Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132035 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Rock n' Roll n' Rukia (12/19)
« Reply #450 on: December 19, 2016, 12:56:18 PM »
Wow! Negative 88 hours of reading to a child! That would take a long time to build back up. What a crazy glitch.

Both girls are so cute, and Miku's hair is to die for! I'm excited to see Rukia age up. It's hard to believe any generation can be as cute as the trio of Jin, Yuta, and Conan, but the girls are really giving them a run for their money. So far I'm favoring Hinata because she seems like she might have Ze's pouty lips, but Miku has a lot of personality, so I like her, too.

Watchette is so funny, grieving her favorite sims aging up to adult. Personally, I'm too distracted by Jin in his James Bond suit. Very nice! Yuki is a lucky lady.

Silliness, ridiculousness, and hawt genes. Sounds like a perfect legacy to me!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #451 on: December 19, 2016, 05:16:25 PM »
Yes, Rukia, right.  We got it.  Love the turquoise!  I think you did really well with it, but so far number one daughter is my fav.  Too many glitches!  You must be on tenterhooks waiting for it to all finish well.  Good luck.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #452 on: December 19, 2016, 10:21:02 PM »
Still Team Hinata!
It's finals time as in I'm the teacher giving the finals.  I get to do lots and lots of grading.  So much fun.  My Sims are being so neglected right now...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Geek Girlz, Unite!
« Reply #453 on: December 20, 2016, 01:55:47 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
Yes, -88 hours of reading to a child. I had to read 90 hours total to complete that goal, lol. Joking.
I’ve been playing too obsessively lately out a desire to see what the girls look like (I’m not disappointed).
And now I must resist speed-playing to find out what they look like as teens, hehe.

@Joria
I also favor Hinata. When you see the collages this chapter, you’ll see why. I sometimes feel like a glitch magnet, lol. But yes, if only I can just get to the birth of Gen10, nice and easy, nothing fancy…

@PeregrineTook
Oh, how embarrassing. The right question to ask you is not “What’s your major?” but “What subject do you profess?”  Happy grading—the upside is that you’ll soon be enjoying your winter break!
Hinata bats her eyelashes and thanks you for your support.

7.71  The Mori Legacy: Geek Girlz, Unite!

Week 36/Tuesday

Miku: It’s 8:36 am and I am leaving for school, fashionably late.
I’ve done all I can for Whiz Kid, except earn an A, so I’ve been leveling Motor on the ‘puter behind the house.

Conan: I only work on Friday through Sunday this week, so I’m trying to make new friends.
By this time, I’ve earned three types of “Collect donations” socials for $25, $100, and $250 each.

I’ve already collected the $1500 in donations that the Level 8 promotion requires.
But my “donations collected” total accumulates, so I continue asking for donations.
Thankfully, I can meet a few sims around our hood, since I can’t leave our lot until school’s out.
If only I had a way to see how much I’ve collected so far.

Conan: I’ve been making a special effort to befriend young adult and adult sims.
My donors need to stay alive, amirite? At least until I’ve maxed my career, anyway.

Initially, I wasn’t too jazzed about this career—it’s a tad repetitious.
Also, I don’t really like the idea of politics and dislike asking for donations or for votes.
But who knows? Maybe I’ll meet that special someone while I’m out and about. Uh no, not her.

Conan: Three hours later, I find Erika Ikeda at the house so I do all three Collect socials for another $375.
Yes, that’s right. After a cooldown period, I can ask the same sim for donations again.
I wonder how much I’ll need in donations for my L10 promotion? *checks Carl’s guide
At Level 8, I’ll get a new Collection donation ($1,000) social.
I’ll need it because Levels 9 and 10 require $5,000 and $20,000 in donations, respectively.

Miku: Thanks for helping me with homework and extra credit, Grandpa, but I’m taking forever to finish Whiz Kid!
Today, I brought home a B grade after two days of school. Tomorrow morning, I want the works!
Lavender aromatherapy massage with incense, Citrus Soak with incense, and a Focused essence.
It’s time me and Whiz Kid parted ways, you know what I mean?

Miku: I can’t even start Rambunctious Scamp yet, but I’m already L6 Motor.
I practice typing until L4, then Keyboard Commander becomes available so I switch to playing that game.
Hey Hinata, I’m pretty sure I’ve already beat your high score for that game…
Hinata: Uh huh, dream on, little sis. Your lowly eyes are gazing upon the Keyboard Commander Queen!

Jin: Since I’m off today, I suggest we all visit the Luxe Health Club in Newcrest.
I hope the sight of the Grim Reaper doing push-ups in front doesn’t forebode misfortune.

Jin: It seems that a yoga class gives the Wellness skill a faster boost, so I take my first class with Yuki and Conan.
Yuki has zero Wellness, so she’ll probably feel sore later.
Conan: Do you recognize our yoga instructor, Audrina Bateman? She’s our Great-Uncle Ranma’s oldest daughter.

Hinata: Because Miku and I have both maxed our Mental skill already, we can start to level Fishing.
Miku: Except I came home from school in a Playful mood today, so I’m having trouble focusing.

Grim Reaper: Though I don’t miss all the overtime your family’s caused me over the years, I applaud you for achieving all 12 types of death.
Tami: You need to talk to my son, Jin. Completing Party Animal was my main feat as the Gen6 Heir.
Jin, the Gen7 Heir, orchestrated the death by pufferfish with the help of his brother, Conan.

Wednesday

Rukia: I age up around 4 pm, becoming a Geek and a Social Butterfly.
Miku: Since I completed Whiz Kid today (yep, I earned an A in one day), I switch to Social Butterfly.
Rukia’s a Social Butterfly, so we can collaborate for the aspiration’s friend-making goals.
Miku: It’s pretty handy that Uncle Conan is socializing with his many donors.
Introducing ourselves to five sims is a walk in the park!

Rukia: I don’t age up with any Good Friends, I chat with Grandma until she agrees to be my BFF.
Tami: Poor thing! Rukia doesn’t want to show you her face until she can plan outfits.

Rukia: Once Dad comes home from work, I get a makeover at last.
Yuki: Here’s a collage of all three girls together, along with portraits of Jin as a child and me as a teen.
From left to right in order of birth: Hinata, Miku, and Rukia.

Jin: This collage might interest you, too. The bottom row shows the girls as you’ll see them in game.
The top row, however, shows them in braids without make-up (that is, no eyelashes nor lip gloss).
W: Some of you have stated a preference for Hinata (which I unabashedly share). Hinata has Jin’s sultry double-lidded eyes and Yuki’s rosebud lips.
Meanwhile, Miku and Rukia—who look almost like twins—have Yuki’s single-lidded eyes and Jin’s lips.

Rukia: After making the collages, Watchette decides to give me violet eyes. You wanna know why?
Because (1) the original Rukia has violet eyes, (2) my hair’s comparatively plain, and (3) CAS lacks rabbit-themed apparel.

Tonight, Miku and I make two adult friends by a little socializing and lots of mentoring.
We invite over Great-Great-Auntie Dulce and Uncle Yuta to mentor us in logic and piano, respectively.
Here, I’m looking up at GGA Dulce while she mentors me.

Miku: When we’re done befriending them, I drink a moodlet solver and start working on my Social skill.  That’s when it happens…

Right in front of the chess table where she’d been mentoring us.
W: And yes, Dulce was another victim of the cc fallout resulting from the Detective career glitch.

Grim Reaper: Ahhh, the lovely Dulce Mori! I almost didn’t recognize her without her blue hair!
She has stayed in remarkable shape for an elder. Ahem, not that I’m checking her out or anything. *coughs

Tami: Oh, it’s you again, Grim. Fancy seeing you again so soon.
GR: To tell you the truth, this is a historical first for me. I’ve never reaped a member of the Mori family in this very house.

Thursday

Miku: I discover something new about Rambunctious Scamp today.
Remember how I practiced typing to L4 Motor while I was still stuck on my first aspiration, Whiz Kid?
Today, when I complete the goal for playing on the space gym while playful, I skip Tier II and go directly to Tier III.
The hours I spent practicing typing counted, even though I didn’t have Rambunctious Scamp selected. Cool, huh?

W: I give up. I can no longer tell anymore what’s a bug and what isn’t.

Rukia: Nobody blink! I want a perfect shot of our leave-taking for my first day of grade school!

