Author Topic: Sims from Stardew Valley (Finished)  (Read 45030 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (Apr 9)
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2018, 02:48:00 PM »
Ooo!  Didn't see that coming!  Love Rasmodius's backstory ^^

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2018, 09:23:22 AM »
Oh wow! Totally blindsided by that one! Ras and Vlad as brothers... Hmm... It kinda makes sense in a weird way lol

I'd love to get SDV but even $15 is way out of my ballpark 🙁
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2018, 08:27:32 PM »
2.3.6 Week One: Harveys

sd2.3.0608.jpg
Leah Harvey was not happy. She reminded herself that she had many reasons to be happy: a wonderful husband, a lovely home, and free time so she could paint...

sd2.3.0611.jpg
...an adorable daughter, Kathy...

sd2.3.0601.jpg
...and two darling puppies -- Itsy, a Bernese Mountain Dog, and Bitsy, an Irish Wolfhound.

sd2.3.0602.jpg
Kathy and the puppies together were enough to put a big smile on anyone's face.

sd2.3.0604.jpg
And even though the puppies had become dogs, they were still cute, Bitsy submitting to Kathy's pats,

sd2.3.0605.jpg
Itsy curling up for a nap in her room while Kathy got her bedtime story.

sd2.3.0607.jpg
Even so -- "I'm so glad you came over," Leah told Gunther. "I'm desperate to converse with someone in a language other than babble or bark."
"I know the feeling," said Gunther, "although Coco tends to squeak rather than bark. So how's the painting going?"

sd2.3.0616.jpg
"Don't ask," Leah said with a shudder. "It took me weeks to finish the last one. It turned out well, but at the rate I'm going, it'll be years before I have enough for an exhibition."

sd2.3.0609.jpg
"Does it bother you that you don't have much time for painting?" Gunther asked. He could tell that something was bothering Leah. Her smile didn't quite reach her eyes, and she kept fidgeting with the end of her braid.
"No. Yes. No, not really," said Leah. "The problem is Frank. I honestly think the only reason he married me was so he could check off the box that read 'Wife.'"
"Have you asked him about this?" said Gunther.
"There's never any time," said Leah.

sd2.3.0610.jpg
"Much of the day he's at work -- which is okay," said Leah. "I know doctors work long hours."

sd2.3.0615.jpg
She continued, "And he does try to make time for Kathy.

sd2.3.0617.jpg

sd2.3.0606.jpg
"And of course, the dogs insist that they get their walks. He takes Itsy, and I take Bitsy or vice versa."

sd2.3.0614.jpg
Leah sighed. "I try not to be jealous of his 'wellness' club. I know he needs the exercise, after all. Maybe I'd like it better if the members weren't all middle-aged women who think he's wonderful..."
"Would it help if I joined?" Gunther asked. "Yoga would probably be good for me, and I don't have any feelings about Frank one way or the other."
Leah gave a brittle laugh.

sd2.3.0613.jpg
"I guess what really annoys me is that he has time for everyone else's problems," said Leah. "People just drop in, and when I ask him what it was about, he tells me it's confidential. Like I can't figure out that Kent probably has PTSD because of the war with the Gotoros."
"Frank is the closest we have to a psychotherapist in town," said Gunther.

