Author Topic: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Dec 11)  (Read 99079 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Feb 23)
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2017, 05:49:55 AM »
Awww, vampire(ish) toddlers = so much adorable.

(Note:  As soon as she destroyed the castle, she wanted it built again -- I remember suffering the same heartbreak over a village in Transylvania. Sadly, there was no one to put it back together.)

This line made me laugh.

Also, I noticed the picture of Gretchen above Vlad's computer - sure sign of a proud father for sure. I also adore his bunny slippers!
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Feb 23)
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »
Chapter 5 -- Suspicions

"That's strange," thought Mitchell one afternoon when he was the only one not at work. "I don't remember hearing the doorbell."

"That's strange," thought Gavin, "what's that child doing there?" Of course, it was 3 in the morning, and he'd been napping on the sofa. "I'm probably still asleep," he thought. When he looked again, the child was gone.

"That's strange," thought Zoe. "I don't remember buying this dress, and it's certainly not my style. Where did it come from?"

"That's strange," thought Mitchell. "You'd think Gavin would have more sense than to stand in a puddle while he's trying to fix the dishwasher."

"J, you ever have the feeling that you're being made to do something you don't want to do?" Mitchell asked his friend one morning.
"Sure," said J. "Every time I go to work."
"Nah, this is different. Like someone's controlling you, messing with your head. I saw Gavin standing in a puddle while he was fiddling with the dishwasher the other day, and you know the guy has no mechanical ability, not to mention that if there was a puddle, he'd ordinarily mop it up because he's a neatnik. I said, 'Dude, what do you think you're doing?' and he just ignored me, like he was in a trance or something."
"Yeah, well it's hard to concentrate on doing a repair if someone's nattering in your ear," said J. "So if you could make like a tree and leave, I'd appreciate it."

"Don't look now," said Mitchell late one night when he was coming home from work, "but the little girl that Gavin says he dreamed about seeing is coming up behind you."
J shifted his vision to the right and down. Sure enough, there was a little brown-haired girl, pale as a sheet, standing next to him. "You're right," he said. "There are strange things going on here."

The next morning Mitchell was still upset. "If we've got a ghost," he said, "I say we should search this house top to bottom and find the urns or tombstone or whatever and get that ghost out of here. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of hearing violins and organ music in the middle of the night and being made to mop the floor."
"What's this about a ghost?" said Zoe. "And by the way, I had another strange dream last night."
"Tell us," said J. "And then I'll tell you what I heard from the Don, and maybe we'll be able to figure out what's going on."
"Shouldn't we wait for Gavin?" asked Zoe. "After all, he's got more brains than the three of us put together."
"Nah," said J. "If we need his advice, we'll ask for it, but right now I want to hear your dream."

"I was with that pale old man in the dark suit again," said Zoe, "and I was in the same house where I dreamed I got married -- same red rug and dark wood. But there were two little girls with us, the same age--" she sniffed -- "the same age my babies would be if they'd been real instead of hallucinations. Oh, and I was wearing that same old-fashioned dress I had on the other day.

"And then when I woke up, I was standing outside -- and this was real, not part of the dream, and I've never walked in my sleep before -- and I felt a little nauseous, like I might be pregnant again...But ghosts can't get you pregnant. Everyone knows that."

"Ah," said J. "But what if it's not a ghost? Let me tell you what I heard from Don Lothario.

"He was in Planet Honey Pop the other night, and this pale old guy in a black suit -- like in your dreams, Zoe -- was there singing in the karaoke contest.

"He took a good look at the guy so he'd recognize him if he saw him again -- highly arched eyebrows, a hooked nose, a white mustache and a long chin --"
"That's the guy from my dreams!" exclaimed Zoe.

"The next day Don was working out at the gym, and he saw this old guy come in. A little while later, he was doing sit-ups, and all of a sudden Dina Caliente collapsed. When she came to, she told him that she'd been drained by a vampire. And he said Nina's been acting funny lately, like she might have been turned. I think we've got a vampire in the neighborhood."

