Author Topic: The Power of Blood: The Doran Immortal Dynasty - 20: It's a Sad World (11/15)  (Read 20547 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
First a very beautifull wedding, then a jungle adventure. Two different sites you are showing us of her personality, i like it. But poor Diego

Offline rika1431

• Townie
@Shewolf13 Diego is so not made for the jungle, but he'll do anything for his lady  ;D Aurora certainly does seem to be popular with everyone except who she wants to pay attention to her...Niall's a bit oblivious, bless his soul.

@FrancescaFiori Aurora -heart eyes- She's definitely one of my new favorites. With her mother's influence, how could she not end up taking care of this crazy family, though? Someone needs to keep a level head around here, and it's not the panicky mom or the over confident son, rofl. Also, poetry readings are always appropriate, as far as Diego is concerned :P

@Tynynounours I feel so bad for Raj. But he doesn't do anything particularly interesting...I like the giant angelfish theory, though, it fluffs things up a bit!

@LenaLJ Poor Diego? He got a nice change of scenery, and then peaced out as soon as thing's got scary  ;D I wouldn't risk that beautiful boy for anything.

Chapter 10: Older But Not Wiser

Aislin: All right, moodlet solver, that’ll take care of this stupid temple curse. It’s a good thing we packed a lot of these. Really, a lot. A ridiculous amount, to be honest, considering I can only take on one temple per trip. Still, better over prepared than under! Bottoms up!

Aislin: Is there really any feeling that compares to the adrenaline rush of finding treasure in the depths of a forgotten and hidden temple? I don’t think so! I’m so glad I didn’t have to give this part of me up. I wonder if I’ll still get to go on adventures once I’m immortal…it’s rather dangerous…I hope so.

Aislin: -sigh- And that’s one temple cleared. I honestly wish it hadn’t gone so fast, now I have to go back to the real world.

Diego: Did you enjoy yourself, ma coeur?

Aislin: I did, immensely, and I’m so grateful you came with me.

Diego: I see that look in your eyes—don’t worry, you’ll be back before you know it.

Aislin: Well, there is one thing I wanted to do before we go back…

Diego: Oh?

Aislin: We have this villa all to ourselves, and we don’t have to hurry back, you know.

Diego: Oh, ma coeur, you do not need to tell me twice!

Aislin: Hello? I’d like to throw a party. No, no, nothing ridiculous—I don’t want any costumes—I thought I’d try for something a little classic this time. What do you mean that sounds odd for me? I can be classy!

Niall: Absolutely splendid dress, Aurora! I love your color combinations.

Aurora: Oh. -blushes- Thanks. It’s a black and white bash, so, you know, it made sense.

Niall: Yeah, but you look really awesome in it. I mean, you always look awesome, so that’s not surprising.

Aurora: Oh!

Aislin: And then I realized that we weren’t getting any newspapers anymore, and that seemed really strange, because the last one had a really detailed column about the socialization habits of zebras next to a great joke about penguins, but then I remembered that we’ve never gotten a newspaper, so perhaps it was…

Diego: Marvelous combination of knocking out your party goals, my love, but rather silly, I’m afraid.

Aislin: Love me anyways?

Diego: Always.

J: You two are so cute it’s almost sickening.

Raj: And a little extra oomph for this cake! Nothing is complete without flair, don’t you agree, Shanaya?

Shanaya: Of course, sir.

Raj: Hm. Or are you just agreeing because you feel compelled to keep us happy?

Shanaya: I am nothing if not honest, sir.

Raj: Well, do you mind not standing in front of the stove? I need to bake this excellent black and white cake, with as much pizzazz as possible.

Shanaya: My apologies, sir.

Raj: All right, it’s party time! I’ve got the cake! Are you ready for this, Aislin?

Aislin: I think so. It’s a little intimidating. Diego…

Diego: Don’t be afraid, ma coeur, my love for you transcends the bounds of time and age.

Aislin: Oh, good.

