Author Topic: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Dec 11)  (Read 99078 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Feb 26)
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2017, 02:58:34 PM »
Thank you for sharing shots of the children! Balthazar is a little doll with his mama-skintone and papa-eyebrows.
I continue to really enjoy Vlad's voice and stuffy, old-world personality.

The sentence below baffled me because I can't figure out why born-vampire Balthazar "won't mind":
But it's sad that he won't mind having to take the Good Vampire aspiration as a teen.

I haven't done enough testing but, so far, it seems the the "Number of days" count advances during off-weeks for Master Vampire but halts for Good Vampire.
Unless Balthazar completes his other age-up requirements really fast, won't it take too long to complete Good Vampire?
I'm just curious how Good Vampire works. I've all but decided to completely avoid it in my RDC...
And I realize you won't be racing your heirs against each other, but I wanted to ask you your opinion of Good Vampire...

Sorry for the detour...Happy birthday to Gretchen! It's hard to tell, but she seems to resemble Zoe with Vlad's mouth?
I'm so glad Zoe's third child was born a vampire! And the three children look so different from each other, too!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2017, 03:13:49 PM »
@oshizu, I'm playing on long, so Balthazar should have plenty of time to complete the Good Vampire aspiration. Once Gretchen and Nadia move out, he'll be the "heir" so he'll be able to do things every day. And his only other requirements will be to put together a 10-item collection and paint portraits of the family (just realized I'll need more museum space).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2017, 03:22:27 PM »
Thank you for my question about Good Vampire.
Now that you have three heirs, will the household need to earn 200 points per heir or, once the initial 200 points have been earned, may each heir move out when they've reached the appropriate age and completed their requirements?

The way you've constructed your new version of your original challenge is such a wonderful idea for showcasing both toddlers and vampires!
Always waiting eagerly for the next update.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2017, 09:55:07 PM »
Gretchen is so my favorite!  Loving the shots of her as a child and seeing her be such a sweet big sister!

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2017, 05:49:19 AM »
wow, I don't know how I missed so many updates.
Nadia looks amazing!  I can't wait to see how she grows up.

I enjoyed the guys getting suspicious of all that's going on, and Don's role in uncovering the truth.  I really loved the bros going down and wrecking that castle!  So far out of their way, and yet so irresistible.
And Zoe... ah, to be a sim, where forgiveness comes so easily.  That is too bad about the date and the waitress though.

Balthazar is super cute. 
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »
Yay! 50 points already! Good job silencing the trolls, Vlad. Your babies look very well cared for.

I loved Vlad's "lamentation." I'm glad he and Zoe have patched things up, and that he's continuing to have such a great influence on her wardrobe. She looks gorgeous!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2017, 02:55:17 AM »
Congrats on your first 50 points! I loved the toddler pics! :D

And I get what you mean about Zoe's happy-go-lucky nature being the reason for her forgiving Vlad so soon. It's definitely more in keeping with her personality, anyways. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2017, 09:35:16 AM »
Chapter 8 -- Growing Up

Greetings again, lovely viewers! I returned to Forgotten Hollow the other evening, only to discover that the crows have become insolent in my absence. While I was living there, they knew better than to perch upon my great-grandsire's head. I am quite the dab hand with a dart, as they quickly discovered.

Since my patron (I refuse to use the word "employer;" Strauds do not work for others) had been requesting an angry rant from me, I thought that crows would make a suitable subject.

Alas, my anger was quite dissipated by an elfin voice requesting "Fly me, Father?" Consequently, my rant was not angry enough to satisfy my patron, even though it apparently intimidated 65,000 of my viewers to the point that they ceased their subscriptions. I shall not be ranting again and hope that the rest of you -- all 16 million or thereabouts -- will stay.

Who am I to disoblige, when the request is made so charmingly?

