Author Topic: The Sanchez Wonder Child Challenge  (Read 3301 times)

Offline strawburrysimmer

• Nooboo
The Sanchez Wonder Child Challenge
« on: October 22, 2016, 08:16:30 PM »
Chapter & Point Index

Welcome to my first story EVER! I'm Strawburry, and I cant wait to start writing this story/challenge. This will be my first time trying the Wonder Child Challenge, and I can't wait to get started!

Chapters

Chapter 1: High School Sweethearts
Chapter 2: A Reunion
Chapter 3: Working Hard
Chapter 4: A Whirlwind

No points yet!

Offline strawburrysimmer

• Nooboo
Re: The Sanchez Wonder Child Challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:19:38 PM »
Chapter 1
High School Sweethearts

Bryden Lewis. The most gorgeous girl at school, and she was mine. We were just teenagers but we were madly in love. I remember I would walk her home every day.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

After a while, I started coming inside. There was this stupid show we used to watch after school. Sometimes I was lucky enough to snuggle with her. We could just talk for ages.

One day, I worked up the nerve to ask her to be my girlfriend. She was so happy. Three days later, I kissed her!

After dating her for 3 years, we had become the 'it' couple. Everyone admired how in love we were. No couple came close to our relationship.

It was prom night when she told me. She was wearing this gorgeous yellow dress. I was so in love. But then, she told me that she was moving. Not just moving, but moving so far away, that I would never see her again. All the way to Oasis Springs, which is too far to drive to, and I couldn't afford plane tickets. Back then, we didn't have texting, video chats, and long-distance phone calls. Our relationship was over.

20 years later, and my yearning for a family is stronger than ever. I've tried dating, but nobody has ever come close to what Bryden and I had those years ago...

Strawburry: I hope you enjoyed the prologue to this Wonder Child Challenge! I can't wait to get it started and underway. Let me know what you think!

Sidenote: the sims I used for all the screenshots were completely different sims to the real ones I'll be using for the challenge, just made to look like a teenage version for storytelling purposes. They won't actually have any relationship points prior to the challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 08:16:57 AM »
Cute little prologue. I tried the wonderchild challenge once ages ago, but I must say, my own results were entirely underwhelming. I wish you the best of luck with your challenge, however.

Bryden is the woman's name, yes? I'm afriad we don't know the name of the narrator at the moment, but I'm wondering if that's deliberate? Could add some mystery if we don't know much about him/where he came from.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline strawburrysimmer

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 10:58:25 AM »
@Whirligig Glad to know you enjoyed it! I've always found that these challenges are more fun with a backstory. Definitely deliberate that you don't know his name yet, all wil be revealed next chapter ;)  Although I suppose you could gather that his last name is Sanchez...

Offline strawburrysimmer

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 03:33:15 PM »
Chapter 2

A Reunion

Date: January 1st 20XX

Program: The Wonder Child Project

Project: RRR (Phase 1)

Briefing

Greetings Mateo Sanchez. You have been selected to participate in the Wonder Child Project. The government has noted your unmarried status and desire for children. We are here to remedy both.

We have paired you with a fellow citizen of similar age that we have determined to have complementary personality and genetic qualities optimal for child rearing.

You will be given a $22,000 stipend and placed on a randomly selected lot. There you will take up residence as a normal person. You will take jobs in the area of your choosing, and otherwise blend in with the neighborhood.

As part of this program you must reproduce at least once with your selected mate. The first child born of the coupling will be the ultimate focus of this project. The “Wonder Child”.

Once this child is born, you are to devote your entire lives to raising them as successfully as possible. Leave no advantage ungranted, no assistance unrendered. Your undivided attention must be given to this child. Any efforts to improve yourselves or any subsequent children are to be for the indirect betterment of your Wonder Child.

This is a competition. There are hundreds of other couples doing the same as you. Show us your child rearing skills, make the best child that one can make, and you will be rewarded handsomely. Participation is mandatory by law.

Your lot:
"Summer Home", Countryside, Windenburg

So this came in the mail today. I guess I have no choice but to go. At least I've been placed in Windenburg, I've always wanted to live there. I hope the stipend covers plane tickets...

I walked up to the lot, just realizing now how sick to my stomach I am. Who I meet right now, I will spend the rest of my life with. As I began to survey the scene, I heard footsteps behind me. My spouse has arrived.

"Mateo?!"
I turn sharply, to see a woman just behind me. When I see her, my eyes widen. She looks older, but without a doubt, it's her.

"Bryden!"

She still looks gorgeous. We talk under the moonlight for a bit; I've missed talking to her so much, then make a quick house to spend the night in. We can work on it tomorrow.

"I still can't believe it's you, Bry." I murmur.

"Me neither."

When I wake up, she is already awake. We agree that as badly as we want to just sit down and talk for ages, we really need to work on our skills first. She decides to take up logic, handiness, piano, and fitness; I go for painting, violin, guitar, and writing.

I decide to start with painting first, and try a bit of everything, while she decides to focus solely on logic for the day. She had the ingenious idea to make a club for our family, and soon enough, we were able to 'rally the troops' to keep us going.

Now that our skills were getting there, we agreed to go on a date to indulge a bit, and talk about what we've missed. We walked around the Old Town before settling on a little cafe.

I didn't realize how long it truly had been. She suggested we be boyfriend and girlfriend, if we are to have a child after all.

"You've got something on your cheek, riiight there."

Gold medal date, down!

Strawburries: While Bryden and Mateo are *ahem* getting to know each other (they did this autonomously), I figured I'd show you the house. They haven't gotten jobs yet, so I'm holding off on finishing the walls and flooring.

Mateo: We finished off the night with a bit more skilling, and selected jobs. I chose to be a writer, whilst Bryden decided on a tech guru. Both of which require computers. We really need a paycheck.

Chapter Summary

Bryden Lewis

Charisma, Comedy, Guitar, Handiness, and Video Gaming are at 1.
Logic is at 3.
Joined Tech Guru career.

Mateo Sanchez

Comedy, Guitar, and Writing are at 1.
Charisma, Painting, and Violin are at 2.
Joined Writing career.

Events

Gold medal date

That is a wrap on Chapter 2 everyone! So exited to post this, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 04:38:31 PM »
Oh, how sweet! I'm glad they've found each other after all this time. Great start! I'm looking forward to your next chapter.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 02:25:01 PM »
Yeah. I don't play TS4 anymore, but this seems to be pushing up into a wonderful story.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 01:43:00 AM »
Off to a great start. I love that you've built them a nice, big house (and I agree, skilling objects take precedence over pretty wallpaper). I'm also glad they found each other. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline strawburrysimmer

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 08:01:26 PM »
Chapter 3

Working Hard

Today was a productive, but very boring day.

We started off skilling, as per usual, but as Bryden got into her chess game, I stopped her.
"Its your first day of work, you need your promotion skills!"
Bryden agreed. As pushy as that sounds, we need to start making money so we can provide our future child with as much as possible. Luckily as a Tech Guru, all she needed to do was play a couple of video games and she was set for a promotion.

Here she is, heading out to her first day at work!

I, on the other hand, don't start my job until tomorrow, giving me a whole day of skilling. This has become my little skill nook, with all of my instruments and paintings.

Painting is great and all, but without Bryden here, I can't "Rally the Troops". That's right. Its time to figure out how to cook.

I don't really know what I did, but somehow it came out really good.

I spent the rest of the day skilling, which gets pretty boring to take pictures of. All I can say is that the house had really great acoustics today, and the lighting was perfect for painting.

My baby got a promotion! She is now on the second level of the Tech Guru career, which gave us some extra cash, and a brand new coffee machine! Bry was so tired, she went straight for the coffee.

Tired as she was, she was grinning ear to ear. I'll have to use her success to motivate me to get promoted, too.

The coffee seemed to do the trick, and she got started on the fitness skill straight away.

Though she told me that the room was perfectly breezy to work out in, she is still a beginner. Sorry Bry, I had to do it!

Rally the Troops fixes a lot of things, but post- workout stink is NOT one of them.

With Bryden's Promotion bonus, we were able to paint the walls and install hardwood. (the plain room will become our future child's room)

She's so cute when she works on chess, I couldn't help it. Here she is in our newly renovated skill room.