Aislin: Well, that wasn’t so bad. I think I still look pretty good. Still have a lot of energy, which is good, because I’m not done adventuring by a long shot!

Diego: There’s my girl.

Bella: Oof, that was a little shocking, though!

Aislin: It tingles, doesn’t it?

Bella: It does! I think I pulled it off all right, don’t you?

Aislin: Of course! I’m so glad we get to celebrate our birthday’s together, aren’t you?

Bella: It does make the whole affair a little less frightening.

Akira: There is absolutely no one else I’d rather be with in this very moment.

Summer: Oh, Akira, you’re so sweet. I don’t know if it’s you or this hot tub, but I can’t take my eyes off of you.

Akira: We have all night to gaze at one another, but why don’t we move on to something a bit more delicious for the moment…

Aislin: Oh wow, okay, maybe I shouldn’t be doing this…Crash landings are risky, and I could tank this whole operation…

Raj: Why don’t you just buy another rocket ship and upgrade that instead of going on space missions?

Aislin: Because that’s boring! But safer. Maybe I’ll do that after all.

Niall: And the mighty Niall completes yet another aspiration—all part of the master plan—fearlessly scaling the overgrown monkey bars, taking on the indescribable challenges of life.

Liberty: You know, cloud gazing is a little difficult with that big ball of light hovering over you.

Aislin: Oh, sorry. It’s a blessing from the temple.

Liberty: That’s pretty cool. You do realize you don’t need me for several more days, though?

Aislin: It’s a little sad how cynical you are about friendship.

Liberty: But you can’t deny it’s the truth.

Niall: And the dynamic duo skillfully treats the terrifying and life threatening outbreak that had taken over the toy world, destroying forever the risk of infection and proving once and for all that they cannot be stopped!

Aurora: Niall, we’re just…we’re just building empathy.

Niall: Fearlessly. Treating. Diseases. We’re awesome! Don’t deny the awesome!

Aurora: Mom, I’m a little nervous.

Bella: About what, darling?

Aurora: Well…I still haven’t figured out what my purpose is around here. I guess I can fish and provide potions of youth, but is it wrong to want for more? I just wish I knew what to do.

Bella: Sweetheart, you can do anything you want to. You aren’t limited just because you’re not a dynasty heir—if you have dreams and passions, you can chase them with all your heart. And if you want to have a family, well, we can work that out, too.

Aurora: Some dreams, I don’t think I’ll get to chase…

Bella: What do you mean?

Aurora: Nothing, it’s nothing. Forget I said anything.

Niall: I’m the best at fishing, don’tcha know? Why am I fishing, when I’ve already maxed mental? All part of the master plan, don’t you worry about it. Maybe a bit early for this, though…hm.

Aislin: Aha! Career maxed. That’s one less thing to worry about—and Bella was so worried when I didn’t start with connections. I still did it with plenty of time to spare. And now I can really focus on my aspiration, since I don’t need to worry about collecting donations. I shouldn’t get demoted for that, I don’t think…Well, I won’t think about that now, I’ll just bask in the joy of completing this goal! Everything’s working out just fine. Just fine, indeed…a little too fine…DIEGO!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
And her knight in shining armour flowery suit comes to the rescue again, I do like Aislin and Diego.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Bwahaha! Love that last bit. It's just so Aislin. But poor Aurora! Niall, you're breaking her heart!! Someone needs to give that boy a good smack to the back of the head, Gibb's style hehe

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Fear not, Aurora, Niall will be your intolerable doof.  It is written in the stars...or will at least be written in a forum.  Yep, totally still shipping Niara.
Lovely updates (the three or so that I just caught up on) and looking forward to more  :=)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Things are looking great . . . time to panic! Diego, you're on! :D
Happiest of birthdays to both Aislin and Bella. They're both still gorgeous.
I love Niall and Aurora playing doctor, each in their own way. Aurora dutifully doing it for the skill levels, and Niall making it as awesome and fantastical as possible! Love those kids!

Offline rika1431

• Townie
@HelenP Hehe, I like to refer to hime as knight in shining Armani :P I miss Aislin and Diego They're so cute, definitely.

