Author Topic: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Dec 11)  (Read 99069 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- March 21)
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2017, 08:09:39 PM »
Oh, dear sweet Balthazar! I adore his brooding personality, but I really feel for him having Vlad as a father and vampire trainer. I also like the dark haze framing all the pictures. Is that because he's a vampire?

I'm glad he's got such a supportive group of bros, friends, and female relatives. I'm very interested to hear what Zoe has to tell him!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- March 22)
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2017, 08:57:29 PM »
Oh, dear sweet Balthazar! I adore his brooding personality, but I really feel for him having Vlad as a father and vampire trainer. I also like the dark haze framing all the pictures. Is that because he's a vampire?

I'm glad he's got such a supportive group of bros, friends, and female relatives. I'm very interested to hear what Zoe has to tell him!

Partly because he's a vampire and partly because his current outlook is dark.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2017, 07:15:28 PM »
I'm getting a strange vibe that Balthazar may "like like" his friend Alexander.  That could make things awkward when Vlad expects him to marry Cassandra!
Gretchen has twins?!?!?!?  I hope they look just like her!!  Possibly one of them as a redhead...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2017, 11:01:55 PM »
Chapter 23 – Factory One

I don't remember much about my pregnancy, probably a good thing. When it was all over, I had two beautiful twins – Agatha, my heir, and Rudolfo.

Here is little miss Agatha posing for the camera.

While her brother Rudolfo gives me the most melting look when I try to put him down. “More cuddles please, Mama,” those big brown eyes are saying.

When I moved in, we had to figure out how to get more space for our needs. Can you believe that before I came along, they were getting by with just one bathroom for the four of them? If you went to use the toilet and someone came in to take a shower, you couldn't leave until your housemate finished the shower.

We expanded the second floor, putting a large bathroom in the space and moving the arcade machine. We put a small bathroom where the arcade machine had been.

There's so much cool stuff in this house. I knew about the foosball game, but I hadn't realized there was a treadmill, a workout machine, and a punching bag.

I've started learning DJ mixing. Paolo is good at this, but my efforts sound like a combination of a machine breaking down and two cats fighting.

I'd love to play the arcade machine, but I haven't had any time. My free time is spent in sleep. Well, in bed, anyway.

Paolo has a tendency to wind down after work by standing outside for an hour or two, and he still needs to build up his vampire energy. So I've been luring him inside by suggesting things we could do in bed.

He's really sweet with the twins and sometimes gets to them before I do. His approach is more experimental than mine – I usually know exactly why Agatha or Rudolfo is crying – but he does get the job done.

His housemates have pitched in to help, too. Jade was exhausted the other day after trying to deal with them.

She couldn't quite make it to her bed in time, she was so tired. Jade and I are friends already, and I think we'll be good friends soon.

Agatha already has Marcus wrapped around her little finger. I think I'll become good friends with him eventually. He's very fit, and might be able to mentor me soon.

The only housemate that I might have trouble with is Eva. And I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous of her physical attributes. As far as I can tell, she doesn't do anything around the house except sleep on the couch and occasionally play video games. And then she makes disparaging remarks about my cooking.

I'll admit I'm not the greatest cook in Sim land, but if she wanted something other than fish tacos, she could make that herself.

Reading back over this, I think I said several times that I haven't had any time since the twins were born. I honestly don't know how I'll survive their toddlerhood, but they are darlings. Here's Rudolfo learning how to walk.

And here's Agatha having a meltdown because Paolo had to leave for work.

Rudolfo, who's going to be a vampire like his grandfather, loves pretending that he's a bat.

Agatha likes to pretend that she's riding on the back of a dinosaur, so I oblige by roaring and stomping around. She's very inquisitive, and will probably turn out to be a genius.

A messy genius, but a genius.

Rudolfo went so far as to send his cereal bowl flying and was instantly reprimanded by his father. I might have let it slide as a first offense, but Paolo has a firmer hand.

