Author Topic: Sims from Stardew Valley (Finished)  (Read 44674 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new March 25)
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2018, 11:55:45 AM »
Oof. Emily's attitude makes me sad, but I'm glad she came to spend at least an hour or two with her daughter.
Cupcake is darling. I love the shots of her with Maddy and with Clint.
Clint is an adorable father! He makes such a good pirate. Nice shot of him leaping into the air! He really puts his heart into it. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new March 25)
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2018, 02:11:38 PM »
2.3.2 Week One: Betancourts

sd2.3.203.jpg
Gunther Rowley was thrilled when he discovered that the old JojaMart in Magnolia Promenade was up for sale -- and at such a cheap price, too. The old museum was limited in space, and Gunther had decided that it might be better for works of art. He immediately renamed it Pelican Town Natural History Museum, and started filling its empty shelves.

sd2.3.201.jpg
Some items he found by digging in the park. There seemed to be a lot of fossils in Desert Bloom Park.

sd2.3.208.jpg
Jeffrey enjoyed going to the park with him and would play pirates all day if he had the choice.

sd2.3.206.jpg
Gunther also found out about other good sites by talking to the old hermit, Linus Pepper. He assured Linus that he would come prospecting as soon as Jeffrey was old enough to go to school.

sd2.3.204.jpg
It didn't take Gunther long to start filling up the shelves. Besides fossils and crystals, he was also collecting metals and frogs. He intended to branch out to insects, fish, and feathers as soon as he could travel a bit more.

sd2.3.205.jpg
Right now his collecting trips were mostly limited to festivals in San Myshuno. He picked up a couple of fossils at the Flea Market one day. Jeffrey came along and listened to someone play the guitar.

sd2.3.209.jpg
Gunther also took Jeffrey to GeekCon, not because he expected to find collectibles there but so he could have a little fun that didn't involve reading about a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

sd2.3.207.jpg
Meanwhile Elliott was working on his first book of poetry, A Beachside Cottage. He hoped it would be his breakout hit, the book that made him a household name -- among teen Sims at least. Although Gunther hoped for the best for Elliott, he also hoped that the book was only mildly popular. Their beachside cottage, while charming, was cramped for space, and Gunther feared that if it was immortalized in poetry, Elliott might never wish to move.

sd2.3.202.jpg
Despite having to work and write, Elliott did manage to find time to spend with Jeffrey -- usually at meals.

sd2.3.211.jpg
"He actually laughed at my joke," Elliott reported to Gunther one morning.
"It might not mean anything," said Gunther. "It's pretty easy to get him to laugh."

sd2.3.210.jpg
Elliott and Gunther had only rare moments when they could be alone together. "Is this what you envisioned back when we met in the Stardrop Saloon?" asked Gunther.
Elliott laughed. "This is, yes -- having a leisurely breakfast together while we listen to the waves lapping against the shore. The toddler, the puppy, and the laundry room, no. I'm not complaining -- far from it -- I just never expected that cleaning potty chairs and wiping poo off my shoes would be part of my 'happy ever after.'"
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new March 27)
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2018, 06:54:03 PM »
Another sweet family Bravo on turning the Jojamart into a museum! A perfect repurposing!
So glad Elliot's happy, even if life isn't quite as he expected. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new March 27)
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2018, 02:00:56 PM »
2.3.3 Week One: Bibblers

sd2.3.302.jpg
Right after Sebastian left for work, Penny picked up Amy and took her to the park.

sd2.3.303.jpg
Amy enjoyed sliding as long as Penny was there to catch her.

sd2.3.301.jpg
After a couple of times on the slide, Amy suddenly remembered something she was supposed to say: "Go, Mommy!"
And Penny took off for the nearest restroom.

sd2.3.306.jpg
Over the next few days, Penny concentrated on making Amy acquainted with the rest of the family. On one day she met her Grandmother Robin and her Uncle Steve, who was about the same age she was. She also met their puppy, Sooty.

sd2.3.305.jpg
The next day Penny took her to meet her Aunt Maru and cousin Gus. Neither Amy nor Gus wanted to talk to each other, but Penny and Maru figured that would change soon.

sd2.3.304.jpg
That left only two family members for Amy to become acquainted with. The first was her father.

sd2.3.315.jpg
"Sebastian, your daughter's childhood is speeding by, and you're going to miss it if you spend all your time on the computer," Penny complained.
"You sound like my mother," said Sebastian, "but you're right. How about I spend some time with her as soon as I get home from work?"

sd2.3.310.jpg
"You daddy doll," Amy ordered him. "You go work now." Sebastian reflected that maybe Penny had been right to insist he spend more time with Amy.

sd2.3.309.jpg
And Sebastian was much impressed with how much Amy knew about dinosaurs. It didn't take Sebastian long to become Amy's favorite -- along with her mother, of course.

sd2.3.312.jpg
The other, more difficult, family member was Penny's mother. Penny had agreed with Sebastian that it was a good idea to live across the street from Pam in case she had an accident (translation: passed out after imbibing too much juice and broke something), but there were times when Penny felt that the closest she wanted to live to her mother was on the other side of the universe. Still, she knew it was right that Pam have a chance to get to know her granddaughter. So when Pam called and said, "Hey, you've been taking the kid to see everyone else. When were you going to come over here?", Penny said, "Why don't you come see us instead?"
As long as her mother didn't have access to a juice bar, Penny thought things would go okay.

sd2.3.311.jpg
But any hope that Penny had that her mother would be a doting grandmother quickly faded. "Her coordination is terrible," Pam remarked, when Amy came over to meet her.
"She's a toddler, Mom," said Penny. "They toddle. That's where the word comes from."

sd2.3.313.jpg
Penny urged Amy to show Pam the toy that she'd sent her for her birthday. "Zoom, zoom!" said Amy. "Carriages don't fly," Pam corrected.

sd2.3.314.jpg
And when Pam commented that only messy little girls used their hands instead of a spoon for cereal, Penny realized that Amy was not bonding with her grandmother. When she lifted Amy out of the high chair, her normally angelic child went into her bedroom and hit her stuffed animal. Penny couldn't tell her mother to leave, but it was a relief when Pam decided to go.

sd2.3.307.jpg
Over the weekend, when Sebastian was home, Penny (and Amy) hosted a toddler playdate. Gustav (in the hoodie) and Uncle Steve (blue hat) were both invited. After a couple of hours of playing on the slide and eating, Penny found that she'd hosted a gold star party. The prize was BamCo's All-Inclusive Toddler Jungle Gym. There wasn't room for it in the front yard -- there was barely room for the slide, so she and Sebastian sold it.

sd2.3.308.jpg
The first thing they got was a block set for Amy. She couldn't build anything yet, but she could play with whatever they built -- assuming that Penny and Sebastian could decipher the instructions.

sd2.3.317.jpg
The second thing they got was a kitten, Prissy, or "Pwissy" as Amy called her. The woman from the shelter was also able to produce a little town square with the blocks.

sd2.3.318.jpg
Prissy is a British shorthair and an affectionate and frisky free spirit. That means she might go out at night and bring home some surprises.

sd2.3.316.jpg
Amy was delighted with the kitten and gave Sebastian a big hug when he came home from work. "T'ank oo, Daddy," she said. Penny beamed. Apparently the lessons that she had been giving in manners were actually taking hold.

sd2.3.319.jpg
"I'm so proud of you," Penny told her.
"I'm pwoud of me too," said Amy.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (new March 30)
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2018, 06:56:31 PM »
Pam is more of a handful than the toddler! I'm glad Amy's retained her self-esteem and positive attitude even if she's not exactly clicking with her grandma.
Sebastian and Amy at the dollhouse killed me. Kiddos do know how to twist the knife when they want to! In the end, though, a very sweet and happy family. I really enjoyed reading about them.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2018, 08:37:52 PM »
Glad you enjoyed them! Pam has the mean trait. I don't know what she said to Amy, but it was obviously something any Sim would find offensive.
I'm enjoying each family so far, and I'm glad that it's not a rival dynasty challenge.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2018, 08:06:57 PM »
Penny's realization that Pam and little Amy were not bonding and the corresponding screenshot are really rather gorgeous. I agree that some life stages are just too long so it's neat seeing how you handle this within your rotations.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2018, 08:55:34 PM »
Penny's realization that Pam and little Amy were not bonding and the corresponding screenshot are really rather gorgeous. I agree that some life stages are just too long so it's neat seeing how you handle this within your rotations.

