Author Topic: Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose (Complete)  (Read 35924 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2018, 06:57:07 PM »
Don't beat yourself over the Kolala Lamp! It's not 100% failsafe which is worse than not having it in the first place because it betrays our very hopes and expectations.
I loathe that disruptive monster under the bed!
A kitchen the size of a ballroom? Who has that kind of space to squander? (In my defense, my legacy kitchen is just a little corner in a large open space...)
And I agree with you. It would be a crying shame if a dining room as lovely as yours (with the zebra rug and checkerboard parquet) weren't a hub of houshold activities.

Awww, Ahilac looks so pretty in that shot with Papa at the bar. I would indeed avidly read another story starring Ahilac and Chadwick.
Could they be your jungle explorers/adventurers?

Do you allow Antwan to jog or is he just moving from Point A to Point B? Now you have me worrying about him, too!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 24
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »
Part 24.

Ahilac gets Focused for school, but the reason for the picture is Ayaka. And the cozy fireplace is cozy.

The main cook in the house is still, somehow, Antwan. His Long Lived trait has so far lived up to it's billing. For that matter, his mother Allie who also has that trait I still alive. Okay, I tested one Age-Away serum on her as an elder, but even so I'm impressed by her longevity. Antwan has that amazing Outdoor Retreat trait of master of stoves and grills for impeccable food. And with him being an elder, he and others were making all the special San Myshuno recipes they knew for Quentin and Kelly and Ahilac to learn while there was still time.

This is not one of those exciting recipes, but there was an awful lot of cooking going on.

Kelly went into politics.

I've had a president in another save, but never gone down the Fund Raiser line, so that's the new and unchartered territory for Kelly.

Date Night 2.0 at The Muckery. Here is Allie, still alive, still partying.

Kelly and Quentin went to a secluded table to talk and massage. Another successful gold date.

Ahilac had been a child long enough, and on one happy a Friday morning there were 0 days to aging up. There was no chance she was going to school. None. I like it when it works out like this because she had Friday, Saturday, Sunday and got through quite a lot of stuff before her first day in high school. The final gold date would be tonight, and the wedding was scheduled for the Saturday! Lots happening all at once in the house.

The reflection in the mirror was a happy coincidence. It's like she could be on a coin. 'Tis the last time she'll be in her Alien cultural dress.

So Ahilac is tolerably good looking. The thing with dressing aliens, male or female, is that too much colourful skin can be overpowering.

I think she aged up to teen with all 5 character traits in range of a positive outcome. The goal was to just keep them there, which became rather less of a formality than anticipated. But that's for the future. Here I had asked Antwan to help with homework for the sake of a father / daughter picture, but Anissa autonomously helped first. Kelly's everyday wardrobe is now rather functional, and in keeping with her deeply meaningful fundraising cause. 

Ahilac started her first novel, a children's book.

That's because I want to decorate the room in the basement with the microphone - where Antwan was singing poorly? that one - as a comedy room. The Public Relations line of the social media career has lots of great playful framed articles. And because she was going into social media, writing and charisma would be her main focus. And because she needed writing, she chose the writing aspiration. As a result, much of the basement gets renovated.

Mixology update: Antwan, great sim that he is, maxes the skill. To my complete surprise.

His younger cousin Alyssa beat him to that milestone by about two weeks. I should consider having a sim pursue that as a career one day because the Snaggle Fluster is so good. Just look at all the drinks piling up. Oh it gets worse!

-----

Next time: Date Night 3.0, we guess Ayaka's favourite drink, and some birthdays... the day before the wedding too!

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2018, 12:21:58 PM »
Ahilac is very pretty, indeed! I feel your pain on dressing alien sims. I had a half-alien dynasty heir who was always in white, black, and grey because all of the blue tones in clothing clashed with his lovely skin. It's tragic, really, but Ahilac is doing very well for herself.
Your autonomous master bartenders are a riot!
I adore that hair on Quentin. It really compliments his nose! I'm also happy to see the Muckery in your game. It's one of my favorite Maxis-made venues. It's just so seedy and gritty! The cool kids' dance club. The cool kids with tetanus!
I'm very excited for the wedding, and on the edge of my seat about Ayaka's favorite drink!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 25
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2018, 05:38:09 PM »
@FrancescaFiori I'll pass along the compliments and tell him you swooned! I'm very happy with Quentin and his nose now. He's an handsome sim.

I think the household does end up profiting from all the autonomous juice making. A lot of the time I manually drag the empty / spoiled drink to the trash compacter for $60, which is more than the drink costs.