Yuki: This afternoon, Ze paints another portrait of me. In his last portrait, I was gigantically pregnant!
W: I wish there were a better way to display these portraits. Yuki’s makes the fourteenth painting.

Tami: Yuki, I must say that your slowness at learning skill never ceases to amaze me.
Yuki: Well, that’s because I never did any childhood aspirations, so I don’t have those “gifted” boosts.
Tami: You’d mentioned that before. But come to think of it, Ze doesn’t have those either and he never skills at a snail’s pace like you.
I wonder if you have a hidden “Slow Learner” trait or something.
Yuki: Oooh, that’s a mean thing to say, mother-in-law!

Rukia: Ayaka Ikeda and I gaze at the stars in front of our house. She’s an Active sim who I’d like to stay friends with.

Rukia: Oh yeah, I’m looking all smug because, thanks to my new friend Asa Crabtree, I just completed Social Butterfly.
Behind me, you can see Papa just came home. He’s also looking smug cuz he’s now a Level 9 Shadow Agent!

Jin: This is me looking wildly ecstatic because I just successfully negotiated a bonus and I only need one more promotion!

Rukia: In the hour before bedtime, I switch to Whiz Kid and play chess with Uncle Yuta.
Meanwhile, Miku still struggles to befriend Ayaka (which surprises me since Miku has the Outgoing trait).
And Hinata, who maxed Logic earlier tonight, plays the violin while Grandpa Ze mentors her.
W: While I presently favor Hinata, I also harbor a soft spot for Rukia. I’m not sure why yet.

Sims who passed away this chapter

Dulce Mori, the sister of Takumi Mori (Gen6 Heir) and the aunt of Tami Mori (Gen7 Heir). Dulce is survived by her four sons and her older brother Ranma.
Rest in peace, Dulce. You were a supportive sister and aunt, a devoted mother, and a frequent donor to Conan’s Speak for the Trees cause.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Geek Girlz, Unite! (12/20)
« Reply #454 on: December 20, 2016, 08:04:47 AM »
Oh my gosh!  Dulce's sultry pose before her death...was she trying to woo Grim?  Of course, it's Dulce, so you know it worked.  Can a Sim have a Grimboo in Sims 4?  Maybe Dulce should have tried that before her untimely demise...?
Team Hinata.  The no make up shots only confirmed what I already knew:  she's awesome!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #455 on: December 20, 2016, 08:15:54 AM »
The girls are beautiful.  I wasn't sure about the green hair-do at first but it has grown on me.  It suits her.  I like the competition and smack talk between the sisters.  Thanks for the collage.  It was great to see the girls without their CC.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #456 on: December 20, 2016, 12:41:20 PM »
Conan should have an option on the computer to "check cause progess" which will tell him how much money he's raised and how many people he's rallied to the cause. I played a politician recently who also spoke for the trees. Go trees!

The girls are so adorable. I'm liking Rukia today. Maybe it's her mysterious namesake or her rabbit outfits, but she's got a little spark that I like. It's hard to compete with Hinata's cute mouth, though, or Miku's hair. I'm on the fence. I will reserve judgment until teen years.

Poor Yuki, getting flack for not skilling fast enough. She sure is pretty, though!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #457 on: December 20, 2016, 10:43:05 PM »
Farewell, Duce, you sexy babe you.  Sad to see her go.  Congratulations to the handsome Jin!  While Hinata is still my favorite, I have to admit Rukia is moving up in my eyes.  Still, I think Hinata is the prettiest.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go
« Reply #458 on: December 22, 2016, 03:19:54 AM »
@PeregrineTook
Dulce’s demise—I have never had a sim look so alluring as they lie dying. She looked as if she were posing for a magazine centerfold. No, no grimboos in Sims 4; in fact, Grim isn’t even open to being romanced. I’ve been trying so hard not to favor Hinata in the screenshots that there are fewer shots of her than of Miku and Rukia.

@Caterina
I normally wouldn’t go for that flamboyant turquoise hairstyle (I do like pastel hair color, but not big hair), but it goes with Miku’s namesake. These three are my last girls born into the legacy house, which makes me rather want to go all out. I’m glad you like the no-makeup collage—Miku’s hair is really overwhelming, lol.

