Author Topic: Sims 4 Plantsim Challenge  (Read 38442 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Plantsim Challenge
« on: April 13, 2017, 05:29:32 PM »
Source:  The Sims.Com

Get Green with The Sims 4 PlantSim Challenge!

Today's update* brings a new seasonal challenge; PlantSims are now sprouting in The Sims™4!

Starting right now and running until May 5th at 3am AEST, PlantSims are out wandering in the world, ready and waiting to meet your Sim. Play your cards right and you'll be able to convince them to hand over one of their Magic Beans. Depending on the PlantSims' mood at the time, you can gain one of six different colored beans, matching the PlantSims' mood.

Your Sim can call up Jasmine and receive a stump to place the beans in. With a little water, this will grow in to a tree which has a portal, taking your Sim to uncover new seeds, rare items, and even a Forbidden Fruit! Should your Sim choose to try eating it, they'll turn in to a green and leafy PlantSim for five Sim days. While in PlantSim form, your sims will not only take on a new look, but become more skilled at gardening and have slightly different needs as well. Don't worry, if you're enjoying the PlantSim life you'll be able to keep the tree after the challenge ends, and continue transforming in to a PlantSim!

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Plantsim Challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »
I gots all the magic beans with Signore Lothario today.

He ate the forbidden fruit, of course ;D

With eyebrows and beard set to be the same color as the hair.

The magical tree:

The tree is very pretty at night :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 12:02:01 AM »
I don't know if this is just me but be careful with the Plantsim thing. I turned my Sim and her water need went from nearly full to almost completely red when I traveled. She went back to her own lot and despite drinking numerous glasses of water from the cooler, the water need continued to drop. I wound up going back to a save I made just before she ate the fruit so she didn't die. It may be that the game only recognizes water from a sink, which I can't have in the challenge I'm playing. I still don't know why it dropped so fast in the first place, though. Anyway, you may want to do a "save as" before you try it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 12:25:54 AM »
@Nindigo   Thanks for sharing your screenshots! It's cool to see what's in store!

@regikko   Did you try "mixing" water at a bar? I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost anything. I never have sinks in my home lots, either. 
                Well, you've already reverted to an earlier save but I'm wondering about using the Freegans' bar next door.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 12:48:58 AM »
The bar might work. It freaked me out because it was dropping so fast. I'll probably test it in another game at some point. I do have the tree so I can always try it again, but that was definitely buggy.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 10:49:14 AM »
@reggikko and @oshizu Don Vegetable's hunger did a similar thing upon traveling, and staying in the sun did nothing. Only the sun on the home lot worked as nutrition.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 01:07:52 PM »
I haven't even seen a plant sim after an few hours looking, got the stump so it was downloaded but no plant sims. What is up with that?
?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 01:10:13 PM »
I will say that the Plantsim Challenge is something that I didn't see coming and was a bit of surprise...
Anytime something like this is patched in, I'm always afraid to "test the waters" with my legacy family. Especially, if there's any bugs or any possible game corruption issues. So, I used Maxis made family in a separate build that I use for building only.  It's pretty cute, but I really didn't play with them too much after making them Plantsims. I'll have to check back with them later.

You can read it here from the beginning.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 01:10:36 PM »
@reggikko If not bugged, glasses of water should fill 80% of the hydration bar. They're less effective than swimming in a pool (fills the hydration bar in 20 minutes) and taking a bath (fills the hydration bar in 10 minutes). Taking a shower can help for hydration, but only emotional showers do (apparently, the generic shower interaction has been forgotten). If you don't see the bar filling like this with swimming or baths, then there's a bug somewhere.
I also just noticed that being exposed to sunlight causes dehydration to plantsims, and very quickly. So be sure to have water nearby when they photosynthesize. Looks like it's the cause of your issue. It's not a bug but it's obviously bad coding here. It shouldn't have been tuned to drop so fast. I'll test this and post a fix if I can successfully reproduce the issue and test it. (it normally should be pretty easy to reproduce).

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 02:07:56 PM »
A hot tub and a bed outside on the home lot is very practical. I have placed some showers at public venues as well which is really helpful at festivals, for instance.

By the way - when very low on water, PlantSims will get grey hair!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
I'm unable to do the Plantsim Challenge in my current games at the moment.
I would love if those of you have already embarked on the Way of the Plantsim could enlighten me on what happens when the challenge is over.

So you still have the tree stump(s). Could I put them in a room and upload them as a room to my Gallery if I ever got the urge to play a Plantsim again after the challenge ends?
Just wondering and fretting in advance...
Oh, I see that I still have about 3 RL weeks yet of the challenge... but I'm still curious about the post-challenge tree stump.

Offline GACLove14

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 07:11:30 PM »
How do I make one of the PlantSim's sad? It's the only one I need.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »
I haven't even seen a plant sim after an few hours looking, got the stump so it was downloaded but no plant sims. What is up with that?
?

@scoed  I had the same issue so I called Jasmine back up and each time I called her back to the lot there were new plant sims that appeared. Although they always appeared as people my sim already knew. One was Marcus, the other was Mortimer and so on. Very weird but still able to get all the beans that way anyway.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 07:28:06 PM »
How do I make one of the PlantSim's sad? It's the only one I need.

You could enable testingcheats on and hop into build mode, use the cheat  bb.showhiddenobjects to get the missing bean you need.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2017, 07:40:01 PM »
I'm unable to do the Plantsim Challenge in my current games at the moment.
I would love if those of you have already embarked on the Way of the Plantsim could enlighten me on what happens when the challenge is over.

So you still have the tree stump(s). Could I put them in a room and upload them as a room to my Gallery if I ever got the urge to play a Plantsim again after the challenge ends?
Just wondering and fretting in advance...
Oh, I see that I still have about 3 RL weeks yet of the challenge... but I'm still curious about the post-challenge tree stump.

@oshizu Once you have all six magic beans placed in the stump, it needs watering once before you can progress. Then it transforms into the tree and will just remain like that. It will have an entry hole to begin with which closes after a Sim has explored it - but only for a few days, then it reappears and you can enter again and find another forbidden fruit. And t says in the event description that once you have the tree, you can go back and get transformed to PlantSims even after the event is over. Hope you fret a little less now ;)

Since it's a tree, I doubt you could put it in a room, but what do I know? Lol :D

anything