Author Topic: The Sunset Valley Life: Season One  (Read 5074 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Sunset Valley Life: Season One
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 05:52:17 PM »
I loved Stiles' reply "What style?"  That cracked me up.  I like how you're building the characters in this story.  :D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 03:23:22 AM »
I'm just catching up on this board after a couple of weeks away, and here's another new and great Sunset Valley townie story! I really enjoyed what you've got so far. I don't think I've ever seen anyone pair Tamara and Leighton before. Can't wait to see where this goes!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 11:58:28 AM »
I just love the last screenshot - Cyclon's facial expression as he looks at Blair is just perfect.  The pairing up of Leighton and Tamara is certainly an interesting one and I look forward to seeing how it progresses.  I really like the way you are telling these sims stories.
By the way your previous post involving Claire inspired me to start a new game of my own with her.  Having only recently installed Supernatural I decided to make her a fairy with attitude.  At present her son is now a child and the spitting image of Jared and Claire is becoming romantically interested in Iqbal Alvi of all people who is also a fairy.  Quite where this will go I have no idea at present but he asked her on a date and they watched the stars.  Money is still an issue for her but they are surviving just.
Look forward to your next update.

Offline diamonddaisy

• Nooboo
Episode 1.3: The Langerak Family
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 05:38:37 AM »
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Every morning, Illiana would get out of bed and prepare for another day of hard work. To most sims, this would be the most dreaded part of the day, but for Illiana, it was just the icing on the cake. The metaphorical cake was the work itself, which Illiana enjoyed immensely. After finishing off a breakfast of plain cornflakes, she got dressed in her plain suit and jumped into her plain car and drove off to her plain job.

As soon as Illiana left for work, the rest of the Langerak family rose for the morning. Dustin, Illiana's husband, whipped up a batch of waffles for the kids, Parker and Kaylynn. Meanwhile, her sister Zelda disappeared into the garden for a morning of gardening. By the time Dustin had gone back upstairs for a shower, the kids had dashed out the door for school.

This left Zelda and Dustin alone in the house together. Dustin had his day almost planned out. He would watch some daytime television (a personal favourite of his), read a few cooking books, put what he'd learnt into practice in the kitchen, eat it, then go to work and cook for other people. It was his usual routine, but it was usual for a reason. However, Zelda had other ideas...

"Hey, Dustin," she said, approaching him after breakfast.

"Hi Zelda. How are you?" Dustin replied, noticing the flirtatious look in her eye.

"Fine. Do you want to hang out with me today? I've done all my gardening," Zelda suggested, moving in a little closer.

"Uh, well, I wasn't planning on much... I suppose that could be ok." Dustin wasn't opposed to spending time with Zelda. He rather liked it actually. But that didn't stop him from feeling guilty.

He'd been married to Illiana for quite some time now - 20 years, to be precise. Their marriage had been a very happy one, and they'd manage to raise their children in a happy, healthy environment. But all that changed when Zelda arrived. Supposedly, she was only supposed to be staying a week or two until she sorted herself out. That time had come and gone, and now everyone had just accepted that she'd be staying for the long haul. But during that time, during all the days where Illiana was at work and the kids were at school, Dustin and Zelda had got to know each other quite well indeed...

Later that evening, Kaylynn was getting an early start on her homework. She usually did it with Parker, but he was in detention again, so she had to do it by herself. All the while she was dreading intervention from her mother, who would always swoop in to help her with things she already knew and then somehow moved the conversation onto Kaylynn's future. She was sure she meant well, but that didn't stop it from being annoying.

"Good evening, Kaylynn," said her mother as she sat down beside her, "How was school today?"

"Fine mum, just the same as every day," Kaylynn sighed, not bothering to hide how much she dreaded her mother "helping" with her homework.

Illiana looked put out. "Well I'm sorry to bother you." The two sat in silence, with only the scratching of Kaylynn's pencil disturbing the quiet. Soon enough, Illiana started up the conversation. "You know, your birthday is coming up..."

