Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Completed  (Read 74768 times)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Jan 20
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2017, 03:13:10 PM »
Elsa accomplished so much during her era, even while raising a toddler, and set high standards for the next generations of Zest women to challenge.

It feels like Maki was ready to move out in no time! (Love her yellow and purple outfit)
She and Ishaan make a handsome couple. How rude of that cook to spoil the after-glow of their gold-medal date.
Teen Amber aged up wearing sunglasses--does she resemble Elsa?

Looking forward to learning about Maki's new life.

Amber's eyes are more like Maki's, and she has her father's thin lips. I'm a little sorry to say good-bye to my first toddler, but Amber's traits were not really good -- I rolled goofball, unflirty, and mean for her.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2017, 08:16:16 PM »
Elsa looks every inch the politician in her lovely blazer. I agree with oshizu. What an accomplished lady! Maxed her career and raised the first toddler!

Ishaan is quite a find! But the question remains . . . how is his house?

Very much looking forward to seeing where this generation will live!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »
Chapter 35 -- The First 10 Points and Free Day

The Joysons' apartment was actually quite spacious and seemed to get more light than Maki's parents'. There were 3 bedrooms, two of which were quite large, and one which would be fine for a child. It had only one bathroom, but Maki's bedroom had a walk-in closet that could easily be converted to a bath. If the Watcher had a rule, it was that there should always be two toilets.

Maki's designated skill was programming, and she set to work immediately.  She liked that the computer faced the window. The view wasn't spectacular, but she had less of a feeling that she was cooped up.

The ghost in the apartment came as a surprise. It didn't have the lot trait "haunted," so Maki guessed it must belong to a former resident. The apartment's original traits had been "gnomes" and "penny pixies," but since the Watcher had used these already, they were changed to "cursed" and "romantic aura." Aarohi had the unflirty trait, so she wasn't happy about that, but Ishaan's aspiration was Soulmate, and a little romance in the air would definitely help.

Romantic feelings helped with something other than Ishaan's aspiration. Maki was soon celebrating after a pregnancy test.

Ishaan was happy too, when she told him.

They went out on a date to get away from Aarohi's disapproval. Maki and Ishaan couldn't afford to go anywhere that might involve spending money, but they managed to get to a gold date in the park. And Maki discovered that when you're pregnant, a massage is bliss.

The next day Aarohi became an elder while Maki was in the middle of making her a birthday cake. Apparently there are times when the thought does not count -- Aarohi was sad all day because her birthday had been "forgotten."

Maki invited Elsa over and gave her a key to the apartment. "That's sweet, honey," she said, "but are you sure you want to do this? Don't you remember how much misery it caused when your grandfather died on the premises? And I don't really care whether you put my tombstone in the graveyard. Your father isn't going to die, so it's not like we'd be together anyway."
"Just take the key, Mom," said Maki.

Every morning Ishaan had to check on how the baby was doing. "It's going to be twins, isn't it," he said. "I've got a feeling about this."
"It had better not be twins," said Maki. "One toddler will be enough."

"Omigod, omigod, dial 911, I'll go get water, no I'll drive Maki to the hospital, wait, we don't have a car, omigod, omigod," etc.

Meanwhile, Maki had problems of her own.

But the basketball-sized lump soon resolved itself into a baby. Maki named her Vivian, after one of her great-great grandmothers.

Ishaan soon became a pro at childcare -- both diapering...

...and giving a bottle. Maki decided it would be safe to get a job. True, they were picking up $40 each time someone forgot to wash a dish and left it for the Watcher, but she had no idea how much the upcoming rent would be. And even though she was making good progress with programming, she knew she'd need a job sooner or later.

She went through a yoga routine early the next morning to get focused (and also, she hoped, to lose a little weight). The mind concentration routine paid off because she got promoted on her first day at work.

And early the next morning, Vivian emerged from the bassinet, feeling a bit clingy. Maki decided to take one of the family leave days that she had coming. Thanks to her hard work on programming and other tasks, she'd earned a free day. Navya took a job in business, and Ishaan became an athlete. Since Aarohi was an elder, she decided to stay unemployed and to look after Vivi when Maki had to go back to work.

Work would have been easier, Maki realized. After a long potty training session, Vivi knocked her cereal bowl over even though she was quite hungry. She said her first word, too. "No!"

Maki took her out of the high chair and then dashed to the bathroom to take care of her own potty needs. Vivi threw a tantrum.

Eventually, she consented to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and she was even willing to stay in the high chair while Maki took a shower -- as long as her father and grandmother were talking -- that is, listening -- to her.

Fed and dressed, Vivi decided to wash her hands in the sink she'd found that was just the right size for her.

When Maki found her, she immediately popped her into the bathtub, where Vivi kept trying to eat the bubbles that her mother made in her hair.

While Maki took a much-needed nap, Vivi settled down for a snooze, too.

Opening the toybox was tough, but Vivi was up to the challenge.

