Author Topic: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Dec 11)  (Read 99077 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- July 27)
« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2017, 02:14:08 PM »
What?  Bragging about passing my Agatha!?!?!?  How dare he!
Seriously, though, another lovely update.  It was really interesting hearing about how the traits from Parenthood are impacting your game play. 
Luring his vampiric wife inside with the allure of closest woohoo?  Such a sly move!  Pollinators everywhere just started taking notes  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2017, 04:29:04 PM »
Argus is doing so well in his new home!!! Go Argus!
I'm happy to hear that his Manners and Responsibility are contributing to his worldly success. Too bad about uncontrolled emotions...
Thank you, Luna, for finally shedding those knee socks and high-schooler look. I can't wait to see their nooboos as toddlers!

How odd that the ghosts showed up so quickly!
Very much enjoyed the backstory of their Knight Statue! How are the club uniforms decided? New members of any of premade clubs always look so absurd!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #317 on: July 28, 2017, 05:16:33 PM »
Chapter 72 -- Final Report

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I can't tell you how hard Mama worked over the weekend to gather last 200 points. She ended up in the park with Cousin Agatha, trying to max logic. Fortunately, she spotted two friends who weren't good friends yet, so she went and talked to them instead. Agatha was sad about something -- Mama never did find out what.

Once I got control, I had a very long list of things to do: Finish my painting of Lotty was the first.

Develop my three traits was second. I already had very good manners, so I worked on empathy by doing lots of volunteer work over the next few days. Responsibility I aced when I finished building my project for school -- a rocket. It's not the best rocket, but it does go up and come back to its launching pad, which it took SpaceSimX multiple tries to accomplish.

I also had to finish getting prints from the microscope. When that was done, I took everything over to our museum.

I think Mama looks very nice next to her portrait of Grandfather.

She told me that my collection of microscope prints was worth the most of any heir's collection so far. It also took up the most room.

Aunt Nadia came over to admire the portraits of my family.

And Cousin Agatha soon joined her.  The rest of my exploits will follow in the next chapter.

Zara's 200 Points
Skills: 22 -- Gourmet Cooking, 9; Baking, 10; Mixology, 3
Promotions: 30 -- Zara, 5; Alexander, 8; Bella, 3; Cassandra, 6; Mortimer, 1; Jocasta, 2; Chiara, 2; Gavin, 2; Lotty, 1
Satisfaction Points: 13
$30,000: 12
Good Friends: 15 -- Cassandra Goth, Mitchell Kulani, Jocasta, Gavin, and Chiara Straud, Bella Goth, Lotharia Goth, Don Lothario. Pedro Mueller, Macy St. John, Masami Sasaki, Priscilla Jansen, Ritvik Chauhan, Aanya Gupta, Saanvi Chandran
Places Visited: 10 -- Willow Creek Archives, Oasis Springs Dust Bowl, Forgotten Grotto, Magnolia Blossom Park, Zara's Ices, Vital Climb, Quad Manor, Municipal Muses Museum, Rattlesnake Bar, Perfect Balance Spa
Maxed Skills: 84 -- Zara, cooking, gourmet cooking, fishing, charisma, photography, parenting, baking, handiness, dancing, painting, 20; Bella, logic, 2; Cassandra, violin, 2; Jocasta, toddler skills, motor, violin, vampire lore, 16; Chiara, toddler, mental, creative, motor, social 18; Gavin, toddler, creative, motor, mental 16; Lotharia, potty, movement, thinking, communication, imagination, 10
Maxed Aspirations: 18 --  Zara, Fabulously Wealthy, 2; Chiara, Rambunctious Scamp, Whiz Kid, Artistic Prodigy, 6; Gavin, Artistic Prodigy, Rambunctious Scamp, Whiz Kid, 6; Jocasta, Rambunctious Scamp, Whiz Kid, 4
Maxed Careers: 4 -- Zara, Culinary, 2; Alexander, Science, 2
Negatives: -8 -- Cassandra, Bella, Mortimer pass out, -7; reward purchase, -1
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- July 28)
« Reply #318 on: July 28, 2017, 06:20:34 PM »
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed having two guest appearances by Agatha  ;=)
You're doing such an excellent job with these dynasty households!!  Every time I read one of your updates, it makes me feel tempted to try a Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty, but I think I'll just keep reading and taking notes instead.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- July 28)
« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2017, 01:21:43 PM »
Chapter 73 -- To Sir, With Love

I soon discovered that the easiest way to get Grandfather to come out of his coffin was to play the piano and ask him for mentoring. I can't say it was an enjoyable experience for him (or me, listening to his cries of agony), but we did become good friends.

