Author Topic: Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose (Complete)  (Read 36451 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2018, 06:08:03 PM »
Alyssa the BFF would've been first choice, but she was being a secret agent. Ayaka was also downstairs already, and it was important to not miss the opportunity to plead. There was quite a log-jam of folk "witnessing death". Antwan was far away trying to be entertaining, and he probably wouldn't have got to Grim. Maybe the odds were stacked in Ayaka's favour, maybe not. I don't really know. Her charisma was about level 4 at the time. To be honest, at the time I assumed their friendship was strong. I had complete faith in Ayaka. It was only after it succeeded I double checked the relationship meter and her skills and wondered if I'd just got very, very lucky. I did start a group gathering, which is why Allie showed up, for the extra boost for all the interactions.   

Goofball is a death sentence! The comedian career is a death sentence! 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 17
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »
Part 17.

Simspotting brings you the Purple kid! Progeny of the purple alien!

Quentin and Kelly doing homework. The ballpit has gone, because there was no one to Frolic in it, and I'm not sure it was the most efficient way to raise the running, jumping, bobbing about toddler skill that presently escapes me.

It's not the most elegant solution, and usually they'd do homework in the dining room.

Over the course of many group meetings, Anissa had maxed singing and here she is writing her huge hit. What's a little strange is that she's plonking away with one finger at a time even though she had quite a high level in piano.

The kid having the phase is almost certainly either Kelly or Quentin. No possible doubt whatever.

Well, some screenshots are here just because they are fun in their own right, and not because any significant plot point can be plotted. Antwan look so happy. And so excited. Anissa's feelings seem to be more "I'm happy he's happy".

Yet another abduction. All that befriending aliens at the bar, and Ayaka cuddling one on the sofa and this is the kind of thing that happens. There is a satellite dish on the roof from Homeopathic Sunlight's science career days, but come on, no one remembers to stop aliens from visiting every day.

As you see, the lucky winner of the abduction is Antwan. Abductions are a great photo opportunity. In this case, he's being gently returned to Earth just as Alyssa comes home from her secret agent business. So I took the exact same moment from a different angle.

Antwan shows some leg.

Epic picture. The leg dangling at the top. I think that dress means Alyssa was now a maxed level Double Diamond Agent - she was a goodie, not a baddie.

A few days later, and Antwan has a baby bump.

Mother and son in the library. Will he get the Vlad nose? Does he want the Vlad nose? Is he conflicted? All that (and more) still to come.

Meanwhile, Antwan's bump was getting larger.

And Anissa continued (badly) composing her hit single.

Then, one day, Antwan started sparkling. Presumably he had noticed there was some sort of... thing... happening to him by now.

For the sake of the narrative, let's say Anissa is glancing over at her dearly beloved husband. This is definitely *not* a case of unplanned group-sauna-woohoo-that-I-couldn't-stop-in-time which is would be rather weird. If that's what happened. Which it obviously didn't. (It can be useful, but this is the downside.)

Antwan doesn't stay grounded. His pregnancy made his moving about quite slow. I wanted him to grill something, and for the first time ever I moved a sim by Teleportation.

-----

Next time: a nooboo!, Anissa dresses inappropriately (which is less exciting than it sounds), and teenage Quentin & Kelly...
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2018, 04:49:31 PM »
Of course, Senior Pollination Technician #3 would want to "meet" Antwan and not Ayaka.
When I saw the abduction shots, I idly wondered if the household was full. Lol, I guess not. Himalayan Salt would be proud of that moment!
Can't wait to meet Antwan's nooboo as well as teenage Kelly and Quentin. Will Ayaka never procreate? Well, I guess there's no room in the inn now...

