Author Topic: [BUGS] Compilation of Bugs Since Latest Patch  (Read 9775 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: [BUGS] Compilation of Bugs Since Latest Patch
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 08:44:54 AM »
First, I made a couple in CAS about a couple of weeks ago, in spite of being married they always spin whims to get engaged or married, I mean really, come on guys, lol, did you forget that you are married?!  ::)

That was happening in my game long before this patch, with CAS-married couples as well as married in game couples. I just delete the whim so they roll one I can actually fulfill.

I think the broken light thing was also an issue pre-patch, but I'm not sure on that one because, until recently, I didn't even know about the light, @Narinn2045 informed me of its use. A more fool-proof method I've found of avoiding the monsters is giving everyone a double bed. Requires a lot of space, but still, the monsters only spawn from single beds. I agree, the monsters are super annoying.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 02:39:56 PM »
@Rainbow Dash sorry you are having both those bugs in your games but @Whirligig is correct, both those bugs have been happening since before the patch.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 03:07:44 PM »
I've noticed that if a Sim has had a different job in the past that when they get promoted in their current job they show up in an outfit from the previous job. My Sim was briefly in the detective career. She's now in the artist career, but when she gets a promotion, she comes home in the cop uniform. I've had a another Sim in the Painter career come home in an astronaut uniform and another Sim comes home in the outfit from her teen fast food career. I know career outfits have been buggy for a while, but this is a new (to me) twist. Also, when children have a grade increase they come home in a random (often bizarre) outfit.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »
@reggikko the child coming home in random clothes happened to me before the last patch but not sure about the adults promotional clothing.  :-\ I'll have a scout around for that one later today.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Can't Graft Onto Plants Anymore
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 03:54:42 PM »
Can't Graft Onto Plants Anymore:

This seems to be the case when trying to graft a cutting taken from a plant that was not on your sims home lot.

Work Around: Harvest the wild plant and then plant it on your sims home lot, once grown enough then take the cutting and graft onto another plant your sim has grown on the home lot.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Can Not Place Trim on Walls that have a Staircase Connected to Them
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 03:57:04 PM »
Can Not Place Trim on Walls that have a Staircase Connected to Them

Open Bug Report here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 04:48:56 PM »
Can't Graft Onto Plants Anymore:

This seems to be the case when trying to graft a cutting taken from a plant that was not on your sims home lot.

Work Around: Harvest the wild plant and then plant it on your sims home lot, once grown enough then take the cutting and graft onto another plant your sim has grown on the home lot.

I encountered this one last night.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »
@reggikko

Your game file is like a Venus flytrap. Sorry to hear you're encountering so many of the recent bugs. (and now I've jinxed myself, surely)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Non-Stop Singing and Multiple Music tracks Playing
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 06:27:10 PM »
Non-Stop Singing and Multiple Music tracks Playing *fixed* as of patch 11/15/2016 – PC Version 1.24.112.1010 / Mac Version 1.24.112.1210

Thread here.

Open Bug Report

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Sims Leaving The Bed in Naked Outfit
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2016, 01:29:45 PM »
Sims Leaving The Bed in Naked Outfit: Work around, direct your controlled sim to change outfit. Uncontrolled sims- use the interaction 'ask to see...outfit'.

I think I've found another one! If your Sim stays overnight at another Sim's lot, the uncontrolled Sim will sometimes get out of bed nude and stay nude for hours, until they leave the lot or take a bath/shower. It happened at the hermit's house, at the Pancakes, and now at the Roomies. Garrett has been walking around naked for hours. J was naked until he left for work. Mitchell is still asleep and I haven't seen Zoe since yesterday. It's funny, but the "See what's happening" thing is a bit annoying.

I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but Sims are calling my Sim for outings (party at the bluffs, etc) at about 5AM. They used to call around 9-9:30 PM.

Also, Sims can visit other Sims' houses even when the other Sims are not at home.

I don't have City Living yet.

*edited by Playalot to make the bug the heading.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2016, 04:12:59 PM »
@reggikko  Well.. that certainly is different lol. I haven't seen that in my game but I'll see if I can recreate that. I tend to leave other sims houses when they go to bed so I'll make my sim stick around and see what happens.  :)

The phone calls at random times was happening before the patch so least that isn't new.

I do know that there is an old glitch when if you have previously visited a house and then some time later (sims days etc) return for another visit that the house can still be open like you describe. Thing is I was pretty sure that it had been fixed. I'll need to go back through the patch notes etc as I just can't quite remember the details on the fix. If it is still happening it could be that the patch has broken the 'fix' or that is is a new but similar glitch.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2016, 04:50:50 PM »
I was hanging out at the Roomies waiting for the cherry tree to become harvestable, so I was there for a couple of days. I can't remember if I visited the Pancakes before I could go in when no one was at home.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2016, 06:38:49 PM »
@reggikko yep, naked townies is a thing. lol. I'll write it up and see if there are any open bug reports about this, unless you've already made one?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2016, 07:32:26 PM »
@reggikko yep, naked townies is a thing. lol. I'll write it up and see if there are any open bug reports about this, unless you've already made one?

No, I haven't.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »
@Playalot --- This thread that you started was very helpful for the October patch.  I just installed the November patch. 

Did you or another moderator send EA/the gurus this list of bugs, and the stuff on the links that @MrsFlynn posted --- which included the October patch bug list? 

I read the November patch, and some things got fixed --- such as disappearing Sim babies and children.  I'm assuming the guru's are still working on some of the bugs after the October patch and the launch of City Living.