squeamish and Materialistic but his third trait’s insane. *sighs
Well, Brennan won't be moving in and he's definitely out as prospective Secondary Spouse for Banana. She deserves so much more!

Banana: It’s 2:30 pm and Donato still won’t leave work so I go ahead and plan my outfits anyway.
W: Wow, Banana! You look amazing!
B: Yeah, thanks for breaking out all the cc, Watchette. I know you’ve been trying to not use it so much.

W: I say we forget about the Gloomy, Insider, Lazy Santiago. I think you should be meeting a certain hawtie from the Gallery…
Or, let’s see, you could move in Santiago as the Primary Spouse and then….

Banana: Can we go back to the start of this convo when you were saying how awesome I look?
Thirteen more days, Banana, and you become the fourth-generation heir of this Mori Legacy. Do you feel ready?

Stevie: Later that night, I give birth to a little boy.
Donato: We name him Paolo, after my paternal grandfather, Paolo Rocca.

Nao: Behind them, I’m chatting with another Day of the Dead celebrant.
I’m not sure what Donato has that I don’t have. I become friends quite quickly, but still get refused the first time I ask for a sugar skull.

Nao: Donato got a skull without becoming friends with the celebrant.
This celebrant only agrees to give me a skull after we become good friends.
Thanks for our third skull, Scarlett!

Nao: *rushes off to place his new acquisition in the Sugar Skull Display Case
(dejectedly) Gosh darn it, we already have a skull like this!

Watchette's Notes

I was so worried when Banana first aged up in those horrible clothes with the unflattering hair and glasses.
With new hair, different clothes, and a little makeup, however, Banana is a total knock-out!

Thanks for reading!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: The Hot Banana (new 10/04)
« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2016, 09:34:02 AM »
I love the celebrants and sugar skulls. I'll be in Mexico for Halloween, All Saints, and All Souls (Day of the Dead) this year. They celebrate wonderfully.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #207 on: October 05, 2016, 01:56:44 PM »
Wow! Banana is a looker! And I love that hair!

Loved the walk down memory lane with Zach and Nami. Such a great couple, and so steamy!

You are doing all the work of testing out the Day of the Dead challenge for me. I haven't been able to tear myself away from Stardew Valley. I'm definitely planning to participate later this month, though, so I'm grateful for the preview. How strange that some celebrants will give out skulls right away and some make you really work for it.

Oh, and I am a big fan of the smaller mosaic mod. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: October 05, 2016, 06:07:32 PM »
What is this Day of the Dead stuff?  I'm totally out of the loop.  Banana REALLY needed that make over!  Nice to name the new baby Paolo.  Still loving this story.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #209 on: October 05, 2016, 07:32:01 PM »
@KRae
Oooh, lucky you! I guess it's too much to ask for Dia de la Muerta parade in Sims 4, lol. Thanks for stopping by!

@FrancescaFiori
Banana turned out really fiiiine. I'm really happy about that. Now I'm feeling fussy about her spouse, hehe.
Yeah, Nami and Zach were such an attractive couple in their time! But I couldn't believe how long Zach lived on!
As for Stardew Valley (to be discreet, lol), I started a new game using the Hilltop Farm yesterday. Have you tried the Easier Fishing mod? I guess I should PM about this stuff, lol.
I was surprised by your comment about the celebrants varying in their willingness to give up their skulls--I'd completely chalked it up to Donato's charm. No, I'm not biased about Donato!

@Joria
Thank you for reading! The Day of the Dead is a new month-long challenge similar to the Easter Egg hunt, except that we collect sugar skulls. Let me give you a link, it's faster.
https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-day-dead-challenge

The challenge went live yesterday and I remembered only by chance because one of my sims had the Chat with Someone whim. Good luck!
And oh yeah, Banana's initial getup was incredibly awful!