Just before Illiana could launch into birthday party plans, Kaylynn heard the door creaking open, and then the heavy footsteps of her brother coming back from school. More grateful for her brothers arrival than she probably should be, she excused herself from the table and dashed to the door to chat with Parker.

"Hey, little sis! How's it?" asked Parker as Kaylynn raced to greet him.

"Pretty good. You just saved me from party planning, so thanks," she explained, and the two siblings laughed.

"I guess it's good I came when I did," Parker remarked after they'd got over their laughter.

"Yeah, it was. You wanna catch up on some homework? I've done most of mine but we can still work together," Kaylynn suggested, and Parker took her up on her offer. The two disappeared up the stairs, leaving the living room empty, save for Dustin and Zelda.

"I love this song," Zelda said wistfully as she danced. She beckoned Dustin to get up and dance with her, and after checking that Illiana was absorbed in her work in the other room, he did. As they danced, Zelda continued talking.

"I wish we didn't have to keep this a secret," Zelda murmured, referring to their secret romance.

"Me too," said Dustin, though he wasn't 100% sure if he did. He loved Illiana and Zelda equally, and he always felt guilty about it, loving two sisters. Then there was the kids - how would they react? Parker might be able to cope, what with him being older, but Kaylynn... He couldn't do that to Kaylynn.

"We don't have to stay here forever, you know," Zelda said, shuffling a little closer to Dustin.

"We don't?" asked Dustin. He knew perfectly well what Zelda meant, he just wanted to put off the thought for as long as possible.

"Nope. We can leave whenever we want." Zelda continued to move closer.

"But what about the kids? I don't want to hurt them. And besides, you love them as much as I do," Dustin tried to reason with her. He knew Zelda was fond of her niece and nephew, and she'd never dream of making life harder for them. Though it seemed that she wasn't so worried about that any more...

"I know..." For once Zelda seemed hesitant. "But they're old enough now, they'll cope, especially with Illiana to look after them."

"I don't think we can. We'll just need to cope the way we are," Dustin said, and Zelda looked a little disappointed. Fair enough - if Dustin's grand romantic plans had just been dashed on the rocks, he'd be a little disappointed as well.

"Well, if we can't leave we can at least go watch the stars tonight. After Illiana's gone to bed?" Zelda suggested, and Dustin agreed. now that was something he could manage, as he'd always loved watching the stars, especially with the woman he loved.

The two of them waited up for a while watching TV together, listening closely for the tap tapping of Illiana's typing to stop. As they waited, they heard the kids upstairs stop talking and quieten down for the night. They could still hear Parker's music, but at least there was no chance of him coming downstairs to bother them. Finally, Illiana said goodnight and ascended the stairs, leaving them alone for good.

"Shall we?" Zelda asked as she stood up, extending her hand for Dustin to take. With a smile, Dustin grabbed her hand and Zelda led them out to the deck. Settling down, they relaxed and watched the stars go by. Zelda could've sworn she saw a shooting star at least three times, but Dustin never saw any. She was a little hopeful liked that. They were so caught up in their stargazing that they didn't hear the front door opening...

"Dad? Aunt Zelda?" It was Parker, and he'd just caught Dustin and Zelda. "What the heck?"

Dustin and Zelda, after realising they had company, scrambled to their feet. Blushing, none of them knew what to say. When Dustin saw the look on Parkers face, he suddenly realised why getting together with his sister in law had been a bad idea. He looked betrayed, almost like he'd seen his own partner cheating. The guilt Dustin had felt before became amplified, and he almost felt like crying.

"What the heck?" Parker repeated. Either he was in shock or he wanted an answer.

"Look, Parker, we can explain," Zelda said, stepping forward, but Parker cut her off.

"No, I don't wannna hear from you, auntie Zelda." He shot a scathing glare at his father. "When were you planning on telling me?"

Dustin looked sheepish. "I wasn't planning on telling you at all..."