@Shewolf13 Bahaha, Niall could definitely use a few smacks in the head. If only that were an option, I'd do it ;D Idk, I love him, but he's an idiot.

@PeregrineTook I love ship names  ;D Niara's such a good one.

@FrancescaFiori Yes, panic all day everyday, get soothed by Diego all day everyday--not so bad to be Aislin, is it, teehee? I'm always a little sad for adult birthdays, because I hate the wrinkles, but I think they both aged up well^-^

Chapter 11: Two Awesome Teens

Aislin: Woohoo, you’ve got this! I can’t believe it’s already time for your birthday—it feels like just yesterday you were my little baby…

Niall: Do you mind, mom? You’re kind of embarrassing me when I’m trying to focus on how to spin as awesomely as I can.

Niall: Yo, party people! I need to throw a party for my best friend. Pull out all the stops, she deserves the best.

Aurora: Thanks for throwing me a birthday party! I’m a little sad we’re not aging up at the same time, though.

Niall: Don’t worry about it! Just think, the later you age up, the longer you’ll live! And we get to rock out in our party gear, too.

Niall: Booyah. Drinks for everyone. How many drinks? A billion. I’ll keep making drinks until we get a dang toast. Believe it. Awesome drinks, too.

Aislin: To Aurora, the sweetest little girl I’ve ever met! I’m so glad she could be a part of this household—she’s only been with us a short time so far, but she’s already been as helpful as her amazing mother.

Bella: Aw, thanks, Aislin. That was so sweet.

Aislin: You two deserve all the thanks in the world.

Aurora: Oh gosh, okay, it’s time for this, then. I’m so nervous!

Niall: Just blow ‘em on out, you’re gonna be great!

Aurora: Okay! Thanks for the great party, Niall, it was fantastic!

Aurora: Okay, things have calmed down a bit, I’m just going to go ahead and get my homework done, even if I aged up too late to go to school today.

Niall: Booyah, first day of high school—gonna beast the crap out of this, just you watch. Looking pretty awesome, too, if I do say so myself. We’ve got two very awesome teens in this house, it’s almost too much to handle.

Aurora: Thanks for mentoring me, Mr. Lobo! I want to be a painter when I grow up, so it’s really nice to have someone show me the ropes.

Diego: Not a problem at all, dear, just make sure you’re paying attention to your perspective, there. It makes quite a difference in the overall outcome.

Aurora: Of course!

Aislin: Things are moving so quickly around here, I can’t believe it. I can tell Niall’s not going to stop being a handful, but maybe that’s a bit my fault—I did tell him what goals to complete, after all, instead of letting him do what he wants…I hope he doesn’t hold that against me…

Niall: Booyah, A on the first day, break it down, Niall’s awesome, oh yeah. Hey, I wonder what Aurora’s been up to today…

Aislin: Hello? Yes, I’d look to book another vacation. I know, I know, I was just there, but things are moving faster than I expected, and I need to get on with this. And it’ll be nice to getaway from everything for a moment. Just the one bedroom villa is fine, thank you.

Aislin: Ah, how exciting, a treasure chest in the middle of the jungle! I will never tire of the adrenaline rush this brings, the feeling of being so present in the moment that I just can’t think of anything else. It’s such a rush and yet so relaxing at the same time.

Aislin: Of course, I still need to do some digging to try and find relics. Not quite as exciting, but it’s still so great to be out here—and I can’t believe how fast I found the temple this time!

Aislin: OH GOD BATS. Wait, breathe, calm down, Aislin. I can logic my way out of this. Aaaand, yes! They’re gone, and that’s another mark down on the aspiration. Phew.

Aislin: Wow, and I found a relic! Time to assemble this and see what it does…oh poop, I can’t activate it on myself, because I already have the temple’s blessing. I guess I’ll have to go home, and just be very careful with it…

Aislin: -deep breath in- I’m home. Everything’s fine. Moving along in my aspiration is not contributing to the anxiety related to how quickly things are moving. -deep breath- I’ve got this.

