Author Topic: [BUG] Glitches with Friend Making/Social Butterfly Aspiration?  (Read 4974 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Is anyone having difficulty with making friends lately? Especially re: the Social Butterfly (kids) aspiration. It's the last one I need for my sim, but the whole friend-making process seems to be taking for-e-ver compared to when I last played a few months ago.

The other thing is, the friends aren't registering in the Social Butterfly "Make 2 adult friends/Make 3 kid friends" goals.

So my sim spent an entire day interacting with Ulrike and got the green relationship bar up quite high, but the game was still saying they were acquaintances. I gave up, sent her home, and quit the game. The next day (both in-game and IRL), Ulrike is showing as a friend, but it hasn't counted that friendship towards the final social butterfly goal. I haven't switched to any other child aspirations as he's already finished the others.

So I managed to reacreate the problem. I've just had the same problem with one of the townie kids. His green bar was definitely well passed halfway, but they weren't friends. I restarted the game, suddenly they were good friends, but still no registering for the Social Butterfly aspiration. Again, he's finished all the others, I haven't changed aspirations.

Before Restart:

After Restart:

Now they're good friends

But still no takers for Social Butterfly

Any ideas? Tis a vanilla game. I am lacking a few stuff/game/expansion packs.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Glitches with Friend Making/Social Butterfly Aspiration?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 09:30:39 AM »
I've been having the same problem, although the friends do register on the aspiration eventually. The same thing can happen with adults -- my Sim talks and talks, and they show up in the friends section of the relationship panel, but he has to go home before they show up as friends when you click on their face.

The only thing I can suggest is that you use the cheat (can't remember the exact wording, but it's in the list on the Guide).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 10:30:41 AM »
Does the relationship status change when you travel or only on restart?

If it changes on travelling then there's an open bug report on ea answers (I would give the link but I'm away from home and using my tablet). If it only registers the new friendship level when you restart then it may be something new.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 11:36:47 AM »
I had twins on their home lot working on Social Butterfly. One of them started friend-making first and he completed the Make friends with 3 children milestone just fine.
The second kid started a half hour and the milestone never ticked.

But......I initially thought the blond boy might belong to Gerald and Harley, but the household configuration is all wrong.
Shoot! Thought the Morvens might be making a comeback!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 11:40:12 AM »
There is a general aspiration bug as well that could cause this issue as well. For some reason a random aspiration will become stuck and achieving the required goals will not register. Resetting the sim will not fix it, but after you reach all of said goal cheating the level does. Also there is a bug that some times relationship levels become stuck and will not progress regardless of how much the relationship bars move. This is self correcting from my experience after the sim leaves the lot and you interact with said sim again. I know of no work around for this. I haven't looked for any info on the official forums on these bugs but have experienced both more than once. I just developed my own work arounds.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 09:04:30 AM »
I have the same issue as OP. But it affects adults, too - sometimes, not always. The green bar can be way up, but the game won't register the Sims as being friends unless I log out and back in. As for the Social Butterfly ASP, I find that I have to cheat to complete it.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything