Author Topic: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Dec 11)  (Read 99111 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Feb 21)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 08:35:35 PM »
I was wondering if the wedding night involved a "try for baby" interaction (he says, sounding completely non-romantic).  Loving how you're handling it story-wise.  We get to enjoy knowing what's happening while also seeing the insanity it causes.  Clever stuff!
Loved Vlad answering his followers' questions.  Really clever twist on the normal storytelling approach.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »
I find it so fascinating that, after your Zest dynasty ended with the 9th heir Vivian in the Internet Celebrity career, Vlad manifests with all her internet savvy and a viral video!
What a brilliant idea to use Vlad's interactions with his "followers" to explain about not only Vlad's basement life but also the new Sims 4 vampires in general.

Also, I'm curious to see how the ruling about Vlad and the toddlers works out. In my RDC, he and his toddler son spent literally day and night together but they remained acquaintances until the son became a child. They were frequently spawning those red plus signs.

About Cassandra, will it only be possible for a future teen heir to age her up, after befriending her and having a young adult birthday?
Or may a young adult befriend her than have her blow out birthday candles?

The early ageing-up can be a boon at times but also makes the gameplay feel very hectic (for me). I'm glad you're taking the time to weave the story you want to tell.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 04:19:39 AM »
Awww, poor Zoe! But I'm really loving Vlad's banter with his followers. It's an excellent way to tell the story - and to tell those of us who haven't got the vampires pack yet how it all works. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 09:06:01 AM »
@oshizu, Aging is on, so Cassandra (and the other teens) will be young adults by the time one of Vlad's descendants is ready to marry. My understanding is that vampires quit aging when they become young adults, not before.

Sorry to hear that Vlad's negative vibes affect toddlers, too. I'll have to give him that reconfiguration drink then, although right now he's best friends with the baby.

The viral video option is connected to charisma -- Vlad starts at level 8.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 10:38:59 AM »
Vlad's characterization is so funny.  I love how he answers questions now that he is viral, offering people to invite him over so he can show them.  I also enjoyed his pleasure at how the lot traits are effecting his normals, and how it is benefiting him as an evil sim.  His conversation with the watcher was excellent, I'm so amused that he actually checked the rules to see if he had to be nice to his wife - and then went straight to working out without a care in the world.

Poor Zoe.  I found her questioning of her roommates funny, and I loved their reactions - bros don't do that to other bros.

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 12:51:48 PM »
Vlad the blogger! Amazing! What a perfect profession for an ancient vampire. I'm in awe off his willingness to step into modern times, and his writing style is unparalleled! I didn't realized he started with such high charisma! I guess he's been making good use of his extremely long life!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »
Chapter 3 -- The First Heir(ess)

Welcome, lovely viewers! Today you have the honor of seeing the first picture of my heir, Gretchen Straud. Isn't she beautiful? You may obtain copies of her baby picture by sending 5 simoleons to my website. I don't do this to make money, but because I know how much you all desire these little tokens.

She has a sister, too -- Nadia.

I was quite gratified by how quickly some of you came to greet me when I gave you a shout-out from the Casbah Gallery. I was not hungry at the time, but I still appreciated your showing up.

My feelings were a trifle wounded when some of you suggested that I was "mean" to the normals above me by making them clean and do repairs. The above picture demonstrates what happens when the normals are allowed to ignore such things. Yes, they enjoy watching television more, but they don't like wet floors and broken computers either.

Many of you keep expressing the hope that I will come and "turn" you. It is a vain hope, my lovely viewers. This young man turning is the last vampire that I intend to create, at least for a very long time.

Before I turn to your questions, I do have a favor to ask of you. The Paddyshack Emporium agreed to reimburse me if I displayed a small picture of their shop on my site. They have reneged on the deal, and so I hope that you will withdraw your custom.

What is your favorite computer game?
Without question, the Sims. While I derive less pleasure from watching pixel people suffer as I do from watching normals, still it offers a great deal of scope to someone with my imagination. The first version is by far the best, offering the possibility of death by drowning, fire, or starvation. And Bella! Words fail me. In fact, I think that I shall have to leave you, my lovely viewers, to go meditate for a bit. A bientot!

Vlad turned off the computer, but a minute later he heard it turn back on.
Vlad! It's a free day now. I'm taking J over to work out at the gym.
"Don't hurry back, Watcher," he murmured.

Although J works as a tech guru, his aspiration is to become a body builder. Usually his mentors are beefy fellow, with shoulders like boulders, but this young lady is quite the peach. Perhaps he'll become better acquainted with her in the future.
After working out, J returned home where he spent the rest of the day improving his programming skills. Gavin wrote a novel (they bought a second computer), and Zoe filled out reports for her career in business when J was finished programming. Mitch cooked a few servings of fish tacos.

Later that day, Vlad was summoned to the witch's home. "The Watcher is very concerned," she said. "When she visited your house, she didn't see any sign of the babies."
"That's because they're down in the basement with me," said Vlad.
"You've unlocked the door then?"