Zoe didn't wait to hear any more. She got dressed and went to the computer to look up vampires on the internet. It wasn't long before she found Vlad's blog. "That's him!" she exclaimed. She read the blog all the way through, gasping as she recognized Gavin and Mitchell and J and even..."That's the same computer I'm using right now!"
Zoe marched over to the door to the courtyard and gave it a big tug. Despite the rust or the lock, it opened at her touch. Inside, there were stairs hidden by a couple of thorny bushes.

"Who are you?" she demanded. "And what have you done with my babies?"
"Ssh, they're sleeping," said Vlad. "And they're fine. I've been taking good care of them -- they're both potty-trained already, and Nadia has almost maxed her imaginative skill."
Zoe could hardly process what he was saying. "Why, why, why would you do this? How could you?"
"Oh, Zoe, you're so beautiful that I knew you'd never have anything to do with an ugly old guy like me unless I put a spell on you. And then when you had the twins, I didn't want you to be burdened by them, so I took them to take care of them. I was planning to send them back to you once they were old enough to look after themselves. Can you possibly find it in your heart to forgive me?"

"I don't know," she said. "I'll have to think about it. I have to go to work now, but I'd better be able to see the girls when I get home."

Later, when Vlad was playing the Sims Forever, his game suddenly stopped.
Zoe might be able to forgive you, Vlad, but I still think you should be punished.
"Watcher, I was in the middle of a tournament," Vlad typed back.
Tough. I'm almost tempted to turn you into a normal and all your offspring, too, but that doesn't seem sufficient. I wish the witch hadn't cursed you, so I could, but that doesn't seem sufficient either.
"I haven't fed upon Zoe or her housemates," Vlad typed. "And I have taken good care of the toddlers -- you have to admit that."
You really are fond of the little ones, aren't you? Very well. Your punishment is to see both of them married to vampires.
"I thought that was the original plan?" typed Vlad. "How is that a punishment?"
No, the original plan was that your heirs' spouses would be turned into normal Sims as soon as they got married. Instead, your daughters are going to have to put up with vampires until their husbands decide to change. And it's a good thing that neither of your daughters is a vampire because any vampire children you and your heirs spawn are going to have to complete the Good Vampire aspiration and then take the cure before they leave the house.
Oh, and I expect you to give your turned offspring plenty of training so they can have as many vampire powers to choose from as possible. Do you understand?

"Yes, but ---"
Of course, if you decide to quit being a vampire, then I'll make sure your little darlings have nice, dull, normal husbands. You don't have to decide now -- any time you take the cure is fine with me.
Shakily Vlad watched the computer turn off. He couldn't possibly take the cure -- that was out of the question. And really, there were very few vampires as evil and powerful as he was -- Gretchen and Nadia wouldn't have any problems at all. As for his grandchildren and great-grandchildren, they were so far in the future that he wouldn't worry about them.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Feb 24)
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2017, 01:23:21 PM »
They finally figured it out! I was wondering if that would happen. I'm surprised Zoe wasn't more upset, especially after finding Vlad's blog, but she seems mercifully easy-going about the whole thing. Glad Watcher is around to keep Vlad in line!

I love the pictures of the girls above Vlad's desk. I didn't notice them last time until Whirligig pointed them out, but they're wonderful. Glad to know Vlad's got some more toddlers to love on the way!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
They finally figured it out! I was wondering if that would happen. I'm surprised Zoe wasn't more upset, especially after finding Vlad's blog, but she seems mercifully easy-going about the whole thing. Glad Watcher is around to keep Vlad in line!

I love the pictures of the girls above Vlad's desk. I didn't notice them last time until Whirligig pointed them out, but they're wonderful. Glad to know Vlad's got some more toddlers to love on the way!