sd2.3.0612.jpg
"I know," said Leah. "I consulted him myself. And maybe that's why I don't like it that Emily Hudson keeps coming over."
Gunther laughed.
"What?" said Leah, indignant.
"A. Emily's no competition for you," said Gunther. "And B. If Frank doesn't have enough time for you, he certainly is not going to have enough time for a girlfriend. Why don't you pencil yourself in as one of his appointments?"
"I suppose I could do that," said Leah. "Thanks, Gunther."
"No problem," he said. "Now if I could just figure out how to tear Elliott away from his word processor..."
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (Apr 12)
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2018, 12:38:45 AM »
Aww, poor Leah. It's no fun to feel like a checked-off requirement. And Frank really does need to make some time just for her. Get your priorities straight, Dr. Harvey!
Nice that Gunther stopped by for some adult conversation, though, and I really like Leah's painting!
At least the puppies (and the toddler) are adorable! I have friends who are obsessed with Bernese Mountain Dogs. Fun to see one in sim-action. :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2018, 04:14:45 PM »
Oh dear.  Poor Leah.  It can be quite easy to get used to a routine.  When family becomes a "routine" though, it can cause issues.  Glad Gunther was there to cheer her up.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2018, 05:00:57 PM »
Aww, poor Leah. It's no fun to feel like a checked-off requirement. And Frank really does need to make some time just for her. Get your priorities straight, Dr. Harvey!
Nice that Gunther stopped by for some adult conversation, though, and I really like Leah's painting!
At least the puppies (and the toddler) are adorable! I have friends who are obsessed with Bernese Mountain Dogs. Fun to see one in sim-action. :)

Glad you liked Leah's painting. My husband and I drove past a Bernese Mountain Dog that looked just like Itsy this afternoon. He quite obviously didn't want to go in the same direction as his "owner." Not sure who won.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2018, 01:13:59 PM »
2.3.7 Week One: Lewis

sd2.3.0702.jpg
My name is Jas Lewis. It used to be Jas Maldonado, like my Aunt Marnie, but when she married Uncle Ted, he decided to adopt me, so it's Jas Lewis now. I don't know much about my mother, except that she was Aunt Marnie's sister. And I don't know anything about my father. Aunt Marnie says she'll tell me more when I get older.
Aunt Marnie and Uncle Ted have decided to have a baby. For a while they were worried about what I would think (I wasn't supposed to know this, but I have very good hearing), but Uncle Ted said that as long as I know that they love me, I should be okay.

sd2.3.0706.jpg
And I am okay about the baby, because I have a kitten. His name is Simkit, and he loves me best.

sd2.3.0701.jpg
He's a Siamese cat, but not too noisy.

sd2.3.0704.jpg
He used to yowl to wake us up, though, but I scolded him, and that made him stop.

sd2.3.0703.jpg
I made a picture of a fish for him, but Simkit doesn't pay too much attention to it. Maybe that's because it's scary -- a shark with teeth.

sd2.3.0705.jpg
It's my job to clean out his litter box. Aunt M and Uncle T say it will help teach me responsibility.

sd2.3.0709.jpg
I don't really like learning responsibility when it involves cleaning up the park. (Okay, I made the mess, so I guess it's fair that I should clean it up.)

sd2.3.0708.jpg
Doing beach clean-up with Uncle Ted was more fun, even though it wasn't a mess I'd made. But lots of other kids were there, and it was nice being at the beach.

sd2.3.0710.jpg
It's more fun playing pirates, though.

sd2.3.0707.jpg
Sometimes when Uncle Ted gets up in the morning, he looks sad. He says he's not sad, just stiff and achy from being old.

sd2.3.0711.jpg
Aunt Marnie finally had a baby, a little boy named Marlon. They're going to have to change the wallpaper in his room, though, because I don't think his favorite color will be purple, like mine.

sd2.3.0712.jpg
Uncle Ted is really happy about Marlon. I'd been kind of hoping Aunt Marnie would have a little girl, but I think it's better that she had a boy. Since Uncle Ted and Aunt Marnie already had me, they didn't really need another girl. Uncle Ted says we're a big happy family now, but Aunt Marnie says we need a bigger house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (Apr 16)
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2018, 01:39:38 PM »
I love getting Jas's perspective on things. She's an excellent narrator. She seems like an observant, level-headed little girl. And responsible, too! I chuckled about her good hearing.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2018, 02:22:56 PM »
Jas is adorable!  I love little Simkit.  Hehehe, her explanation of the picture is priceless.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2018, 02:27:52 PM »
2.3.8 Week One: Maldonado

sd2.3.0802.jpg
One thing Maru hadn't expected was how bored she would get making soothing serums for stressed animals. Mixing chemicals wasn't the same as making things. Perhaps she should have become a scientist like her father, except that he spent much of his time mixing chemicals, too.

sd2.3.0803.jpg
Reading to Gus was more enjoyable. She couldn't help wondering, though, how he would feel when he discovered that dinosaurs didn't exist any more, and that T-Rexes had never been orange and kindly.

sd2.3.0801.jpg
And it worried Maru a little that Shane had taken up ice cream when he'd quit drinking.

sd2.3.0804.jpg
"Isn't there a weight you're supposed to maintain as an astronaut?" she couldn't help asking one evening. Gus was in bed for the night; Cookie was sitting on Shane's foot.
"There is," he agreed, "and that's something I've been meaning to tell you -- I'm thinking about quitting. I don't fit in with the other guys -- they're all squeaky clean and geeky."
"I'm kind of squeaky clean and geeky," said Maru.
"I know," said Shane, "and I love it when it's you. But if I hear one more guy who's supposedly an adult complain about a video game when there's so much suffering in the world, I'm going to freak out. Anyway, GeekCon is tomorrow. I was thinking I might take the day off and stay home with Gus so you could go."
"Me?" said Maru. "But--"
"You've been looking a little stressed lately, like your happiness bucket needs filling."
"I'm perfectly happy," Maru objected.
Shane didn't say anything but just raised an eyebrow.

sd2.3.0805.jpg
So Shane took a day off. "I'll be doing a sweep at GeekCon," his boss told him. "Anyone from our team I find there is going to be in big trouble."
"You won't find me, sir," said Shane.

sd2.3.0806.jpg
Maru entered the rocket ship feeling excited and apprehensive. She thought she would enjoy going into space, but what if it turned out that she suffered from space sickness? And what if she loved it so much that she wanted to go again and again?

sd2.3.0807.jpg
When she returned a few hours later, she knew that she'd found her dream job. Despite the cramped quarters, the noise, the smoke, and the smell of rocket fuel, space travel was incredibly wonderful.

sd2.3.0808.jpg
"And I actually found something," she gushed to Shane. "This alien asked me to hide something at the refueling station. Probably I shouldn't have done it, but I did, and when he left, he gave me this rock. Isn't it gorgeous?"

sd2.3.0810.jpg
"Not as gorgeous as my happy and excited wife," said Shane. "Now don't you think you'd rather be an astronaut than a veterinarian?"
Maru nodded. "I'll have to wait until Gus starts school, though. And I would like to have another child -- a little girl this time. I don't think they let you go into space when you're pregnant. And it's not easy to get into the program. I know Dad had to pull some strings for you."
"I do appreciate your dad doing that for me," said Shane. "That Joja Mart job was killing me. But I like animals, and I think I'd make a good vet. Why don't you take Gus to your parents' tomorrow and see what they'd think about you and me switching jobs?"

sd2.3.0811.jpg
Robin, Maru's mother, thought it would be great if she became the first woman astronaut, and reminded her that she had a project to finish on the workbench.

sd2.3.0812.jpg
Demetrius thought it was a great idea, too. "I have no doubt that you'll boldly go where no one's gone before," he said.

sd2.3.0813.jpg
Maru couldn't wait to share the news with Shane. "Okay, I let Mom and Dad talk me into it. Just as soon as I have this baby, I'll start working."

sd2.3.0814.jpg
That night some gremlins attacked. Maru worked on one bathroom, while Shane made hasty repairs in the other.

sd2.3.0815.jpg
He also called a plumber to deal with the appliances in the kitchen. With the refrigerator, the stove, the dishwasher, the washing machine, and the dryer all emitting sparks and puddles, the situation called for an expert, which neither he nor Maru was.

sd2.3.0816.jpg
The next afternoon, once Shane had gone to work, Maru took Gus and Cookie to the Brindleton Bay vet for Cookie's vaccinations.

