Author Topic: Sharebears 9.94: The End of This Journey (Completed 13 Mar 2020)  (Read 162867 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: A Sharebear Legacy: Gen2 Heir Vote! (03/11)
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2018, 12:13:29 PM »
I must say of the two of them i must choose Benicio. He is a darling.
You are getting though the legacy pretty fast and also with a great amount of points. I am inspired to do my own legacy story again.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2018, 02:08:16 PM »
I decided to be a bit different and go with Alejandro.  He has glasses and I do lol  That and the unflirty trait doesn't mean he won't be affectionate with a spouse.  I've had some very flirty unflirty sims XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »
I, too, went with Alejandro.  They are both nice looking guys, but I like Alejandro better.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2018, 10:45:30 PM »
Team Alejandro!  I mean, he looks cool and he had the good taste to go after Sofia and I have a soft spot for her.  An older spouse could sill be an option, right?  Right? 
Anyway, a lovely update all around.  Can't believe how quickly things go on short lifespan!
Kudos to Jose for being such an understanding spouse!  Sherilee and her active career indeed!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2018, 11:16:52 PM »
I went with Alejandro because unflirty has more comedic potential.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2018, 12:14:32 AM »
I voted for Benicio! I just love the contrast of genius and creative, heh.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2018, 11:47:50 AM »
I voted completely based on hair, but I'm not telling who I voted for because SUSPENSE!
Love your heir poll!

Jose is such a prince to look the other way about Serial Romantic. Could that guy get any more perfect?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2018, 02:14:26 AM »
@HelenP
Thanks for voting! I'm a fan of orange and brown, too! Go ahead and be superficial! This is the sims we're talking about, lol.

@LenaLJ
I think they're both really handsome, but I'm shamelessly biased!
As for my score, I'm obviously going for the easy points first, haha. I was really anxious at first and whined a bit to FrancescaFiori and PeregrineTook about Short lifespan.
But now I'm really enjoying it and can't stop playing it, lol. The career-related points will be hardest, I imagine.

@Shewolf13
Alejandro aged up with those glasses and so I kept them. I'm glad they're twins. If they'd been identical triplets, I would have trouble moving one of the three out early, haha.

@simfulicious
Thanks for voting! The twins each have the same number of votes right now. It's a bit maddening, haha.
Yeah, Alejandro is a little more modest--he's unflirty and isn't whizzing through aspirations like a hot knife through butter. :)

@PeregrineTook
Oh come on, Pippin! Everybody knows that Sofia's no match for Yuki. Joking aside, I'm a big fan of geeky Yuki and her turquoise hair.
I'm avoiding all premade sims, since I know their traits already. Things are going fast not only because of Short lifespan.
Every birthday, I think: Oooh, I can't wait until the next birthday so I'll just play a few more sim-days. Rinse, repeat.
Also, I'm having trouble deciding on how I want to write about my legacy.
Part of me feels like I should explain/give proof how I'm earning points instead of a passing remark and a revision of my Legacy Scoring post.
Another part of me feels that's boring to read. So for now, I'm doing both and neither. Seriously, I'm still deciding.

@reggikko
I've played an unflirty spouse before and they're putty once they're alone with their romantic interest. Ah, you've played Raj Rasoya, I remember now!
An unflirty sim's response to PDAs is always funny.

@rika1431
Luckily for me, Benicio stays inspired when he paints and stays focused for handiness and rocket stuff.
I remember trying to have Lilith Vatore (also has the genius/creative combo) paint in a different challenge, and she would always get focused at the wrong time.
If I were choosing traits myself, I'd never pick that combo! I'm just not good at playing sims with it.

@FrancescaFiori
I don't know what everybody else thinks, but I'm rather liking the poll because--as you so aptly put it---SUSPENSE!
Erm, Sherilee and Jose both cheated a teeny-tiny bit for the Horde. I mean, for the sake of their legacy.
Sherilee did Serial Romantic but Jose needed to sire a third child for Big Happy Family. *coughs

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Sharebear Legacy: You Say Stop and I say Go, Go, Go
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2018, 02:29:39 AM »
Sharebears 1.5: You Say Stop and I Say Go, Go, Go

Jose: Any time you need help with an aspiration, honey, just let me know!
You're a Great Kisser!
Sherilee: Thanks, sweetheart, I know. I'm also done with Serial Romantic. Good riddance!

Jose: I earned a point for completing both Food aspirations in one generation.
Sherilee: Yep, now I've earned a point for one sim completing both Love aspirations!
Jose: Noooo, stop tickling me!

Week 3/Saturday

Jose: I take photos of our boys to use for painting portraits.
They're neck-to-neck in the polls! It's really close!

Well, they're identical twins so whoever wins, the Sharebear genetic pool doesn't change much.

Jose: Our nanny hasn't left for several days now, it seems.
I take advantage of her presence to have her mentor me in guitar.

Sherilee: Colt becomes an elder on our next birthdays, Jose.
Shouldn't you be learning painting instead?