The day finally ended for both of them, with Maki reading to her from Rex Treks, that classic tale of dinosaurs, guaranteed to induce slumber during the first paragraph or your money back.

Maki gained 4 points from programming, 2 from becoming good friends with Ishaan and Vivi, 2 from earning 1000 satisfaction points twice, one from a gold medal date, and one from her promotion as a Tech Guru.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Jan 21
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2017, 08:18:57 PM »
Elsa's father won't die because he's one of the City Living weirdo sims?
Since Ezequiel (sp?) had max Handiness, I'd just assumed he was an ex-repairman.

Nice apartment, but the cursed trait sounds challenging. Vivian is a little doll!
That seemed like a quick first free day!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2017, 08:27:52 PM »
"isCityRepair" is one of the hidden traits that makes a Sim immortal. I couldn't even age him up with a cake.
The cursed trait isn't as challenging as I'd hoped it would be. Basically, one of the residents will occasionally get a dazed or angry moodlet. If you have enough happy, inspired, or focused stuff around, you really don't notice. The romantic aura is more of a problem, especially for unflirty Sims. Every time Ishaan and Maki flirt, etc., Aarohi gets tense.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2017, 01:14:13 AM »
Oh, nice! I love that apartment. The rent is low, but it's very spacious and who doesn't love penny pixies?

I heartily agree with Watcher's two-toilet rule.

Vivi is darling. How clever of her to find a sink just the right height for her! :)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »
Chapter 36 -- The Second 10 Points and Free Day

Ishaan arrived home after getting a promotion to locker room attendant. He picked up Vivi so that she could meet her Grandmother Elsa.

Grandmother Aarohi listened to her chatter about peanut butter and jelly.

While Maki worked on her freelance program (someone wanted a blog dedicated to his cat), Ishaan gave Vivi her bath.

He followed that up with some helicopter time.

Vivi enjoyed being upside-down, and Maki was careful not to make her sick.

One day Vivi got juice instead of applesauce. She wondered if she could throw the sippy cup, but the juice tasted too good.

All too soon, and not soon enough, Vivi was ready to leave toddlerhood behind. She finished potty training, but didn't quite make it to level 5 in communication and imagination. With level 3 in movement and thinking, she was a happy toddler.

Growing up meant some new toys. Vivi soon became friends with her pink unicorn.

Her Aunt Navya showed her that she could make all kinds of things with her lump of clay.

Unfortunately, Grandmother Elsa was still fond of demolishing dollhouses. Once she left, Maki locked Vivi's door to everyone but household members.

But the best thing about not being a toddler anymore was not having to sit in a high chair. Free at last!

After finishing her supper, Vivi got a hug from her grandmother. "I'm going to be leaving soon," Aarohi told her, "but I want you to know that I'll always love you."
"Where are you going?" Vivi asked, but her grandmother didn't answer.

At 2:50 pm the next day, Aarohi went out into the elevator lobby.

"Sorry, I'm late," said Grim. "Oh shoot, kid, you're not supposed to be home from school yet."
"What did you do to my grandmother?" Vivi sobbed.
"What's wrong with you people?" Grim complained. "First you let a toddler walk in on me while I'm doing my business, and now this. Look, kid, why don't you go into your apartment and tell whoever's supposed to look after you that I'm here."
"But my grandmother was supposed to look after me."

It had been a long day after a short night for Vivi, and she suddenly couldn't stay awake any longer.
"Well, that's one problem solved," said Grim. "I suppose I'd better call in and tell them I'm stuck baby-sitting until somebody gets home."

Later, Ishaan tried to explain that dying as an elder was a natural part of a Sim's life. "This weekend, we'll take your grandmother's urn to the family cemetery at the museum, and she'll stay there as a ghost. She'll be quite happy, you'll see."
Vivi wasn't totally convinced, but she eventually agreed not to worry any more.

Grandmother Elsa came over that evening just as Aunt Navya was getting home from work. They compared notes on their suits. "I love that herringbone pattern," said Elsa, "but I'm not crazy about those ruffles." "Well, I'd hate to have to wear that big ugly button," said Navya. "The shoes are nice, though."

Navya soon became an elder, and began to learn chess. Her SALES award fit nicely in the trophy case that Ishaan got.

Finally, the free day came, and Vivi went running through the park in Willow Creek.

Ishaan and Maki went out for a date...

Afterwards, Ishaan realized that he'd better develop a few more muscles.

Maki earned 12 points by gaining 2 more points in programming, getting another point for satisfaction, and becoming good friends with Shanaya Gupta. Maki got 3 promotions, Navya got 2, and Ishaan got 1, while Vivi contributed 2 points for mastering potty training. This offset the points that Maki lost when Navya and then Vivi passed out from exhaustion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Jan 24
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2017, 04:54:09 PM »
It's so hard to believe that your dynasty has already reached it's seventh generation!
Ishaan's career outfit is confusing. He's in fast food?