sd2.3.0817.jpg
To her surprise, she ran into Dr. Harvey. "Fine little fellow you have there," he said. "He looks about the same age as my daughter Kathy."
"Yes," Maru agreed, feeling awkward.
"I've got a test that can help you find out whether you're going to have a boy or girl," he continued.
"I'm pretty sure it will be a girl," said Maru. "I've been listening to a lot of pop music lately."
"Well, try eating some strawberries, too," he said. "It might be an old wives' tale, but sometimes those old wives knew what they were talking about."

sd2.3.0818.jpg
Maru couldn't help feeling relieved when she got home and was able to change into her grungy overalls. She didn't know how she felt about seeing Dr. Harvey again, and she didn't want to think about the encounter. Trying to teach Cookie how to fetch (didn't every dog know? But apparently not Cookie) was a welcome distraction.

sd2.3.0819.jpg
It didn't take long for Gus's little sister Wendy to make her appearance. And as soon as she became a toddler, Maru would be able to start working.

sd2.3.0824.jpg
"Are you sure you're ready to handle being a stay-at-home dad and vet?" Maru asked Shane the night before she was due to start work.

sd2.3.0821.jpg
"You won't be able to spend as much time watching TV in your man cave," she warned.

sd2.3.0822.jpg
"Gus can be out the door and down the street in no time at all. And now that he's been potty trained, he can get out before you even realize he's not in bed anymore," she added.

sd2.3.0823.jpg
"Cookie loves getting baths, and he'll roll in trash just to make himself dirty so he can have one."

sd2.3.0820.jpg
"And there's no telling what mischief Wendy will get into now that she's mobile."
"We'll all be fine," Shane assured her. "And I've made a big batch of chocolate ice cream to help me get through the day. Just make sure you check the tail pipe of your rocket before taking off."
"Why?" asked Maru.
"People have been known to stuff a potato in there as a prank," he said.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (Apr 21)
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2018, 03:06:47 PM »
2.3.9 Week One: Marsh

sd2.3.0901.jpg
All the time that Kent was off fighting the Gotoros, Jodi was a regular at the Little Church on the Corner.* Sometimes she sang in the choir, sometimes she played the organ, and sometimes she preached a sermon.

sd2.3.0902.jpg
One day Jodi had some glad tidings to announce. "Praise be to the Watcher!" she declared. "My husband Kent will soon be home from the war -- for good!"

sd2.3.0903.jpg
"Praise be!" shouted everyone in the congregation. Jodi was pleased to see that Leah Harvey and Alex O'Brien were among them even though their spouses were absent. Leah's husband, she knew, was at the hospital, and eight a.m. was much too early for Alex's wife Haley.

sd2.3.0905.jpg
When Kent came home, it took him a while to calm down after being under fire for so long. Sometimes he would get angry for no reason. Jodi and Vincent both tried to stay out of his way then. Kent never did more than yell, but that was upsetting enough.

sd2.3.0906.jpg
One morning Jodi had some news for Kent. "The Watcher has told me that I'm going to have another baby," she said.
"A baby?" Kent replied. "But we're both grand-parents."
"That doesn't mean we're too old to have another child," said Jodi. "I'm hoping for a girl this time. Oh, and the Watcher says she's found you a job."

sd2.3.0907.jpg
Sure enough, Kent got the call next day to join the county-wide police force. At first his duties were almost embarrassingly light -- keeping an eye on a crime scene at a cafe one day...

sd2.3.0908.jpg
... taking mugshots...

sd2.3.0921.jpg
...and impounding contraband from elderly suspects the next.

sd2.3.0909.jpg
But at least they paid him to exercise so he could stay in shape, which was fine with Kent.

sd2.3.0913.jpg
At home, Jodi gave birth to a baby girl whom they named Bethany.

sd2.3.0920.jpg
It didn't take long for Bethany to emerge from the bassinet and make her presence felt.