Niall: Sup, grams! How’s it being dead?

Geeta: Eh, it could be better. I’m glad I get to visit you all, though. I’m still keeping an eye on you—I know what you’re up to.

Niall: I couldn’t possibly have an idea what you’re talking about. I’m not up to anything. Just skilling up all the time. Oh, what do you know, I need to go do that!

Niall: Booyah, super awesome trick for a super awesome bro. I guess mixology is pretty cool. Cooking’s not so fun, but I get to do all these cool tricks here, so that’s awesome. I could get the hang of this.

Aislin: Guess who’s back? Me! Did you miss me, jungle? I missed you.

Aislin: Oh. Oh, wow, and that’s…that’s my aspiration and my collection complete. I can’t believe I’m done now. Well, as soon as Niall is a young adult, Super Parent will be done, and this is done, and…oh, this is a little scary. What if I don’t come back out here? What if this is the last time? I need to soak in this moment.

Niall: Oh yeah, I can definitely get used to this mixology thing. It’s pretty awesome, just like me. -winks- Don’t you worry, I’ll always be awesome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Oh my, Niall is too much XD  I love that outfit btw.  But oh dear, I can't believe he can fit through the door, his ego is so big lol.  Aurora is GORGEOUS!  Absolutely beautiful.  hehehehe, Aislin in the jungle is a treat.  I get a bit too much enjoyment at her panic XD

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Oh, I'm a little bummed. I was hoping I'd be able to guess Aurora's baby daddy's identity, but she the spitting image of her mother, so I have no idea. She's gorgeous, though. Wow!
I love Niall in the Final Fantasy outfit. It takes a very awesome sim to pull that one off, and he's doing it with flair.
Many, many congratulations to Aislin on completing her requirements! And such a wonderful dramatic moment for it to happen. Do soak it in, dear! You've earned it!
I love the random boogieing Dance Machines do. Suits Niall perfectly!
(And I'm with you on the wrinkles sims get when they age up to adult. I use a cc face overlay that mostly gets rid of them. ;) )

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Niall's look totally fits the "cool kid" vibe he presents.  Aurora is lovely!  Of course, she's Bella's, so that's not a big surprise.  Maybe her biological father could attend her wedding to Niall  ;=)
It's always fun to see Aislin having her jungle adventures.  She's such a fun mix of confidence and complete panic.  She's a treat!

Offline rika1431

• Townie
@Shewolf13 Ain't he, though? :D Don't worry, he gets taken down a few notches.

@FrancescaFiori Aw, I'm sorry. Actually, Aurora took a bit of work to avoid making her dad's genetics obvious...I'm a little determined to keep that a secret, for all the story reasons. Niall appreciates your comments on his awesomeness :P I might have to look for that cc overlay...I didn't know that was a thing!

@PeregrineTook Biological father, what biological father? Aurora was immaculate conception ;) At least, that's the story and we're sticking to it!

Chapter 12: Crisis of Confidence

Aurora: Ah, painting. Everything is at ease at moment’s like this, when I don’t have to worry about anything but the movement of the brush, of creating something from little more than a canvas and paint. I don’t have to worry about who I am here, what I’m doing, or who isn’t paying attention to me.

Niall: Betcha think I’m zipping off to school, don’t you? Well, you’re wrong. I’m heading out to meet a bunch of people, spread the awesome around town, as it were.

Niall: Sup, lady. Cool shirt you have there.

Lady Whose Name I Forget: Thanks. It’s randomized, so I can’t take credit for it.

Niall: That’s dope, in its own way. You enjoying this fine and beautiful day?

LWNIF: …it’s literally always sunny around here.

Niall: Doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it, geez!

Niall: Hey, girl! You look a lot like my totally wicked awesome friend. What’s up with that?

Cassandra: Um. Who’s your friend?

Niall: Oh, her name’s Aurora Goth. She’s super cool, we grew up together.