@FrancescaFiori
Oh, you’ve been such a lifesaver on various occasions this year, beginning with your closet tip! Thanks for teaching how Conan could check his cause progress!
About Yuki’s slower skilling, Miku also skills slower than her two sisters and I wonder if there’s a hidden trait or if skilling speed is related to the trait combination. I still remember Naoki Mori (Gen3 Heir) finishing Renaissance Sim in three sim-days but he maxed a couple of adult skills as a child.
But yes, Yuki favorably influenced the Mori genepool with her beauty. When she finishes maxing her L8 skills, she’ll be good mentor, too.
Hehe, don’t be swayed by Miku’s hair—it won’t have any effect on what the Gen9 boys look like and they’re the final generation to grow up in this legacy.

@Joria
Oh Dulce, I can’t believe how you posed like that on your death bed! Joria, I’m glad you’re enjoying the three girls. I am, too.
Last night, I laughed to realize that the Mori house has few places to take nice shots of the sims because the house is so skewed toward skilling and work prep. Next, I naturally thought of you and decided I should make some nice-looking outdoor areas for the family. (only begrudgingly and not sure when….haha)

Note: Yesterday, I first learned from FrancescaFiori that I could jump to a story thread’s latest update by clicking the green “New” after the thread title.
I’ve always clicked the thread title which takes me to the first post and, if available, a chapter list.

I discovered the “green New” method only a little while after having reformatted my Chapter List, which had become excessively long. Initially, the chapter links for each generation appeared beneath the founder or heir’s corresponding image. If you don’t normally use my Chapter List, please check out its snazzy new look here.

7.72  The Mori Legacy: All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go

Week 36/Friday

Hinata: I celebrate my teen birthday next Wednesday, so today’s my last day of grade-school. On second thought, I have 4 vacation days,.
I’m going to stay home today to level my Charisma. Wheeee, five days without school!

Hinata: Before going back into the house, I see Asa Crabtree strolling by. He’s a genius, it seems. I’ve never spoken to him but he’s in our Kidz Club. 
I just wanted to point out the color of his eyes. So vividly green!

Rukia: Speaking of eye color, I’m so glad I have purple eyes like the original Rukia!

Conan: I haven’t worked for four days, so I want to prepare for work carefully this morning.
Yuki: You want a Lotus Blossom aromatherapy massage to boost your Confidence, Conan?
Sure, my pleasure. And you don’t work for another three hours, so we have plenty of time.

Conan: Watchette keeps an eye on Mama and we seem to be right on schedule.
But then, we hear that ominous music…it’s our unforgettable, unremarkable gardener, Whatzhisname.

Tami: I’m just minutes away from finishing up with Conan’s pre-work massage, but never mind that.
Naturally, it’s my moral imperative to abandon Conan and go witness the death of that stranger on our porch.

Conan: When Mama finally returns, it’s too late to restart the massage. So frustrating.
Tami: Instead, Watchette has me "recommend self-esteem exercises” to Conan.
Conan: After drinking my essences and successfully negotiating a bonus (Yay!), I follow the wonderful suggestion of FrancescaFiori to check the progress of my cause.

Nice! At $11,275, I’ve just over halfway to my donations goal for the final promotion ($20,000). Strange...why I only have 1 registered supporter?
W: Is the number of registered supporters for the Politician/Politician career?

Grim Reaper: Hmmm, a second death by old age in two days. I should have just napped in an extra bed here last night.
Yo, Yuta! Why are you bawling your eyes out like that? You don’t even know this sim!

Ze: Nice work, son! You get promoted to Non-Profit Director (L8) and earn a new double-breasted suit.
Conan: Even better, I have a new “Collect Donation ($1000)” social! Is Yuta still visiting? I want to try out my new social, hehe.
Ze: Yep, he’s in the living room with your mother.
Conan: You know, we really need a few new places for taking screenshots. We always end up on the porch!

Saturday

Jin: And now I’ve released my third bestseller novel into the world cuz this is how we roll.
I wrote my three bestsellers in just two days while working full-time, yet the Perfectionist Yuta took almost 2 weeks to write his three bestsellers. I wonder why?

