Author Topic: Seamus' Sharebear Takeover (Legacy Challenge) 8/11: 5 minutes to Midnight  (Read 20977 times)

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Re: Seamus' Sharebear Takeover (Legacy Challenge) 24/7
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 10:37:46 AM »
Love day Brawl!

The next day while Siobhan is at work I corner our local mailwoman Saya Sasaki she always looks so sad when she’s walking up the bay to deliver our mail. I decide that with the impending birth of our first child some extra childcare might be in order

Seamus: Gooood morning miss mailwoman, how are you today

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Saya: Absolutely terrible! I got shocked by a thunderstorm this morning on my daily rounds in Windenburg, then my boyfriend broke up with me and he took my cat!

Seamus: Oh man that sucks, would you like to bunk off your job for a bit and stargaze?

Saya: Sure if we’re friends that makes me on step closer to completing friend of the world!

*One Stargaze later*

Seamus: So since you clearly aren’t cut out for being a male woman how do you feel about crime?

Saya: Am I the victim?

Seamus: No, you’re the Oracle! The cybercriminal taking down banks and wealthy families for our gain!

Saya: Sounds good to me, I’m in!

Seamus: Great! Move into our humble shack here, we’ll sort you out with your own room but in return I’ll need you to take care of the child I’m having while Siobhan is at work, don’t worry we’re only planning on the one then a whole lot of helpers

Saya: That’s fine I don’t hate kids, I’m a music lover a genius and outgoing! Can I borrow your violin?

So Saya moves in and gets  quick makeover, nothing spectacular but it’s better than the mailwoman uniform.

We then head off to the Salty Paws Saloon by the docks to get a start on our mischief, for my Aspiration I need to get into 5 fights and have at least one declared enemy since I’ve already made it to milestone 3.

So I get my mean on

Seamus: Wow that shirt looks like you shoplifted it directly out of the trash! It’s HIDEOUS!

Arik Somethingorother: I -I didn’t I’ll have you know I bought this off of *the* Malcolm Landgraab himself!

Seamus: Wow Right off his body, that’s harsh. Isn’t he like 17?

Arik Whatever: No I mean I-

Seamus: It’s a terrible thing to steal from children sir, you just shouldn’t do it.

(One down four to go)

I argue with some guy called Paulo but he leaves the bar before we can become enemies. So I turn to Anya Jang.

Saya: Meanwhile I get chatting to some people at the bar, I gain a few levels of mischief by giving increasingly weird careers when people ask me what I do. It starts with I’m a mailwoman and ended with I’m a scientist searching for a wormhole to the seventh dimension on mars. With a zookeeper and ectoplasmologist thrown in the middle. That Akira guy seemed to buy it.

Meanwhile Siobhan continues painting, she’s level 5 already. Once she’s finished we move the easel to Saya’s room.

A few more days pass, Saya gets promoted from Tough gal to Petty Theif. We use the promotion money to furnish our kitchen fully getting a dining room with four chairs, a tv and a sofa.

The Spice festival eventually comes to the city on Friday, which also happens to be loveday. I head to the karaoke bar opposite to it to knock out a few more fights. I find that Paulo guy again!

Seamus: Aha I find you yet again! Did that llama of a mother not teach you not the leave mid conversation.

Saya: Meanwhile I make friends with Marcus Flex, he’s my 4th friend so far taking me to level 2 of my aspiration! He asks me if I want to join Partihaus but I decline respectfully.

Seamus: Saya wouldn’t have been able to join partihaus anyway, I also become enemies with Jade Rosa. Truthfully I didn’t want to go after her specifically I just wanted her to stop singing. It was like a Cat being stepped on.

While all this is going on Siobhan is promoted to assistant manager, she then meets us at the festival to grab some lunch.

Summer Holliday: And that’s why I think I would be such a good fit for the Paragons, I’m cute, Nicest clothes, and I’m cheerful!

Siobhan: Do you smell as good as this Banh mi though?

I take my argument with Paulo outside.

Hugo: Now now gentlemen there’s no need to fight

Seamus: Oh yes there is!

Seamus: Did you just change outfits mid fight?

Since I didn’t get much time to hang out with Siobhan on Loveday I take her out to Shimizu the new experimental restaurant in Newcrest.