On the whole, he was relieved when I quit playing the piano and asked for vampire training instead. He wasn't any happier with my performance, but at least his ears weren't being assaulted.

To give Grandfather a break, I went over to the Vatores' and got some training from Caleb. It was quite easy to do the moves when he showed me; maybe I was too intimidated by Grandfather?

Cousin Argus's tip about using the computer was invaluable. Even though I got bored, I did make faster progress. Eventually, I felt confident enough to challenge his half-brother, Rolando Fonseca.

"Best two out of three?" he groaned, after I beat him. The princess of nightmare island triumphed once again.

Fittingly, Grandfather's training put me in position to become a Grand Master. "I can't teach you any more," he said, "at least, not about being a vampire. Now the piano -- that's a different story." But he said it with a chuckle, and he had to admit that I sounded better than when I first started coming over.

I picked up my tamed thirst power and hurried home to make my vampire cure. Among the many things I'm grateful to Mama for is that fact that she tended our little garden of wolfbane, garlic, and plasma fruit all those years.

The cure swept through me like an electric shock. When the tingling stopped, I was surprised to discover that I felt really, really good. Colors were brighter, sounds were clearer, and I was hungry to taste food again. I might not be immortal any more, but being alive was better than being undead.

Everyone else was either at work or school, so I didn't have to make any tearful good-byes. Besides, I was just moving into the city -- assuming that my plan went the way I wanted it to.

As I stepped off the elevator, I was assailed by a sudden doubt. What if he was already married? What if he thought I was a crazy stalker? What if he disapproved of the way I'd dressed? I'd wanted to make it clear that I was all grown up now, not the kid who'd had a crush on him and written him a love letter, but maybe I'd overdone it. I shook my head, trying to clear out the thoughts. I was a Goth and a Straud, I reminded myself. We might be scared, but we never showed the white feather.

Mr. Lobo -- Diego! -- was delighted to see me. I told him that I'd read each of his columns in the San Myshuno Sun for the past ten years. As we chatted, I slipped in the question, "Was he single?" Yes. I complimented him a few times and flirted with him, until I felt myself gaining in confidence.

I didn't want our relationship to be founded on a lie, so I whispered in his ear that I had been the little girl who wrote him that embarrassing love letter many years ago. "I don't believe it," he exclaimed.

I showed him the photo that I'd taken with my cell phone as proof. I was pleased that he kissed the phone before handing it back to me. "I'm all grown up now," I said coyly.

After a short period of intense persuasion, Diego agreed to marry me right then and there.

Diego had to go to work the next morning, so I started exploring the apartment when I got up. I was ecstatic to discover that he had a piano.

And with an exercise room, I thought I might lose a bit of that puppy fat that had plagued me in high school. Of course, it wouldn't be an exercise room for long -- it was the right size for a nice, big nursery.

Papa came over for a visit and said that the rest of the family would come too. He was much impressed by Diego's toilet and started chatting with it like it was an old friend. Mama once told me he'd become best friends with his invention constructor at work.

I gave Papa a key and took a picture with him. I want to take a picture with everyone in my family and put them up on the wall by the computer.

That reminds me -- I haven't said what I'm going to do now that I'm out of school. I want to be a best-selling author, but my volunteer work also made me want to help other people so I've started in the medical profession. I figure once I reach the top of my career I'll switch over to writing. Diego can work from home on the days when I have to be at the hospital, so he can take care of the children.

That's right -- I'm pregnant. And since our lot is on a ley line (also in a quake zone, courtesy of the witch's curse), I'll probably have twins.

Jocasta's Moving in Stats
Traits: genius, bookworm, ambitious, good manners, responsible, compassionate
Portraits: Zara, Alexander, Bella, Cassandra, Gavin, Chiara, Lotharia, and a selfie, worth $1189
Collection: microscope prints, worth $2000
Satisfaction Points: 6275
Household Income: $12,410

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- July 29)
« Reply #320 on: July 29, 2017, 01:37:12 PM »
Jocasta may have taken the cure, but she'll always be the Princess of Nightmare Island in my heart  ;=)
The bit about luring Vlad out of his coffin with poor piano skills was just delightful!  I also enjoyed the song reference you dropped in the title.  What a great song!
I was a little shocked at the change in her attire before heading to Diego's.  She's always had this vintage allure and then there was just this whole new side to her!
Can't wait to see the beautiful nooboo(s?) they have.   Such an excellent gene pool there!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #321 on: July 29, 2017, 02:26:30 PM »
Jocasta may have taken the cure, but she'll always be the Princess of Nightmare Island in my heart  ;=)
The bit about luring Vlad out of his coffin with poor piano skills was just delightful!  I also enjoyed the song reference you dropped in the title.  What a great song!
I was a little shocked at the change in her attire before heading to Diego's.  She's always had this vintage allure and then there was just this whole new side to her!
Can't wait to see the beautiful nooboo(s?) they have.   Such an excellent gene pool there!

Maybe Jocasta was trying too hard to be a "modern city woman"? (That's a reference to Lady Lobster's hilarious "Fangs for the Memories." I'd link it, but it's a bit racy at times. You can find it on the official forum, though.)
I'm looking forward to all the nooboos. Will Argus's have red hair? Will Jocasta's turn out blond? And that reminds me, I have to go and use the random trait generator.
Incidentally, Pippin, if you're interested in the Ten-Gen Townie, @saltpastillen has one going on at the moment. And although neither she nor I used pollinators, I think they would perform a necessary service.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2017, 07:47:54 PM »
Watcher, your heirs work so hard for the privilege of drinking the vampire cure! All the way to Grand Master than, bam, they're human again!

I was so surprised how youthful Alex Goth looks still--it's because he only regained his humanity recently, is that right?

It will be great observing the heirs's new lives with their new household in their new homes. Can't wait to meet the next generation!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2017, 07:56:06 AM »
Watcher, your heirs work so hard for the privilege of drinking the vampire cure! All the way to Grand Master than, bam, they're human again!

I was so surprised how youthful Alex Goth looks still--it's because he only regained his humanity recently, is that right?

It will be great observing the heirs's new lives with their new household in their new homes. Can't wait to meet the next generation!

Yes, the spouses all revert to young adult when they're cured of vampirism. Also, I'm playing on long, but aging up toddlers, children, and teens when they've completed their requirements.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2017, 10:26:32 AM »
I'm not surprised Jocasta snatched up Diego, but I am a bit surprised he wasn't already taken. His genes are very nice so I am looking forward to see how the next generation will look.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2017, 07:49:49 PM »
A Life on Hold

That's the way that I feel sometimes, especially when Rudy has knocked his third bowl of cereal on the ground, and I know he's hungry, and I'm worried that the social worker will come and take him away.

Don't get me wrong -- there's plenty of drama, just not the kind of drama I used to envision.

I still have my dream of finishing my rocket and becoming the first woman space pirate.

It's just that other things are taking precedence, like fixing the dishwasher (the catalog said it was unbreakable -- hah!)

Or putting together a toy for the boys to play with. I must say, you need an engineering degree to figure this out, and a knowledge of the language Ximlish would help, too.

I honestly had no idea this would turn out to be a barn when I started.

Luckily my family helps remind me that there are people out there with concerns other than cleaning the potty chair. Mom comes over pretty frequently.

I took the boys to visit Grandfather the other night.

He spent a little time with Rudy before leaving for a nap.

I think it's a pity he missed seeing the two of them together.

The other night my itch to steal something was especially strong, so I went over to Aunt Nadia's. I discovered that Cousin Justine had become a teen. She shares a strong family resemblance with her mother and sister.

I helped myself to a lamp and left.

And finally, I discovered that my sister Alyssa had become a young adult and could accept an invitation to move in.

It's really to her advantage. She's incredibly talented -- creative, an art lover, and a perfectionist -- and it seemed a shame to let all that talent go to waste. She got a job in the painting career, but until it starts, she's happy to help out with the boys.

Summer Holiday is still very much with us (active Sims seem to live a lot longer -- look at Marcus, and J is still with Grandfather).

Travis works hard at his job (he's been promoted twice since we got married), and he tries to help out, too, even when it would be better if he just got some sleep.

Despite my complaints, I really do enjoy the twins. I never know what to expect next. It could be Scotty practicing a speech in the mirror...