Zoe might have been more upset if she weren't a Sim. As it is, I had to cut one of the screenshots I took -- she just looked too happy.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »
Oooh, additional rules! I was excited at first because I'd confused the required On the Ley Line lot trait with The Dark Ley Line lot trait.
I wonder what the odds are for a human/vampire coupling to produce a vampire....50/50?
The suspense of waiting to see how the nooboos age up will be fun!

What I meant by "crossover" was that you might be playing the households of the multiple heirs in turns, like your Rival Dynasties Challenge.
Zoe is an awfully happy-go-lucky sim...I'm imagining that she could eventually learn to like Vlad. :D

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2017, 06:10:53 AM »
Oooh, so the residents have cottoned on, have they? (Zoe is rocking that dress, btw, I don't care what she thinks).

Interesting. So Vlad does actually have feelings for Zoe? Or is it all just a ruse to try to win her over? She's definitely made of stronger stuff than me, if she can forgive him for something like that. And yes, he most definitely should be punished, Watcher! (And I suppose having your computer shut off midgame by a demigod without having the chance to save first isn't punishment enough?) I do like the plan you have come up with. More rules! :P
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2017, 10:54:22 AM »
I really like your story.  It is very interesting.  I love Vlad.  His basement apartment looks great.  I am excited to see what his offspring look like.

I'm one of your more silent readers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2017, 11:06:49 AM »
@oshizu, Yes, this is eventually going to be rotational like the Rival Dynasties challenge. What I'll probably do is turn aging on for one week of the three so that they all age at the same rate.

@Whirligig, Yeah, interrupting in the middle of a tournament is really not punishment enough. And I think Vlad is going to be selfish enough to let his daughters go off and marry vampires.

@Caterina, Being a silent reader is fine! I'm often a silent reader, too. I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2017, 11:49:58 AM »
Zoe is the most understanding woman ever.  The fact that she did not immediately fly into a rage and attack Vlad is rather impressive given what he did.
Loved how you wrote the whole flow of logic as the boys were piecing together all of the odd things that were happening and arrived at the solid conclusion that there were ghosts.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2017, 02:48:28 PM »
Chapter 6 -- Vlad's Rant

Greetings, my lovely viewers! Today I beg your indulgence for what I would call a lamentation, but I understand in modern parlance is a rant.

Apaarently it is not enough that I have changed my habits of several hundred years, getting rid of my tendency for uncontrollable hissing and my unattractive undead aura and gaining eternal sadness and an insatiable thirst instead. Before, I was able to manage my hunger with plasma packs and plasma fruit, but now I am forced to prey upon the community.

Apparently it is not enough that I have taken good care of my little ones, making sure they're given a healthy (if not always welcome) diet...

...snuggling them when they wake from a nightmare...

...and teaching them useful things like how to make towers and especially how to dance.

No, I have been ordered -- ordered, mind you -- to unlock the door to my haven and to allow my little ones access to a wider and more dangerous world.

Even going upstairs and coming down again is dangerous, I might point out.

But they also have access to unsuitable, and sometimes spoiled, food.

No one even attempts to hinder them in their unhygienic pursuits.

And they're allowed outside without supervision, where they could run into the street in front of a car, attempt to hug a cactus, or walk off with any passing and ill-intentioned stranger.

Not only all this, but the "bros" in the household are free to amuse themselves by coming downstairs and wrecking their treasured castle.

It's enough to make a grown man weep.

I'm attempting to win their mother over by serenading her with the violin.

She should be the first to admit that child care is not her strong point (here, she's putting Gretchen to bed before she's had a chance to use the potty).

And here Zoe is ignoring our screaming baby, who is in need of both food and a diaper change.

You would think that when she realized that her incompetent and inept housemates might set the house on fire, Zoe would be the first to petition the Watcher to let me keep the children below stairs again, but that didn't happen. However, she was grateful to me for saving Gavin's life, grateful enough to agree to a date.

She consented to join me for dinner at Chez Llama.