Siobhan: I hope this isn’t bad for the baby?

Seamus: Meh, lets just get a good simstagram of it

The next morning Siobhan goes into Labour while watching cartoons and listening to pop music on the stereo.

Kellan Fyres is born! He’s not eligible to be an heir due to being male, but he’s plenty cute! And when he’s older he might be able to join me Fishing, collecting and Scamming. You know all the good father son activities

Siobhan confirms she’s pregnant again later that night, here’s to hoping we get an actual heir candidate next and that’s where we’ll leave it off for tonight.

Siobhan: Really I have to go through all of that again?

Points Earned: 1 (Love) 3 unique traits from Siobhan (Self assured, insider, ambitious)

Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 01:35:22 PM »
Poor Siobhan.  Having to go through the whole pregnancy all over again.  Of course, Saya just got extra work as child care provider too.  Loved Saya's makeover, by the way.  Really fit her appearance.
Poor Jade.  Otherwise, really enjoyed Seamus' Public Enemy work.  I just have a soft spot for Jade.
And yes, Patrick Rothfuss is so amazing!  I've read the first two books, but might need to re-read them before I get the third.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 06:05:56 PM »
Seamus seems to be having a blast with his Public Enemy aspiration.
But why did Paolo change his clothes during the fight? Lol

Pinstar says we can change the lot traits however and whenever we want.
I'm almost afraid to share that with you, cuz you might get triplets next. o.O
Great progress! Looking forward to seeing Keilan as a toddler!

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 01:54:13 PM »
@oshizu The deviance aspirations are my favourite I think they're actually so fun!I have no idea they were fighting and when I looked back he was wearing what I think was a work uniform? Eitherway Seamus made him very late lmao

And yeah j knew about the lot traits so far I've got convial and child's play but I didn't dare use the Ley line because like if we got triplet boys I would have actually died haha

Poor Siobhan.  Having to go through the whole pregnancy all over again.  Of course, Saya just got extra work as child care provider too.  Loved Saya's makeover, by the way.  Really fit her appearance.
Poor Jade.  Otherwise, really enjoyed Seamus' Public Enemy work.  I just have a soft spot for Jade.
And yes, Patrick Rothfuss is so amazing!  I've read the first two books, but might need to re-read them before I get the third.

Honestly those premade looks are a lifesaver when you want to be lazy but yeah it turned out decent. Jade was just in the wrong place at the wrong time really so it could have been a lot worse for her but it wasn't

EDIT* By the way what's everyone's stance on MCC for story progression? MY townies are starting to get old and I want some of them to carry on their bloodlines a bit

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
I'm going to jump in and respond to your question about MCCC by sharing my noob impressions, lol.
I created a separate Sims 4 folder for my Sharebears so MCCC wouldn't affect my other saves.

I've been using it for roughly 3 months now. It took a while to get the many settings straight.
So I absolutely recommend playing a copy of your "official" Sharebear save file until you feel like your settings are okay.
MCCC is rather aggressive about putting single sims into pairs, marrying them, and getting them pregnant. Like VERY aggressive.
MCCC will choose who to hook up, move one into the other's home, sync family names, and start pregnancies.
I set my Pregnancy settings to "only married sims living in houses," so I don't have complicated affairs and what not to track.

So yeah, I'm extremely happy not to have to do any pollinating except for my legacy household's sims.
Some of the matches are unexpected and some are downright weird, but I've been going into Manage Household to fix any pear shapes, lol.
It's nice that my Sharebears' simverse keeps growing and intermarrying without my intervention.
If you have more questions and want to know something specific, feel free to PM me.

@sdhoey is the only other Sharebear player using MCCC. What's your impression, sdhoey?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 06:24:08 PM »
*cough* Aggressive? BWAHHHH. It Oh yeah, it's fun to watch it while you learn to manage your controls. I had teens, elders walking around preggers. LOL I had almost all same-gender marriages. I loved it. But I had to go in figure out how to tweak it and Thanks to @oshizu, I did just that. I learned how to make sure that my future spouses did not get married off or preggers.

I hate pollinating. It takes up to much of my time in the game. With MCCC, not anymore. I only use it my file for the regular play like this. Not my official files. But yeah, it's worth it.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 07:26:51 PM »
@oshizu @sdhoey Thank you both! While trying to complete social butterfly I litterally realised my child Sims were the only ones in the world :/ Making it really annoying

I've still got my old MCCC settings in my mods folder I think I'll disallow homeless pregnancy ect but Sims w houses are fair game

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 09:14:07 AM »
Okay so MCC is making my game do the thing where it doesn't load past the maxis logo again, would it be okay if I just manually edited the world in CAS with fill edit mode? (Randomising traits ect still though)

Edit:Nevermid I did it anyway

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 11:49:55 AM »
Have you updated your MCCC lately? Its creator deaderpool updated it three times around the time Seasons came out.

Also, before I'd installed MCCC, my Gen2 Sharbears kids had no child-age friends for Social Butterfly like yours.
What I did was download a #legacyloves household from the Community Gallery.
For my first legacy, I didn't use MCCC, either. Whenever I didn't have enough children or spouse options, I downloaded a #legacyloves household.

Whether you use MCCC or not, be sure in later generations to check that your houses/apartments are still furnished.
If a lot's residents all die out or move out (keeping all the furnishing), that house will become empty.
The Fill Empty Houses feature won't work with a lot that has no beds.
So in my current Sharebears game, I occasionally take a household around to "fake-move."
If the target lot/penthouse can only be moved in "Unfurnished" or an apartment lists with $0 furnishings, you know you need to throw beds in there.
Sorry for the long post. Just giving you other options besides MCCC for future generations. ;D

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 01:03:34 PM »
I downloaded the beast version of MCCC since my old one was so far out of date, and for whatever reason my game threw a hissy fit which was great. So far I've just added a bunch of kids teens and toddlers and moved their parents around the town (sidenote Salim and Zoe Patel make beautiful kids)

I heard about the Legacy loves but I thought that they would all just be single Yas

And oh the house thing explains what happened when I tried to move into a house in my Caliente save, the Munches died out and all their furniture was removed and it was really annoying thank you!!

(Update is coming soon for both stories btw)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »
You can find #legacyloves households that include not only YAs but also toddlers, children, teens, adults, elders, and pets. LOL.
There are a few good #legacyloves households with 7 children + 1 YA.
So helpful for Social Butterfly, but our sim still needs to go to their house and meet them.

As for empty houses, I moved into two empty houses in my 10-Gen Townie Game (the Delgatos' and the Heckings' houses).
In my Sharebears Legacy, I just take note which houses are empty.
Then I save/reboot my game and spend some time either redownloading the houses from gallery (if it's a house I like) or just add some beds (if sims I don't care about will live there, haha).

Yay! I'm excited to read about Marcy Caliente and to meet the children of Seamus & Siobhan!

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
Re: Seamus' Sharebear Takeover (Legacy Challenge) 27/7
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 08:28:36 AM »
Does anyone else smell smoke?

Seamus: Siobhan creates the focused painting we need the next morning, she’s also started using the telescope Saya installed in the garden we’ve gotten three of those space prints so far

She’s also nearly completed leader of the pack, we’ve been inviting the paragons over overnight to rack up club points for dancing, she just needs like 100 more club points and then she’ll be done!

With her and Sayas aspiration points we’ve got enough to buy all the potions (Besides retraiting and potion of youth) for the museum which is currently a box in our basement.

I gain 3 levels of the parenting skill playing with baby Kellan

And before we know it it’s time for him to age up! He’s definitely got my eye shape but Siobhans hair and skintone, he also rolled the independent trait which is great it means he’s able to hang about by himself while the rest of us work on skills.

The problem with an independant toddler however though… Is that he is into absolutely EVERYTHING! The bookcase? Check. The Pan cupboard? Yes. My plants? Oh yeah!

I try ask him not to dig up my new Begonias via flashcards and lock the front door for him so he can’t get out there anymore, it’s a work in progress.

Kel: I help!

Seamus: I know love, but maybe you could help a different way?

Kel: Help??

Seamus: Yes!There are these people called the Delgatos on the other side of the beach. And we don't like them.

Kel: Don't wike Delgatoes. Why?

