Author Topic: Sims from Stardew Valley (Finished)  (Read 45016 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Sept 28)
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 06:20:37 PM »
Haley really has a strong love affair going on......with herself!  Is there any room for true romance with her?  Guess I'll have to revive my Steam account.  Stardew Valley just sounds too much fun....and frankly....Sims are getting a wee bit boring at this point.

I figure Stardew Valley is going to keep me going until City Living comes out.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Sept 28)
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 01:41:48 PM »
Setting an Example

Everyone in town knew that Mayor Ted Lewis often paid a visit to the rancher Marnie Maldonaldo in the evening.

And although it was nobody else's business, everyone in town had a pretty good idea what happened on those visits.

"You've got to set an example," the Wizard Rasmodius told him one fine spring day. "If you want the younger people in town to get married and start having babies, you've got to lead the way."

"B-babies?" stuttered Lewis.

"Well, maybe not the babies," the Wizard conceded, "but you definitely need to get married."

"That's assuming Marnie will have me," Mayor Lewis sighed. "I tried asking her a few years ago. I rubbed her aching shoulders for her.

"Then I gave her the patented Lewis smooch.

"But when I got down on my knee to propose, she turned me down. I almost died of embarrassment."

"No," gasped the Wizard. "Did she give you a reason why?"

"She said that she wanted Jas to have some time to adjust. Jas had just moved in with her after her parents died. Marnie said she didn't want to disrupt her life further."

"But that was a while ago," the Wizard said reassuringly. "Why don't you try again?"

"We'd still have to figure out what to do with Jas," said Lewis. "I don't have a room for her, and she can't stay with Shane on her own."

"I think I can solve that problem for you," said the Wizard. "After all, what's the point of being a wizard if you can't do things for your friends from time to time? Go home and invite Marnie to come over."

When Mayor Lewis got home, he discovered that a slight alteration had been made to his house. Done up in shades of purple, the new room had just enough space for a bed and a dollhouse.

"There's something I want to show you," he said when Marnie arrived. "Do you think Jas would like to come and live here with you and me?"

"She's been agitating for a dollhouse for ages," Marnie admitted. "But just what did you have in mind, Ted?"

"I was hoping I could avoid this bit," Ted groaned. He got down on one knee. "Marnie, please say you'll marry me quickly before my knee gives out."

Marnie admired the ring briefly while Ted struggled to his feet. "You got all your bones back in place?" she asked.

"I think so," said Ted.

"Then the answer is YES!" She leapt into his arms.

Ted mixed up a white cake while Marnie went home to put on her wedding dress and break the news to Shane and Jas.

In no time at all the guests had been invited, and everything set up. Ted took a fortifying glass of punch and then discovered that it lacked a certain something. Where was Pam Bibbler when you needed her?

"Here comes the bride!" someone shouted, and Ted hurried to meet Marnie. "You're not supposed to look at me until we're at the arch," she hissed.

"You're gorgeous," said Ted. "Are you sure you want to marry an old fogey like me?"

"It's too late to back out now," said Marnie. Ted had no idea how they'd made it to the arch. His legs felt like overcooked spaghetti noodles.

Ted had just finished promising to love and cherish as long as they both should live when an uninvited guest showed up.

"Just passing through," she said. "Don't mind me."

Marnie slipped the ring on his finger and promised to love and cherish too.

And then they were married. George Mullner set off the confetti, and Ted took a piece of cake to his bride.

Marnie took her fork and fed him a bite while he fed her.

Back at the house, Marnie explained everything to Jas again. "You'll spend the weekdays with Uncle Ted and me, and then on the weekends we'll all go visit your Cousin Shane and you can stay in your old room. Would you like that?"

"Cool," said Jas. "Can I go play with my dollhouse now?"

"That's an excellent idea," said Marnie.

"And the aunt and uncle went off to the bedroom while the little girl played with her dolls. And they all lived happily ever after in their new house," Jas told her dolls.

In a room on the other side of the house there were fireworks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Oct 3)
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 01:53:31 PM »
Aww! That was great! It's so satisfying to see Ted and Marnie get together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 02:58:15 PM »
Yes! So great to see Lewis and Marnie get together in your world!
Oh! Today is the release of Stardew Valley's 1.1 update!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 06:25:09 PM »
Awwww.  I love the happily ever after with the dolls.  Cute little room for Jas too.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 11:06:10 AM »
mmm Marian, Shane looks good in your sims version!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 12:15:17 PM »
mmm Marian, Shane looks good in your sims version!

