Author Topic: Bubble Blower  (Read 148204 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Bubble Blower
« on: November 18, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »
Each flavor can have a few different outcomes. Your sim can, for example, get an initial positive moodlet but if you keep directing them to blow bubbles that can turn into a negative moodlet from a failed inhale. Basically, any time a sim fails at blowing bubbles (they cough and splutter) there is a chance that any previous positive moodlet gained from blowing bubbles now becomes a negative one. And same in reverse, a failed negative moodlet can change into a positive one if the sims next inhale is done correctly (bubbles appear instead of choking etc.) It appears, over time, sims get better at blowing bubbles and even a ‘failed’ inhale can leave the positive moodlet intact. This was only noticeable after my sim had blown bubbles a few times.
A failed inhale can happen at any time during the bubble blowing session, it seems random.
Various moodlets that a sim can get from any flavor, the negative ones from a fail. Some flavors have a specific negative one as well as the generic fail moodlet.

Generic Positive Moodlets:
Happy +1 3hrs. Lifted(From Using Bubble Blower) Ahh, that was relaxing!
Happy +3 3hrs. Giddy! (From Using Bubble Blower) This is what floating feels like!

Generic Failed Moodlets:
Bored+1 2hrs Weary (From Using BB) This isn’t as much fun as Sims Name thought
Dazed +1 3hrs Cloudy (From Using BB) What was that?
Dazed +3 3hrs Blanked (From Using BB) Sims Name might have done that wrong…

Specific Flavors:

Jade Dragon:
1. Confident +1 3hrs Majestic Notions (From Using BB) Sparkling with confidence.
2. Confident +3 4hrs Positively Regal (From Using BB) King of the crowd!
3. Tense +2 3 hours Overwhelmed (From Using BB) It’s all too much! Sims name needs some space! (Action) Sim rubs tummy burps green gas, waves it away and is clearly nauseous.

The Fairy Fizz:
1. Energized +1 3 hrs. Sharp! (From Using BB) Time to turn this up to 11! (Action) as my sim inhaled he floated and then plopped back down onto his seat. His voice sounded high and squeaky as if he had been inhaling helium.
2. Energized +1 3 hrs. Sharp! (From Using BB) Time to turn this up to 11! (Action) just normal inhaling and bubble blowing, no squeaky voice.
3. Embarrassed+2 3 hrs. Pip-Squeak-y (From Using BB) What an embarrassing squeak…
4. Playful +1 3hrs Spritely (From Using BB) It’s such a cute sound, who could resist. (Action) Sim floated as inhaling bubbles

Cosmic Encounter:
1. Inspired +1 3 hrs. Imaginative (From Using BB) So Many Possibilities!
2. Inspired +3 4hrs Luminous (From Using BB) Sims name can’t sit still, there are too many ideas bouncing around! (Action) Sims will have a light blue glow around them a bit like the alien glow.
3. Asleep +100 1hr Zonked (From Using BB) It was so relaxing Sims Name fell right asleep. (Action) sims energy bar, if full, drops to half. Not sure what happens if it is low in the first place, probably drops to red
4. Asleep +10,000 Sleeping Soundly (From Napping) This one only seems to appear with this flavor, your sims simply inhales then goes to sleep sitting up.

Xanadu Sunset:
1. Happy +1 3 hrs Very Voluble (From Using BB) Friends are always made through talking
2. Happy +3 4hrs Loquacious (From Using BB) It’s a great time to go talk with friends
3. Sad+1 3hrs Glum (From Using BB) Sims Name thought this would be fun.
4. Sad +3 3hrs Morose (From Using BB) Who needs fun? Sims name is doing just fine without it.

Deepest Plum:
1. Playful +2 2hrs Resonant (From Using BB) Listen to the sultry sound of sims names voice. (Action) sims voice sounds deeper than Grims!
2. Embarrassed +1  2hrs Un-Imp-Ressive (From Using BB) Does Sims Name really sound like that?
3. Embarrassed +2 2 hrs. Rumbling (From Using BB) Who could stand the grating sound of Sims name’s voice.

