Author Topic: Grilled Cheese Aspiration - How to talk to other sims about grilled cheese?  (Read 7406 times)

Offline katyjean57

• Nooboo
Great Website.  I've been trolling and referencing the guides for awhile.

Regarding Grilled Cheese Aspiration:

I cannot figure out how to unlock the option to chat about Grilled Cheese with other sims which is required to complete the first aspiration level.

What Category is it under? (friendly, funny...)? 
Is there a relationship level required to see this option?
Is there a grilled cheese consumption rule to unlock?
Other requirements?
When has it worked for you to be able to select this option?

On a side note:  My sim is leveling up in cooking skill very nicely by frequently preparing and eating grilled cheese.  :-)

Thank you for your help!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
@katyjean57 --- Welcome to the forum.  I would guess that it would be under the friendly socials.  One of my minor Sims just began the Grilled Cheese aspiration.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25779.0
This post has a lot of information about the grillled cheese aspiration.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Hi @katyjean57 welcome to the forum! Yep, @coolsim9999999  has it right the talk about grilled cheese is under the friendly socials. Sometimes you need to cycle through a few of the friendly options to find it.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Hi @katyjean57 welcome to the forum! Yep, @coolsim9999999  has it right the talk about grilled cheese is under the friendly socials. Sometimes you need to cycle through a few of the friendly options to find it.  :)
Thanks, @Playalot!  My guess was under friendly socials because that category has many talk about.. or discuss... included.  For example, I have seen talk about best bait under friendly socials.  My Sims are tech gurus, but they have completed many aspirations. 

@katyjean57 --- I agree with Playalot about having to keep going through all of the friendly socials until you get to the one about grilled cheese.  You have to do that if you're looking for a certain topic --- in any of the categories of socials.  I always seem to have to dig for "get to know" or "hug"  ;D!

Offline katyjean57

• Nooboo
Thanks for the feedback.  I still have not been able to uncover this option in the friendlies.

I wonder if there is criteria I am not hitting.  Does it have to do with a certain mood, or can it only be done while eating grilled cheese?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Thanks for the feedback.  I still have not been able to uncover this option in the friendlies.

I wonder if there is criteria I am not hitting.  Does it have to do with a certain mood, or can it only be done while eating grilled cheese?

Are you trying to do the Grilled Cheese aspiration?
I'm wondering if you've yet to unlock it yet? Your sim needs to cook and eat three grilled cheese sandwiches in a row.
Then the aspiration will unlock under your Culinary tab, under Chef and Mixologist.
My apologies if you already knew about unlocking the aspiration...

Offline katyjean57

• Nooboo
Yup, she has the Grilled Cheese aspiration.  But I didn't have to eat Grilled Cheeses.  It was the aspiration of a sim that moved into my house. (Her parents had her late in life and both died when she was a teenager, so her loyal half-brother and his wife took her in to help with their twins, rather than let her live with step cousins... haha)

When I moved her in (using household manager), she had the Grilled Cheese aspiration.  Not sure if that's rare or common.

Then I got bored with not being able to advance the aspiration, so I changed her aspiration, hoping I could change it back... but I cannot change it back, and I don't seem to be able to re-trigger it.

I might give up on it for now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@katyjean57

Thank you for letting me know. I wasn't sure if you'd already had access to the aspiration in the Culinary tab.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Yup, she has the Grilled Cheese aspiration.  But I didn't have to eat Grilled Cheeses.  It was the aspiration of a sim that moved into my house. (Her parents had her late in life and both died when she was a teenager, so her loyal half-brother and his wife took her in to help with their twins, rather than let her live with step cousins... haha)

When I moved her in (using household manager), she had the Grilled Cheese aspiration.  Not sure if that's rare or common.

Then I got bored with not being able to advance the aspiration, so I changed her aspiration, hoping I could change it back... but I cannot change it back, and I don't seem to be able to re-trigger it.

I might give up on it for now.
I had that too. For it to properly unlock you have to eat three grilled cheese in a row still. I don't know whether it is a glitch or not, but I experienced exactly the same problem until i let that particular sim eat three grilled cheese. I got the pop up that the aspiration was unlocked (even though it already was) and after that I could talk to other sims about grilled cheese.

I hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline katyjean57

• Nooboo
That's the explanation I needed, MissZoef.  I'm sure that's the issue.

Thanks to all.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Glad to help. I hope you can continue the aspiration now :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

anything