Hinata: Ho hum, I’ve just been telling stories in front of the mirror all morning.
Dad, Uncle Conan, and Grandpa Ze all have today off, so I hope that means we’ll do something fun.
I’d like to enjoy some memorable days out on the town during my childhood…we never go anywyere.  :(

Miku: I’m closer to Uncle Yuta than to anyone else in the family.
That’s because Papa’s been working and writing his novels, while Mama is trying to learn adult skills to teach us.

My sisters and I are all good friends with Uncle Yuta’s daughter, our cousin Lilliana. We should invite her over to play more often or go visit them on the island.

Rukia: My sisters have finished all four aspirations already, but I’m only done with Social Butterfly.
I need to play the violin for 3 more hours for Artistic Prodigy and I need an A for Whiz Kid.
Rambunctious Scamp is one I haven’t even started yet, but how hard can it be? I’m a Geek, remember?

Hey, Watchette! Since I’m named after a Soul Reaper, I want a black freezer bunny on a chain like the Grim Reaper wears. Can you make that happen?
W: You know, I’ve spent hours looking for fitting clothes and accessories for you but came up with nada. What do you say I redecorate a bedroom just for you?

Jin: With Rukia’s birth, our parents gained the Matriarch/Patriarch traits from the Big Happy Family aspiration.
Conan and I need to remember to keep one of them close by whenever we’re skilling, like now.

Hinata: After several hours of hard work this morning, Grandpa Ze takes us to Chompy’s Monsta Ice Cream in Newcrest.
W: Where to take the girls to reward them for all their diligent skilling? After much consideration (should I build my own or not?), I downloaded this lot from the Gallery.
This cute ice cream parlor is designed by Drutrubuilder. I only changed the menu a little and changed the dress code from swimwear to everyday.

Miku: Can you spot Grandpa and me way in the back? This ice cream parlor needs at least one table that seats an eight-sim party!
Today, we can order as a group (I’m shocked that Papa let Hinata order for us), but we don’t get to sit together.
Even so, ice cream is yummy and it’s fun to spend time together as family for a change! Also, not skilling is the best!

Hinata: It’s so much more fun to build Charisma by actually socializing with other sims, you know?

Rukia: Mama, why do you keep standing up then sitting back down again?
Yuki: Well, I got a +1 Uncomfortable moodlet after witnessing the crass PDA of that couple at the next table.
But whenever I stand up to go tell them to stop, Watchette cancels my action!
Tami: Stop being a pill, Yuki. You already stood up to “See what’s happening” 5-6 times before our meal arrived.

YukI: Now that we’re done eating, I think I’ll go reprimand that couple at the next table.
Tami: Give it a rest, Yuki! “That couple” is sitting there with your daughters’ good friend Asa Crabtree. They’re not doing anything inappropriate in front of their son.
Just sit down and stop being so nosy.
W: Annoying unflirty trait! Can't take Yuki anywhere, lol.

Rukia: After Chompy’s Monsta, we spend a few hours playing music at the Casbah Gallery in San Myshuno’s Art Quarters. It's like skilling disguised as a family outing...
Jin: We take advantage of the Casbah Gallery’s Great Acoustics lot trait to mentor the girls in music.
Conan: As for me, I see that Great-Uncle Ranma and Uncle Yuta are also here so I naturally go hit them up for donations.

Tami: When cousin Kenta starts playing on the keyboard (upper right), I realize Great Acoustics doesn’t work for children.
See how Kenta has light bulbs and plus signs swirling around his head, while the girls do not? Oh well.

Rukia: I return home to find a new bedroom with everything that a bunny-loving girl named after a Soul Reaper could desire!
Grim bunny wallpaper, a reaper gnome, bunny wall decals, and even a bunny bookend on the dresser!

Rukia: But that’s not all, my new room has a huge purple bunny, a bagpack with a skull motif, and even a skull throw rug! It’s every girl’s dream!
Jin: Well, not every girl’s dream, Rukia, but we’re very happy that it’s yours.

Week 37/Sunday

Conan: While Papa is mentoring Hinata in violin, Jin and I practice guitar close by to benefit from his Patriarch trait.
Ze: Checking their leveling progress, I see that Jin and Conan learn guitar faster than Hinata learns violin with mentoring.
Conan: But Jin and I also have the Savant trait, so there’s that, too.

