Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Completed  (Read 74790 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Feb 4
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2017, 11:21:59 AM »
Olive is such a spitfire! I loved her "air bath" and her acts of vandalism. I've been micromanaging my toddlers, but this makes me very intrigued by what they'll get up to when left to their own devices. :) Also loved her reaction to tasting peas!

How nice that Marcos has been such a good spouse.

Farewell to Maki! Considerate of her to invite herself over so the family could be nearby when it happened. Also to warn Grim not to wake the baby. That was very sweet.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2017, 12:18:45 PM »
@oshizu, Olive has the wild trait, which is certainly cuter than fussy and clingy, the traits my toddlers had earlier. She tends to jump up and down in excitement sometimes, which is something I wish I could capture in a screenshot.

@FrancescaFiori, Maki telling Grim not to bother the rest of the family was my interpretation of the fact that no one showed up to witness the death. There are some advantages to large houses. And if anyone knows what it's like to have a household full of people with the very sad moodlet for 2 days, it's Maki. I was really surprised that Grim came upstairs to Olive's room, though.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2017, 02:03:58 PM »
Chapter 43 -- The Third 10 Points and Free Day

In Olive's opinion, it was too early for bed, so when Vivi stepped out of the room for a moment, she went exploring.

Vivi tracked her down. She set Olive in her bed and sat down to read.
"NO," said Olive. "Do it mySELF."
Olive crawled out of bed and walked around to get back in.

It's only one more day, thought Vivi. Just one more day, and we'll all have survived her toddlerhood.

The next morning, after going potty and eating half a peanut butter sandwich (and throwing the rest on the floor) and refusing to take a bath, Olive sat on her bed and felt very sorry for herself because everyone had gone away. "It's my BIRFday," she complained. "Where did they all go?"

Then she heard some music and went upstairs to investigate. Everyone was dancing, so Olive danced too.

After a few minutes of dancing, Vivi brought her downstairs to blow out her candles.

Then she put the finishing touches on her painting while Olive picked out her wardrobe. This painting was one that would definitely not be sold.

Olive was tired after the morning's exertions, so she took a nap.

She then demonstrated that unlike some Sim children, she had no trouble climbing stairs after growing up. Probably it was a result of all the practice she'd gotten going up to the third floor.

That night she discovered that childhood had its own hazards. A monster appeared underneath her bed, so she went into Aunt Akshara's and Siya's room while her mother chased the monster away with a spray bottle and her dad talked to her.

Rather than going back to bed, Olive went outside to dance with Siya and Shaurya.

The next day she discovered why that had been a bad idea. She really needed to pee when she left for school, but was able to wait until she got into the building.

Coming home, Olive was less fortunate. There was just too much space between her and any bed, so she lay down on the sidewalk.
"I have no idea who this child is," Shaurya told a passing stranger.

Ater the free day started, Olive did some homework, with Vivi's help. Vivi also put up a Coolala lamp in her room and in Akshara's room, just in case.

It hasn't all been about Olive, though. Marcos got a promotion, and a new, possibly vampire-proof, uniform.

Vivi was promoted, too. While her career outfit is a little strange, it doesn't come close to what Maki had to endure.

Vivi spent some of her free day working out and improving her friendship with Akshara (although not to the point where they became good friends.)

She was happy to have time for yoga again, too.

Vivi completed the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration for 2 points and also picked up a point for another 1000 Satisfaction points. Starting the Mansion Baron aspiration brought her another 3 points for satisfaction. She, Marcos, and Siya were all promoted for 3 points, and Vivi picked up 2 points for gaining skill in the pipe organ. She lost one point when Olive passed out.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Feb 6
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2017, 11:05:54 AM »
Chapter 44 -- The Fourth 10 Points and Free Day

No one ever went into the dining room, so that was where the pipe organ was put when Vivi took it up after maxing painting. But now that she was in there...first Shaurya...

...then Marcos...

...then Olive considered it to be the perfect place for breakfast. Since Vivi wasn't able to play tunes yet, one can only assume the entire household is tone-deaf.