...or Rudy running outside in his pajamas to welcome his father back from work, and then getting lost...

...or a big, big hug. It's hard to believe, but they're almost ready to have their next birthday. I'll be able to get a "real" job then -- oh, who am I kidding? There's nothing realer than this.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- July 30)
« Reply #326 on: July 31, 2017, 10:50:36 AM »
Awww, Agatha's such a sweet mommy:  building a toy barn, giving hugs, taking the boys along for a kleptomaniac outing.  Good stuff!
So nice to see so much family time as well.  It's really interesting how the family lines have their own unique features showing up even though they came from the same original gene pool.  One would think that the nose, for example, could and should show up in any line, yet seems exclusive to Nadia's.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #327 on: July 31, 2017, 05:26:43 PM »
I'm not surprised Jocasta snatched up Diego, but I am a bit surprised he wasn't already taken. His genes are very nice so I am looking forward to see how the next generation will look.

I don't have any story progression mods, so my unplayed Sims stay single. I'm looking forward to their children, too.

@PeregrineTook, I'm pretty sure that TS4 children only inherit from their immediate parents (unless someone has experienced otherwise). Argus didn't get "the nose," so his children probably won't. However, Tabitha and Justine will both be available as spouses in a few generations, so the nose could return.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #328 on: July 31, 2017, 06:56:02 PM »
I'm glad to hear that Tabitha and Justine will be making reappearances. They're both lovely!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #329 on: August 01, 2017, 07:07:53 PM »
Chapter 75 -- Angels?

Sunday afternoon was pleasant. I earned a free day early by maxing the logic skill (and incidentally beating Luna at chess). I invited Justine over, and Luna pulled together a nice wardrobe for her. I love Mom, but no one would say that fashion was her strong suit, and Tabitha's idea of style is all black -- definitely not right for Justine's personality.

Mom came over later. She was feeling sad about everyone growing up, but I reminded her that Andrew, Tabitha, and Justine are all still at home.

Luna finally decided that she didn't want to be a vampire any more. "I want to be able to play with my children in the park," she said, so I mixed the cure for her.

Perhaps I should have warned her that it has a bit of a kick.

Sunday night, Hugo and I swam laps together. I have to be careful about challenging him, though. If he exerts himself too much, we might get a visit from Grim.

Monday, Luna and I went to work, leaving the babies with their uncles. I came home with a promotion, and started a freelance programming project. That night, both girls became toddlers. They look like little angels when they're sleeping.

And they're pretty cute when awake, too. Vanessa is our little charmer. She inherited the Straud eyebrows and her mother's brown hair.

She's adorable and entertaining...

And also infuriating. She couldn't make a mess on the linoleum in the kitchen or the tile in the bathroom or even the hardwood floor in the hallway -- no, it had to be the rug in the parlor.

Then there's her sister Britta, the silly one. She seems to have inherited her mother's features and my red hair.

Britta is a lot of fun...

...but watch out when she's mad. And she's usually mad when she's in the high chair.

Just when you think she's ready to settle down and eat the rest of her meal -- whap! She sends it flying off the tray.

I took the next day off work to be with them. Truth to tell, I thought I might sneak off to GeekCon while they were playing. Actually, it's a good thing I didn't because several people did call in sick, and my boss found them at the festival.

Anyway, by the time I finished cleaning up after Britta...

...and fixing her something new to eat...

...and reading her a story, and doing all the same for Vanessa, too, GeekCon was over.

While I was home, I discovered that Max really should be banned from the nursery. Besides wrecking the dollhouse, his rage at Dino is something I really don't want my daughters to witness or imitate.

The next day I did have to go to work, so Hugo was left in charge. At first things went well. He helped Britta with potty training.

And he took Vanessa downstairs for some dancing.

But Hugo needed a nap long before the children did. When we came home from work, Vanessa toddled all the way across the lawn to tell Luna that she was tired and hungry and wanted to be put to bed.

As for Britta, she was filthy from having spent much of the day with a dirty diaper. I had to clean the bathtub after washing her, but in truth, I was so exhausted that I left the job unfinished.

For once, I was glad we had ghosts. Yes, they break the plumbing and knock the trash can over, but they also clean the potty chair and high chair. A fair trade, I guess. Luna got a promotion. She's in management now, which is great.
We certainly can use her raise -- our bills this week were for $9998.