sd2.3.0915.jpg
She was a happy child, but a wild one. Neither Jodi nor Kent was quick enough to catch her cereal bowl before she sent it flying.

sd2.3.0916.jpg
And she didn't hesitate to go running to meet Kent in her pajamas. (Although it could be worse, he reflected. At least she was wearing some clothing.)

sd2.3.0917.jpg
Vincent was growing like a weed. He was fast enough to catch up to Bethany, but he didn't always notice when she took off.

sd2.3.0919.jpg
Kent had bought him a Voidcritters Battle Station when he came back from the war.

sd2.3.0918.jpg
One evening, Kent noticed Vincent climbing out of a dumpster.
"What do you think you're doing?" he demanded. "Your mother has enough laundry to do without you adding to the pile."

sd2.3.0914.jpg
"I was trying to find a new voidcritter," Vincent explained. "The Wisp is okay, but it's the kind of critter that girls like."
"Some of the best soldiers in my battalion were women," said Kent, "but I'll see what I can find for you."

sd2.3.0910.jpg
At work, Kent's responsibilities were increasing. One day he arrested an elderly homeless man who'd been bedding down at an upscale restaurant. "Come along, buster," he said. "You're headed for a month in jail."
"^(&(!" The old man replied.
"Two months, then," said Kent.
"#%#%!" said the old man.
"All right, three months," said Kent, "but no more, or you'll only get a week."

sd2.3.0911.jpg
The next day, Kent extracted a confession from a teen-aged girl who'd been caught spraying grafitti on the Community Center.
"I've got a toddler daughter at home who knows better than to do that," he scolded her.

sd2.3.0912.jpg
This wasn't quite true. Bethany had been told repeatedly not to make messes, but the message hadn't gotten through yet.

sd2.3.0904.jpg
For once, Kent had a Sunday off, so the whole family went to the Little Church with Jodi. Nice music, other adults to keep an eye on the children -- Kent just wished the pews were a little more comfortable. He was always afraid of impaling himself on the sharp-pointed back when he fell asleep during the sermon.

*Credit goes to AthenaGoddess9 for her Little White Church.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (Apr 24)
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2018, 11:44:33 AM »
2.3.10 Week One: Mullner

sd2.3.1004.jpg
The main reason that Evelyn Mullner was glad Haley had moved in with them was that it meant Alex wasn't moving out.

sd2.3.1001.jpg
She had done her best to make Haley welcome by planting sunflowers in front. "Sunflowers! My fave!" Haley had gushed, but she wasn't interested enough in flowers to help with the gardening. As far as Evelyn could tell, Haley's main interest was in changing her clothes several times a day, which meant more laundry to do.

sd2.3.1005.jpg
It was okay for George -- he was just happy to have another person around to beat at cards.

sd2.3.1014.jpg
Evelyn did try to make allowances for Haley. When her parents first came to the Valley, they'd been thrilled with how charming, how laid-back, how rustic it all was, but they'd decided to start traveling as soon as Emily was old enough to be considered an adult. (And yes, that might be why Emily was leaving her darling little girl with Clint, the girl's father.) The only parenting Haley had gotten from them came in postcards, and those mostly said things like "Riverview is lovely this time of year. Horace caught a deathfish -- ugly thing!"

sd2.3.1002.jpg
But there was another reason Evelyn was glad Haley had moved in with them: a small person named Cody. "Cody?" Evelyn had asked Alex. "What kind of name is that?"
"Haley thought it sounded cool," Alex had said.
Evelyn didn't approve. "Cool" was for nicknames. Names were supposed to mean something, to honor someone, to give children a name to grow into. With a name like Cody, the child would never be president. A reality TV star maybe, but nothing solid like a doctor or lawyer.

sd2.3.1006.jpg
He was a cute little fellow, nonetheless, grabbing her trowel to "help" with the garden.

sd2.3.1009.jpg
George enjoyed keeping an eye on him, too.

