Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Completed  (Read 74765 times)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, update Dec 15
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2016, 04:09:27 PM »
Houser's wife and son are very attractive.

I cackled very loudly over Houser's observation about Talon not having the Genius trait as well as his pear/patridge remark

Wow, triplets! I can't even imagine how hard managing triplets will be in this kind of challenge!
Did you do anything special to influence multiple births, or was it simply chance?

Congratulations, Houser, on earning your first 11 points!

Chance, or bad luck! But the girls are going to be adorable.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2016, 04:39:31 PM »
Ack! Gremlins! How horrifying! Are you allowed to remove that lot trait? There are a lot of appliances to break in that house!

And triplets on top of it! What a stressful start for Houser. I liked the ominous chapter beginning, and the story certainly lived up to it.

On a brighter note, Elsa is really rocking those vintage glamour glasses. Looking good, girl!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2016, 05:38:31 PM »
Oh, triplets seem like they'd be extra hard in a challenge like this. It's hard enough to take care of them with control over the whole family, I can't imagine having them in a family where only one person is controlled.

At least Houser is making progress, good luck!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2016, 02:42:56 PM »
Not sure if triplets will be a blessing or a curse.  So far Hauser seems to be doing well.  Certainly has a pretty wife. Boy, didn't Alicia age up well?  Gorgeous.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2016, 04:22:36 PM »
@Joria, Glad someone noticed how stunning Alicia turned out to be. I plan to save her to the library but don't know what I can use her for.

@FrancescaFiori, I can't get rid of a lot trait once I assigned it, and I did think Gremlins would help Houser max handiness (and they probably will.) I've discovered, though, that they only appear when everyone in the household is asleep. With 8, I think that's not likely.

@NexttoNormal, I had some nervous moments during the triplets' infancy. Brother Bjorn insisted on hanging over Norah's bassinet for 5 straight hours until Houser came home from work. I did learn during my first play test that the social worker doesn't come because of dirty diapers, just hungry babies. Anyway, all three are children now (and very cute), so as long as nobody gets an F, I'm okay.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2016, 11:58:59 AM »
Chapter 18 -- The Second 10 Points and Free Day

Life with three baby girls wasn't easy. Luckily Dad came over to help. I told him to go get some rest when he started getting tense, though.

I left for work a while later, feeling a little worried. Everyone had been fed, and I'd only be gone for five hours, but I was still anxious.

It turns out I was right to worry. Talon took care of Katlin and Caroline, but Bjorn took his big-brother duties so seriously that no one was able to get close to Norah until I got home and distracted him. Norah was starting to get pretty hungry, but she grew up before we got a visit from the dreaded social worker.

And here are my three space princesses -- Norah steering, Katlin on weapons, and Caroline operating the controls. We've color-coded their clothing so we can tell them apart. Norah wears turquoise blue, Katlin wears pink, and Caroline wears green.

Bjorn prefers being the lone spaceman exploring the galaxy.

Speaking of spacemen, here's Harper, leaving for work. She's moving quickly through the ranks as an astronaut, no doubt because of her awesomeness.

I was finally able to take some time to read my book, Dynasty's Child, to Bjorn. Norah sat in, but kept interrupting until I gave her "the look." It's one I usually reserve for artists who try to tell me that their painting of a llama is worth thousands of simoleons. No. Llamas were a thing last year. This year it's the freezer bunny.

Bjorn took the book to heart, though. Once he learned that so far no dynasty child has managed to complete a childhood aspiration, he became determined to be first. It probably helps that he has the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.

Katlin's been trying to help with my writing by telling me stories that I can "use" in my books. I don't think bears are a popular subject, but I love the way she scrunches up her face when she's telling me how big one is.

Our free day came quickly, and I was able to go for a jog before work.

We do have some lovely views here along the shore. I'm going to have to take some time and paint.

I came home from work to find that the computer was broken. Not gremlins this time, but apparently Bjorn. Still, he was so proud when he informed me that he'd made the highest score on Keyboard Commander, that I couldn't get mad.