"Of course you weren't," Parker through up his arms in frustration. "What about Mum? Or Kaylynn? Where we ever gonna find out?"

"Look, Parker. No one was ever going to find out, ok?" Dustin explained, feeling a little frustrated himself.

"And no one ever will," Zelda added with a nod, and Parker just gave her a dirty look.

"I'm gonna tell Mum," Parker sighed, but Dustin grabbed onto his arm before he could make it back inside.

"No, you're not," Dustin said, "No one will know, that's the most important thing. If you tell her mother, it will destroy her. If you tell your sister, her childhood will be ruined, understand? This is between you, me, and Zelda, alright?"

Parker looked hesitant. But after some consideration, he nodded. "Fine, I won't tell anyone. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna forget it."

With that, Parker stomped into the house, leaving Zelda and Dustin alone together. Dustin leaned against the wall. "Well that went well."

Zelda stepped over and kissed his cheek. "It's ok, baby. We'll cope. Parker said he wouldn't tell anyone, so I think we can trust him, yeah?"

Dustins smiled. "Yeah."

Zelda kissed him on the lips, and Dustin fell into it as well, and soon they had enaged in a full on make out session. All while Illiana slept just above them...

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 06:28:04 AM »
Poor Iliana! I hope she finds out and Parker does tell her. Shame on Dustin and Zelda, especially Dustin, asking his son to lie for him! (Can you tell I have no sympathy for people who cheat on their partner?  ;D )

That said, I look forward to seeing what happens next!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 10:02:20 AM »
Nice chapter about the Langerak family. Sad for Illiana. Maybe Parker will tell her and she teach the two culprits a lesson. Looking forward for next family chapter.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2017, 01:28:04 PM »
The eternal triangle Dustin, Illiana, Zelda - love it.  I really like the way you are telling this.  Can hardly wait to see how things pan out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »
Now there's a love triangle that can never work out well for anyone. :o  But I do feel for poor Illiana.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline diamonddaisy

• Nooboo
Episode 1.4: The Bachelor Family
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2017, 04:13:20 AM »

Bella wasn't like the rest of her family - she had never been. The Bachelor family was one of the more conventional families in Sunset Valley. Her mother, Jocasta, worked a part time job at the bookshop, though she still had plenty of time to be a housewife. Her father, Simis, was a working man and one of Sunset Valley's best journalists. Her older brother, Michael, was a typical jock. Bella, however, leaned towards the weird, and as she grew older, she started to grow fond of things that were more gothic...

When she smelled the tell-tale smell of her mother burning waffles and heard her yelling for them to "come an get it!", Bella hopped out of bed and went down the stairs. She was the first one down, so she took this time to have a chat with her mother.

"Good morning, Bella dear," Jocasta greeted her as she put the leftover batter in the fridge.

"Morning mum," she said. "Can Mortimer comes over for dinner tonight?"

At the mere mention of her best friends name, Jocasta stiffened. "Umm... I'm not sure. What about that nice Kaylynn girl? Then Michael could have Parker over as well."

Bella frowned. "I barely know Kaylynn, so no. Why can't Mortimer come over?"

Jocasta resorted to one of her favourite phrases. "Ask your father."

So that's what she did. When Michael and Simis came downstairs to a plateful of burnt waffles, Bella asked her father.

"Hey dad?" she asked, and Simis gave her a glance. "Can Mortimer come over for dinner tonight?"

Simis shrugged. "If it's alright with your mother."

Bella gave an inward sigh of frustration. Would she need to spend all day trying to let Mortimer come over?

"Well, you have your answer now, dear," Jocasta said with a smug smile.

Bella rolled her eyes. "Why not?"

"Oh, uh..." Jocasta faltered. "He's, uh... Not a good influence."

"Just let her have her friend over," Simis interjected, and with a less than inconspicuous sigh, Jocasta relented.

Immediately after breakfast, Bella rang up Mortimer.

"Hi, Bella," Mortimer's voice said over the phone.