Golden Rush:
1. Energized +1 3 hrs. Keyed Up (From Using BB) It’s time to get up and move!
2. Energized +3 4hrs Going for Gold (From Using BB) Sims name could go all night.
3. Uncomfortable +3 2hrs. Bursting (From Using BB) Sims Name is unable to sit still with that yellow liquid staring back. (Action) Looked like sim peed himself while sitting down
4. Uncomfortable +3 3hrs Suddenly Sodden (From Using BB) Uncomfortable is a state of life, but not one that Sims Name is ready to deal with in this capacity (Action) Looked like sim peed himself while sitting down! The Bladder need started depleting at twice the normal rate but my sim did not get filthy… like sims normally do when they pee themselves.

Snow Flurry:
1. Focused +2 3hrs Crystallized (From Using BB) Ruler of the Ice and Snow! (Action) Sim shivered and blew on his hands to get them warm
2. Uncomfortable +2 3hrs Fr-Fr-Frigid (From Using BB) Frozen to the core. (Action) My sim turned blue from cold and shivered a lot.

Passionfruit Potion:
1. Angry +2 3hrs Incensed! (From Using BB) Angry? Is that Sims name’s angry face?! (Action) My sim turned red and exhaled fire.
2. Flirty +1 3hrs Ardent (From Using BB) How could anyone resist this?
3. Flirty +3 4hrs Fairly Fervid (From using Bubble Blower) So erotic and delightful that Sims Name is practically on fire!  (Action) sim moans and rubs tummy then belches fire.

I suspect there may be a few I am still missing but this list is a start anyway.  :) I've found that Cosmic Encounter is a reliable way of getting a quick inspired moodlet for my artist as your sim only needs to blow bubbles once correctly to get a positive moodlet and I just cancel the rest of the timed bubble blowing session and send him straight to his easel. All in all, the bubble Blower is a quick way to get your sim into the emotional state you want.
@Carl, I've been keeping this page edited and up-to-date with any new moodlets I've discovered. Last edited for new info 1/7/2017
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
Re: Bubble Blower
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 04:10:57 PM »
This is quite helpful. I've started trying out all the different flavors but haven't seen such a detailed list of possible moodlets. Thanks for providing @Playalot!

The funniest I discovered in gameplay was the voice change from Deepest Plum. I had no idea that was going to happen and thought it was hilarious.

I'll have to try Cosmic Encounter, I'm always looking for a little bit of inspiration.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »
This is a great list, Play 8)!  I love the bubble blower! 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 07:30:57 PM »
I wish this thread could get stickied!!! I have it bookmarked, but it's such great information! Thank you, @Playalot !

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 07:51:56 PM »
Finally got around to doing some more testing:

Xanadu Sunset:
1. Happy +1 3 hrs Very Voluble (From Using BB) Friends are always made through talking
2. Happy +3 4hrs Loquacious (From Using BB) It’s a great time to go talk with friends

When your sim has either of these two moodlets they get a great boost on using a friendly introduction and making friends is very rapid, in some cases instant.

Very handy for dynasty players etc.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 10:10:53 PM »
Thanks for that extensive list, @Playalot - the Fairy Fizz is my absolute favorite especially at festivals where all kinds of Sims use the BB. At the last Spice Festival everyone around my Sim (including my Sim) spoke with squeaky voices. It's childlike, I know, but I can't help it ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 05:00:37 PM »
I tend to gravitate towards changing the flavor for townies to Golden Rush.   8)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 08:59:17 PM »
I tend to gravitate towards changing the flavor for townies to Golden Rush.   8)
lol...Play :P!  That flavor is interesting.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 04:40:13 AM »
Uncomfortable is a state of life

The devs have gone out of their way to design the suffering of Sims. To our enjoyment, of course, but it makes me wonder...

At least it's safe ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

anything