I'd never seen Amy's expression on any toddler before (most of mine aren't exposed to mean Sims). I think it comes from the "Lecture" interaction.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2018, 01:28:14 PM »
2.3.4 Week One: Carpenters

sd2.3.403.jpg
"The puppy is adorable," Robin began a conversation one evening.

sd2.3.402.jpg
"Yes, now that I've taught him not to wake us up," agreed Demetrius.

sd2.3.0408.jpg
"And Stephen is a little darling," continued Robin.

sd2.3.401.jpg
"Yes, although he's still a bit slow on learning the elements," said Demetrius. "He keeps calling everything goobleck."
"Elements!" said Robin. "He hasn't even learned the alphabet yet."
"Chemistry is the basis for everything," Demetrius reminded her.

sd2.3.404.jpg
"And he and Sooty are absolutely adorable together," said Robin, "but --"

sd2.3.406.jpg
"--but?" Demetrius realized that he should have seen something coming, but he couldn't guess what it might be.
"It would be so lovely to have another child in the house," said Robin.
"I guess we could adopt..."
"No, I want it to be our child. We'll still love Stephen just as much, but he needs a brother."

sd2.3.405.jpg
When Robin wanted something, she usually got it.

sd2.3.407.jpg
And sometimes she got more than she bargained for.

sd2.3.0409.jpg
Before long, there were three toddlers in the house. Besides Stephen, there was Arthur...

sd2.3.0410.jpg
...and Walter.

sd2.3.0411.jpg
"So why did you and Dad decide to adopt two more children?" Maru asked when she came over one afternoon. "I can understand you wanting a brother for Stephen, but why two?"
"They were twins," Robin explained. "We didn't want to break them up."

sd2.3.0412.jpg
"Wait a minute," said Maru. "Twins? One of whom looks just like Dad and the other resembles you? They're yours, aren't they."
"Now don't get upset, dear," said Robin. "I realize that you might feel embarrassed about your old mother and dad having more children..."
"I'm upset that my old mother and dad thought it necessary to lie to me," said Maru. "Sebastian's the one who suffers from sibling rivalry, not me."
"About Sebastian -- I'd rather you didn't say anything but let me tell him in my own time."
"When the twins are in their forties?" asked Maru. "But I'll keep my mouth shut. Only he might just notice the family resemblance."

sd2.3.0416.jpg
With three toddlers and a puppy inside the house, things became a little more chaotic. Sooty might have been taught not to wake others up and to go pee outside, but toddler messes were irresistible.

sd2.3.0413.jpg
Demetrius was happy that he could escape to work. Nothing much ever happened there -- he chatted with his colleagues and tended the garden, upgraded his SimRay and...

sd2.3.0414.jpg
...and attempted to make a serum. Fortunately he was able to extinguish himself before too much damage was done. His lab coat was toast, though.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (Apr 3)
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2018, 02:39:17 PM »
Maru's face! Do adults get the angry "unwanted sibling" moodlet, too?
The boys are so adorable. I can't blame Robin for wanting more. Nor do I blame Sooty for taking advantage of the toddler messes. Who could resist?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »
Maru's face! Do adults get the angry "unwanted sibling" moodlet, too?
The boys are so adorable. I can't blame Robin for wanting more. Nor do I blame Sooty for taking advantage of the toddler messes. Who could resist?

I was wondering if Maru had that moodlet. She wasn't under my control, though, so I couldn't see.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2018, 09:21:02 PM »
Just caught up! I know nothing about Stardew Valley, but I'm enjoying this story very much!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2018, 01:45:23 PM »
Just caught up! I know nothing about Stardew Valley, but I'm enjoying this story very much!

I highly recommend the Stardew Valley game. At $15, it's a bargain, and Carl has a guide for it.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2018, 12:27:21 PM »
2.3.5 Week One: Farmers

sd2.3.0503.jpg
For a while, everything was normal at Tildy's house. She tended her garden carefully, and she now had orchids, pomegranates, and dragon fruit. She didn't know why the orchids and pomegranates were necessary, but Rasmodius had been insistent that she develop them.

sd2.3.0506.jpg
Valerie threw the occasional tantrum, but was happy most of the time.

sd2.3.0507.jpg
Rasmodius often helped her wind down by reading to her from her favorite book Princess Plumbob's Castle.

sd2.3.0501.jpg
He also took care of the Junimos, making sure they were happy. "Never underestimate the little spirits," he often said. "Without them, our world would be a bleaker place."

sd2.3.0502.jpg
Guinimo was a great traveler, even attending the climate change talks in Paris.

sd2.3.0504.jpg
The others were more into partying, but Rasmodius said that the strains of their music helped make the garden grow.