"Hey! I asked mum and dad, they said you can come over tonight," Bella told him excitedly.

"Cool! What if I come over now, and then we can go to the park," Mortimer suggested, and Bella smiled.

"Sure! Come over right now and then we can go," Bella said with a nod, and then, after saying their goodbyes, Bella hung up.

The young girl dashed up the stairs and pulled open the doors of her closet. She looked at her options. Red dress... red dress... red dress... red dress... red dress... Yes! That red dress was perfect! She pulled it off of the clothes hanger and started to change. Almost as soon as she was done, the doorbell rang. Bella ran excitedly down the stairs and opened the door. There was Mortimer.

"Hi!" she smiled, then pulled her friend into a hug. The two had been friends for as long as she could remember, and she found she had always been more comfortable at Mortimer's house than her own. So she tried to spend as much time with him as possible - hopefully he didn't get sick of her.

"Should we bike down to Central Park?" Mortimer asked, but Bella had a better idea.

"No. Maywood Glen is closer and way nicer," she told him, and Mortimer agreed with a nod.

"Sure!"

The two of them jogged down the street as Maywood Glen wasn't far from the Bachelor home. Almost as soon as they got there, Bella engaged her friend in a game of tag, and soon they were sprinting around all over the place. Yelling and laughing, they were deemed an annoyance by everyone else who was there at the time, and soon they all cleared off. Soon, the kids had the glen all to themselves.

"I just feel like no one gets me," Bella complained as the two rested after their game of tag. She was, of course, talking about her family.

"Really?" asked Mortimer, who wasn't used to deep conversations.

"Yeah. Especially mum. She doesn't like it that I only hang out with you." Bella scuffed the ground with her feet.

"I'm the only person you hang out with?"

Bella flushed. "No! Wait, yes... uh... I have lots of friends at school, you know that. But you're... y'know... my best friend."

"Oh right. I get it," Mortimer said with a simple smile. He tended not to understand the more complicated things in life. He wasn't dumb - he was actually rather intelligent - but he was an arty type, and he always had his head in the clouds.

"Wanna go play chess?" he suggested, pointing to the vacant table close by.

"Sure," Bella agreed, and they made their way over to the chess table.

"I can't wait to grow up. Being a teen looks so fun," Bella remarked dreamily as they started their tenth match that day.

"But there's so much homework in high school," Mortimer groaned, "and you need to worry about girlfriends."

"I guess... But Michael gets the same amount of homework I do, and he's a teen," Bella retorted, and Mortimer took a moment to consider his rebuttle.

"Yeah, but it's way harder."

Bella couldn't argue with that. It was then that she glanced down to her watch, and her eyes bulged when she saw the time. Eight o'clock - Jocasta would freak!

"Oh my gosh we gotta go home!" Bella cried, leaping out of her chair. She grabbed Mortimer by the wrist and they made a mad dash back to Bella's house in time for tea. When they got home, Jocasta was less than impressed, but she knew better than to yell at her daughter while they had company.

"So what did you two get up to today?" Jocasta asked as they settled in for a dinner of autumn salad."

"We just hung out at the park, played some chest," Bella said, picking through her salad.

"How nice," she replied, and the dinner fell into an awkward silence. Oddly enough, Mortimer was the one to break it.

"This salad is really nice, Mrs. Bachelor," he complimented her, and Jocasta looked quite chuffed.

"Why thank you, Mortimer. The secret is..."

Jocasta launched into a long-winded spiel about her great great great grandmothers autumn salad recipe. Though Mortimer managed to put on an interested face, Bella could tell he was bored out of his skull. This was progress though. Jocasta liked anyone who complimented her cooking, and if Mortimer continued to do it, Jocasta might be more lenient in letting him come over. She could only hope.

As the evening wound down to a close, Mortimer found it was time to go home.

"Thank you very much for the salad, Mrs. Bachelor. It was delicious," he said with a smile to Jocasta.