Some of my viewers have wanted to know whether it's true that vampires can not be seen in mirrors. As you can tell if you look in the upper right hand corner, I do indeed disappear. But didn't I say that Balthazar was a vampire? Yes, he is, but vampire children remain alive and visible until they come into their powers as teens.

We had a happy, yet melancholy, occasion quite recently -- Nadia ceased being a toddler.

I think she turned out quite handsome, despite the red hair. Of course, I might be prejudiced, since her features are a copy of my own.

Gretchen is the more conventional beauty.

Nadia's growing up brought on one of my occasional bouts of grief. There is only one toddler left in my life, and he'll be growing up soon, too.

I cherish every one of these precious moments we have together, from comforting him after a nightmare...

...to reading him the jejeune tales he requests.

And here are my three darlings together.

Because there are three of them (we vampires usually sire only one, two in rare cases, but I suppose I had three, representing in some sense an endangered species), I have to find three spouses for them. And each of them will be having children (although only one will be their heir), which means that my original estimate of 10 normal Sims that I had to turn was rather low.

What this means for you, lovely viewers, is that some of you might see your wish to become a vampire realized. My criteria are a large house, an appropriate age -- teen or young adult, and sufficient attractiveness, both in person and personality. The house shown in the above picture is about the size I require.

And while some might consider the young man's bald spot to be a disqualifier, I prefer that to the unkempt look so many youths display.

This young lady lives in a pleasant house in Newcrest, and is every bit as attractive as her mother, more so, in fact, as she seems to possess greater intelligence. It is a mystery to me that Sim parents raise no objection when I attempt to indoctrinate their children, and I can assure you that I did nothing to mesmerize her (at least not until later, when I was in need of nourishment).

Underneath the hat, some of you might recognize Joaquin le Chien, one of the denizens of Windenburg, whose beachfront dwelling, while a bit small, is nevertheless charming enough to be considered.

Naturally, there are some houses that I like which have residents who do not meet my standards. To aid with those I have enlisted one of my so-called housemates, J. (And I might add that I am mystified as to why my housemates are so enamored of their bar. One would think that given the brevity of their normal lives, they would want to pay attention to every minute rather than passing through them in an alcoholic daze, but that is not the case.)

Would J be willing to increase the number of inhabitants (and perhaps improve upon their appearance) at certain select domiciles? "You mean, you want me to get some rich ugly ladies pregnant?" he asked. "Not ugly," I said, "just not as beautiful as they might be."

And so he has set to work. This young woman was quite pleased with his attentions. (And I was quite pleased, a short while later, to learn that she had given birth to twins.)

And now I feel sadness settling upon me like a dark cloud. Balthazar has grown up. He'll be very handsome, but he'll never again be the little boy wanting me to fly him.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- March 1)
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2017, 12:05:37 PM »
Wow!  Your writing is so beautiful.  It moved me.  I really enjoy your choice of screenshots as well.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »
Balthasar aged up looking so much like Zoe. What a coincidence that the child who looks the least like him is the born vampire!
Did Nadia get the red hair because Vlad's silver hair isn't available for children? She looks like she might get Vlad's nose, too.
And I love Nadia's copper frames.
The kids really turned out looking so different! (I think I said this the last time, too...)

What will Vlad do now, alone in his basement?

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »
This just gets better and better! I really feel for Vlad now that his babies are all grown up. The airplane ride with Balthazar was just too adorable.

Glad you're getting J in on the action. He does have some really wonderful genes.

Also loved Vlad's solution to the bird problem. I can totally see him being a dart shark. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2017, 09:30:58 PM »
Chapter 9 -- Life after Toddlers

Some of you lovely viewers have expressed an interest in what I'm doing now that my wee ones have grown. Before I discuss that, I'd like to say that I have been reading your requests that I turn you into vampires. So far, the answer has been no to everyone. However I do want to assure Miss Y.B. that the only strike against you is the smallness of your house. You yourself are quite adorable, and I hope to become better acquainted with you once you become an adult.