Alejandro: I've started designing a mobile app.
Once that's done, I'll be stuck on Computer Whiz until my birthday.

Maybe I'll learn a skill nobody's finished yet.

Benicio: Mama and I just finished building a rocket ship.
I'd like to take it out for a spin, but it's time for work! Shoot!

Sherilee: After both boys leave for work, Mama Bear (that's me) gets busy.
Before their young adult birthday in three days, we've got to have a plan!

Let the spouse hunt commence! *leans back and blows a hunting horn
After checking the sims in our household's contacts, these three stand out.

Yumiko is the sole female teen in our simverse.
Thing is, a teen can suddenly acquire a non-unique trait on her young adult birthday. Risky!

Altman, Altman…why does that name sound so familiar?
Colt: Because Christine is my daughter.
Sherilee: You never told me you had a family!
Colt: You never asked!

Sherilee: Anyway, Christine shares two traits with my Jose. She's not primary spouse material.
Mariko, however, is perfect!
Attractive, unique traits, and I learn she works as a Chief of Staff.

To recap:
   • Yumiko Ishikawa (Teen): Lazy, Dog Lover (2 unique)
   • Christine Altman (YA, unemployed): Bookworm, Cheerful, Self-Assured (1 unique)
   • Mariko Okada (YA, L10 Doctor): Ambitious, Glutton, Vegetarian (3 unique)

I ask you: Is there any need to continue this spouse hunt? I think not.

Jose: The twins reach Level 3 in their teen careers.
Benicio: I max mine first! The fast food industry is the worst!
Alejandro: Retail wasn't bad but why did it take us three days for one promotion?
Benicio: Whatever, let's quit!

Week 4/Sunday

Colt: Hedging your bets, eh, Jose?
Jose: You know it! We'll be happy with whoever wins, since they'll both be staying.
And thanks for mentoring me to Level 8 painting, Colt.

Gregorio: There's only two children I can befriend in our simverse, so Social Butterfly is out.
How else can I contribute to this legacy!
*starts being repeatedly mean to the nanny.

Filly: Gregorio's trying to get the Insensitive trait, while I'm aiming for Compassionate.
Oh wait, never mind! You two won't be living here until your young adult birthdays.

Sherilee: We're finally at the Flea Market!
You're The Curator, dearest. Which MySims do we lack?
Jose: *pulls out a list then starts buying the missing ones

Sherilee: Nice! We only need the rare "Carl" to finish our MySims collection!
Jose: We were super lucky! The vendor sold me three out of the four rare MySims trophies!!!

Sherilee: When we get home, Watcher declares she's going to tear down our house and rebuild it.
Before she's done, I unexpectedly get notified that I've completed Mansion Baron.
Jose: Cool! We didn't even have to buy any violins!

Sherilee: Anyway, with so many satisfaction points,  I buy 2 more Potions of Youth.
Colt: Me, too! I buy Entrepreneurial and 5 Potions of Youth. That makes eight PoYs total.

Sherilee: Half the rooms in our new home still lack flooring and wall coverings.
At this point, though, I like this family room the best.

Sherilee: I invent a few serums while Alejandro works on a school project.
Both twins will grow up to be responsible with good manners, I'm sure.

Benicio: There! I'm done with Nerd Brain!
I so want to start Archeology Scholar but I can't just take off and head for Selvadorada.
Since I've already finished Renaissance Sim's first milestone, I choose that instead. *sighs

Sherilee: I have Handiness 10 and Fishing 7, so switching to Angling Ace seems like a good decision.
First stop, Forbidden Grotto. Uh, I mean, Forgotten Grotto!

I bring all my boys along to catch bait for me.
We haven't brought any food or moodlet solvers, so we're going home when our needs get low.

Monday

Sherilee: I caught five new fish at Forgotten Grotto, but our collection still lacks five.
The good news is that I'll only need three more for Angling Ace, when I reach Tier IV.

Sherilee: Oh, no! Benicio crash lands and gets Dazed. Quick, son, to the garden!
Benicio: Huh, what?
Sherilee: Eat the cowplant's cake then milk the cowplant for your Essence of Dazed.

Benciio: Why, Mama?
Sherilee: The operative word is not "why," dearest son of mine, but "for whom"?
Essence of Dazed will be quite useful for the death by electrocution.

Jose: Once everyone's left for school or work, I check my contacts for elders.
What lousy timing! All the original adults have already passed on!
There is, however, one non-nanny elder still alive in our simverse.
*mutters: I just hope she isn't one of those San Myshuno weirdos…

Eh, enough of that! Have I told you that my daughter Jordyn is now a toddler?
I'm surrounded by redheads!

Filly: I cake up as soon as I get the notice, not waiting for Papa Colt to come home from work.
Nobody's home except me and Uncle Jose, who's mysteriously busy.

I'm a perfectionist snob with the Mansion Baron aspiration which I insta-complete.
After doing the first tier of Musical Genius, I have enough to buy five Potions of Youth for a total of 13.
(The legacy total, not "my" total.)
No use hoarding those points. I'll be moving out tomorrow after Gregorio's birthday.

Alejandro: Mama is chomping at the bit to move in Mariko Okada asap.
Benicio and I both know her from somewhere. She's a nice enough lady and very smart!

Since our birthdays come tomorrow, we're both going to make friends with Mariko tonight.

Tuesday

Benicio: Yesterday, after Alejandro and I both befriended Mariko, I asked to take her photo.
This morning, I have Colt mentor me while I paint her likeness in that photo.

The portrait on my right doesn't count because I was only Painting 7 when I started it.
But I'm Painting 8 now, so my current portrait of Mariko will definitely count!

Meanwhile, in a far corner of the lot...
Guadalupe: I know Sherilee plans to move me out later today with Filly and Gregorio.
I never completed Friend of the World, nor have I maxed any unique skills.
I'm a Level 7 Chef but don't work for three more days. I'm just a slowpoke, I guess.

Until this moment, I've never done anything especially great for this legacy.
With my 2,125 satisfaction points, I buy one Potion of Youth and a moodlet solver for the legacy.
Farewell, my Sharebears! Know that I loved you deeply though ineptly.

Colt: Is that going to be my fate, too, Watcher?
Not at all. Unlike Lupe, you've maxed 4 aspirations and donated 9 Potions of Youth.
You've also mentored Jose and Benicio until they could paint memorial portraits.

Colt: So, do I keep living here?
There won't be enough room in the house, Colt. You'll simply move out.
Colt: Cool. I can live with that, literally.

Grim Reaper: You know, I'm really torn about having these Sharebears on my turf!
On one hand, I don't get paid overtime. Would someone please tell them that?
On the other hand, the Sharebears are doing wonders for my quota.
The Big Boss has noticed all my extra reapings and she's extremely pleased!
Kowloon the Cowplant: Moo?

Legacy Score: 40/103

Author's Notes

Collections
At some point soon, this family will be buying an additional lot to use as a museum to house collections.
I recall reading Pinstar's comment that we leave all our collections on the lot, but I'm going to store mine on a separate lot to minimize lagging.

The Gen2 Heir Vote
The twins have been tied for votes since the poll started two days ago.
Either twin will make a great heir which is why, I guess, they're equally popular.
If you haven't voted yet, please take a minute to cast your vote by clicking the link below.
Voting is anonymous, by the way.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HPCSFWR

Help!
I'm literally four or five sim-hours away from the twins' birthday.
Alejandro and Benicio are both friends with Mariko Okada.
Finished portraits of all three await on standby.
However, a certain something prevents me from exiting my game, hehe.
Somebody, please help break the current tie (but without voting twice, obviously).

Edited to add: The Gen2 Heir Vote closes on the morning of Friday, March 16th.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
40 points Oshizu? In the first generation? Thats insane but very good.
And I give up, you got me, I am doing a Legacy on the short setting now... Couldnt keep myself from it, so the Petals will soon come to this forum. Must admit though, I set myself some restrictions so it becomes alot harder I think (and yes I am insane in that way)

I love your way of writing stories I am really entertained each time. And still rooting for Benicio

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
It has to be Mariko! And a vegetarian glutton sounds like fun! I've already voted for the twin. I went with the unflirty man because that has more potential to be interesting than creative / genius.

The house is looking really good with the plants and strong Salvadoradan influence. 350k value already. I guess that's the benefit of a full house. Cow plants still creep me out. I'll grow one for the aspiration and remove it immediately. Very good way to ensure 'dazed' though.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
If you check your rear view mirror and look really really close, you'll see me trailing behind you in both points and timeline  ;=)
Sherilee's crew are doing wonderfully!
I was all set to ship Alejandro and Yumiko, but it looks like you're set on Mariko.  Too bad.  Yumijandro was really fun to say  :=(
I'm glad that you're having so much fun with your Sharebears.  As I recall, the TGTD was giving you some headaches, so it's a delight to see you enjoying this household so very much. 
Poor Guadalupe!  She did manage to contribute something beneficial to the household, even though skills, aspirations, and massive points managed to elude her.
Looking forward to finding out that Alejandro won and decides to marry Yumiko who becomes the heir!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
A level 10 doctor with three unique traits? And she’s cute? Somebody marry that girl, fast! She’s a legacy jackpot!
Your new house is so gorgeous. I love the details on the exterior. Interior floor and wall coverings? Psssh! Who needs ‘em?
I’m also in love with your outdoor arbor-covered massage area. Your Sims have got it good!
Farewell to this generation of helpers! They are all so dedicated, and the know just when (and how!) to make their exits. :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Wowsa!  Mariko is quite the catch!  *keeps fingers crossed for Alejandro*  I can't even believe how fast you are accumulating points!  *bows before oshizu*

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Hello, I'm one of the silents readers.

So, I forced myself to choose.
I would have picked Benicio on the only basis of his toddler trait that make easier to skill up and he seemed to be the more "vocal" as kid, but I finally picked Alejandro because he has the long hair. Also, I like his name better, but to be really honest, it was the hair.

Your future wife seems to be a great catch.

anything