After doing homework, the girls spent the afternoon playing with their voidcritters. Norah is quite adept, but I'm going to have to talk to her about being a good winner. Both Caroline and Katlin were angry after losing to her, and I think it might have been her attitude.

No worry about gremlins this night! The monsters under the bed kept us all awake. Apparently the night light I'd put up in the girls' room wasn't enough to keep them at bay. Eventually they settled down, though.

But then Bjorn came upstairs to complain. He's sleeping in the "boys'" room now, and I'd forgotten to add a nightlight there. "I'll show that monster who's boss," I said, as I took my trusty spray bottle in hand.

The next morning everything was back to normal, with me being the only one under the Watcher's control. She says that's what she loves about the challenge -- people hugging each other and dancing without any interference from her at all.

I got my next 10 points by becoming good friends with Katlin, Caroline, and Norah and picking up another skill point in writing. Harper and I were both promoted twice at work; Dewayne was promoted once, and Bjorn came home with a B.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, update Dec 17
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2016, 01:17:14 PM »
Awww, surprisingly sweet of the child-hating Lewis to come by help with the triplets!
The girls are so cute and, of course, Bjorn, too. I can never get the Koolala lights to work anymore.

One of my pet peeves is children and guests who insist on interacting with a baby, yet neither feed or change the baby's diaper. Sometimes it takes over an hour before a parent can actually step in. Would putting the baby in a parents-only locked room be too much?

You are so brave to use the Gremlins trait. I guess using a club for autonomous repairing might lead to electrocution.

It's hard to believe that you're already one-third of the way through this challenge.
Do you have a favorite family so far? Or is it like an RDC, where you favor whichever family you're playing at the moment?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2016, 01:52:53 PM »
Awww, surprisingly sweet of the child-hating Lewis to come by help with the triplets!
The girls are so cute and, of course, Bjorn, too. I can never get the Koolala lights to work anymore.

One of my pet peeves is children and guests who insist on interacting with a baby, yet neither feed or change the baby's diaper. Sometimes it takes over an hour before a parent can actually step in. Would putting the baby in a parents-only locked room be too much?

You are so brave to use the Gremlins trait. I guess using a club for autonomous repairing might lead to electrocution.

It's hard to believe that you're already one-third of the way through this challenge.
Do you have a favorite family so far? Or is it like an RDC, where you favor whichever family you're playing at the moment?

I think the Koolala lights do work, it's just that their range is more limited than I would like. Ideally, you should place one at the head of or next to each child's bed.

Now that I know how Gremlins work, it's not too bad. The key is to make sure that someone is always awake. They only come out when the entire household is asleep. Definitely not for singles, unless you're in a club with repairing things as an activity.

Favorites? Yes, whichever family I'm on.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2016, 02:06:52 PM »
What a beautiful family! My favorite moment in this chapter was "the look." Perfect!

I also loved that landscape shot with the grass and the shore. It would make a lovely painting for sure. Just beautiful!

I admire Bjorn's determination. You go, Rambunctious Scamp. You can do it!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2016, 06:04:20 PM »
I forgot to mention about Houser's career choice of Critic.
Since you'd started with two active careers--Scientist & Doctor--I'd wondered if you'd pick Detective next.

I've always found Detective to be impossibly and stressfully glitchy.  I applaud Houser's choice of Critic.
Today, I almost permanently lost my legacy game because the Detective career kept reloading the world map and corrupted several of my save files.
It was a nightmare.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2016, 08:09:10 PM »
@FrancescaFiori , I love the expressions that Sims get on their faces. They might not always have the look I want, but there's usually something there for a story.

@oshizu, I've not had trouble with Detective, but I'll take your advice and not try to use it in this dynasty. Truly, that sounds like a nightmare.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2016, 04:36:40 PM »
Chapter 19 -- The Third 10 Points and Free Day

The Watcher told me I should take advantage of the nice weather to go outside and do yoga. Since we always have nice weather in Windenburg, I thought this was strange, but she said it was very cold where she was, and seeing someone in the sun would cheer her up a bit.

