Author Topic: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Dec 11)  (Read 99076 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Oct 15)
« Reply #405 on: October 26, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »
Chapter 92 -- Free Days

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Before I write anything, I just want to mention that the dishwasher produced the cutest puddle this week -- a duck.

It was a fairly uneventful week for me. I did what I could to pick up points, going to the Flea Market on Sunday.

Also I maxed Fitness by going swimming at the Enchanted Pool.

And, lest I forget, I had to deal with a fire that Travis started when he tried to fix himself a BLT.

I was under the impression that children were supposed to evacuate the house in the event of a fire, but apparently I was wrong. Luckily, I was able to put the fire out before anyone was hurt.

But most of the interesting stuff happened on free days. Travis got a chance to develop his video gaming skills by playing The Refuge.

And Summer showed that she could teach Aaron Judge a thing or two.

Rudy went to get training from Grandfather. When he was finished, Grandfather told him that there was a young man living in a nice house in San Myshuno who was interested in being turned.

So Rudy paid a visit to Solomon Miranda. Judging by the size of his biceps, Rudy guessed that he was a gym trainer there.

Rudy also tried to add to his space rock collection. It was a relief that he survived the crash.

I suggested he spend the rest of his free day working on his Good Vampire aspiration, so he went to catch some fish to convert to plasma packs.

He also persuaded Alyssa to let him drink from her wrist. Neither Summer nor his father has been willing, however, so I suppose I'll have to let myself get bitten.

Scott used the time to work on his last childhood aspiration, Social Butterfly. After becoming friends with Summer...

...he called a club meeting of the Cousins.

Britta was the only one who came inside when he was ready to blow out his candles.

This the only picture I have so far of Scott as a teen. He inherited his father's eyes and is quite handsome, I think. I don't know how I'll manage with two teen-aged boys in the house. Still, they can't be harder than toddlers were.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Oct 26)
« Reply #406 on: October 26, 2017, 03:39:42 PM »
The duck puddle was adorable!  Excellent attention to detail on your part!
Agatha is glorious and it was so great seeing her as a hero saving her family from the BLT fire. 
Poor Rudy must not be very persuasive.  Why oh why don't people want him to turn them?  Poor guy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #407 on: October 26, 2017, 08:58:06 PM »
Rudy is working on Good Vampire, so I imagine he only needs to drink from willing "donors," not turn them. :D

Scott is a very handsome teen, indeed! Does he have droopy eyebrows or was he feeling sad at that moment?

As for comparing toddler-raising and teen-raising, I was just thinking this morning that toddler skilling has been the bane of my Rival Dynasties Challenge, lol.
But for a challenge like yours, where you control only one sim, keeping your teen vampires safe must be really difficult. Rudolf's demise was a shocking tragedy.

Agatha's household seems happy and healthy. Good luck, Rudy!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #408 on: October 29, 2017, 07:56:18 AM »
The duck puddle was adorable!  Excellent attention to detail on your part!
Agatha is glorious and it was so great seeing her as a hero saving her family from the BLT fire. 
Poor Rudy must not be very persuasive.  Why oh why don't people want him to turn them?  Poor guy.

oshizu was right -- Rudy wasn't trying to turn anyone, he just needed to persuade 2 people to let him drink. Turning a Sim is very easy; you don't even have to ask to do it.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #409 on: October 29, 2017, 08:29:20 AM »
I never even thought of checking the shape of the puddles before lol

I wonder how many interesting things have come and gone through the process of absorption
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #410 on: October 29, 2017, 09:08:05 AM »
I never even thought of checking the shape of the puddles before lol

I wonder how many interesting things have come and gone through the process of absorption

I saw that you could do that on Simvip. If you go into Build Mode and pick the "change design" tool and click on a puddle, you can get 4 or 5 different shapes. As far as I can tell, the duck is the only cute one, but I haven't experimented that much.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #411 on: October 31, 2017, 12:24:47 PM »
Chapter 93 -- Teen Angst

Little did I realize how much life would change when Vanessa became a teenager.  I knew it would be difficult, suddenly becoming a vampire and having to take on the responsibilities of an heir. After all, I had been through all that myself.

But I wasn't prepared for this: "OMG, I'm hideous!" Vanessa wailed from the bathroom.

Justine tried to console her. "At least you didn't inherit the nose," she said. "True," said Vanessa, "but no one's ever going to fall madly in love with someone who looks like me." Vanessa acquired the romantic trait when she became a teen.

Justine tried to cheer her up by showing her some of the cool things she could do as a vampire.

Vanessa just checked her phone to see if any would-be suitors had called. They hadn't. She also got a job in sales. Fast food was just too yucky, she told me. Vanessa is also squeamish.