Jin: Last night, I tried speeding up my Wellness skilling by staying close to Mama.
I found her Matriarch trait worked when I practice yoga but not meditation. Odd distinction, eh?

Jin: At 11 pm, I bring home my final promotion and become a Double Diamond Agent.
I’m not sure I like my new black double-breasted suit better than my blue tux. Whatever, I like my own wardrobe the best, in fact.
Now, including Conan’s career, our legacy has only four more careers to complete!

Current Status of the Mori Legacy

Ze (12 days to elder): Maxed Social Media/Public Relations career.
Tami (15 days to elder): Maxed Critic/Food Critic career then quit job.
Jin (3 days to adult): Maxed Secret Agent/Diamond Agent then will quit job.
Conan (7 days to adult): Politician/Charity Organizer (L8); Has raised $20,275 toward L10 promotion.
Yuki (13 days to adult): Unemployed.
Hinata (3 days to teen): Maxed all 4 aspirations plus Logic and Violin; Charisma L9.
Miku (6 days to teen):   Maxed all 4 aspirations; L9 Logic, L7 Piano, and L1 Charisma.
Rukia (9 days to teen): Maxed 3 aspirations but needs A for Whiz Kid; L8 Violin, L2 Charisma, and L1 Logic.

Coming soon: Hinata and Miku will probably age up into teens in the next chapter...

Thank you for reading! <3

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go (12/22 update)
« Reply #459 on: December 22, 2016, 11:23:15 AM »
I finally caught up! Your sims have the prettiest hair. I must admit, speed reading through this has sort of left my head spinning.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #460 on: December 22, 2016, 12:20:55 PM »
Rukia's room is to die for! (terrible pun not intended) I am just in awe. Whoever becomes the heir, I hope Rukia sticks around and hangs out in her room a lot. :)

The ice cream outing was fun, too! I'm always so amazed by the creativity of people on the gallery. I never would have thought to use that stack of rocks as a giant ice cream statue, but it looks perfect!

I see Jin has another marvelous sweater with flames, and look at that! He's perfected his headstand. Very nice form there, sir! ;)

So excited to see the girls as teens. Exciting!

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #461 on: December 23, 2016, 10:54:13 PM »
Caught up finally after being out of it with a really severe cold for a week! All the girls are cute...but Rukia is my favorite by far, followed by Miku. (No offense to Hinata, but I'm not a big fan of Naruto :P ) I'm so sorry to hear about your massive glitch! Hopefully it doesn't make your game completely unplayable.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #462 on: December 24, 2016, 11:55:57 AM »
Loved that bedroom!  I'd better not let my daughter see that screenshot, or she'll be demanding we do a room remodel  ;=)
Oh, in answer to your earlier question, I teach English and social studies.
Speaking of the daughter, though, she is getting Sims 4 and the Get to Work expansion for Christmas, so she may be inviting me to "come to the dark side" with her and abandon Sims 3.  We'll see.  If I do make the leap, I'll have a nice head start from having read your story  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Every Day I Haz the Blues
« Reply #463 on: December 27, 2016, 12:56:41 PM »
@KRae
I don’t know how many chapters you recently consumed in how many sittings, but your power-reading efforts are much appreciated.
Color themes for hair and clothing help me tell all the sims apart, even from a distance in the case of twins, haha.

@FrancescaFiori
I’m glad you like Rukia’s soul reaper & bunnies room as well as the ice cream outing. My sims family is running out of fun places to go and fun things to do.
Before downloading that ice cream parlor, I thought hard and “researched,” planning to build one myself (á la Joria).
But then I concluded, nah, I would rather play the family than create a mediocre build. Maybe next time, hehe.
Oh, you caught me! When I re-installed the game and restored the household’s cc clothing, I chose the wrong swatch for Jin’s sweater—that white sweater should have a heart, not a match, lol.

@NexttoNormal
I hope you’ve fully recovered from your extended illness.  No worries about Hinata and her Naruto connection.
I’m only trying to clearly distinguish the girls from each other (because Japanese names can be hard to remember), so the readers can go by hair color and backstory.
But I do like Hinata’s character in the manga—she’s shy and modest but becomes extremely powerful. Love female manga/anime characters like that!