Seamus: Because they get in the way of my business, they're buying up- actually no I'll tell you this when you're older. Just next time Dig up their plants instead.

He really is adorable though, and I do love him with all my heart and I wish I could spend more time with him on a daily basis but alas

The Paragons are always around though so when the rest of us are busy there's at least someone to play with him, Siobhans newest recruit Hope enjoys giving him aeroplane rides around the main room

Speaking of Siobhan she completed leader of the pack while sitting in the kitchen eating a grilled cheese.

Siobhan: Oh sweet, I gain the natural leader trait and now no one can overthrow me! I'm picking Super parent next!

Seamus: I buy myself the free services trait, it's meant to work on one time only services but the Nanny and the scheduled maid are also free thanks to some glitch. Some losers are working for free.

Speaking of losers, Saya has an accident in the new kitchen literally minutes after we placed it

She then runs away, grabs Kel and stands outside in the cold. Leaving Siobhan with a mop trying to fight the fire.

Siobhan: Thanks Saya leave the pregnant lady to do all the work!

We ended up losing the stove and both counters.

Siobhan invites over Samantha Mallory who finally became a YA since they’re already friends she moves in no problem and gets a very brief makeover. She moves in with level 10 painting already but no progress on her aspiration.

(The “Watcher” said we aren’t counting her painting skillpoint because she didn’t technically reach level 10 while in our household)

She also invites her sister Morgan to visit who also aged up to a YA, since it's been a while since she'd seen her family

Morgan: Wow Siobhan you’ve been gone for like a week and you already have a house and two kids and two other women??

Oh like yeah mum told me to bring you this fruitcake. (I tried some it’s kinda gross already)

Siobhan: Rightttt Thanks Morgan… Wait- Do you feel that?

Morgan: ? ? ?

Siobhan: Ah I’m in Labour again thank llamas this is nearly over

Morgan: You know what thanks for inviting me over, I’m gonna um go I’ll tell mum you said hi

We've named him Declan Sharebear and we stuck one of the watchers gnomes in the nursery too. I figured if she's not even gonna help us with some miracle strawberries then she can be a nannycam. (At least it's something useful)

Even though Siobhan took PTO she still got promoted to Regional Manager

Siobhan: Yeah because I’m MANAGING this family

Sam: Ooooooooh

Seamus: Meanwhile on the way in from work both Saya and I got struck by lighting, neither of us died or gained any magic powers but we were both pretty dazed

I’m going to go wash all this lighting off me so this update is wrapping up here

Atheltic 1/10 (Leader of the pack)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2018, 11:24:34 AM »
A lovely update all around, but Siobhan trying to mop up the fire was clearly the peak moment to me!!  Quite the unconventional approach to fire fighting  :=)
And I say you should be able to count the painting skill point.  If you move in someone at the top of their career, it counts, so it should work the same with skills.  That's my thought, anyway.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2018, 12:06:30 PM »
Kellan is adorable and with such attractive parents, I'm sure Declan will be too.  Not to mention the little sister yet-to-come.  Maybe Seamus should try playing some pop music for his beautiful wife.  Maybe even make a trip to the Produce stand.  Although it is awesome that he's spending a lot of time with Kellan.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2018, 01:54:57 PM »
Seamus is so devious, encouraging little Kell to go wreck the Delgatos' garden.
The weirdest things always happen in your game! Siobhan using a mop to fight a fire!?
Awww, too bad you lost new stuff to the fire, though.
Siobhan's so awesome, she even gets promoted on a day off, lol!
I reread your story from the beginning, trying to figure out who "Sam" was. Duh, that's short for Samantha...

Love Seamus and his household! Your founder is such a great narrator!
Ohhhh, I just checked your succession laws.
Strict equality and they've had two boys so far.... I bet they're gonna be so handsome!

Btw, I scoured the comments on Pinstar's Legacy website and he mentions that we can count both previously maxed careers and skills on sims we move in.
You're fine with counting Hope's maxed Painting. Yay, someone who can paint Seamus and Siobhan's portraits!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So glad that Seamus survived being struck by lightning! Wow, Saya, too!
My sims haven't experienced that but I don't mind at all...
Go Seamus!

anything