They show up now even when Vivi is not playing, so it's possible that they just never realized this well-decorated room existed.

Shaurya soon had a birthday and became a scientist when the next free day rolled around.

Marcos was promoted from mascot to dance team captain.

One morning when Olive was at school, he and Vivi took Maki's remains out to the family cemetery. "If it weren't for Maki," said Marcos, "you and I might never have met."

Coming home from school that day, Olive met a strange fellow at the front door. She didn't like him, though, and hopefully, he'll have disappeared from her relationship panel by the time she starts her own household.

The free day arrived, and Marcos took the opportunity to retire. He just got his second notice from Grim, but he's active and at level 7 fitness, so there's hope he'll be around a little while longer. He was promoted to minor leaguer, but he decided he'd rather stay home and enjoy his last few days.

Akshara was put to work mopping up all the puddles in the house. She wasn't happy about it, but it seems a small price to pay for living in something that will soon qualify as a mansion.

Olive spent some time playing in her new puppet theater.

Eventually, it was time for homework, though, so she had to say "dag dag!"

And Vivi had her adult birthday. Only ten more points, and she'll be able to hand the responsibility for the dynasty to Olive.

Vivi added another $30,000 to household income, gained another 1000 satisfaction points and became good friends with Akshara Anand for 4 points. Vivi and Akshara were both promoted once, Marcos was promoted twice, and Olive came home with a B for 5 points. Finally, Vivi gained another level in pipe organ to complete 10 points.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Feb 9
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2017, 12:17:45 PM »
How funny that the siren song of horrible organ playing lured everyone into the never-used dining room!

Vivi is doing so well! Only ten points to go and Olive is still a child! Nice work!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »
How funny that the siren song of horrible organ playing lured everyone into the never-used dining room!

What I love about playing this way is that you get to see all the strange things Sims do on their own.

Vivi is doing so well! Only ten points to go and Olive is still a child! Nice work!

It's a bit of a spoiler, but Olive is going to become the heir before she becomes a teen. Child heirs are okay, as long as you have enough money on hand to cover repair costs and send people out to eat when they get tired of cereal.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2017, 01:22:52 PM »
I'm also very amused that the dining room has become the new gathering spot. I wonder what determines where the household wants to gather.

Vivi has done really well and husband Marco has been a real champ as well.
Doing Mansion Baron while living in Yuma Heights seems like a great combination--well played.

Wow, a child heir!  And would you please explain what you mean by "send people out to eat"?  Where do they go?
I notice when I hire a nanny, the non-toddler sims eat her food, too, if the fridge is empty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2017, 01:45:11 PM »
@oshizu, By "send people out to eat," I mean, send the whole family to a restaurant or to any of the neighborhoods in San Myshuno where there are food vendors. But I think I've found another solution...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2017, 11:40:40 AM »
Chapter 45 -- The Last 10 Points and Free Day

After her birthday, Vivi got some new, more matronly clothing. As she was now the owner of a mansion, she wanted to dress with more dignity.

"It looks like you're going to be taking over the dynasty as a child," she warned Olive. "You won't need to score any points for a while, but you will be responsible for making sure the plumbing works. That shouldn't be a problem, though. Now that I sold the extra violins I bought, there should be enough to cover replacements until you become a teen.
"Mom, it's going to be fine," said Olive. "No worries here."

Vivi was not reassured, so she enlisted Marcos to help her. "It's an awesome responsibility, young lady," he said. "The Watcher is depending on you."
"I know it's awesome," said Olive. "Totally."

Early the next morning, Olive showed her parents the new play she was working on for her puppet theatre.

It was "My Pet Monster," about a little girl who owned a monster. Vivi felt her eyes welling up with tears as she watched. It was hard to believe that her little girl was growing up.

Later that day, the new butler arrived. His name was Daichi Shimizu, no relation to Marcos or Izumi and her family. (Note: Now that no one is earning points, a butler doesn't cost anything except simoleons.)