And she actually accepted the rose I gave her, even if it wasn't yellow to match her dress.

Although Zoe didn't accede to my request to keep the courtyard door locked again, she did agree to become my good friend. In fact, we might have had a gold date if the waitress hadn't dropped our food, making the required discussion of the meal impossible. I know one person who's on my list of food sources now.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Feb 25)
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2017, 09:15:00 PM »
Hmm, I almost want to feel sorry for Vlad. It seems he's rather vulnerable when it comes to the well-being of his children. But you can't protect them forever - sooner or later, they'll be out in the big world all on their own.

Yep, Zoe is most definitely made of stronger stuff than I - it seems she's rather easily forgiven Vlad his transgressions against her and may even be falling for him? Pity about the waiter spoiling their date.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2017, 10:10:11 PM »
I'm really enjoying how you are writing Vlad!
And I've never seen Zoe look lovelier!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2017, 12:19:46 AM »
Awww, Vlad's wooing Zoe...who somehow has managed not to stake him for what he has done. 
The girls are so adorable!  The playing in the potty shot was disturbing and cute all at the same time.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2017, 07:54:41 AM »
@Whirligig, I don't think Zoe is forgiving Vlad because of her strong moral fiber. It's more that she lives in a happy bubble that disturbing things (like crying babies) can't penetrate. Yes, most people would be upset if they were mesmerized into marriage with a centuries-old vampire, who then moved into their basement and took their children right after they were born, but Zoe's attitude is "Well, these things happen, and why dwell on unpleasantness?" She is not the stuff that crusaders are made of.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2017, 02:01:14 PM »
Chapter 7 -- Toddler Spam and the First 50 Points

Since some of my lovely viewers have expressed a wish to see more of my darling toddlers (and less of what one viewer so eloquently referred to as "my ugly old mug"), I have decided to combine several cute pictures that didn't fit anywhere with my quarter-point report. Showing the pictures should also dispel the rumors started by a couple of trolls that I've been mistreating or neglecting them.

In this picture, Nadia is completing her first pirouette (I was too surprised to catch her doing the first).

Gretchen decided to come and dance with me entirely of her own accord.

Here, she's making the acquaintance of her baby brother Balthazar...

...who became a toddler himself a day later.

He has his mother's coloring, but he inherited the elegant arch to his eyebrows from me, also my vampirism. He's an angelic child, which unfortunately makes him rather dull. He has a tendency to stand around waiting for grown-ups to pick him up and do things with him -- quite the opposite of his independent older sister.

At least he does take an interest in music, so we do have something in common. But it's sad that he won't mind having to take the Good Vampire aspiration as a teen.

Gretchen finished all of her toddler skills and has gone from being independent to becoming quite the self-assured young lady. I wanted her to wear longer skirts, but Zoe reminded me that children don't dress like that anymore. Indeed, Zoe insisted that she be given athletic attire as Gretchen is to work on the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration first.

Unfortunately, she's discovered the television set upstairs, which is guaranteed to impede her academic progress and interfere with her sleep schedule.

But she's more affectionate now and very fond of her little brother (unlike Nadia, she never wanted a hug).

Vlad's First 50 Points
Skills: 15 -- violin 8, piano 7
Promotions: 14 -- Vlad, 6; Gavin, 2; J, 2; Mitchell, 2; Zoe, 2
1000 Satisfaction Points: 7
Good Friends: 4 -- Nadia, Gretchen, and Balthazar Straud, and Zoe Patel
Maxed Skills/Aspirations: 20 -- Vlad, charisma and vampire lore; Gretchen, potty training, imagination, thinking, movement; Nadia, potty training, imagination, communication/Vlad, Master Vampire
Places Visited: 4 -- Planet Honey Pop, Chez Llama, Skye Fitness, The Futures Past
Negatives: -14 -- controlled vampire, -10; Gavin fire, -2; Mitchell pass out, -1; Gavin pass out, -1

anything