"My pleasure. Come any time!" Jocasta chirped. Bella suddenly felt hopeful. But the feeling disappeared as suddenly as it came. There was no way Jocasta would've changed her mind that quickly, it wasn't like her. She'd be the same old skeptical Jocasta she always had been in the morning.

Bella watched as he cycled away, waving goodbye as she did. She hoped he would get home alright, considering how dark it was. Once he was gone, Bella spent the last few moments of her evening on the swingset in the backyard.

Somehow she had to get away from this family, even just for a little bit. She did love her family very much, there was no doubt about that. But she was so ill-suited to be a part of it that half the time she felt suffocated. She wasn't allowed to be herself, hang out with who she wanted to, or even like what she wanted to like. She just wanted to get away as soon as possible...

Suddenly, she had an idea.

The next morning, Michael woke up early for his morning workout. He liked to keep in shape - if he wanted to be a superstar athlete he was going to have to be. As he did his workout and watched all the attractive people on the workout video, his mind drifted back to last nights awkward dinner. Why did Bella insist on making things weird by bringing Mortimer over? She knew none of them liked him very much, so why bother? At least she has someone to bring over for dinner. Who do I have?. Michael sighed and switched off the video. He'd been feeling down about his distinct lack of a girlfriend, and today he'd decided he needed to talk to someone.

He couldn't talk to his parents - they were too old to understand a modern teenage mind. So he went to the next best person, his best friend, Parker Langerak.

"Hey, guy. What's up?" Parker asked, sounding like he'd just woken up.

"Not much, just wondering if you wanted to hang out later," Michael inquired.

"Sure thing, I need to get out of the house anyway. See ya at Central Park, man." He hung up.

Michael sighed. It was just like Parker to not bother making plans and just show up whenever. While that worked out for Parker, it didn't for whoever he was meeting up with. But Michael knew well enough that when Parker made plans, he usually went straight to the meetup spot. So, after yelling to his parents that he was going out, Michael was out of the house.

"Hey, guy," Parker greeted him as Michael arrived at the park. Sure enough, Michael's prediction had been right.

"Hi Parker, how's it?" he asked, and Parker gave a half-hearted shrug.

"Ok, I guess. You?" Michael could tell that something was up with Parker. He certainly wasn't his usual, lively self.

"Same as you."

Being the awkward teenage boys that they were, talking about feelings and problems. Unfortunately for them, both of them had problems they needed to talk about. Michael didn't know what Parker's problem was - although he knew that there was one - so he decided to just come out with his problem. It was better than organising an outing where they were just going to sit in awkward silence.

The two boys crossed over the park to a nearby bench and sat down.

"How do you think I'm gonna get a girlfriend?" Michael asked in dismay, and Parker gave him an odd look.

"I dunno, man. Ask a girl out?" he suggested. Romance was definitely not his forte, but he was better than nothing.

Michael rolled his eyes. "It's not as simple as that."

"Well, what do you want me to say? It's not like I've ever had a girlfriend." Parker gave him a sideways glance.

It was clear to Michael that Parker had too much to deal with in his own personal life to worry about Michael's girlfriend issue. So after a bit of friendly banter to put them back on good terms, Michael bid his friend farewell and they went their separate ways. Michael didn't feel like going home just yet, so he wandered around Sunset Valley for a while, trying to figure out his problem by himself. He could always wait until prom rolled around, then everyone would be after someone to go out with. Until he thought of something better, he would go with that plan. He arrived outside the gym and decided that he may as well work out while he was there.

After hopping onto the treadmill, he started to think further about his problem. He supposed he could try and find someone between now and prom, but who could he possibly go out with? All the girls at the Community High School were either taken, uninterested, or lame. So really, there weren't any options. His train of thought was interrupted, however, when his foot slipped and suddenly he was face down on the treadmill. What a wonderful day...

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2017, 10:55:07 PM »
Good to see Jocasta accepting Mortimer. Bella and Mortimer look cute together. And oops, hope he didn't hurt his face on the treadmill and finds a romance in his life. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

anything