Cassandra: Okay, well that would explain it. She’s probably my half-sister. I had no idea mom had another kid after leaving us…

Niall: Well, isn’t this just a big pile of awkward? You should come by some time and meet her!

Cassandra: Yeah, that’s not going to happen. Mom said we weren’t allowed to talk when she left, so I don’t think I should ‘come by.’

Niall: You just love to make things awkward. Bye!

Niall: Well, that was a bust. Back to fishing! No one can make fishing awkward.

Aislin: Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate you being here to help out around the house, even though we don’t pay you at all.

Shanaya: It’s all right, the agency pays me a stipend for all homes with free services, so it works out. Your son makes amazing food, too, so that’s nice.

Aislin: Oh, well that’s good.

Niall: Another excellent drink, expertly crafted by the awe inspiring Niall.

Niall: FWOOSH. I am so amazing.

Niall: So hey, I feel like I haven’t seen you a lot since we aged up. Dynasty requirements are a total pain, taking up all my time like that. How’ve you been?

Aurora: Oh, you know, I’m fine. I keep busy.

Niall: That’s dope.

Aurora: So, Niall—

Niall: Did you know you have a half-sister? I met her today. She’s kind of a pill.

Aurora: Oh, um, no, I didn’t. That’s…that’s interesting.

Niall: Yeah. You don’t wish you grew up with her instead of me, do you?

Aurora: No…I’m really glad I grew up with you…

Niall: To you, then! My super awesome best friend, who’s always there for me when I need her.

Aurora: You’re making a toast?

Niall: Yeah! The option was there, you’re just the best friend in the world, and I wanted to take advantage.

Aurora: -sigh- Yeah. Best friends. Awesome.

Niall: Right, awesome!

Diego: You kids having a good time?

Niall: Well, we’re awesome, so it’s kind of implied.

Aurora: Everything’s fine, Mr. Lobo.

Diego: You really don’t have to be so formal, Aurora.

Aurora: It…it’s just respectful, that’s all.

Diego: Okay. Do you mind if I have a word with my son?

Aurora: Of course!

Diego: You’re an idiot.

Niall: Whoa! Dad, that is so not cool. How could you say that?

Diego: Someone had to. Listen, you’re my son, and I love you no matter what, but you’re as thick as a block of wood sometimes, especially where Aurora is concerned.

Niall: What do you mean? We’re the best of friends. A friendship to last the ages. What am I doing wrong?

Diego: That girl is head over heels for you, and if you don’t get your head out of a certain dark area, she’s going to stop waiting for you to realize it and move on.

Niall: Wait, Aurora likes me? But. But she’s really awesome. And I’m pretty awesome, but I’m definitely not as awesome as Aurora. She’s a Goth, she’s like fifty shades of out of my league.

Diego: Son, you may be officially a Doran, but you are a Lobo through and through. Just look at your hair. No one is out of a Lobo’s league—and Aurora is a sweet, down to earth girl(which you desperately need to keep you grounded). She doesn’t care about leagues. She cares about you.

Niall: I don’t even know what to do with this information.

Aurora: -sniff- It’s okay, I’m fine, I can get through this. Best friends forever, I promised that. I can be okay with that. -sniff- I can really be okay with that.

Aislin: My teenage-crisis senses are tingling.

Aislin: All right, sweetheart, why don’t you tell me what’s got you crying out here in the dark, by the pool? I love you like a daughter, and I don’t want to see you hurting.

Aurora: It’s nothing, don’t worry about it. You’ve got enough on your plate with the dynasty, you don’t need my problems, too.

Aislin: Aurora, I mean it, you’re very dear to my heart, and if you have a problem, I’m going to move heaven and earth to help you with it. Ask Diego—I’m more stubborn than any sim in the world. I won’t let this go.

Aurora: Well…okay, but this is a little awkward. I like Niall. I’ve liked Niall since we were kids, but he just doesn’t seem to see me that way, and it hurts, but I know there isn’t anything I can do about it except try and quietly get over it. I wish…I really wish there could be more between us, but I don’t want to lose what friendship we do have.

Aislin: And have you told him this?

Aurora: Well…no.

Aislin: Then how are you supposed to know if he feels the same way? Listen, my son is not the brightest when it comes to this kind of thing. He needs a firm hand. You’re a good girl—I’ve always said so, and I would count myself the luckiest mom in the world to have you for a daughter-in-law. I think you owe it to yourself to try, instead of giving up.

Aurora: Thank you, Mrs. Doran. I really appreciate it. I’ll think about what you’ve said.

Aislin: Good. I don’t want to see you hurting, and if you need anything, you’d better come to me straight away.

Aurora: Okay. That was a good chat, but I’m still not feeling very confident about this at all. What if Niall is weirded out? Maybe…oh, I don’t know what to do.

Niall: Selfie time for prosperity. Maybe the last selfie I have with a decent amount of self-confidence. Capture the awesome while it still exists.

Aurora: Hey.

Niall: Hey. Wow. Um. You’re in a towel. That’s. Um.

Aurora: You’re stuttering…

Niall: That’s new, isn’t it? Whoa, bright light!

Aurora: Oh, heh, blessing of the ancients. It’s kind of continuously going around the house every time we talk to each other.

Niall: I dig it. So, uh…right, well…Listen, Aurora—

Aurora: UM I HAVE TO GO PRACTICE PIANO BYE.

Aurora: Well, that could not have gone worse.

Niall: Eheh. Hehe. Oh, crap. Awesome levels are deflating. Confidence is not doing so hot. She hates me.

Aislin: -deep breath- The kids are going to be fine. I do not need to stress about the potential fall out that could hit this house if that all goes wrong. I definitely did the right thing by getting involved. Not panicking…definitely not panicking…maybe a little panic…

Niall: Just a little boogie time to get my nerves back up. Still awesome. Still very awesome, right?

Niall: Another day of school, that’s cool, right?

Aurora: I guess…yeah…

Niall: Soooo…um…words…I wanted to talk—

Aurora: There’s the bus, let’s go!

Niall: Right. Okay, then.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Ugh!  It's delightfully painful watching these wacky kids go through their not-quite-the-relationship stuff.  Well written!
Diego's heart-to-heart with Niall was glorious!!  Also, "my teenage crisis senses are tingling" was wonderfully clever!  A lovely update...that is hopefully leading us to the Niara becoming a real thing instead of just in my random shipping!!  I mean, we all know Cassandra's hoping she can have Niall, but she just can't compete with Aurora's awesomeness  ;=)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Bwahahahahah, oh to be a teenager again... (not for all the money in the world!).  I love Diego, I think I may have mentioned that a time or two?  But what I love is, he's so confident, but he's also fairly down to earth which is just the kick in the butt Niall needed!  Now, if only the two of them can sync up XD lol

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Oh . . .so . . .awkward! That was either painfully sweet or sweetly painful. I just hope those two get it figured out in the end. Kudos to both Diego and Aislin for stepping in with the good advice. They're just so made for each other! That last picture proves it. They're the perfect couple.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
@PeregrineTook It's time to grant your wish!

@Shewolf13 Oh, do you love Diego? I can't recall ;) He is delightful, though.

@FrancescaFiori The most awkward! All of the awkward! I think I only know how to write awkward ;D

Chapter 13: Young Love

Bella: -sigh- I hope that witch upholds her side of the bargain. I miss my husband.

Niall: All right, it’s a nice, sunny day, that’s a good sign. My plumbob is not green, but we’re not putting this off anymore. It’s time for action!

Niall: No more running! We are having this conversation once and for all. I’ve got some stuff to say, and you’re going to hear me say it.

Aurora: Whoa, what?

Niall: I’m just going to keep steamrolling before I lose my momentum.

Aurora: But—

Niall: No buts!

Aurora: No, I don’t think I’m ready to hear this. I get it, we’re friends, awesome friends as you would say, and that’s…that’s okay. It hurts, but it’s fine. I don’t need to hear you say it again.