"No," said Vlad. "Zoe thinks that giving birth to them was one of her dreams. She's fine with that. Incidentally, I want to thank you for cursing the household. I'm happy enough with my art and music not to be affected by it, but my normals are suffering. And being around their suffering makes me happy, as I'm sure you remember."

"Don't change the subject," said the witch. "The Watcher is going to be furious when she finds that you've stolen Zoe's babies. Oh, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes."
"They're my babies, too," said Vlad. "And I'm taking much better care of them than Zoe would. They'll move upstairs with her once they become children. They're no fun, then."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Feb 22)
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 07:32:07 PM »
Oh, good heavens!  Zoe doesn't remember that she actually gave birth, but will suddenly have child-aged children.  Insanity!  I love it  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 09:08:25 PM »
The witch must be so disappointed that her curse backfired and is making Vladislaus happy instead.
I'm so curious how you will handle the turned vampires and the vampire aspirations.
We will find out when Gretchen moves out, right? Will Vlad also be turning Gretchen and subsequent heirs?  So many questions.
I'm not really asking for immediate answers, though...simply expressing my excitement and curiosity.

Haha, I wonder how the sudden appearance of child-aged children will be explained...

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 07:52:18 AM »
Definitely still feeling sorry for Zoe, poor girl. But babies, how exciting! I'm keen to see how Vlad will do, raising toddlers more or less on his own. His followers, I am sure, will be rather interested. :) I love how Gretchen's arrival was so grandly announced. Followed by 'oh, and she has a sister', as if Nadia was little more than an afterthought.

Was that Diego he turned? Excellent choice!

The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 01:35:20 PM »
Chapter 4 -- Living with Toddlers

Now that I have two toddlers in my life, I've had to make some changes. Apparently I was just too fearsome for them, and they didn't like the hissing either. So I made myself a Draught of Reconfiguration (note: if you try this at home, choose the option on the right rather than on the top and save yourself some simoleons). I am no longer disagreeable to others, but I do get thirsty more quickly. If you would like to contribute some plasma to my well-being, you can find me in Forgotten Hollow most evenings.

Some of you have asked whether I continue to have contact with my vampire offspring. The answer is that at the moment it's a sporadic thing. I provide some training if I meet them by chance, but I haven't organized anything. This will probably change when I have more free time.

The reason I don't have much free time is this, my little heiress Gretchen...

And her sister Nadia. Neither of them is a vampire, alas, but Nadia has inherited my profile and eyebrows.

She's a bit silly and always hungry...

...wanting attention as well as food.

The first time I tried hugging her, she pushed me away, but after I took the Draught, she was ready for a snuggle.

Gretchen is more independent and definitely resembles her mother.

She's more active, tackling stairs at the earliest opportunity.

And she would rather fly than be cuddled.

Gretchen makes a lovely little princess, but I have to admit that I admire Nadia's spirit. She seems to have inherited something of my nature as well as my profile.

(Note:  As soon as she destroyed the castle, she wanted it built again -- I remember suffering the same heartbreak over a village in Transylvania. Sadly, there was no one to put it back together.)

So what do you say, my lovely viewers? Will you join me in petitioning the Watcher to allow both my little darlings to become heirs? And I suppose if they move on with their own families, the next one should be able to as well.

Over and out. By the way, Paddyshack Emporium still hasn't made good on their promise.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Feb 23)
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 05:19:36 PM »
Oh, Vlad and his toddlers! How marvelous! I'm glad Nadia with her temperament and profile has managed to win him over. I am definitely signing Vlad's petition for two heirs! They're both precious!

Vlad's comparison of the broken dollhouse to a village in Transylvania cracked me up. My favorite moment of this story so far!

I love that he blogs in his bunny slippers.

I will never visit Paddyshack Emporium again! Filthy charlatans! They have crossed the wrong vampire blogger!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 05:28:57 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that you had to imbibe a Draught of Reconfiguration, Vlad, but I salute your devotion to your toddlers!

Oh yes, I too wish to sign the petition to allow both Gretchen and Nadia to continue as heirs!
The revision might somewhat resemble a crossover between the TenGen Townie and Rival Dynasties Challenge.
On second thought, this is MarianT we're talking about...who knows where this particular path could lead?  *raises Team Nadia banner

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 05:44:25 PM »
@Whirligig, Actually, it was Wolfgang Munch, although Diego has also been turned. The two of them look very much alike, maybe because of the white hair and black eyeliner.

@oshizu, and @FrancescaFiori, Great that there are two votes for Nadia! I suspect she'll be the least pretty child I've ever seen in this game, but that's okay. I really want to continue Vlad's nose (the chin I'm not so crazy about), but I want to keep going with Gretchen too because she's really cute. And I'm hoping the 3rd kid will be a vampire. The two girls won't be rivals and will stick to the Townie format rather than the Rival Dynasty one.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »
Gretchen is adorable!!  Soooooo cute!!  I'm so glad she's the heiress (even if she's not actually a vampire).
It's so cute how much the Count gushes and coos over his darling angels  :=)

anything