Vivian aged up from an adorable toddler into a very cute little girl.
Has her Happy Toddler trait been making a noticeable difference during her childhood, compared to your previous children?

It's great to see that your game continues to generate nice households for your Zest heirs.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2017, 05:01:44 PM »
It's so hard to believe that your dynasty has already reached it's seventh generation!
Ishaan's career outfit is confusing. He's in fast food?

Vivian aged up from an adorable toddler into a very cute little girl.
Has her Happy Toddler trait been making a noticeable difference during her childhood, compared to your previous children?

It's great to see that your game continues to generate nice households for your Zest heirs.

Ishaan's in the Athletic career. That's the first and last time I saw that outfit. But every time Maki gets promoted, she shows up in the same awful outfit that I'm not going to photograph her in.

It's possible that Vivi will max her Social skill, having picked up 2 points already. I think if you max all 5 toddler skills, they get a better reward trait.

Actually I moved in the Joysons when my number of households dropped below 8, but they came from the unplayed household bin.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2017, 04:47:27 AM »
Aww poor Vivi fainting at the sight of her nan's death :( I like her cute yellow outfit though.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2017, 12:05:39 PM »
I love Vivi's internal struggle. "I want to throw the juice cup, but I also want to drink the juice!"  Toddler life is hard.

Elsa and Navya comparing terrible suits made my day. So funny!

Farewell to Aarohi! Sorry to lose you, but at least now Maki and Ishaan can flirt without having to leave the house. :)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2017, 03:26:26 PM »
Chapter 37 -- The Third 10 Points and Free Day

Three nights in a row, the Zests have had strange, late-night, would-be visitors.

"I'm glad we installed a peephole, so we know who not to invite in," said Ishaan.

"And I'm glad you stay up for a while after coming home from work," said Maki. "I've heard they won't come in if someone is awake."

Before too long, it was time for Maki's adult birthday. She was barely halfway through her 50 points. Would she make it before becoming an elder? At this point, it seemed like a long shot.

That evening, she, Navya, and Vivi ate at the dinner table. "Like civilized people," Navya said approvingly. "We should do this more often." Ishaan was at work, which is why he wasn't there.

He returned with a promotion. "I've heard that vampires can't get at your neck when you're wearing this," Ishaan said happily. Maki wasn't sure about that. She was pretty sure that if a vampire wanted plasma, it got it, but she didn't want to upset Ishaan, who was squeamish.

The next day, Vivi came home from school with her first A.

Grandmother Elsa came over for a visit and had to hear all the details.

She was interested in Ishaan's game, too. "It was my big chance," Ishaan said sadly. "Coach needed someone to kick the field goal, and I could have done that, but I didn't stop to take off the suit. I couldn't even see the ball and I tripped over it." "You'll get another chance," Elsa consoled him.

As she left, Elsa told Maki she'd gotten her first notice from Grim. "I guessed it was about time," said Maki. "From now on I'm sticking to you like gum on the bottom of your shoe."

The next day was Saturday, so Maki spent part of the day over at her parents'. It was good to see her dad and Amber again.

Later that night, as Ishaan was coming home from work, Elsa came to the end of her life. "Lots of accomplishments here," said Grim.

After everyone went to bed, Grim stuck around to watch the debates. Now that Elsa was gone, someone would have to replace her as the National Leader.

Maki met her father and sister at the Museum to set up Elsa's tombstone, and also Aarohi's.

Not long after that, it was time for Vivi's birthday.

She chose the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration and picked up the unflirty trait. She also joined the Landgraab High cheerleading squad.

Finally it was time for another free day. Maki took Ishaan out on a date as soon as he got off work.

They agreed that they would visit the museum in Oasis Springs again, now that they had a disapproving teenager at home.

Maki became good friends with Navya Joyson, gained 2000 satisfaction points for 2 points, and gained 2 levels in programming. She got a promotion, Navya got a promotion, Vivi got an A, and Ishaan got 2 promotions, for her total of 10 points.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Jan 30
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2017, 10:37:23 PM »
Oh, poor Maki and Ishaan! Their time of uninterrupted, uncriticized love was so brief! Love Ishaan's vampire protection suit. Brilliant! No way they're biting through that!

Farewell to the highly-accomplished Elsa, and happy birthday to Vivi. Love her cheerleading ensemble, particularly the fancy stockings!

Go, Maki! You can do it!

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2017, 05:20:02 AM »
Even Grim needs a break sometimes :)

Loving Vivi's look. Is there such a thing as an unflirty cheerleader though  ;D . Looking forward to seeing what adventures Maki's final 20 points take her on.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »
@FrancescaFiori, @cyclonenic, I kind of hoped that one of the vampires would try to go for Ishaan's plasma while he was in the suit, but it didn't happen. Given that it's made out of pixels, I'm pretty sure it won't stop vampires, but would make for an odd screenshot.

I feel for Vivi. She inherited her grandfather Ezequiel's build, she's unflirty, and she's going to have to marry someone older. And people keep dying...