Close-ups of my two sweeties. I can't get close enough to show Rudolfo's freckles, but he certainly has them – all over his face instead of just on his nose like mine.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- March 24)
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2017, 12:11:46 AM »
Gretchen is amazing!  Just in general, so it's hard to pull out any specific thing.  It's sweet seeing her as a mama.
Speaking of, Agatha is adorable!  Even when she was having a meltdown she was just darling.  I don't know how Gretchen or Paolo will ever be able to tell her no.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2017, 01:36:03 AM »
I like how the toddlers each take after one parent in skintone and facial features.
Rudolfo looks like a mini-Paolo. They'be both so cute!

Still, I can't imagine playing without being able to control the toddlers. Watcher, you're such a champion!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2017, 07:40:15 PM »
Chapter 24 – A Visit

Soon after Agatha and Rudolfo became toddlers, I decided to take them to see their grandfather.

I hadn't realized the children were able to climb stairs, but they scrambled up like mountain goats.

Once inside, Agatha wanted something to eat. When she was finished, she had quite a long, incomprehensible conversation with her grandfather.

While I took her out of the high chair, Father went into the toddlers' room and started teaching Rudolfo his shapes.

Agatha had a short bath and played with her toys until we were all ready to go. Father got off to a good start with the twins, and they're already looking forward to seeing “Granfa” again.

Meanwhile, back at the house, Agatha has made quite a conquest of Marcus.

“We on a train,” she told Marcus. “But don't you want me to turn around?” he asked. “No,” she commanded.

Marcus takes care of Rudolfo, too, but his heart belongs to Agatha.

Rudolfo seems to prefer socializing with large stuffed animals, like Batstraud.

And this fellow here.

As you can see, Paolo got a promotion to Team Mascot.

As the twins get older, they're less amenable to being fed in a high chair. I'm not sure what Rudolfo was plotting, but I could tell his little wheels were spinning.

Agatha took a more direct approach.

When she sent her peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich flying, Paolo had to scold her. I'm not sure it was effective though, coming from a large stuffed animal.

After that episode, Agatha needed a bath. She likes playing with her rubber ducky.

Rudolfo prefers playing with water.

Rudolfo was the first one to figure out that he could pull food off his high chair tray and eat on the couch.

Agatha wasn't slow to catch on, though.

With all my attention taken up by the twins, I began to wonder if there was something developing between Eva and Paolo. For one thing, she's always wandering around the house in her nighty.

And she perks up whenever Paolo comes into the room. That doesn't mean anything, of course. I don't think Paolo is up to anything, and he's so attractive, I'd be upset all the time if I got concerned about women coming on to him. But I'll be glad when Eva gets a job. Besides getting her out of the house, we could use more money coming in. We're barely staying ahead of the bills, and my dream of opening up an athletic store has to be on the back burner for a while.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- March 25)
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2017, 12:03:48 AM »
See?  Marcus understands me.  Agatha is wonderful  :=)
That Eva had better keep her eyes, not to mention her hands off my Gretchen's man!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2017, 02:48:30 PM »
Chapter 25 – A Pleasant Surprise

Nadia and Malcolm have two additions to the family.

Here is Argus, the heir. Nadia gave birth while we were visiting Gretchen, but you can tell Argus is the heir because he showed up in the vampire bassinet that the Watcher placed before leaving the house.

Malcolm is showing off his brother, Andrew.

Nancy Landgraab helps out when she hears the babies crying.

When he's not trying to help with Argus and Andrew, Malcolm can usually be found either using the computer or cleaning around it. He's very neat.

He's also quite fond of Nadia.

Nadia's been getting to know Malcolm's parents. Geoffrey has promised to play chess with her, which will help with both their careers.

Nancy works at night and doesn't have time to shop for new clothing. Although she still looks good for a woman her age, she'd like to find some nightwear that's more comfortable.

Nadia was able to find just the thing for her.

Nadia got a job as a scientist, starting as a Junior Tinkerer. The pay is good, the work is interesting, and she gets to meet people from other planets.

Not only that, but she can make interesting objects...

...like the SimRay, which is perfect for keeping annoying co-workers away from the computer and microscope.

While Argus and Andrew were busy aging up to toddlers, Nancy was busy learning how to cook. Since she didn't choose to make salad, a fire was the almost inevitable result. Geoffrey was on hand with the fire extinguisher, but Nadia was torn between rescuing one of the toddlers and extinguishing the blaze with her SimRay.

As it turned out, the sprinkler system made all their efforts unnecessary.

Here is Argus, the heir. He'll usually wear green and he has glasses, like his mother. He inherited the Straud eyebrows and chin – it's too soon to tell about the nose.

Andrew also has red hair and the Straud eyebrows and chin. His eyes are slightly closer together than Argus's, which means he might resemble Malcolm a bit. He'll usually be in yellow and wear a hat.

The toddlers have their room on the third floor. These are not good stairs for a toddler in real life, but Andrew seems to manage quite safely.

Being inquisitive, Argus has to investigate the toilet.

The pleasant surprise is that Malcolm is actually quite good with the two children. His only evil feature  is his laugh, although he also tends to troll the forums when he's on the computer. But he's much more responsive to his offspring's needs than any previously uncontrolled spouse.

Argus needed a bath after his exploration of the toilet, so Nadia played with him a bit afterwards.

Here's a close-up of Andrew, who's angelic...

...and Argus, who's not.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »
Argus is so precious! He is really working the Straud eyebrows. Sign me up for Team Argus. He's my favorite, though I'm delighted both boys got Nadia's read hair.

I'm so relieved that Nadia and Malcolm seem to be genuinely fond of each other and are getting along so well.

The real-life toddler mother in me shuddered when you mentioned the hazardous stairs. Yikes!

I enjoyed Gretchen's chapters, too, but Eva had better watch herself! Paolo's a cutie, but I wouldn't go anywhere near a Straud's man!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2017, 08:44:31 PM »
Andrew who's angelic and Argus who's not.  Adorable!
Looks like Nadia is finding ore happiness in her married life than I might have guessed from earlier chapters.  That's good.  I mean, she's not Gretchen or anything, but she still deserves happiness.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2017, 05:40:27 PM »
Chapter 26 -- Bowled Over

I was in my sisters' bedroom, doing my homework, when Mother came in and sat down on Gretchen's former bed.

"I couldn't sleep," she said. "I didn't want you to spend another minute thinking you were a dimwit, as you called it. You are smarter than most people, smarter than I am and yes, smarter than your father. But you're not quite as smart as your two sisters, and that's not your fault. You were the brightest little toddler, but when it came time for you to blow out the candles on your cake, there was a glitch. You grew up with less time than your sisters had and at something of a disadvantage.
"You had another problem. Your father never expected much from the girls, but he regarded you as his true heir, the only one that was born a vampire. So he was always delighted with anything Gretchen and Nadia accomplished, but even when you did the same thing, it was just what he'd expected from you, nothing special. That wasn't fair, but that's the way it was. I'm -- I'm sorry I didn't speak up for you more. I did try once, but he seemed to think that you'd put me up to it somehow, and was harder on you than before. Do you forgive me?"

"It's okay, Mom," I said. She smiled at me through her tears. I didn't often call her Mom because Father would get angry at both of us -- me, for using a casual and disrespectful form of address, and her for allowing it.

After she left, I couldn't concentrate on my homework any more, so I called Alexander and asked if he wanted to go for a late night swim.

Watching Alexander cannonball into the pool, I couldn't help noticing how broad his shoulders were, how sculpted his muscles.

I splashed him when he came to the surface, and he splashed me back. When we got out of the pool, I told him what my mother had said. "Well, I always knew you were smart," he said. "You don't get an A in trigonometry if you're not."

"You look pretty good in a swimsuit," I teased him. "Have you ever thought about becoming a model?"
Alexander groaned. "Did I just say you were smart? I take that back. I don't have the face for it, but you could be a model. Put your pretty face on top of my handsome body, and one of us could make millions."
We took a picture together. Later, during trig class, as it happened, I found myself sneaking a look at the selfie again. Alexander really did have good-looking muscles.

When I came home from school, Father had more vampire lessons for me. "You're never going to make it to Grand Master just by doing dark meditation," he said. "You have to go out and spar with some vampires your own age. But let me see your dark form before you go."

"Could be worse," he sniffed. From Father that was high praise. "The Pritchett family lives in a nice house, and they have a teen-aged daughter -- Danielle or Danica, something like that. If you transform her, you should have a sparring partner for now. And when Iggy Pancakes and J's boys become teens, you can turn them, too."

I was a bit nervous about trying to mesmerize someone. The only person I'd tested the skill on was Father, and of course I'd failed miserably with him. But Danica let me go through the process willingly.

When she drank the plasma from my vein, I had a feeling that she'd be a more successful vampire than I was. I had to push her away to get her to stop.

I wanted to forget about the whole thing, and when Alexander called, suggesting we go do some karaoke, I was more than willing. We sounded terrible, but the only person who had to listen was the bartender.

We did a country and western duet, and while we were singing, Alexander's shoulder just barely brushed mine. I was so startled that I lalalaed through the next few lines until I picked up the lyrics again.

"Dude, that was so bad," he said when we finished. "What happened to you?"
"I spaced out, Al," I said.
"Al?" he said. "No one calls me Al."
"Well if you were Al, then I could be Bal," I said. "Al and Bal, the next teen heartthrobs."

Early the next morning, I went to see Olivia Kim-Lewis, who was in the same class as Al. Father wanted a report on her dark form, so I tried to give him one. "She looks kind of like a voodoo queen," I said. "Purple turban, long black dress with a high collar in back, and those elbow-length lacy black gloves. Pretty scary, actually."

I defeated her in our first spar, but Father wasn't impressed because it was Olivia's first spar, too. He'd have been disappointed if I 'd lost, but my winning was something he took for granted. I reminded myself of what Mom had told me and felt a little better.

That evening I went fishing with Al. I'd been in a fog at school most of the day, thinking about him and wondering what it would be like if we were more than just friends. What if I told him how I felt? Would he laugh at me or get angry? It was too much to hope that he'd feel the same way too. All the time we were fishing, I kept trying to scrape up the courage to say something, but I was silent. Al was silent, too. It was a companionable silence, maybe, but I'd always thought companionable silences were supposed to be comfortable.

As we started to leave, I knew I had to do something. I closed my eyes and lunged at his mouth for a kiss.

"Sorry," I said. "I couldn't think how to tell you how I felt."
Al took my hands. "I have feels for you, too, Bal," he told me.

We took a picture together to commemorate the occasion. Bal, he called me Bal, I kept thinking deliriously. And we agreed to go bowling the next day in the newly built Dust Bowl across the street from my house.

We were even worse at bowling than we were at karaoke. Al slipped and landed on his back.

I dropped the ball behind me.

But we kept practicing, and eventually I knocked down more pins than were left standing.

When Al accomplished the same task, we decided to call it quits for the night.

As we re-racked the balls, Al said, "We should get some girls to join our bowling club. It would give us some cover."
I didn't like that idea. "Do we really need cover?" I asked.
"I'd rather no one knew about us just yet," he said. When I looked a bit sad, he suggested that we go back to his house. "Mortimer and Bella have gone to a movie," he said. That was one of the cool things about Al, that he referred to his parents by their first names.

For a while we snuggled on the couch, not saying much, just enjoying each other's closeness.

Then I started tickling him. "Whoa, whoa, don't make me laugh," he whispered. "We might wake Cassandra."

Cassandra. I'd forgotten about Cassandra. Al's sister. The woman I was supposed to marry.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- March 29)
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2017, 07:20:01 PM »
Still enjoying your story, just thought you should know.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- March 29)
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2017, 07:21:17 PM »
I was right!!  Al and Bal, teen heart throbs indeed!  Although, poor Cassandra...

anything