Aurora: -sniff- I just need to…to go be alone.

Niall: Nuh uh! I said no running away. You’ve got it all wrong. I think you’re a really awesome girl—

Aurora: Niall, you’ve said this—

Niall: Are you going to let me talk?

Aurora: Okay, fine.

Niall: As I was saying, you’re really awesome, and so I always kind of figured that you know, you were kind of out of reach. I mean, just remember when we were kids—everyone was always flocking to you. And I’ll admit it, you being a Goth is really intimidating. You’re from a very old and prestigious line, and I’m just a Doran. On paper, we don’t make sense. But life isn’t about what’s on paper, it’s about so much more. I don’t care about that if you don’t.

Aurora: I…I don’t know what to say.

Niall: Well, will you let me take you on a date?

Aurora: -blushes- I’d really like that.

Niall: Awesome.

Aurora: This is nice. I didn’t expect an art gallery.

Niall: Yeah, well, you’re a pretty classy girl, so I thought you deserved a classy date. And plus, this place is good luck—my dad chased my mom down out here, so I thought maybe luck would be on my side if we came here.

Aurora: Your dad chased your mom down?

Niall: Oh yeah, you haven’t heard about that? Apparently mom was totally not awesome about falling in love and wouldn’t give my dad the time of day, but he wouldn’t let her get away with it. I guess I got my mom’s be-an-idiot-about-love genes.

Aurora: Love?

Niall: What do you think? I’ve known you my entire life—I know your deepest, darkest secrets, and your brightest lights. I don’t think I ever had a chance to do anything but fall in love with you.

Aurora: Oh, gosh. You’ve never…

Niall: My dad knocked some sense into me. About you, at least.

Aurora: Heh. That’s good.

Aurora: Hey, stop, no, that’s ticklish!

Niall: That’s the point! I love your smile and the sound of your laughter.

Aurora: Oh, Niall.

Niall: Sooooo…how are you feeling? Enjoying the night? Pretty flirty?

Aurora: Yeah, I really am enjoying myself. And I guess you could say I’m feeling flirty.

Niall: Very flirty?

Aurora: Um, yeah. Why?

Niall: So I can do this, then.

Aurora: Oh!

Aurora: Niall, I never thought you would feel this way about me. Tonight is the happiest I’ve ever been.

Niall: Cause I’m awesome, right? -wink-

Aurora: Insufferable, but awesome.

Niall: So, that went pretty well.

Aurora: You could say that.

Niall: I could, and I’d be right.

Aurora: Oh hush, just kiss me.

Aurora: -hums- Life is pretty good. I don’t think I have anything else to worry about ever again.

Niall: Booyah! Score for Niall. I got the girl. Bet no one thought I could do that. She loves me ‘cause I’m a goober. I think I’ll celebrate with some zombie cake.

Aislin: Have I told you lately that I love you?

Diego: If I say no, will you tell me again?

Aislin: How about I show you instead?

Niall: Doot doot doot, checking my phone, being awesome. Life is good.

Niall: Bamalama! Look at this cool knife trick! If I have to learn cooking, I’m going to do it with flair.

Niall: Another party, please!

Niall: I can’t believe you didn’t take any pictures of my party. I’m hurt.

Aislin: We’re all kind of in terrible moods, so you didn’t plan this one particularly well, darling.

Niall: Whatever. Still a gold medal!

Niall: And I still got them awesome tricks!

Niall: So, I took your advice.

Diego: Ah, not so much of an idiot, then.

Niall: Cold, dad, that’s real cold. She digs me, though.

Diego: We all knew that. You were the only oblivious one.

Niall: Dang.

Diego: I love this hot tub. I’m going to spend all of my time in this hot tub.

Aislin: You do that, sweetie. You’ve certainly earned it.

Diego: Because I won your heart?

Aislin: Because you’re amazing.

Geeta: You two are sickeningly sweet.

Niall: So. Sick. Of. Cooking. Grrrrrr.