Author Topic: Sims from Stardew Valley (Finished)  (Read 45033 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Oct 9)
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2016, 07:02:53 PM »
Thank you for explaining that for me, Marian.
I reread this story from the beginning just now and am surprised how much I didn't remember.
Probably because I didn't start playing Stardew Valley until after reading a few of your chapters first. :-)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Oct 9)
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 06:49:10 PM »
A Proposal, a Wedding, and an Invitation

Alex took his advice and talked to Evelyn. "I'm going to take Haley out to dinner and propose there," he said, "but I still don't know what to say. I keep trying to think of something romantic, but I just can't."

Evelyn gave him a twinkling smile. "Usually, 'I love you. Will you marry me?' is romantic enough for anyone. But I do have something I can give you to give to her. And I think if you follow these steps it should work out well." She wrote her instructions on a piece of paper.

When they got to the restaurant, Alex slid the paper from beneath his shirt cuff and consulted it, even though he had memorized what it said: "1. Give her a rose."

As they sat down at the table, he said "You look lovely tonight," which was what the second instruction had been.

"But Haley looks lovely all the time," he'd told his grandmother. "She'd look lovely no matter what she wore."

"She'll have dressed up for the occasion," Evelyn had said, "and her feelings will be hurt if you don't compliment her on her dress."

Number 3 was "Order some wine."

Number 4 was "Eat." Alex didn't have to consult his notes for that; he could remember it quite easily. He got steak and Haley ordered a salad.

"Are you sure that's enough?" he inquired anxiously.

"I ate so much at your grandmother's that I have to go easy on the calories tonight," said Haley. "You're right -- she is an excellent cook."

It wasn't the best segue, but Alex took it. He got out of his chair and dropped to one knee. "I hope you'll be willing to eat her cooking for a long time to come," he said. "This ring belonged to my mother, and my only regret is that she's not here to welcome you as a daughter. There's a wedding ring that matches it if you say you'll marry me."

"Oh!" said Haley. "Oh, Alex, I don't know what to say."

"Say yes?" he prompted.

"Oh yes, of course I'll marry you. When shall we have the ceremony?"

"How about the day after tomorrow," said Alex. "I'd suggest tomorrow, but Elliott and Gunther are getting married then." Haley was too busy admiring the ring, though, to pay much attention to what he said, but she nodded.

Friday afternoon came quickly for Elliott and Gunther. As they waited under the arch, Gunther began to feel nervous. "What if nobody comes?" he worried. "What if the cake turns out bad -- you know it's the first time I ever baked a cake."

stardew031.jpg
"Relax," said Elliott. "It will be fine."

stardew025.jpg
And indeed it was fine. They exchanged their vows, and were showered with confetti.

stardew038.jpg
Gunther took a moment to admire his ring. "You don't know how long I've waited for this," he said, emotion making his voice husky. "When I was your age I thought it would never be possible."

"Hush, and go cut the cake," said Elliott.

stardew032.jpg
Gunther brought a piece to Elliott, and the two of them fed each other while everyone cheered. Everyone except George, that is, who gave them a blast on his trumpet. "Delicious," Elliott murmured.

Leah had watched the wedding from the back of the gathering, ready to slip away if her emotions got to be too much for her. She was happy for Elliott and Gunther, truly she was, and she wasn't angry with Elliott, but her knees felt a bit shaky.

She went home and changed into her everyday clothes, but she couldn't settle down and get any work done. After a couple of hours of aimless fluttering about, she decided to go see Dr. Harvey.

"I'm really perfectly healthy," she assured him as she sat down in his office. "I just feel a bit weepy, and I think an anti-depressant might help."

stardew011.jpg
"I don't feel qualified to prescribe psychotropic drugs," said Frank Harvey. "Legally, I can do it, but I'm not a trained psychiatrist. I can give you a referral to someone in Zuzu City, though. She's really an excellent therapist. I think you'd like her."

stardew007.jpg
Leah felt an unreasonable spurt of jealousy and a strong disinclination to have anything to do with this "excellent therapist." "I don't know what's wrong with me," she exclaimed. "I seem to be terrible at picking men to get involved with. First there was Kel, who thought I should get a job as an accountant when all I wanted to do was paint.

stardew001.jpg
"So I come to Pelican Town, and what do I do? I fall for the only gay guy for miles around -- except Gunther, of course. I mean, is that crazy or what? But I'm not jealous or angry with Elliott. I guess I'm angry with myself for not picking up on the signals. Because looking back, it should have been obvious to me that he was gay. I guess what I need is a cure for stupidity."

"I don't think you've been stupid," said Frank. "I think at some level you realized that you had been wounded by Kel, and so you became attached to Elliott to avoid a romantic entanglement with anyone else. Does that sound reasonable?"

"Yes," said Leah. "Actually, it does. But at the rate I'm going, I'll be forty before I get married."

Frank laughed out loud. "You're beautiful enough that I'm sure you'll find someone."

"Is that your clinical assessment?" asked Leah with a sidelong look.

"Now Leah, you know perfectly well that my professional code of ethics doesn't permit flirting with patients," he said.

Leah stood up and looked around the office. "Your walls are pretty bare," she said. "What you need is a portrait of yourself, nicely framed. You should come over sometime and sit for me."

As she opened the door to leave, she turned and looked at him over her shoulder. "And artists don't have a professional code of ethics," she reminded him.

Frank Harvey didn't realize he'd been holding his breath until suddenly he was forced to exhale. Leah was right -- the walls of his office were bare. And as for the implied invitation...for some reason he was grinning, and he didn't quite know how to stop.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Oct 14)
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 06:57:59 PM »
Ooh! Leah and Dr. Harvey! I didn't see that one coming, but it makes me smile, too. :)
Great chapter. Both the proposal and the wedding were very sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 07:26:58 PM »
I'd also never considered Leah and Dr. Harvey as a couple, but I do think he and Maru would be rather boring.
I'm glad Leah's gotten back in the saddle, so to speak!

And I'm trying not to speculate who Tildy will choose, lol.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2017, 05:28:47 PM »
It occurred to me that in this story I have several couples who might produce toddlers if they got together. So I'll be updating sporadically. As time goes on, it will bear less resemblance to Stardew Valley, but I figure that's okay.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2017, 06:12:16 PM »
Haley's Job

stardew004.jpg

Haley had always assumed she didn't really need a job, but one day she came across an interesting ad: ARE YOU THE NEXT INTERNET PERSONALITY? It looked intriguing -- all she had to do was maintain a blog and share with people what was going on in her life. Since Haley knew that thousands of people outside of Pelican Town would be interested in her life if they only had a way to find out about it, she filled out the forms. The first thing she'd write about would be the wedding...

stardew009.jpg

As soon as her dress arrived from Zuzu City, Haley was good to go. Emily had made a white cake and put the wedding topper on it for her. Some people might think that 7 a.m. was too early in the day for a wedding, but Haley knew that Alex would have to leave for work later on.

stardew013.jpg

They got a good turn-out for the ceremony, and some people actually sat down to watch.

stardew015.jpg

As Haley fed Alex his cake, she knew that Pelican Town had never seen a lovelier bride.

stardew010.jpg

At home in her new house, Haley started taking pictures. She wasn't authorized to upload any images yet, but she was looking forward to the day when she could share her picture of delphiniums.

stardew018.jpg

News, on the other hand, she could share with her 65 followers. "I wore an embroidered white-on-white flowered silk sheer, tightly fitted through the shoulders and arms, over a white peau-de-soie underdress..." As an afterthought she added, "Expect the patter of tiny feet soon. It's a good thing we live with my husband's grandparents!" Once Alex came home, she had something else to add: "Hubby just got a promotion. That's him in the llamacorn suit -- he's their new mascot! GO LLAMAS!"

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Jan 15)
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »
This story is great --- with so much cool stuff brought from Stardew Valley to the Sims!  You really got tons of the little details about the valley :).

Bookmarked!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new -- Jan 15)
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2017, 11:46:15 AM »
I'm closing this down, but I do plan on doing something with my Stardew Valley Sims. I intend to regress most of the young adults to toddlers or children and play them on long once I get Parenthood. This means they won't be much like the ones that are actually in Stardew Valley, probably, but I think it will be interesting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (on hiatus)
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2017, 06:07:55 PM »
I'll bet that it would be fun to play Elliot as a child.  He'd obviously be a whiz kid/bookworm or genius!

Haley and Alex would be cute as best friends as children.

Will this story stay up on the forum, but just not be updated?

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2017, 07:23:41 AM »
Aww :-( So we won't get to find out who the other weddings will be? On the plus side, it does mean you'll be starting another story :-)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2018, 08:56:35 PM »
I'm coming back to this. Expect a few more weddings and then the second generation.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2018, 11:26:17 PM »
That's so awesome MarianT!  I love how you portray the game!  Stardew's really fun, too 8).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2018, 01:44:21 PM »
Gossip

star101.jpg
Maru Carpenter and Penny Bibbler had been best friends ever since third grade. So naturally when Maru had exciting news, she shared it with Penny immediately.

star102.jpg
"Dr. Harvey was joking with little Jas Maldonado when I came to work this morning," said Maru. "He told her she was a pixie, and she said, no, she wasn't, and then he said, 'Isn't that right, Nurse Carpenter?'"
"And?" Penny prompted.
"But don't you see?" said Maru. "He called me by name. That means I'm not just another body in scrubs to him. He knows who I am."
Penny groaned. She didn't want to burst her best friend's bubble, but...