When she came home from her first evening at work, Vanessa got into a fight with our ghost, Sade.  Apparently, our ghost thought it was a good idea to tell her that she was the one who'd put a curse on the Strauds, causing them to have bad lot traits and to be forced to marry vampires and have vampire children. Since I hadn't explained to Vanessa yet that she might not be able to marry her soulmate but would have to pick from among our world's resident vampires, she was understandably somewhat upset. The first I knew of the fight was when I heard Vanessa shouting, "You're wrong! You're wrong! You're wrong!" When I got upstairs, the fight was over. (Note: Vanessa won.)

She was still upset and angry, enraged, really. Anger makes vampires uncontrollably thirsty, so she had to feed on her Uncle Max. I didn't feel too sorry for Max -- not when I recollected all the times he'd wrecked the girls' dollhouse.

I managed to calm her down, but she was stuck in her dark form for the time being.

Max soon recovered, and was able to help Arianna max her communication skill.

I helped her with her cake.

I had the day off, so I took her to the park. She played on the spaceship for a while.

Then Arianna joined me on the water slide. I looked like a doofus, but she had fun.

Vanessa was still feeling down after work and school. I thought it might perk her up if we had a Spooky Day party. We started the party around midnight -- not just a spooky time, but a good time for any vampire guests. Vanessa made a lovely witch...

...as did her mother and Justine.

Max came as a zombie schoolboy,

Britta as a pirate,

Arianna as a pumpkin head.

I came as the scariest thing I could think of -- a mailman. I tried to explain that the bills for our house were very scary indeed, but everyone thought that was pretty lame, so I had to roll my eyes backward and pretend to be a zombie.

I invited the rest of the family, too. I think Dad came as a pizza deliveryman, and I'm not sure what Andrew was. Tabitha came as something out of Star Wars.

Grandfather joined us as Darth Maul.

Later on, he joined Britta and Vanessa while they were dancing.

Arianna and Max carved some pumpkins for us.

I got spooked when I tried to take some candy. And then it was daylight, and time for our party to end.

"That was great, Dad," Vanessa called as she trotted off to school. "That party was epic!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Oct 31)
« Reply #412 on: October 31, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »
She is gorgeous although it is sad to see the nose go. Hopefully a later Gen will get it back.

I can't wait to find a puddle in-game and try out that design tool trick! Thanks, Marian

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #413 on: October 31, 2017, 02:03:50 PM »
We've only got a close look at Vanessa's face in dark form so far, but she seems very attractive. Is that just her teen hormones acting up?

Arianna aged up to an adorable little girl. Argus' family is just the best! If not for Max, Argus would be completely outnumbered by female sims!

Go, Argus! Go, Vanessa!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #414 on: October 31, 2017, 09:24:51 PM »
Poor Vanessa!  Too bad she can't tell that she's lovely.  Arianna is also super cute!
I found it delightfully amusing that Sade got beaten up by Vanessa! 
Justine and Vanessa are lovely witches!  I think they should go with that look all the time  :=)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #415 on: November 06, 2017, 04:10:21 PM »
Chapter 94 -- Third Quarter Report

It didn't take long for Mort and Mick to become teens.

I think they're the most handsome boys in San Myshuno and all its suburbs. Diego agrees -- after all, they both strongly resemble him, although Mort has the Goth cheeks ("chipmunk cheeks," Aunt Cass used to complain).

Now that they're teens, we have to be a little more careful around the house. "When I'm ready to study human mating rituals, I'll give you a buzz," Mick grumbled the other day. "Until then, get a room." He's a vampire now, and a bit grumpy about having to subsist on plasma fruit. I got him some packs, but since he's a vegetarian, he's hesitant to use them.

One good thing about the boys being older is that Diego and I can go out for dinner without worrying about a babysitter. The other night we went over to Chez Sul Sul, which was quite the family haunt. Agatha and Travis were there, along with their parents Gretchen and Paolo. I also saw Uncle Malcolm, but sadly, Aunt Nadia is no longer with us.

While I was waiting for the hostess to find Diego and me a table, Mama and Papa showed up.  "I hope you don't mind if we sit by ourselves, dear," Mama said. "Your father and I were hoping for a little 'we' time."

It's funny -- they never flirt with each other when they come to visit us. And they come often enough that I was able to paint two additional portraits of them. I think I'll keep them in the apartment rather than adding them to the museum, though, for Mick to have when he's on his own.

They must pump some kind of aphrodisiac in the air at the restaurant, because Diego and I soon got flirty. Our being on an actual date probably contributed to that, too.

While we were eating, there was a slight commotion outside -- Solomon Miranda turning into a vampire. I almost wish I had a daughter who could marry him because the Salt House would be a cool place to live.

Now that I've reached the top of the writing career, I only have to work two days a week. I've decided to improve my chess game in my off hours, and I went to the old homestead to play with someone. Lotty was the only one around. I don't understand why I used to be jealous of her -- other than the fact that she's absolutely gorgeous.

