Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132013 times)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: The Mori Legacy: Gah, Lag in My A-Game! (01/14)
« Reply #540 on: January 15, 2017, 04:27:29 PM »
You're so close to finishing, you can do this (breaks out cheerleader outfit). 

Shota gets my vote this time.  Love the matching hair and outfit.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Gah, Lag in My A-Game! (01/14)
« Reply #541 on: January 16, 2017, 01:34:29 AM »
I hope I'm not too late for the vote. Life's been busy. Anyway, I vote for Kyoya for heir and cadet. Yes, I'm stuffing the ballot box.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: No Waifu, No Laifu (Part I)
« Reply #542 on: January 16, 2017, 04:19:07 AM »
@PeregrineTook
Lorena really is a lovely say. I dare say that she’s even more attractive than her mother. I wonder if it’s her red hair? Hinata’s frozen pose—I was so unhappy with her but then I noticed how beautiful she is, even when she doesn’t move for four sim-hours, lol.

@Caterina
Thank you! I loved that shot of Shota as well, obviously. And Miku looks surprisingly young still.

@FrancescaFiori
These three teens have been very easy to manage. They make very expressive, photo-worthy faces and never come home tense from school. Angels, I tell you!
My game is still slow but not unplayable now. Thank you for the moral support!

@Magpie2012
Ignis googled images of Blaine DeBeers from iZombie and is flattered that you find a resemblance. He would like to ask you a question: “Do you think I could strengthen the resemblance by wearing more guyliner?”

@HelenP
Thanks for your vote and for your cheering! *feels Very Energized now

@KRae
Thank you for taking the time to vote! Aren’t you in Mexico now?
Kyoya asks me to thank you for stuffing the ballot box, lol.

8.86 The Mori Legacy: No Waifu, No Laifu!

Week 43/Saturday

Kyoya: I don’t get it! My cowplant has grown up but my normal plants still aren’t ready to evolve!
Hello, Auntie Hinata!? You’ve been standing there for the past two sim-hours, you know.
Hinata: You should talk! You’ve been idling during that time, too.
Taisuke: No matter, son. Forget about your garden for now. Singles’ Night awaits us.

Rukia: Willow Creek’s Blue Velvet Nightclub is a ghastly mistake.
Everyone here’s either a relative or a ghostly former household member.

Taisuke: Let’s go somewhere else but only with you, me, and our sons, Rukia.
Ignis: How can we keep everyone from following us everywhere?
Rukia: Sadly, we can’t. But we’ll keep Jin because he’s nearing that time…

Kyoya: Prospects are just as bleak at the Old Quarter Inn in downtown Windenburg.
Only one new face, adult Aahana Kumar, shows up with two unique traits. Close!
Shota: Who’s keeping track of everyone we’ve met so far?
I’m keeping a list of everyone’s name, age, and traits. Shall we move on to the Shrieking Lllama Bar?

Ignis: I’m just going to ignore that guy over there dancing by himself.
They don’t seriously expect me ask his traits, do they?

Rukia: Don’t worry, Ignis. Your Papa and I have it under control.
Taisuke: Not to disrespect chubby bald guys, but he fortunately doesn’t have three unique traits.

Kyoya: So, you’re not going to go inside the Shrieking Llama Bar, bro?
Shota: Why? You know it’s going to be more of the same thing!
Kyoya: So what shall we do now? Sit by the trashcan and wait for some jerk to kick it over?
Shota: You make us sound like losers, Kyoya. When you put it that way, I’d rather go inside.

Shota: By the way, do you follow the voting results? Thanks to HelenP, I’m one vote ahead of you now!

Kyoya: Hmmph, you just lucked out with the cool hair and the new matching vest!
Considering I’m four days younger, you should be impressed that we were tied for a while! *pulls out both pistols this time

Rukia: I come outside looking for Shota and Kyoya, but run into the young adult Saya Tanaka instead.
Neat, Hates Children, and Mean—no, my dear, you are 100% not unique!

Taisuke: Of course, I understand why you would be attracted to me, Youseff. The appeal is irresistible, right?
But you must know I’m a very happily married vampire heartthrob. Also, you only have one unique trait.

Taisuke: Unlike his brothers, Ignis has been very proactive, going around and learning everyone’s traits.
Shota: Ignis is always such a suck-up.
Kyoya: Yeah.

Ignis: I’m actually profoundly depressed by all this. No waifu, no laifu, amirite? And not even a biological laifu for this legacy’s final heir at this rate.
Kyoya: I hear you, bro. The female candidates are either old and unappealing, or our cousins.
Shota: I said this.

Shota: And the best-looking dude in the bar tonight is our Uncle Andrew. *sighs
Um, not that I’ve been checking out the dudes…

Kyoya: Then, Oumaiama Al Arabi walks into the bar. The three of us fervently hope that she has three unique traits.
Rukia: Sorry boys, all three of her traits are not unique.

Shota: When Mariko Sakamoto arrives, we throng around her like a pack of starving hyenas.
Kyoya: Oh, c’mon. Not exactly starving! I just ate some hummus with pita.
Shota: Stop being so literal, Kyoya.
Ignis: Sadly, she’s a Gloomy, Non-Commital Glutton. But only Non-Commital is a unique trait.

Taisuke: Oumaima and Mariko are both very attractive, sons, but they’re adults.
By the time the chosen heir becomes a young adult, they could be elders.

Kyoya: Just as we’re about to leave, Saanvi Chandran walks in.
Ignis: She’s rather pretty, too, but she’s Outgoing, Cheerful, and Insane.
Only two unique traits, darn it! She’s a young adult, at least!

Rukia: Okay, boys, we’ve spun our wheels enough for one night. Let’s call it a wrap.
And so the Mori household straggle home dejectedly after another fruitless night of seeking a Primary Spouse.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: No Waifu, No Laifu (Part II)
« Reply #543 on: January 16, 2017, 04:22:00 AM »
8.87  The Mori Legacy: No Waifu, No Laifu (Part II)

Week 44/Sunday

Ignis: I hear you finished Freelance Botanist this morning, bro. Congrats!
Kyoya: Yeah, thanks! After four days, five plants were finally ready to evolve early this morning.

Shota: Is it just me, or does watching Grandma Yuki busking at the Flea Market feel weird?

Shota: Hey, Kyoya, didn’t you think that Oumaima lady was cute last night?
Kyoya: Yeah, she wasn’t bad, why?
Shota: Well, don’t make it obvious, bro, but look to your right. That’s your left, Ignis.
Ignis: Admittedly, our Great-Uncle Conan is irresistibly cute, but does she have to do her dirty dancing in public?
Kyoya: Sheesh. Watchette, please cross her name off your list of “possibles,” okay?

Kyoya: Mama seems pretty hyped about running into that Brazilian guy Sawyer Pereira.
Rukia: He’s such a cutie pie!
Sawyer: So you can see by my suit and sneakers, Madam Mori, that I am a Politician. *blushes

Kyoya: I guess Mama’s just trying to feel better, cuz Great-Grandma Tami passed away last night.
Even with two pregnancies, Tami didn’t live much longer than Ze.

Shota: After lunch, we all head for the Skye Fitness Center. I’ve reached Level 9 Fitness, so the first thing I do is mix myself a Protein Shake.

We can’t have lot traits at home, so it’s cool to come work out here!
Aaah, you’re still such a scrawny little teen!

Conan: Wow, you’re really focused today, Kyoya.
Kyoya: Sorry but don’t talk to me, Uncle Conan, cuz I’m in the zoooooonnnee…
And soon after, Conan suddenly stops mentoring Kyoya and ages up to an elder, grey hair and all.

Ignis: Yeah, yeah, we all know you got bar flair, Papa. Hurry up with my protein shake already!
Taisuke: Tsk, tsk, son. What an attitude. Let me share with you one of life’s secrets.
If you’re not going to do it full out, it’s not worth doing at all!

Why are you just standing there, Ignis?
Ignis: What? Shota gets to smolder by the bar, but I can’t?
You're not smoldering, Ignis, you're just standing there!

Hinata: This time, Shota maxes Fitness about a half hour before maxing his body potential and completing Bodybuilder.
The Bracing Breezes lot trait sped up his skilling pace, no doubt.
Shota: Thanks for mentoring, Auntie Hinata.

Taisuke: Just as Shota completes Bodybuilder, I get a phone call from Grandpa Ze.

Ze: Hey, Taisuke! It’s me, Ze. You gotta come out for Guys’ Night, yo!
Taisuke: Let me convince Rukia and Hinata to go home, then I’ll gather the boys and meet you in a flash, Grandpa Ze.
You and I never got to have that long chat about life and stuff.

But when we arrive at the Rattlesnake Juice Bar, Ze is nowhere to be seen.

Kyoya: Shota and I glance around and notice the marked absence of the female species.
We then consider the need to get friendly with Adrien Layne.
Because he’s, you know, the only sim we know so far with three unique traits. *gulps
Taisuke: Yeah, Adrien's my former roomie from Oasis Springs and my runner-up in the search for the Gen08 Primary Spouse.

Kyoya: Suddenly, it happens! A lone adult strolls into the bar in questionable hot pants and crop top.
W (sings): Shawty had them Apple Bottom Jeans, boots with the fur. The whole club was looking at her…

Shota: I ask to see her party outfit before advancing the convo because—do I need to explain why?
Ignis: Wow, Maki Nakamura has three unique traits: Outgoing, Family-Oriented, and Insane!

Kyoyas: You think she could become the Primary Spouse for whoever’s chosen to become the Gen09 Heir?
Ignis: Let's bring Maki home and introduce her to Mama.

Rukia: Egads, look what the cat dragged in!
Shota: Mama, this is Maki Nakamura. We met her at the Rattlesnake Juice Bar, where she's a bar regular.
Rukia: A pleasure to meet you, Maki. Obviously, you’re in dire need of meeting our closet so I’ll do you the honors.

Kyoya: We all sit around waiting impatiently for Maki to emerge from the closet.
When she finally does, I’m the first to compliment her outfit.

Shota: Why is Mama still staring at the closet, Papa?
Taisuke: Beats me. I’m not sure why she doesn’t realize that Maki’s not in there anymore, either.

Kyoya: When I sit down, Maki sits down next to me. Eat your hearts out, my bros!
Shota: Oh, puhleeze! Our couch is full.
Ignis: And she was standing closest to the couch you sat on. Mere coincidence!

Kyoya: Ignis, Shota, stop right there! You had your chance at the bar.
Now, I’m the one talking with the lady, okay? Instead, you two can talk to the hand.

Jin: I no longer live in this household but I’m still the oldest living Mori.
I sit down next to Maki to listen while she interacts with my grandson, Kyoya.

Kyoya: I make my funny but cute pouty face and Maki seems to get a kick out of it.
Kyoya is being his usual goofball self, but Maki’s insane and just rolls with it.
Jin: Maki, I give you my stamp of approval. You’ll fit into this household just fine.

Kyoya: When she stands up and looks down at me with a smile, my heart stops. *gasps then whispers: Please live, Maki, until I’m a young adult!

Shota: Oh look! Mama finally figured out that Maki’s no longer in the closet.

We seriously didn’t expect to find a random townie with three unique traits!
Please stay alive and, ideally, be at the beginning of your adult stage.

Still, I'm impressed at how many young adult and adult female sims the game spawned for my ninth-generation sims.

Author’s Notes

Tami Mori

Such devotion and care you showed for the wounded boy you found in the park.
Even after two pregnancies, though, you only lived four days longer than your beloved Ze. It reminds me of lovebirds—when one of a pair dies, the mate soon follows.

As the Gen07 Heir, you gave birth and raised three talented sons—Yuta, Jin, and Conan. You also completed the legacy’s remaining aspiration, Party Animal.
Also, you were the only sim who ever refused to vote for our politician Taisuke, lol. (Taisuke still resents you.)
Okay, I’m struggling to write a eulogy for you as long as the one I wrote for Ze, so I’ll stop here.
Rest in peace, our lovely pink-haired Tami Mori.

Outcome of the Gen09 Heir Vote

All of the usual suspects have voted by now, with Shota and Kyoya ending up with the same number of votes.
I wish to acknowledge the wit of Krae’s remark about stuffing the ballot box by giving Kyoya an extra vote, thus breaking the tie.
As a result, Kyoya will assume the title of Gen09 Heir upon reaching his young adult birthday.

Congratulations, Kyoya.
You didn’t get the cool hair and purple vest, but you make the cutest facial expressions and gestures!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: No Waifu, No Laifu! (01/16, Double Update)
« Reply #544 on: January 16, 2017, 09:20:39 AM »
Congrats on finding Maki!  The hunt was fun.  I wonder what Ignis would like with Jin's hair...I think there is a resemblance there.  When all of the Mori men walked into the bar and were standing by the doorway, I thought we might be getting another dance.  Also, does Apple Bottom Jeans refer to booty shorts in general?  I never figured that one out.  Time for Google.

Edit:  Apparently, Apple Bottom Jeans are a brand made by Nelly.  They have Apples stitched on the back pockets.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #545 on: January 16, 2017, 11:36:52 AM »
Yes!  Goofball insanity for the win!  This should be a fun pairing.
And I noticed Grim hanging at the bar waiting for his beloved Hinata and the beautiful Lorena in the dancing shot.  I appreciate you humoring me  :=)
Nice makeover on Maki, by the way...and shockingly appropriate song reference when she first arrived...

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #546 on: January 16, 2017, 03:02:54 PM »
Yaaay! The perfect waifu finally appears, and she's even cute! She and Kyoya should make a gorgeous legacy-completing nooboo.

I found Watchette's fervent wish for Maki to stay alive juxtaposed with a picture of her playing with the cowplant a bit sinister, but it appears the cowplant has eaten, so Gen 9's spouse is safe for now!

Farewell to Tami! It comforts me to think that she and Ze are together again.

Loved Shota's smolder and Ignis's attempted-smolder by the bar. Such cuties, those two!

Rukia! Lay off that Brazilian fellow! You already have a strangely-shod politician at home! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: Pwned by the Pranksters
« Reply #547 on: January 17, 2017, 04:06:58 AM »
@Caterina
I’m glad you enjoyed the spouse hunt—I wondered if readers would find it monotonous but I was so curious about what kind of random sims we’d run into—so many mean or jealous sims! The game made us wait to meet Maki until last.
I’m planning to give Ignis a make-over in the next chapter since Kyoya just got one.
You’re such an observant reader—the photo was initially about not finding Ze at the bar, but the way the guys all lined up behind Taisuke made it look like an entrance by The Dancers, lol.

@PeregrineTook
Kyoya doesn’t have the goofball trait but he often does zany things, plus he’ll share the Insane trait with Maki on his next birthday. I’m glad you liked Maki’s entrance song.

@FrancescaFiori
I took the cowplant out of inventory for a photo shoot with Kyoya, but Maki autonomously followed him downstairs then started playing with the cowplant.
She’s got a little waist with wide hips and big booty, so she’s rather hard to dress but she’s very pretty. I’ve got my fingers crossed her elder birthday doesn’t precede Kyoya’s YA birthday!
The three sons turned out so differently and are really fun to play.
Haha, I wasn’t sure what to do with the sim with the Brazilian-sounding family name. He keeps showing up.

8.88  The Mori Legacy: Pwned by the Pranksters

Week 44/Monday

Taisuke: You shouldn’t feel bad about not becoming the next heir, Shota.
Jin: Your father’s right, Shota. The vote is really beyond your control.
Shota: Papa and Grandpa, you can’t understand how I feel! You’re both chosen ones.

Jin: Well, you could always ask Watchette to clone you to be founder of another challenge.

Taisuke: Hey, that’s something I would like to do, too! I’m gonna ask Watchette.
Jin: Don’t be so greedy, Taisuke. You and I have already had children.
Taisuke: Yeah, but that didn’t stop Denzel Goth from fathering a wonder child!

Jin: There’d probably be more interest in seeing Shota’s children, though.
Ignis: Hello!? I’m standing right here. Oh, I see. It’s because I only got one vote, huh?

How unusual to see you sisters painting together, and so early in the morning! What are you painting?
Hinata and Rukia (in unison): It’s a surprise!