@PeregrineTook
If only real-life room remodeling were as simple and costless as in a Sims household.
I will be curious to hear about (you and) your daughter’s experience and impressions of The Sims 4.
How will you be able to resist watching her as she begins playing her brand-new Sims 4 family?

7.73 The Mori Legacy: Every Day I Haz the Blues

Week 37/Sunday

Ze: I finish capturing the epic sage of Rukia in a Book of Life, just as I’d done for her sisters, Hinata and Miku.
Next, it’s my son Jin’s turn to write the last set of Books of Life for the ninth generation.

Monday

Hinata: Hmmph, I thought I’d get the day off for maxing Charisma this morning…
Tami: I’m so proud of you, Hinata! Keep skilling, doll! You want to become the Gen8 heir, don’t you?
Hinata: I guess. By the way, while you and I are hard at work, what are Grandpa and Papa doing?
Tami: They said they’d be exerting nontrivial psychomotor efforts in virtual reality…
Hinata: Grandpa’s playing video games again and now Papa’s started, too?
Tami: Yep.

Jin: Papa, since I’m no longer working, let’s do a multi-player co-op session of the recently-released Final Fantasy XV.
Ze: Yeah, Watchette’s been playing it so avidly, she’s neglected us for a week, but it’s not hard to understand why.
W: In reality, FFXV is a single-player game at this time.

Ze: The main character, Noctis, is a dispossessed prince. After his father’s killed, Noctics travels with three allies to save the world.
Jin: I read a review that called Final Fantasy XV “JPop gone wild” cuz Noctis and crew look like a boy band.

Ze: Tell me you wouldn’t want Noctis as a groom for the Gen8 Heir, eh? Look at that face and that great hair!
Jin: No kidding! And his royal suit is dope! I read the devs hired a designer from fashion brand Roen for the main outfits.

Jin: Oh, how I love traveling around the open world on those chocobo birds.
Ze: Where’s the lady who sells the chocobo feed? I hear she lets us rename and recolor our chocobos.

Ze: Aren’t you done exploring the new city yet? Let’s hop in our car and go adventuring already!
How do you expect to platinum this game unless we prioritize dungeon crawling?
Jin: Oh please, all you want to do is farm EXP and ability points! Don’t you grind enough in this legacy?

Ze: You know, I think we should do this sort of father-son bonding session every morning!
Jin: I’m so up for that! I never realized that higher Gaming skill unlocks more games on the gaming console.
Ze: And you know what else? Read my lips! *whispers: “Patriarch trait”
W: As you can see, ffxv is a visually fantastic game! *finds some Noctis-lookalike hair cc…

Conan: After bringing home my L9 promotion, I jog down to the Shrieking Llama Bar to complete my daily task.
Detective Akito Ikeda is more than happy to make a donation to my Speak for the Trees cause.
Now if only there were a way to get rid of this camper tent and its nooboo tent.

Tuesday

Miku: Today’s my very last day of grade school! Rukia, I won’t be attending that school with you after today!
Rukia: No fair! From tomorrow, everyone will be staying home this week, except me! *pouts

Hinata: Glancing across the street, I notice an unfamiliar boy walking by and run out to introduce myself.
Byron Gratz is Outgoing. He has a unique first trait so far, like the redheaded Genius, Asa Crabtree.
He’s pretty cute, so our family should keep my eye on him!

Hinata: Byron, now that we’re buddies, let’s take a photo to commemorate our friendship, hey?
Byron: Whoa, you look super cute in our photos, but are my cheekbones really that pointy?

Ze: Hey, Conan! Since you’re off work today, you wanna play a racing car game with Jin and me?
Jin: It’s great, bro! Dad’s Patriarch trait will help us power-level the Gaming skill.
Conan: Wicked! Once we max Video Gaming, we can go and own GeekCon gaming tournament.
This is a great incentive to hurry and max my career! Um, yeah, and of course to spend more time bonding with you and Papa, too.

Yuki: Darling, I can’t believe this is the last day we’ll gaze at all three daughters as little girls like this.
Jin: You’re right! By this time next week, they’ll all be teenagers!
Incidentally, have I told you lately how breathtakingly lovely you are, sweetheart?
Yuki: Flattery will get you everywhere, dear husband.