star103.jpg
"I'm not sure that Dr. Harvey is into you as much as you are into him," she cautioned. "In fact, why don't we go to San Myshuno the next time GeekCon is there. You might meet someone else."
"Why do you say Dr. Harvey isn't as much into me?" asked Maru. "You don't even know him."
"I know what he looks like," said Penny. "And I saw him with that artist woman in the park yesterday. He was holding her in his arms, like a baby."
"She might have just sprained her ankle," said Maru. And Penny agreed that indeed she might.

star104.jpg
When Maru got to the hospital the next morning, all the gossip was about Emily Hudson's baby. She'd shown up in the middle of the night and had delivered in the small hours of the morning.

star105.jpg
"It's pretty clear that Clint Barnhart is the father," said the nurse who had been there. "He was carrying on like he was the one with a problem."
"I didn't know they were married," said Maru.
"They're not," said the other nurse.

star106.jpg
"Anyway, they had a little girl, and her name is Madilyn. I don't know what her last name will be."

star108.jpg
Unfortunately for Maru, when the shift changed, there was a different subject for gossip.
"Sad news, girls," said the receptionist when she came in. "Our own Dr. Dreamy just got married."
Maru wasn't the only one who gasped. "Are you sure?" someone asked.
"I noticed a strange car parked in front of his house," said the receptionist, "so I peeked in the window just in time to see the confetti. And I think she'd been there all night because she was wearing her nightie."
This was scandalous indeed. Maru slipped away while everyone else was expressing their shock. She'd been so sure that something would develop between her and Dr. Harvey -- now she just wanted to crawl into a hole somewhere and die.

star109.jpg
"What's the matter, honey?" Robin asked as Maru stormed into the house.

star110.jpg
She knocked on the door that had shut in her face. "Maru?" she called. "Are you all right?"
"Go away," said Maru. "I don't want to see anybody ever again. Oh, and I'm quitting my job."
This was serious. Robin went to find Demetrius. He could always get through to Maru when she couldn't.

star111.jpg
Unfortunately, Demetrius was in the middle of being abducted by aliens.
Maybe Maru's friend Penny knew what was going on, thought Robin.

star112.jpg
Penny came over as soon as Robin called. It took a few hours, but finally Maru calmed down enough to agree to join the family for breakfast, or maybe lunch, the next day. "I'm not going back to the hospital though," she said firmly.
When she emerged from Maru's room, Sebastian was waiting for her. "Mom said I should make sure you get home safe," he said.
"You don't need to do that," said Penny.
Sebastian rolled his eyes. "My pleasure," he said. "Maru might not be my favorite person in the world, but when Maru's upset, my stepdad's upset, and when he's upset, Mom's upset, and pretty soon it's so noisy in the house you can't hear yourself think. Besides, I like being out at night."

star113.jpg
By the time they reached Penny's trailer, she had learned most of Sebastian's life story -- how he'd never gone to college but had spent all his time "fiddling with" his computer, to his parents' great dismay, only to land a really good job with a tech giant.

star114.jpg
"I wish I could go to college," said Penny.
"You can take classes online these days," said Sebastian. "Even get a degree, I think."
"That would be great, but I don't have a computer," said Penny.
"I've got an old clunker that I keep because it has some games on it I like. You're welcome to come over and use it. After all, you gotta shoot for the moon if you want to reach the stars," said Sebastian. "Or is it the other way around?"

star115.jpg
Penny giggled. "Maybe I'll do that," she said.
Sebastian hadn't noticed before that Penny was actually kind of pretty. He felt an impulse to kiss her -- just on the cheek, of course -- but at that moment her mother Pam came outside.

star116.jpg
"Get in the house," she ordered Penny. "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

star117.jpg
"I was just thanking her for helping out with my sister," said Sebastian.
"Well, I'll thank you to keep your hands off her," said Pam. "Just because I'm a single mother and we live in a trailer, people might think she's easy, but she's not, do you hear?"
"Loud and clear," said Sebastian. He could tell that Pam had been hitting the juice bar, and he didn't want to get into an argument. He slipped away before she could get into her rant.
Even so, as he left the lot, he could hear Pam yelling at Penny.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 07:34:38 PM »
I'm so excited you've returned to this story! I really love the way you write everyone, and the matchmaking is going so well! Poor Maru, though! I hope she can find someone to help her over her heartbreak. I like Penny and Sebastian, too.
And now I'm getting the itch to play Stardew Valley again . . . :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2018, 05:52:20 PM »
Aftermath

star201.jpg
Maru was still grumpy the next day.
"I've got an idea," said Demetrius.
"Yes?" Maru said warily. Her father's ideas tended to lead to things like a Slimify serum that might make the drinker gain weight rather than lose it (her mother, Robin, was still working on those last five pounds) and a machine that could make an evil clone of a person.
"The problem with being a doctor is that you only meet sick people," he said.
"Point being?"
"Now if you became a veterinarian, you'd meet healthy people with sick pets."

star202.jpg
"Is this another of your inventions, Dad?"
"No, no, EA-developed, so you know it's reliable. You can start out with making serums until you feel like opening your own clinic."

star203.jpg
The next day was a Sunday. Penny didn't have to give lessons to Vincent and Jas so she came over to get started on her college work.

star212.jpg
Abigail Soriano was not happy to see her. "What is she doing at my computer?" she demanded. "Didn't you remember that they're updating Zombie Armageddon today?"
"Penny is working on getting a college degree," said Sebastian. Out of the corner of his eye he saw that Penny had slipped away. He threw on some outdoor clothing and hurried after her.

star205.jpg
Abigail took advantage of their departure to get her game started.

star204.jpg
Upstairs, Sebastian was trying to persuade Penny not to leave. "No, no, if Abigail has a standing invitation..."
"But your college work is more important than playing a game," said Sebastian.
"I was finished with my class for the day anyway," said Penny.
"In that case, why don't we go over to the bowling alley? It's still early enough in the day that your mom won't get mad."

star206.jpg
The lanes were all in use at the bowling alley, so they sat down on a bench. Penny sat on the edge. "Shift around," said Sebastian. "You'll get a crick in your neck if you try to talk to me."
"I should probably go home," said Penny. "Mom would say that if I had time to go bowling, then I certainly would have time to do the laundry."
"But bowling is more fun," said Sebastian. "Maybe. So long as you don't get your fingers stuck in the holes and end up flat on your back."
"That sounds like the sort of thing I'd do," said Penny.
"Believe me, it hurts." Sebastian had finally worked up the courage to make a move. He gave a big yawn and stretch, bringing his hand down on Penny's shoulder. She flicked it away with a frown. "I don't go in for PDAs," she said. "Public displays of affection."
"Well, I can't do anything when we're alone because I don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you."

star207.jpg
Just then Abigail stalked past them. She did not look happy.
"It looks like the zombies lost," said Sebastian.
"Or maybe she's upset because you're spending time with me," said Penny. "Aren't you two going together?"
"No. No way. She comes over to play her game on my computer sometimes, and she and Sam and I were trying to form a band a while back, but Sam's the only one of us with any talent, so that's a no-go. But we've never dated or anything. Just friends."
"Oh," said Penny. "It's getting late. I'd better be going."
"I don't have to work tomorrow," said Sebastian.
"But I do -- Vincent and Jas will expect me at the library at 9 am."
"Tomorrow evening?"
"I don't know," said Penny. "It might be better if I just stayed and did my course work at the library. They do have computers there, you know."
Sebastian opened his mouth to object and then closed it again. He didn't want to scare Penny off.

star208.jpg
But scaring Penny off was exactly what Abigail wanted to do. Early the next morning she showed up at the trailer.
"You are not going to come between me and Sebastian," she said. "I know exactly what's going on."
"But --"
"And don't try to deny it. I saw the two of you canoodling in the bowling alley last night. He and I are destined for each other. Understand?"
Abigail left before Penny could say that Sebastian had told her they were just friends. But what if they weren't? What if Sebastian had lied to her? Would Abigail really be so angry if she and Sebastian were only just friends? One thing Penny knew -- she was definitely using the library's computer this evening. No way would she go see Sebastian, not even if Maru called her.

star211.jpg
After leaving Penny, Abigail ran into the other member of her band, Sam Marsh. "Do you know what that little minx Penny has been up to?"
"Penny Bibbler?" Sam asked. "Minx" was not the first word that came to mind when describing Penny.
"Oh, I know you think she's a goody two-shoes," said Abigail, "but she's trying to break up Sebastian's relationship with me."
Sam shook his head. "I think the only thing Sebastian has a relationship with is his computer."
"Which is something we share," said Abigail. "That's an interest we have in common. Similar interests are the best foundation for a relationship. That's what all the magazines say."
Yeah. but those magazines are written by women, Sam thought. He knew better than to say anything to Abigail though.
"I've got a bit of news for you," he said. Long experience had taught him that deflection was the only way to get Abigail out of one of her rants. "My dad says the Gotoros have finally signed a peace treaty with the Selvadoradians."
Abigail pretended to yawn. "And that's interesting because?"
"Because it means that tourists can now go to Selvadorada and look for treasure. Or go and learn some of their folk songs, which is what I'm planning to do. If you're up for it, we could go halves on the expenses."
Abigail's eyes brightened. "Yes, let's do that," she said. "And I'll send Sebastian a postcard just to let him know that I don't miss him at all."