Thanks, but I can't take credit for Shane. I got him off the Gallery -- Dr. Fangg is his creator.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 05:02:03 PM »
Tildy's Diary

Dear Diary,

Thanks to the Wizard's wishing well (and try saying that five times very fast), I've been able to have some work done on the house. It's just opening up the kitchen a bit so I don't feel claustrophobic while trying to cook, but it's a start.

Thursday, 18 Spring, we had our first wedding -- Mayor Lewis and Marnie. It was a lovely wedding (except for being gate-crashed by a wandering tourist), and everyone was very happy for them. After the wedding, I went inside, and hung up my first group of mounted fish.

Everyone was gone by the time I finished with that, so I went outside and communed with the wedding arch on my own.

It's hard to believe that I'll be getting married here someday. I haven't even met Mr. Right yet! Except I've met almost everyone in town already. Maybe someone new will move in -- but no, Jodi told me they hardly ever get new people, which is why my arrival was such a big deal.

I'm really enjoying life in Stardew Valley. The place is so beautiful that I don't mind all the fishing and mining and gardening I have to do here. This is what it looks like at sunrise by the river:

And here is afternoon on the beach. Besides fish, I sometimes get little treasure boxes, too. This one gave me a rose.

In the evening, I can do some work in my orchard -- I like to have my trees look more natural, rather than all lined up in a row.

I'm still a lousy cook, so I visit the Stardrop Saloon fairly regularly.

I saw Mayor Lewis and congratulated him on his recent wedding. If I were still living in the city, I wouldn't see anyone I knew at a restaurant, and I certainly wouldn't know the Mayor well enough to attend his wedding.

It seems like everywhere I go I run into someone I know. Demetrius Carpenter, Robin's husband, for example, can usually be found at a chess table, either in the library or in the park.

Life in Stardew Valley is not totally without imperfections, though. I don't know what I ran into that gave me this rash, but I hope it's not something I planted.

I saw Rasmodius this morning. He says I'm turning out to be quite a good apprentice (I didn't know I was one) and said my next task is to ask Elliott to be my partner for the upcoming Flower Dance.

"You do realize that Elliott is gay?" I said.

He waved that aside. "Just ask him," he repeated, "and everything -- well, almost everything, as there's something I need to do -- will fall into place."

"Eight weddings will happen just because I ask Elliott to dance?" I said dubiously.

Rasmodius counted on his fingers. "Well, four. But that's enough to get you to the halfway point. And Alex and Haley are coming along nicely."

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Wizarding secret," he said.

"But if I'm your apprentice, can't you tell me?"

"All in good time, my dear, all in good time."

The Flower Dance is coming up soon. I just hope the steps aren't too difficult.

Bye for now, Tildy

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Oct 6)
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 03:03:33 PM »
A Night at the Mullners'

Haley still hadn't called Alex; she wasn't sure that she'd forgiven him yet for flirting with another woman, even if the other woman had started it. But he ran by her house that evening.

"I thought you were going to call me," he said. "Don't we need to practice our moves for the Flower Dance?"

"I didn't know if you still wanted me to be your partner," sniffed Haley. "I thought you might have decided to ask that new farmer."

"Haley, look at my tatt," said Alex. "What's the name on the heart? Isn't that yours?"

"It's been two years," said Haley. "I thought you might have had it erased."

"Nope," said Alex. "Too painful. So, are we still on for tomorrow? I've got the day off."

Haley nodded.

After working out religiously, lifting weights...

...and punching the bag, in addition to jogging...

Alex finally got the call he'd been waiting for. He couldn't wait to tell Haley the next time he saw her.

"Coach wants me to come when we go to our away game tomorrow," he told her. "He says one of the guys has a sprain that isn't getting better, and he might have to put me in as a sub. I'm going to be on the team!"

"That's great!" said Haley.

During their session, Alex danced like he'd never danced before.

And when he and Haley had finished practicing, he kissed her.

"I just thought of something," he said, when they both came up for air. "It's my grandparents -- I don't like leaving them on their own. It's not like anything will happen, but -- I'd like there to be someone in the house who knows how to use a cell phone in the middle of the night. Do you think you could go over there? Maybe spend the night? My grandmother's a great cook, and she's never heard of quinoa or kale."

Haley shrugged. It was true that Emily was always trying out new recipes -- some less tasty than others. "I guess," she said.

Alex was just leaving the house when Haley arrived that afternoon. "See you all tomorrow!" he called.

"I thought we could play cards on the porch," said Evelyn. "George usually wins, but maybe with you here, he'll have some competition."

They played three rounds, and Haley won two of them. George won the third. "That was fun," said Haley. "I haven't played cards since my parents left."

"Are they still traveling?" asked Evelyn.

"Yes," said Haley. "They're going to Champs les Sims next."

As Alex had predicted, dinner was excellent.

"Say, I've got a riddle for you," said George. "You're deep in the woods on a cold snowy night, and you come to a cabin. It's dark in the cabin, but you've got a crumpled up bit of paper in your pocket that you can use to start a fire and the stub of a candle. You only have one match, though, so what do you light first?"

Haley knew that she would never in a million years be deep in the woods on a snowy evening, but she played along -- would she pick light or heat? All at once, she saw the answer. "I would light the match first," she said.

"I knew you were a smart one," said George, slapping his knee. "'As smart as she is pretty,' that's what I told Alex." Haley couldn't help grinning.

She had trouble sleeping that night though. Alex's bed was quite a bit less comfortable than her own and besides, she wasn't used to having so much responsibility. What if George had another stroke? Early in the morning -- while it was still nighttime, actually, she heard someone moving around. Worried, Haley got up and quickly dressed.

"Don't mind me," said Evelyn. "I have a hard time going back to sleep again after four or five in the morning. But if you're up already, have some breakfast. It's been so lovely having you here," she continued, "just like having our daughter -- Alex's mom, you know -- back again. It'll be so nice when you and Alex get married and you move in with us. I'm really looking forward to it."

Haley almost choked on her fish taco. "I'm sorry -- I just remembered there's something I've got to do at home," she said. "Have Alex call me when he gets in." She excused herself from the table and left.

"You left a bit early," Alex greeted her later.

"Just when were you going to tell me?" Haley demanded.

"Tell you what?" asked Alex.

"That you and I were going to live with your grandparents after we got married," said Haley. "For that matter, when were you going to propose? Because I don't recall saying that I would marry you, and I certainly don't recall you asking."

"Whoa, whoa," said Alex. "Just what happened?"

"Your grandmother said, and I quote, 'It will be so nice when you and Alex get married and you move in with us.' That's what happened. Just what have you been telling them?"

"Nothing," protested Alex. "I mean -- they know I like you, and I have told them that I'll always be there for them just as they were there for me when my mom died. Would it really be so awful living with them? They seemed to think you had a good time last night."

"That's not the point," said Haley.

"Well, would you like me to propose?" said Alex, "because I'd be happy to do that."

"Not while we're in the middle of an argument, and not while I'm wearing this ratty old thing," said Haley. "I always thought it would be romantic."

"We can do romantic," Alex said hastily. "Just give me a day or two, and I'll show you how romantic I can be. Okay?"

Haley dabbed at her eyes with her handkerchief. "I guess."

"Are we still on for the Flower Dance tomorrow?" asked Alex.

She nodded.

"I'll see you there, then," said Alex.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Oct 7)
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 01:33:45 AM »
Oh, those two are so bumblingly perfect for each other! I can't wait to see what Alex comes up with for the proposal!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Oct 7)
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 10:08:45 AM »
Flower Dance

Leah was worried. Last year she and Elliott had been partners at the Flower Dance, and everyone had agreed that they looked great together. But this year -- she hadn't heard from him in over a week. Did he take it for granted that they'd be partners again? She was tempted not to go, but in the end, curiosity won out.

As soon as she saw Elliott, she realized that they would not be dancing together.

stardew034.jpg

"Leah, there's something I have to tell you, something I should have told you a long time ago. I just hope you'll forgive me and that we can still be friends. Whoops! The music is starting and I have to go. We'll talk later, okay?"

"Sure," said Leah. Her face hurt from the fake smile she'd plastered on it. Elliott appeared to be partnered with the new girl, Tildy. But she'd only arrived three weeks ago -- did he consider that to be a long time?

stardew027.jpg

Gunther, the town's librarian, came and joined her. "Elliott asked me to talk to you," he said. "But let's go some place where there aren't quite so many people around."
Leah looked back at the dancers one more time before following Gunther.

stardew026.jpg

"This looks like a good place," said Gunther, and they sat down on the bench together.

stardew030.jpg

"I suppose the first thing I need to tell you is that Elliott's gay."

"But -- we dated. Are you sure?" To say that Leah was surprised was an understatement. She was astonished, stunned, dumbfounded.

"When he first came to Pelican Town, Elliott didn't know how people would react to his being gay. He didn't want to write about the gay community in Zuzu City; he wanted to write in the country, in a small village. And he didn't want to write about being the only gay man in a small town either. So he became friends with, and flirted with, a young woman artist whom he thought might be sophisticated enough to figure out what was going on."

"Me," said Leah. "I did think at first...and he was always a perfect gentleman...and I suppose I should have noticed that he was more flirtatious when other people were around than when we were alone together...Oh, he should have told me!"