It’s 9:30 already. Why haven’t you left for school like your brothers?
Shota: I seem to be stuck. The “Go to School” action won’t drop in my queue, if you know what I mean.

But, hey, since you’re here, may I ask you a question?
Sure, what is it?
Shota: When you do another challenge, can I be the founder?
I’ll have to see. You can’t be in a forum challenge unless I recreate you from scratch, no cloning.

Hinata: Hey, we’re done. What do you think, Papa?
Jin: Aren’t you two jumping the gun? For one thing, Kyoya won’t be a young adult for another sim-week.
Rukia: Eh, his looks won’t change much between his teen and young adult stages.

Taisuke: How’d you get Maki to pose for you?
Rukia: That was the tricky part since Maki doesn’t live here yet. I wanted the inner courtyard as background.
So I moved a chess table near my easel, then had Kyoya ask Maki to play chess so she’d walk past me.
Jin: There has to be an easier way than that.
Rukia: Probably, but we don’t know one. And Maki foiled me by walking too fast and behind my easel.

Jin: Well, it’s a very becoming portrait of Maki. But why paint it so early? She doesn’t even live here yet.
Rukia: Nothing wrong in being prepared.
By the way, Grandpa, mind if I paint a new portrait to replace the one in the Legacy Gallery?
Jin: Honestly? No! I’m rather attached to that portrait of me as a young adult!
Rukia: Exactly! We don’t know Maki’s actual age, so I painted her portrait today.
Hinata: I’m sure she’ll prefer it to one of her as an elder. I know I would!

Taisuke: Conan doesn’t show up for our club gathering today, so I invite him over for a make-over.
While waiting on the porch, I see Lorena’s twin sister Rainn walk by. Just keep walking, Rainn.
Rukia: As much as I admire Tallulah’s simverse beautification campaign, I’m much too lazy for that.

Conan: Hey, no dissing the grey hairs! But I wouldn’t mind going back to black!
Taisuke: You look just as charming as always, Uncle Conan. Dat slouch, though…

Shota: Oooh, the Humor & Hijinks Festival is so my jam!
Taisuke: You even earned the Problem Child achievement for maxing Mischief as a teen!

Kyoya: So who’s gonna join the Pranksters team by drinking from this fountain on the left?
Shota: I want Papa, Mama, and Kyoya with me on the Pranksters team. We can’t control Grandpa Jin, Uncle Conan, Maki, or Lorena.
Kyoya: Why’d you leave Auntie Hinata and Ignis at home for Maki and Lorena?
Taisuke: Pretty obvious, I’d say.

Rukia: Look, Taisuke! There’s the swag stall!

Taisuke: Yes, I’d like to buy a commemorative T-shirt, miss.
No, I don’t want to wear it. I prefer my own outfit, thank you very much!
Oh, and four of each type of firework, I guess.

Shota: Hey, check us out! We’re glowing like aliens!
Kyoya: What next, bro?
Shoya: We get points for performing mischief interactions. Piece of cake!

Kyoya: You know, this is the first time the Mori’s have participated in this festival. Let’s show the simverse how the Mori Pranksters roll!
Shota: You can see Papa harassing the swag vendor and Mama’s got it goin’ on over there, too!

Constantine: Dude, is this how you treat a former roomie? I’m deeply disappointed.
Taisuke: Whatever, you’re a Jokester and I’m a Prankster. This means war, yo!

Kyoya: Your future Gen09 Heir has finally moved away from the tiki bar. While taunting the food stall vendor, I reach Level 3 Mischief.
Gotta admit this is pretty fun! Time to quit my day job?

Our Chief of Mischief in action. Your tush isn’t as curvaceous as Maki’s, but very cute just the same! Okay, it’s settled!
Shota: Huh? What’s settled?
When I do the revised Wonder Child Challenge with toddlers, you can be the father. Happy now?
Shota: That’s it? Seriously? Well, thank Carl for speech bubbles!

Shota: How long does this competition last anyway? It’s 7 pm and I’m bored already.
Taisuke: One of the Jokesters even went home just now.
Rukia: No worries, a new victim just arrived. But how to fight the tedium?
Kyoya: Queue up mischief actions then play on Speed 3 for four more sim-hours?