On the next free day, Mort went to Oasis Springs to become good friends with Grandfather.  He said it was an uphill climb because Grandfather kept getting sleepy. Still, Mort persevered, asking the old man to mentor him, and not only became good friends, but also picked up some pointers on piano playing.

As an A student at the top level of his job, Mort was ready to become a young adult. With the traits of gloomy, materialistic, and childish, he's decided to become a politician. Luckily, he also has a good character, being responsible, well-mannered, and emotionally controlled.

I suggested that he spend the next free day working on his collection, but Mort said he'd rather go and meet the vampire bachelorettes. Billie Jang here in San Myshuno was the first one he met. Mort said she was nice, but her apartment gave him a headache.

Nina Caliente wasn't home, but Danica Whose-Name-I-Can't-Remember was.

Mort also visited Mizuki Saeda in Oasis Springs.

Over in Willow Creek, Mort met Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis, whose house was huge. Unfortunately, she seemed to be more interested in playing games on her phone than talking to him.

Wren Lilard also lives in Willow Creek.

It was almost the end of the free day when Mort went to Windenburg. "We had a great conversation," he enthused, "but I don't know her name or what she looks like." Typical. I'm sure she's pretty, though, whoever she is. Grandfather had fairly high standards of feminine beauty -- and also masculine, to be fair. He wouldn't have turned anyone he didn't like the look of.

"I did start work on my collection, though," Mort added. "I picked up two crystals and a fossil near her house. It looks like a good place to explore."

Jocasta's Third 50 Points
Promotions: 3 -- Jocasta, 1; Mort, 2
Satisfaction Points: 4
$30,000: 10
Teen Traits: 3 -- Mort, emotionally controlled, responsible, good manners
Gold Date: 1
Good Friends: 5 -- Kabir Nair, Daichi Nakamura, Mariko Yamaguchi, Deanna Hankins, Herman Selby
Places Visited: 3 -- Dust Bowl, Skye Fitness, Chez Sul Sul
Maxed Skills: 8 -- Jocasta, gourmet cooking, 2; Diego, painting, 2; Mort, mental, 2; Mick, mental, 2
Maxed Aspirations: 8 -- Mort, Whiz Kid, Rambunctious Scamp, 4; Mick, Whiz Kid, Artistic Prodigy, 4
Maxed Career: 4 -- Jocasta, Writer, 2; Mort, Retail, 2

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Nov 6)
« Reply #416 on: November 06, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »
Oh no, Nadia passed away!
Rest in peace, dear Nadia! I loved your dauntless love and dedication to your research and the way you quietly endured a difficult marriage.

Wow, congrats to Mort on ageing up with three extra traits!
I've never managed to raise a sim with the Emotionally Controlled trait. I've attempted the Play with Emotion interaction on musical instruments but it's not always available.
So I always resort to Empathy as a third character value, because it's easier.

Love the date shot of Jocasta and Diego where she is feeding him!
Congrats to Jocasta on maxing the Author career! She's been doing so well!

I also thoroughly enjoyed Mort's tour of the eligible bachelorettes. I hope that Wren Lilard was in her dark form because her outfit was pretty weird, haha.
The last one in the llamacorn outfit was so funny. If he enjoyed her company that much, her appearance shouldn't matter that much (esp. considering, as you say, Vlad's high standards of beauty).
Can't wait to find out who Mort ultimately chooses!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #417 on: November 06, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »
I prefer Mick to Mort, though part of that is that Mick kind of reminds me of Jae from the K-Pop group Day6. 
It was so nice seeing so many members of the family in this update!  Lotty is lovely.  The jealousy was understandable  ;=)
Jocasta and Diego are such a cute couple!  While I prefer Gretchen and Agatha to, well, pretty much everyone else, I do think Jocasta and Diego are my favorite couple.
R.I.P. Nadia  :=(

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #418 on: November 07, 2017, 12:07:25 PM »
With the traits of gloomy, materialistic, and childish, he's decided to become a politician. Luckily, he also has a good character, being responsible, well-mannered, and emotionally controlled.

I love the juxtaposition of gloomy with emotionally controlled, and childish with responsible and well-mannered. Although, I shouldn't really be surprised, since most of the RL people I know are a mish-mash of traits that should contradict each other, and yet, don't.

R.I.P. Nadia. You will be forever missed, and your contribution to this contest will never be forgotten!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #419 on: November 07, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »
One thing I don't like about the game is that you never get a notification of an impending death for a family member who is not part of the immediate household. Nadia's death took me completely by surprise.

I found out that in order for the "feed a bite" action to work (found in the Romance section), your Sim has to be eating something with a fork or spoon. Jocasta originally had a BLT (chef special) but had to get a salad for the action to happen. The 2 Sims also need to be seated next to each other.

anything