The butler gave his orientation to the assembled household: "You will address me as 'Shimizu,' but not 'Shim' or 'Shimmy.' I will address you as Master, Miss, or --" he looked around. "Mistress Vivian is missing?"
"Mom's at work," Olive volunteered. "Actually, I'm the only one you'll be taking orders from so you might as well let everyone else go."

The butler coughed. "Well then, Miss Olive, you should know that I'll be preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner at 0800, noon, and 1800 precisely. I'll make necessary repairs and clean -- and I might add that this house is in dire need of cleaning -- in exchange for $12 an hour." He paused expectantly.
Olive rose to the occasion. "That will be all, Shim--" The butler glared at her. "--izu," she continued. "Welcome aboard."

Olive had a few hours left as a child. She still needed to work on her Social Butterfly aspiration so she went to the park to meet some children. Sadly, there weren't any there. In fact, Olive was the only child in the whole of the Sim world.

She did have fun on the water slide, although there was an embarrassing moment when her attempt at a trick failed.

Later, she got her social skill up to 10 by chatting with her great-grandfather Ezequiel.

Leaving the park, she went to the home of the only teen in town, her prospective spouse. To her dismay, the house was entirely empty of furniture.

Back at home, Vivi looked up from the chessboard. "Did anyone feel anything?" she asked. "Not like an earthquake. Just something odd."
"It's the end of the free day, Mom," said Olive. "The Watcher has transferred her attention to me now."

"But I'll always love you," said Marcos, and he serenaded her to prove it. For someone who has no singing skill, he actually sounded pretty good.

Olive took a picture of herself...

...and then she took one of Marcos in case Grim came for him before she could paint his portrait.

Then she took from the refrigerator the cake that Vivi had baked for her and blew out her candles.

Final Stats for Vivian Zest
Skills: 7 -- painting 4, pipe organ 3
Promotions: 16 -- Vivi 5, Marcos 4, Siya 2, Akshara 2, Olive 2, Shaurya 1
$30,000 Added: 6
1000 Satisfaction Points: 11
Good Friends: 3 -- Marcos Shimizu, Olive Zest, Akshara Anand
Maxed Skills/Aspirations: 8 -- Vivi painting 2, Olive potty training 2/ Vivi Painter Extraordinaire, Mansion Baron 4
Negatives: -1 -- Olive pass out.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Feb 10
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2017, 12:35:16 PM »
Wow! Shimizu is awfully stern for a guy with a giant blond mohawk. I'm guessing somebody has tried to call him "Shimmy" before. :D

Congrats to Vivi and hooray for Olive. It's really interesting seeing how you manage the family while only being able to control the child!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2017, 02:08:01 PM »
Look at Vivian's final stats, I was surprised to note that Marcos had just one less promotion than his wife.
Great work, Marcos, considering that you weren't a controlled sim.
At one point, it seemed that Vivi would be the unluckiest of all her descendants in terms of spouse prospects.
How amazing that she managed to turn her luck around, resulting in Olive--the youngest heir ever.

Olive visiting the empty house where her future spouse used to live...what a very sad moment!
Wow, even housed sims cannot escape being culled? I never knew!
But wait, she's the only child in the simverse now. I'm dying to know what happens next...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
Look at Vivian's final stats, I was surprised to note that Marcos had just one less promotion than his wife.
Great work, Marcos, considering that you weren't a controlled sim.
At one point, it seemed that Vivi would be the unluckiest of all her descendants in terms of spouse prospects.
How amazing that she managed to turn her luck around, resulting in Olive--the youngest heir ever.

Olive visiting the empty house where her future spouse used to live...what a very sad moment!
Wow, even housed sims cannot escape being culled? I never knew!
But wait, she's the only child in the simverse now. I'm dying to know what happens next...