sd2.3.0505.jpg
One day Rasmodius sat down next to Tildy and started rubbing her shoulders. "There's something I need to tell you," he said. "It's something I should have told you a long time ago, and I hope you'll forgive me when I've finished. My only excuse is that I never even dreamed that this problem would come up."

sd2.3.0508.jpg
"What are you talking about?" demanded Tildy. "Are you planning on leaving us? Do you have another family? What?"
"None of the above," said Rasmodius. "But I've never told you why I became a wizard.

sd2.3.0509.jpg
"I grew up in a dark hollow, far away, to the southeast of the medieval city of Windenburg," he began.

sd2.3.0510.jpg
"I never knew my parents. I was raised by my elder brother, Vladislaus. He had some fame as an organist in the early part of the last century. Vladislaus Straud -- perhaps you've heard of him?"
Tildy shook her head.
"A pity," said Rasmodius. "It would make my task easier if you had. The other thing that Vladislaus was noted for was that he was rumored to be a vampire."
"A vampire?"

sd2.3.0512.jpg
"The rumors were true," said Rasmodius. "Until well into adulthood, I thought it was natural to have the cravings of a monster, natural to own a stable of serfs to satisfy one's hunger. Vladislaus assured me that he and I were simply a part of the Metacreator's great plan, and I was willing to listen."

sd2.3.0511.jpg
He paused and took a breath. "But one day I traveled to Windenburg and met people there who considered vampires to be monsters. I met a woman who refused to marry me because of what I was. At that moment I resolved to leave my brother and seek a cure for vampirism. By the time I found one, the woman was a grandmother, of course. Since then, I have devoted my life to finding ways to regain the powers I had as a vampire. It never occurred to me that --"

sd2.3.0514.jpg
"That what?" asked Tildy.
"That vampirism could be inherited."
"No." Tildy could hardly breathe. "Not Valerie."

sd2.3.0513.jpg
"I'm almost entirely sure that she is," said Rasmodius. "You might not have noticed, but a bat flew through the room when she was born. But the taint won't manifest itself until she's a teen, and I do know a cure. It's just that we won't be able to have any more children."

sd2.3.0515.jpg
Tildy didn't wait to hear more. She left the house in shock. Valerie a vampire? No more children?

sd2.3.0516.jpg
She couldn't, wouldn't believe that her perfectly ordinary little girl would grow up to be a monster. Her perfectly ordinary little girl who liked to bite her books.

sd2.3.0517.jpg
It took Tildy several days to process everything that Rasmodius had told her. There was a cure, but what if Valerie didn't want a cure? Would she be a lonely monster forever?
One day Tildy went to consult the guardian of the wishing well. He was usually grumpy and never granted Rasmodius anything he asked for, but he was sometimes kind to Tildy.
"Haven't seen you in a while," he said.
"It's expensive raising a child," said Tildy. "We haven't had the money to give you the offerings you deserve. Anyway --"
"Don't say it," said the guardian. "Don't ask me for a child."
"How did you know I was going to do that?" asked Tildy.
"Give me credit for some intelligence," said the guardian. "I know your daughter's a vampire. I know you don't want her to be lonely. Ergo, you're thinking maybe that nice well could cough up a child who would be her companion but not be a vampire. But the way I'm feeling the child would more likely be a ghost or evil. Is that really what you want?"
"No," said Tildy. "But --"
"Look, Rasmo isn't my favorite person, but he is a good wizard. If he says he can make a cure, then he can. Go ahead and have another kid of your own. It'll work out."

sd2.3.0519.jpg
Tildy went back to the house and woke up Rasmodius. "If you can cure Valerie, then you can cure other children too, right?"
"It's not that simple," said Rasmodius. "She's going to have to want to be cured. I'm not going to force it on her or anyone."
"Even so," said Tildy, "I think we should go ahead and have another child."

sd2.3.0518.jpg
Soon after that, she found out she was pregnant again.

sd2.3.0520.jpg
Meanwhile, the object of all this parental concern was busy redecorating her bedroom. "No more pink!" she insisted. "Hate pink, Mommy! Want red!"

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (Apr 9)
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2018, 01:23:31 PM »
What a twist! Sweet little book-biting Valerie, a vampire?
Loved the wizard's backstory. REALLY loved the conversation with the well. What a character!
I'm very, very glad they've decided to go ahead and have another baby.
Also the Junimo hamsters made me chuckle.
A very enjoyable update all around!