sd2.3.1007.jpg
This wasn't to say that Cody was left entirely to the care of his great-grandparents. Alex was always ready to roughhouse with him, making him squeal with delight by pretending to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

sd2.3.1008.jpg
And Haley was quick to scold when Cody threw his food on the floor (but not so quick to clean up. She obviously thought the Watcher or someone would take care of the mess.)

sd2.3.1010.jpg
It didn't take long for Haley to get pregnant again. Of course Alex had a panic attack when she went into labor.

sd2.3.1012.jpg
Haley swore she was never going to go back to the hospital. "Can you believe the doctor took out my heart by mistake?" she complained.

sd2.3.1011.jpg
"And what was Alex doing all the time I was giving birth?" Haley continued. "Working out, that's what. And he had the nerve to say we should get a treadmill like the hospital's."

sd2.3.1013.jpg
Fortunately Cody was delighted by the prospect of having a baby sister to play with.

sd2.3.1015.jpg
A baby sister named Evelyn. Make that three good things about having Haley in the house.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (Apr 28)
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2018, 08:37:27 PM »
2.3.11 Week One: Soriano

sd2.3.1101.jpg
No one was more delighted than Abigail when she, Sam, and Raina moved into an apartment in the city. "It's perfect for us!" she exclaimed. "Look at that purple couch. We're going to love it here."
Privately Sam thought it might be too small, especially after Raina's younger brother or sister was born. But it was closer to the nightclub where he worked for him, and if Abigail was happy, he was happy.

sd2.3.1102.jpg
For a while, Abigail was busy working on the artifacts she'd brought back from Selvadorada.

sd2.3.1103.jpg
Once she'd finished with the artifacts, though, she started spending most of her time watching David, her guinea pig. "Did you know he grew an ear on his back to be used as a transplant for someone?" she told Sam. "Isn't that amazing?"
Sam thought it was more than amazing. "What did Raina do today?" he prompted.
"Her usual," said Abigail. "She played with her blocks, looked at a book. She's a very independent child, you know."

sd2.3.1104.jpg
How independent Raina was, Sam discovered when he came home from his gig at the nightclub at 11 pm.
"Daddy, daddy, daddy!" Raina called. "I can ride the elevator!"
Sam scooped her up and took her home.
"Abigail, you've got to keep an eye on her," he warned. "It's not like this is the Valley. We don't know what kind of people are out there."

sd2.3.1105.jpg
Abigail promised to watch Raina better, but the next night she greeted him again. This time she didn't make it as far as the elevator because Sam had hurried home.

sd2.3.1106.jpg
Something had to be done. Now that they had two children, it was obvious that Abigail needed help, and they couldn't afford a nanny.
"We've got to move in with your parents or mine," said Sam. "And with Dad back, and Bethany, my folks don't have a lot of room."

sd2.3.1111.jpg
Abigail pouted a little, but she made the call.

sd2.3.1107.jpg
She greeted her father with a big hug. "You found a place for David!" she exclaimed happily.

sd2.3.1108.jpg
Her parents had also put up her egg collection in the bedroom that she would be sharing with Sam.

sd2.3.1109.jpg
The stuffed bunny that she'd won as a prize one year in the Egg Hunt went into the children's room, where little Paul soon claimed it as a friend.

sd2.3.1112.jpg
Caroline tried to talk to Abigail about her new responsibilities as a mother, but Abigail wasn't keen on paying attention. "What I'd really like is to go back to Selvadorada and find some more relics," she said.

sd2.3.1114.jpg
It wasn't the plan that anyone else had for her, but if it made Abigail happy... She was on the next plane south.

sd2.3.1115.jpg
This was the life, thought Abigail. Nothing was more fun than hacking your way through a jungle...

sd2.3.1116.jpg
...unless it was digging up some ancient relic...

sd2.3.1117.jpg
...or maybe being given a blessing by some alien creature whose egg you found (Abigail had always had a talent for finding eggs).

sd2.3.1118.jpg
The blessing was a tiny sun that followed her everywhere. It was very handy because the jungle was dimly lit even in the middle of the day.