No, her future spouse currently lives there. Apparently when a Sim dies all their possessions go with them if they were the last in the house. Since Summer Holiday, Liberty Lee, and Travis Scott used to live in the house and are all gone now, it's empty. Luckily, unplayed Sims don't really need plumbing or appliances.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2017, 02:51:56 PM »
Thank you for explaining why the house is empty.
I mistakenly thought she felt dismay because he'd moved. Rather, she's less than happy about moving into an empty house.
Quite a letdown after those lavish Yuma Height digs!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2017, 03:27:18 PM »
Chapter 46 -- Transition to Olive

The first thing every new dynasty heir does -- repair a toilet.

The second is to start working on her collection. Olive has chosen postcards.

They're not very exciting, but it does give her a reason to check the mailbox.

As the days passed, Olive tried to make sure she spent some quality time with Marcos. Telling him vampire jokes might not have been the best way to do that, though.

Vivi took advantage of the fact that she was no longer under the Watcher's thumb to play video games with him.

And finally, Marcos died. He was a great dynasty spouse, and we'll miss him.

Vivi was very sad to see him go. Olive took her to the family cemetery to set up his tombstone. "I bet if you come here late at night you can hook up with his ghost," she told her mother. Vivi didn't think much of the idea.

"Hey, did I tell you the latest vampire joke I heard?" Inside, Olive continued to try to cheer up her mother, but Vivi was just too sad.

The butler, Shimizu, is a little strange. Every night at 2 am, also midnight and 4 am, he makes a point of cleaning the computer in Shaurya's room.

In his free time, he busks in San Myshuno. Given the amount of money he makes, he doesn't really need tips. Given the amount, in fact, he should be able to buy a better guitar.

The final objective for an heir is to find a future spouse. This is Aarush Banerjee, a goofball and a bro and the only teen-aged boy living in Sim world. He's going to go into the athletic career when Olive marries him, making him the 4th spouse to do so. (The others were Olivia, Ishaan, and of course, Marcos.)

Aarush doesn't have the jealous trait, but anyone would get cross if his girlfriend spent her time checking her text messages instead of talking to him.

Sometimes they played chess. "Wow, what a swimsuit!" said Olive. When Aarush returned to the game, he was rather annoyed to find she had switched pieces. "If you weren't such a lech, I wouldn't have been able to cheat," she said primly.

The day before he became a young adult, Aarush and Olive went out on a date and became boyfriend and girlfriend. "I'm going to be stuck with the unflirty trait when I grow up," she told him, "so I have to get our romance bar as high as I can now." "Works for me," said Aarush.

One thing a teen heir can do with her young adult boyfriend is get him to help with her homework. It builds friendship and helps with grades, too.

Because Aarush has absolutely no furniture and not much money, Olive has been painting like crazy to bring something she can sell to her new home. However, she didn't want to max painting, so she switched to photography. "Moonrise at the Bluffs -- Windenburg" is her favorite photo.

The next time you see the Zest Heirs' Gallery, Olive's portrait will be there and her child will be standing in front.

Olive wasn't sure whether the butler's portrait should be included, so she hung it but didn't include its value in her total. She also put up two selfies -- one from when she first became the heir and another of her as a teen.

Finally it was time for her birthday. After blowing out her candles, Olive baked a white cake and took it to the museum in Willow Creek.

Despite some inept kisses and reluctant embraces, Olive was able to get Aarush to accept her proposal.

The arch at the museum might not have fireworks attached to it, but it's not buggy either.

Olive's mother and her housemates all attended (Vivi decided to skip work), and helped make it a gold wedding -- the first (and last) in Zest history.

Olive tracked down Aarush in the bathroom for his first bite of cake.

After the ceremony, they returned to their completely unfurnished home.

Olive's Stats upon Moving in
Portraits: $737
Collection: postcards, $395
Satisfaction Points: 125
Household Income: $2,744
Aspiration: Renaissance Sim

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Zest, Feb 13
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2017, 03:48:13 PM »
Teenage Olive is so cute in her turquoise argyle knee socks! I was a little sorry to see the socks go.

Rest in peace, Marco. You made great contributions to the Zest dynasty!

Congrats to Olive on finding love and throwing a lovely (gold-medal) wedding!
Can't wait to read about her life in the new home!