From tetanus to food poisoning...

----------

Part 25.

Date Night 3 at the Salty Paws Saloon. I've long since given up on dressing these two up.

Quentin vents to Kelly about one of the orchestra - the Second Trombone - who has fled his father's Court, on account of having the misfortune of captivating Katisha, an elderly lady, who then claimed him in marriage! He had to marry her within a week or die! Outrageous.

Kelly is fascinated, naturally, and who could doubt it, but still thinks it worth trying other interactions to reach the target. Quentin has such dry humour it's probably not a true story. It sounds fictional.

Just try not kiss the nose.

What was hugely frustrating about the date is that getting flirty was *impossible*. Nothing would do it, not even proposing. (So they're engaged now. That happened.) And everyone else at the establishment got creeped out by public displays of affection. It was Ladies Night, I don't know if that had anything to do with it. One of the goals was to "flirt with your date while flirty", and seen as flirting and kissing was not making them flirty they were each sent upstairs to the bathrooms to freshen up.

It's a lovely, beautiful, symmetrical moment.

Part of the reason they came here on the date was to learn the new recipes which no one in the family had done yet.

I had hoped the food vendor would be open all night, but alack, no. The sun was about to come up though, and Quentin and Kelly were told to just stay and make romantic small talk while they waited. They were very tired, but I didn't want to bring the club here and rally the troops because that fills hunger.

As soon as the shoppe opened, they ordered fishy breakfast and called over Ahilac so all 3 recipes could be learned.

I really did think of adopting a stray kitty. Hmm. But I know I wouldn't stop at one. That's the thing.

So Ayaka visited...

... and headed to the bar. And made a heap of Simsmapolitans. It's not even a club gathering. She's just here because she likes us. And maybe she doesn't have a bar at home, and we have 3.

The fund raising begins. Having not had such a sim before, I didn't know what legwork Kelly was in for. All the times she'd try run down a passing sim. But Allie was easy at least. Yup, Allie, the first child of the save is still with us, and one of the first to see the importance of Kelly's cause.

I ask, does he really need to make another drink?

So all Ayaka's drinks were consumed or otherwise cleaned up - they're not part of this juice exhibition. There's also not much duplication of drinks here. Antwan looks like he's making the whole menu. I obviously stopped him. What would his family think?!

Alyssa bakes a cake. For a a reference point, her son Quentin was level 8 musician when he was on this date.

I don't know if it was cruel to make her bake her own elder birthday cake or not. I'm conflicted! Did she know what was going to happen when she tasted the frosting? She looks unhappy. This is the last picture of Alyssa the Spy as an adult. She is an elder now.

And the last picture of Anissa as an adult.

The age gap between Anissa and Alyssa wasn't as big as I thought. She cleans up the counter after the baking before she too blows out her candles. This is now Saturday morning. Quentin and Kelly are home and catching up sleep. And the wedding needed to happen this day because it doesn't interfere with any work schedules. Without that, Anissa could've maybe stayed young and beautiful for a few more hours, but I didn't want her to get the sad moodlet from a missed birthday. She and Alyssa would have to be elders at the wedding. :)

-----

Next up: death, and bugs (of more than one kind), and the gormless man with the paw print hair cut gets a lecture... 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2018, 06:38:44 PM »
Ahilac aged up into a very pretty teen. Did she inherit any of Antwan's facial features?
Is that even a thing with hybrid kids?

Haha, of course, Antwan maxes mixology. He and that bar have been glued at the hip for how many updates so far? Lol.
He makes a handsome elder!
Every screenshot of Alyssa or Quentin in profile is fabulous!
Ooooh, Alyssa and Anissa are elders, too! The household is greying so quickly, it seems!
Is Chadwick Suzuki a teen, too?

(I usually sell drinks from a personal inventory; many of them (especially high-level ones) net more value than nanocan, even with a full household. )

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2018, 05:31:06 AM »
@oshizu No, nothing of Antwan in her. In fact, I have a suspicion these male abduction alien nooboos might all look alike. I'll have to go back to another save and compare faces. I've just noticed Ahilac doesn't have pointy ears. Therefore if anyone has an Female Abduction Sim With Pointy Ears, then we'll know they are different.

I've been on the lookout for Chadwick walking past, and when he does I take pictures. So you'll be kept up to speed on him with the updates. It's hard to miss his pale blue skin. He's quite a bit younger than Ahilac. Not that this is a big spoiler (it might add interest and anticipation!), but Chadwick seemed to age to teen the day or so after Ahilac aged to Young Adult. So they're about one life stage apart. For the new save -- and I've been messing around in Build Mode a lot -- CAS magic can happen to make them the same age if I go that route. 

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 26
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
Part 26.

We're at the Myshuno Meadows for a wedding.

And immediately you can tell there is a problem. We're at a bar (hand up who was surprised by that!) and not an arch. In fact, I had a suspicion of this problem when Quentin and Kelly were on that date. If she proposed, the error saying it would be "inappropriate to marry a sim in your employ" popped up. This is nonsense. They've never worked together. Never been in one of those careers. They've both always been in my household. When Quentin proposed however, it was successful. No error. And I hoped that would be the case with the wedding. Ahilac was playing the piano and getting tense that the wedding wasn't happening. This is a bug I read about yonks ago, and was patched, and returned, and was patched. Anywho, whatever the current state (maybe it's been patched again since this) it seemed like they couldn't marry.

But then someone died, and that gave me hope!

Because now the game was insisting that I can't have a wedding while someone is dying, and maybe that's the reason Quentin and Kelly couldn't get hitched. And I've gone to the hassle of going to a proper venue, not just using the arch at the back of the house.

Sigh. The problem is a bit of death upsets everyone. And now Quentin was too sad to get married.

He was fed a moodlet solver, and is now deliriously happy!

But still, even with the death behind them, the wedding was not going to happen. Inappropriate to marry someone in your employ. One of them is a concert pianist, and the other is a fund raiser. Makes total sense.

Incidentally, the purple alien is Tessa Hammond from alien night at the bar all that time ago, and mother of the strange purple sim we've spotted in the wild a few times. She's talking to Anissa.

There was no point sticking around, so we headed home.

This gentleman, a once upon a time romantic interest of Kelly, was duly told just how horrible it all was by Ahilac.

"... and then Grim showed up. And then dad, who was at the bar, was like 'this is so sad'. And I was like crying and stuff. And it was totally awkward. Because like there was like cake. And everything. And someone died. I like tweeted it all."

I did try marry the bride and groom at the arch at the back of the house, but same bug. Whatever. I tried. Let's just take it that they are husband and wife.

There were other bugs too... in the money plants. Quentin is now head gardener. It's dramatic irony that he is spraying bugs. I thought we had already seen the deepest thing ever in Sims, but no. This is it here.

So, "husband" and "wife" needed cheering up after the long day, and tried for baby. This is what happens when you try for baby. You end up having a baby.

Yay! So this time around, Kelly gulped down many carrots. The plan is for a boy now and a then girl.

And after quite the eventful few days, and having already written two novels, Ahilac had her first day in high school.

As a bonus, and to amuse myself, I fired the Excellent rocket project thingum. Which, being Excellent, is a two-stage rocket.

-----

Next time: Ahilac makes a friend, Anissa goes visiting, and the happy side benefit of the wedding...

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »
Didn't Kelly recently do Serial Romantic? Did she go around and ask all her loves to be "just friends"?
I'm sure you already tried that. Glitches, ugh!
It was nice, however, seeing everybody in their formal wear for a change, though. Well, except for Antwan.
Quentin wears that tux well!

I'm such a loser--I don't understand the irony behind Quentin spraying bugs. :(
Buuuuuuut, I'm incredibly excited about the nooboo!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2018, 07:29:09 PM »
Yes, I'm with oshizu. I expect Kelly's checkered past is to blame, and even if the old boyfriends don't cause jealousy they can still find a nonsensical way to run amok. I've had that bug before and it's a total pain. What's the point of being a serial romantic if you just end up monogamous in the end, anyway?
Nevertheless, it's really not a Sim wedding unless someone dies and everyone is miserable, and Ahilac looked stunning telling the tale, so overall I'd call it a great success.
I'm elated that you've solved the mystery of the "excellent" school project rocket! And captured it so well, too. Two stages! Bravo!
In the previous post, Antwan does seem to be staring into his shaker pondering, "Should I?" And of course the answer was yes. There aren't enough drinks until no more can physically be placed on the bar, and even then you can find another surface if you really try.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2018, 05:38:29 AM »
Thanks both for the reply. :) Hmm. It might be more of a hassle than is worth fixing. Because that's at least 10 sims to invite over. When I get back to the save I'll see what's what.

I think sims are generally not in formal wear often enough. I'm all for bow ties and opera gloves. I think Quentin should be able to play a 'song of sophistication' now he's completed the musical aspiration! For that I'll have to edit Kelly's formal look. She can't be Miss Havisham and wear wedding dresses around the house.   

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 27
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2018, 03:42:11 PM »
Part 27.

Firstly, some housekeeping. I have had an itch to get started on the new save and new house. And that means I'll have an update or two of that in storage and hopefully be able to update that consistently when it starts. There's a few reasons for this, one of which was meeting Chadwick as a teen. He's a pear with those genetically impossible narrow shoulders. There's no way he's getting into the gene pool, and I figured I'm not waiting for him. Another reason is Ahilac is an all-time favourite sim, but she's too powerful to start with. All those toddler / child traits that boost skilling, and the character traits she gets, would make the start not feel like a start. So that's why I'm happy to move them into another house after a generation or two, and not start with her. Chadwick would have to be edited in CAS, and then he and Ahilac can have a colorful kid to marry into the big house. That's the current plan.

Back in Newcrest, Anissa decides she'll have takeaway. 

The male sim in the striped shirt and blue hat is Ayaan (or something like that - slob, lazy) but has remained a frequent visitor to the house as Ahilac's significant other. He's a teen. We'll maybe see Chadwick next time, but he's still a child - so can't be the +1. I'm not a fan of Striped Man's traits, but he's handsome enough and doesn't have pinched-in shoulders. But that pales in significance compared to pale blue skin! And blue Chadwick is a child of Ayaka, which is nice. So in the long run, Striped Man will lose out.

Ahilac brought home a friend from school in an angry mood. And was going to take her anger out on Blarfy. I'm always amazed at the outfits some of them get.

Antwan has been having too much juice!

His daughter is sighing gently.

Kelly was good at 1-on-1 persuasive conversations, but protesting for her cause wasn't quite her thing. She doesn't really commit.

Ahilac went into a sad phase. I don't blame her. To be expected. She can't be very well-adjusted psychologically when everyone in the house is always a bit tipsy.

She's so awesomely smart, she did homework to try to calm herself.

Anissa goes on a visit to space.

Turns out, what Alyssa learned about abductions isn't true at all. They saw her nose and didn't trust her (the Sixamites had a bad experience with other aliens), so they made stuff up to keep her away. 

We have a ghost in the house again.

This is the lady who died at the wedding, Saya Ayashi. Everyone kept mourning at her gravestone, so she got loaded into Quentin's inventory and brought home. Not the worst thing, because I wanted to raise Ahilac's handiness skill and ghosts break stuff. We recently had a glitch with the washing machine, so I replaced it, but then didn't have a sim skilled enough to do the upgrades which are all quite difficult.

First nooboo...

... is Ethan. This was one of the times I didn't take the first name given to me.

Mixology update: we are solidly in the Granny Smash phase.

Antwan, walking away, was drinking one. Alyssa is drinking one, and there are another two on the bar counter. Sigh.

No sooner was one baby born, than #2 was queued up! More nooboo!

Ayaka was an adult when she had Chadwick. There was a nagging feeling that she was close to elder now, and that Chad needed a mother to live a bit longer. Alyssa, not looking suspicious at all, tested an Age-Away serum on her.

Ayaka also overpowered Quentin with her charm and got pregnant. Some guy had to do it. So there's another Ayaka nooboo because we like her.

Cynical teenage Ahilac. Brilliant picture.

Yes,  it's Christin Matsuura again - she of Part 3 - but for the first time it's because she was invited by Kelly who needed to secure more donations for The Cause.

Later that evening, Quentin returns as a level 10 entertainer. That was quick. Those chance cards for being responsible must have helped. After a while I did send him into another career.

Kelly started a career a few days behind Quentin, but was progressing well. The constant fund raising while pregnant was not ideal though. I did consider having a dinner party to gather many good citizens together who might support The Cause, but didn't, and it wasn't really necessary.

She couldn't ask anyone living in the same house for a donation, but she could ask the ghost...

Ethan hatched into a toddler!

There's a lot of Quentin there. The hair colour, eye colour, and eye shape are all his.

While in CAS, I took a picture of Ahilac in disguise. This is what we're all missing out on.

---------

Next episode: the nooboo! the magic shower! the Chadwick! the basement renovation!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »
Oh a new start! It's always so fun to start something new--all the planning, set up, scheming!
It sounds like you already have your start started but, if you reallywant to start with Ahilac, you could always use cheats to remove the bonus traits you don't want.
That way, she would keep her current relationships (I assume that's why you don't just make a library clone).
Oh dear, poor Chadwick is a pear.  Ayaka so doesn't deserve that! And I'm not sure I've ever seen a pear alien, either.

Ethan is so handsome already! And he looks so serious!
And now both Kelly and Ayaka are pregnant by Quentin. My, my, my. Quentin and his nose have been busy, indeed!
I'm eagerly hoping, of course, that the nose lives on!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2018, 02:20:41 PM »
Ahilac possesses the same charming cynicism in diguise, but I'm glad you keep her mostly green. I love the sound of the new start very much!
Shame about Chadwick and the pear-iness, but that's what testing cheats are for.
Ethan is adorable. I love the severity of his toddler eyebrows. I have definitely met toddlers like that.
Ayaka is a saucy minx, but really, who could resist that nose? I don't blame her one bit.
So many good pictures this time! I think my favorite it Kelly's forlorn backyard protest, though. "There were 45 yeses on the e-vite! Where IS everyone?"

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 28
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2018, 03:45:44 PM »
@oshizu I'd have no regret making a library clone of a street rescue sim who hasn't gone through a challenging yet character building childhood, but to take away all Ahilac's heard earned traits from childhood seems unfair. Then I may as well grow another alien. I feel that if she appears again, it must be her complete self. Besides, I need far weirder sims than Ahilac to start with.

@FrancescaFiori Yes, Kelly cuts a tragically lonely figure out there. Midnight... not a sound from the pavement... and so on. I'm personally fond of Antwan sitting with Ahilac at the bar. I take many screenshots just because so many pretty things happen.

-----

Part 28.

Ethan ducks for cover as Antwan happily throws yet another flash card in his face.

Confirmation that Ayaka is pregnant!

Kelly is a little further along than Ayaka. Nice to have the women all in the same picture. Alyssa is a bit undecided about where she'd like to go, but that's to be expected when the bar is already occupied.

I once considered moving some of the elders out to Ayaka's house. But I didn't want to move out Anissa because she's has the Role Model trait, and moving Antwan out without his wife is unkind. So everyone stayed on. I prefer smaller households and the two children would take the total number to 7 sims, but it wouldn't be a disaster if some of the elders overexerted. Not that I tried. You have to believe me.

Behold mini-Ethan! A happy toddlering he had. Basking in the homely comfort of Alyssa's nose!

He soon had a sibling to annoy him! What luck. This is Lacy.

Ahilac contacted a Contagious Disease at school (obviously - unless it was Antwan's cooking), and the disease, being Incredibly Friendly, agreed to know her better. A beautiful and heartwarming friendship. The Disease, however, felt unappreciated when Ahilac was doing a school project. Everyone said so. The signs were there that the Friendship couldn't last. The Disease was clingy however, and Ahilac took steps to unfriend it. She tried a decontamination shower, but first time of asking it just popped her out without doing anything. But that was fine because it set up these before and after pictures.

A rather momentous occasion now. This is Chadwick as a child.

He's certainly an interesting young man. You might not be able to see the red earrings that match his glasses.

The basement makeover.

Gone is the wicker furniture with purple cushions. We're all woody and orangey now.

And one of those obligatory cute toddler-with-adult pictures.

Ahilac on her phone, because teenager. And Ethan who is in need of Care, glares at her her. Never mind kiddo. Alyssa comes to sort you out.

And that was the last we saw of Alyssa. Dying well before her cousin Antwan who had long been an elder. But he's long lived.

Grim waits on the other side of the door.

We'll miss your nose, Alyssa. It made many people happy. Not in the short term - the family are unhappy - but taking a broader view. They mostly liked you. Yeah. Not too bad. And you died on the blue faux fur rug. BFF. In your BFF's old room. Beautiful.

-----

Next episode: The family are unhappy, Ahilac's desperate final day rush, and some aging up happens...

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2018, 02:10:40 PM »
I so wanted to pay more respectful attention to Alyssa's death, but I was distracted, yet again, by your fabulous and clever use of floor tiles. It's like a large-format basketweave! It's gorgeous! I'm so angry with myself for my shift-clicking to just get my floors done as fast as possible. No more! I'm stepping up my game!
I did pay enough attention to her death to note that the bed beside her was empty, so I can take your word for it that she was not nudged toward the reaper with any enjoyable over-exertive activities.
Chadwick does, indeed, look like a very interesting young man. I should like to know him better.
The shower company should hire Ahilac to do their advertisements. Before and after magic! She looks delighted!

anything