"Yes, he should have," said Gunther. "But he did enjoy your company, and he didn't want to make you mad at him.

"Then I came to Pelican Town as the new librarian, and we ran into each other at the Stardrop Saloon.

stardew037.jpg

"We soon hit it off -- he was a writer, I was a reader, what could be a better fit? It wasn't long before we both confessed that we had feelings for each other.

stardew035.jpg

"And when I proposed to him, he accepted."

stardew033.jpg

"So why aren't you dancing with him instead of Tildy?" Leah asked.

"I have two left feet," Gunther explained. "And he's still a bit shy about coming out. It's taken me a while to persuade him to have a public wedding. I know it will mean a lot to him if you come."

stardew040.jpg

"Yeah, sure," Leah sighed. "My mother once told me not to get too involved with any man whose hair looked better than mine. I suppose I should have realized he was gay, but I still wish he'd told me. He could have trusted me to keep it secret if he wanted."

"I wish he'd told you, too," said Gunther. "But in a way, I'm glad he didn't -- it's given us a chance to get to know each other  better. I do hope you'll be my friend as well as Elliott's. The wedding is to be this Friday. I hope you'll come, but I'll understand if you don't."

"I'll come," said Leah. "I'll even throw some confetti."

Back at home, Leah did what she always did when she felt bad -- she painted. When she was done, she looked at her work and almost started crying. She wished so much that the friendly pink bunny she'd depicted could walk out of the painting and give her a hug.

stardew039.jpg

There'd been a movie once about a man who had an imaginary friend who was a large pink bunny. Elliott P. Dowd had been the name of the man -- Leah frowned in irritation. She was trying to get Elliott out of her mind, but here he was, cropping up again. She left the painting on the easel and went upstairs to paint some more.

On the other side of town, Alex was finishing up his daily workout when he spotted Elliott.

"Elliott! Bro! I need your advice."

"On sartorial matters?" asked Elliott.

"Maybe -- if I knew what 'sartorial' even meant," said Alex. "Haley wants me to be romantic when I propose to her, and I thought, since you're a writer, you might be able to tell me what to say."

'It's obvious you've never heard of Cyrano de Bergerac," said Elliott.

"Who's he?" asked Alex.

"Someone who wrote love letters for a friend of his, but never mind. Suffice to say, it didn't turn out well. Do you have any ideas yourself?"

"Well, this is how I've always thought it would happen," said Alex. "It's the bottom of the ninth, the game is tied, and I hit the winning home run. As soon as I touch home plate, I dash up into the stands, get down on one knee and ask Haley to marry me while everyone is cheering."

"Sounds good to me," said Elliott. "Go for it."

"Yeah, but what if that doesn't happen the day Haley comes to the game? Or what if I hit the winning home run in the third inning? It would be kind of anti-climactic to wait until the end of the game, but Coach would be furious if I ran up into the stands in the middle."

"You've got a point," said Elliott. "Take her to dinner at a fancy restaurant -- not the Stardrop Saloon -- and propose there. Or you could ask your grandmother how your dad proposed. "

"Not sure I want to do anything the same way my dad did," said Alex, "but I'll talk to Granny anyway."

"By the way, I'm getting married myself this Friday," said Elliott.

"Really?" said Alex. "Who's the lucky -- um -- person?"

"Gunther," said Elliott. "Would you like to come to the wedding?"

"Of course," said Alex. "We're bros, after all. And you and Gunther should come when Haley and I get married."

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Oct 9)
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 01:48:41 PM »
Hey! Those Day of the Dead outfits look perfect for the flower dance. That's great! I'm happy for Gunther and Elliot, too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2016, 03:10:31 PM »
Shocker!  So he's gay.  Poor Leah.  I do love the day of the dead outfits.  Might just add some to my Sims array.  Still haven't gotten Stardew Valley but am loving your story and the characters from there.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2016, 06:04:11 PM »
What a brilliant idea to combine the Day of the Dead outfits and a group dance to recreate the Flower Festival.
It's always irked me that, during the Flower Dance, my own character doesn't get to wear the cute little dress!

Oooh, Elliot and Gunther! Hmmmm, I never realized that Gunther's bald beneath his hat!
How curious--the balding Gunther and Elliot with the Fabio hair, haha.

Will you be doing spotlight chapters on each of the singles? For some reason, I'd thought Tildy was into Alex so I was surprised he asked about marrying Haley...
This is such a fun story!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »
@oshizu, the Wizard asked Tildy to flirt with Alex in order to make Haley jealous -- or at least aware that she couldn't take Alex for granted.