Masato: You’re such a card, Kyoya!
Kyoya: You think I'm funny? I guess I’ll never be the sinister type. After spamming Masato with mischief socials for two hours, we end up friends.

Masato: Constantine, you’ve lost that white glow. Does that mean you’ve left the Jokesters, dude?
Kyoya: I can’t believe I’m already Level 7 Mischief!

Random sim: Wow, the Pranksters win!
Shota: Hmmmph! Of course, the Pranksters win, considering who their leader is!

Second thoughts, Shota. You’d also make an awesome vampire founder for Rival Dynasties. Or we could do a vampire Wonder Child Challenge, just for fun.
Oh I don’t know. There’s so many possibilities.

Wednesday

Shota: Seriously, bro? You made these pancakes?
Kyoya: Well, I’m a foodie so I’m very particular about what I eat. What do you think?
Shota: They’re delish. I’m so impressed!

Rukia: Wow, Ignis! When did you get so buff?
Ignis: Kyoya and I completed Bodybuilder yesterday. I’m happy you noticed!

Hinata: I’m glad you boys are finding things to do. I must confess I’m getting very bored.
What about if I moved out? I could live nearby with Drew and our brood.

Jin: I see I’m back in the Legacy Club again. Were you mad at me or something?
Rukia: Sorry, all our clubs borked yesterday. We lost every single one of our club perks.
Plus, the last two club members of each club got kicked out.

Taisuke: We finished earning the points to add you back this morning.
Jin: Well, as long as I get to see my kids and grandsons. *smiles gently
Yay, we don’t lose any more club perks when we restart the game. Just glad we’re near the end. *wipes brow

Thursday

Ignis: Is that a new everyday outfit, Kyoya?
Shota: That’s not too dressy for your everyday outfit, Kyoya?
Kyoya: I’m going to be the ninth-generation Mori Legacy heir very soon.
I asked Watchette for a more dignified look, one that lets everyone know that I carry the achievements of eight generations of Mori’s on my shoulders.
Ignis: Whoa, Kyoya, that’s deep.
He looks so grown-up in his new everyday outfit. I don’t know about you, but I like it! (Forest-green loafers ftw!)

Ignis: I really like my casual look but, man, Shota and Kyoya really make me feel so underdressed.
Oh well, no matter. Tomorrow, Shota and I age up to young adults, then Kyoya ages up to young adult on Monday.

Unless there’s a complication with Mari Nakamura and trying for baby, the Mori Legacy has come very close to the finish line.
Another sim-week, more or less.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Pwned by the Pranksters (01/17)
« Reply #548 on: January 17, 2017, 07:56:04 AM »
Moving out Hinata?  :=(
Otherwise, another lovely update!  I enjoy the interactions amongst the boys.  I think that's been a fun feature of each generation, really.
I think you should totally go for a Rivalry Dynasty next!  I think the addition of vampires to it will be supercool!  Having the Mori line continue as competitors with other family lines would be pretty enjoyable to read.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: King of Smirks
« Reply #549 on: January 17, 2017, 10:40:09 PM »
@PeregrineTook
You will soon learn how more space is freed up in the household. ;-)
About the kids, I’ve been lucky that their sim personalities have been quite different.
I’m seriously thinking about an RDC next. But I have zero experience with toddlers and I’m hearing that they require a lot of attention, so maybe train myself in toddler training first?
Also, I hear that a Pets XP is coming out next. If I could have a dog found one of the bloodlines, I’d totally go for that!

9.89  The Mori Legacy: King of Smirks

Week 44/Thursday

Jin: Have you no shame, Rukia? Here’s your elderly father, kneeling and weeding his heart out. Meanwhile, you’ve been idling there for the past three sim-hours.
Rukia: …
Hinata: I don’t understand it, Rukia. You’re our household’s main Freelance Botanist!
Rukia: … Oh, I felt the game hiccup just now! *leaps into botanical action

Shota: Ignis, our birthday’s tomorrow. We should have been taking vacation days since Tuesday!
Ignis: I know! I just checked and I have five vacation days.
Kyoya: No more school for me until my birthday on Monday!

Ignis: Shouldn’t Watchette be, you know, watching out for us?
So shoot me, I forgot, okay? But you don’t really have anything else to do anyway.

Shota: No more school for this legacy, ever!
Ignis: No school, no skilling, no work…how do we spend our newfound freedom?

Kyoya: Since Maki and I will have very little time as a couple, I travel with her to the Iyashi restaurant.
Maki: Well, since you’re a teen and I’m an adult, we can’t date yet but thanks for inviting me.
Kyoya (pretends to read menu): She takes my breath away in that dress!

Maki: I’ve never been to this restaurant, Kyoya. I like this outdoor seating.
Kyoya: I’ve never sat here myself. The family usually gets the table for eight in back.
Maki: It’s really romantic, except that you’re still a teen.
Kyoya: ...

Maki: Do you think others looks at us and assume I’m your mother?
Kyoya: Don’t say that, Maki! You look very young and I think my suit makes me look older…maybe.
I invited you out to share with everyone how beautiful you are, Maki. And I also want to get to know you better.

Maki: What do you suggest, Kyoya? You’re the foodie.
Kyoya: Well, how about if we start with…

Kyoya, you dawg, you! Did you order the Cupid Juice? You know what it does right?
Kyoya: Hehe. Yes, I did. And yes, I do. But it doesn’t matter because of our age gap, sadly.
Awww, even the waiter looks embarrassed.
Kyoya: I regret nothing!

Maki: You haven’t touched your drink yet, Kyoya! And has the cat got your tongue?
Kyoya (internally): Maki slays when she’s feeling Very Flirty. *gasps

Kyoya: By the time we leave the restaurant, Maki and I are much closer. Score!

Friday

Shota: Our young adult birthday comes around in the morning. Ignis, stop texting and smile!
Ignis: Hold your horses! I’m uploading a shot of my birthday cake to Plumbook.
Hinata: Hey, I’m home, too, but I’m busy writing a Book of Life for Maki.

Rukia: Ignis ages up with his usual show of overwhelming enthusiasm. *cues sarcasm
Ignis: I add Bookworm to my Music Lover and Neat traits.
We get a weird new menu that asks us to choose not only his third trait but also a new aspiration.

Shota: I cake up next. Besides being a Loner and Kleptomaniac, I’m also Romantic like Papa.
Kyoya: Watchette also officially grants Shota the title of “King of Smirks.”
No one smirks like Shota!

So Ignis, I have some good news and some bad news for you, darling.
Ignis: Bad news first, please.
You’ll be moving out on the same day Maki moves in.
Ignis: Yeah, I totally saw that coming. If Hinata moved out, Pippin would send hordes of ninjas to our house to kill us all.
But what’s the good news?
The good news is...your new look is awesome. C’mon, give us a pose.

Ignis: Now I’m really mad I didn’t refuse that “Outdoor Retreat meets City Living” look I’ve been wearing all this time.
See? I can smolder in this outfit, yo! *blows a kiss at @Caterina
And here’s a formula for you math lovers out there!       Ignis + Caterina = OTP
*giggles

Jin: My grandson needs to hurry and have his YA birthday so he and Maki can get a room!
Maki: *autonomously shares photos
Kyoya: *asks to become BFF

Saturday

Rukia: How shall we fill the days until Kyoya’s birthday?
Taisuke: I’m a romantic, so I vote for anywhere I can snuggle with my darling Rukia.
Rukia: That’s not very helpful for the kids, dear.

Ignis: Let’s phone to check that our villa in Granite Falls has a gaming console and a karaoke machine.
Shota: I don’t know, Ignis. Kyoya and I are a bit overdressed for Granite Falls.
Kyoya: Brunch at Chompy’s, it is!

Taisuke: We seem to have acquired some hangers-on at our table.
Rukia: Is that elderly lady chatting you up?
Shota (checks his queue): Omg, she is! *deletes her from his queue

Kyoya: Mama, Maki suddenly got up and ran off twice now. Can you check on her, Watchette?
Rukia: I’ve been a little worried, too. She’s done that nausea gesture twice earlier.

Maki: I think I ran down here to throw up, but now I don’t need to. Is it something I ate?
Oh right, I’d completely forgotten about the possibility of food poisoning. *breathes a sigh of relief

Rukia: We end our outing by visiting both karaoke bars in San Myshuno.
Taisuke: My lovely wife and I sing a pop number.
Kyoya: Hey, that wink with the pistol is my move!
Taisuke: Confess, son! You originally stole that move from me!
Kyoya: Never!

Kyoya: The even lovelier Maki and I sing a jazz number.
I haven’t told her yet that, after my birthday, I’d like her to move in and marry me. Do you think she’ll have me?

With the sims having nothing to do, we’ve been treading water while waiting for Kyoya to age up.
In the next chapter, however, all sorts of wonderful things will happen!
Kyoya will celebrate his young adult birthday and officially assume the title of Gen09 Heir.
He’ll ask Maki to move in and immediately force-feed her a Potion of Youth.
And then…and then…you’ll need to tune in to find out.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: King of Smirks
« Reply #550 on: January 17, 2017, 11:31:37 PM »
Ignis looks mighty handsome in his new wardrobe.  Would you upload him to the gallery when you get a chance?  I'd like to add him into my rotation for my Build-A-City-Challenge.  I had to ask Siri what OTP stands for...haha!  One time pass...I'll take it!  Tell Ignis, "thanks for the kiss".  It made me giggle out loud too.  Kyoya and Maki make a cute couple.  Rukia and Taisuke are a very fashionable couple...best hair.  I'm excited to read about all of the wonderful things that happen in the next chapter!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #551 on: January 17, 2017, 11:46:46 PM »
Haha, I had a really good laugh at you and me and our googling.
By OTP, I mean One-True-Pairing, not one-time-pass. Is Siri your son? He was probably just pulling your leg.
OTP is a fandom word, like shipping.  ;D
There's a lot of definitions, we could say it is the sole or primary pairing someone (in this case, me) is interested in for a given fandom.

I'm glad you like Ignis' makeover. I was resisting a change of his clothes, but now all three boys have become metrosexuals, haha.

And yes, I'll upload Ignis for you this week. I'll PM you when he's up and how I've hashtagged him. :D 

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #552 on: January 17, 2017, 11:53:40 PM »
Siri is Apple's iPhone voice recognition app.  I think.  I tried to ask her what she was and she didn't understand and then had no comment.  She's like "Okay, Google" or Amazon's Alexa.  My son is Dominic.  I will ask him if he knows what OTP stands for.  It's funny that Siri had a different interpretation.  Next time I will just ask you.  Thanks in advance for Ignis.  There is a very pretty female in my game who's a Mori.  Perhaps I will make them an OTP.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #553 on: January 18, 2017, 01:16:09 AM »
Okay, so what you're saying is: Maki walks in with an itty-bitty waist and a round thing in your face? ;) In any case, she is working that Vintage Glamour dress. It's perfect on her. Nice styling, Watcher. In fact, I loved Maki and Kyoya's entire super-awkward date.

Oh, Shota! Your smirks are too precious! I'm so very excited that he gets to father a Wonder Child. Do your best to pass on that smoldering swagger, young fellow! That moneymaker shot, though! Emojis fail me!

Ignis looks fantastic in his new outfit. I'm so glad he's headed for a new life in Caterina's city. From what I hear, it's a fantastic place to live and Goopy is leading a wonderful life there. Maybe they'll become friends!

I know it isn't possible without mods, but Maki's nausea really made me nervous there for a second. Hanky-panky on the side? Forbidden teen-adult trysts? Oh, no. Just food poisoning. Whew! :)

On pins and needles for what comes next!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #554 on: January 18, 2017, 07:56:22 AM »
Because Pippin will send ninjas.  Loved it!
Must say, Kyoya and Maki are just lovely together!  Even on their age-inappropriate date, they were still adorable.  Of course, it was a bit of a scare when Maki's nausea kicked in.  Thank goodness it was just food poisoning...he says, and then realizes what an odd thing that is to be thankful for...