Yuki: As our eldest daughter, the neat Hinata is supremely diligent about homework, aspirations, and skilling.
But she is also a joyful sim who can often be seen smiling and laughing.
Jin: No doubt, Hinata is the prettiest of our daughters in the children stage.

Yuki: The outgoing Miku surprisingly does not make friends as easily as her sisters do.
In general, she’s a little slower at skilling than her sisters but has still done very well as a child.
Jin: Dat hair, though! Also, Miku has a great walk—as if she slightly pushes her chest out and her shoulders back.
Yuki: Did you notice, Jin? Miku went home by herself just now. She’s not very outgoing at all.
Without even socializing with her friend Asa Crabtree, she just went home without telling anyone.

Yuki: I’d say the Rukia, despite being a geek, exhibits the liveliest personality among our girls. She’s a little kooky but also very clever.
Jin: What Rukia lacks in fancy hair color, she makes up for with her expressive face. She seems to have such a wide variety of facial expressions.
Yuki: Miku and Rukia resemble each other lot now. I wonder if that will change when they’re teens?

Conan: Remember Shaurya Joyson, the Chief of Police I met during my brief, failed foray into the Detective career?
While we’re all at the park, I invite him here to get to know him better. He shows up in his, uh…athletic outfit?
Jin: Conan calls me over to help figure out his traits. On introducing myself, I learn he’s Clumsy, Vegetarian, and Family-Oriented.
So…Watchette hasn’t entirely given up on the Detective career yet?
Conan: Apparently not, but Shaurya’s an adult now and too old for your girls, Jin.
W: Maybe the next Chief of Police…

Ze: I know, I know. You’re probably thinking: “What?! Another shot of the Mori’s playing video games?” Wait a minute, folks, there’s a legit reason for this.
You see, Hinata has maxed all possible skills except Mischief, Fishing (L2), and Video Gaming (L1).
Jin: And since I’m trying to max Video Gaming via Dad’s Patriarch trait, we decide to play a few sessions with Hinata.

Hinata: This is excellent! I was afraid I’d get sent off in the dark to that fishing pond uphill from our house.
W: What I love about TVs and gaming consoles is that, unlike most other sims activities, watching TV or gaming offers an unobstructed front view of all the sims involved.

Wednesday

Rukia: Today and tomorrow, I’m the only one of us who has to attend grade school, but I’m taking Friday off!

Hinata: As soon as I finally get my birthday notice, I skip a birthday party and simply cake up into a teen.
I decide against bright navy-blue hair and choose a greyish hue instead. My outfits also combine shades of greys and muted blues.

Besides my initial Neat trait, I add Outgoing and the Mansion Baron aspiration (which I insta-complete).

Our legacy’s last remaining careers are Politician/Politician, Writer/Journalist, and Business/Management. However, nothing can be decided until the Gen8 heir is chosen.
Consequently, you’ll be meeting my sisters as teens very, very soon!

Sorry for so many video gaming session screenshots this chapter, but video gaming was the last skill that Hinata leveled on the night before her birthday.
In addition, I’ve found really fascinating the various discussions about the Final Fantasy franchise’s new look for their characters.
Some gamers don’t want their characters to travel the world and go into battle dressed like boy-band fashionistas, lol.
Me, I think it’s a delightful change.

In case you’re wondering, Miku’s birthday is three sim-days later (Saturday) and Rukia’s birthday is three  sim-days after that (Tuesday).
I’ll cover both within the next few days.

Best wishes for a joyful holiday season.  Thanks for reading!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #464 on: December 27, 2016, 01:12:05 PM »
Oh, Hinata is stunning! I love the last shot with her hair coordinating with the flowers in the background. What a lovely sim!

I like all the video-gaming shots. They make such great faces! The Final Fantasy stuff is interesting, too, though I don't play that game. I had to jump into the gallery right away and look up "Noctis," and sure enough there are a few versions. *rubs hands in anticipation of Gen 8 spouse-hunting*

I love the shots of the girls playing on the pirate ship. You've done such a great job of giving them distinct personalities. I'm so excited for the rest of the teen birthdays!