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2018, 05:26:15 PM »
At this stage, before the alien nooboo arrives, there are "only" 4 adults and 2 children. Ayaka does procreate. I kept Allie alive with an Age-Away serum so that she wouldn't die and leave her big house in Brindleton empty before I moved a pregnant Ayaka in there. I'm happy to give away that mild spoiler because it mostly happens off camera.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2018, 01:45:04 AM »
Oh, my heart! If I weren't so relieved, I'd feel trolled. Hats off to Ayaka. I knew there was a reason I liked her so much, and I'm very glad to know that she both procreates and gets rewarded for her service to the family with a giant house in Brindleton Bay. Phew!
I love alien pregnancies as well as dangling leg shots, so this last chapter was pleasing to me, indeed!
Such a relief to know that the intimate sauna club activity definitely didn't happen, especially with the suffering husband right outside! Maybe they should fix that bug, after all.
I'm on the edge of my seat about the nose question! Bring on those teens!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 18
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2018, 05:09:57 PM »
Part 18.

The ubiquitous, necessary, Hospital Visit.

The receptionist isn't quite sure Antwan has come to the right place. (Anissa came along too. She was curious. Would jealousy make sense? Her husband having another woman's child? My brain dissolves trying to make sense of it.) The receptionist stares blankly at his baby bump and wonders how that works. So do we all.

Naturally, for such an unusual case, the hospital just gave a lab coat to some bloke walking by who had no medical reputation on the line.

He soon mastered the controls well enough to mix the dough and squirt the mayonnaise within an acceptable margin of error!

Rather curiously, Anissa decided to... get therapy? Because her house is mad? Because she is mad?

She changed into that outfit which is *not* one of her own (there are pink formal dresses in most hospital wards if you know where to look - ladies, you can thank me later) and she waited. For nothing.

An excited, green, alien nooboo. Meet Ahilac. I looked up a list of Sims 3 Alien names. It's even more exciting if you don't pronounce it with a hard 'c'. If that's a bit of an unpronounceable mouthful, she was nearly called Charlotte before the frenzied excitement (I'm rather over-selling this) of finding an alien name took hold!

A gratuitous shot of blue Alyssa in the blue drawing room.

She's trying to look more sophisticated. Or blue.

And once the baby has fallen asleep, obviously you improve your entirely legitimate drinking skill. As you can see, it was the next installment of How Long Can You Stay in Your Hospital Pregnancy Outfit.

Allie showed up in an outfit I don't think I'd have chosen... for a birthday(s) party. You can see the blue cake waiting there.

Kelly went first. And having aged up, grabbed some popcorn and headed for the dining room.

Sigh. That's taken minutes after becoming a teen. A maxed weight slider, incidentally. For a teen. I feel like a bad sim parent.

Okay.

Deep breath.

Here's Quentin:

What. On. Earth. Is. That.

I decided I wanted him to be a concert pianist, because I want the concert piano, and so even as a teen I dressed him rather neatly. Indicative of his powerful, organized mind that can comprehend Notes on a Page.

He did need a few changes. Anywho. When he aged to teen, his eyebrows were dark brown. So that's what I changed his hair to. Because that's exciting. Maybe he was dying his hair as a child... and a toddler...

Kelly got an overhaul too. The other teen is Evie Delgato who starts as a toddler. She's super pretty. 

Anissa adopted Charlotte / Ahilac as a care dependent, and started teaching her about Earth Stuff.

And a cute way to end, here's Ahilac as a toddler after being dressed up. Our alien superhero! Aww. Obviously she didn't have any hairstyle set, but that is her "natural" colour. I never put aliens in disguise. It seems such a waste of colour.

-----

Next gripping episode: more toddlering, a colourful sim is spotted in the Wild, and Ayaka looks pleased

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2018, 07:51:50 PM »
Wow, Quentin soooooo got da nose!
The dog-ear hair was a bit overwhelming, though, so I'm glad you replaced that. He looks like an entirely different sim after your makeover.
I went back several times to see Quentin with the dog-ear hair...cackled loudly every time. Sorry!

Anissa remains gorgeous! Girl, SPT #3 ain't got nothing on you!
About the pudginess, do you think that body shape is randomized upon ageing up? Fortunately, two non-pear sims have never produced a pear-shaped sim in my games.
But the appearance of chubby toddlers seems so random.

Ahilac, you are adorable. Looking forward to seeing more of you next.
What's that? A "colorful sim in the wild"? Looking forward to what's next!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2018, 01:51:29 AM »
Oh, my word! The superhero alien cutie! I adore her!
Quentin is magnificent, and I think the cat ears kind of worked on him. They balanced out the nose. I suppose they would have distracted from the dignity of a budding concert pianist, though, so I think you made the right choice in removing them. Hard to decipher those Notes on a Page with your ears all flopping about.
I really like the shot of Alyssa gratuitously coordinating with the living room. She's totally pulling it off.
Can't wait to see what my girl Ayaka finds so pleasing next time!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 19
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2018, 05:00:44 PM »
@oshizu I know from my previous eugenics thing at not-Ochre Court that body shapes are definitely heritable. I guess Kelly was just eating too much cake as a child or something. Thankfully she doesn't have any of the strange body shapes. Some of them look rotund even when the sim is fully thin, and vice versa.

Yes, Quentin's picture is... remarkable. :) Vlad's genes are strong.

@FrancescaFiori Yes! Such a cute toddler. I love that cape. It seemed fitting what with her being from outer space or something.

I have never anticipated teens aging up so much, and we could hardly wish for a more memorable look. Yes, there's some balance with the nose and the ears, but I gladly leave that for someone braver than me. It was the first time I had seen that hairstyle and was very shocked. I didn't know if those really were his ears.

-----

Part 19.

A poignant moment. Alien toddler watches Alien TV cooking show.

But she's a toddler, so she doesn't understand how abnormal this is. Dramatic irony. Deep.

When Ahilac wasn't being a superhero, she was a pink blob.

"Mommy, why am I green?"

"So you remember to eat your vegetables."

Then our vampire visitor Christin Matsuura made an appearance. She's been stalking around for ages, and somehow made it inside past all the garlic braids, and she wouldn't be the last one either.

This is one of the less photographed and less decorated rooms on the basement level. For telling and listening to jokes, singing, browsing the intelligence database.

That's the woodwork table and chairs Himalayan Salt made. And that's the sofa Nick unlocked as tech guru. Blissfully unaware of the history surrounding her, Ahilac talks about princesses not chairs. 

Quentin and Kelly brought home projects from high school. I was determined to get an excellent rocket. I really wanted to see that.

I love how Ayaka is looking mildly unimpressed with the contents of the test tube. As the resident astronaut she was roped in to help. It made sense. Between them they did make an excellent rocket which replaced the other one on the lawn. It'll no doubt turn up in the background of another picture at some stage.

Finally, after much delay, Ayaka is a space ranger. And she looks pleased. She's come a long way since she was rescued from the street in part 8.

The wishing well actually worked this time. I held my breath and bribed it, and wished, and she got the last promotion on the spot. As fond of Ayaka as I am (as we all are!) I did feel her time in the house was up. And there was a new child. That meant if Ayaka was to have a family of her own it had to be elsewhere. Now that she had unlocked all she could for us, she was to be moved in with Allie. That doesn't happen immediately, I'm just emotionally preparing you.

Simspotting!

The colourful sim in the Wild has aged up to a teenager. It looks like Quentin has just arrived back from a rough day at school. I do take nice CAS portraits of Kelly and Quentin later on, in case someone is waiting for a good look at them. Be patient. Patience is a virtue.

Kelly had decided to be a Cereal Romantic. Wait... yeah... no... that's right. With the hope of finishing her cereal in her teen years. (This was ultimately thwarted by a lack of teens.)

Christin came back, yet again, but this time smelled the garlic and just turned around, prancing off in the opposite direction. 

Aihlac and her mum go for Cake.

I like that the doors are open still, and we can see into the library and that window. It's just a really pretty picture.

Ahilac as a child!

Ahilac as a child with her hand stuck in the piano!

I really wanted to share that screenshot when it happened, but didn't because it would give away too much. Anissa can't look. She's horrified.

-----

Next time: Ayaka experiences changes, reading is hard, and we shed some light on the kitchen... finally

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2018, 05:28:05 PM »
Way to go with the last promotion, Ayaka and her watcher!
The L10 Space Ranger uniform is one of my very favorites!
Ahilac aged up to a pretty little girl. Does her father Antwan interact with her much? Just curious.

Both teens are lovely! Great profile shot of Quentin working on the school project.
If my sim kids don't bring home the project i want, I just buy it for them. It still gives a grade boost if completed, just like if they'd completed the one they brought home.

Christin Matsuura is relentless. Has she ever succeeded in drinking from any of the adult sims. Um, she doesn't seem very...bright.
Looking forward to learning about Ayaka's new fate!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2018, 12:04:21 AM »
The piano shot! Such timing! The horror on Anissa's face is so real. Here's hoping she never sees what happens when two sims try to take food out of the refrigerator at the same time.

Ahilac may be even cuter as a child than a toddler. No cape, sadly, but her outfit is still very charming.

Also loved the vampire creeper through the wall. Those two amorous teens have no idea they're being hunted. It's a classic horror movie in one shot!

Ayaka looks divine in her space ranger outfit, and very pleased indeed. Back pats all around!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 20
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2018, 04:47:39 PM »
@oshizu He certainly does, I don't know how many times there was something interesting or pretty enough to screenshot. I hunted through all my pictures and maybe there is a lack of Antwan + green daughter. So I'll try and throw them together at some point. Anissa was always on hand to do the parenting.

So far Christin hasn't successfully bitten anyone ever. She hasn't got the hang of this "vampire" thing yet. 

@FrancescaFiori Thank you kindly. I got lucky with Ahilac's skin colour. Those really intense blues and purples can be harder to deal with. I like the green.

-----

Part 20.

Sigh. The impossible read-to-a-child objective. This is why we don't see Antwan with Ahilac. He doesn't have the patience.

So, here we are ensconced in the comfortable cozy library, Anissa has begun reading to a green child. She has another book in her inventory about Johan Strauss II's op. 449 Pizzicato Polka. Which I'm listening to now to get in the mood. (Growing up, there was only Classic FM in the house. The pizzicato is not my fav polka. I have a fav polka. *shrugs*) I've digressed. So that reading was going fine. I left it. I didn't pay attention. Worst case scenario only 1 of the 2 required hours would be complete, right... ?

So with that sorted I decided this was as good a time as any to redecorate the kitchen. Adding the window makes a difference. Who knew. I do apologize to m'sims for being rather behindhand in fitting a window.

If I can explain the general principle of a window, my understanding is that they're transparent. So light - or whatever - can get through? I know right. I was sceptical too. And then like the room - or whatever - is like brighter or something. I dunno. I think it works.

Maybe it was entering build mode that cancelled the reading, but to my surprise some hours later Ahilac was discovered to not have even completed one hour of being read to. And of course Anissa marched all the way up to the top floor and Ahilac had to find her way there, and half the book was finished.

It's now evening, but as you see in that picture the sun hasn't set yet. This is to give readers an idea of time passing and long and arduous this reading adventure was.

Later that evening - Antwan is coming home from pro-athleting - and there's this innocuous scene. It is however, Ayaka's last space mission before moving out.

EDIT: This is where Ayaka moved!

Yes, that's a toddler you haven't officially met yet.

Back inside the Newcrest house, the reading was really taking it's toll on Anissa and Ahilac. I was Very Tense. Anissa in her wisdom decided to march all the way from the top floor the depths of the basement to read to Ahilac. You can tell from the colour of the plumbob how things have deteriorated. I wasn't even sure this third attempt would finally complete before either or both of them fell asleep from exhaustion. But it did finally happen sometime after midnight. 

But seriously... that sofa? Down there? I'm still annoyed. The first picture I took in the library is almost routine because it's cute. It's a fun parenting moment. Some wild gesticulation, some skeptical looks on Ahilac's face. But as it became obvious how much of a not-even-slightly-fun trial it was, I was determined to document the ridiculousness of it.

At least Anissa's nerves recovered. She back in the green.

Autonomous seranading happens fairly often in the house. Especially between these two who are very Fond of each other.

Hey, Ayaka is back!

She's still part of the family club, so she's often visiting. Which is nice.

We haven't had anyone on the yoga mat for a while. Here the resident masseuse / opera singer / gardener gets focused for yet another round of weeding.

Altogether, the family was rather musical. Quentin was learning many instruments for his musical aspiration and future career. He wrote at least two songs as a teenager.

Anissa had also decided to learn the piano for the sake of something to do. And because it seems posh.

And Ahilac was pursuing her creativity aspiration. I don't cake anyone up early, so children have their full childhood and we always complete all 4 aspirations. And Kelly and Quentin both came frustratingly close to getting all 5 postive character traits. But one of them was really hard to raise as a teen, so mistakes made there were going to be corrected in Ahilac. She would be Perfect. We hope.

The superfast skilling from happy / top-notch toddler in addition to the small headstart in the childhood aspirations means it's easy to complete all 4 with a week to spare. And then the focus switches to parenting. Ahilac had maxed creativity before she started her "play musical instruments for 5 hours".

The 6 sims of the household. The adults of which are getting close to elder.

Ah. Well, here's all of 'em interacting. Mum and dad and (tired) kiddo.

And behold! Ayaka visits!

At time of writing, I haven't seen her nooboo(s), or what colour it is. I should go get some pictures, and of the house she moved to. I'll come back and edit the house in. I think the father is the alien she was cuddling once in the drawing room.

-----

Next time: I'll drink mine if you drink yours, happy Caleb*, Antwan visits family

*not really happy

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2018, 06:39:35 PM »
Reading to toddlers is much easier than reading to children, imho. Grab a toddler's book and read to a toddler whenever they're eating. Multiple toddlers, even.
My sims never have to read to children anymore.
Is it just my game, or do sims seem to be dropping their queues like crazy since the last patch?

Oh right, Antwan works and would thus have fewer parenting shots!
I'm very eager to meet Ayaka's spouse, brood, and house!!!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2018, 01:27:21 AM »
Okay, I won't be able to rest until I know what your favorite polka is. Being from the Midwest I grew up with a fair amount of polka, but none that really jumped out at me and declared itself to be my favorite. Safe to assume yours doesn't have anything to do with beer barrels or badgers?

At last the fabled kitchen window makes its appearance! Worth the wait!

I feel your pain on the "read to child" goal. I once had a parent drag a child to a bench across the street to complete it. Ugh.

Ayaka's house is charming. I'm so glad to see that she's well-settled. I'm on the edge of my seat regarding her nooboo and its coloring. Also, you know I love a (not) happy Caleb, so I'm very excited for that.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2018, 04:23:59 AM »
@FrancescaFiori Quite safe. The polkas I was subjected to in my youth were of the Johan Strauss variety. Which is why I like the child's book "My Pizzi-cat-o Polka". Most Strauss polkas are beautiful and energetic, and I'm sure I've referred to them colloquially as waltzes. I have a rebellious streak that causes me to resist going with the crowd favourites. So my final answer would be the Annen polka. I encourage All to get a fav polka. It's so useful. 

@oshizu The events here are still a little way behind the current state. I haven't played it much in the last few weeks while the story catches up. This is a long way of saying I wouldn't take anything as indicative of the current patch. If what you say is true, I certainly don't want reading to children to become more difficult!

But what about for the Whiz Kid aspiration? Does reading to them as a toddler count towards that?  :)

Exit Bunthorne.

anything