One thing I've taken up has been music composition. If you look on the internet under "V. Straud," you'll find music for the piano, violin, and pipe organ.

I still have a great deal of contact with my children. I'm attempting to teach manners and respect for one's elders to young Nadia.

And I've been trying to impart an understanding of the violin to all three of them with even less success.

My attention now turns to my vampiric offspring. In the past, I've only been able to offer training on a chance-met basis.

Sometimes my fledglings have come to the house, and I've given them training there...

...even muttering instructions through the door when it was late enough at night that our shouting would wake the household.

But now I can gather my fledglings at Straud Mansion for group training. Some of them reimburse me financially for my efforts, some don't; it is all strictly voluntary.

C.G. continues to be an excellent student. That doesn't surprise me as some of her forebears actually were vampires -- something she might not be aware of.

N.C. shows promise, but still has a long way to go.

At that point, the computer blinked out, and Vlad had to do some basic repairs. When he finished, he noticed that the sun was moving higher -- it was time for him to go below stairs. In his haste, he forgot to log off his website.

Hello! Hello! I'm Nadia, and I love playing on the monkey bars. It's my favorite thing.

Except maybe for playing puppets. My favorite puppet is my detective, Sherlock Porro.

My best friend is my sister Gretchen.

She likes playing on the monkey bars, too.

Vlad was a little surprised to see the new entries on his blog, but not entirely displeased. He'd never had a chance to see the children playing in sunlight. They brought back memories of his own boyhood, swinging on pine saplings in the Carpathians. Two boys would climb to the top of a sapling and bend it over to the ground. Then one would jump off, while the other went swinging back and forth until the pine straightened out. You had to hold really tight, with arms and legs both; otherwise the tree sent you sailing through the air. So many years ago -- he'd watched his friends become old and then die, and their children and grandchildren do the same.

Feeling a little sad, he decided to take Zoe to the park for an evening game of chess.

Of course, he was also quite thirsty at the time...

He'd forgotten than normal Sims didn't like it when they saw him drink. Zoe knew he was a vampire -- he'd explained that to her -- but she'd never seen him drink before.

The next day, when he pretended he was going to bite her -- a little game she usually enjoyed -- Zoe backed away. "The girl's fine," he told her for the tenth or fifteenth time. "She's probably outside playing basketball or soccer or one of those other extremely active sports that the youth of today engage in."
"I have to go get ready for work," she said, and ran upstairs.

Vlad had to work that day, too, and very tedious it was. He was a contestant on a Web reality show, and he hoped that by being disagreeable enough he would be voted off the "team" pronto.
For once, he understood why normal Sims often went to the bar when they finished work. He was ready for a drink, too -- a nice long one, preferably from someone young and female.

Vlad had forgotten it was alien night (if he'd ever known). When he finished imbibing from one, he noticed her companion watching him in horror. There was only one thing he could do -- he gave her an enchanting introduction. She melted at his touch and would forget all about him as soon as he was gone. At least he hoped she would...maybe. It would be a long time before Y.B. became an adult...but no, aliens were an unknown quantity. Strangely attractive, though.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- March 2)
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2017, 10:14:21 PM »
Poor Zoe.  Vlad takes advantage of her and then flits off to other women.  Not cool, dude.  Not cool!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2017, 03:46:55 AM »
Vlad must be feeling at a bit of a loss as to what to do with himself, now that there are no more toddlers. Though how lovely it was to get a glimpse of Nadia's voice. And I suppose with three branches, you will need a great deal more than just ten sims. I was pleased to see Joaquin in the bunch! :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
My goodness, Vlad and his wandering eye! Oh, well, I think I've met this "Miss Y.B." and I can't really blame him there. She's a stunner!

I'm glad he's training up his offspring. It will be interesting to see how much difference it makes and what level they're all at once they become spouses.

I love thinking about Vlad as a reality show contestant. He seems like the kind that everyone would love to hate, though, so they'd probably keep him on the island as long as possible for the ratings. :)

anything