sd2.3.1119.jpg
There were hazards in the jungle, too, but Abigail considered them part of the adventure. "The good news is that I found an ancient golden mirror, worth thousands," she told Sam. "The bad news is that I got hit by a poison dart.

sd2.3.1120.jpg
"But not to worry -- there's a woman in the village who can cure me if I give her some bone dust. I'll be home soon. Love you!"

sd2.3.1110.jpg
Yes, moving in with Abigail's parents was probably the best thing they could have done for Raina and Paul, Sam reflected. But he hoped they would have enough money to get their own place again as soon as the children were old enough to look after themselves.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (May 2)
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2018, 09:10:31 AM »
2.4.01 Three Years Later: Barnhart & Betancourt

sd2.4.0101.jpg
Madilyn learned quickly. Before long she was ready to quit being a toddler and become a young lady.

sd2.4.0104.jpg
Clint decided to move them to a larger house. It came with a big front porch where he and Madilyn could play chess.

sd2.4.0103.jpg
She also had a playroom in addition to her bedroom, complete with a puppet theater, a Voidcritter battle station, and a drawing table.

sd2.4.0102.jpg
The kitchen downstairs posed a number of challenges for Cupcake. From counter to top of the free-standing fridge, Cupcake could leap it in a single bound.

sd2.4.0105.jpg
Madilyn worked on making friends with the kids she met at school, among them Jas, the Mayor's daughter.

sd2.4.0106.jpg
But what she enjoyed most was playing pirate captain on the big kids' ship. Clint was still keeping an eye on her and occasionally pretending to be a sea monster, but he was beginning to realize that Madilyn would become more independent as she got older.

sd2.40107.jpg
Once an adorable toddler...

sd2.4.0108.jpg
Jeffrey Betancourt is now an adorable child hugging his dog, Coco.

sd2.4.0109.jpg
His growing up prompted the discovery that the house just wasn't large enough. Gunther wanted to move to some place bigger, but Elliott objected. "I can't write unless I can hear the ocean," he said. "'The sea is calm tonight.' You know, Dover Beach? 'Love, let us be true to one another'? My favorite poem?"Gunther checked around, but the only available oceanfront property was off in Windenburg, much too far for him to commute to look after the museum. So they enlarged their current house, giving Jeffrey a bigger room and adding a front entryway with a place to hang coats.

sd2.4.0110.jpg
Coco ran away. Popgun cried. He said it was okay if I cried too, but I didn't want to do that because it would make my new glasses messy. Dadell gave me a little book and told me to write about how I felt. How I feel is awful. And mad, because we gave Coco everything she could want.

sd2.4.0111.jpg
Dadell said people with journals often hide them so no one else can read them, so I did that. I don't care who reads what I write, but maybe when I get older I will.

sd2.4.0112.jpg
Coco came back! We were all very happy to see her. Dadell said that hugging her was just reinforcing her running-away behavior, but Popgun said he certainly wasn't going to scold her.

sd2.4.0113.jpg
I've been given the job of playing fetch with Coco when I get home from school. Popgun's theory is that she ran off because I wasn't around to pay attention to her as much, but if she knows that I'll be home to play with her, then she won't run off again.

sd2.4.0114.jpg
We're also letting her sit on the sofa in the front parlor. Dadell doesn't like that because the sofa belonged to his great aunt. But his great aunt isn't here and Coco is. She'd better not run off again, that's all I can say.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Sims from Stardew Valley (May 18)
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2018, 08:43:43 PM »
I'm really enjoying this story (and I love to play Stardew,too), and this chapter was no exception.  I'm looking forward to the events that unfold next 8).

The first 2 toddlers who've just aged up to children are really cute.  It's nice that Gunther could move to a bigger house with a front porch for the chess table for his daughter!  Is she a Whiz Kid?

It was good that the other child could write about his feelings in his journal when he was sad --- but I'm glad that everything's back to normal now.