She worked on logic for a bit before she realized she has promotion requirements to complete. She started to program for a bit, and reached level two very quickly, which she credits to our strangely fast WiFi.

With "Rally the Troops" its hard to keep track of days and nights! Its' 2am, so I guess this is the end of today. I'll finish off with a photo of us "Rallying the Troops".

All in all, a day full of hard work.

Chapter Summary

Bryden Lewis

Mateo Sanchez

(adding skills soon!)

And there's chapter three! EA just released "house traits" which, if you didn't catch on, I definitely made use of. Different traits actually boost different skills! They can be changed at any time, so I just adjust them based on what skills they're working on. I also purchased the violin and logic skill boost Club Perks. Clubs are definitely a great strategy for this challenge. Thanks for reading!

-Strawburries

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 08:30:21 AM »
The lot traits look super useful - I haven't had the chance to try them out yet (last time I played, I was playing my Dynasty, and there had been no ruling yet on whether or not they were allowed to be used in the Dynasties). You're really making excellent progress!

I'm so excited to see their nooboo! :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 04:31:08 PM »
I haven't done much testing with the lot traits, but they do look super useful! Glad you'r making use of clubs, too.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline strawburrysimmer

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 01:25:01 PM »
Chapter 4
A Whirlwind

I've been updating you guys daily on how Bryden and I have been doing, but I've decided to switch to a new format. Some days are very boring and drawn out, while a ton happens in others, so instead of daily updates, I'm going to organize this based on content.

The last few days have been a huge whirlwind.

Just the normal skilling for a couple days or so.

Lots of promotions, (Loving my new work outfit!) and nothing too interesting.

It is definitely "handy" to have a wife with full handiness skill.
Bry, looking over my shoulder as I type this: "You are NOT posting that pun."

Oh yes I am, Bryden. Oh yes I am.

I came home from work, and Bry looked like she had something important to say.

She sat me down on the bed and took a deep breath.
"Mateo, I think its time. I know we wanted to max all our mentorable skills, but the longer we put off having our Wonder Child, the less time we'll have with them."

I swallowed. She was right. We only had 7 days before turning into elders.
"You're right, Bry. It needs to happen. Let's do this."

And we did... Ladies and gents, we have a Wonder Child on the way!

I was very happy, but also very nervous.
"What if I'm not good enough, Bryden? What if I'm an awful father? I don't know how to do this."

"Mat, you and I were chosen for this. You'll be brilliant, you already are."

I looked her in the eye, and melted all over again.
"I love you."

I spent the next day in thought. I knew what I had to do. I decided that there's no time like the present. I brought her to the most gorgeous lot in Windenburg I could find.

We talked for hours, and easily earned a gold medal date. I was waiting for the right moment.

I did it.

And she immediately said yes.

I had a day off, and I just thought about how lucky I am. We aren't going to have a wedding, but we aren't quite ready to elope just yet.
I was so inspired, I maxed guitar. (and mastered the art of wall-impaling)

Bryden, however had to go to work. With a new promotion came a new outfit, and this one's pretty out there. Not sure what her boss is thinking...

But yes, she has entered her third trimester. It has been a very easy pregnancy, she hasn't thrown up at all. I hope the child is as angelic as they are in the womb. So here's a nicer baby bump picture.

Pregnant ladies are scary with saws...

We bought a giant piano in the hopes that our Wonder Baby can quickly max piano and get rid of it. Also did you know you can change your phone case now?

She's about to burst! I think its a girl, but that's pure guesswork. I think I remember hearing something about carrying high? Or low? Maybe its a boy. I'll be happy as long as it's a baby.

I'll end off this chapter with my gorgeous fiancee practicing piano.

I've been playing ahead lately, so sadly I've lost the skills and promotion data from this chapter. I'm not sure If I'll keep giving info on the parent's skills once the Wonder Child is born.

I know its been a long time, but I'm finally back after a well-needed break. I have lots of chapters lined up. Thanks for reading if you've stuck around, and welcome if you're new! What are your guesses for the baby's gender? Any names?

-Strawburries