Here are my three space princesses setting off for school.

I'm not sure what they were all talking about here, but I took the picture anyway. I think it's the only time when I've seen all four of the children together.

I think one of the girls must have broken the dollhouse because we had a third visit from the gremlins (a Sim has to sleep some time), and they left the dollhouse alone. Dewayne was very upset. He and Talon both have the childish trait and still enjoy playing with the dollhouse occasionally. It's really pretty easy to fix.

Bjorn came home from school with an A, so I told him I'd write a note for him to stay home from school the next day. Katlin overheard me, and I promised I'd do the same for her and her sisters when they got As.

Bjorn had hoped to have the rocket ship to himself, but Norah had the sniffles so she stayed home, too. "I can't blast off into space while you're hanging on outside," I heard her complain to Bjorn. "Then go do something else," he told her. She stomped off, luckily not in the direction of the dollhouse.

I came home from work to find a text message from Alicia on my phone. "Almost Dad's time," it said. I went over to the house and chatted with her while we waited for Dad to get home from the lab.

"Why don't you come over to my place?" I asked. "See your grandchildren, maybe shoot some hoops."
"I'd like that," said Dad, "but I need to get some sleep first. I'm really tired."

I picked up a book and went upstairs to read. Dad was sound asleep, but Alicia was still up. "I'm going to miss him so much," she sobbed, as I gave her a hug. "It'll be okay," I said. "You can always come over to our place." Belatedly I remembered that she had become a kleptomaniac since I'd moved out. Still, the offer held.

When Dad woke up, I took him home with me. I had to go to work, but he promised to stick around until I came back. "I'm not quite ready for the Grim Reaper yet," he said. "There's still a couple of things I've got to do first."

One of the things was destroying the dollhouse.

And the other was a final dance.

He practiced a little on the llama game, and then it was time. Everyone was either at school or work, except for Dewayne, who was downstairs sleeping, so Dad was alone. I guess that's the way he wanted it.

"You had a pretty good life," said Grim. "Kept your dynasty going and managed to get pregnant the one time you were abducted by aliens. Ten good friends, too -- that's probably a record for a loner."

I took his tombstone over to the family plot, which is beginning to fill up.

While I was at the museum, I visited my collection of carved pumpkins. I'm afraid kitschy is the only word for it. But I think the portraits will stand the test of time.

Back at home, I found that Bjorn was on the verge of becoming a teenager. His Uncle Dewayne made the cake for him.

He looks more like me than like his mother, but I'm relieved he didn't inherit his uncles' build. Still, there's a good chance he'll put on weight -- he's a glutton now as well as a loner, and his aspiration is to be a Master Chef.

He's learned how to cook already, and also how to repair toilets. This wasn't the work of gremlins, just the result of having 8 Sims in a house with two bathrooms.

I was so preoccupied with Dad and Bjorn that I completely forgot about my own birthday. I'm a full-fledged adult now.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I provided only 3 of my 10 points this time -- one for writing, one for becoming good friends with Alicia, and one for gaining another 1000 Satisfaction points. Talon's, Dewayne's, and Harper's promotions, along with Bs for the triplets and Bjorn's A accounted for the other 7.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, update Dec 19
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »
Oh, farewell Lewis! I loved the way he spent his last day. Can't leave without making sure the dollhouse is destroyed! I'm so impressed that you manage to nab the tombstones.

I'm also super-impressed by the children's grades! Way to go, guys!

Bjorn is very cute. I look forward to watching him cook delicious meals and then devour them messily. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2016, 07:06:24 PM »
Gosh, Bjorn looks so much like his father!
And like FrancescaFiori, I'm impressed that you've been so diligent about acquiring the gravestones.

Since Houser's the only sim you can control, I'd consider 7/10 points coming from uncontrolled sims to be quite an accomplishment, Watcher.

Good-bye, Lewis, and rest in peace. Your dynasty is in good hands.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »
Sad to see Lewis go but I think he went just the way he wanted to, by himself after a last dance.  The girls get cuter and cuter.  Can hardly wait to see their teen years.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery